Page 16 of 30

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:25 pm
by Tristarsteve
Bostrom wrote:
Haven't seen this mentioned, but Swedish Lapland will get a new route next year. Eurowings will fly Cologne/Bonn-Arvidsjaur once a week from 2020-01-17 to 2020-03-16.

EW5596 CGN0905 – 1155AJR 32A 5
EW5597 AJR1355 – 1645CGN 32A 1

Source: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-in-1q20/


Selling seats on the positioning flights after the car testers charters.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:00 pm
by SRQKEF
Blerg wrote:
I see that Wizz Air plans on operating the A321 on VIE-OSL starting from December, isn't that a bit of an overkill? Is there really that much demand between the two cities?


They fly an A321 on VIE-KEF as well. I guess the A321 is just becoming a larger proportion of the fleet, so you see it added to more routes.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:45 pm
by davidjohnson6
Details of flights between Germany and Arvdisjaur at www.fly-car.de

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:25 pm
by FredrikHAD
trent768 wrote:
SASViking wrote:
I can only answer for Denmark. No, Flygskam is not that wide spread here. Nor is it growing that much. One thing that "helps" is that our train network is very outdated. The infrastructure is breaking down all the time, the InterCity trains and trains to Germany are from the late 80's-early 90's and very worn out. There's absolutely no service on the Danish trains, if you are lucky you can get a cold drink from a machine for 20DKK and if you're very, very lucky the train staff will sell you a tiny cup of instant coffee, also for 20DKK. And finally tickets are very expensive.
I don't want to be rude to my Swedish neighbours, but they've always been a bit extreme on the "PC-scale" compared to the rest of us :D

Foreign student living in Sweden here!
Yes I agree, this sustainable and "ekologisk" thing is getting out of hand here in Sweden, especially among the Swedish university students. The level of hypocrisy among these people is sickening though. A girl in my corridor stuffed her part of the fridge with this over-priced "ekologisk" stuff, yet keeps throwing plastic into the compost paper bag. The exact same type of people also turned my uni's grass field into a sea of trash during Valborg. Ecologist my butt...

Regarding the flygskam, I don't think that it is a big thing here in Norrland. I mean, even with the expensive snabbtåg, the trip from Umeå to Stockholm still takes around 6-7 hours. Faster only by around 1-1,5 hour compared to the cheaper night train and sometimes have the same price as DY to ARN which only took 1 hr.

Sooo, if you don’t do everything 100 % eco friendly you’re a hypocrite and deserves to be ridiculed by others? I think we all need to do what we can to save the planet, but I guess that’s a discussion for another forum.

For Norrland, air travel is necessary. I live in the southern part (guess where!), and some cities here have a travel time to Stockholm via train that makes it impossible to go there without spending the night. Via air I can have a customer meeting and a few meetings with colleagues and still be back to tuck my youngest in at night. Am I a hypocrite? Perhaps. Are Umeå, Storuman or Kiruna people hypocrites because they don’t wish to spend two working days travelling to and from Stockholm and still buy eco food? Not in my opinion.

If you don’t do anything to save the planet you’re not a hypocrite. Is that a good thing? I think I’d much rather be called a hypocrite every now and then...

/Fredrik

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:26 am
by Someone83
Wizzair has announced their 4th route between London Luton and Norway. Stavanger starts Sep 16 (same day as OSL, and they already operate to BGO and TOS) and will vary between 3x and 4x weekly with A321

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -sep-2019/

W98119 LTN1715 – 1955SVG 321 x246
W98120 SVG2030 – 2115LTN 321 x246

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:44 am
by minilinde
Someone83 wrote:
Wizzair has announced their 4th route between London Luton and Norway. Stavanger starts Sep 16 (same day as OSL, and they already operate to BGO and TOS) and will vary between 3x and 4x weekly with A321

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -sep-2019/

W98119 LTN1715 – 1955SVG 321 x246
W98120 SVG2030 – 2115LTN 321 x246


Thanks! Interesting that they start a route with only 2 months heads-up

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:56 am
by SeanM1997
minilinde wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
Wizzair has announced their 4th route between London Luton and Norway. Stavanger starts Sep 16 (same day as OSL, and they already operate to BGO and TOS) and will vary between 3x and 4x weekly with A321

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -sep-2019/

W98119 LTN1715 – 1955SVG 321 x246
W98120 SVG2030 – 2115LTN 321 x246


Thanks! Interesting that they start a route with only 2 months heads-up


Actually this got announced on 14 March 2019 as seen in my tweet:

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 2320583685

Just because Airlineroute tweets something, doesn't mean its just been released. Airlineroute are nearly 4 months late on this one

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:00 am
by Blerg
SRQKEF wrote:
Blerg wrote:
I see that Wizz Air plans on operating the A321 on VIE-OSL starting from December, isn't that a bit of an overkill? Is there really that much demand between the two cities?


They fly an A321 on VIE-KEF as well. I guess the A321 is just becoming a larger proportion of the fleet, so you see it added to more routes.


True but they face no competition to KEF and they are the only non-stop option for quite a large catchment area. I mean the closest nearby flights to Iceland are from Munich while to the east there are no flights except from Poland. Oslo on the other hand is a completely different story and I can't imagine the market being that big.

OSL-VIE

2015: 128.784
2016: 153.181
2017: 155.723

So in 2017 there were, on average, 213 one-way passengers. That's a bit less than a Wizz Air A321.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:11 am
by seansasLCY
SeanM1997 wrote:
minilinde wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
Wizzair has announced their 4th route between London Luton and Norway. Stavanger starts Sep 16 (same day as OSL, and they already operate to BGO and TOS) and will vary between 3x and 4x weekly with A321

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -sep-2019/



Thanks! Interesting that they start a route with only 2 months heads-up


Actually this got announced on 14 March 2019 as seen in my tweet:

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 2320583685

Just because Airlineroute tweets something, doesn't mean its just been released. Airlineroute are nearly 4 months late on this one


That could kill SK's SVG route. They are already down to operating Cityjet CRJs on it.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:20 am
by ilari
AY has not officially announced starting PUS so who ever keeps adding that to Wikipedia, please stop.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:18 am
by minilinde
seansasLCY wrote:
That could kill SK's SVG route. They are already down to operating Cityjet CRJs on it.


Not so sure about that. SVG-LHR for SAS is all about the corporate traffic. LTN is further from London, and the high paying gas companies don't really fly ULCC carriers...

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:25 am
by Someone83
seansasLCY wrote:

That could kill SK's SVG route. They are already down to operating Cityjet CRJs on it.


SVG-LHR is usually 737s, however occasionally CRJ-900s are being used.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:50 am
by Bostrom
minilinde wrote:
seansasLCY wrote:
That could kill SK's SVG route. They are already down to operating Cityjet CRJs on it.


Not so sure about that. SVG-LHR for SAS is all about the corporate traffic. LTN is further from London, and the high paying gas companies don't really fly ULCC carriers...


And it's also about connecting traffic, and there are more connecting options in LHR.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:43 pm
by kimimm19
Can someone clarify SAS's fleet plans?

They seem to be replacing all their current generation short haul aircraft (a319, a320, 736, 73G, 738) with the a320neo? Is there room for a potential a220 order?

Then there was a quote that seems to indicate that they intend to replace all their current longhaul (a330 & a340) with the a359... With only half of that current generation accounted for with replacement orders is it possible for the a35K or the a330neo on the cards?

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:59 pm
by minilinde
kimimm19 wrote:
Can someone clarify SAS's fleet plans?

They seem to be replacing all their current generation short haul aircraft (a319, a320, 736, 73G, 738) with the a320neo? Is there room for a potential a220 order?

Then there was a quote that seems to indicate that they intend to replace all their current longhaul (a330 & a340) with the a359... With only half of that current generation accounted for with replacement orders is it possible for the a35K or the a330neo on the cards?


Current fleet plans are:
Regional wet-lease: ATR & CRJ900/1000
Short haul: replace 737’s with A320’s. This includes keeping the current A320CEO (319/320/321’s)
Long haul: replace A340’s with A350’s on a 1:1. Replace the oldest A340 (LN-RKP ex Chile) with a A330-300 Enhanced.
Introduce 3 A321LR in the summer of 2020.

I think there is a potential for the A220-100/300, probably operated by wet-lease partner (as the ATR and CRJ’s).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:07 pm
by Bostrom
kimimm19 wrote:
Can someone clarify SAS's fleet plans?

They seem to be replacing all their current generation short haul aircraft (a319, a320, 736, 73G, 738) with the a320neo? Is there room for a potential a220 order?

Then there was a quote that seems to indicate that they intend to replace all their current longhaul (a330 & a340) with the a359... With only half of that current generation accounted for with replacement orders is it possible for the a35K or the a330neo on the cards?


737NGs will be replaced by A320neos (and maybe some A321neos). At least some ceos will be remain in the fleet. For smaller routes, they will use wet leased ATRs and CRJs. I'd love to see A220s with SAS, but I don't think that is likely.

Not sure about the long haul plans. I think the original plan was to order 8 A350s and 4 A330Es to replace 8 A340s and 4 older A330s, but the A330s have been used for expension instead, apart from the newest one that will replace an A340. They have hinted that while the A350s will be used to replace A340s on their current routes, they might keep a few A340s. They also have A321LRs on order, that will probably be used for expansion. I wouldn't bet on an A350-1000 order, the A350-900s are SAS largest aircraft in a long time (largest since they retired the 747s?), but maybe a few A330neo who knows?

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:19 pm
by minilinde
Bostrom wrote:

737NGs will be replaced by A320neos (and maybe some A321neos). At least some ceos will be remain in the fleet. For smaller routes, they will use wet leased ATRs and CRJs. I'd love to see A220s with SAS, but I don't think that is likely.

Not sure about the long haul plans. I think the original plan was to order 8 A350s and 4 A330Es to replace 8 A340s and 4 older A330s, but the A330s have been used for expension instead, apart from the newest one that will replace an A340. They have hinted that while the A350s will be used to replace A340s on their current routes, they might keep a few A340s. They also have A321LRs on order, that will probably be used for expansion. I wouldn't bet on an A350-1000 order, the A350-900s are SAS largest aircraft in a long time (largest since they retired the 747s?), but maybe a few A330neo who knows?


The A350-900 are indeed the largest by seat count since the failed introduction of the 747’s.. No chance for the A35K, it’s just too large, and introduce a subfleet of 1-2 A35K’s is not operational efficient.
For long haul the plans are A350’s to replace A340’s on the longest and busiest routes. Keep current A330E, and probably replace the older A330’s with newer once as well, could be NEO’s. The A350 is too big for ARN and OSL as the feed priorities CPH.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:43 pm
by SRQKEF
Blerg wrote:
SRQKEF wrote:
Blerg wrote:
I see that Wizz Air plans on operating the A321 on VIE-OSL starting from December, isn't that a bit of an overkill? Is there really that much demand between the two cities?


They fly an A321 on VIE-KEF as well. I guess the A321 is just becoming a larger proportion of the fleet, so you see it added to more routes.


True but they face no competition to KEF and they are the only non-stop option for quite a large catchment area. I mean the closest nearby flights to Iceland are from Munich while to the east there are no flights except from Poland. Oslo on the other hand is a completely different story and I can't imagine the market being that big.

OSL-VIE

2015: 128.784
2016: 153.181
2017: 155.723

So in 2017 there were, on average, 213 one-way passengers. That's a bit less than a Wizz Air A321.


OS operates 2x weekly to KEF in the high season as well, but I get your point. Let's see if they manage to stimulate the market.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:21 pm
by Blerg
SRQKEF wrote:
Blerg wrote:
SRQKEF wrote:

They fly an A321 on VIE-KEF as well. I guess the A321 is just becoming a larger proportion of the fleet, so you see it added to more routes.


True but they face no competition to KEF and they are the only non-stop option for quite a large catchment area. I mean the closest nearby flights to Iceland are from Munich while to the east there are no flights except from Poland. Oslo on the other hand is a completely different story and I can't imagine the market being that big.

OSL-VIE

2015: 128.784
2016: 153.181
2017: 155.723

So in 2017 there were, on average, 213 one-way passengers. That's a bit less than a Wizz Air A321.


OS operates 2x weekly to KEF in the high season as well, but I get your point. Let's see if they manage to stimulate the market.



Didn't know about OS, thanks for the correction.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:55 pm
by YIMBY
minilinde wrote:
Bostrom wrote:

737NGs will be replaced by A320neos (and maybe some A321neos). At least some ceos will be remain in the fleet. For smaller routes, they will use wet leased ATRs and CRJs. I'd love to see A220s with SAS, but I don't think that is likely.

Not sure about the long haul plans. I think the original plan was to order 8 A350s and 4 A330Es to replace 8 A340s and 4 older A330s, but the A330s have been used for expension instead, apart from the newest one that will replace an A340. They have hinted that while the A350s will be used to replace A340s on their current routes, they might keep a few A340s. They also have A321LRs on order, that will probably be used for expansion. I wouldn't bet on an A350-1000 order, the A350-900s are SAS largest aircraft in a long time (largest since they retired the 747s?), but maybe a few A330neo who knows?


The A350-900 are indeed the largest by seat count since the failed introduction of the 747’s.. No chance for the A35K, it’s just too large, and introduce a subfleet of 1-2 A35K’s is not operational efficient.
For long haul the plans are A350’s to replace A340’s on the longest and busiest routes. Keep current A330E, and probably replace the older A330’s with newer once as well, could be NEO’s. The A350 is too big for ARN and OSL as the feed priorities CPH.


IMO, now that A321XLR is to be reality, they should convert most of their long haul flights to XLR. It has sufficient leg from all their major cities to most North American destinations (Exl Florida and California), North India, Central Africa, all Middle East and Inland China up to Beijing. They can fly to America from ARN, CPH, OSL and GOT, and add frequencies to please business travelers.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:52 pm
by vadheim
I do not think we will see more SAS long haul from OSL than EWR.

OSL does fine without SAS - actually - attracting other airlines offering the mix needed right now.

SAS should concentrate on Copenhagen in the future.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:40 am
by minilinde
SAS new A330-300 is now being delivered: https://fr24.com/SAS9150/21292d50

Will begin production on Juli 15th or 16th. Source (in Danish) : https://check-in.dk/sas-har-modtaget-ny ... stancefly/

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:09 am
by sabby
minilinde wrote:
SAS new A330-300 is now being delivered: https://fr24.com/SAS9150/21292d50

Will begin production on Juli 15th or 16th. Source (in Danish) : https://check-in.dk/sas-har-modtaget-ny ... stancefly/


So, finally the infamous LN-RKP will be put to rest ?

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:16 am
by minilinde
sabby wrote:
So, finally the infamous LN-RKP will be put to rest ?


Yes. It will be parted out for spares

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:47 pm
by Nami
ARN 6/2019

Domestic: 393,966 (-5.3%)
International: 2,100,104 (-2.1%)
Total: 2,494,070 (-2.6%)

After first half of this year:

Domestic: 2,453,442 (-8.5%)
International: 9,996,145 (-3.8%)
Total: 12,449,587 (-4.8%)

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:26 pm
by Bostrom
BRA is getting rid of their Avros, but they have now hinted that they have some jets on busy routes in the future. But if that means A220s, E-jets, CRJs or something else is unknown so far.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:41 pm
by FredrikHAD
Bostrom wrote:
BRA is getting rid of their Avros, but they have now hinted that they have some jets on busy routes in the future. But if that means A220s, E-jets, CRJs or something else is unknown so far.


Any idea of when they will go? I see SE-DSO/P/T are already retired (stored). I guess the rest will go as they reach some economical limit. Heavy checks probably play a part here.

I wonder if the supposed jets on busy routes will be owned by BRA or leased. What are the busiest routes anyway? Malmö will be one, but how is GOT doing these days with competition from train and other airlines? How dependent are they on the charters? Those are mostly run with the Avros I think. Incidentally I see lots of them have been to Visby this week, no doubt for the political week.

/Fredrik

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:38 pm
by Bostrom
FredrikHAD wrote:
Any idea of when they will go? I see SE-DSO/P/T are already retired (stored). I guess the rest will go as they reach some economical limit. Heavy checks probably play a part here.

I wonder if the supposed jets on busy routes will be owned by BRA or leased. What are the busiest routes anyway? Malmö will be one, but how is GOT doing these days with competition from train and other airlines? How dependent are they on the charters? Those are mostly run with the Avros I think. Incidentally I see lots of them have been to Visby this week, no doubt for the political week.

/Fredrik


I've heard March 2020. The new jets will be leased and used primarily on the routes to Malmö and GOT. My personal guess it that they might show up in Umeå as well.

And yes, this week Visby have flights to almost everywhere. I've flown to Visby once for Almedalsveckan (I usually take the ferry) and looking at SAS' schedule was interesting, instead of 5 daily ATRs it was 7 daily 737s.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:39 pm
by davidjohnson6
Does anyone have a list of some of the more unusual public flights to/from Visby for Almedalsvecken ? I realise that routes to Arlanda, Bromma, Goteborg or Malmo, along with summer-only Helsingborg, Norrkoping, Ostersund, Sundsvall and Umea will see increased frequency and aircraft size - it's the flights from Swedish middle-of-nowhere airports to Visby which operate only this week that particularly interests me

A month ago, Folkemodet which is the equivalent political festival in Denmark saw all kinds of special scheduled flights like Odense-Ronne and Esbjerg-Ronne from DAT

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:24 am
by Bostrom
davidjohnson6 wrote:
Does anyone have a list of some of the more unusual public flights to/from Visby for Almedalsvecken ? I realise that routes to Arlanda, Bromma, Goteborg or Malmo, along with summer-only Helsingborg, Norrkoping, Ostersund, Sundsvall and Umea will see increased frequency and aircraft size - it's the flights from Swedish middle-of-nowhere airports to Visby which operate only this week that particularly interests me

A month ago, Folkemodet which is the equivalent political festival in Denmark saw all kinds of special scheduled flights like Odense-Ronne and Esbjerg-Ronne from DAT


No, and when I think about it it was Nextjet that was the expert on small Almedalen routes. Like Karlstad, Jönköping, Västerås, Skavsta. So I'm not sure how it has been this year.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:32 am
by QuawerAir
Now it's official: Finnair launches Busan-service on March 30, 2020. The route will be operated with Airbus A350 as I expected. Thus, Finnair will fly 10x weekly to South Korea.

Finnair

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:36 pm
by Bostrom
SE-REH, the latest SAS A330 was delivered a few days ago. And as soon at it enters scheduled service, LN-RKP will be flown to France to be scrapped.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:20 pm
by QuawerAir
HEL June 2019 statistics

Domestic: 202,143 (+1.6%)
International: 1,848,214 (+5.5%)
Total: 2,050,357 (+5.1%)

1H/2019:
Domestic: 1,568,598 (-0.2%)
International: 9,053,994 (+6.0%)
Total: 10,622,592 (+5.0%)

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:13 pm
by Bostrom
A GA8 Airvan with nine people onboard has crashed outside UME. No survivors. This is the 5th deadiest aviation accident in Sweden since 1945.

More information (in Swedish): https://www.vk.se/2019-07-14/flygexpert ... lig-olycka

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:16 am
by Oykie
Bostrom wrote:
A GA8 Airvan with nine people onboard has crashed outside UME. No survivors. This is the 5th deadiest aviation accident in Sweden since 1945.

More information (in Swedish): https://www.vk.se/2019-07-14/flygexpert ... lig-olycka


I’m really sorry to hear about this crash. My deepest condolences to those who have lost their loved ones.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:34 am
by ilari
BASe will start POR-HEL on Aug 1, three daily. Hopefully this will survive.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:57 am
by Someone83
ilari wrote:
BASe will start POR-HEL on Aug 1, three daily. Hopefully this will survive.


Is this a PSO route or do they cooperate with someone?

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:01 am
by davidjohnson6
Is there an article on the web about the new Pori service ? 6 months ago, the EU notified formally abput a PSO imposition on Pori-Helsinki

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:08 am
by ilari
Someone83 wrote:
ilari wrote:
BASe will start POR-HEL on Aug 1, three daily. Hopefully this will survive.


Is this a PSO route or do they cooperate with someone?



Oh yeah, seems to be PSO.

http://www.lentoposti.fi/uutiset/base_a ... _vantaalle

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:44 pm
by Someone83
Check.dk reports that Great Dane has received their 2nd aircraft

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:51 am
by QuawerAir
As of September 2019, Boeing 787-8 will operate to Helsinki (HEL) under the flight numbers of QR302 and QR304, replacing A350-900.

The 14 weekly Airbus A330-200/300 service remain unchanged during the winter 2019/2020 season.

Timetable

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:52 am
by SKAirbus
Bostrom wrote:
SE-REH, the latest SAS A330 was delivered a few days ago. And as soon at it enters scheduled service, LN-RKP will be flown to France to be scrapped.


Finally a universal onboard product across SK's long haul fleet!

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:31 am
by Blerg
This coming winter season, Finnair will increase HEL-DUB from 5 to 9 weekly while HEL-EDI will go from 3 to 6. All flights are operated by E90 expect Friday flights to DUB which will be on the A319.

Interesting that both destinations are being doubled. I guess Dublin is performing well if it's also getting the A319?

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:52 pm
by QuawerAir
According to turisti.is, Tianjin Airlines is looking to open 3 weekly Wuhan–Helsinki–Reykjavík route next winter. Tianjin Airlines is part of HNA Group (as were Beijing Capital Airlines and Lucky Air), so I'm not surprised if this didn't become reality.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:51 pm
by davidjohnson6
Would it include the 2 special words that all European avnerds wants to hear, namely 'fifth freedom' ?

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:24 am
by Someone83
SE-REH, SAS newest A330-300 was putin traffic yesterday. First flight was CPH-BOS

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:29 am
by QuawerAir
davidjohnson6 wrote:
Would it include the 2 special words that all European avnerds wants to hear, namely 'fifth freedom' ?

Yes, I assume they plan to use 5th freedom rights.

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:39 am
by Someone83
LN-RKP has now left CPH on its final flight to LDE for part out and scrap

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:36 am
by Someone83
Widerøe is moving the BGO-ABZ route to a pure E190-E2 route from November 4th. But already fro, September 4th, 1 og 11 weekly flight will be with the E2

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -nov-2019/
The last Dash8-Q400 flight on this route in 2019/20 is scheduled on 03NOV19, moving to E190-only from 04NOV19.

WF392 BGO0825 – 0835ABZ 290 x67
WF398 BGO1755 – 1805ABZ 290 x6

WF393 ABZ0905 – 1115BGO 290 x67
WF399 ABZ1840 – 2050BGO 290 x6

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:56 am
by SCQ83
BA reduces LHR-KEF

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... ce-in-w19/

British Airways in recent schedule update filed service changes for London Heathrow – Reykjavik Keflavik service, for winter 2019/20 season. Overall frequency has been reduced from 27OCT19, from 11 to 7 weekly.


DL is also making JFK-KEF seasonal. I wonder if other international carriers are also reducing KEF.

With WOW's bankruptcy and Icelandair B737 MAX's reductions, this is going to be a tough winter in KEF. As new routes I can only see AMS on HV, KRK on W6 and LPA/TFS on DY.