dtw2hyd

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:37 pm

All other Indian LCCs allow INR payments even with RBI restriction on maximum currency export/import. Of the 180+ pax, most may pay in forex, INR 25,000 limit is big enough to accommodate a few. who wants to pay in Indian bills.

Frequent flyers have made complaints against IndiGo Airlines
https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/new ... 284547.cms

unrave

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:45 pm

However, expert of international law advocate Hiten Venegaonkar, who practices at Bombay High Court, said that the airlines is correct on their front. "As per the prevailing policy of RBI under regulation 3 of import-export rules of FEMA, ...

The opinion of an INDIAN advocate on an INDIAN law.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways

binayak

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:53 pm

unrave wrote:
However, expert of international law advocate Hiten Venegaonkar, who practices at Bombay High Court, said that the airlines is correct on their front. "As per the prevailing policy of RBI under regulation 3 of import-export rules of FEMA, ...

The opinion of an INDIAN advocate on an INDIAN law.

The next line after the quoted part of the article states that "revenues from BoB must be going beyond 10000...." . This is highly debatable because 10000 means at least 40 pax buying sandwitches/noodles . They can come up with a policy like single purchases need to be done in dollars while multiple purchases can be done in INR . As the number of pax doing multiple purchases are low , revenues in INR won't cross 10000 .
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today

unrave

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:59 pm

That limit is actually 25,000 now so I left that part out. I suspect IndiGo will refuse to accept Indian currency until a policy change is effected.

karan14695

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:46 pm

Every little bit helps. Only accepting forex helps 6E shore up forex reserves. Multiply this by the number of international flights that 6E operates every week.

unrave

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:04 pm

In news only slightly related to Indian Aviation, Qatar Airways is on the verge of signing an open skies agreement with the EU. If the rumoured code share agreement between IndiGo and QR materialises, the open sky agreement will be massive boost for European connectivity from India.

avier

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:27 pm

So 6E intends to become another feeder airline to global hubs (DOH,IST..) .
When 9W had adopted such a move, there were many critics for the same. So nothing to hail 6E on that. Not a proud moment for Indian aviation when it comes to Int'l connectivity, when the country's strongest carrier is also resorting to such a move.

unrave

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:34 pm

The strongest carrier also happens to be LCC unfortunately. No matter what the bimonthly puff pieces on IndiGo's global ambitions claim, it can at best hope to be a regional carrier feeding a couple of hubs in the west and the east (KMG? CAN?)

avier

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:43 pm

LCC need not be looked as a weakness for long-haul operations, rather as a strenght for a low yielding price sensitive market. Some well known ones like Scoot, Jetstar, Norwegian serve amongst the most competitive markets in the world competing against many premium FSC's.

unrave

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:48 pm

avier wrote:
LCC need not be looked as a weakness for long-haul operations, rather as a strenght for a low yielding price sensitive market. Some well known ones like Scoot, Jetstar, Norwegian serve amongst the most competitive markets in the world competing against many premium FSC's.

Scoot and Jetstar are backed by much stronger parents. Norwegian has never made any money. And a codeshare doesn't mean the airline becomes a feeder. Even China Southern, an airline that wants to become 2000 aircraft strong will rely on a lot of codeshares to expand.

avier

Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:37 pm

unrave wrote:
And a codeshare doesn't mean the airline becomes a feeder.

It could mean that depending on what the purpose is.

If the purpose of the codeshare is to provide end-to-end connectivity, then no that's not a feeder service. Like Star Alliance carriers code sharing to provide ease of connectivity from say a small town in USA to a small town in India through say an UA-AI codeshare service. Also eg. 9W- AF/KL/DL codeshares.

But if an airlines sole purpose on codesharing is to mount multiple flights to an int'l hub to provide global connectivity without themselves operating any of the global services, then yes , that is definitely a feeder service. eg. 9W-EY connections.

So 9W does a combo of both types where as 6E wants to do only the latter, which is sad.

unrave wrote:
Even China Southern, an airline that wants to become 2000 aircraft strong will rely on a lot of codeshares to expand.

And why on earth should 6E or any foreign airline aid that airline in achieving that goal? That too an airline from India's biggest economic rival. How does it benefit them or their country in the long term? Looks like the Make in India campaign should have some bearing on the service sector like aviation too; Fly in Indian.

CaliguyNYC

Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:49 pm

SVJ77W wrote:
unrave wrote:
SVJ77W wrote:
Air India Express to begin Kannur-Muscat from 2nd April 2019
How many destinations are served by AIX from Kannur?

Currently they fly to Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Riyadh and Doha. Muscat will be the 5th destination.

The irony they start Muscat after Go Air began bookings last week.

I wonder if the GOI doesn’t start to hand out routes on a bid and spread out approach - meaning year 1 we will allow 7 international flights - one each to these cities and then ensure every airline interested gets a route (and an airline can have more routes if no one wants it). After one year others can start the routes. I just feel like this - oh you are announcing X route, I will too. It is really stupid and has hurt the industry. Because more INdian airlines are p2p rather than hub captive, this issue seems bigger than other places

unrave

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:01 pm

Why do we want the Govt to meddle in everything? Are American carriers directed by their government to start/stop particular flights? Let Indian airlines fly wherever they want. Let them flight, bleed and let the bad airlines die. GoI should focus on building infrastructure and keep its grubby hands off the business decisions of airlines.

binayak

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:02 pm

To be honest 6E doesn't need any code share partner unless it wants to feed their hubs.
Generally airlines have codeshares to get more loyalties (FFs of other airlines). Since IndiGo is an LCC, no FFP so no need of loyalties. Therefore sole motive is feeding DOH.
BTW Indigo already flies to DOH from many cities. Just have to change the timings now.

Conclusion : Feed other hubs if that's what suits your business, but later please don't give that as a justification for increase in seat entitlements for those subsidized airlines.

CaliguyNYC

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:19 pm

unrave wrote:
Why do we want the Govt to meddle in everything? Are American carriers directed by their government to start/stop particular flights? Let Indian airlines fly wherever they want. Let them flight, bleed and let the bad airlines die. GoI should focus on building infrastructure and keep its grubby hands off the business decisions of airlines.

Sure the US govt absolutely manages routes that have frequency limitations (not wanting any one airline to dominate or one JV group). Let’s be honest, Indian aviation is no where near as mature as the US and the US system is pretty regulated. Predatory behavior is so short sighted and eventually hurts the consumer. I am all for Indian carriers flying everywhere and want strong airlines (not one strong airline). The GOI should be all over ensuring Indian carriers are strong, able to connect both domestically and internationally, and employing millions of Indians. India should not be in the business of ensuring TK or QR are able to stifle Indian aviation to develop their hubs. As the other poster said, fly to IST of DOH but don’t expect the bilateral to be increased. Btw while I am no fan of china, their managed approached resulted in a few strong global airlines. India still has zero and zero global hubs. But yeah laissez faire in avaiation!

edealinfo

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:55 pm

The link in the article below indicates that India held talks on Jan 14th to possibly increase bilateral rights to Kuwait, UAE, and China. Does anyone know of the outcome of those talks?

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... 331351.cms

"India is likely to hold informal talks on increasing bilateral foreign flying rights with nearly nine countries including the United Arab Emirates, China and Saudi Arabia on the sidelines of the Global Aviation Summit to be held in Mumbai this month. The meeting is set to take place on January 14, a day before the beginning of the two-day summit, which will be attended by representatives of about 30 countries, said people aware of the matter."

edealinfo

Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:49 pm

Does anyone know why just one European carrier (British Airways) offer flights to Hyderabad when the City is an IT hub and is home to numerous foreign companies such as Amazon. Don't the foreign carriers want to win over corporate travel contracts? When can we expect Lufthansa, KLM, and Air France to start service to Hyderabad. Previously, some argued that (a) the ME3 carriers offered intense competition and (b) the business traffic is not that great. However, the India- Gulf bilateral rights have been quite tight in the past 4 years and the European carriers could fly the A330 or B787 which would have fewer business class seats than the B747 or B777.

Comments or thoughts?

Also, why aren't Air France or KLM flying to Bangalore? True that they code share with Jet Airways but isn't there room for them to be flying on their own metal? For gosh sake's, Bangalore is the 3rd most important India market after New Delhi and Mumbai.

lightsaber

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:12 pm

edealinfo wrote:
The link in the article below indicates that India held talks on Jan 14th to possibly increase bilateral rights to Kuwait, UAE, and China. Does anyone know of the outcome of those talks?

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... 331351.cms

"India is likely to hold informal talks on increasing bilateral foreign flying rights with nearly nine countries including the United Arab Emirates, China and Saudi Arabia on the sidelines of the Global Aviation Summit to be held in Mumbai this month. The meeting is set to take place on January 14, a day before the beginning of the two-day summit, which will be attended by representatives of about 30 countries, said people aware of the matter."

Bilateral is more than aviation. It looks like agriculture, specifically tabacco was approved:

http://www.newindianexpress.com/world/2 ... 928185.amp

But one bit is positive. Perhaps next is aviation? I do not know.
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

DSFTEBMNZ

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:26 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Also, why aren't Air France or KLM flying to Bangalore? True that they code share with Jet Airways but isn't there room for them to be flying on their own metal? For gosh sake's, Bangalore is the 3rd most important India market after New Delhi and Mumbai.

Air France flies a daily 777-200 to Bangalore. Jet flies a daily A330 to Amsterdam. Air India recently started a 4-weekly 787-8 to London in addition to BA’s daily 777-200/300.

Once upon a time, BA had a daily 747-400 service to BLR which was downgauged when EK went triple-daily with its 777-300 service.

I hear that SQ’s 4-weekly additional flight from May will be an A350 regional service.

BLR is slowly ramping up its international options.

CaliguyNYC

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:35 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Does anyone know why just one European carrier (British Airways) offer flights to Hyderabad when the City is an IT hub and is home to numerous foreign companies such as Amazon. Don't the foreign carriers want to win over corporate travel contracts? When can we expect Lufthansa, KLM, and Air France to start service to Hyderabad. Previously, some argued that (a) the ME3 carriers offered intense competition and (b) the business traffic is not that great. However, the India- Gulf bilateral rights have been quite tight in the past 4 years and the European carriers could fly the A330 or B787 which would have fewer business class seats than the B747 or B777.

Comments or thoughts?

As mentioned AF flies to BLR. KL/AF/DL have a virtual (so it is not a real one, just functions like one) metal neutral JV with Jet. The plan is not and SHOULD NOT be for AF, KL, 9W to all fly the same routes at the same times. The plan should be to fairly spread out the flights to different cities ensuring the right partner flies it. Remember 9W pulled totally out of the US and pushed traffic to AF/KL/DL/VS. But I agree, I wish 9W would start HYD-AMS. They are the right airline for that route as the traffic is mostly India based. But the ME3 have a heavey presence in HYD because HYD has always had a strong labor market to the gulf. So HYD is hurt wrt to EU airlines. BUt yes, since the bilaterals are not growing, at some point 9W can launch with its partners and make money. I fly Skyteam a ton - DL and “9W” are my favorite members (and I know 9W is not a member).

edealinfo

Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:37 pm

>>>KL/AF/DL have a virtual (so it is not a real one, just functions like one) metal neutral JV with Jet.

Why isn't Virgin Atlantic (as yet?) part of that virtual mental neutral JV? It would make sense for them to do so since they are anyway 49% owned by Delta and Jet flies multiple times a day to the UK from New Delhi and Mumbai.

sand26391

Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:56 pm

DSFTEBMNZ wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Air France flies a daily 777-200 to Bangalore. Jet flies a daily A330 to Amsterdam. Air India recently started a 4-weekly 787-8 to London in addition to BA’s daily 777-200/300.

Once upon a time, BA had a daily 747-400 service to BLR which was downgauged when EK went triple-daily with its 777-300 service.

I hear that SQ’s 4-weekly additional flight from May will be an A350 regional service.

BLR is slowly ramping up its international options.

Some corrections, AI flies 3x weekly to LHR from BLR & SQ will deploy its A359R to BLR 3x weekly from mid MAY 2019. (AI flight to London will have a change in timings from SS19 though)
Also on top of this, 9W codeshares on the AF flight to CDG from BLR.

VTCIE

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:41 am

As regards HYD, there's a reason it's nowhere close to BLR in terms of European connections. Hyderabad isn't as much of an international IT and business hub as Bengaluru (Hyderabad would be equal to Chennai or slightly more). Even though both Bengaluru and Hyderabad avoided the unfortunate fate of Chennai by building shiny new airports a long distance away from the city, only BLR has been able to capitalise on it. As mentioned, 9W flies BLR-AMS, AF flies BLR-CDG, LH flies BLR-FRA and AI and BA fly BLR-LHR, while HYD has only the BA flight to LHR. It is very sad that MAA (an airport that simply does not bother about #PaxEx, and appallingly lacking in facilities) gets LH service (and even 9W CDG service, if not AF/KL), while HYD, a far better airport in every respect, is nowhere close.

caliguyNYC wrote:
But I agree, I wish 9W would start HYD-AMS. They are the right airline for that route as the traffic is mostly India based. But the ME3 have a heavey presence in HYD because HYD has always had a strong labor market to the gulf. So HYD is hurt wrt to EU airlines. BUt yes, since the bilaterals are not growing, at some point 9W can launch with its partners and make money.

I fly Skyteam a ton - DL and “9W” are my favorite members (and I know 9W is not a member).

Note that AF's daily BLR service is the only SkyTeam service at BLR, unless you include the Saudia weekly flight. Note also that AF/KL/9W gives plenty of love to BLR, with a daily AF 777 to CDG and a daily 9W A330 to AMS. The next-biggest international airport, MAA*, has no SkyTeam service (barring the SV flight on Sundays), and the 9W route to CDG (incidentally MAA's only international route on 9W remaining today) is only 5x weekly (given 9W's situation, there is no question of its being upgraded to daily). Perhaps AF could launch MAA and take the route from the struggling 9W.

*HYD and CCU are rapidly overtaking MAA in domestic passengers in monthly statistics, but MAA will remain the bigger airport for international traffic.
Last edited by VTCIE on Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
In grieving remembrance of the thousands of people who lost their lives on ET-AVJ, PK-LQP, XA-UHZ, S2-AGU, CP-2933, SU-GCC, EI-ETJ, D-AIPX, PK-AXC, 9M-MRD, VT-AXV and above all 9M-MRO, besides many more. Your deaths are not in vain. Safety first, always.

CaliguyNYC

Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:24 am

VTCIE - airlines pick destinations because of demand and yield not because of quality of airport. Also I mention in my post that 9W is not Skyteam but it is fully integrated with DL/AF/KL and even shows up as Skyteam flights when combined with DL/AF/KL connection. You seem to feel like 9W serving the route instead of AF/KL is a downgrade. Not sure if you actually fly AF or KL much but (W’s J hard and soft product is pretty dam good between Indian and AMS/CDG. AF just cannot connect with indian flyers (in food or service style). That is my impression. Happy to have you disagree

VTORD

Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:37 am

edealinfo wrote:
>>>KL/AF/DL have a virtual (so it is not a real one, just functions like one) metal neutral JV with Jet.

Why isn't Virgin Atlantic (as yet?) part of that virtual mental neutral JV? It would make sense for them to do so since they are anyway 49% owned by Delta and Jet flies multiple times a day to the UK from New Delhi and Mumbai.

VS is. In fact VS-9W via LHR is a popular routing option on ATL-BOM. If you try to book NA-India on DL website, VS is one of the options.

binayak

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:03 am

VTCIE wrote:
The next-biggest international airport, MAA*, has no SkyTeam service (barring the SV flight on Sundays), and the 9W route to CDG (incidentally MAA's only international route on 9W remaining today) is only 5x weekly (given 9W's situation, there is no question of its being upgraded to daily). Perhaps AF could launch MAA and take the route from the struggling 9W.

*HYD and CCU are rapidly overtaking MAA in domestic passengers in monthly statistics, but MAA will remain the bigger airport for international traffic.

AF and DL have both flown MAA CDG in the past. Couldn't make it work .
About love for BLR, it's an upcoming 9W hub so there's a lot of skyteam presence there as compared to MAA.
Flying MAA CDG daily would mean using more than one aircraft for the same route. Not sure whether the yields are good enough for the same.

unrave

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:26 am

DGCA data for December 2018:
December 2018 monthly domestic traffic: 12.7m (+12.9%)
2018 annual domestic traffic: 138.9m (+18.6%)

Highlights:
53d consecutive month of double digit domestic traffic growth
Indian domestic market crosses 0.1 trips per capita for the first time

unrave

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:33 am

State of the airlines market share : 2018 vs 2017

IndiGo 41.5% vs 39.6%
Jet 15.5% 17.8%
SpiceJet 12.3% 13.2%
Air India 12.7% 13.3%
GoAir 9% 8.5%
AirAsia 4.9% 3.7%
Vistara 3.8% 3.5%

Credit @shukla_tarun on Twitter

Jet Airways has dropped 2.3 percentage points while IndiGo has gained 1.9 percentage points

devmapper

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:29 am

unrave wrote:

When AA merged with US, they had to give up slots at DCA. When new gates are made available at DAL, WN is the last on the priority list to get access to those gates. So, to say that a branch of the US Federal Government never intervenes is not actually true.

I am not even going to go into the EU having a Jekyll-Hyde relationship with anti-trust action. It seems they are quite happy for EU-origin companies to have monopolies. Only when foreign owned companies get dominant market positions, then, even without considering if that dominant position is beneficial for consumers or not, would EU impose anti-trust fines.

EmoticonsAllDay

Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:08 am

[twoid][/twoid]
CaliguyNYC wrote:
VTCIE - airlines pick destinations because of demand and yield not because of quality of airport. Also I mention in my post that 9W is not Skyteam but it is fully integrated with DL/AF/KL and even shows up as Skyteam flights when combined with DL/AF/KL connection. You seem to feel like 9W serving the route instead of AF/KL is a downgrade. Not sure if you actually fly AF or KL much but (W’s J hard and soft product is pretty dam good between Indian and AMS/CDG. AF just cannot connect with indian flyers (in food or service style). That is my impression. Happy to have you disagree

Do you earn FF miles with flying with 9W on a DL booking and vice versa?

anairliner

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:20 am

EmoticonsAllDay wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
CaliguyNYC wrote:

Do you earn FF miles with flying with 9W on a DL booking and vice versa?

I believe Yes, but not on all fare classes

dtw2hyd

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:28 am

VTCIE wrote:
HYD has only the BA flight to LHR....

Going by AI UK Regional Manager's comments during BLR-LHR launch, HYD-LHR is doing very well for BA, and AI wants to start HYD-LHR along with MAA-LHR.
HYD is EK's #1 India-US market. HYD is in top 3 for QR and EY. I don't think LH or KL can restart HYD, ME3 will snuff them out.

9W should have done what AI is planning, with AMS. At some point, 9W should get some A321XLRs and connect the minimum 6 cities to AMS.

A.net majority predictions are always wrong, so 9W will be in business.

unrave

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:40 am

dtw2hyd wrote:

HYD is EK's #1 India-US market. HYD is in top 3 for QR and EY.

Source?

avier

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:48 pm

Air India Express from February 2019 plans to introduce international service from Surat, as the airline plans to operate Surat – Sharjah route. From 16FEB19, Boeing 737-800 aircraft to operate this route twice a week.

IX613 STV0030 – 0215SHJ 738 27
IX614 SHJ1935 – 2345STV 738 16

Will be the first int'l service from Surat.

VTORD

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:57 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:

HYD is 380-ready correct? This being true why haven't we seen 1 x daily up-gauge to A388 at HYD? I mean EK500 is the "NRI Express" for crying out loud...
I remember reading an article somewhere that Telegu is the fastest growing language in the US last year so might very well be true but wondering if EK's just filling the back of the plane to HYD.

avier wrote:
Air India Express from February 2019 plans to introduce international service from Surat, as the airline plans to operate Surat – Sharjah route. From 16FEB19, Boeing 737-800 aircraft to operate this route twice a week.

IX613 STV0030 – 0215SHJ 738 27
IX614 SHJ1935 – 2345STV 738 16

Will be the first int'l service from Surat.

I can only imagine the WWWAS adrenaline rush right now :lol:

binayak

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:01 pm

VTORD wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

HYD is 380-ready correct? This being true why haven't we seen 1 x daily up-gauge to A388 at HYD? I mean EK500 is the "NRI Express" for crying out loud...
I remember reading an article somewhere that Telegu is the fastest growing language in the US last year so might very well be true but wondering if EK's just filling the back of the plane to HYD.:

EK did express interest in sending the a380 to HYD but bilats prevented them. EK 500 goes to BOM not HYD.

VTORD

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:09 pm

binayak wrote:

EK did express interest in sending the a380 to HYD but bilats prevented them. EK 500 goes to BOM not HYD.

I keep forgetting the bilateral!! :oops:
And yes I know EK 500 goes to BOM.

dtw2hyd

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:17 pm

VTORD wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

I remember reading an article somewhere that Telegu is the fastest growing language in the US last year so might very well be true but wondering if EK's just filling the back of the plane to HYD.

When it comes to HYD-US one-stop options ME3 have no competition other than AI-tag to 4 US Metros. Why waste an A380 to compete with AI's hard product.

avier

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:38 pm

Air India will start thrice-a-week operation beginning February 16-17, connecting Hyderabad to Durgapur (Andal).
The flight, to be operated with an Airbus A319 aircraft with 144 seats, will leave Hyderabad at 11.05pm and touch down at Andal at 1.15am. The return flight will take off at 2.10pm and reach Hyderabad at 4.30am. The flight from Andal will be on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.

sand26391

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:57 pm

"BLACK TOPPING" has started for the 2nd RWY at BLR and is scheduled to complete by 31/09/19.

unrave

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:02 pm

On track to open this year?

hohd

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:25 pm

HYD does not have enough business J traffic for European carriers to carry, quality or the size of the airport is not important (CCU is in a similar situation, it has even less business traffic and far less VFR traffic when compared to HYD). Chennai is a bigger business destination (may be a smaller VFR destination who fly primarily economy) so Chennai has more international flights. May be in the future LH or KL may restart their HYD operations as EK or QR cannot expand further at HYD. And BLR has the third highest J business traffic in India after DEL and BOM.

lightsaber

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:33 pm

sand26391 wrote:
"BLACK TOPPING" has started for the 2nd RWY at BLR and is scheduled to complete by 31/09/19.

I second the question of the scheduled opening.

typical runway completion:
1. Black top.
2. Paint and markers applied.
3. Runway allowed to season (often 3+ months of just sitting) as this increases the time between repairs.
4. Checkout of landing aids ,(in parallel with seasoning).
5. Test landings (if light business Jets are used, this can start during week 3 of the seasoning without impacting runway life).
6. Commercial jet testing.
7. Open!

So will it be available in 2019?

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

sand26391

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:36 pm

lightsaber wrote:
sand26391 wrote:

I second the question of the scheduled opening.

typical runway completion:
1. Black top.
2. Paint and markers applied.
3. Runway allowed to season (often 3+ months of just sitting) as this increases the time between repairs.
4. Checkout of landing aids ,(in parallel with seasoning).
5. Test landings (if light business Jets are used, this can start during week 3 of the seasoning without impacting runway life).
6. Commercial jet testing.
7. Open!

So will it be available in 2019?

Lightsaber

I don't know the full tech details on how RWYs are built & tested(3 months trials inclusive apparently & RWY IT systems have arrived from what I have seen last week) , but what I posted was from the latest NOTAM. I am hopefull that the RWY 2 will be ready by end of 2019. I will try to get some deets if I can regarding this.. thanks for the Q's

DSFTEBMNZ

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:40 pm

.... and speaking of openings, does anyone know the current status of Delhi Hindon?

anairliner

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:03 pm

avier wrote:
Air India will start thrice-a-week operation beginning February 16-17, connecting Hyderabad to Durgapur (Andal).
The flight, to be operated with an Airbus A319 aircraft with 144 seats, will leave Hyderabad at 11.05pm and touch down at Andal at 1.15am. The return flight will take off at 2.10pm and reach Hyderabad at 4.30am. The flight from Andal will be on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.

A very odd route! Is this part of UDAN?

unrave

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:07 am

ANA announces the launch of fights to Chennai at the TN Global Investors Meet

SVJ77W

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:36 am

Air India Express to add more flights to Kannur and reduce fares.

Effective March 31, the Kannur-Sharjah flight, which is currently four a week, will become a daily and there will be two more flights in the Kannur-Abu Dhabi sector on Mondays and Fridays, bringing the total flights to five a week, Air India Express CEO K. Shyam Sundar said at a press conference in Dubai on Tuesday. He said the airline will reduce the high ticket fares to the popular sector

https://gulfnews.com/uae/air-india-expr ... 1.61600081

Another report says: New/Additional flights
Kannur to Bahrain via Kuwait 3 times a week
Kannur to Doha on Friday will operate an extra flight

These changes are yet to reflect on their website.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

sand26391

Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:23 am

CONFIRMED NEWS:- JAL will deploy Boeing 787 on BLR-NRT sector wef MARCH 29 2020.
Also ANA will fly to MAA-NRT wef WS 2019/20.

binayak

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:04 am

ANA will upgrade BOM to a 787-9 from September this year.
Now I'm waiting for JAL to announce BOM too.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos