Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NTLDaz

Re: New Zealand Aviation Thread - January 2019

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:36 am

DavidByrne wrote:
jimmyah wrote:
Just drove past NSN and there are 3-4 Virgin Australia ATR’s lined up. Does anyone know what these are doing? I presume matenance but that seems like a large number to have here at once.

They’re not needed by VA and are just winding down their leases according to a report I read the other day.

I'm interested to know why they are in Nelson. As in I know they are surplus to VA requirements but why choose Nelson ?

zkncj

Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:02 am

[quote="NTLDaz"
I'm interested to know why they are in Nelson. As in I know they are surplus to VA requirements but why choose Nelson ?[/quote]

NZ has the heavy maintenance contract for VA's ATR fleet, hence why the withdrawn ATR's are sitting at one stage there was about 7 of them parked around NSN.

NZ is also one of the main OEM support contractor holders for ATR in South East Asia / Pacific, so from an lessors point of view having them at NZ base and being looked after there is probably an preferred option.

Why VA doesn't just pay to get out of the leases early is anyones guess, NZ was able to see 72-500s that we're way older so there is an used market out there.

ZK-NBT

Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:16 am

There were 5 VA ATR’s lined up at NSN when I passed by last week, not sure if there are anymore hidden. Pretty crazy really, you would think you were talking about SA or TG or some other poorly run airline with near new aircraft parked like that.

Megatop747-412 wrote:
SQ will begin A359 operations on SQ297 SIN-CHC tonight, using a long haul configured A359 (J42W24Y187), departing SIN at 1915 hours and arriving into CHC tomorrow at 1005 hours. Note there’s a slight schedule timing change from the SQ297/298 pair operated by the 77E’s.

And at the moment, 9V-SMF is rostered to operate the inaugural flights. SMF is the 10000th Airbus aircraft delivered to an airline customer, and have a special sticker on the rear fuselage to depict its “special status”. So CHC spotters, this would be your chance to head out to CHC tomorrow to capture this historic moment.

As an aside, 9V-SVB operated the final SQ297/298 flight on 5th / 6th Jan, with the final SQ298 flight leaving today.

Nice.

And good to see the SQ/NZ alliance means NZ running the additional services next year.

9V-SVB was back today running the SQ295/296 service.

SQ are obviously quite successful in CHC, only CZ and CX go there non stop from Asia, it would be good to see some other carriers from Asia there. I’m surprised KE never returned, maybe MU from PVG.

ZaphodHarkonnen

Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:41 am

More non news about the WLG runway extension. The Environment Court proceedings are on hold till May to allow WIAL to resubmit their resource consent application.

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national ... sion-plans

But the court says the substantial delays in the case reflected badly on the administration of justice and it was aware many participants had "had enough".

In 2013, Wellington Airport sought permission from the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) to extend its runway by 355m to allow bigger planes to land.

The CAA accepted those plans, including a 90m safety area at each end of the runway.

However, the Airline Pilots Association challenged that decision, arguing the safety areas were too short.

The case went all the way to the Supreme Court which in 2017 backed the pilots.

The airport has resubmitted its proposal to the CAA, which has indicated it will take until May to make a decision.

Megatop747-412

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:21 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
There were 5 VA ATR’s lined up at NSN when I passed by last week, not sure if there are anymore hidden. Pretty crazy really, you would think you were talking about SA or TG or some other poorly run airline with near new aircraft parked like that.

Megatop747-412 wrote:
SQ will begin A359 operations on SQ297 SIN-CHC tonight, using a long haul configured A359 (J42W24Y187), departing SIN at 1915 hours and arriving into CHC tomorrow at 1005 hours. Note there’s a slight schedule timing change from the SQ297/298 pair operated by the 77E’s.

And at the moment, 9V-SMF is rostered to operate the inaugural flights. SMF is the 10000th Airbus aircraft delivered to an airline customer, and have a special sticker on the rear fuselage to depict its “special status”. So CHC spotters, this would be your chance to head out to CHC tomorrow to capture this historic moment.

As an aside, 9V-SVB operated the final SQ297/298 flight on 5th / 6th Jan, with the final SQ298 flight leaving today.

Nice.

And good to see the SQ/NZ alliance means NZ running the additional services next year.

SQ are obviously quite successful in CHC, only CZ and CX go there non stop from Asia, it would be good to see some other carriers from Asia there. I’m surprised KE never returned, maybe MU from PVG.

Oh cool to note SVB was back to CHC running SQ296/295. And yes agree that SQ seemed to be doing well on SIN-CHC, as they have been running non-stop SQ297/298 for a long time now since CHC was "decoupled" from AKL around the late 90's or early 2000's and it became a daily flight. With the introduction of the A350, CHC now get a Premium Economy product to SIN and beyond as well which is nice.

ZK-NBT

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:05 am

Megatop747-412 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

Megatop747-412 wrote:

Nice.

Oh cool to note SVB was back to CHC running SQ296/295. And yes agree that SQ seemed to be doing well on SIN-CHC, as they have been running non-stop SQ297/298 for a long time now since CHC was "decoupled" from AKL around the late 90's or early 2000's and it became a daily flight. With the introduction of the A350, CHC now get a Premium Economy product to SIN and beyond as well which is nice.

SQ decoupled CHC from AKL in 1997 IIRC, Before that it had 4 weekly flights with 744s SIN-CHC-AKL-SIN and SIN-AKL-CHC-SIN 2x weekly each while AKL had its own service the other 3 days.

NZ still flew CHC-SIN back then, I believe initially SQ ran 3 days and NZ 4 days ex CHC while SQ ran daily ex AKL and NZ 3 weekly with the 763 for NZ and 343 for SQ

Did SQ seasonally atop CHC at one point while NZ were running it? I think they ran a night service for a short time while NZ ran a day service then overnight return.

DavidByrne

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:55 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
Did SQ seasonally stop CHC at one point while NZ were running it? I think they ran a night service for a short time while NZ ran a day service then overnight return.

At one point, IIRC, NZ operated CHC-SIN daily and I don't think there was an SQ service alongside that.
This is not my beautiful house . . . This is not my beautiful wife

Megatop747-412

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:06 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
Megatop747-412 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

Nice.

SQ decoupled CHC from AKL in 1997 IIRC, Before that it had 4 weekly flights with 744s SIN-CHC-AKL-SIN and SIN-AKL-CHC-SIN 2x weekly each while AKL had its own service the other 3 days.

NZ still flew CHC-SIN back then, I believe initially SQ ran 3 days and NZ 4 days ex CHC while SQ ran daily ex AKL and NZ 3 weekly with the 763 for NZ and 343 for SQ

Did SQ seasonally atop CHC at one point while NZ were running it? I think they ran a night service for a short time while NZ ran a day service then overnight return.

Yeah you're right SQ decoupled CHC from AKL circa 1997, when they received their A340-300E's and put them on SIN-CHC. The A343s were then replaced with with the 77E as we know it, until now...

DavidByrne wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
Did SQ seasonally stop CHC at one point while NZ were running it? I think they ran a night service for a short time while NZ ran a day service then overnight return.

At one point, IIRC, NZ operated CHC-SIN daily and I don't think there was an SQ service alongside that.

I believe this occurred about 2000 when both SQ and NZ joined Star Alliance, and SQ acquired a stake in NZ. At the time, NZ operated the daily SIN-CHC on a 763 (I think flight number was NZ35/36) whereas SQ concentrated on SIN-AKL daily (SQ285/286) on the 744. Now come to think of it, that would be the time when SQ actually stopped flying their own metal to CHC, although they continued to serve SIN-CHC non-stop via their alliance partnership with NZ...

nz2

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:09 am

Megatop747-412 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

Megatop747-412 wrote:

Nice.

While the PE is nicer than Y, at 2-4-2 it is a bit tighter than NZ's width wise - have they upgraded the seats at all because my last experience a few months ago I found the pitch tight also compared to NZ

Megatop747-412

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:36 am

nz2 wrote:
Megatop747-412 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

Nice.

While the PE is nicer than Y, at 2-4-2 it is a bit tighter than NZ's width wise - have they upgraded the seats at all because my last experience a few months ago I found the pitch tight also compared to NZ

I never flown PE on SQ personally (would certainly love to one day!) so can't really comment. But, given you've just tried it a few months ago I would say then that SQ would not have made any changes to the A359, given these aircraft are relatively new with the oldest being 2-3 years old. The only possible difference to SQ's PE, A359 fleet wise, would be the A359ULR, which SQ received from July/Aug through to Dec- these are also at 2-4-2 with a couple of rows as 1-4-1 at the rear of the aircraft, but may have a slightly larger pitch. SQ did also receive 2x A359 in Dec, however those are configured for their "regional" flights with does not have PE. In the case of CHC flights they are using their standard long haul A359 (i.e. aircraft registrations 9V-SMA to 9V-SMU) therefore there is not likely to be any changes from your experience a couple of months ago...

nz2

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:56 am

Megatop747-412 wrote:
nz2 wrote:
Megatop747-412 wrote:

I never flown PE on SQ personally (would certainly love to one day!) so can't really comment. But, given you've just tried it a few months ago I would say then that SQ would not have made any changes to the A359, given these aircraft are relatively new with the oldest being 2-3 years old. The only possible difference to SQ's PE, A359 fleet wise, would be the A359ULR, which SQ received from July/Aug through to Dec- these are also at 2-4-2 with a couple of rows as 1-4-1 at the rear of the aircraft, but may have a slightly larger pitch. SQ did also receive 2x A359 in Dec, however those are configured for their "regional" flights with does not have PE. In the case of CHC flights they are using their standard long haul A359 (i.e. aircraft registrations 9V-SMA to 9V-SMU) therefore there is not likely to be any changes from your experience a couple of months ago...

I flew AKL/SIN in the 777 so thought with the introduction of a new plane they may have improved the product a little. No big deal but certainly a tighter fit when you think about it, 8 abreast in a 9 Y abreast plane versus 7 against 9 in the 787 and 8 against 10 in the 777

AVENSAB727

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:52 am

How long will IAH remain 772/77W? Will it ever go back to the 789?
Always look on the bright side of Life!

jimmyah

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:03 am

Megatop747-412 wrote:
nz2 wrote:
Megatop747-412 wrote:

PE on SQ is terrible. I didn't realise how good NZ was until they chucked me on an SQ codeshare! Hardly any legroom and the seat was narrow. The only positive is that the entertainment screen was large.

Soft product wise SQ PE is the same as economy, same food/drink, just an extra choice. No dedicated FA's either. Food was served the same way as economy as well, no nice bowls or glasses.

ZK-NBT

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:19 am

AVENSAB727 wrote:
How long will IAH remain 772/77W? Will it ever go back to the 789?

Not to sure, I can’t see it changing anytime soon tbh, as long as there are engine issues for the 789’s they will keep them off North American routes bar ORD where the range is required. As to ever it will go back to the 789 one day it’s just a matter if that’s in 6 months 12 months or 5 years.

Megatop747-412

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:43 am

nz2 wrote:
Megatop747-412 wrote:
nz2 wrote:

I flew AKL/SIN in the 777 so thought with the introduction of a new plane they may have improved the product a little. No big deal but certainly a tighter fit when you think about it, 8 abreast in a 9 Y abreast plane versus 7 against 9 in the 787 and 8 against 10 in the 777

Fair comment, however, I believe that PE on the 77W was fitted around 2015-2016 when SQ started refitting their 77W fleet. They were introduced pretty much together with the A359, so the PE seats on the 77W and A359 are supposedly the same. I can understand it being tighter - I think there are other who have commented on it especially 8 abreast on an A359 would appear tighter. I wonder what the likes on CX’s PE feels like on their A359, which is also 8 abreast...

zkeoj

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:04 am

I have flown PE on NZ, LH and SQ, and SQ is indeed my least favourite (a bit surprising with SQ being usually superior - or at the very least on par - in the other classes). NZ has the best offer (seat is great and they have business meals), and I really enjoy LH's PE as well (did that about 6 times in the past 12 months - the last one just a few days ago), and I can easily do without the business meals. I find the fabric seats more comfortable than the leather of NZ's PE seats. I did LH on the A380, A340-600, B744 and B748, and all seemed to be the same, and all felt spacious.

I usually upgrade my flights (i.e. do not book PE outright), and SQ has been the cheapest on AKL-SIN, and for that money the seats are fine, just nothing special. On a SIN-AKL leg they have been the most expensive though.

Happy New Year
micha

TheLifehouse

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:41 am

I noticed that ZK-OJG positioned on the 2nd of January from Christchurch to Townsville as NZ6001. (Presumably for repainting at Flying colors)

Not sure if she was in full Air NZ livery or in basic c/s but does anyone know who she's been sold to?

Cheers

PA515

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:21 am

TheLifehouse wrote:
I noticed that ZK-OJG positioned on the 2nd of January from Christchurch to Townsville as NZ6001. (Presumably for repainting at Flying colors)

Not sure if she was in full Air NZ livery or in basic c/s but does anyone know who she's been sold to?

I believe ZK-OJG is still owned by Maquarie AirFinance. It flew CHC-TSV on 03 Jan 2019. According to 'Flying Colours' Facebook page in 2018 they repainted 22 737-800s and 21 Q400s for QF. But they also repainted Q300 VH-SCE and Q200 VH-TQX. I wondered if ZK-OJG might be going to QantasLink who have two ex JQ A320s of about the same age.

PA515

NZ321

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:33 am

I agree with above comments. Avoid SQ premium economy it is not worth it. NZ offers a vastly superior product. Business and economy however are another matter.
Plane mad!

NZ321

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:36 am

LH premium economy in my opinion depends on the aircraft - on A380 it is very comfortable. On A340 not so good. NZ remains in front of both LH and SQ for this product in my experience. In fact, I haven't experienced a better premium economy product -would like to try NH and BR but these days I am usually in business so I haven't taken the opportunity. Keen to hear other's feedback on BR, CX and NH in relation to NZ.
Plane mad!

PA515

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:37 am

ZK-NZL as NZ26 AKL-ORD returning to AKL and should arrive about 0100. Doesn't appear to be an engine problem as FL340 and 465kts.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/zk-nzl

PA515

sunbus617

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:01 pm

NZ321 wrote:
LH premium economy in my opinion depends on the aircraft - on A380 it is very comfortable. On A340 not so good. NZ remains in front of both LH and SQ for this product in my experience. In fact, I haven't experienced a better premium economy product -would like to try NH and BR but these days I am usually in business so I haven't taken the opportunity. Keen to hear other's feedback on BR, CX and NH in relation to NZ.

NH premium economy is substandard- even their own staff admit JL's product is far superior. But CI's premium economy is the best out there.

AviatorNZ

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:09 am

A post on the NZ Aviation Group on Facebook shows ZK-MCO painted with a green tail. Seems to be going to Air Chathams.

777ER
Head Moderator

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:27 am

NZ321 wrote:
I agree with above comments. Avoid SQ premium economy it is not worth it. NZ offers a vastly superior product. Business and economy however are another matter.

Thanks for the advice. Planning a trip next year to South Africa and was considering SQ Y+. Loved their Y product on the 3 flights with them last year so was hoping Y+ would be even better
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]
Flown: 1900D,S340,Q300,AT72-5/6,DC3,CR2/7,E145,E70/75/90,A319/20/21,A332/3,A359,A380,F100,B717,B733/4/8/9,B742/4,B752/3,B763,B772/3, B789
With: NZ,SJ,QF,JQ,EK,VA,AA,UA,DL,FL,AC,FJ,SQ,TG,PR

torin

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:31 am

PA515 wrote:
ZK-NZL as NZ26 AKL-ORD returning to AKL and should arrive about 0100. Doesn't appear to be an engine problem as FL340 and 465kts.

PA515

This was due to a weather radar fault

PA515

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:53 am

torin wrote:
PA515 wrote:

PA515

This was due to a weather radar fault

Thanks Torin. ZK-NZL as NZ109 AKL-SYD today.

PA515

jimmyah

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:47 am

777ER wrote:
NZ321 wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Planning a trip next year to South Africa and was considering SQ Y+. Loved their Y product on the 3 flights with them last year so was hoping Y+ would be even better

That's exactly the trip I did with SQ in PE. Qantas fly there, and I tried South African Airways business class as well (they don't have PE) and it was great.

777ER
Head Moderator

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:07 am

AviatorNZ wrote:
A post on the NZ Aviation Group on Facebook shows ZK-MCO painted with a green tail. Seems to be going to Air Chathams.

Air Chathams are taking over the Alliance Airways F50 operations for Taurick Tours. -MCO will operate those services
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]
Flown: 1900D,S340,Q300,AT72-5/6,DC3,CR2/7,E145,E70/75/90,A319/20/21,A332/3,A359,A380,F100,B717,B733/4/8/9,B742/4,B752/3,B763,B772/3, B789

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:21 pm

NZ's next 787-9 up for delivery is LN919, leased by AerCap, probably be delivered in Q4

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... dit#gid=19
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:35 pm

First A320neo for Air New Zealand ZK-NHA at XFW

https://twitter.com/Tobias_Gudat/status ... 5248104448
Forum Moderator

zkeoj

Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:46 pm

777ER wrote:
NZ321 wrote:

I still think it is worth it - especially when you get it at a low'ish fare like I did - it is just not as good as NZ or LH... I'd take it any time over standard Y!

Megatop747-412

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:05 pm

zkeoj wrote:
777ER wrote:
NZ321 wrote:

I still think it is worth it - especially when you get it at a low'ish fare like I did - it is just not as good as NZ or LH... I'd take it any time over standard Y!

I've only flown PE on NZ - once on the 77E and 2x on the 789, in all cases we got it as an Elite Upgrade. Having only tried NZ's PE, I can't compare it with other airlines' offering but I must say NZ's PE offering is very good - seat is comfy - width is not so much of a concern to us but rather the legroom and also the seat recline matters more. Besides, on our recent TPE-AKL-TPE flights we both got seats 23D & E, which is the bulkhead row so we have extra legroom.

I have seen some pretty good fares on PE on SQ AKL-SIN vv (was much lower than NZ's PE), so am tempted to give it a try. I guess it really pay to "shop around"...

Megatop747-412

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:07 pm

qf789 wrote:

Any ideas what the seat map / config will be like for the A320NEOs? Will it be the same as the existing A320CEO fleet? I understand it may have different seats with PTV and WiFi etc, but just wondering how may seats will NZ fit onto the A320NEOs...?

Megatop747-412

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:19 pm

Hi everyone:

It seemed that last night's NZ78 TPE-AKL flight, operated by ZK-NZE, was diverted to GUM. According to FR24, the flight went past GUM but turned around almost mid point between GUM and Papua New Guinea. This was the original NZ78 track:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flig ... 8#1f22ed89

The flight is now on the way to AKL as NZ78D, ETA around 15:06:

https://www.flightradar24.com/ANZ78D/1f2404b9

Anyone knows the reason for the diversion? Another medical emergency..?

Thanks.

ZK-NBT

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:20 am

Megatop747-412 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Any ideas what the seat map / config will be like for the A320NEOs? Will it be the same as the existing A320CEO fleet? I understand it may have different seats with PTV and WiFi etc, but just wondering how may seats will NZ fit onto the A320NEOs...?

165 seats. Not to sure on type of seats.

Megatop747-412 wrote:
Hi everyone:

It seemed that last night's NZ78 TPE-AKL flight, operated by ZK-NZE, was diverted to GUM. According to FR24, the flight went past GUM but turned around almost mid point between GUM and Papua New Guinea. This was the original NZ78 track:

Thanks.

Medical I believe.

Megatop747-412

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:12 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
Megatop747-412 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Megatop747-412 wrote:
Hi everyone:

Thanks.

Medical I believe.

Thanks for both your responses above. Re NZ78, I did think it was medical too. I've noted the plane seemed to have made a further stop at SYD, and it now showing a SYD-AKL (ferry) flight as NZ6004. ETD SYD is 18:35. Hope the pax is OK, if the diversion was indeed medical.

zkncj

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:32 am

777ER wrote:
AviatorNZ wrote:

Air Chathams are taking over the Alliance Airways F50 operations for Taurick Tours. -MCO will operate those services

An ATR 72-500 could enable there AKL-NLK service to happen too......

nz2

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:58 am

qf789 wrote:

Wow, the slight elevation of the nose further accentuates the DC-3 look of the 320, the bulbous nose and for some reason to me from a distance, the NZ livery make the fusalage tail look like it is drooping, ala tail drager

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:20 am

Yesterday's CX198 AKL-HKG operated by 77W B-KQR suffered a bird strike on departure and returned to AKL

https://newsie.co.nz/news/135729-flight ... trike.html

https://twitter.com/JacdecNew/status/10 ... 2124912640
Forum Moderator

Zkpilot

Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:02 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
Megatop747-412 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

165 if correct is 3 less than the current A320Rs have (and 6 less than the A320D) which does seem a bit strange.
64 types. 45 countries. 24 airlines.

a7ala

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:26 am

Latest BITRE numbers are out for the month of Oct. Good to see SQ MEL-WLG looking pretty strong for the month load-wise with LF=87%.

One of the interesting things to come out of BITRE post the EK Tasman reductions is that the SYD-CHC A380 service loads are now public. They look pretty light with May=51%, June=49%, July=62%, August=49%, September=54%, October=73%. I wonder how much EK are losing bringing such a big aircraft across, and whether there was any pressure on the service when they decided to cut DXB-BKK-SYD and one daily DXB-PER? Maybe they need to resort to a smaller aircraft again into CHC?

zkncj

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:47 am

Zkpilot wrote:
165 if correct is 3 less than the current A320Rs have (and 6 less than the A320D) which does seem a bit strange.

Probably means they are going with an bulkhead at 1ABC (like they have with the A321N) unlike the 320D/R which have no bulkhead at 1ABC.

With the A320NEO's mainly being for the non-ex AKL routes the higher seat count probably isn't required.

ZaphodHarkonnen

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:07 am

a7ala wrote:
Latest BITRE numbers are out for the month of Oct. Good to see SQ MEL-WLG looking pretty strong for the month load-wise with LF=87%.

One of the interesting things to come out of BITRE post the EK Tasman reductions is that the SYD-CHC A380 service loads are now public. They look pretty light with May=51%, June=49%, July=62%, August=49%, September=54%, October=73%. I wonder how much EK are losing bringing such a big aircraft across, and whether there was any pressure on the service when they decided to cut DXB-BKK-SYD and one daily DXB-PER? Maybe they need to resort to a smaller aircraft again into CHC?

Now I really want to see what the results of the A359 testing in WLG were. Come on SQ, throw us av-fans a bone! :(

Zkpilot

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:33 am

zkncj wrote:
Zkpilot wrote:

Probably means they are going with an bulkhead at 1ABC (like they have with the A321N) unlike the 320D/R which have no bulkhead at 1ABC.

With the A320NEO's mainly being for the non-ex AKL routes the higher seat count probably isn't required.

Yes either that or perhaps they don’t count the 3 seats in 28DEF which are usually blocked off.
64 types. 45 countries. 24 airlines.

777ER
Head Moderator

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:35 am

ZK-MCO is painted in Air Chathams full livery now.

An Alliance F70 operated BNE-WLG today for the final of Tauck Tours sectors
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]

NZ321

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:37 am

I didn't know Air Chathams was getting ATR72. Is it just one aircraft or more to follow?
Plane mad!

777ER
Head Moderator

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:11 am

NZ321 wrote:
I didn't know Air Chathams was getting ATR72. Is it just one aircraft or more to follow?

Air Chats are taking over the Alliance contract for Tauck Tours with the ATR operating the services.

Further ATRs are a real possibility IMHO as a CV580 replacement. The options for future Chatham Islands services are between B737s and ATRs according to reports I've seen
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]

PA515

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:40 am

Former Air NZ A320 ZK-OJG as NZ6002 TSV-AKL 1311/2050 today (15 Jan) after repaint. Still registered to Air NZ.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/zk-ojg

PA515

777ER
Head Moderator

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:33 pm

PA515 wrote:
Former Air NZ A320 ZK-OJG as NZ6002 TSV-AKL 1311/2050 today (15 Jan) after repaint. Still registered to Air NZ.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/zk-ojg

PA515

Could this be a domestic aircraft now?
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]

PA515

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:11 pm

777ER wrote:
Could this be a domestic aircraft now?

I don't think so. There would be no need for a repaint. Perhaps some work is being done in AKL before it departs to the new operator.

ZK-OJC (msn 2112) is listed on MyAirTrade available 01 Jul 2019.

https://www.myairtrade.com/available/A320 -- says it's a 2001 aircraft, but it's a 2003.

PA515