F9 PIT-SAN
Nov 2018: 81%
Dec 2018: 84%
Jan 2019: 95% (1 departure)
F9 SAN-PIT
Nov 2018: 79%
Dec 2018: 79%
Jan 2019: 91% (1 arrival)

Its already been said before, but WTF F9? They dropped two routes that could have been near 100% LF on an A320 (the other being MCO) and they still could have jacked up fares.

Completely agree here, it makes no sense. When I took F9 down to MCO, I was monitoring the price and a 8 days out it was $89 OW, then 7 days out? The price fell to $29 OW, I assumed that the flight was going to be fairly empty, but nope, it was full on the A321. Plus, it's nice to see the numbers gradually improve on the PIT-SAN leg. Why both are not at least seasonal on an A320 makes no sense to me.

Delta28L

Re: PIT Update Discussion Thread - 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 pm

SAN and MCO could be doable in the winter time with all the snow birds headed south.

Runway28L

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:03 am

I mentioned earlier of UA going back to all-RJ on PIT-IAH this summer. Well it looks like that is no longer true, as I checked again and now see 1x daily A320 in the June schedule after it previously showed all-E170.

flyPIT

Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:02 am

KPITK wrote:
Interesting, didn’t see that. It’s surprising given the two current flights do not seem to be doing that well.
This could be QR’s attempt to gain another subsidy from the ACAA or they may just be trying to alleviate some of the traffic at ORD and route the inbound cargo through PIt and then send the plane to ORD to pick up a majority of the cargo leading back to Europe.

I posted QR Cargo's latest schedule a bit over a week ago, it had the same effective dates but I could have sworn it remained at 2x weekly so maybe they updated it to reflect a third flight which would be great. I guess we'll have to see what happens if anything. A few pics I snapped a couple weeks ago:

In what must be the most evasive interview ever, Tom Nealon, President of Southwest Airlines, was interviewed about the airline's future plans in Pittsburgh:
https://blueskypit.com/2019/04/18/southwest-sees-growth-in-pittsburgh-business-travel/

Instead of answering the questions straight up he answered with a lot of "I don't knows", "remains to be seen", "I'm not sure", "its hard for me to say", etc and answering questions with questions. For example:
"What does that mean in terms of additional routes or frequencies?

I don’t know. I’m not sure what it means right now. I think the question is, what are the markets we feel we need to go to? Where do we feel like we are underserving the Pittsburgh business community? Where actually we are so large in other markets – San Jose, we are dominant. San Diego, Sacramento, the whole California West Coast.

Are we serving Pittsburgh enough from those locations? It’s as important – not just getting Pittsburghers out to the West Coast – it’s as important to get the others into Pittsburgh. It’s inbound and outbound. I’m not sure what those markets are right now but that’s why we have network planners thinking about that. It’s hard for me to say how big we think it is but I do believe it’s underdeveloped. I think we have significant opportunities to grow the Pittsburgh market for us. … I think it’s to be seen how big it can be, but I think the source of the growth will be on the business travel side.
"

At least he conceded "But we have added a few frequencies – that’s a good start, but it’s not as much as we should be doing."

In the mean time, the MAX accounts for 4.5% of Southwest's fleet but the MAX related PIT cutbacks are more than 10% of WN's PIT schedule :mad:
FLYi

Flaps

Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:26 am

With regard to the MAX related cutbacks its important to recognize that dropping a few long haul flights allows them to replace a number of short hauls. The aircraft time freed up from dropping the four segments on PIT-LAX/LAS would allow them to cover 4 to 6 segments each on shorter 1 to 1.5 hour routes. PIT-LAX/LAS going up against NK probably doesn't generate nearly the yield for WN that they could make on those 4-6 shorter haul segments per aircraft. I don't have the specific numbers but it doesn't take a crystal ball to figure that they are going to try to maximize yield and revenue while being forced to adjust to the MAX grounding.

As for QR, the third flight is definitely a go. They have recently landed a contract that the additional flight will be catering to. I cannot be more specific at this point in time.

Runway28L

Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:19 am

Currently going through the domestic data from this past winter. Here's an early look at some noteworthy flights that were added or resumed:

F9 PIT-PBI
Nov 2018: 80%
Dec 2018: 76%
Jan 2019: 85%
F9 PBI-PIT
Nov 2018: 85%
Dec 2018: 67%

G4 PIT-SJU: 64%
G4 SJU-PIT: 64%

UA PIT-LAS: 72%
UA LAS-PIT: 55%

flyPIT wrote:
In what must be the most evasive interview ever, Tom Nealon, President of Southwest Airlines, was interviewed about the airline's future plans in Pittsburgh:
https://blueskypit.com/2019/04/18/south ... ss-travel/

Been awhile since we've heard anything from Southwest regarding PIT. It's nice to read that WN has taken notice of Pittsburgh's tech scene. It seems they are just waiting for the right opportunity to pull the trigger on any big splashes they would like to make.

Interesting to see SAN/SJC/SMF all hinted by Mr. Nealon in that piece. SAN is in my opinion the next logical add WN could make from PIT. I'm a little surprised that SJC was named and not OAK, but I can see why given San Jose's more ideal location for tech firms compared to Oakland. SMF is a bit of a stretch, but still fascinating to think about nonetheless.

Reading through the article more, it's clear that any plans for growth at PIT or other cities have taken a backseat while WN has built up California and launched Hawaii over the past few months like I've mentioned before. I think once all of that settles, plus the MAX grounding, let's see if WN eventually follows through with investing more into PIT. It would certainly be nice if they could boost their market share a bit.

Jshank83

Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:52 am

flyPIT wrote:
https://blueskypit.com/2019/04/18/south ... ss-travel/

Not really PIT related but this is the part that interests me. It seems like I have heard this a little more lately (codeshare part).

Will Southwest fly to Europe?
Maybe at some point. I think more likely is Southwest will codeshare with someone to carry our passengers to Europe.

flyPIT

Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:59 am

Flaps wrote:
With regard to the MAX related cutbacks its important to recognize that dropping a few long haul flights allows them to replace a number of short hauls. The aircraft time freed up from dropping the four segments on PIT-LAX/LAS would allow them to cover 4 to 6 segments each on shorter 1 to 1.5 hour routes. PIT-LAX/LAS going up against NK probably doesn't generate nearly the yield for WN that they could make on those 4-6 shorter haul segments per aircraft. I don't have the specific numbers but it doesn't take a crystal ball to figure that they are going to try to maximize yield and revenue while being forced to adjust to the MAX grounding.

......... which only makes the level of cuts at PIT even more disproportionate.

Glad to hear the third QR flight is going to happen.

Runway28L wrote:
Currently going through the domestic data from this past winter. Here's an early look at some noteworthy flights that were added or resumed:
F9 PIT-PBI
Nov 2018: 80%
Dec 2018: 76%
F9 PBI-PIT
Nov 2018: 85%
Dec 2018: 67%

G4 PIT-SJU: 64%
G4 SJU-PIT: 64%

UA PIT-LAS: 72%
UA LAS-PIT: 55%

Another decent market for F9 as far as LF's ....
While not great IIRC those SJU numbers are about 10 points higher than their first season, which was pre-hurricane no less.

Runway28L wrote:
Been awhile since we've heard anything from Southwest regarding PIT. It's nice to read that WN has taken notice of Pittsburgh's tech scene. It seems they are just waiting for the right opportunity to pull the trigger on any big splashes they would like to make.

Interesting to see SAN/SJC/SMF all hinted by Mr. Nealon in that piece. SAN is in my opinion the next logical add WN could make from PIT. I'm a little surprised that SJC was named and not OAK, but I can see why given San Jose's more ideal location for tech firms compared to Oakland. SMF is a bit of a stretch, but still fascinating to think about nonetheless.

Reading through the article more, it's clear that any plans for growth at PIT or other cities have taken a backseat while WN has built up California and launched Hawaii over the past few months like I've mentioned before. I think once all of that settles, plus the MAX grounding, let's see if WN eventually follows through with investing more into PIT. It would certainly be nice if they could boost their market share a bit.

I don't come away with the positive vibes you did from that article. To me it seems WN has a whole lotta nothing planned for PIT, and of course I hope I'm wrong.
FLYi

PITexpress

Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:31 pm

flyPIT wrote:
I don't come away with the positive vibes you did from that article. To me it seems WN has a whole lotta nothing planned for PIT, and of course I hope I'm wrong.

That was pretty much my take away from this article as well. It seems like they know they could add a few things here and there but really aren't actually planning to do much. Their priorities are elsewhere and it seems unlikely their focus will return to PIT. I'd still prefer some NE US connections like PHL/NYC/BDL/etc before anything else.

And with the WN cutbacks over the MAX issues, now would be a great time for F9 to try and pry some customers away. (Too late in the schedule, I'm sure) but it would be a great opportunity. Hopefully NK does well.

Runway28L

Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:06 pm

”911th Airlift Wing Takes on New Global Mission”

https://blueskypit.com/2019/04/19/911th ... l-mission/

Runway28L

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:56 pm

An-124 currently en route from SNN.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ADB2726

jsposaune

Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:37 pm

Runway28L wrote:
An-124 currently en route from SNN.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ADB2726

Any idea what time the A124 is scheduled to leave? Doesn’t look like he has a flight plan filed as of yet...

Runway28L

Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:11 pm

Just checked DL’s October schedule and PIT-ATL is dipping down to 8x daily, but the route is being upgraded to all-B739.

While subjected to change of course, September is looking like the end of the DL maddogs at PIT. Although MSP has 2x daily B712s alongside 1x B738 for October. DTW also has 1x daily B712 RON listed for that month as well.

Delta28L

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Anyone know why Delta brought in a 757 from Detroit and then flew it to Toronto this evening. There’s no penguins games to worry about and the pirates play at home tomorrow tonight.

tooluther

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:29 pm

Giants play in Toronto tomorrow after their stint at PNC this weekend.

JamesRenard

Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:50 am

ViaAir is temporarily reducing frequency on BHM-PIT from mid-May until the end of June - going from 4x to 2x weekly. Not a great sign considering the route only started 11 days ago...

flyPIT

Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:35 am

JamesRenard wrote:
ViaAir is temporarily reducing frequency on BHM-PIT from mid-May until the end of June - going from 4x to 2x weekly. Not a great sign considering the route only started 11 days ago...

That's better than nothing I guess. RDU and MOB were postponed completely until late June. A pilot shortage is blamed.

"“With regards to our existing service from Birmingham to both Austin and Pittsburgh, advance bookings are strong and are currently running higher than projected,” he said. “In fact, our initial experience in the Birmingham markets has been so favorable, we are accelerating our analysis of other potential markets to serve from Birmingham in the future.”"
https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingham/news/2019/04/24/via-airlines-to-postpone-flight-service-from-bhm.html

"The Revival of a Once-Bustling Airport"
https://www.governing.com/topics/transportation-infrastructure/gov-pittsburgh-international-airport.html
FLYi

ConcourseZ

Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:35 am

flyPIT wrote:
JamesRenard wrote:

That's better than nothing I guess. RDU and MOB were postponed completely until late June. A pilot shortage is blamed.

"“With regards to our existing service from Birmingham to both Austin and Pittsburgh, advance bookings are strong and are currently running higher than projected,” he said. “In fact, our initial experience in the Birmingham markets has been so favorable, we are accelerating our analysis of other potential markets to serve from Birmingham in the future.”"
https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingham/news/2019/04/24/via-airlines-to-postpone-flight-service-from-bhm.html

"The Revival of a Once-Bustling Airport"
https://www.governing.com/topics/transportation-infrastructure/gov-pittsburgh-international-airport.html

Nice article on PIT. But Turds Eye wants to kill it because a Democrat is being successful.

CaptainMidnight

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:17 pm

Runway28L wrote:
Just checked DL’s October schedule and PIT-ATL is dipping down to 8x daily, but the route is being upgraded to all-B739.

While subjected to change of course, September is looking like the end of the DL maddogs at PIT. Although MSP has 2x daily B712s alongside 1x B738 for October. DTW also has 1x daily B712 RON listed for that month as well.

Oh no, that is sad. I love the Mad Dogs.

Runway28L

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:52 pm

The Antonov brought in a large crane this week, not sure what it exactly was for. The aircraft is planned to depart on Sunday evening. Also, a Paradigm 757, N757SS, is parked at Atlantic after bringing the Arizona D-Backs in this week. 13th 757 ever built.

Anyway, it looks like G4 plans to start selling their own tickets on PIT-CUN. Here is what Midwestindy posted in the IND thread:

Midwestindy wrote:
G4 basically confirmed it will be flying IND-Mexico yesterday in their investor call...

“We're already flying charter work to Mexico. So operationally, it's not a leap to get from here to there. We're going to be selling in the same markets, we're already selling in.” (already operating charter work)

“So, and the nice thing where we're at now is we have most of them with customs access so we can do nonstop service, which is important. So, you're taking maybe an Indy, Cincinnati, and Pit (Pittsburgh), all these places where we're already at, it's just not a big leap to think that we can kind of sell that product.”
Last edited by Runway28L on Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delta28L

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:56 pm

Runway28L wrote:
The Antonov brought in a large crane this week, not sure what it exactly was for. The aircraft is planned to depart on Sunday evening.

Anyway, it looks like G4 plans to start selling their own tickets on PIT-CUN. Here is what Midwestindy posted in the IND thread:

Midwestindy wrote:
G4 basically confirmed it will be flying IND-Mexico yesterday in their investor call...

“We're already flying charter work to Mexico. So operationally, it's not a leap to get from here to there. We're going to be selling in the same markets, we're already selling in.” (already operating charter work)

“So, and the nice thing where we're at now is we have most of them with customs access so we can do nonstop service, which is important. So, you're taking maybe an Indy, Cincinnati, and Pit (Pittsburgh), all these places where we're already at, it's just not a big leap to think that we can kind of sell that product.”

There’s the shell gas plant up in beaver that’s under construction that has a bunch of big cranes in use. Do you know where the plane parked?

flightsimer

Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:28 pm

Delta28L wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
The Antonov brought in a large crane this week, not sure what it exactly was for. The aircraft is planned to depart on Sunday evening.

Midwestindy wrote:

There’s the shell gas plant up in beaver that’s under construction that has a bunch of big cranes in use. Do you know where the plane parked?

The plane has been at the cargo building by Atlantic since Sunday.

The Shell site has the worlds second largest moveable crane currently on site and some 30 other smaller ones as well.
Commercial / Airline Pilot

Runway28L

Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:08 pm

The Northeast is a complete mess today. Seeing numerous delays and cancellations to EWR/JFK/LGA/PHL/BOS/DCA/BWI. A couple of diversions from today as well:

NK266 A319 LAX-PHL
AA3533 E175 ORD-BWI
WN1456 B73W LAS-BWI
UA791 A320 ORD-LGA
DL5872 E170 IAH-LGA

Runway28L

Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:06 am

I just booked a trip on WN to MCO for the first week of August and due to circumstances with my trip, booking the flight was pretty difficult since the route appears to be only 3x daily. I swear I can remember the route having many more flights available a few years ago. Has WN ever been this low on PIT-MCO during the summer season?

flyPIT

Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:33 am

I think its always been 4-6 daily depending on season.
FLYi

JamesRenard

Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:50 pm

March 2019 passenger numbers are out, a 1.6% increase from last year. Domestic is up by 2%, while international is down by 14.8%.
http://www.flypittsburgh.com/getattachm ... lang=en-US

I'm pleasantly suprised, I was worried that passenger numbers would drop in the period between WOW leaving and BA starting. Can't wait to see what April's numbers will look like.

Delta28L

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:28 pm

AA5663 CLE-DCA diverted to PIT due to medical emergency

flyPIT

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:36 am

JamesRenard wrote:
March 2019 passenger numbers are out, a 1.6% increase from last year. Domestic is up by 2%, while international is down by 14.8%.

I'm pleasantly suprised, I was worried that passenger numbers would drop in the period between WOW leaving and BA starting. Can't wait to see what April's numbers will look like.

I think the summer months will be a drag on stats. The loss of CDG and KEF plus one reduction in weekly FRA flights, That's 13 weekly flights with aircraft that seat well over 200 pax; 4x weekly BA 787s will hardly put a dent in that. Then add in the F9 reductions and MAX groundings... I'll be happy if PIT breaks even.
FLYi

Delta28L

Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:06 am

Runway28L wrote:
The Antonov brought in a large crane this week, not sure what it exactly was for. The aircraft is planned to depart on Sunday evening. Also, a Paradigm 757, N757SS, is parked at Atlantic after bringing the Arizona D-Backs in this week. 13th 757 ever built.

Midwestindy wrote:

The Antonov plane left this evening around 1045 pm

flyPIT

Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:12 am

..... to Frankfurt HHN
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ADB307F/history/20190429/0011Z/KPIT/EDFH

It came from northern Italy, SNN most likely just a tech stop.
FLYi

Runway28L

Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:22 am

flyPIT wrote:
JamesRenard wrote:

I think the summer months will be a drag on stats. The loss of CDG and KEF plus one reduction in weekly FRA flights, That's 13 weekly flights with aircraft that seat well over 200 pax; 4x weekly BA 787s will hardly put a dent in that. Then add in the F9 reductions and MAX groundings... I'll be happy if PIT breaks even.

I was going to comment on this... I think PIT has a shot of breaking even. There is a lot of stuff that is going to be there that wasn’t in June/July 2018:

- First full summer of AS to SEA, BA to LHR
- First full June of DL to SLC and 5x daily BOS
- DL adding RDU
- G4 adding TYS
- AA adding capacity to ORD, LGA, and DCA
- UA adding more mainline to ORD
- UA and WN going 3x daily to DEN
- ViaAir

It could be challenging, but there’s a chance.

flyPIT wrote:
..... to Frankfurt HHN
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ADB307F/history/20190429/0011Z/KPIT/EDFH

It came from northern Italy, SNN most likely just a tech stop.

A friend sent me a video of it on climbout. That thing sounds like nothing else. Wish I could have heard it. :)

Runway28L

Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:49 pm

Looks like one of Republic's hangars will be repurposed for a robotics project involving CMU and the USAF.

https://blueskypit.com/2019/04/29/robot ... eSN4OnrpVs

ConcourseZ

Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:12 am

Runway28L wrote:
Looks like one of Republic's hangars will be repurposed for a robotics project involving CMU and the USAF.

Didn't know it is a 'former" Republic hanger. What happened there?
Great news for the robotics and AI industry here.

flightsimer

Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:55 pm

ConcourseZ wrote:
Runway28L wrote:

Didn't know it is a 'former" Republic hanger. What happened there?
Great news for the robotics and AI industry here.

It's likely the end bay that faces towards the IDS building.
Commercial / Airline Pilot

flyPIT

Wed May 01, 2019 10:36 am

Confirmation that the "Innovation Center" will be linked to the new terminal long term:
https://triblive.com/local/pittsburgh-allegheny/blasting-slated-at-pittsburgh-airport-innovation-campus-site/
FLYi

steeler83

Wed May 01, 2019 1:09 pm

I wonder if that means they will extend the moving walkway to the "Innovation Center" campus. I always thought it was silly to have the walkway just end in the middle of the parking lot. I was looking at google maps and observing what I believe is the Schiphol Airport development. It would be nice if they could model PIT after that!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Schipho ... ROCLCKObKM:

Google maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Amste ... d4.7682744
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

Runway28L

Thu May 02, 2019 7:10 pm

The new United livery will make its first appearance at PIT this Saturday, operating UA648 from DEN. I also received conformation earlier this week that it will indeed be here.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/N37267

Runway28L

Thu May 02, 2019 7:57 pm

And here we have our first A380 diversion of the year. AF54 (IAD-CDG) about to arrive.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/AF54

Delta28L

Thu May 02, 2019 7:58 pm

Runway28L wrote:
And here we have our first A380 diversion of the year. AF54 (IAD-CDG) about to arrive.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/AF54

Flying over downtown right now

Delta28L

Thu May 02, 2019 8:00 pm

BUF-DCA flight 6162
SWA2225
SWA494
SWA429
SWA2188
AA4483
AA5355
AA1167
DL3693
UA1633
F92822 all diverting as well due to weather over DC

steeler83

Thu May 02, 2019 8:34 pm

I saw the cluster of heavy thunderstorms right over DC. They're not moving very fast either! I suppose PIT could have been seeing a higher volume of diversions if the weather was more widespread, but it appears to be isolated to DC. We have fair skies here near Philly and up to New York...

Anyone with a camera in the vicinity of PIT to get a shot of the AF A380???
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

Delta28L

Thu May 02, 2019 8:34 pm

Delta28L wrote:
BUF-DCA flight 6162
SWA2225
SWA494
SWA429
SWA2188
AA4483
AA5355
AA1167
DL3693
UA1633
UA2305
UA316
F92822 all diverting as well due to weather over DC

flyPIT

Thu May 02, 2019 8:56 pm

Maybe 3rd time is the charm for properly handling an A380 diversion at PIT.

Ultimate Air Shuttle will be entering the PIT market offering seasonal scheduled weekend flights to Manassas, VA (HEF) with continuing service to Currituck County, NC (ONX, on the Outer Banks).
https://ultimateairshuttle.com/seasonal-flights/

Connecting flights are available to other OBX destinations from ONX:
https://outerbanksaircharters.com/currituck-flights/

Saturdays will be flown by a Do328 or E135, and Sundays with a J31.
I expect these flights will do very well considering the popularity of the OBX from Pittsburgh.
FLYi

Delta28L

Thu May 02, 2019 10:08 pm

flyPIT wrote:
Maybe 3rd time is the charm for properly handling an A380 diversion at PIT.

It’s parked out by the Air Force/private jet ramp.

Runway28L

Thu May 02, 2019 11:13 pm

steeler83 wrote:
I saw the cluster of heavy thunderstorms right over DC. They're not moving very fast either! I suppose PIT could have been seeing a higher volume of diversions if the weather was more widespread, but it appears to be isolated to DC. We have fair skies here near Philly and up to New York...

Anyone with a camera in the vicinity of PIT to get a shot of the AF A380???

The airport just put up some pics.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw-k8FQhOBu ... 9ppuganqfh

CaptainMidnight

Fri May 03, 2019 6:51 pm

Runway28L wrote:
I just booked a trip on WN to MCO for the first week of August and due to circumstances with my trip, booking the flight was pretty difficult since the route appears to be only 3x daily. I swear I can remember the route having many more flights available a few years ago. Has WN ever been this low on PIT-MCO during the summer season?

I noticed that too. Only Early morning, early afternoon, and evening.

I was also looking at BWI-MCO and WN has 8x flights.

Runway28L

Sat May 04, 2019 11:02 pm

Pics of the new UA livery stopping by today:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pitairpor ... 8408672294

A fourth 911th C-17 has now been based at PIT. Arrived late last night and is currently parked between the south apron and Atlantic.

Flaps

Sun May 05, 2019 2:26 am

Runway28L wrote:

A fourth 911th C-17 has now been based at PIT. Arrived late last night and is currently parked between the south apron and Atlantic.

I don't like that livery as much as I thought I would. I think maybe I'm just sick of that globe.

ConcourseZ

Sun May 05, 2019 2:39 am

Runway28L wrote:

Nice to see the winglets up close.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos