qf2048

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - January 2019

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:46 am

Today's QF43 is being operated by VH QPD, the 300 variant of the A330's. According to the qantas source it's the second time an A330-300 has operated the route since it was upgraded over the holidays. Be nice to see the A330 year round on the route.
ZL,QF,KE,BA,AS,CX,FR,U2,W6,EI,IB,JL,AY,LH,AA,AC,FQ,DJ,JQ,LA,FJ,QS,NZ,NF,SB,PG,EK,AB,VA,MH,KA,VN

qf2048

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:55 am

BAeRJ100 wrote:
There are rumours swirling of Q400's by mid-year, plus the introduction (or rather, RE-introduction - hint, hint) of Ejets at one of the regional airlines.

This has got me intrigued. All I can think of is Cobham. Don't forget how it worked out for Jetgo..
I'd love to see Airnorth expand into southern NSW. Maybe take on some of those old Jetgo routes? Think FC are doing okay with the Saabs.
ZL,QF,KE,BA,AS,CX,FR,U2,W6,EI,IB,JL,AY,LH,AA,AC,FQ,DJ,JQ,LA,FJ,QS,NZ,NF,SB,PG,EK,AB,VA,MH,KA,VN

NTLDaz

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:04 am

qf2048 wrote:
BAeRJ100 wrote:
There are rumours swirling of Q400's by mid-year, plus the introduction (or rather, RE-introduction - hint, hint) of Ejets at one of the regional airlines.

This has got me intrigued. All I can think of is Cobham. Don't forget how it worked out for Jetgo..
I'd love to see Airnorth expand into southern NSW. Maybe take on some of those old Jetgo routes? Think FC are doing okay with the Saabs.

This is intriguing- I took RE to possibly mean Regional Express. Bit extreme but they need to start thinking of SAAB replacements soon

I fly ZL regularly and the 340's are getting old. An E-jet may work on their heavier trafficked routes. I fly them to ONG 5 or 6 times a year. Has anyone else on here ever flown to ONG ?

qf2048

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:43 am

NTLDaz wrote:
qf2048 wrote:
BAeRJ100 wrote:

This is intriguing- I took RE to possibly mean Regional Express. Bit extreme but they need to start thinking of SAAB replacements soon

I fly ZL regularly and the 340's are getting old. An E-jet may work on their heavier trafficked routes. I fly them to ONG 5 or 6 times a year. Has anyone else on here ever flown to ONG ?

If you mean OAG then that would be a yes for me. Last ZL flight form there broke down before even departing. Locals call them REX because they recks you plans..

QF754

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:47 am

NTLDaz wrote:
qf2048 wrote:
BAeRJ100 wrote:

I’m pretty sure the hint is suggesting that a previous E-jet operator is giving consideration to reintroducing the type. That narrows it down to VA, and probably VARA.

Maybe lower lease rates and lower VARA operating costs mean that E-jets are being looked at as a viable long-term replacement for the F100s on regional routes? I read on another thread that JetBlue are due to return a large number of leased E-jets from 2020 onwards as new A220s are delivered...

NTLDaz

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:11 am

qf2048 wrote:
NTLDaz wrote:
qf2048 wrote:

If you mean OAG then that would be a yes for me. Last ZL flight form there broke down before even departing. Locals call them REX because they recks you plans..

Nope defo ONG.

NTLDaz

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:13 am

QF754 wrote:
NTLDaz wrote:
qf2048 wrote:

I’m pretty sure the hint is suggesting that a previous E-jet operator is giving consideration to reintroducing the type. That narrows it down to VA, and probably VARA.

Maybe lower lease rates and lower VARA operating costs mean that E-jets are being looked at as a viable long-term replacement for the F100s on regional routes? I read on another thread that JetBlue are due to return a large number of leased E-jets from 2020 onwards as new A220s are delivered...

You may be right but my thinking was the capitals- RE. Can't imagine VA going down that path again.

RyanairGuru

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:38 am

NTLDaz wrote:
qf2048 wrote:
NTLDaz wrote:

Nope defo ONG.

To be fair I also assumed that you meant OAG.

After you insisted it was ONG I had to Google it. Certainly an interesting destination! For those who are equally confused ONG is Mornington Island Airport in the Gulf of Carpentaria (and is indeed a ZL destination)
Worked Hard, Flew Right

smi0006

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:51 am

QF754 wrote:
NTLDaz wrote:
qf2048 wrote:

Lol; at a stretch, wasn’t REX originally Hazelton- who operated Bandeirante‘s so whilst not E-jets they were Embraers?

But seriously would be amazed if VA picked some up. Whilst the lower costs of VARA make sense (do they still own Skywest, who operate VARA? Or is VARA rebranded skywest?) surely that must raise questions why they weren’t moved to VARA previously?

Could Cobham take some over some cheap ones to replace QFLinks 717s?

With regard to Q400s have QF maxes out the utilisation of theirs? Do they need more, maybe replace the 300s?

On a sidenote what’s happening to the VA ATRs parked in NSN in NZ? Are they being returned to lease, operation or sold?

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:16 am

smi0006 wrote:
QF754 wrote:
NTLDaz wrote:

Lol; at a stretch, wasn’t REX originally Hazelton- who operated Bandeirante‘s so whilst not E-jets they were Embraers?

But seriously would be amazed if VA picked some up. Whilst the lower costs of VARA make sense (do they still own Skywest, who operate VARA? Or is VARA rebranded skywest?) surely that must raise questions why they weren’t moved to VARA previously?

With regard to Q400s have QF maxes out the utilisation of theirs? Do they need more, maybe replace the 300s?

On a sidenote what’s happening to the VA ATRs parked in NSN in NZ? Are they being returned to lease, operation or sold?

Skywest was rebranded VARA after VA purchased Skywest.

I have heard interesting things regarding VA's F100's replacements. To say the least some may go quicker than some may think and they could be replaced by something unexpected
Forum Moderator

smi0006

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:34 am

qf789 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
QF754 wrote:

I have heard interesting things regarding VA's F100's replacements. To say the least some may go quicker than some may think and they could be replaced by something unexpected

Unexpected sounds good! The more variety we can get domestically the better :)

Bluebird191

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:40 am

Could AirNorth be considering the E190 to compliment their E170’s?

Gemuser

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:51 am

RyanairGuru wrote:

After you insisted it was ONG I had to Google it. Certainly an interesting destination! For those who are equally confused ONG is Mornington Island Airport in the Gulf of Carpentaria (and is indeed a ZL destination)

It was a BPA destination before that, for some decades before that.. [BPA = Bush Pilots Airlines]

Gemuser

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:19 pm

Tomorrow's QF9/10 domestic legs being subbed by A333, QF10 delayed for a 1910 departure
Forum Moderator

BAeRJ100

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:30 pm

qf2048 wrote:
BAeRJ100 wrote:

smi0006 wrote:

QF754 wrote:

Don't forget Cobham operated the E190 between 2015 and 2018!

But yes, word is that Cobham will use the Q400 for gravel strips as there is no suitable jet replacement for the gravel kit-equipped 146/RJs, while at the same time more Ejets will at first complement but subsequently replace the rest of the fleet. This is purely for the Regional/charter side of the operation.
B737/738/739/744ER/752/753/763/77L/77W/788/789
A223/320/321/332/333/346/359/388
MD82/MD88/717/F100/RJ85/RJ100/146-100/200/300
E175/190/CRJ700/900

Ryanair01

Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:53 pm

Does anybody know what happened with the Virgin 'meltdown' in Sydney this week?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/i-expected-it-to-be-busy-but-wow-delays-at-sydney-airport-due-to-fog-20190102-p50p6i.html

I'm always cynical about these type of stories, but queuing out the door like that suggests something went pretty badly wrong.

zkncj

Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:45 pm

NTLDaz wrote:
[]

Does ZL have the captail for an fleet replacement project? If there were interested in going larger NZ/VA has both recently off loaded there 72-500s, VA still has an grave yard of them in NSN.

VHOGU

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:11 pm

Does anyone know why PR Q400’s are flying into BNE?

NTLDaz

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:13 pm

RyanairGuru wrote:
NTLDaz wrote:
qf2048 wrote:

Nope defo ONG.

Population about 1300, the vast majority of which are Aboriginal. Gets 2 flights per day as part of milk runs. Mt Isa - Doomadgee - ONG - Normanton- Cairns and another in the opposite direction. 2 days per week there is a stop in Karumba between Normanton and ONG. Mornington Island and Doomadgee have Alcohol Management Plans and announcements are made that any alcohol needs to be surrendered to the Flight Attendant.

I remember reading a trip report of someone who took the milk run from Mt Isa to Brisbane on Rec. It stops about 5 or 6 times on the way.

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:37 am

Ryanair01 wrote:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/i-expected-it-to-be-busy-but-wow-delays-at-sydney-airport-due-to-fog-20190102-p50p6i.html

I'm always cynical about these type of stories, but queuing out the door like that suggests something went pretty badly wrong.

VA had put out on social media that morning that delays were expected in both SYD and MEL as it was going to be particularly busy. The flight referenced in the article being VA555 was delayed for operational reasons. On top of that VA had to deal with a A332 at the wrong port after the red eye from PER diverted to MEL due to the fog in SYD. VA555 was operated by the inbound aircraft from HKG, with it only having just under 2 hours ground time, turning it around and add in it needed to be towed which could have been delayed to ATC it was an uphill battle to get the flight out of time. The displaced aircraft in MEL was ferried to SYD to operate the HKG flight which ended up with about a 3hr delay.
Forum Moderator

NTLDaz

Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:42 am

qf789 wrote:
Ryanair01 wrote:

VA had put out on social media that morning that delays were expected in both SYD and MEL as it was going to be particularly busy. The flight referenced in the article being VA555 was delayed for operational reasons. On top of that VA had to deal with a A332 at the wrong port after the red eye from PER diverted to MEL due to the fog in SYD. VA555 was operated by the inbound aircraft from HKG, with it only having just under 2 hours ground time, turning it around and add in it needed to be towed which could have been delayed to ATC it was an uphill battle to get the flight out of time. The displaced aircraft in MEL was ferried to SYD to operate the HKG flight which ended up with about a 3hr delay.

On top of those challenges the biggest issue is the fact it was the busiest day of the year in the busiest terminal in Australia. Doesn't take much to go wrong for chaos to ensue in those circumstances. Terminal 2 is not big enough ground side for the amount of people who go through it.

oskarclare

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:09 am

[list=][/list]
VHOGU wrote:
Does anyone know why PR Q400’s are flying into BNE?

There not actually the Q400. Flight radar 24 is just showing this because this new particular A321neo has the same rego as an old Q400 which doesn’t have it anymore. But as the FR24 system hasn’t picked this up yet, it is still showing a Q400. The Q400 doesn’t have the range or speed for MNL-BNE.

smi0006

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:10 am

NTLDaz wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Ryanair01 wrote:

On top of those challenges the biggest issue is the fact it was the busiest day of the year in the busiest terminal in Australia. Doesn't take much to go wrong for chaos to ensue in those circumstances. Terminal 2 is not big enough ground side for the amount of people who go through it.

Could be over dramatic article but those photos seem telling. Seems like VA didn’t get their resourcing right - they had deployed additional curb side Checkin counters at one point. However opening all counters, and having staff roaming around handing out bottled water would have reduced a lot of that angst. New Years shouldn’t have surprised them, and they should have planned for potential disruptions.

I wonder what the arrangement is in SYD around infrastructure- why does VA not have more Checkin kiosks and any Auto bag drops? They have only just installed some in MEL. Their bag drop transaction time is woeful, I with no staff to handle kiosk issues. Perth was done years ago and flows so well! Not to mention QF did it maybe 10years ago? I do hope we see some major investment in this terminal to expand Checkin.

SACL seem to be eternal dreamers and planners, never wanting to invest as they don’t want to invest in technology or infrastructure that isn’t future proof - but are so slow they simply can’t keep up on any front and are perpetually evaluating!

NTLDaz

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:18 am

smi0006 wrote:
NTLDaz wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Could be over dramatic article but those photos seem telling. Seems like VA didn’t get their resourcing right - they had deployed additional curb side Checkin counters at one point. However opening all counters, and having staff roaming around handing out bottled water would have reduced a lot of that angst. New Years shouldn’t have surprised them, and they should have planned for potential disruptions.

I wonder what the arrangement is in SYD around infrastructure- why does VA not have more Checkin kiosks and any Auto bag drops? They have only just installed some in MEL. Their bag drop transaction time is woeful, I with no staff to handle kiosk issues. Perth was done years ago and flows so well! Not to mention QF did it maybe 10years ago? I do hope we see some major investment in this terminal to expand Checkin.

SACL seem to be eternal dreamers and planners, never wanting to invest as they don’t want to invest in technology or infrastructure that isn’t future proof - but are so slow they simply can’t keep up on any front and are perpetually evaluating!

There isn't really room for automated bag drops. They have to share the terminal with Jetstar, Tiger, Rex and Fly Pelican. They really need their own terminal like QF has.

waoz1

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:55 am

Friend is currently on QF9
Last night in Perth apparently a few passengers were offloaded due to weight restrictions. She was one of them but was able to get a seat due to work commitments.

Were offerend Perth-Singapore-London in business if they went two days later.

Any ideas why it might be the case?
More fuel?

tullamarine

Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:15 am

There isn't really room for automated bag drops. They have to share the terminal with Jetstar, Tiger, Rex and Fly Pelican. They really need their own terminal like QF has.

SYD T2 is operating way above the capacity it wa designed for when AN opened it nearly 20 years ago. It is felt most acutely at landside check-in and security but the terminal does struggle. There was a plan at one stage of doing an airside link between T3 and T2 which would potentially reduce congestion as some airlines could use the T3 check-in hall. Nothing has come of this; maybe it will change at the end of the QF lease of T3 at which time their exclusivity over that terminal will end and will probably move to a priority gate arrangement similar to what VA has in T2.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

moa999

Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:47 am

No reason Syd Airport can't introduce common automated check-in and bag drop facilities

smi0006

Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:52 am

moa999 wrote:
No reason Syd Airport can't introduce common automated check-in and bag drop facilities

Exactly!! ADL has it for goodness sake, with NZ,JQ,TT all sharing kiosk and bag drops in the morning peak!

TT and VA should be able to share kiosks and bag drops easily. JQ can have their own end as they currently do.

On reflection my suspicion would be the injection rates for the bags is a lot faster when automated - and the SACL sortation system can handle the throughput....

SYDSpotter

Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:15 am

waoz1 wrote:
Friend is currently on QF9
Last night in Perth apparently a few passengers were offloaded due to weight restrictions. She was one of them but was able to get a seat due to work commitments.

Were offerend Perth-Singapore-London in business if they went two days later.

Any ideas why it might be the case?
More fuel?

Stronger than normal headwinds? It looks like QF9 clocked in at 18hrs yesterday which seems above the normal flight time.
319_320_321_332_333_388 / 734_737_738_743_744_762_763_772_773_77W_788_789

VapourTrails

Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:11 am

Major delays at SYD this evening, with at least a dozen flights diverted, and double that number in cancellations. I assume it is due to the weather events passing through our region. Domestic and international diversions include to CBR, MEL, BNE, PQQ, OOL.

Obzerva

Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:19 am

qf789 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
QF754 wrote:

If they were going the cheap to obtain option:
To me unexpected would be some cheap 737-300s.

If they were going the unexpected expensive option.
A220s.

Or wild card:
A319s - seems to be a few available these days - and VARA does operate A320s atm, with more coming from TT

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:29 am

Weather at SYD is causing delays and diversions tonight with many aircraft currently in holds

Diversions
QF580 PER-SYD diverted to MEL
QR908 DOH-SYD diverted to MEL
QF146 AKL-SYD diverted to MEL
SQ241 SIN-SYD diverted to MEL
QF756 ADL-SYD diverted to CBR
QF2265 LDH-SYD diverted to PPQ
VA958 BNE-SYD diverted to BNE
QF28 SCL-SYD diverted to BNE
QF164 WLG-SYD diverted to BNE
JQ204 AKL-SYD diverted to OOL
VA1558 HVB-SYD diverted to BNE
QF2261 LDH-SYD diverted to PPQ
NZ835 ZQN-SYD diverted to MEL
QF4 HNL-SYD diverted to BNE
QF122 ZQN-SYD diverted to BNE

Just looked at VA556 PER-SYD today, the 737 today was in the air for 5hrs 36 mins, the average for this flight is 3hrs 41 mins, the flight was put into a holding pattern 2 and half hours before landing

There is also a good chance that VA562 PER-SYD which is due to arrive just before the curfew will be diverted
Forum Moderator

777ER
Head Moderator

Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:52 am

smi0006 wrote:
QF754 wrote:
NTLDaz wrote:

The VA ATR's are sitting in NSN till their lease is up or if required. Way cheaper to store then operate
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]
Flown: 1900D,S340,Q300,AT72-5/6,DC3,CR2/7,E145,E70/75/90,A319/20/21,A332/3,A359,A380,F100,B717,B733/4/8/9,B742/4,B752/3,B763,B772/3, B789
With: NZ,SJ,QF,JQ,EK,VA,AA,UA,DL,FL,AC,FJ,SQ,TG,PR

VapourTrails

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:18 am

qf789 wrote:
Weather at SYD is causing delays and diversions tonight with many aircraft currently in holds.

Diversions

Just looked at VA556 PER-SYD today, the 737 today was in the air for 5hrs 36 mins, the average for this flight is 3hrs 41 mins, the flight was put into a holding pattern 2 and half hours before landing

There is also a good chance that VA562 PER-SYD which is due to arrive just before the curfew will be diverted.

Thank you for that list - add to that OL855 diverted to CBR. Interesting evening. These weather events for late 2018 into 2019 are becoming far more frequent it seems? To not get caught up in one is a bonus when travelling. :thumbsup:

Pax have taken to social media to vent/share their experiences. Two and a half hours or more on the ground. I assume you can’t use the restroom when the aircraft is on the ground? Yikes.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/neighbour_s/ ... gr%5Etweet
Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/Capitan_Typo ... gr%5Etweet

Source: https://www.flightradar24.com

TN486

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:42 am

va562 timed to eta syd 2248. should be ok.
remember the t shirt "I own an airline"on the front - "qantas" on the back

TN486

Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:00 pm

va562 touched down 2258 whew
remember the t shirt "I own an airline"on the front - "qantas" on the back

ClassicLover

Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:49 pm

VapourTrails wrote:
Two and a half hours or more on the ground. I assume you can’t use the restroom when the aircraft is on the ground? Yikes.

Of course you can. I've used them at the boarding gate before flight, and also once on an American flight where we sat on the tarmac for close to two hours as DCA was closed while a storm passed through. They work just as well on the ground as they do in the air.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

TheDutchman92

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:28 pm

The weather sure was fun! 2 missed approaches for QF26 at around 12-1230.

Ryanair01

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:56 pm

tullamarine wrote:

SYD T2 is operating way above the capacity it wa designed for when AN opened it nearly 20 years ago. It is felt most acutely at landside check-in and security but the terminal does struggle. There was a plan at one stage of doing an airside link between T3 and T2 which would potentially reduce congestion as some airlines could use the T3 check-in hall. Nothing has come of this; maybe it will change at the end of the QF lease of T3 at which time their exclusivity over that terminal will end and will probably move to a priority gate arrangement similar to what VA has in T2.

T3 opens up to other airlines this year, under a deal they did a few years back QF will keep priority access to 12 of 17 gates and 75% of check in desks until 2025. Most of the shop leases also end this year, so there might be some upgrades to the facilities on offer. I wondered if we might see Jetstar relocate to ease T2?

True, T2 landside is essentially as Ansett left it. What struck me is that the disruption seemed limited to VA and not the other carriers in T2.
qf789 wrote:
Ryanair01 wrote:

Interesting to know. Twitter videos seemed to show Jetstar just about coping, REX/Tiger desks coping but largely unstaffed and VA with queues out the door. I noticed somewhere it said they were queuing by departure time. I wondered if too many people turning up too early was a problem? I've known it when you need to ask pax who've arrived early to queue elsewhere, so that passengers for immediate flights can be processed. Certainly the number of desks VA has doesn't match their proportion of flights from T2, which would make that balance harder to achieve.

Hope there weren't too many people with connections in HKG!

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:52 pm

VapourTrails wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Weather at SYD is causing delays and diversions tonight with many aircraft currently in holds.

Diversions

There is also a good chance that VA562 PER-SYD which is due to arrive just before the curfew will be diverted.

Thank you for that list - add to that OL855 diverted to CBR. Interesting evening. These weather events for late 2018 into 2019 are becoming far more frequent it seems? To not get caught up in one is a bonus when travelling. :thumbsup:

Pax have taken to social media to vent/share their experiences. Two and a half hours or more on the ground. I assume you can’t use the restroom when the aircraft is on the ground? Yikes.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/neighbour_s/ ... gr%5Etweet
Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/Capitan_Typo ... gr%5Etweet

Source: https://www.flightradar24.com

The lavs can be used on the ground, heck I have seen plenty of FA's use them either before take off or after landing, typically toilets are locked for take off and landing for obvious reasons.

I didn't check but if it was anything like the storms in the days leading up to Christmas, there was one day where ramp crew were off the tarmac for nearly an hour due to lightning near by. Add in strong winds and it can be quite challenging for ramp crew to work in, hence delays like this happen
Forum Moderator

bunumuring

Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:11 am

Hey guys,
Further to the EJet speculation.... I would think Cobham as well....
As for the VARA Fokker replacements, let's just pray for Superjets! THAT would be left-of-the-centre and totally astonishing! And also very short term I would think: look at Brussels Airlines experiences with the type! Back to reality and I agree that more A320s from TIger or possibly some dirt-cheap A319ceos may find their way into VARA's fleet.
Over Christmas / NY I had interesting conversations with some other avgeeks, commercial pilots and one defence force pilot. one of the pilots I spoke with suggested to me that QantasLink will gain some more ex-Jetstar A320s by the end of this year and that the QF narrow body replacement decision won't be made until 2020 at the earliest.
Interesting times ahead.
Cheers
And a happy new year!
Bunumuring
I just wanna live while I'm alive!

RyanairGuru

Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:49 am

bunumuring wrote:
suggested to me that QantasLink will gain some more ex-Jetstar A320s by the end of this year and that the QF narrow body replacement decision won't be made until 2020 at the earliest.

Those both seem pretty safe predictions to me.

The one question mark I have with more A320s for Network is at what point will the Qantas unions sit up and pay attention, and if they do is it worth it for the company to provoke an unnecessary disagreement with labour?

I might be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that Qantas crews don't have 'scope protection' like their colleagues in the USA do and therefore there is theoretically nothing to stop Qantas outsourcing everything at will. A couple of aircraft operating intra-WA probably isn't going to concern too many people, but the more 'mainline' size aircraft that Network operate the more I can see this being a labour issue down the track.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:55 am

The Qantas Fleet thread summary has been updated, for more refer to

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1411865&p=20983117#p20983117
Forum Moderator

HM7

Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:33 am

Lowlight 2018: Termination of regularly scheduled QF 747 ex JFK, LAX, and BNE
CRJ200, Q400, E175, E195, MD88, MD90, A320, A332, A380, B717, B734, B738, B739, B752, B762, B763ER, B789, B744, B744ER

An767

Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:46 am

Looking on Flightradar QF have a flight Syd- Sin QF83 looks like it operates Fri, Sat &Sun. Is this a seasonal flight or permanent addition? Its a lot of seats with QF 81 & QF 1 daily. bearing in mind they don't have the SQ feed at the Sin end .
If its got wings put me on it. If it floats on water take it away

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:52 am

An767 wrote:
Looking on Flightradar QF have a flight Syd- Sin QF83 looks like it operates Fri, Sat &Sun. Is this a seasonal flight or permanent addition? Its a lot of seats with QF 81 & QF 1 daily. bearing in mind they don't have the SQ feed at the Sin end .

Its only seasonal, the aircraft was freed up since PER-JNB didn't go ahead
Forum Moderator

An767

Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:01 am

qf789 wrote:
An767 wrote:

Its only seasonal, the aircraft was freed up since PER-JNB didn't go ahead

Thanks
Shame they never put it through BNE. I'm going to SIN next week and have been sent via MEL on QF 35. long way round travelling from EMD!
AN767
If its got wings put me on it. If it floats on water take it away

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:49 am

Forum Moderator

waoz1

Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:06 am

EY Syd over April May

Abu Dhabi – Sydney 31MAR19 – 30MAY19 EY450/451 777-300ER replaces A380

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:52 am

MU737/738 PVG-MEL will be operated by 787-9 from 1 Feb

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -feb-2019/
Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos