docjowl
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:21 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:11 am

Cebu Pacific Air will consider opening new routes to India, China and Russia using the Airbus A321XLR. The airline will accept first deliveries of the new type in 2024, after which it hopes to expand the regional offering out of its Manila and Cebu hubs.

In true Cebu Pacific style, the airline has opted to fit out its A321XLRs with 240 seats. This will result in a slightly reduced range, but still enough to serve its list of potential new routes.

https://simpleflying.com/cebu-pacific-china-india/
 
docjowl
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:21 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:12 am

Cebu Pacific Air (5J, Manila Ninoy Aquino Int'l) is contemplating launching services to India and Russia from Manila Ninoy Aquino Int'l, as well as to Australia and secondary Chinese cities from Cebu using the A321-200neo(XLR)s it will start taking in 2024, Chief Executive Advisor Mike Szücs told CAPA TV.

"India is not right at the forefront of our mind at the minute but come 2024, I think it will be interesting for us," Szücs said, adding that Russia was a similar case.

The Philippines-India and the Philippines-Russia markets are currently unserved.

Szücs clarified that given the lack of airlines on the market, Cebu Pacific Air will most likely look at routes to India and Russia from the Filipino capital.

However, A321neo(XLR) will also operate out of the carrier's second hub at Cebu. According to the ch-aviation capacities module, the Manila-Australia market is already well-served with Cebu Pacific itself operating 4x weekly to Sydney Kingsford Smith and 3x weekly to Melbourne Tullamarine. Philippine Airlines (PR, Manila Ninoy Aquino Int'l) operates to Brisbane Int'l (5x weekly), Melbourne (5x weekly), and Sydney (6x weekly), while Qantas (QF, Sydney Kingsford Smith) flies daily from Sydney.

More at https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... a321neoxlr
 
SkyHigher
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:04 am

Duplicate post
 
Philippine747
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:15 am

docjowl wrote:
Cebu Pacific Air will consider opening new routes to India, China and Russia using the Airbus A321XLR. The airline will accept first deliveries of the new type in 2024, after which it hopes to expand the regional offering out of its Manila and Cebu hubs.

In true Cebu Pacific style, the airline has opted to fit out its A321XLRs with 240 seats. This will result in a slightly reduced range, but still enough to serve its list of potential new routes.

https://simpleflying.com/cebu-pacific-china-india/


Russians love their sun destinations, and that would be a great market to cash in on. Considering that the ruble has devalued significantly, an LCC would be a perfect entrant.

I wonder how PR fared when they did the VVO charters a few years ago on the A320. That route would have already started pushing the range envelope, but they had no cargo. The A321neo would be a perfect aircraft for the route should they decide to regularize it.
A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 AT75 AT76 B732 B733 B738 B744 B752(M) B763 B772 B77W DHC7 DH8C DH8D D328 MA60

2P 5J 6K CX DG EK GA KE MI PR VN OS QR A3 OK TG RA U4 JL GK UB K7 WE
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6520
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:10 pm

SleeplessInZh wrote:
It should be called Bulacan-Manila International Airport (BMIA,not yet used)

Well, Incheon did not adopt SEL when it became the primary gateway. We had gone over this in posts # 260-274 of last year's thread. I think VolvoBus came up with a likely code, but a figure's waxing fate might dig the same letters as R10.:ghost: However, it will be virtually settled should a good pastor's anointing prowess prove providential. :spin:


SkyHigher wrote:
That's a fan-made graphic tho'. BTW, this is the official NMIA airport page managed by San Miguel.

Then perhaps SMC should publish a more accurate graphic of how they intend to connect NMIA to the different road and rail infrastructure (existing & planned) so there won't be any confusion. I'm assuming they would build their proposed 8.6 km access expressway to merge with the Tambobong Interchange MPIC will be working on? Too bad the nearly complete Skyway section at NLEX had this mishap.....

https://www.philstar.com/nation/2019/08 ... ex-traffic

But it's good to know that DMCI is bidding for LRT 2's west extension to Pier 4. :point: As for the Shoreline Expressway, I guess the Government may just have to do it on its own depending on traffic growth and demand.
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6520
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:09 pm

docjowl wrote:
Cebu Pacific Air (5J, Manila Ninoy Aquino Int'l) is contemplating launching services to India and Russia from Manila Ninoy Aquino Int'l, as well as to Australia and secondary Chinese cities from Cebu using the A321-200neo(XLR)s it will start taking in 2024, Chief Executive Advisor Mike Szücs told CAPA TV.

Link to CAPA analysis here.....

https://centreforaviation.com/analysis/ ... ila-485423
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
xwb565
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:01 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:32 pm

Any word on a350 rpc3503? It has been out of service for close to two months after an alleged ground vehicle impact in HKG. Perhaps things a bit busy at LHT Manila and aircraft still to go in for repairs?
 
Philippine747
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:26 pm

xwb565 wrote:
Any word on a350 rpc3503? It has been out of service for close to two months after an alleged ground vehicle impact in HKG. Perhaps things a bit busy at LHT Manila and aircraft still to go in for repairs?


Aircraft is still at LTP. No word on its RTS...
A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 AT75 AT76 B732 B733 B738 B744 B752(M) B763 B772 B77W DHC7 DH8C DH8D D328 MA60

2P 5J 6K CX DG EK GA KE MI PR VN OS QR A3 OK TG RA U4 JL GK UB K7 WE
 
SkyHigher
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:31 am

Devilfish wrote:
SkyHigher wrote:
That's a fan-made graphic tho'. BTW, this is the official NMIA airport page managed by San Miguel.

Then perhaps SMC should publish a more accurate graphic of how they intend to connect NMIA to the different road and rail infrastructure (existing & planned) so there won't be any confusion. I'm assuming they would build their proposed 8.6 km access expressway to merge with the Tambobong Interchange MPIC will be working on? Too bad the nearly complete Skyway section at NLEX had this mishap.....

https://www.philstar.com/nation/2019/08 ... ex-traffic

But it's good to know that DMCI is bidding for LRT 2's west extension to Pier 4. :point: As for the Shoreline Expressway, I guess the Government may just have to do it on its own depending on traffic growth and demand.


The proposed exit going to NMIA from NLEX will be built somewhere in Marilao, not in Tambobong Exit in Bocaue in which NLEX Corp. of Metro Pacific Tollways Corp. is currently building as alternative to Bocaue Exit. Since the project is on the DED stage, we will know very soon how NMIA will be connected by road and rail from Metro Manila. They'll upload PR materials on their social media platforms and other sites.

OT: DMCI's bid for MRT-2 West Extension is not a surprise since they are already involved in the construction of both the main line (under a consortium) and east extension. How the line will look like in R10 along with the proposed elevated expressway there (the Shoreline Expressway to NMIA) is the thing we should watch out soon.
 
filipinoavgeek
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:18 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:17 am

But the A330-800 is less efficient than the -900 and is not currently being considered. “I don’t think it’s top of our mind”, Mr Szucs said. “The destinations closer to home are more what we are looking at.”

Looks like Devilfish's dream of another A330-800 operator seems to have to be put on hold for now.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6520
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:56 am

SkyHigher wrote:
The proposed exit going to NMIA from NLEX will be built somewhere in Marilao, not in Tambobong Exit in Bocaue in which NLEX Corp. of Metro Pacific Tollways Corp. is currently building as alternative to Bocaue Exit. Since the project is on the DED stage, we will know very soon how NMIA will be connected by road and rail from Metro Manila. They'll upload PR materials on their social media platforms and other sites.

Thank you very much for that. :cheerful:



filipinoavgeek wrote:
Looks like Devilfish's dream of another A330-800 operator seems to have to be put on hold for now.

You couldn't leave it well enough alone, could you :?: I already told you in #274 that it didn't suit 5J's mission requirements.....

Devilfish wrote:
filipinoavgeek wrote:
(sorry Devilfish but it seems that the -800 is not on the table)

Don't be...I didn't expect 5J to order it...the A338 doesn't match their requirements. Their business model needs something that can carry more passengers to upper medium-haul distances.....


It seems you're now the one obsessed with it...give it a rest already. :talktothehand: If you can't...eat your heart out boy..... :lol: .....

Image
https://www.thenational.ae/image/policy ... $w=3cdc5dc


That sure looks similar to Cebu's Cordova Expressway bridge...doesn't it :?: :P
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
filipinoavgeek
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:18 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:26 am

Meanwhile, according to the latest reports, it seems that:
1. Emirates is interested in bringing over the A380 on are a regular basis, and are even willing to take a late night flight slot for this purpose. Apparently they already brought in engineers to discuss with NAIA on if/how it would be possible.
2. Pan Pacific is launching Clark-Seoul flights. I actually find it interesting that Pan Pacific appears to be exclusively focusing on the Korean tourist market (you don't even see promotions for Pan Pacific in local media, for example), as opposed to maybe trying to serve more niche routes that have been overlooked by PR/5J/AirAsia.
 
SkyHigher
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:43 am

filipinoavgeek wrote:
Meanwhile, according to the latest reports, it seems that:
1. Emirates is interested in bringing over the A380 on are a regular basis, and are even willing to take a late night flight slot for this purpose. Apparently they already brought in engineers to discuss with NAIA on if/how it would be possible.


As I said before, EK must wait for the NMIA (if they are interested to fly there) to get completed and deploy their A380 here, or if CRK's Terminal 2 gets completed next year, they could add another service to accomodate A380. Seems that EK is very desperate to bring this DD aircraft to the Philippines, especially MNL when the current infrastructure restricts them to operate on a regular basis, as we all know.
 
filipinoavgeek
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:18 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:21 pm

SkyHigher wrote:
filipinoavgeek wrote:
if CRK's Terminal 2 gets completed next year, they could add another service to accomodate A380.

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but unless CRK gets better infrastructure when it comes to transportation (such as a rail service of some kind), I fear that the new terminal is going to be a white elephant. From what I remember, many of the flights at CRK are loss-making and exist not due to the market but more due to limited slots at MNL. In fact, the EK flight only survives because it's part of a triangular routing with CEB; they previously tried serving CRK alone without much success and even pulled out at one point. Thus, CRK's market remains limited for now, particularly for long-haul or anything other than regional flights. So while CRK could accommodate the A380, I'm just not sure if the business case to do so is there.

If MNL wants to see at least one regular A380 service before they go bye-bye next decade, they either have to speed up the new airport so that it can be finished in time, or somehow make a compromise with EK or other carriers (such as Korean, which has been rumored in the past to want to fly the A380 to MNL as well).
 
Philippine747
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:44 am

filipinoavgeek wrote:
2. Pan Pacific is launching Clark-Seoul flights. I actually find it interesting that Pan Pacific appears to be exclusively focusing on the Korean tourist market (you don't even see promotions for Pan Pacific in local media, for example), as opposed to maybe trying to serve more niche routes that have been overlooked by PR/5J/AirAsia.


I think Pan Pacific is relying on agency bookings ex-Korea like the UK charter carriers. I once tried to look up their fares on their website for CEB-ICN, and it was impossible to select a fare for reservation.
A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 AT75 AT76 B732 B733 B738 B744 B752(M) B763 B772 B77W DHC7 DH8C DH8D D328 MA60

2P 5J 6K CX DG EK GA KE MI PR VN OS QR A3 OK TG RA U4 JL GK UB K7 WE
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6520
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:24 pm

Apparently, LTJ is being groomed to succeed El Kapitan at the helm of the country's flag carrier.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... l-role-pal

Through all this, their new president remains quietly in the background. :scratchchin:


Meanwhile, PR unleashes a new seat sale extravaganza..... :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: .....

https://business.inquirer.net/277713/pa ... -sale-2019



In an aviation related development, 11 firms are eyeing three contract packages for Phase 2 of the Malolos-Clark railway project.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... 11-bidders

That would give added impetus for SMC to finalize their proposed Bulakan Gateway design concept. :spin:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6520
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:18 am

Revised NAIA Redevelopment proposal up for ICC review.....

https://businessmirror.com.ph/2019/08/2 ... oards-icc/

That should move the design process fairly quickly afterwards. :thumbsup:



Re the NEO...this didn't come soon enough....

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... -a330-800s

Only an LOI, but still better nonetheless. Now, Airbus has to get cracking on its certification to maintain the momentum.



Skyjet gets 25-year franchise..... :airplane: .....

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1158776/d ... -franchise

Perhaps a line prescribing newer, more airworthy planes should be added to the stipulations? :old:

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6520
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:16 pm

In view of SkyJet's 25-year franchise approval, would they be allowed to continue using the existing (#519) Terminal 4 for the time being (perhaps along with Royal and PAA) :?: .....

Image
https://businessmirror.com.ph/wp-conten ... 96x464.jpg



From SkyscraperCity --- bright, spacious and airy photos of MCIA T1 Airport Village finishing. :bigthumbsup: Wonder what the NAIA Consortium has in store for us? :scratchchin:


Image
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201908 ... c6f832.jpg

Image
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201908 ... 8d0820.jpg

photos posted by: @lancelliot



Meanwhile, the construction of SGL pax terminal building and aircraft hangars shows steady progress. :thumbsup: The structures' character makes both suitable for a return to military use in case business aircraft owners and airline TP operators opt to move to CRK (or Bulakan) instead when either is completed, due to space and transportation constraints at Sangley.


Image
https://mapio.net/images-p/52719228.jpg
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6520
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:37 pm

A tragic accident on the start of the month..... :tombstone: .....

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... ashes.html


Prayers for all those who perished and their families. :pray:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6520
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:24 pm

NAIA upgrade forecast for early 2020..... :arrow: .....

https://business.inquirer.net/278087/up ... early-2020

Quote:
"Naia Consortium’s offer, which was first submitted in February 2018, combines a 15-year operations-and-maintenance period and the development of added capacity to alleviate congestion in Naia’s passenger terminals and runways.

Based on its offer, it will increase capacity to support 65 million passengers annually versus Naia’s design capacity of 31 million passengers a year. In 2018, Naia handled 45 million passengers. Moreover, hourly takeoff and landing movements will rise to 52 movements, up by a third.

The proposal also includes a 'people mover' that will link the passenger terminals in the sprawling airport complex. The solution was aimed at providing relief to the congested gateway where air traffic delays are a frequent occurrence."



Please...let it be quick!!! :spin:



An additional 15% of shares is eyed to gain local control of AirAsia Philippines..... :house: .....

https://business.inquirer.net/278091/ro ... of-airasia
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
filipinoavgeek
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:18 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:48 am

One thing that's kind of hard to understand is why the folks over at SkyscraperCity seem to be rather insistent on shutting down NAIA, instead of embracing a multi-hub strategy for Manila (i.e. turn NAIA into something like LaGuardia or London City, Bulacan as the main international hub ala JFK or Narita, and Clark to serve as a reliever for both of the former as well as being a hub for Central/North Luzon). Is it regionalism or personal interests? Like I don't think it's impossible for NAIA an Bulacan to co-exist for example, as theoretically they can serve different markets. This is assuming of course Sangley is left in the backburner, since if/when it's built, that could determine the fate of NAIA, but it seems like even without Sangley some SSC users are vocal about wanting NAIA to close in the future.
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:07 am

Because the air,shouldn't be as congested like the [email protected] filipino avgeek
Manila is building roads over roads over very limited space.
 
SkyHigher
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:51 am

Devilfish wrote:
NAIA upgrade forecast for early 2020..... :arrow: .....

https://business.inquirer.net/278087/up ... early-2020

Quote:
"Naia Consortium’s offer, which was first submitted in February 2018, combines a 15-year operations-and-maintenance period and the development of added capacity to alleviate congestion in Naia’s passenger terminals and runways.

Based on its offer, it will increase capacity to support 65 million passengers annually versus Naia’s design capacity of 31 million passengers a year. In 2018, Naia handled 45 million passengers. Moreover, hourly takeoff and landing movements will rise to 52 movements, up by a third.

The proposal also includes a 'people mover' that will link the passenger terminals in the sprawling airport complex. The solution was aimed at providing relief to the congested gateway where air traffic delays are a frequent occurrence."



Please...let it be quick!!! :spin:


With DOTr putting too much hype and sometimes sugarcoating on its PR like in MRT-3, we should keep our eyes focused if the target 1H 2020 start date of NAIA rehab of 7 capitalist oligarchs... I mean conglomerates that make up NAIA Consortium will become true.

Devilfish wrote:
An additional 15% of shares is eyed to gain local control of AirAsia Philippines..... :house: .....

https://business.inquirer.net/278091/ro ... of-airasia


That means Philippines AirAsia will be almost half-owned by Rep. Mikee Romero and Tan Sri Dr. Tony Fernandes if the former bought Tonyboy Cojuangco's shares in APG. Well, he's close to building a bigger business empire, just don't use his position in Lower House to gain more.
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:55 pm

 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6520
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:06 pm

filipinoavgeek wrote:
One thing that's kind of hard to understand is why the folks over at SkyscraperCity seem to be rather insistent on shutting down NAIA, instead of embracing a multi-hub strategy for Manila (i.e. turn NAIA into something like LaGuardia or London City, Bulacan as the main international hub ala JFK or Narita, and Clark to serve as a reliever for both of the former as well as being a hub for Central/North Luzon). Is it regionalism or personal interests?

You are right that narrow parochial interests are stymieing efforts of the DOTr for a dispersed aviation hub strategy in the country. Also, it cannot be denied that infrastructure projects have long been viewed as "manna from heaven" by officials of the host communities.


SleeplessInZh wrote:
Because the air,shouldn't be as congested like the [email protected] filipino avgeek
Manila is building roads over roads over very limited space.

That is largely caused by the failure of the national government to address the problem due to lack of funding and foresight...until it was too late and urban sprawl and congestion had set in without the needed roadways..... :old: .....

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1159789/b ... er-traffic

Quote:
"In these cities, the alternate routes were mostly secondary roads too narrow to hold thousands of displaced vehicles, she explained. At times, the alternate route for one project ends up being used for another.

'We have been sorely left behind,' Recio said. 'We have developed which is why people can afford cars. But the government did not modernize in terms of infrastructure, leaving us to play catch-up.

While the MMDA understands the long-term benefits of the ongoing projects, it is increasingly worried about the seemingly unabated increase in vehicles in Metro Manila.

'The public transportation here is really, really poor,' Recio said. 'So you can’t blame people for buying cars just to escape the tormenting experience of commute. But even being in cars is just as tormenting especially when you’re left to stew in traffic'."




SkyHigher wrote:
With DOTr putting too much hype and sometimes sugarcoating on its PR like in MRT-3, we should keep our eyes focused if the target 1H 2020 start date of NAIA rehab of 7 capitalist oligarchs... I mean conglomerates that make up NAIA Consortium will become true.

It's also why people should be vigilant about the premier gateway project in Bulakan......

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... an-airport



In the meantime, PR is talking-up its latest, 'cabin-flex' A321neo SR..... :airplane: .....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... et-upgrade


Quote:
"'Our newest A321neo will become the single-aisle mainstay for regional routes, helping PAL in our mission to boost tourism from the high-producing tourist countries in the region such as China, Japan, Korea and our ASEAN neighbors,' PAL president Gilbert Santa Maria said.

Meanwhile, PAL’s A321neo SR features the versatile Airbus 'cabin flex' configuration designed for short-range regional flights between the Philippines and East Asian destinations, including airports in greater China, central Japan, Korea, Guam and the rest of ASEAN.

PAL said passengers would enjoy notable enhancements in seat comfort and entertainment options onboard the A321neo SR, which is a more advanced update of the A321 Classic that the airline currently operates on domestic and certain regional routes."



I guess the denser layout wouldn't matter as much on such routes. :crowded:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
filipinoavgeek
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:18 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:25 pm

Devilfish wrote:
filipinoavgeek wrote:
One thing that's kind of hard to understand is why the folks over at SkyscraperCity seem to be rather insistent on shutting down NAIA, instead of embracing a multi-hub strategy for Manila (i.e. turn NAIA into something like LaGuardia or London City, Bulacan as the main international hub ala JFK or Narita, and Clark to serve as a reliever for both of the former as well as being a hub for Central/North Luzon). Is it regionalism or personal interests?

You are right that narrow parochial interests are stymieing efforts of the DOTr for a dispersed aviation hub strategy in the country. Also, it cannot be denied that infrastructure projects have long been viewed as "manna from heaven" by officials of the host communities.


Come to think of it, at least there it seems that many of the proponents of the proposal to close NAIA are Clark supporters. Meanwhile, Bulacan supporters ironically don't seem very vocal about NAIA, with many of them even saying that Bulacan can complement rather than completely replace NAIA.
 
Yeetus787
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:39 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:21 am

filipinoavgeek wrote:
One thing that's kind of hard to understand is why the folks over at SkyscraperCity seem to be rather insistent on shutting down NAIA, instead of embracing a multi-hub strategy for Manila (i.e. turn NAIA into something like LaGuardia or London City, Bulacan as the main international hub ala JFK or Narita, and Clark to serve as a reliever for both of the former as well as being a hub for Central/North Luzon). Is it regionalism or personal interests? Like I don't think it's impossible for NAIA an Bulacan to co-exist for example, as theoretically they can serve different markets. This is assuming of course Sangley is left in the backburner, since if/when it's built, that could determine the fate of NAIA, but it seems like even without Sangley some SSC users are vocal about wanting NAIA to close in the future.


While I'm also against the shutting down of NAIA, I can think of two more reasons why people are so vocal about closing it

1. Too many airports in the same general area (NAIA, Subic Bay, Clark, Bulakan) - personally I think this can be solved by improving our ATC workforce. I mean look at London.

2. The JICA Dream Plan recommends building a Central Park over NAIA at some point in the future. - Personally, I think it's up to our own officials to decide. It is a recommendation. not an order after all.

SleeplessInZh wrote:
Because the air,shouldn't be as congested like the roads.


Well, once the new airport opens, They don't necessarily have to close NAIA, just move some flights to Bulakan half-half or something so neither airport will be crowded.

SleeplessInZh wrote:
Manila is building roads over roads over very limited space.


In my opinion there will probably be a point where Metro Manila will no longer need to build much more roads because of the infrastructure improvement going on right now. But we'll see.
 
AB330
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:30 pm

Devilfish wrote:
PAL said passengers would enjoy notable enhancements in seat comfort and entertainment options onboard the A321neo SR, which is a more advanced update of the A321 Classic that the airline currently operates on domestic and certain regional routes."[/i]

I guess the denser layout wouldn't matter as much on such routes. :crowded:


PAL A321CEO have 199 seats while the A321NX (Cabin Flex), will have 195 seats which is 4 seats less then CEO though I think it could have been 198 if it wasn't for the addition of 3rd lavatory behind the J class.

I'm curious though Why PAL opted for the traditional 4-door configuration for there first batch of A321NEO the once used for long-range while there next batch of A321NEO features the Cabin Flex with doors 3 removed. Would it be better if all of PAL A21N ordered will feature the Cabin Flex configurations rather then just the second batch?
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6520
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:31 pm

filipinoavgeek wrote:
Come to think of it, at least there it seems that many of the proponents of the proposal to close NAIA are Clark supporters. Meanwhile, Bulacan supporters ironically don't seem very vocal about NAIA, with many of them even saying that Bulacan can complement rather than completely replace NAIA.

CRK needs to have some of the air traffic at NAIA to grow because of its distance from the metropolis. Bulakan could survive without mandating airlines to fly there as the "foreseen" much better operating conditions and its proximity would naturally attract international carriers to serve it instead. When you factor in that the bulk of the huge demand will be within easier and faster commute with all the ongoing and planned infrastructure projects, then it really becomes a lopsided contest. As SMC's chairman so succinctly put it... "pagandahang lalaki na lang". :cool2:



SkyHigher wrote:
That means Philippines AirAsia will be almost half-owned by Rep. Mikee Romero and Tan Sri Dr. Tony Fernandes if the former bought Tonyboy Cojuangco's shares in APG.

Here is Flightglobal's take on that.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... ma-460598/



AB330 wrote:
I'm curious though Why PAL opted for the traditional 4-door configuration for there first batch of A321NEO the once used for long-range while there next batch of A321NEO features the Cabin Flex with doors 3 removed.

I'm guessing going with the old arrangement would have resulted to an awkward layout with the added lav...whereas the two overwing exits satisfy egress requirements for nearly as many pax while still affording PR some measure of flexibility.
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
VolvoBus
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:42 pm

You could make a very good case for closing NAIA on the grounds that it would be redundant once Bulakan phase 1 opens.

5 potential airports have been suggested although Subic should be discounted as it only serves Zambales province that cannot equally well be served by CRK.
SGL will only be usable for props and executive,and would also be redundant for scheduled services (see later for reasoning)
CRK needs capacity for its current operations and any projected growth while the Magnificent 7 complete the improvements at NAIA. If you consider that out of a population of 108m, 22.7m are estimated to live in Greater Manila and would thus pass Bulakan when it opens, what is the point of major expansion ?
According to one of the links upthread,NAIA will have a capacity of 60m passengers annually, against current usage of 48m.Quite how they manage the increase in movements will be interesting.
Bulakan phase 1 has IIRC a capacity of 45m annually and is due for completion ? 2 years after NAIA.

So now we have 60m at NAIA, 45m at Bulakan plus whatever CRK can handle - ? 8m. With 48m passengers annually,even allowing for growth, this strikes me as overkill.

If both are retained, who will use where ? Foreign carriers might move to Bulakan, but I don't see either PAL or Cebu Pacific moving without the other. Splitting operations is not very efficient,especially as so much international traffic from the whole country is channelled through Manila. In perspective,the largest city in the country is Quezon City at 2.9m,which is only of 17 cities and municipalities in Metro Manila (pop 12.8m) The largest city outside Metro is Davao,at 1.6m, which,according to Flightradar24,supports international service to Singapore,Hong Kong Doha and Quangzhou.

In passing, I did look at accessibility to CRK, in the light of the projected rail link.Currently, it appears to have sporadic (think 3 per day from any particular company's Manila terminals) bus links, and the best connections seem to be from Olongapo as part of the Olongapo- Angeles services.

Overall, I think that the Government will have to bite the bullet and buy out the Magnificent 7 when Bulakan opens,or quite soon after if SMC press on with additional terminal capacity. Keeping NAIA and Bulakan going is likely to spread the butter very thinly,certainly leaving no jam for somebody.

Obviously,all this changes if timetables slip, and especially if government fails to deliver on time.

As I produced this as much to pass time before heading off on holiday (return flight is LH A343 - similar price and decent timings) please don't expect any immediate response when you tell me I am talking through my backside.
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:35 pm

For me:
There should be only one MAJOR gateway to metro manila.Thats Bulacan with a 100m-150m terminal

Clark 50m terminal for the administrative Region of
Clark Green City/Backup Emergency Airport

Sangley-Private Jet/Presidential Planes/Helicopters/Red Cross/Military Airport

NAIA- future main subway station/main rail station/central park/biggest avenue in the world :) / a new BGC

Subic- Aviation Training/Space Agency/Observatorium
 
Yeetus787
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:39 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:30 am

VolvoBus wrote:

So now we have 60m at NAIA, 45m at Bulakan plus whatever CRK can handle - ? 8m. With 48m passengers annually,even allowing for growth, this strikes me as overkill.

If both are retained, who will use where ? Foreign carriers might move to Bulakan, but I don't see either PAL or Cebu Pacific moving without the other. Splitting operations is not very efficient,especially as so much international traffic from the whole country is channelled through Manila


During time's like this one would usually point at Tokyo's system with both Haneda and Narita, but as nice as it sounds the Tokyo argument is a bit cliche, and not very fitting for MM's situation because Tokyo's big 2 airports are about as large as each other.

What we should be looking at is Taipei with Songshan and Taoyuan coexisting. But due to Songshan's small size, it only serves domestic and regional routes, the latter mostly to secondary airports (ie Seoul Gimpo, Shanghai Hongqiao, Tokyo Haneda). If they were to decide to keep NAIA open, they could apply Songshan's system to NAIA. But in the end, it's up to the authorities and planners to decide, not an avgeek like me. Not to mention the JICA recommendation to close NAIA by at least 2030 and build a central park.
 
Yeetus787
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:39 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:35 am

SleeplessInZh wrote:
Clark 50m terminal for the administrative Region of
Clark Green City/Backup Emergency Airport
Subic- Aviation Training/Space Agency/Observatorium


Or Northern Luzon in general. Don't forget that not only Clark Green City, but all of Central Luzon is being prepared to house new businesses hubs as an alternative to MM.

A bit OT: if this is the case then North Luzon will probably host some of the bed towns.
 
LurveBus
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:21 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:38 am

VolvoBus wrote:
You could make a very good case for closing NAIA on the grounds that it would be redundant once Bulakan phase 1 opens.

5 potential airports have been suggested although Subic should be discounted as it only serves Zambales province that cannot equally well be served by CRK.
SGL will only be usable for props and executive,and would also be redundant for scheduled services (see later for reasoning)
CRK needs capacity for its current operations and any projected growth while the Magnificent 7 complete the improvements at NAIA. If you consider that out of a population of 108m, 22.7m are estimated to live in Greater Manila and would thus pass Bulakan when it opens, what is the point of major expansion ?
According to one of the links upthread,NAIA will have a capacity of 60m passengers annually, against current usage of 48m.Quite how they manage the increase in movements will be interesting.
Bulakan phase 1 has IIRC a capacity of 45m annually and is due for completion ? 2 years after NAIA.

So now we have 60m at NAIA, 45m at Bulakan plus whatever CRK can handle - ? 8m. With 48m passengers annually,even allowing for growth, this strikes me as overkill.

If both are retained, who will use where ? Foreign carriers might move to Bulakan, but I don't see either PAL or Cebu Pacific moving without the other. Splitting operations is not very efficient,especially as so much international traffic from the whole country is channelled through Manila. In perspective,the largest city in the country is Quezon City at 2.9m,which is only of 17 cities and municipalities in Metro Manila (pop 12.8m) The largest city outside Metro is Davao,at 1.6m, which,according to Flightradar24,supports international service to Singapore,Hong Kong Doha and Quangzhou.

In passing, I did look at accessibility to CRK, in the light of the projected rail link.Currently, it appears to have sporadic (think 3 per day from any particular company's Manila terminals) bus links, and the best connections seem to be from Olongapo as part of the Olongapo- Angeles services.

Overall, I think that the Government will have to bite the bullet and buy out the Magnificent 7 when Bulakan opens,or quite soon after if SMC press on with additional terminal capacity. Keeping NAIA and Bulakan going is likely to spread the butter very thinly,certainly leaving no jam for somebody.

Obviously,all this changes if timetables slip, and especially if government fails to deliver on time.

As I produced this as much to pass time before heading off on holiday (return flight is LH A343 - similar price and decent timings) please don't expect any immediate response when you tell me I am talking through my backside.


The only problem with that is that SMC as a private company will need more immediate ROI, so they can only build a terminal as big as they know will be filled, with some room for allowance. And whichever local airline that decides to move the majority of its operations to Bulacan will effectively just hand over its NAIA slots to competitors.

It’s going to be a bit like MXP and LIN. MXP would be so much more successful without LIN, but people still prefer an airport that’s nearer to the city.

When the time comes, government has to be firm on NAIA’s closure. That’s going to be at least two presidents from now. And in this country, predicting the future is not the easiest.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6520
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:12 pm

VolvoBus wrote:
If both are retained, who will use where ? Foreign carriers might move to Bulakan, but I don't see either PAL or Cebu Pacific moving without the other.

Reportedly, SMC and AirAsia have been in discussions. PR could hub some flights in Bulakan to take advantage of connection possibilities once they finally join an alliance. 5J had declared its intention of expanding their network out of CRK and CEB, while PR already has a significant presence there but may limit those in the future to their PALexpress subsidiary.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... bs-456543/

With LTG being a major part of the NAIA Consortium, I don't see flag-carrier PAL relinquishing their international dominance at the main capital airport so long as it stays open.


VolvoBus wrote:
Overall, I think that the Government will have to bite the bullet and buy out the Magnificent 7 when Bulakan opens, or quite soon after if SMC press on with additional terminal capacity.

I doubt the 'Magnificent 7' would sell out as the seeming unspoken goal in gaining control of NAIA was (in prospectors' words) "to release its value potential through commercial developments." Meanwhile, shadowy figures in Government would be quite content maintaining the status quo without spending for the facilities' operations and upkeep.


VolvoBus wrote:
Keeping NAIA and Bulakan going is likely to spread the butter very thinly, certainly leaving no jam for somebody.

Could be the one farther north...but of course, this is assuming that NMIA lives up to the hype. :hyper:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
SkyHigher
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:51 am

Well, NMIA project might be delayed or cancelled as the ECC may be cancelled by DENR.

Ado Paglinawan
DENR UNDERSECRETARY CUNA REPLIES TO MY LETTER TO CIMATU RE: THE PROPOSED BULACAN AIRPORT.

I received my copy today, September 5 so lets expect something before the end of the month, after the EMB Regional Director submits her response not later than September 20.

Meanwhile, we have made a full-blown presentation to the Chairman of the National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council, the honorable Secretary of National Defense Delfin Lorenzana on this matter.

Our hope is for DENR to cancel the Environmental Compliance Certificate it issued Silvertides Holdings/San Miguel Corporation, before we undertake legal action for an court injunction to stop this human disaster.

Needless to say, we are filing a formal complaint with the Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission so they can discern how the Office of the Ombudsman can prosecute any corrupt national or local government official who will be involved in lobbying for the Bulacan Airport.

Image

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1333373733
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:26 pm

Ignore those people who block that developtment.everywhere in the world,where new airports are beiing built,the environmentalists and dumb leftist are always there.idk why.don't they have nothing else to do?look at pasig river,they should better go and spend their time there instead and pick up the plastic trash!
and why should the government be involved in 'corruption'?this is getting built by ramon ang.stupid.they just don't have nothing else to do,instead of complaining about change.in the end, they are the ones that fly more often.
This airport is needed YESTERDAY.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/09/ ... itiveness/
 
xwb565
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:01 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:17 pm

Philippine747 wrote:
xwb565 wrote:
Any word on a350 rpc3503? It has been out of service for close to two months after an alleged ground vehicle impact in HKG. Perhaps things a bit busy at LHT Manila and aircraft still to go in for repairs?


Aircraft is still at LTP. No word on its RTS...


Back in service after two months.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6520
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:18 pm

SkyHigher wrote:
Well, NMIA project might be delayed or cancelled as the ECC may be cancelled by DENR.

That is a typical, pro forma back and forth between Government and its constituency. Watch how it stands up against the power of SMC's legal and PR departments. Hopefully, NMIA and its environs wouldn't be wallowing under a flood of environmental problems, as foreseen in this..... :crossfingers: .....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... nt-airport


As the image accompanying above article is said to be just a conceptual study, wonder when SMC will release its final definitive design for this premier international gateway into the country :?: :scratchchin:



xwb565 wrote:
Back in service after two months.

Must have lost a tidy sum in revenues just sitting there awaiting repairs while making lease payments. :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
LRB40
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:17 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:45 pm

Devilfish wrote:
xwb565 wrote:
Back in service after two months.

Must have lost a tidy sum in revenues just sitting there awaiting repairs while making lease payments. :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign:


Not in the know with regards to this, but if I'm to make assumptions; surely, this kind of event or scenario has to be covered by some sort of insurance, right?
 
Philippine747
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:24 pm

As reported on other threads and on Airlineroute, DL will serve ICN-MNL from 20 March 2020. First A330neo operator to the Philippines!
A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 AT75 AT76 B732 B733 B738 B744 B752(M) B763 B772 B77W DHC7 DH8C DH8D D328 MA60

2P 5J 6K CX DG EK GA KE MI PR VN OS QR A3 OK TG RA U4 JL GK UB K7 WE
 
Philippine747
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:25 pm

xwb565 wrote:
Philippine747 wrote:
xwb565 wrote:
Any word on a350 rpc3503? It has been out of service for close to two months after an alleged ground vehicle impact in HKG. Perhaps things a bit busy at LHT Manila and aircraft still to go in for repairs?


Aircraft is still at LTP. No word on its RTS...


Back in service after two months.


Still faster then when -C9928 had a tailstrike a few years ago in CEB...
A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 AT75 AT76 B732 B733 B738 B744 B752(M) B763 B772 B77W DHC7 DH8C DH8D D328 MA60

2P 5J 6K CX DG EK GA KE MI PR VN OS QR A3 OK TG RA U4 JL GK UB K7 WE
 
SkyHigher
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:25 am

Devilfish wrote:
SkyHigher wrote:
Well, NMIA project might be delayed or cancelled as the ECC may be cancelled by DENR.

That is a typical, pro forma back and forth between Government and its constituency. Watch how it stands up against the power of SMC's legal and PR departments. Hopefully, NMIA and its environs wouldn't be wallowing under a flood of environmental problems, as foreseen in this..... :crossfingers: .....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... nt-airport


As the image accompanying above article is said to be just a conceptual study, wonder when SMC will release its final definitive design for this premier international gateway into the country :?: :scratchchin:


There might be engineering solutions that SMC will provide to prevent most parts of Bulacan submerged in water from Sierra Madre and Manila Bay, but they doubt it will succeed.

Obviously, the beer oligarch will win over these concerned citizens on their battle against NMIA's environmental effects. As the saying goes, rich people are given justice than the poor or oppressed.

They didn't even consult the actor turned Governor of Bulacan for this, but it seems he and his Vice Governor who owns several fishpens in Manila Bay are supportive of this project and ignores the concern of the people he serve and focus on unnecessary road repairs. Even Boo Chanco who is somewhat bias to San Miguel for many years.

The final architectural design renders will be released in due time by SMC, DOTr, Groupe ADP, Meinhardt and Jacobs Engineering Group. They are still in DED stage so be patient.
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:47 am

Okay, this is out of topic now, but i just want to say,that the PAL 'tail' livery is perfecty designed.the sun always turn to orange when its sunset,or cloudy,and then to bright yellow on a sunny day.The livery is just enough to be considered as a 'holiday' airline and 'business'.the livery is in the middle.And that livery always pops out,in any airport.
Just my observation. I love South African, too. Colorful but still Sophisticated,not too much.
 
Scotron12
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:13 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:23 am

Out of curiosity, seems EK would like to fly the A380 on DXB-MNL. Is there any specific reason they cannot??
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:37 am

Timeout?seriously airliner...i just wrote a roman.:( :( write it again.:(

I got this Idea from the PAL changing tail colors from the orange to yellow.and my samsung phone.So you might like it or Not!

My Idea for PALs New Livery is:
'Hallogen'. A very futuristic representation of PAL, but a good livery in futures trend tail designs.NEW, Different and Exciting and its 'Grand'.Just like the marking of 'A new Era'.
Like the cover of my samsung (pearl white),some unvisible colors comes out with the light. that should be the new livery of pal, together with the 1985 livery.its ONLY appears colorful in certain angles.the colorful livery is visible in certain angles.The 'tail' now, a new big PAL tail should be in the middle of the plane to be not completely colorless.the Big Pal logo should be in the middle over the wings,or slightly before the wings.
And a 'Philippines' is then a much Thinner,but a bigger Philippine Airlines.
The winglets then is a smaller 'PAL' tail logo,so its not 'dominanating' the whole design.PAL should consider 'Hallogen'-designs for the tail, because Noone does it yet.Pal shouldn't change the tail,but make it futuristic.
Its not a ghost plane,because its not completely white.the tail should be white and 'thin' black,like a bone-structure of pals logo now,to be recognizeable that its a pal plane,but it only becomes colorful on an angle.So its something NEW and fun to watch for the AVgeeks.
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:39 am

Scotron12 wrote:
Out of curiosity, seems EK would like to fly the A380 on DXB-MNL. Is there any specific reason they cannot??


They cant, because manila is already congested and has no A380 gates
 
Philippine747
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:02 am

Scotron12 wrote:
Out of curiosity, seems EK would like to fly the A380 on DXB-MNL. Is there any specific reason they cannot??


Technically, they can, as demonstrated by a one-off service a few years ago. However, there are a few limitations. Some taxiways would be blocked when taxiing to/from T3 because of how tightly packed the area is. AFAIK, DNATA doesn't have any A380 capable equipment for the upper decks as well, which could slow turnaround times.
A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 AT75 AT76 B732 B733 B738 B744 B752(M) B763 B772 B77W DHC7 DH8C DH8D D328 MA60

2P 5J 6K CX DG EK GA KE MI PR VN OS QR A3 OK TG RA U4 JL GK UB K7 WE
 
Yeetus787
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:39 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:39 pm

Philippine747 wrote:
Scotron12 wrote:
Out of curiosity, seems EK would like to fly the A380 on DXB-MNL. Is there any specific reason they cannot??


Technically, they can, as demonstrated by a one-off service a few years ago. However, there are a few limitations. Some taxiways would be blocked when taxiing to/from T3 because of how tightly packed the area is. AFAIK, DNATA doesn't have any A380 capable equipment for the upper decks as well, which could slow turnaround times.


basically if anyone wants to send an A380 to NAIA they'll have to make some sort of gamble with time and such.
 
Philippine747
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:24 am

Yeetus787 wrote:
Philippine747 wrote:
Scotron12 wrote:
Out of curiosity, seems EK would like to fly the A380 on DXB-MNL. Is there any specific reason they cannot??


Technically, they can, as demonstrated by a one-off service a few years ago. However, there are a few limitations. Some taxiways would be blocked when taxiing to/from T3 because of how tightly packed the area is. AFAIK, DNATA doesn't have any A380 capable equipment for the upper decks as well, which could slow turnaround times.


basically if anyone wants to send an A380 to NAIA they'll have to make some sort of gamble with time and such.


Yes, and a lot of planning. For example, when BA sends their A380 to Lufthansa Technik Philippines for maintenance, they schedule the aircraft to arrive at around 1:00 in the morning, which isn't a peak hour.
A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 AT75 AT76 B732 B733 B738 B744 B752(M) B763 B772 B77W DHC7 DH8C DH8D D328 MA60

2P 5J 6K CX DG EK GA KE MI PR VN OS QR A3 OK TG RA U4 JL GK UB K7 WE

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos