Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

carlokiii

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:44 am

The runway-taxiway separation is a manageable challenge, what’s not is the lack of A380-capable terminal infrastructure at the moment. Terminal 3 has no upper deck aerobridge and the gates barely have enough room for 400 passengers on their 777s, let alone 600. Even at 1AM-3AM, this would be an operational nightmare.

filipinoavgeek

Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:44 am

carlokiii wrote:
The runway-taxiway separation is a manageable challenge, what’s not is the lack of A380-capable terminal infrastructure at the moment. Terminal 3 has no upper deck aerobridge and the gates barely have enough room for 400 passengers on their 777s, let alone 600. Even at 1AM-3AM, this would be an operational nightmare.

What about Terminal 1? Many years ago when the A380 went on a tour flight to MNL they parked at Terminal 1.

LurveBus

Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:12 am

filipinoavgeek wrote:
carlokiii wrote:

What about Terminal 1? Many years ago when the A380 went on a tour flight to MNL they parked at Terminal 1.

EK offered to invest in an A380 gate at MNL should they be allowed to operate. There’s resistance from a certain local carrier, and so local authorities didn’t take them up on the offer.

filipinoavgeek

Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:21 am

Are there any known renders of the ongoing GenSan Airport expansion works, or the proposed new Kalibo airport? Do we know if they will have jetbridges?

SkyHigher

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:10 pm

Despite the opposition from the locals over environmental effects, the contract signing is coming very soon...

https://www.bilyonaryo.com.ph/2019/09/16/dotr-smc-sign-contract-for-p735b-bulacan-airport/?fbclid=IwAR0HEUgWas9LObTlJkzOeSWnUFcfUU9h4VOJNIxMljW571lVT5TYZCPjZmI

DoTr, SMC sign contract for P735B Bulacan airport

Conglomerate San Miguel Corp. will sign Wednesday the contract to build and operate the P735 billion Bulacan International Airport with the Department of Transportation.

The airport — SMC’s biggest investment in a single project ever, is envisioned to be the real game changer for international gateways and the most logical solution to ease traffic congestion in Metro Manila.

Ruben S.Reinoso Jr. DOTr undersecretary for planning & project development, said SMC has met all the conditions set by the government, including the payment of performance security amounting to P10.9 billion.

Devilfish

Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:57 pm

SkyHigher wrote:

Hehehe.....the SM-esque conceptual study accompanies this blog report..... :laughing: .....

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... mment-form

Does that mean the actual design will be based on it :confused: Also, SMC plans to connect the 8.4 km tollway to NLEX at Marilao and proposes to terminate the express train there as well. Both would be practically within a stone's throw away from their pig farm in Marilao and next to SM City. :spin:

Meanwhile, the NEDA-ICC is expected to approve the Super Consortium's proposal for the rehabilitation of NAIA when it meets on September 27. :thumbsup:

https://business.inquirer.net/279223/ec ... t-projects

In other news, PAA's plan to fly to Guam encountered strong headwinds..... :raincloud: .....

https://business.inquirer.net/279175/ai ... -hits-snag

.....while PAL (for what it's worth) earns another star..... :silvermedal: .....

https://business.inquirer.net/279242/pa ... ine-rating

Devilfish

Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:24 pm

Is that the same scheme as RSA and the DOTr secretary are holding up in the photo :?:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEtu9gEUcAUz0xK.jpg

Philippine747

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:52 am

filipinoavgeek wrote:
Are there any known renders of the ongoing GenSan Airport expansion works, or the proposed new Kalibo airport? Do we know if they will have jetbridges?

I've seen some pictures of the expansion works at GES, and it does look like they're gonna add jetbridges.

SkyHigher

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:11 am

Devilfish wrote:
SkyHigher wrote:

Hehehe.....the SM-esque conceptual study accompanies this blog report..... :laughing: .....

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... mment-form

Does that mean the actual design will be based on it :confused: Also, SMC plans to connect the 8.4 km tollway to NLEX at Marilao and proposes to terminate the express train there as well. Both would be practically within a stone's throw away from their pig farm in Marilao and next to SM City. :spin:

Well, that the readily available photo of NMIA on the internet so they used the Palafox-like architectural fan design reminiscent to the Bacoor-Fairview-Iloilo trio of Republic of Shoemart rather than the one released thru Inquirer. But again, wait for San Miguel, DOTr, ADP Ingénierie, Meinhardt Group and Jacobs Engineering Group to release the final and official architectural renders of NMIA. Don't pressure them because it will come in due time.

flyingdoc787

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:33 am

Why is AirAsia Philippines keen on starting flights to Guam when Cebu Pacific has pulled out of that route?

carlokiii

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:37 am

The latest artist renders (not necessarily final) for NMIA are the ones released thru Inquirer, which includes the render of the photo in the background during the signing. The pixelated photo on that blogpost is not representative of NMIA at all.

FT15

Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:33 am

carlokiii wrote:
The latest artist renders (not necessarily final) for NMIA are the ones released thru Inquirer, which includes the render of the photo in the background during the signing. The pixelated photo on that blogpost is not representative of NMIA at all.

That blurry photo was actually posted on the official New Manila International Airport Facebook page before. I think this was just the initial design. The newer designs that were featured on Inquirer, ABS-CBN, GMA, etc. were uploaded much later. I expect the final designs and more detailed renderings to be released eventually.

Yeetus787

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:50 am

Art Tugade said the Bulacan airport express train connecting the North South Commuter Rail lines are still being reviewed by the Transport Department as this will modify and amend approved plans of the train terminal junction in Marilao. SMC proposes express train to terminate at Marilao while DOTr proposes it to terminate at NAIA terminal 3.

I guess that's where the FTI switch tracks between the NSCR and Metro Manila Subway come in, if they ever finalize the plan.

Devilfish

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:43 pm

SkyHigher wrote:
But again, wait for San Miguel, DOTr, ADP Ingénierie, Meinhardt Group and Jacobs Engineering Group to release the final and official architectural renders of NMIA. Don't pressure them because it will come in due time.

I highly doubt that big a conglomerate could be bothered by what a pipsqueak says on an internet forum. Anyway, I'm just trying to discern which of the grandiose schemes they have presented so far would emerge at the end in one form or another. After all, RSA himself was quoted that they had been working on it for two years now.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... ks-airport

Quote:
“We have started engineering for this project about two years ago. Now that we have been given the go signal by Secretary Tugade, this will be just fast,” SMC president and chief operating officer Ramon Ang said.

“I assure you that we will complete the four runways on the fifth year. The contractors that will build this airport are all world-class,” Ang said.

Only the engineering, admittedly...but who is to say they had not been tinkering with the architecture as well? For a 50-year concession period and a $14.5B price tag, I think the public is entitled to know what they are getting in advance. BTW, it is logical for SMC to think of extending MRT7 to connect with the express train station in Marilao as it's just a short distance away and will maximize MRT7 use (not to mention greatly enhance the development potential of their land holdings in the area). :house:

carlokiii wrote:
The latest artist renders (not necessarily final) for NMIA are the ones released thru Inquirer, which includes the render of the photo in the background during the signing.

FT15 wrote:
The newer designs that were featured on Inquirer, ABS-CBN, GMA, etc. were uploaded much later. I expect the final designs and more detailed renderings to be released eventually.

The latest reports mention three terminals, which is inconsistent with the massive, five-concourse, semi-circle configuration revealed earlier.....

https://businessmirror.com.ph/2019/09/1 ... uity-fund/

Quote:
"To be built on a 2,400-hectare property in Bulakan, Bulacan, just north of Metro Manila, the airport will have four runways, eight taxiways and three passenger terminals."

Elsewhere, construction work is on a "feverish" pace to finish the rehabilitation of Sangley Airport by November..... :hyper: .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX6J_f2HJiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40n9qqUhHys

filipinoavgeek

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:34 am

Meanwhile, with all the latest news on NMIA, it sounds interesting that they emphasize that NMIA will "decongest" rather than "replace" NAIA and they even said that the people will have "the choice of choosing NAIA, NMIA, and Clark for flights" (to paraphrase reports). It's like, contrary to what many on SSC are hoping or even advocating for, NAIA closing down appears to be off-the-cards for at least the short-to-medium term and will remain open even after NMIA is completed. Wondering why SSC still advocates for NAIA to go away instead of taking a page from Bangkok, where BKK and DMK co-exist and UTP is being developed as an alternative to both of them.

FT15

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:45 am

filipinoavgeek wrote:
Meanwhile, with all the latest news on NMIA, it sounds interesting that they emphasize that NMIA will "decongest" rather than "replace" NAIA and they even said that the people will have "the choice of choosing NAIA, NMIA, and Clark for flights" (to paraphrase reports). It's like, contrary to what many on SSC are hoping or even advocating for, NAIA closing down appears to be off-the-cards for at least the short-to-medium term and will remain open even after NMIA is completed. Wondering why SSC still advocates for NAIA to go away instead of taking a page from Bangkok, where BKK and DMK co-exist and UTP is being developed as an alternative to both of them.

It's likely that the people on SSC just think that NAIA simply isn't up to par with some of our neighboring countries' major international gateways. It's old, congested, and a hassle to get through. If things go smoothly, that Bulacan airport seems to be our best shot of having our very own Incheon, HKIA, or Changi.

Personally though, I agree with the idea of keeping NAIA as a budget airline-only airport similar to Bangkok's old airport. LTP and perhaps even the cargo flights of FedEx, DHL, and others can stay there.

Yeetus787

Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:31 am

FT15 wrote:
Personally though, I agree with the idea of keeping NAIA as a budget airline-only airport similar to Bangkok's old airport. LTP and perhaps even the cargo flights of FedEx, DHL, and others can stay there.

Maybe also be a purely- or mostly- regional hub like Seoul Gimpo or Taipei Songshan.

carlokiii

Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:07 pm

filipinoavgeek wrote:

This is primarily because of the nature of NMIA, while still endorsed as a DOTr Project, it remains to be Unsolicited, where the idea of NMIA replacing NAIA is considered a government guarantee.

This is also not to undermine DOTr's other endorsed project, also the Unsolicited Proposal for NAIA, which is currently under evaluation for approval by NEDA. With both airports unsolicited, DOTr is barred by law in the future to dictate flight assignments and aircraft movements other than for safety standards... letting the free market prevail.

Personally, I believe Metro Manila needs at least two airports, and with multiple airports, Manila is positioned well to take advantage of the ASEAN Single Aviation Market. Clark will serve its own regional catchment and has the massive potential for growth on its side.

Yeetus787

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:56 pm

carlokiii wrote:
filipinoavgeek wrote:

Personally, I believe Metro Manila needs at least two airports, and with multiple airports, Manila is positioned well to take advantage of the ASEAN Single Aviation Market. Clark will serve its own regional catchment and has the massive potential for growth on its side.

Agreed.

I prefer to think of it like this

Bulakan and NAIA - Greater Manila Area

Clark - Clark Freeport, Subic, Northern part of the GMA, planned Pampanga Megalopolis, rest of Northern Luzon.

Devilfish

Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:47 pm

FT15 wrote:
It's likely that the people on SSC just think that NAIA simply isn't up to par with some of our neighboring countries' major international gateways. It's old, congested, and a hassle to get through. If things go smoothly, that Bulacan airport seems to be our best shot of having our very own Incheon, HKIA, or Changi.

Thanks to technology, it's easier than ever to conceptualize/visualize the gateway of our dreams..... :idea: .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTgdrbNWzQM

With a dog, a chicken and pigeons to boot. :bigthumbsup: It is the funding and execution that are oftentimes the bottlenecks. :alert:

Incidentally, the NMIA contract signing coverage was silent on the first item (@1:40) listed on the screen..... :ziplip: .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnxaMOcCzbA

Wonder why it was not given more attention? ..... :scratchchin: .....

filipinoavgeek

Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:02 pm

I don't mean to be political or anything, and my observations are just conjectural, but I really can't help shake off the feeling that the negative sentiment many over at SSC have for NAIA may be at least partly due to disdain for the family of the person the airport is named after though. Could just be a coincidence though, but considering the comments and political viewpoints of many of the people there in the NAIA threads and elsewhere, I just can't help but think if there could be a connection.

FT15

Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:48 am

filipinoavgeek wrote:
I don't mean to be political or anything, and my observations are just conjectural, but I really can't help shake off the feeling that the negative sentiment many over at SSC have for NAIA may be at least partly due to disdain for the family of the person the airport is named after though. Could just be a coincidence though, but considering the comments and political viewpoints of many of the people there in the NAIA threads and elsewhere, I just can't help but think if there could be a connection.

Yeah, the hate for anything related to the previous administration and the "A" family name by certain people over there can be too much at times. It does feel like they've been completely brainwashed by the current administration into hating the previous one. :lol:

But to be fair, I don't really get that vibe when it comes to the NAIA/NMIA discussion. Sure, the hate is more apparent when certain issues like "tanim-bala" are discussed, but I'm getting the impression that people over there think that NAIA is simply just not up to par with some of our neighbors' airports. The state of our terminals is just nakakahiya.

filipinoavgeek

Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:15 am

On a more serious note, the worry I have with NMIA is that, by the time it's finished (which may be no earlier than 2025), there may not be enough A380 operators left in the world to send their A380s to Manila. I wonder if that could be part of the reason why EK is kind of demanding NAIA to let them use the A380, because there's not enough time left for the Philippines to see regular A380 service and they want someone (i.e. them) to start before it's too late.

FT15 wrote:
Yeah, the hate for anything related to the previous administration and the "A" family name by certain people over there can be too much at times. It does feel like they've been completely brainwashed by the current administration into hating the previous one. :lol:

But to be fair, I don't really get that vibe when it comes to the NAIA/NMIA discussion. Sure, the hate is more apparent when certain issues like "tanim-bala" are discussed, but I'm getting the impression that people over there think that NAIA is simply just not up to par with some of our neighbors' airports. The state of our terminals is just nakakahiya.

Considering anti-"A" sentiment was strong in that website long before the current administration even started, I wouldn't attribute it to simple "brainwashing". Though I wonder if it's a coincidence or not that some of the most vocal anti-"A" users there only registered their accounts in late 2015 or early 2016.

If my theory is at least partially accurate, it could explain my earlier observation as to why it seems there is a strong correlation in SSC with being pro-CRK and wanting NAIA to be closed down, while NMIA supporters are either neutral or don't advocate for that to happen. If anything, at least from what I've read, the ones who go "MNL/NMIA/Sangley for Mega Manila, and CRK for Central and Northern Luzon" generally seem to be NAIA and/or NMIA supporters, as opposed to CRK supporters who seem to want it to be the main or sole airport for Manila.

FT15

Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:41 am

filipinoavgeek wrote:

Considering anti-"A" sentiment was strong in that website long before the current administration even started, I wouldn't attribute it to simple "brainwashing". Though I wonder if it's a coincidence or not that some of the most vocal anti-"A" users there only registered their accounts in late 2015 or early 2016.

If my theory is at least partially accurate, it could explain my earlier observation as to why it seems there is a strong correlation in SSC with being pro-CRK and wanting NAIA to be closed down, while NMIA supporters are either neutral or don't advocate for that to happen. If anything, at least from what I've read, the ones who go "MNL/NMIA/Sangley for Mega Manila, and CRK for Central and Northern Luzon" generally seem to be NAIA and/or NMIA supporters, as opposed to CRK supporters who seem to want it to be the main or sole airport for Manila.

Some of the most anti-"A" people there remind me of my baby boomer dad who easily believe all the fake or exaggerated news meant to discredit the previous administration.

But yeah, there might be some truth to your theory there. To add to that, I've also observed the extreme regionalistic mindset of many people there - especially those from the non-Metro Manila threads. I browse some of the regional threads from time to time and the occasional bickering over which provincial city/province has the most malls/7-Eleven branches/best airport is ridiculous.

I feel like those who want CRK to be the sole airport for Manila are those who are also very pro-Pampanga. Having the country's main gateway there would add to the province's "prestige". Having NMIA in neighboring Bulacan would be a huge slap in the face.

Aremaga

Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:17 am

I have been following this forum for quite some time since the days of "Mabuhay Philippine" threads. I recently registered though I remain on semi-lurk mode. I do not intend to get in the political discussions though i wish to add some perspective to your SSC observations. SSC forumers were never "A" fans way before he became president. SSC conducted a presidential mock poll in 2010 resulting in GMA's candidate (Teodoro) winning by a wide margin. Somehow, the political leanings have been evident even way back then. I am not sure about "A's" ranking, if not 3rd, maybe a very distant 2nd. You are correct about the regional bickering, so i stay out of those threads.

Devilfish

Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:44 pm

LurveBus wrote:
The only problem with that is that SMC as a private company will need more immediate ROI, so they can only build a terminal as big as they know will be filled, with some room for allowance. And whichever local airline that decides to move the majority of its operations to Bulacan will effectively just hand over its NAIA slots to competitors.

Don't look now...but RSA might just decide to join the fray..... :knockout: .....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... e-airlines

Quote:
"RSA is as much a big boss as he is a disarming folk hero. 'Batang Tondo ako!' We also talked about airports and airlines.

RSA says that in the Philippines, an airline is just as good as the airports. But if one has a new gateway with enough landing slots, it would be viable to own an airline, he says.

This means that with SMC’s New Manila International Airport in Bulacan, owning an airline may be the next big thing for RSA.

'Is that your plan, or just a dream?' I ask. 'Both!' he says."

I wonder how other carriers would feel competing with the airport owner/operator from the same gateway on similar routes? Would they also view it as the quickest way to go from billionaire to millionaire :?: :old:

SleeplessInZh

Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:44 pm

I hope, Ramon Ang will not have his own airline.favoritism.

Yeetus787

Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:51 am

SleeplessInZh wrote:
I hope, Ramon Ang will not have his own airline.favoritism.

A bit OT: Remember the last time he owned (half of) an airline?

SleeplessInZh

Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:11 pm

New Manila Airport is already in ADPi webpage since august.didn't know this

https://www.adp-i.com/en/news-events/ad ... rport-nmia

Aremaga

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:38 pm

SleeplessInZh wrote:
New Manila Airport is already in ADPi webpage since august.didn't know this

https://www.adp-i.com/en/news-events/ad ... rport-nmia

The article states that the initial capacity will be 50m pax.

SleeplessInZh

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:52 pm

Thats more realistic.2 terminals with 100m pax.

Devilfish

Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:54 pm

Yeetus787 wrote:
A bit OT: Remember the last time he owned (half of) an airline?

The million dollar question is would he start small and order the A223 in #664.....or go big and pick up a couple or so of used whalejets on the market cheap :?: :stretch:

It took a long while but finally, the NAIA Consortium's proposal to upgrade and modernize the decades old airport has been approved by the NEDA ICC board...... :yes: .....

https://business.inquirer.net/279888/ty ... -bodys-nod

Now it's on to the final hurdle..... :spin:

SkyHigher

Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:18 am

Just to add on post 756 of Devilfish, the Line 7 connection to Marilao NSCR station in front of Republic of Shoemart Marilao, how will that even cross the mostly residential parts of SJDM? Via underground which will take years or decades to be finished? Elevated line might not be possible parallel to the current road infrastructure of SJDM (specifically Muzon) and Marilao.

BTW, this how NMIA will be connected to NLEX and the rest of Metro Manila by road and rail. The 8.4 km toll road from Marilao will actually be connected to NLEX Marilao Exit.

Photo: engnatividad/SkyscraperCity

Devilfish

Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:46 pm

SkyHigher wrote:
the Line 7 connection to Marilao NSCR station in front of Republic of Shoemart Marilao, how will that even cross the mostly residential parts of SJDM? Via underground which will take years or decades to be finished? Elevated line might not be possible parallel to the current road infrastructure of SJDM (specifically Muzon) and Marilao.

That is why a coastal highway extension from R10 to NMIA may be less costly and more practical.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... tr-461185/

.....while a causeway offshore could be just as expensive or even more so. :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign:

And speaking of subways.....

https://business.inquirer.net/280250/ma ... -naia-eyed

OT: Incidentally, this was the reason I said the G280 would be delivered much earlier than the completion of NMIA's first phase for its inspection..... :point:

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... is-461245/

It's probably with the integrator now for fitment of specialized equipment (not necessarily this frame).....

In other news, key people are leaving PAL..... :wave: .....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... ives-leave

One comment speculated that they might be heading for SMC..... :scratchchin:

SleeplessInZh

Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:40 pm

Pal keeps talking in Puzzles.And Now with Vivienne Tan.
"Reduce costs" ," enhance experience"...with not more specific informations how they'll do it

Devilfish

Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:42 am

Apparently, passengers at NAIA will have to grin and bear it for a little while longer..... :expressionless: .....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... -revisions

OTOH, it's curious that the DOTr/MIAA have not let even a little peek into the ongoing renovations in T2..... :covereyes:

In the meantime, here's a video update on SGL to apprise us of the work status there..... :thumbsup: .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeQyW5tyClQ

SkyHigher

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:45 pm

Devilfish wrote:
SkyHigher wrote:
the Line 7 connection to Marilao NSCR station in front of Republic of Shoemart Marilao, how will that even cross the mostly residential parts of SJDM? Via underground which will take years or decades to be finished? Elevated line might not be possible parallel to the current road infrastructure of SJDM (specifically Muzon) and Marilao.

That is why a coastal highway extension from R10 to NMIA may be less costly and more practical.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... tr-461185/

.....while a causeway offshore could be just as expensive or even more so. :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign:

OT: Incidentally, this was the reason I said the G280 would be delivered much earlier than the completion of NMIA's first phase for its inspection..... :point:

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... is-461245/

It's probably with the integrator now for fitment of specialized equipment (not necessarily this frame).....

A coastal highway or causeway from R10 (specifically from C3) to NMIA I believe is more expensive since ROW is mostly marshland beside Navotas and Obando. I have no idea how much the cost of CAVITEX from Zapote to Kawit that is a causeway when it was built, and can be adopted with R10 Extension to NMIA.

Regarding the PAF ordering G280 for the President and other high ranking government officials, i'll go off-topic because seriously, I find it very stupid, in a way they enjoy the luxury of being in the government or in armed forces when the majority of the population struggle in different issues, commuting crisis, poverty, etc. They only serve because of money and not for the people.

Devilfish

Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:08 pm

SkyHigher wrote:
A coastal highway or causeway from R10 (specifically from C3) to NMIA I believe is more expensive since ROW is mostly marshland beside Navotas and Obando. I have no idea how much the cost of CAVITEX from Zapote to Kawit that is a causeway when it was built, and can be adopted with R10 Extension to NMIA.

The ROW is free since the foreshore lands belong to the government. They will only need to spend for the earth/civil works to build up the carriageway and bridges across river channels, which have to be done for any road project anyway. And it will just be from C3 area as they could access it by adding a right-turning off-ramp to the Harbor Link at the intersection with R10 (see from 2:45 of this video).....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeJx41I9tM4

It will be a much reduced outlay as it's only a +/-14 km distance from C3 to the proposed airport location in Bulakan, and won't require the expensive subway idea along Roxas Blvd since people from southern NCR and Metro Manila could just take a Skyway on-ramp most convenient for them. This will provide an alternative route and give them relief from the daily monstrous traffic jams and transportation crisis. If Cebu and CDO can have their causeway and new coastal highway, the national capital certainly deserves its own.

SkyHigher wrote:
Regarding the PAF ordering G280 for the President and other high ranking government officials, i'll go off-topic because seriously, I find it very stupid, in a way they enjoy the luxury of being in the government or in armed forces when the majority of the population struggle in different issues, commuting crisis, poverty, etc. They only serve because of money and not for the people.

I regard it as money well-spent for it will provide a fast and secure mode of transportation for the country's leader while allowing him/her to carry out the duties of his/her office...I just wonder about the costs of the added gear? :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: It also serves to insulate the institution from being beholden to influence peddlers who offer optional ways of traveling. The military can have the F-28 to themselves after its maintenance in Malaysia.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1crtkcZfQzQ

Incidentally, the Inquirer report on the number of hangers-on who flew to Russia had me rethinking the configuration of my notional VIP A221 upthread, to delete the private office for more seats. :crowded: Fortunately, those in charge of procurement planning are not plane nerds like me. :geek: Anyhow, the A221XLR I favor (preferably with A330neo-type wingtips) is still five years away with some engine debugging to square away first. Better than frittering funds away on corruption. :biggrin:

Philippine747

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:50 am

Two PR 777s (RP-C7778 and RP-C7782) were flown to CRK last night. Highly unusual, what's up?

SkyHigher

Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:00 pm

Devilfish wrote:
SkyHigher wrote:

I regard it as money well-spent for it will provide a fast and secure mode of transportation for the country's leader while allowing him/her to carry out the duties of his/her office...I just wonder about the costs of the added gear? :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: It also serves to insulate the institution from being beholden to influence peddlers who offer optional ways of traveling. The military can have the F-28 to themselves after its maintenance in Malaysia.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1crtkcZfQzQ

Incidentally, the Inquirer report on the number of hangers-on who flew to Russia had me rethinking the configuration of my notional VIP A221 upthread, to delete the private office for more seats. :crowded: Fortunately, those in charge of procurement planning are not plane nerds like me. :geek: Anyhow, the A221XLR I favor (preferably with A330neo-type wingtips) is still five years away with some engine debugging to square away first. Better than frittering funds away on corruption. :biggrin:

Well, it might be money well spent for DND and AFP to purchase those aircrafts and not went into corrupt practices 'cause we need it to replace F28 but supporters of the President might take a joyride there - junkets in other word which is a waste of taxpayer's money. Bad timing of announcement of order makes people criticize it knowing the issues revolving PRRD's admin now.

Devilfish

Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:08 am

SkyHigher wrote:
Well, it might be money well spent for DND and AFP to purchase those aircrafts and not went into corrupt practices 'cause we need it to replace F28 but supporters of the President might take a joyride there

The G280 barely has enough space for the president and his cabinet, not to mention his aide-de-camp and security. I wonder if it would sport a bizjet livery or a drab official scheme...and which stops the delivery flight would take..... :scratchchin: .....

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=DAL-ONT-HNL-GUM-MNL&DU=nm

It's doubtful the 'exalted' coterie of people often tagging along on these trips would find flying in a spartan prop plane full of ISR gear like the C295 "enjoyable" (save for the curious, most adventurous geeks out there).

SkyHigher wrote:
junkets in other word which is a waste of taxpayer's money.

I'm not sure which is more a "waste of taxpayers' money" - that or pulling a new A359 from scheduled service and chartering it for the duration of the visit. Precisely why I vote for the smallest, most efficient commercial jetliner with ample range in current production to be the future state transport.

SkyHigher wrote:
Bad timing of announcement of order makes people criticize it knowing the issues revolving PRRD's admin now.

I think they were trying to keep it quiet but the media got wind of it...they don't lack a sympathetic voice among them though.....

https://www.philstar.com/opinion/2019/1 ... about-time

In the meantime, there seems to be some concern regarding the NMIA..... :worried: .....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... challenges

While gaining majority control of PAA appears to bring about pleasant changes.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... hilippines

https://business.inquirer.net/files/201 ... 20x413.jpg

https://business.inquirer.net/280902/ai ... int-office

Philippine747

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:03 pm

PR has released preliminary Winter timetable. Not all new frequencies/routes are available for booking though... I've compiled some of the highlights.

Starting Oct 28
TPE-KIX segment axed. 896/897 flight numbers withdrawn.

Seasonal increases;
MNL-JFK/YYZ/YVR returns to daily service (Nov 26 - March 8)
MNL-LAX increases to 17x weekly (12 Dec - 7 Mar, return of 124/125)
CEB-NGO returns to daily service (27 Dec - 3 Jan 2020)
MNL-SYD goes to 7x daily from 6x weekly (4 Dec - 29 Jan 2020)
MNL-MEL goes to 7x daily from 5x weekly (17 Nov - 29 Jan 2020)
MNL-GUM sees upgauge on 2 daily flights (A321 to 309-seat A333 from 15 Dec to 13 Jan 2020)

Starting Nov 24:
CRK-ICN increases to 11 weekly (one new daily flight, 490/491)

Starting on Dec 15:
CEB-ZAM (2x daily, new route)
CEB-DPL (4x weekly, new route)
CEB-USU increases to 3x daily
CEB-BXU gets additional 4x weekly
ZAM-TWT (daily, new route and new destination)

Starting on Jan 1, 2020
DVO-ILO (daily, new route)
DVO-TAG gets additional 4x weekly

Starting March 6, 2020
MNL-GUM goes to 9 weekly (+2 flights opb. 2P, reported by airlineroute)

SleeplessInZh

Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:49 pm

Lufthansa Technik LTP need to stay in Manila.So i support this...
I will not support LTP, moving to Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta or Ho Chi Mihn City!

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... raft-parts

Devilfish

Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:37 pm

From SkyscraperCity -- things are looking great for CRK..... :camera: .....

source: @ctto Mark De Luna Capinpin

https://scontent.fmnl17-1.fna.fbcdn.net ... e=5E248046

https://scontent.fmnl17-2.fna.fbcdn.net ... e=5E1B9BB0

https://scontent.fmnl17-1.fna.fbcdn.net ... e=5E59CE70

source: @ctto Eduardo Mendoza

https://scontent.fmnl17-2.fna.fbcdn.net ... e=5E5EA07D

https://scontent.fmnl17-1.fna.fbcdn.net ... e=5E2A8E26

https://scontent.fmnl17-1.fna.fbcdn.net ... e=5E252531

photos posted by: @mrwhitepatch

A pity everything won't be ready for the opening of SEAG 2019..... :sigh:

Jefford717

Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:25 pm

Philippine747 wrote:
PR has released preliminary Winter timetable. Not all new frequencies/routes are available for booking though... I've compiled some of the highlights.

Starting Oct 28
TPE-KIX segment axed. 896/897 flight numbers withdrawn.

Seasonal increases;
MNL-JFK/YYZ/YVR returns to daily service (Nov 26 - March 8)
MNL-LAX increases to 17x weekly (12 Dec - 7 Mar, return of 124/125)
CEB-NGO returns to daily service (27 Dec - 3 Jan 2020)
MNL-SYD goes to 7x daily from 6x weekly (4 Dec - 29 Jan 2020)
MNL-MEL goes to 7x daily from 5x weekly (17 Nov - 29 Jan 2020)
MNL-GUM sees upgauge on 2 daily flights (A321 to 309-seat A333 from 15 Dec to 13 Jan 2020)

Starting Nov 24:
CRK-ICN increases to 11 weekly (one new daily flight, 490/491)

Starting on Dec 15:
CEB-ZAM (2x daily, new route)
CEB-DPL (4x weekly, new route)
CEB-USU increases to 3x daily
CEB-BXU gets additional 4x weekly
ZAM-TWT (daily, new route and new destination)

Starting on Jan 1, 2020
DVO-ILO (daily, new route)
DVO-TAG gets additional 4x weekly

Starting March 6, 2020
MNL-GUM goes to 9 weekly (+2 flights opb. 2P, reported by airlineroute)

LAX-MNL to 17x weekly? Will they be using their 77W with 370 seats on all flights? If yes, that’s 6,290 seats one-way. I’m still surprised why none of the US3 want a slice of the pie. 6,290 seats seems way too much monopoly for Pal for this particular LAX-MNL route. BR, CI, CX and many others offers one-stop service with cheaper and better experience than PR In my opinion, but knowing that the industry is heading towards point-to-point service I’m still surprised why none of the US3 would dare to break the nonstop monopoly PR has been enjoying for years if not decades.

SleeplessInZh

Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:40 pm

Im starting to believe that PAL dont need to be in an Alliance.
They don't need it.
They are free now.
And i say this because of the uprising philippine aviation after 2025.

filipinoavgeek

Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:51 pm

Jefford717 wrote:
I’m still surprised why none of the US3 want a slice of the pie. 6,290 seats seems way too much monopoly for Pal for this particular LAX-MNL route.

Apart from the alleged resistance by PR and its influence on the DOTr, there's also the "Y" word that A.net likes to point out (i.e. yield).

SleeplessInZh

Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:18 am

Because USA is supportive to PAL and they want that they stay in SF and LAX.

SCFlyer

Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:35 am

Jefford717 wrote:
LAX-MNL to 17x weekly? Will they be using their 77W with 370 seats on all flights? If yes, that’s 6,290 seats one-way. I’m still surprised why none of the US3 want a slice of the pie. 6,290 seats seems way too much monopoly for Pal for this particular LAX-MNL route.s.

Three words commonly by this a.net community (and other sites) used for reasons why the US3 doesn't fly to the Philippines.

"Low Yield VFR" (VFR aka Visiting Family Relatives).

With the exceptions of the sole 1-stop flight by DL, or UA's GUM-MNL Island hopper 737 flight. the US3 are content with leaving the cheap fares (and the limited Philippine high yield market) to PR and the nearby carriers with the 1-stop options.

The US3 largely has bigger fish to fry with higher yielding markets nearby (e.g. Japan).

carlokiii

Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:28 am

LAX-MNL-LAX fares are CHEAPER than LAX-TYO-LAX. If you’re AA, you’d spend less on fuel, and increase aircraft utilization when you fly the shorter route with higher revenues.

MNL-LAX is PR’s flagship route, and very profitable. Which isn’t the case for the US3, they would rather spend the cost of flying to Manila elsewhere there are higher returns.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos