Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

J343

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:46 pm

AB330 wrote:
J343 wrote:
AB330 wrote:

Found this analysis that explain why PAL continue to suffer losses and has widen when compared to previous years.

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... s.html?m=1

The effect of this Updated Accounting Standards was far more significant IMHO.

Very useful insight. Also, I think aggressive rather than conservative route/network expansion contributed to the losses. PAL is competing with the ME3, GF, KU and Oman Air for PH-Middle East flights. Whilst the competition is good for customers, PAL might have taken more than it can take with their mediocre product (i.e 9 abreast Y on their A333s). Also, PAL's LHR is good news but I doubt they made any profit since they started the route in 2014 and they are competing against the ME3, CX, SQ and the Mainland Carriers. I think PAL should focus on Asia and N.America flights to return to profitability.

I agreed with regards to PAL Network should be mainly foucs on Inter-Asian and North American routes though the timing isn't good right since the CN3 along with other Sino Carriers dumping capacity by selling cheap Y fare ticket between Asia and North America. Other potential Medium to Long-haul that I can see be further developed is Australia and New Zealand which will certainly grow in the future though PAL sould be conservstive adding destination in this region.

Unfortunately, PAL is trying to compete with carriers who offers lower fares and better product. PAL has a strong potential to Australia but it will be tough to compete with SQ and MH. Even CX is offering lower fares to Australia from PH

Devilfish

Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:28 pm

OEI return of PR113 77W to LAX caught on video..... :eyepopping: .....

https://abc7.com/flames-emit-from-plane ... x/5711724/

Fortunately, no one was reported injured.
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield

carlokiii

Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:42 am

Devilfish wrote:
OEI return of PR113 77W to LAX caught on video..... :eyepopping: .....

https://abc7.com/flames-emit-from-plane ... x/5711724/

Fortunately, no one was reported injured.

Looks like a bird strike as the failure was immediately after taking off the runway? Or a compressor stall?

LRB40

Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:15 am

J343 wrote:
AB330 wrote:

Unfortunately, PAL is trying to compete with carriers who offers lower fares and better product. PAL has a strong potential to Australia but it will be tough to compete with SQ and MH. Even CX is offering lower fares to Australia from PH

Apparently, PAL is getting significant passenger volume from Australia and NZ to connect to London and back.

J343

Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:33 am

LRB40 wrote:
J343 wrote:
AB330 wrote:

Apparently, PAL is getting significant passenger volume from Australia and NZ to connect to London and back.

Any Sources? The UK CAA publishes passengers transported by airlines and PR seems to be carrying more than VN and VN flies to and from Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi. If I'm not mistaken, on some days, layover times for Aus-UK via MNL requires an overnight stay.

Devilfish

Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:32 pm

carlokiii wrote:
Or a compressor stall?

Compressor stall seems to be the consensus in the other thread. Although I wouldn't presume to know the first thing about it. :conehead:

Devilfish

Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:23 pm

PAA is expanding in a big way.....

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... fleet.html

Quote:
"Isla said the PAA fleet of thirty (30) A321neos is already included by the AirAsia Group orders for 353 planes from Airbus.

PAA said the new aircraft will be use for destinations in Hong Kong, China, Korea, Japan, and Malaysia. It will also service Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, and Bacolod from Manila.

The A333neos are intended for Air Asia X in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines."

This confirms the earlier report in #689 upthread...although the number of A339s for PAA is not indicated.

LRB40

Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:08 am

J343 wrote:
LRB40 wrote:
J343 wrote:

Any Sources? The UK CAA publishes passengers transported by airlines and PR seems to be carrying more than VN and VN flies to and from Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi. If I'm not mistaken, on some days, layover times for Aus-UK via MNL requires an overnight stay.

Sorry, I can't recall where but I think I read that somewhere, but on a couple of occasions, I've seen it firsthand. From LHR, when the FAs go around to hand landing cards and ask if they are transit passengers, there's quite a number of Ausssie/Kiwis taking PAL to and from LHR. Even the time I took their LHR flight on J Class, there were quite a few connecting passengers to Aus/NZ on J class.

Just checked their timetable out of interest and out of 6 flights arriving from Australia/NZ, only one (MEL) would require an overnight stay to connect to LHR, with connecting times varying from a maximum of 7 hours to as little as 1.5 hours. Meanwhile from PAL's 1925H arrival from LHR, three flights can connect within the night, while the other three would be a +1.

AB330

Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:59 am

Devilfish wrote:
PAA is expanding in a big way.....

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... fleet.html

Quote:
"Isla said the PAA fleet of thirty (30) A321neos is already included by the AirAsia Group orders for 353 planes from Airbus.

PAA said the new aircraft will be use for destinations in Hong Kong, China, Korea, Japan, and Malaysia. It will also service Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, and Bacolod from Manila.

The A333neos are intended for Air Asia X in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines."

This confirms the earlier report in #689 upthread...although the number of A339s for PAA is not indicated.

In a related news despite receiving large orders from both CEB and PAL. Airbus believes there is more opportunity for A321neo

I think that we must be prepared for more sales campaigns in the Philippines because the Filipino carriers will need to increase their fleet,” Aymeric Dupront, head of Airbus’s airline marketing in Southeast Asia, Japan, India and Israel, told reporters here.

He said Airbus sees “7% traffic growth” in the Philippines each year. “This means that traffic is bound to triple between now and 20 years from now, and that is 2038,” he added.

Mr. Dupront said “more than 200” aircraft are needed to service the Philipine market today, both for domestic and international flights.

CEB has yet firm its MOU with Airbus for 5 A321neo and 10 A321XLR so its possible they will converted there 5 A320neo to the A321XLR which could allow then to open new destinations in India and Australia.

Meanwhile PAL has options or purchased rights for more A321neo with the acutual number not disclosed. But I believe most of them will be used to replace there remaining A321ceo in the future.

PAA on the other hand can use the A321neo to up-gauge high demand domestic routes like CEB, DVO, PPS. Which free up some of there A320s to open more domestic routes like DMU, GES and ZAM. Though slots at MNL will continue to be an issue.

Link to the article:
https://www.bworldonline.com/airbus-see ... -aircraft/

Philippine747

Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:45 am

PR to begin DVO-MDC and ZAM-BKI from 31 March 2020 opb PALex Q400s. Schedule is also added in the Nov 22 timetable. I wonder how the PaxEx would be on these international legs, would there be meal service or just hot sandwiches? :P

SEPilot wrote:
Six years ago I started my relationship with the Philippines, specifically Dipolog (DPL). At that time and the next year getting a flight on PR from MNL to DPL or vice versa was no problem; there was one flight a day as well as one flight on Cebu Pacific. Neither was ever full. Fast forward to 2017 and I was very chagrined to find out that when trying to book a flight about three weeks in advance from MNL to DPL that both airlines were sold out, and we had to stay a week in Manila before we could get a flight. This time I booked well in advance, but the plane was completely packed. When is either airline going to decide that demand is sufficient to add another flight? They both are still only offering one flight a day.

PR is starting CEB-DPL on December 15, 4x weekly...
A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 AT75 AT76 B732 B733 B738 B744 B752(M) B763 B772 B77W DHC7 DH8C DH8D D328 MA60

2P 5J 6K CX DG EK GA KE MI PR VN OS QR A3 OK TG RA U4 JL GK UB K7 WE BR

SCFlyer

Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:37 am

LRB40 wrote:
J343 wrote:
LRB40 wrote:

Sorry, I can't recall where but I think I read that somewhere, but on a couple of occasions, I've seen it firsthand. From LHR, when the FAs go around to hand landing cards and ask if they are transit passengers, there's quite a number of Ausssie/Kiwis taking PAL to and from LHR. Even the time I took their LHR flight on J Class, there were quite a few connecting passengers to Aus/NZ on J class.

Just checked their timetable out of interest and out of 6 flights arriving from Australia/NZ, only one (MEL) would require an overnight stay to connect to LHR, with connecting times varying from a maximum of 7 hours to as little as 1.5 hours. Meanwhile from PAL's 1925H arrival from LHR, three flights can connect within the night, while the other three would be a +1.

Anyone connecting from the BNE-MNL flights requires an overnight stay on the way to LHR. On the way back to BNE it's a 4 hour transit in MNL.

SEPilot

Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:10 am

Philippine747 wrote:
PR to begin DVO-MDC and ZAM-BKI from 31 March 2020 opb PALex Q400s. Schedule is also added in the Nov 22 timetable. I wonder how the PaxEx would be on these international legs, would there be meal service or just hot sandwiches? :P

SEPilot wrote:
Six years ago I started my relationship with the Philippines, specifically Dipolog (DPL). At that time and the next year getting a flight on PR from MNL to DPL or vice versa was no problem; there was one flight a day as well as one flight on Cebu Pacific. Neither was ever full. Fast forward to 2017 and I was very chagrined to find out that when trying to book a flight about three weeks in advance from MNL to DPL that both airlines were sold out, and we had to stay a week in Manila before we could get a flight. This time I booked well in advance, but the plane was completely packed. When is either airline going to decide that demand is sufficient to add another flight? They both are still only offering one flight a day.

PR is starting CEB-DPL on December 15, 4x weekly...

I don’t know whether that will help; flying DPL-MNL-CEB is going to take almost as long as the boat, and cost a lot more. I doubt that many people, if any, are doing it. And I believe when I was last here Cebu Pacific flew a turboprop to CEB, but I don’t know the frequency or if they still are.
The problem with making things foolproof is that fools are so doggone ingenious...Dan Keebler

AB330

Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:25 am

Turkish Airlines will deployed there Airbus A350-900 between Istambul and Manila starting by June 2020 replacing the B777-300ER.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... june-2020/

LRB40

Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:30 am

SCFlyer wrote:
LRB40 wrote:
J343 wrote:

Anyone connecting from the BNE-MNL flights requires an overnight stay on the way to LHR. On the way back to BNE it's a 4 hour transit in MNL.

Checked it and you are correct. My mistake.

Devilfish

Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:10 pm

A few interesting points from the Philippine News Agency article on NMIA.....

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1086700

Quote:
"Based on the proposed plan, an eight-kilometer elevated NMIA Airport Expressway will be built from the 2,500-hectare airport to the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) in Marilao area.

The Skyway Stage 3 from NLEX-Balintawak will also be extended to NMIA in Bulacan by crossing the rivers of Tullahan and Muzon.

Express trains will also be built from the NMIA to Quezon City and the extension of the MRT 7 from San Jose Del Monte to Bulakan.

'An express train will transport passengers to and from Bulacan, Quezon City, Manila, Navotas and Malabon,' Romulo said.
"

Quite a few huge tasks there:

* The elevated NMIAX would be largely unaffected by the frequent flooding and avoid the congested surface road traffic in the area.

* Would the Skyway extension connect with the Harbor Link :?:

* Would the express train tracks follow the existing PNR row to Marilao :?:

* So, MRT7 could be extended from SJDM to NMIA :?:

Meanwhile in Manila.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... ads-legacy

Quote:
"'Rest assured, I intend to continue my father’s green advocacy and other efforts that promote sustainability. I believe in impact investing. I believe that environmental consciousness should be adopted in every level of the business in order to secure future stability,' he said in his speech."

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... cross-naia

So...the NAIA upgrade and expansion has at least the young Tan's reassurance that it would be a "green project" while the Sy scion promises a commercial development in the area. Wonder who would be bold enough to transform the hodgepodge enclave bounded by Ninoy Aquino Av and MIA Rd directly in front of the terminals into a modern mixed-use community :?: That area is well overdue for an urban renewal :!:

And as these could promote the continued existence of NAIA, might people arguing over the airport's name settle for "Ninoy Aquino Metropolitan Airport"?...after all, it actually straddles cities in the metropolis and the name is already familiar to most. It could use AQN as its code if Bulakan eventually adopts MNL for its own. :goodvibes:

AB330 wrote:
Turkish Airlines will deployed there Airbus A350-900 between Istambul and Manila starting by June 2020 replacing the B777-300ER.

So...the inclusion of IST on the GC Map in #841 upthread was not too farfetched...wonder if a local carrier could deploy the post's envisaged metal on the route for a reciprocal service should demand warrant such? At least a couple of the right-sized equipment could be switched into the options mentioned in #859 above for starters. :optimist: ADD may also be looked at as a potential transit point to EU in view of the ME's intransigence on beyond rights.

In the meantime, the "Kawali Chronicles" simmer..... :stirthepot:

J343

Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:32 pm

LRB40 wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:
LRB40 wrote:

Checked it and you are correct. My mistake.

PAL will struggle to capture connecting passengers between the UK and Australia. As per OAG, UK- Australia is one of CX's top-20 connecting country pair which is close to 150k; which alone is PAL's annual UK-PH numbers as per UK CAA. I couldn't find sources for airlines such as EK, EY, QR, SQ and MH but that alone with CX is a pretty tough competition for PAL. Also, CAPA states that CX and MH both have 6% market share for the Kangaroo route. LHR-MNL is also CX's 6th top connecting route; again I couldn't find any data for the ME3 and SQ. PAL will have to fight hard to compete with the ME3, CX and SQ for PH-Europe.

Philippine747

Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:24 am

SEPilot wrote:
I don’t know whether that will help; flying DPL-MNL-CEB is going to take almost as long as the boat, and cost a lot more. I doubt that many people, if any, are doing it. And I believe when I was last here Cebu Pacific flew a turboprop to CEB, but I don’t know the frequency or if they still are.

If I recall correctly, DG is still doing it on their ATRs. It helps improve connectivity in the region, as some don't want to take the bus/boat when travelling within the VisMin region...
A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 AT75 AT76 B732 B733 B738 B744 B752(M) B763 B772 B77W DHC7 DH8C DH8D D328 MA60

2P 5J 6K CX DG EK GA KE MI PR VN OS QR A3 OK TG RA U4 JL GK UB K7 WE BR

Akiestar

Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:59 pm

Philippine747 wrote:

GA currently flies MDC-DVO twice weekly. I wonder how they're doing.

Devilfish

Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:35 pm

Another indication of NAIA staying beyond the short term..... :arrow:

https://business.inquirer.net/284231/lu ... h-capacity

Quote:
"Lufthansa Technik Philippines (LTP), one of the country’s biggest aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) companies, is building a $40-million hangar to expand capacity in Manila. LTP held a groundbreaking event on Wednesday for what was dubbed Hangar 1A, which will create 275 jobs and will open by the fourth quarter of 2020, said Elmar Lutter, president and CEO of LTP. LTP, which employs 3,300 workers and caters to global airlines such as British Airways, Korean Air and Philippine Airlines, is a venture between Lufthansa Technik and aviation services firm MacroAsia Corp., controlled by PAL owner Lucio Tan. It plays a crucial role in the aviation sector where it handles everything from base maintenance— more extensive checks that could last weeks to months— to shorter aircraft servicing in between daily operating schedules."

It is said that Hangar 1A would be an exact replica of Hangar 1..... :camera: .....

https://media.philstar.com/photos/2019/ ... -15-26.jpg

Meanwhile, AAP reported increased share of the Philippines' domestic market..... :house: .....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... further-q3

AAP partially credits the improved performance to Boracay's reopening.

Devilfish

Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:24 pm

The NAIA expansion and modernization proposal is now on its way for the Swiss challenge..... :spin: .....

https://www.cnn.ph/business/2019/11/29/ ... posal.html

SkyHigher

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:46 pm

NAIA is closed tomorrow from 1100H - 2300H due to Typhoon Tisoy (Kammuri).
https://twitter.com/gmanews/status/1201 ... 59969?s=19

Devilfish

Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:46 pm

A "break" from groundbreaking even before it starts..... :crackup: .....

https://businessmirror.com.ph/2019/12/0 ... ed-by-dof/

While details of the NAIA upgrade plan were revealed.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... ia-upgrade

For the first time, the construction of a new PTB Annex for T2 is clearly included in Phase II scheduled for 2022-2023. :bigthumbsup:

Devilfish

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:23 pm

Was editing the above post to clarify a few points but ran out of time. :oops:

First, only "immediate" improvements of the existing terminals are included in Phase I. The "development" (read - design) of a T2 Annex, reconfiguration and expansion of T3, the improvement and expansion of their apron areas, and the installation and construction of other airside facilities are slated for Phase II which will run from 2022-2023. Actual construction of the T2 Annex and others in Phase III as well as the expansion of T3 should start in 2023 and hopefully be finished by 2024. :crossfingers:

No mention of the 'people mover' was made except for the vague "passenger connection" :confused: These and the T2 Annex run the risk of not seeing the light of day with a change of administration come 2022. :spin:

Devilfish

Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:56 pm

MCIA T2 wins the Transport Category: Completed Buildings award at the 2019 WAF..... :trophy: .....

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/2738 ... l-festival

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/file ... 1648_o.jpg

AB330

Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:24 am

Executive Traveller is reporting that PAL will soon be launching direct flights between Manila to Perth by March 30 of next year. Service will run 4 times weeky.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... la-flights

SleeplessInZh

Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:05 pm

4 times werkly is a bit too much.i would start with 3x weekly first.
But im happy that there returning to Perth.they have now a very strong and competative Oceania Network.

SkyHigher

Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:02 am

Devilfish wrote:
A few interesting points from the Philippine News Agency article on NMIA.....

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1086700

Quote:
"Based on the proposed plan, an eight-kilometer elevated NMIA Airport Expressway will be built from the 2,500-hectare airport to the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) in Marilao area.

The Skyway Stage 3 from NLEX-Balintawak will also be extended to NMIA in Bulacan by crossing the rivers of Tullahan and Muzon.

Express trains will also be built from the NMIA to Quezon City and the extension of the MRT 7 from San Jose Del Monte to Bulakan.

'An express train will transport passengers to and from Bulacan, Quezon City, Manila, Navotas and Malabon,' Romulo said.
"

Quite a few huge tasks there:

* The elevated NMIAX would be largely unaffected by the frequent flooding and avoid the congested surface road traffic in the area.

* Would the Skyway extension connect with the Harbor Link :?:

* Would the express train tracks follow the existing PNR row to Marilao :?:

* So, MRT7 could be extended from SJDM to NMIA :?:

Here's the masterplan for NMIA for your reference. I'm not sure if this forum allow posting of blueprints, but i'll prepare for consequences.

Images: San Miguel Holdings Corp. c/o @engnatividad / SkyscraperCity

The777Man

Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:02 am

Phase 1 looks almost exactly like the new Doha Hamad International Airport!

When PR moves there, why would other international carriers move there if MNL is still open? So much closer to central Manila and Makati and when PR gone from there, ,much less issue with runway capacity.

The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

Devilfish

Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:50 pm

AB330 wrote:
Executive Traveller is reporting that PAL will soon be launching direct flights between Manila to Perth by March 30 of next year. Service will run 4 times weeky.

It's a relief to know that PR would be deploying a comparatively "untight" 168-seat A321N on this longish sector.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... ar-462751/

SkyHigher wrote:
Here's the masterplan for NMIA for your reference. I'm not sure if this forum allow posting of blueprints, but i'll prepare for consequences.

Thank you for all of that...everything is much clearer now. :thumbsup: The forum is generally receptive of such informative/clarificatory stuff...save for unauthorized release of certain proprietary documents. So, the coastal highway/shoreline expressway is included in Phase 2B as Airport Access - West Line. This as SMC also seeks the extension of MRT7 to Bocaue.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... ue-bulacan

.....while MPTC is proposing the extension of the Harbor Link to Anda Circle.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... -extension

Now, what remains is the resolution of this.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... -says-dotr

.....and a successful result for this.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... a-projects

Elsewhere...the DPWH is allocating P200 Million for road development to SGL.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... rport-road

The777Man wrote:
When PR moves there, why would other international carriers move there if MNL is still open? So much closer to central Manila and Makati and when PR gone from there, much less issue with runway capacity.

The thing is PR would likely retain much of its flagship international operations at NAIA pending a decision on its existence...while other carriers would probably be offered incentives to operate from NMIA.

And speaking of PR...there is this report about key directors leaving the airline.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... ion-papers

SleeplessInZh

Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:04 pm

The runways are again very small.i see that its 45m in width.compared to istanbuls 60m.how is the lenght?it looks like hk...

Devilfish

Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:51 pm

Jetstar Japan A320 veers off runway at MNL.....

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1201577/p ... aia-runway

Devilfish

Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:46 pm

SleeplessInZh wrote:
The runways are again very small.i see that its 45m in width.compared to istanbuls 60m.how is the lenght?

You saw the runways' width but did not notice the length :confused:

SleeplessInZh wrote:
it looks like hk...

It's not healthy to always be comparing yourself to others...there's bound to be somebody else better...depending on their situation. But with any luck, we may yet get a surprise this December... :santahat: ...

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... an-airport

SleeplessInZh

Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:27 am

I can't see it clearly,because im using a phone.i guess its 45m.i can see a 4
And im also guessing that its 3500m?
I hope that they can start this month,as a christmas gift to the aviators

SkyHigher

Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:37 am

China Communications Construction Corp.-MacroAsia Corp. JV will finally develop the SGL. CCCC is behind the PEK T3, HZMB, among others. So this means, PAL (owned by LT, same as MacroAsia) may move here, once completed. But as expected, Sinophobes will be outraged, lol.

https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/12/17 ... -in-cavite

Devilfish

Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:37 pm

SkyHigher wrote:
China Communications Construction Corp.-MacroAsia Corp. JV will finally develop the SGL. CCCC is behind the PEK T3, HZMB, among others. So this means, PAL (owned by LT, same as MacroAsia) may move here, once completed.

So, will LTG drop its involvement with the NAIA Consortium :?: Curiously, the official was not named and no communication from or involvement of, a national government agency was mentioned. :?

https://business.inquirer.net/285637/lu ... rt-project

SkyHigher wrote:
But as expected, Sinophobes will be outraged, lol.

Imagine letting them control the entrance to Manila Bay. :roll: Might as well hand the keys of the capital to Xi. :alert:

SleeplessInZh

Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:47 am

Oh no.:-( so there will be no large airport for manila.
Manila is not Beijing or Tokyo.
Ramon Ang will probably have his own airline

AB330

Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:04 am

CEB is now a memeber of IATA!

https://business.mb.com.ph/2019/12/17/c ... as-member/

Not sure if there the first LCC to become a full memeber? But nonetheless its quite a significant achivement IMHO.

SkyHigher

Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:07 am

AB330 wrote:
CEB is now a memeber of IATA!

https://business.mb.com.ph/2019/12/17/c ... as-member/

Not sure if there the first LCC to become a full memeber? But nonetheless its quite a significant achivement IMHO.

SpiceJet, a LCC based in India is IIRC a member of IATA.

Devilfish wrote:
SkyHigher wrote:
China Communications Construction Corp.-MacroAsia Corp. JV will finally develop the SGL. CCCC is behind the PEK T3, HZMB, among others. So this means, PAL (owned by LT, same as MacroAsia) may move here, once completed.

So, will LTG drop its involvement with the NAIA Consortium :?: Curiously, the official was not named and no communication from or involvement of, a national government agency was mentioned. :?

https://business.inquirer.net/285637/lu ... rt-project

SkyHigher wrote:
But as expected, Sinophobes will be outraged, lol.

Imagine letting them control the entrance to Manila Bay. :roll: Might as well hand the keys of the capital to Xi. :alert:

I don't think El Kapitan's Group is going to back out of the NAIA Oligarchs.... I mean NAIA Consortium in favor of the SGL expansion. We'll know soon what are their further plans for these two airports.

Oh BTW, CCCC was blacklisted by World Bank between 2011 to 2017 over fraudulent practices under Phase 1 of the Philippines National Roads Improvement and Management Project. They also bagged new projects under the Build 3x program pver the past 2 years. If they engage again in these illegal practices, Sinophobia will really intensify.

https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press ... ds-project

Zephyrhills

Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:51 am

"PAL Holdings Inc. — the publicly-listed parent of flag carrier Philippine Airlines — announced on Wednesday that Lucio “Hun Hun” Tan III, 27, will occupy the director post that was vacated by his late father. He will also serve as director of Philippine Airlines Inc. and Air Philippines Corp."

https://www.esquiremag.ph/money/industry/lucio-tan-iii-positions-a00304-20191218

Devilfish

Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:10 pm

SleeplessInZh wrote:
Ramon Ang will probably have his own airline

Then we would see if it were indeed the quickest way to be a millionaire from being a billionaire.:spin: Although I wouldn't mind flying in this should he decide to order it... :bigthumbsup: ...

SkyHigher wrote:
We'll know soon what are their further plans for these two airports.

So, they're planning to upgauge to the A321N from the A318 and A221 mooted before. Based on the development plan superimposed on the Google map from this blog, it seems the next structures to be built are what appear to be small hangars for bizjets and GenAv along the water's edge.....

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JuYdKEzrLhQ/ ... t_p5v3.jpg

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... ngley.html

Quote:
"Second phase of the project includes construction of new control tower, 12 bay jet apron, new parallel taxiway, administration and support buildings and crash and rescue units capable of supporting Airbus A321Neo and Boeing 737-Max planes, as well as construction of new and bigger passenger terminal building (PTB) with capacity of 5 million passengers per annum, according to plans presented by the Department of Transportation (DOTr) to the President.

Tamayo disclosed that transfer of general aviation and turboprop operations is only the beginning for this project as DOTr intends to expand the airport complex to include construction of a bigger apron on the east side where a new 25 million PTB will be constructed for the third phase together with land reclamation component for the construction of a new international standard runway, while the present runway will be converted into a full taxiway."

Those will pave the way for the complete transfer of business aircraft and commercial TP operations to SGL. Apparently, the military has agreed to the takeover of their areas including the naval facilities, by the civilian sector. :scratchchin: Incidentally, the aerial view of the NAIA redevelopment scheme in the Ayala presentation upthread still shows T4 on the far right...perhaps for LCCs and charter companies :confused:

SkyHigher wrote:
Oh BTW, CCCC was blacklisted by World Bank between 2011 to 2017 over fraudulent practices under Phase 1 of the Philippines National Roads Improvement and Management Project. They also bagged new projects under the Build 3x program pver the past 2 years. If they engage again in these illegal practices, Sinophobia will really intensify.

In that case, they ought to be disqualified outright! :hissyfit:

SleeplessInZh

Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:48 pm

I think Lucio Tan doesn't trust him or avoid working with him again,since Ramon Ang is known to prefer low budget styles.i wonder which airport will be completed first.Lufthansa Technics will surely move to Sangley,not to Bulacan.Clark is the short term solution.
Anyway, interesting times ahead.Philippine Airlines can grow and rival Singapore Airlines in future with a new hub.Lucio Tan should just be more transparent about PAL and should inform more the public about his Ideas.
South East Asia can't escape China.They are building sea and air- ports everywhere,even in the Southern Pacific (Micronesia) for their Power Expansions,Philippines is like in the middle.Sadly,China will lead the new global order,because every country wants developtment and profits...and China gives the money. :( :(

SkyHigher

Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:55 am

Devilfish wrote:
SkyHigher wrote:

In that case, they ought to be disqualified outright! :hissyfit:

But the PRRD admin has very close ties to Mainland and disqualifying them is not in PPP Center's vocabulary.

Bobby27ph

Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:50 am

Sangley could turn into something like Melbourne’s Avalon Airport...

Passengers from Cavite also use NAIA anyway
PFSG Member

Avsim.net keyword: Bobby Santos

Devilfish

Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:29 pm

SleeplessInZh wrote:
I think Lucio Tan doesn't trust him or avoid working with him again,since Ramon Ang is known to prefer low budget styles.:(

Uhmm...that doesn't seem to square with this... :scratchchin: ...

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... ombergs-50

Quote:
"Tycoon Ramon “RSA” Ang left Manila quietly two Sundays ago and exactly 15 hours and three minutes later, his sleek private jet, a Gulfstream G650 landed on US soil."

SleeplessInZh wrote:
Sadly, China will lead the new global order, because every country wants development and profits...and China gives the money. :(

Just wait and see till they call in their markers. :sly:

SkyHigher wrote:
But the PRRD admin has very close ties to Mainland and disqualifying them is not in PPP Center's vocabulary.

So could it be another "North Rail" project in the making :?: I read that Germans may manage that airport...maybe second time's the charm for dealing with the taipans. :spin:

Meanwhile...a couple of photos of CRK T2 from SkyscraperCity..... :camera: .....

source: @ctto Jan Cedrick DeCastro Quirante

https://scontent.fmnl17-1.fna.fbcdn.net ... e=5E74BF6F

https://scontent.fmnl17-2.fna.fbcdn.net ... e=5E694490

photos posted by: @mrwhitepatch

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! :santahat: :santahat: :santahat:

SQ22
Topic Author

Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:33 pm

Please continue your discussion and to post your updates here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1437975

Thread will be locked

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos