dtw2hyd

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:41 pm

I don't think any airline in India is doing good. If I recall correctly Boeing rep said fares in India are 10%-15% below cost and are not sustainable. Airlines with hot cash are waiting out on others to go out of business. This is not a healthy competition.

Even government of India saying these fares are not sustainable.
https://www.communicationstoday.co.in/g ... rice-wars/

unrave

Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:03 pm

War chest of several thousand crore built from more than a decade of profitable operations is anything but hot cash. Both IndiGo and SpiceJet - the two airlines with a faint idea of how to run a business - will post profits in the March quarter
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.

sand26391

Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:08 pm

EmoticonsAllDay wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
Thai AirAsia has increased freq on the DMK-BLR sector from 5x to DAILY, till 31MAR19.

Daily or Weekly?

From 5x weekly, its now 7x weekly flight till 31MAR19

Viman

Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:12 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
I don't think any airline in India is doing good. If I recall correctly Boeing rep said fares in India are 10%-15% below cost and are not sustainable. Airlines with hot cash are waiting out on others to go out of business. This is not a healthy competition.

Indigo has been increasing the ticket price in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities after driving out the competition, this along with lower oil prices means you can expect profits in the next financial report.

lightsaber

Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:22 pm

unrave wrote:
War chest of several thousand crore built from more than a decade of profitable operations is anything but hot cash. Both IndiGo and SpiceJet - the two airlines with a faint idea of how to run a business - will post profits in the March quarter

I would add GoAir to the list of profitable in the quarter ending in March (lower profit margin than SpiceJet and Indigo). Jet, Air India, Vistara, and Air Asia I predict losses for the quarter.

As you note, Indigo has a war chest amassed over a decade of profits They are in a position to dictate the market.
You only have the first amendment with the 2nd. If you're not going to offend someone with what you say, you don't have the 1st.

lightsaber

Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:29 pm

Another year, another time Air India is the center of divestment schemes:
https://m.businesstoday.in/lite/story/g ... 05764.html

My prediction, the GoI won't manage it. 18 months after LCCs enter the long haul market, I predict it will be too late to reform AI.
You only have the first amendment with the 2nd. If you're not going to offend someone with what you say, you don't have the 1st.

Blerg

Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:07 pm

I remember about a year ago LO was planning on launching IKA with the B788. I wonder if Delhi came as a substitute given the return of sanctions on Iran. That said, LO will mostly carry transfer passengers as I can't imagine local demand being large between India and Poland.

I wonder if this might affect Air India and Austrian Airlines in Vienna. They seem to be after similar/same customers.

Slash787

Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:20 pm

There are many Indians who do work and study in Poland, not big as London or Germany but yeah there are quite few. When is Lot Polish starting flights to Delhi?

Blerg

Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:31 pm

Slash787 wrote:
There are many Indians who do work and study in Poland, not big as London or Germany but yeah there are quite few. When is Lot Polish starting flights to Delhi?

It says in summer so I guess in May or June. I think LO is after transfer passengers here, they have done a phenomenal job building a true hub at WAW.

dtw2hyd

Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:49 pm

Viman wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

Indigo has been increasing the ticket price in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities after driving out the competition, this along with lower oil prices means you can expect profits in the next financial report.

6E follows EK playbook. Capacity dumping, price lowering jacking up prices back after competition withdraws all are EK's techniques. Didn't work for EK in the long run, not going to work for 6E. No competitor went out business. EK also had unlimited cash from Saudis, Kuwaitis and UAE didn't help when oil prices crashed. Today's cash chest may not be there tomorrow, particularly when it is hot. Both seem to have similar PR techniques.

If all others get together and trash yields of 6E's high yielding route frequencies and spread the loss-making routes among all five, they can bring 6E on its knees.

6E's non-fuel CASK is out of control, cheap ATF alone is not going help. Everyone else has good control on non-fuel CASK. SG's RASK is far better than 6E's.

Emirates shows profits every and has selective believer community, the majority don't believe their numbers.
Indigo is a public company for namesake, a tiny portion is owned by public stockholders, no one cares if it shows a profit just like Emirates.

Slash787

Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:31 pm

Blerg wrote:
Slash787 wrote:

It says in summer so I guess in May or June. I think LO is after transfer passengers here, they have done a phenomenal job building a true hub at WAW.

Thats true, B787 has been a big game changer for them.

VTORD

Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:36 pm

Blerg wrote:
I remember about a year ago LO was planning on launching IKA with the B788. I wonder if Delhi came as a substitute given the return of sanctions on Iran. That said, LO will mostly carry transfer passengers as I can't imagine local demand being large between India and Poland.

I wonder if this might affect Air India and Austrian Airlines in Vienna. They seem to be after similar/same customers.

OS may be affected more than AI for access to Europe. Did a cursory glance of LO / AI destinations. It seems AI has a myriad of random codeshares out of / in to specific stations with LH, OU, BE, JP and TP. Not sure how many people AI is really funneling through these. From a NA stand point barring LAX, AI is pretty well covered on a head to head basis with LO.
Twitter: @spottingfoodie

vadodara

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:04 pm

lightsaber wrote:
Another year, another time Air India is the center of divestment schemes:
https://m.businesstoday.in/lite/story/g ... 05764.html

My prediction, the GoI won't manage it. 18 months after LCCs enter the long haul market, I predict it will be too late to reform AI.

Yes and if the news about govt willing to have expanding bilaterals discussion hold true, AI along with Jet will be calling it quit soon.

They may be able to hold off due to slot constraints bug as in domestic market where massive shift has occurred, same should follow for international. Perhaps even a more profound shift.

Bhadra

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:58 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
If all others get together and trash yields of 6E's high yielding route frequencies and spread the loss-making routes among all five, they can bring 6E on its knees.

Only in India would someone suggest 'cartelization' to destroy a competent company and only in India would everyone be okay with such statements.

dtw2hyd wrote:
Emirates shows profits every and has selective believer community, the majority don't believe their numbers.
Indigo is a public company for namesake, a tiny portion is owned by public stockholders, no one cares if it shows a profit just like Emirates.

Completely ignorant and baseless comment. Interglobe's public holding is 25% (not tiny portion) and is in compliance with SEBI's rules. If you're aware of discrepancies in a listed company's financials, I suggest you head straight to the regulators and take other steps to get the promoters locked up!!

dtw2hyd

Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:36 am

Bhadra wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

Only in India would someone suggest 'cartelization' to destroy a competent company and only in India would everyone be okay with such statements.

So capacity dumping, price lowering, and price gouging are perfectly legal in India but cartelization/collusion is not??? Good for the goose is good for the gander. Real republics have anti-trust laws, not the fruit/berry kind.

Bhadra wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

Completely ignorant and baseless comment. Interglobe's public holding is 25% (not tiny portion) and is in compliance with SEBI's rules. If you're aware of discrepancies in a listed company's financials, I suggest you head straight to the regulators and take other steps to get the promoters locked up!!

Nope, I posted the actual ownership percentages earlier on a.net.

unrave

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:44 am

BLR-CCU is getting two new additions:
IndiGo is launching its 11th daily frequency wef 11JAN19
Air Asia India is launching its 3rd frequency wef 15JAN19

It is to be noted that I5 announced its addition before IndiGo did.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.

unrave

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:25 am

This season's first major flight disruption at DEL. Airport remained closed for takeoffs and landings from 7.30 to 10.30.

sand26391

Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:56 am

India visitor arrivals in INDONESIA up by 16.6% in NOV 2018, total IND tourists= 48,900.
IND visitors arrivals in SINGAPORE up by a massive 40.3% in NOV 2018, total= 121,270. The IND tourists were higher than Malaysians & stood 3rd after Indonesia & Chinese.

VTCIE

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:31 am

Blerg wrote:
Slash787 wrote:

Given the way LO is expanding from WAW (and to a small extent BUD), it should definitely try to launch WAW-DEL and WAW-BKK to expand its growing Asian presence. Only then can WAW be a true intercontinental hub. Also, LO, a downtrodden member of Star, can try codesharing with AI.
5H-TCG

Blerg

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:44 am

VTCIE wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Slash787 wrote:

Given the way LO is expanding from WAW (and to a small extent BUD), it should definitely try to launch WAW-DEL and WAW-BKK to expand its growing Asian presence. Only then can WAW be a true intercontinental hub. Also, LO, a downtrodden member of Star, can try codesharing with AI.

Maybe they could copy TK and code-share with IndiGo? They could open up so many cities in India from where they could offer two-stop flights to Europe and North America.

unrave

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:35 am

VTCIE wrote:

These new connections are a direct result of shutting the door on reckless entitlements to the ME3 carriers. Indian airports ran the danger of relying solely on the ME3 for their international connections thanks to the suitcases for seats regime employed by the previous government. While I believe the present's government policy to be a tad too onerous, it has led to more connections from non ME3 international carriers at the same time giving breathing space for Indian carriers to expand their international operations.

unnayan

Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:03 am

unrave wrote:
VTCIE wrote:

These new connections are a direct result of shutting the door on reckless entitlements to the ME3 carriers. Indian airports ran the danger of relying solely on the ME3 for their international connections thanks to the suitcases for seats regime employed by the previous government. While I believe the present's government policy to be a tad too onerous, it has led to more connections from non ME3 international carriers at the same time giving breathing space for Indian carriers to expand their international operations.

True. Suitcase regime further would have been disasterous. However, my pipe dream of seeing an A380 in AI colors would have become true atleast by now.. :)

CaliguyNYC

Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:51 am

unrave wrote:
VTCIE wrote:

Agreed. India is already well connected to the Gulf. India needed more nonstop connections to non ME destinations. Fortunately, we have seen new flights come up. If the UAE really believes in free trade and connectivity, they should agree to one bilateral for the UAE/India and let Indian carriers use seat entitlements to AUH for DXB flights (remember these flights bring tourists to DXB). But I don’t think the UAE will budge. So short sighted on their part. When that happens I am sure many on this forum will blame the GOI for blocking competition.

unrave

Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:01 pm

ET Prime carried an interview with IndiGo COO William Boulter today (paywall)
https://prime.economictimes.indiatimes. ... the-future

Points to note:
First batch of 15 A321neos will have additional fuel tank and 222 seats; to be used primarily on international routes
Subsequent A321neos may sport a different configuration for domestic operations with 230+ seats
Capacity expected to grow by 30% again in 2019 and capacity addition will be mainly from A321neos
China will be a major focus for adding capacity
Launch of Gatwick route has been postponed and no other one stop flights are being considered

My take:
This puts to rest a lot of speculation regarding IndiGo's long haul plans. No wide bodies, no one stop flights to Europe on 6E metal. Expect to see flights to IST fro several Indian cities feeding into TK's network.

binayak

Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:09 pm

About China, will they get decent slots if they aren't partnering with any Chinese carriers?
Jet was given horrible slots for their flights to PVG.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today

Blerg

Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:22 pm

If they plan on focusing on China, could we see IndiGo add flights to Africa? There is a lot of demand between the two markets and India is perfectly placed to link them.

With 15 A321 destined for international flights, we might see around 7 or 8 new destinations?

unrave

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Blerg wrote:
If they plan on focusing on China, could we see IndiGo add flights to Africa? There is a lot of demand between the two markets and India is perfectly placed to link them.

With 15 A321 destined for international flights, we might see around 7 or 8 new destinations?

No, he specifically says Africa is not in their sights for now. He also mentioned PEK is beyond the range of A321neo, but gcmap gives DEL-PEK distance as 2370 miles, which even the A320neo covers. What could be the issue?

Blerg

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:58 pm

unrave wrote:
Blerg wrote:

No, he specifically says Africa is not in their sights for now. He also mentioned PEK is beyond the range of A321neo, but gcmap gives DEL-PEK distance as 2370 miles, which even the A320neo covers. What could be the issue?

Looking at yesterday's CA 947 flight, seems like the flight can't overfly the Himalayas. It has to go all the way around them:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CCA ... /ZBAA/VIDP

The flight takes about seven hours. Is that too much for the A321neo?

pushpakvimaan

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:36 pm

unrave wrote:
....but gcmap gives DEL-PEK distance as 2370 miles, which even the A320neo covers. What could be the issue?

There are two issues why GCmap distance is not a right representation for India China routes

Firstly, most of airspace of China is controlled by military. Civilian flight into and out of China can only enter via few waypoints and need to follow weird routing so as to be within the civilian airspace. Look for flights from Hong Kong to Europe. Many have to take a weird turn around PEK

Secondly, Himalayas are really high mountains. Majority of Tibet is close to 3000 m above sea level or say greater than 10,000 ft. In case of depressurisation planes need to come down to 10,000 ft for normal breathing. So, even if planes crosses Himalaya peaks (some greater than 20,000 ft), in case of any emergency (single engine, depressurisation), it will be difficult to lower altitude or land planes (not many airports). Chinese planes which fly to Tibet and Lhasa are also modified for this difficult terrain. Its why planes cross over to China either along Meghalay border or across from Pakistan border

dtw2hyd

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:45 pm

binayak wrote:
About China, will they get decent slots if they aren't partnering with any Chinese carriers?

ULCCs don't need decent slots, they can pull up to the airport perimeter fence and load passengers by collecting cash. 9W may need decent slots, different story.

unrave

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:55 pm

pushpakvimaan wrote:
There are two issues why GCmap distance is not a right representation for India China routes

Thanks for the explanation. So this rules out flying to PEK and PVG on 6E metal, leaving CAN as the only possibility. SG used to fly to CAN briefly but it was one of the first routes to be axed during the great meltdown of 2014. Let us see if 6E can make it work.

binayak

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:16 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
binayak wrote:

ULCCs don't need decent slots, they can pull up to the airport perimeter fence and load passengers by collecting cash. 9W may need decent slots, different story.

That's true.
Now next thing is how will the Chinese carriers react to an Indian ULCC expanding in China. They'll be able to compete with 6E in prices and provide full service at the same time.

Bhadra

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:19 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
So capacity dumping, price lowering, and price gouging are perfectly legal in India but cartelization/collusion is not??? Good for the goose is good for the gander. Real republics have anti-trust laws, not the fruit/berry kind.

The last time I checked, India was a Market Economy.. Capacity addition and pricing of a product are the prerogatives of a corporation. You can become all emotional and call it capacity 'dumping', it doesn't matter. The truth is that Indigo is carrying most of the weight of India's growth in aviation, thanks to their lower cost structure and their ability to add capacity.

Bhadra wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
Nope, I posted the actual ownership percentages earlier on a.net.

LMAO..! Would you be so kind to post those 'secret' percentages again?! I would like to validate them.

pushpakvimaan

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:22 pm

If 6E doesnt mean Hong Kong as China expansion then My guess is that 6E will start KMG than CTU and CAN
KMG has demand from north east and Kolkata region. KMG is a hub and a busy airport with connections across China

sand26391

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:43 pm

AIRASIA INDIA 20th Aircraft registration is
VT-KUL.

CPS001

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:53 pm

sand26391 wrote:
VT-KUL.

Is that a sign that they will begin KUL ops?
Last edited by CPS001 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pushpakvimaan

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:53 pm

sand26391 wrote:
VT-KUL.

So should we expect international announcement ?
This ponders me to ask, does the new 20 plane rule will allow an airline to fly only international once they have 20 planes and not deploy any capacity on domestic sector?

AirAsia India is a good case. Not big domestically, but they can easily decide to use majority of there planes on international sectors. They can good connections from existing Air Asia hubs back and forth. Secondary airports in India to hubs in South East Asia hubs of Air Asia group will be good business strategy

unnayan

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:04 pm

unrave wrote:
ET Prime carried an interview with IndiGo COO William Boulter today (paywall)
https://prime.economictimes.indiatimes. ... the-future

Points to note:
First batch of 15 A321neos will have additional fuel tank and 222 seats; to be used primarily on international routes
Subsequent A321neos may sport a different configuration for domestic operations with 230+ seats
Capacity expected to grow by 30% again in 2019 and capacity addition will be mainly from A321neos
China will be a major focus for adding capacity
Launch of Gatwick route has been postponed and no other one stop flights are being considered

My take:
This puts to rest a lot of speculation regarding IndiGo's long haul plans. No wide bodies, no one stop flights to Europe on 6E metal. Expect to see flights to IST fro several Indian cities feeding into TK's network.

Isn't the bilateral constrained to 14 weekly only?

avier

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:20 pm

unrave wrote:

Points to note:

I imagined so. It was hard to believe 6E would not take up the max seat capacity of the A321Neo. That makes sense to keep a sub-fleet for int'l ops. A first for them in that sense now. They could have taken their ATR's too at 78 seats just like SG is taking up the most dense config. for the Q400NG.

Anyways, I'm curious to see the initial domestic runs the new A321Neo's are going to be doing i.e the sectors they'll fly. I'm sure they'll have crew familiarisation flights on domestic sectors before they throw them for the long haul.

dtw2hyd

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:33 pm

unnayan wrote:
Isn't the bilateral constrained to 14 weekly only?

Doesn't matter when you have DGCA/MoCA on speed dial. It will be decided case by case.

binayak

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:34 pm

avier wrote:

Anyways, I'm curious to see the initial domestic runs the new A321Neo's are going to be doing i.e the sectors they'll fly. I'm sure they'll have crew familiarisation flights on domestic sectors before they throw them for the long haul.

Considering the a321neo is a member of a320 family, they don't actually need crew fam flights. They can collect some of their experienced (5 years at least) crew and deploy them in that aircraft with a transition training.
Fam flights are more related to familiarizing with in flight service than safety procedures (which are already extensively covered in training).

bostrv

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:44 pm

pushpakvimaan wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
VT-KUL.

They can good connections from existing Air Asia hubs back and forth. Secondary airports in India to hubs in South East Asia hubs of Air Asia group will be good business strategy

The secondary airports are already well covered by the other airlines in the group. But bilateral restriction exist for the metro airports. There is a very liberal bilateral for 18 secondary airports for ASEAN airlines.

VTCIE

Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:30 pm

sand26391 wrote:
VT-KUL.

It would be nice to see VT-ATQ, VT-MAA and VT-STV rather than something we don't even know for sure yet. It would have been better for I5 to be a bit more realistic to buy an ATR and register it as VT-KUL—where KUL stands for Kullu. :)

I5 is getting the short end of the stick in the Indian aviation sector. Neither strong domestic operations nor any international destinations in the horizon.
5H-TCG

subramak1

Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:41 pm

vadodara wrote:
Blerg wrote:
I was curious, what competitive advantage would IndiGo have over its competition on flights to Europe? Let's take Istanbul, why would someone suffer for five, six hours on an LCC with absolutely no service when there is TK with its state of the art onboard product? Same thing with London where fares aren't that high?

What's IndiGo betting on?

Umm, check the size and growth rate of Indian market before IndiGo. Perhaps you need to give them more credit.

Regarding the international routes, India’s geography is not amenable for a hub-spoke system. Even in US, majority of hubs have been dismantled or downsized.

Draw a great circle arc from E, W, N and S India and see what falls within this arc.

US Hub and spoke System is pretty strong. Even sputhwest which is a point to point to airline has multiple focus cities where people can connect.

AA - Dallas, Charlotte, Phoenix, Phildelphia, Chicago, LAX, Miami
UA - San Francisco, Newark, Washington, Chicago, Denver, Houston
Delta - Atlanta, Salt Lake City, Detroit, Minneapolis, JFK/LGA

Indigo can easily set up a hub out of Bangalore, CCU and DEL. Jet can do it out of BOM and AI can do it out of BOM, DEL.

I am defining a hub as a city that has enough O&D traffic on its own to most destination and can offer connections. MAA loses because BLR is better hub.

Best city to be a hub would be Hyderabad as it is less than 2 hrs from most of India. Sahara tried that concept too early in my opinion

Subu

devmapper

Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:40 pm

subramak1 wrote:
Indigo can easily set up a hub out of Bangalore, CCU and DEL. Jet can do it out of BOM and AI can do it out of BOM, DEL.

I am defining a hub as a city that has enough O&D traffic on its own to most destination and can offer connections. MAA loses because BLR is better hub.

Best city to be a hub would be Hyderabad as it is less than 2 hrs from most of India. Sahara tried that concept too early in my opinion

6E can possibly afford to build hubs in MAA and HYD as well, considering there are a lot more passengers to South East Asia and the Gulf from those two cities. Especially since they already have domestic hubs.

unnayan wrote:
True. Suitcase regime further would have been disasterous. However, my pipe dream of seeing an A380 in AI colors would have become true atleast by now.. :)

Meh, they'd have either sold them (like the 77Ls to EY) or mothballed them by now.

avier

Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:50 am

binayak wrote:
avier wrote:

Considering the a321neo is a member of a320 family, they don't actually need crew fam flights. They can collect some of their experienced (5 years at least) crew and deploy them in that aircraft with a transition training.
Fam flights are more related to familiarizing with in flight service than safety procedures (which are already extensively covered in training).

I'm aware that they from the same family and not so much of a difference. However, being longer , I'm sure the flying procedures especially for takeoffs and landing will be a little different than the A320. I remember years back so many incidents of AI's A321 having tail strikes on takeoff or landing. Since they much longer, the flare will have to be lesser . So meant familiarisation on that. Off course they have simulators, but the real experience would be needed too.

anairliner

Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:55 am

According to livefromalounge, Indigo is starting services to Gatwick via Baku beginning March 2019. Would be interesting to see if they have fifth freedom rights to and from Baku.
https://livefromalounge.boardingarea.co ... n-flights/

Blerg

Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:59 am

anairliner wrote:
According to livefromalounge, Indigo is starting services to Gatwick via Baku beginning March 2019. Would be interesting to see if they have fifth freedom rights to and from Baku.

Wasn't it mentioned earlier that they are dropping one stop flights to Europe?

avier

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:36 am

Bad behavior of pax continues in Indian skies . Pax acted as he were entitled and privileged to get what he had to being an employee as ground staff at that airport.

Four deboarded from Jet Airways flight for misbehaviour
Read more at:
https://m.timesofindia.com/city/patna/4-deboarded-from-jet-airways-flight-for-misbehaviour/articleshow/67371334.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

VTCIE

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:10 am

Blerg wrote:
anairliner wrote:

Wasn't it mentioned earlier that they are dropping one stop flights to Europe?

The juicy fruit of London is too much to resist. All that there is left to moan about now is the #PaxEx.
5H-TCG

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos