• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 13
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:01 pm

idp5601 wrote:
I wouldn't entirely write off the 779 as well, to be honest. If I recall correctly, PR had good loads (both pax and cargo) on their 744 on US West Coast routes

It's not writing off the 779...it's finding the best fit for PR. Boeing themselves had said that the age of the VLA is over and point-to-point flying is now the "thing". Indeed, the trend with airlines nowadays is to downgauge their long-haul aircraft orders, as indicated by news on aviation media.


idp5601 wrote:
and since the 779 is supposedly much more efficient than the 744 and is currently the closest in terms of capacity to said plane that is also practical for PAL

Except that PR now finds the need to reduce their seat capacity to JFK, LHR and YYZ from the 77W. Doubtless their U.S. West Coast hubs will continue to require more capacity than the others but (taking the slot limits at MNL into consideration) that could be addressed by judicious addition of frequency in combination with the A359s. And during the peak season is when a 778 will show its true value and versatility as it could be easily cycled into the nonstop ULH routes while the A359 is sent to augment capacity elsewhere.


idp5601 wrote:
it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility for them to purchase it in the near future.

True...but things going against this are the space constraints at NAIA and the lack of a proper gate where it could dock without its tail end encumbering required clearances...and most importantly, its $388.7M list price..... :shock: .....

https://screenshots.firefox.com/OhUTC38 ... boeing.com


idp5601 wrote:
That being said, I believe PR will ultimately end up with the A35K, unless Boeing cuts them an outrageously good offer.

Maybe that's why an Airbus executive is talking up the Philippine aviation scene?..... :scratchchin: .....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... estination
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
Yeetus787
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:39 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:04 am

While they'd likely end up with the 777x since their older 777s are reaching their retirement, and that it would be easier to transfer the crew to 777x, It's also very likely that they might end up with the A35K since Airbus seems to appeal to the Philippines more than Boeing for some reason (I love both though :D).
 
SkyHigher
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:23 pm

Devilfish wrote:
Perhaps after MNL gets its new premier international gateway in Bulakan :?: ..... :cheerful:

Image
https://simpleflying.com/wp-content/upl ... ll-169.jpg


It's better if the deliveries occur once the SMC Bulacan Airport and/or SGL, whichever PAL wants to operate replacing MNL (if it is scheduled to close) are complete 5-10 years from now.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:40 pm

Yeetus787 wrote:
While they'd likely end up with the 777x since their older 777s are reaching their retirement, and that it would be easier to transfer the crew to 777x, It's also very likely that they might end up with the A35K since Airbus seems to appeal to the Philippines more than Boeing for some reason (I love both though :D).

Leeham's comments on the 779 refer. PR's 77Ws are relatively young...what might happen is they could let the leases of their oldest, modestly outfitted and higher lease-cost frames lapse...and replace those with the 778 (or A35K for that matter). PR could also renegotiate the existing lease terms. With these said, CAPA's observations are well worth heeding.....

https://business.inquirer.net/264578/ex ... a-alliance

Quote:
"However, the entry of ANA could prompt PAL to slow down its rapid international expansion. Sobie noted that PAL’s operations to Australasia, the Middle East and North America have been losing money over the past two years.

He said with ANA onboard, PAL could focus on 'consolidating its position in the international market and improving profitability.'

'With relatively conservative ANA on board as a new investor, a focus on profitability and rational growth is likely,' he said. PAL has been in the red since 2017, however, the airline is expecting better prospects this year as jet fuel prices ease, Bautista said last Jan. 8."



This could be PAL's own project "Sunriser" version. :biggrin:



SkyHigher wrote:
It's better if the deliveries occur once the SMC Bulacan Airport and/or SGL, whichever PAL wants to operate replacing MNL (if it is scheduled to close) are complete 5-10 years from now.

The delivery timeline would jive with their current aircraft lease periods...but I don't think the public is well convinced that MNL would have a fully and smoothly functioning replacement international gateway in ten years...let alone that the project could be completed in six years. What with the opposition to the reclamation for its location.....

https://www.philstar.com/opinion/2019/0 ... mes-expert

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... t-proposal



And now for the uncomfortable question...where did my reply to post #100 go :?: For some reason, it disappeared with the switch over to this page, and briefly resurfaced as I began typing this post. Now it's gone again. What gives :confused: Though I can reconstruct most of it, I wouldn't want to think there're some tricks afoot. :roll:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
 
airlineaddict
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:37 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:56 am

Yeetus787 wrote:


The timing of the HND-MNL and return flight is very interesting. They are basically leaving a 738 on the ground in MNL for 19 hours.

Is any maintenance completed in MNL for JL?
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:50 pm

Any photos of pal's other A321neo? I wonder how their recliner seats may look like.i'm still wishing, they could just stay with the lie flat seats for all their A321neos,as singapore rolled out their regional product, with all-lie flat business class.
 
PR77W
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:19 pm

Devilfish wrote:
Yeetus787 wrote:
While they'd likely end up with the 777x since their older 777s are reaching their retirement, and that it would be easier to transfer the crew to 777x, It's also very likely that they might end up with the A35K since Airbus seems to appeal to the Philippines more than Boeing for some reason (I love both though :D).

Leeham's comments on the 779 refer. PR's 77Ws are relatively young...what might happen is they could let the leases of their oldest, modestly outfitted and higher lease-cost frames lapse...and replace those with the 778 (or A35K for that matter). PR could also renegotiate the existing lease terms. With these said, CAPA's observations are well worth heeding.....

https://business.inquirer.net/264578/ex ... a-alliance

Quote:
"However, the entry of ANA could prompt PAL to slow down its rapid international expansion. Sobie noted that PAL’s operations to Australasia, the Middle East and North America have been losing money over the past two years.

He said with ANA onboard, PAL could focus on 'consolidating its position in the international market and improving profitability.'

'With relatively conservative ANA on board as a new investor, a focus on profitability and rational growth is likely,' he said. PAL has been in the red since 2017, however, the airline is expecting better prospects this year as jet fuel prices ease, Bautista said last Jan. 8."



This could be PAL's own project "Sunriser" version. :biggrin:

Something from the article that interest me:

“PAL would be better to focus on the local market and hold off on international hub aspirations until infrastructure constraints at Manila are eased – and until it is able to offer a transit service on par with other Asian hubs, including ANA’s at Tokyo Narita,”

I'm curious if NH will influence PAL on there domestic strategy as most are operated by GAP. While PAL and GAP have been harmonizing the Passenger experience it can still be a hit or miss at times. Additionally GAP A320 fleet aren't consistent with PAL cabin interiors with half in a duel-class layout that is similar to PAL and the other half in an all-economy layout still with the Airphilexpress interiors. it would be best to retrofit or re-upholster the seats on the A320 and try to match that with there existing A321 or refurbished both with the interior of the A321neo.
 
KL808
Posts: 1538
Joined: Thu May 20, 1999 3:49 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:43 pm

Does anyone know why there is a PR 77W at LAX now for the last 2 days. It has been parked in the remote stand next to Aviation Blvd at the beginning of Runway 25R.

I believe its RP-C7774, but not sure couldn't read the last digit clearly.
AMS-LAX-MNL
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:42 pm

KL808 wrote:
Does anyone know why there is a PR 77W at LAX now for the last 2 days. It has been parked in the remote stand next to Aviation Blvd at the beginning of Runway 25R.

The answer is in post #19 of this thread..... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1414545
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
LurveBus
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:21 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:06 pm

KL808 wrote:
Does anyone know why there is a PR 77W at LAX now for the last 2 days. It has been parked in the remote stand next to Aviation Blvd at the beginning of Runway 25R.

I believe its RP-C7774, but not sure couldn't read the last digit clearly.


Struck by lighting. Wing damaged.
 
PR77W
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:04 am

SleeplessInZh wrote:
Any photos of pal's other A321neo? I wonder how their recliner seats may look like.i'm still wishing, they could just stay with the lie flat seats for all their A321neos,as singapore rolled out their regional product, with all-lie flat business class.


So far none no photo or illustrations of PAL A321neo (ACF) have been published. While I agree they should installed lie-flat seats like the first batch of A321neo for consistency. However considering the second batch will be mostly used on regional flights. I don't think passenger in J will sleep on a day time flights unless they are connecting from a long-haul flight or the flight is a redeye. Additionally lie-flat seat are heavy and can take up space reducing the number of economy seats so the economic are not that justifiable.
 
PapaLimaSierra
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:14 am

KL808 wrote:
Does anyone know why there is a PR 77W at LAX now for the last 2 days. It has been parked in the remote stand next to Aviation Blvd at the beginning of Runway 25R.

I believe its RP-C7774, but not sure couldn't read the last digit clearly.


It was 7772 that was struck by lightning. 7776 is in Xiamen for checks.
 
PR77W
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:53 am

PapaLimaSierra wrote:
KL808 wrote:
Does anyone know why there is a PR 77W at LAX now for the last 2 days. It has been parked in the remote stand next to Aviation Blvd at the beginning of Runway 25R.

I believe its RP-C7774, but not sure couldn't read the last digit clearly.


It was 7772 that was struck by lightning. 7776 is in Xiamen for checks.


I believe 7776 cabin is also being refurbished. Not sure if it will recived the Vantage XL or the AURA seats (similar to 7778 through 7782) in J or even be fitted with Premium Economy?
 
LurveBus
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:21 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:00 am

PR77W wrote:
SleeplessInZh wrote:
Any photos of pal's other A321neo? I wonder how their recliner seats may look like.i'm still wishing, they could just stay with the lie flat seats for all their A321neos,as singapore rolled out their regional product, with all-lie flat business class.


So far none no photo or illustrations of PAL A321neo (ACF) have been published. While I agree they should installed lie-flat seats like the first batch of A321neo for consistency. However considering the second batch will be mostly used on regional flights. I don't think passenger in J will sleep on a day time flights unless they are connecting from a long-haul flight or the flight is a redeye. Additionally lie-flat seat are heavy and can take up space reducing the number of economy seats so the economic are not that justifiable.


It would be cool if this concept managed to get certified https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2017/05/0 ... /#comments

It would make a great flexible seat. If the flight is under 3 hours, it could be a high-density J product. Any longer, and it has a flatbed option.
 
PR77W
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:08 am

LurveBus wrote:
PR77W wrote:
SleeplessInZh wrote:
Any photos of pal's other A321neo? I wonder how their recliner seats may look like.i'm still wishing, they could just stay with the lie flat seats for all their A321neos,as singapore rolled out their regional product, with all-lie flat business class.


So far none no photo or illustrations of PAL A321neo (ACF) have been published. While I agree they should installed lie-flat seats like the first batch of A321neo for consistency. However considering the second batch will be mostly used on regional flights. I don't think passenger in J will sleep on a day time flights unless they are connecting from a long-haul flight or the flight is a redeye. Additionally lie-flat seat are heavy and can take up space reducing the number of economy seats so the economic are not that justifiable.


It would be cool if this concept managed to get certified https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2017/05/0 ... /#comments

It would make a great flexible seat. If the flight is under 3 hours, it could be a high-density J product. Any longer, and it has a flatbed option.


My personal favorite for PAL A321neo (ACF).

https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2017/04/0 ... -recliner/

Just out of curiosity if PAL those refurbished there Bi-class A333 and replace the Equinox 3D with the Vantage XL. Can they return those seats in exchange for the Celeste or they have to order from Stelia Aerospace?

FYI Stelia Aerospace is a subsidiary of Airbus.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:23 pm

As I said in #58, ANA could be the only strategic investor in PAL.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... -a-455620/

Quote:
"Philippine Airlines will not seek out any more strategic investors to take up stakes in the carrier after it sealed a deal for All Nippon Airways parent company ANA Holdings to take a 9.5% stake.

Speaking to FlightGlobal in Tokyo, PAL president and chief operating officer Jaime Bautista says that it will now look into securing more financial backing."




Another interesting point is the decision not to send PR's North America flights via Tokyo.....

Quote:
"Bautista stressed that PAL will not rely on sending passengers to North America via ANA's Tokyo hub, and instead boost nonstop frequencies to its destinations in Canada and the United States.

'We fly non-stop to all these major cities in the US and Canada. The intention is to continue flying the non-stop flights from Manila, and will not pass through Tokyo,' adds Bautista."



I wonder if that will hold true with 'possible' future services to secondary destinations? :scratchchin:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:43 pm

CRK O&M contract is finalized.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... -finalized


Accordingly, allow me to reword my earlier suggestion to construct the conceptual terminal in #86 at NAIA...and assert that with a few major modifications it could be built on the PVH/Nayong Pilipino site via the Hybrid PPP scheme...expedited by stronger political will, public support, and a lot less subservience to entrenched interests. :yes:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
fusionliner
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:03 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:25 pm

Devilfish wrote:
CRK O&M contract is finalized.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... -finalized


Accordingly, allow me to reword my earlier suggestion to construct the conceptual terminal in #86 at NAIA...and assert that with a few major modifications it could be built on the PVH/Nayong Pilipino site via the Hybrid PPP scheme...expedited by stronger political will, public support, and a lot less subservience to entrenched interests. :yes:


I'm a bit confused about what you're proposing? NAIA Consortium has already won OPS (Original Proponent Status) and save for a Swiss Challenge in Q1/Q2 2019 and final NEDA approval, They will be the ones acquiring the O&M contract and redeveloping NAIA starting in Fall 2019. https://business.inquirer.net/262747/work-on-naia-upgrade-to-start-sept-next-year

Anyways a piecemeal hybrid PPP for one terminal isn't the solution. A holistic design & plan of the whole facility is really what's needed. privatizing the O&M will ensure there is a customer-centric focus moving forward that drives profit, satisfaction and hopefully a better airport experience for all stakeholders.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:11 pm

fusionliner wrote:
I'm a bit confused about what you're proposing? NAIA Consortium has already won OPS (Original Proponent Status) and save for a Swiss Challenge in Q1/Q2 2019 and final NEDA approval, They will be the ones acquiring the O&M contract and redeveloping NAIA starting in Fall 2019.

Precisely...nothing is final yet. Recall that in previous releases it was stressed that no new terminal would be built. I wonder how that will bring immediate relief to the acute terminal capacity problem at NAIA?


fusionliner wrote:
Anyways a piecemeal hybrid PPP for one terminal isn't the solution. A holistic design & plan of the whole facility is really what's needed. privatizing the O&M will ensure there is a customer-centric focus moving forward that drives profit, satisfaction and hopefully a better airport experience for all stakeholders.

They are doing it at CRK...no reason it cannot be done in MNL. The revised proposal already covers the more basic, general requirements...the private O&M shall see to it that the upgrades produce the desired results...not hope that those translate into a better airport experience. That is more like a proponent-focused approach.



Timely news.....

https://www.philstar.com/nation/2019/02 ... l-advisory

Quote:
"MANILA, Philippines — The United Kingdom (UK) has removed south Cebu from its list of areas to be avoided by its citizens when travelling to the Philippines due to terror threats.

'The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) no longer advises against all but essential travel to south Cebu,' the UK embassy in Manila said in a Twitter post yesterday."


source: @parano2d
Image
https://instagram.fdmm2-3.fna.fbcdn.net ... .fbcdn.net

source: @MCIAA
Image
https://scontent.fruh4-3.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5CFC17FF

images posted on SkyscraperCity by @diehardbisdak


Wouldn't do to have Routes Asia 2019 in Cebu with that negative travel advisory in force. :talktothehand:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
Akiestar
Posts: 950
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 6:51 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:00 pm

I took a look at the upcoming PR summer timetable and it looks like there's been a few changes in the reintroduced MNL-DEL service:

* Flights now resume April 16, 2019, as opposed to March 31.
* Flights were reduced to thrice weekly (from four times weekly)
* Scheduled times were adjusted to better connect to the rest of the PR network. Previously, MNL-DEL/DEL-MNL had morning/afternoon departures; now they have evening/overnight departures instead. Compare the original schedule to the new one.

Looks like PR is targeting India-U.S. passengers after all. :O
 
fusionliner
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:03 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:09 pm

Devilfish wrote:
Precisely...nothing is final yet. Recall that in previous releases it was stressed that no new terminal would be built. I wonder how that will bring immediate relief to the acute terminal capacity problem at NAIA?


Where did you see this? To my recollection, only the Manila Bay runway/terminal got axed. Part of the revised deal sees them only maximizing the NAIA complex with additional terminal space and a people mover. unless you know something else, it does say from this article,


The consortium is seeking to rehabilitate, upgrade, expand, operate and maintain NAIA over a 15-year period. It aims to boost NAIA’s capacity from the current 30.5 million annual passengers to 47 million in two years and 65 million in four years.

https://www.bworldonline.com/naia-consortiums-p102-b-proposal-gains-ground/


Based on my impression, in order to achieve that, they will be following this initial massing scale,
Image



Devilfish wrote:
They are doing it at CRK...no reason it cannot be done in MNL. The revised proposal already covers the more basic, general requirements...the private O&M shall see to it that the upgrades produce the desired results...not hope that those translate into a better airport experience. That is more like a proponent-focused approach.


But the O&M covers all existing terminals not just the new build.



The contract means the NLAC will be responsible for the development of Clark International as the major gateway to improve connectivity between Central and North Luzon, the rest of the Philippines, and the world.

It will also oversee the operations and maintenance of the existing and new terminal, which is scheduled to become operational by 2021.


https://www.airport-technology.com/news/north-luzon-airport-clark-airport/



The government has financed the new terminal, but now that they bid out the O&M, North Luzon Airport Corp. will carry more of the financial burden for expansion. From a business point of view, I would hope if I signed a 25 year contract to manage an airport, I would also be managing all future terminal builds. Considering the present government has only started to fix the mess of previous DOTC secretary Jun Abaya's strategy of bidding project components seperately (LRT-2 Extension for example) I seriously doubt the contract doesn't cover the entire O&M of the airport. .

What I meant about improving the airport experience is exactly what you said, hoping the upgrades produce the desired results. But business has more of a responsibility to improve and offer a better airport experience if It has the data to tell them it can make more money. There are many reasons why corporations are investing in digital transformation initatives and user experience. It's because data driven, human-centred products and experiences can ultimately help find new revenue streams and create renewed brand loyalty and equity.
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:12 pm

Is Pan Pacific the future rival of PAL?^^ is that a full service carrier?neither cabin photos or videos are available online.not much going on.it would be pleasing,if they change their livery,its like the old livery of pal.
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:38 pm

GlobaltravelerTV is looking out for german to english translators.
Unfortunetly my english is so bad!
The review on Philippine Airlines A350 can also be in german to tagalog,that would be a premiere for viewers.for the people that talk german to english or tagalog=> send email to globaltravelerTv.com
 
User avatar
idp5601
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:09 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:41 am

SleeplessInZh wrote:
Is Pan Pacific the future rival of PAL?^^ is that a full service carrier?neither cabin photos or videos are available online.not much going on.it would be pleasing,if they change their livery,its like the old livery of pal.


Considering that their main target seems to be Koreans, highly doubt so.
 
User avatar
idp5601
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:09 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:43 am

Devilfish wrote:
Wouldn't do to have Routes Asia 2019 in Cebu with that negative travel advisory in force. :talktothehand:


The travel advisory has now been lifted.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:19 pm

fusionliner wrote:
Where did you see this? To my recollection, only the Manila Bay runway/terminal got axed. Part of the revised deal sees them only maximizing the NAIA complex with additional terminal space and a people mover.

It had to do with the drastic scope reduction for the project. "Additional terminal space" does not necessarily equate to a new passenger terminal building.....

https://businessmirror.com.ph/2018/06/2 ... uncertain/

Quote:
"In the Naia, whether it will be the seven taipans or the government, we will finish the improvements and renovation there." Tugade said, though, that the government work on the Naia will be more on the "improvement of facilities in terminals 1, 2, 3, and 4." Not a new terminal. Not a new runway.


fusionliner wrote:
Based on my impression, in order to achieve that, they will be following this initial massing scale,

That may no longer be part of the scope of the revised proposal, given the big downward adjustment in cost. Hence my comment above about "a few major modifications" to adapt the conceptual design to the PVH/Nayong Pilipino site.


fusionliner wrote:
But the O&M covers all existing terminals not just the new build.

And nowhere did I say that the "conceptual terminal" which the Government could build at NAIA wouldn't be covered by an amendment to the O&M contract. Indeed the concessionaire should benefit from any added scope brought about by a change to his contract.


fusionliner wrote:
The government has financed the new terminal, but now that they bid out the O&M, North Luzon Airport Corp. will carry more of the financial burden for expansion. From a business point of view, I would hope if I signed a 25 year contract to manage an airport, I would also be managing all future terminal builds.

I doubt the concessionaire would carry out any further expansion without being compensated for it, unless it was expressly specified in their contract. The Government had purposely separated the Clark construction contract from the O&M contract (purportedly) to prevent a monopoly for the project.


fusionliner wrote:
But business has more of a responsibility to improve and offer a better airport experience if It has the data to tell them it can make more money.

The incentive has to come from the proponent's due diligence work on the project. You could hope to get future O&Ms, but it is not guaranteed.



idp5601 wrote:
The travel advisory has now been lifted.

Wasn't it clear in the last part of my linked quote?
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
SkyHigher
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:44 am

PAL is now eyeing to revive its flights to/from BGO after almost 2 decades. At least from SGL or MNL would be good or even from VisMin, depending on the commercial viability.

https://business.inquirer.net/264863/pa ... z5fCpP6Rgl
“According to CAAP (Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines), which was present during our meeting [last Thursday] at the Loakan Airport, the airport needs improvements for safety purposes, which we saw and agreed,” Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto M. Pernia told the Inquirer on Friday.

While the Baguio airport needs to be modernized, “in its present condition it can handle a flight a day (Fokker planes) so that the improvements can be done,” said Pernia, who heads the state planning agency National Economic and Development Authority (Neda).

According to Pernia, “PAL is willing” to launch flights at Loakan Airport “with CAAP’s green-light.”
 
The777Man
Posts: 6074
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 1999 4:54 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:00 am

SkyHigher wrote:
PAL is now eyeing to revive its flights to/from BGO after almost 2 decades. At least from SGL or MNL would be good or even from VisMin, depending on the commercial viability.

https://business.inquirer.net/264863/pa ... z5fCpP6Rgl
“According to CAAP (Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines), which was present during our meeting [last Thursday] at the Loakan Airport, the airport needs improvements for safety purposes, which we saw and agreed,” Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto M. Pernia told the Inquirer on Friday.

While the Baguio airport needs to be modernized, “in its present condition it can handle a flight a day (Fokker planes) so that the improvements can be done,” said Pernia, who heads the state planning agency National Economic and Development Authority (Neda).

According to Pernia, “PAL is willing” to launch flights at Loakan Airport “with CAAP’s green-light.”


It looks like they may revive flights to BAG (Baguio but certainly not to BGO (Bergen, Norway).

The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777
 
SkyHigher
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:38 am

The777Man wrote:
SkyHigher wrote:
PAL is now eyeing to revive its flights to/from BGO after almost 2 decades. At least from SGL or MNL would be good or even from VisMin, depending on the commercial viability.

https://business.inquirer.net/264863/pa ... z5fCpP6Rgl
“According to CAAP (Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines), which was present during our meeting [last Thursday] at the Loakan Airport, the airport needs improvements for safety purposes, which we saw and agreed,” Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto M. Pernia told the Inquirer on Friday.

While the Baguio airport needs to be modernized, “in its present condition it can handle a flight a day (Fokker planes) so that the improvements can be done,” said Pernia, who heads the state planning agency National Economic and Development Authority (Neda).

According to Pernia, “PAL is willing” to launch flights at Loakan Airport “with CAAP’s green-light.”


It looks like they may revive flights to BAG (Baguio but certainly not to BGO (Bergen, Norway).

The777Man


Yup, I stand corrected. I really forgot the IATA code of Loakan, lol.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:56 pm

SkyHigher wrote:
PAL is now eyeing to revive its flights to/from BGO after almost 2 decades. At least from SGL or MNL would be good or even from VisMin, depending on the commercial viability.

With PAL aiming to transfer its turboprop operations to SGL, chances are the flights would be launched from there. I find this part amusing..... :smile: .....

Quote:
While the Baguio airport needs to be modernized, “in its present condition it can handle a flight a day (Fokker planes) so that the improvements can be done,” said Pernia, who heads the state planning agency National Economic and Development Authority (Neda).


When did PAL last have operational Fokker planes?


Most likely, the service will be operated by their existing Q300s...or if the load factors are great and the runway is long enough, Q400NGs. I miss the YS-11s.... :airplane:



ANA outlines its plans for its partnership with PAL.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... ti-455628/

Quote:
Similarly, ANA president and chief executive Yuji Hirako stressed that the two airlines aim to establish a "very firm, solid, and robust bilateral relationship" before there could be any discussions of PAL joining ANA in the Star Alliance.

Bautista indicated that PAL is still taking a broad view on which of the global alliances it could look to join.



Related article here.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... rt-455657/
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:21 pm

ANA will never give PAL B787 or the A359/35k for free.ANA would not even refurbish PALs other A330s. for some people thinking about this..LOL, they won't!the refurbishments will only come from the money lucio tan/passengers.
ANA will not spend billions or even millions for new aircrafts for PAL!!
Delussional thinking!
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:57 pm

To continue on PR's efforts at seeking more financial backing in #115.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... ering-year

Quote:
In the long run, Tan said PAL may not have a choice but to do an offering because its minimum public float may fall below 10 percent especially if ANA increases its stake in the company.

“If the public float of PAL decreases to below 10 percent as required by the Securities and Exchange Commission, they would really have to do a re-IPO (initial public offering) of PAL shares to comply with the minimum public float requirement,” Tan said.

In industry parlance, a re-IPO is technically a follow-on offering on an already listed stock. However, given the low free float and low trading liquidity, a listed firm can opt to market the share offering as a re-IPO.

The objectives in doing a re-IPO are usually to increase investor interest in a stock by increasing liquidity and to raise capital.


:dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign:



Going back to Routes Asia 2019...in seeming contradiction to the goals set by PAL's partnership with ANA, the DoT is eyeing more international routes to/from the country.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... air-routes
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
PR77W
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:32 am

If I recall isn't PAL Q300 already retired?
Although its possible that they can re-activated from storage if they are still airworthy and not scrapped like one of the older Q400.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:21 am

PR77W wrote:
If I recall isn't PAL Q300 already retired?
Although its possible that they can re-activated from storage if they are still airworthy and not scrapped like one of the older Q400.

The Q300 is still included in PAL Express' active aircraft list.....

https://www.philippineairlines.com/Trav ... ALAircraft

However, the A340 is also still on the roster even though PAL had accelerated its withdrawal from service. :scratchchin:



Flightglobal now has a lengthy analysis on the ANA/PAL deal.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... et-455654/



This as 5J envisions CRK as its base for further expansion to Japan.....

https://businessmirror.com.ph/2019/02/1 ... -to-japan/
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:53 pm

https://www.google.ch/amp/s/amp.handels ... 96756.html

(German) Top 15 unsafe airlines: Garuda Indonesia is again awarded as least safe airline by JACDEC in the world ranked at 100.congrats!
Rank 95 is Cebu Pacific, one of the least safe airlines.
Philippine Airlines is out of the list.
 
User avatar
idp5601
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:09 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:09 am

Devilfish wrote:
idp5601 wrote:
The travel advisory has now been lifted.

Wasn't it clear in the last part of my linked quote?


Oh shoot, totally missed that. Sorry!
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:06 pm

idp5601 wrote:
Oh shoot, totally missed that. Sorry!

No worry. :smile:



The philippineairspace.blogspot.com has a "not so cryptic" post on its page right now.....

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... words.html


Is this what PR meant by "more favorable terms" in procurement...I thought the partnership was going to curb "big capex" moves :?:

The tribulations at Airbus must have been a factor in it. Anyway, I hope they could hold off until the RR Ultrafan is ready. :goodvibes:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
LurveBus
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:21 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:46 pm

Devilfish wrote:
idp5601 wrote:
Oh shoot, totally missed that. Sorry!

No worry. :smile:



The philippineairspace.blogspot.com has a "not so cryptic" post on its page right now.....

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... words.html


Is this what PR meant by "more favorable terms" in procurement...I thought the partnership was going to curb "big capex" moves :?:

The tribulations at Airbus must have been a factor in it. Anyway, I hope they could hold off until the RR Ultrafan is ready. :goodvibes:


Exercising options for six aircraft is pretty conservative as far as capex goes. Even if those six aircraft are widebodies.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:52 am

LurveBus wrote:
Exercising options for six aircraft is pretty conservative as far as capex goes. Even if those six aircraft are widebodies.

True. But I didn't expect PR to jump to the next bigger size just yet, as the blog seemed to suggest considering their 77Ws are quite young. Perhaps the frame which was struck by lightning has more serious damage and another could be due for a major refurbishment as posters kept complaining about :?: I know that's stretching it out, but thought PR might let their leases expire rather than wait for the next expensive checks, and pick up a couple of A35Ks becoming available, for starters.

In any case (to continue on this merry fantasy ride) both could be just in time for the initial opening of SMC's new MNL International Gateway project in Bulakan :!: ..... :cheerful: .....

https://business.inquirer.net/265074/do ... -challenge

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... -3-4-years
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
PR77W
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:41 am

Update 7772 is now back at MNL it arrived last Feb 14. Since it managed to cross the pacific ocean means that its damaged is likely repairable. Although I agree that PAL will likely let there leases expired then keeping them for say a further 20 or 15 years. Additionally 7776 is now in revenue service again and is currently flying to YVR as PR116. Quite curious if they did update cabin interior and repaced the old recaro J seats with the Zodiac AURA?
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:39 pm

PR77W wrote:
Update 7772 is now back at MNL it arrived last Feb 14. Since it managed to cross the pacific ocean means that its damaged is likely repairable. Although I agree that PAL will likely let there leases expired then keeping them for say a further 20 or 15 years.

They must have run up a substantial repair and parking bill at LAX...I wonder if PR's "act of God" insurance clause covers those. :scratchchin:

PR77W wrote:
Additionally 7776 is now in revenue service again and is currently flying to YVR as PR116. Quite curious if they did update cabin interior and repaced the old recaro J seats with the Zodiac AURA?

My last ride on it was in 2015...agree that the interior may need a bit of sprucing up.


It appears our discussion above about Government guarantees was quite timely.....

https://business.inquirer.net/265241/do ... b-proposal

Quote:
Up for discussions this week are provisions in Naia’s Consortium’s offer that the DOTr deemed to be government guarantees, which the department insisted would not be allowed for unsolicited offers, said Reuben Reinoso, transportation undersecretary for planning.

“There are certain conditions they need to comply with,” Reinoso said in a recent interview.

“There are provisions appearing to be government guarantees [but Naia Consortium] argued these were not guarantees and it was important for the bankability [of the project]. So we are still negotiating with them,” he added.

Reinoso did not specify what these guarantees were but in previous interviews, he had said the DOTr was taking a closer look at the proposed terminal fee structure in Naia Consortium’s offer.




Meanwhile, the MIAA is expecting completion of the upgrades at NAIA Terminal 2.....

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1087234/m ... march-2020


There are two photos with the Tagalog version of this article showing the progress of work at T2 but both do not appear here. :confused:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:20 pm

P.S.: Found one online..... :camera: .....

Image
https://www.mintfo.com/wp-content/uploa ... 2688_n.jpg


Now...searching for the other..... :eyepopping: .....
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:42 am

https://youtu.be/hJ-wRkwEsYY

Pals A350 Lovebus.when will she arrive in manila?
 
Philippine747
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:49 am

SleeplessInZh wrote:
https://youtu.be/hJ-wRkwEsYY

Pals A350 Lovebus.when will she arrive in manila?


Currently on its way to Manila, its been tracked intermittently on FR24.
A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 AT75 AT76 B732 B733 B738 B744 B752(M) B763 B772 B77W DHC7 DH8C DH8D D328 MA60

2P 5J 6K CX DG EK GA KE MI PR VN OS QR A3 OK TG RA U4 JL GK UB K7 WE
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:45 pm

Okay,i have already seen the pictures =>pals fb page
There 6th A350 will also have the lovebus sticker.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:45 pm

SleeplessInZh wrote:
https://youtu.be/hJ-wRkwEsYY

Pals A350 Lovebus.

Que guapa...muy hermosa! :cutie: As one asked for a name...how about 'Catriona'...inasmuch as the DOT is thinking of working with her :?: .....

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2019 ... laboration


SleeplessInZh wrote:
There 6th A350 will also have the lovebus sticker.

The DOT should update their tagline --- "there's more love in the Philippines"..... :hearts: :puckerup: :kiss2: :cheerful:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:41 pm

Would like to see more collabs with famous singers/designers.catriona is a good one.
I was hoping for chanel by karl lagerfeld before he died, to do the amenity kits in business,or to design a new set of pjs.but that was wishful thinking.haha!
They have new amenity kits for economy.(new bag),prevouisly seen on a vid honolulu-manila,though earplugs are still missing
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Devilfish wrote:
SleeplessInZh wrote:
https://youtu.be/hJ-wRkwEsYY

Pals A350 Lovebus.

Que guapa...muy hermosa! :cutie: As one asked for a name...how about 'Catriona'...inasmuch as the DOT is thinking of working with her :?: .....

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2019 ... laboration


SleeplessInZh wrote:
There 6th A350 will also have the lovebus sticker.

The DOT should update their tagline --- "there's more love in the Philippines"..... :hearts: :puckerup: :kiss2: :cheerful:


That typface/font used on the tagline is very nice.
Pal can take note.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:42 pm

SleeplessInZh wrote:
Pal can take note.

PR could likewise name their 6th A359 "Pia"..... :bigthumbsup:



Over at MCIA.....might EK send their newly ordered A339N to CEB someday in lieu of the 77W?..... :scratchchin: .....

source: @theyoung_shot
Image
https://instagram.fceb2-2.fna.fbcdn.net ... .fbcdn.net

Nice shot...though they could have cropped the upper half of the picture. :optimist:


source: @zubuzpotter
Image
https://instagram.fruh4-4.fna.fbcdn.net ... .fbcdn.net

photos posted on SkyscraperCity by @Polarr_Acorn & @diehardbisdak
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 13

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos