Blerg
Posts: 2003
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:48 am

aldrigsomandre wrote:
Blerg wrote:
dozerman wrote:
Indigo announced daily DEL-IST flights starting March 20th.

https://twitter.com/IndiGo6E/status/1088764668401860609
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1413969


This is the proposed schedule:

DEL-IST 13.40-18.10
IST-DEL 19.45-04.15

The late afternoon arrival to IST connects nicely onto the Middle East, Balkans and the rest of Europe.


I would be very surprised if this does not go double or triple daily very soon.


I don't think they could go triple daily until the bilateral is revised. I might be wrong though.
 
aldrigsomandre
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:30 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:59 am

Blerg wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:
Blerg wrote:

This is the proposed schedule:

DEL-IST 13.40-18.10
IST-DEL 19.45-04.15

The late afternoon arrival to IST connects nicely onto the Middle East, Balkans and the rest of Europe.


I would be very surprised if this does not go double or triple daily very soon.


I don't think they could go triple daily until the bilateral is revised. I might be wrong though.


Turkey desperately wants to revise the bilateral. So, they'd welcome an increase of frequency, which would allow them to argue for the expansion. Also, the TK cooperation gives them an upper hand. We'll see though.
 
MeCe
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:19 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:27 pm

Here is a raw video after strom in AYT. Never expected see heavy ground equipment thrown like this
https://www.facebook.com/10167555655843 ... 586736676/
 
edealinfo
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:58 pm

aldrigsomandre wrote:
Blerg wrote:
dozerman wrote:
Indigo announced daily DEL-IST flights starting March 20th.

https://twitter.com/IndiGo6E/status/1088764668401860609
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1413969


This is the proposed schedule:

DEL-IST 13.40-18.10
IST-DEL 19.45-04.15

The late afternoon arrival to IST connects nicely onto the Middle East, Balkans and the rest of Europe.


I would be very surprised if this does not go double or triple daily very soon.

If Turkish is limited by frequency to India, why couldn't it upgrade its two daily 777 flights to India via a dry or wet lease for an Airbus A380? Those leases must be really relatively cheap now.
 
gokmengs
Posts: 1169
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:59 pm

MeCe wrote:
Here is a raw video after strom in AYT. Never expected see heavy ground equipment thrown like this
https://www.facebook.com/10167555655843 ... 586736676/

Just logged on to share that video amazing how much equipment tugs belt loaders busses thrown to aircraft. I will check to see if a thread was started on this. Hope no major injuries, looks frightening.
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa
 
dozerman
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:40 pm

edealinfo wrote:
If Turkish is limited by frequency to India, why couldn't it upgrade its two daily 777 flights to India via a dry or wet lease for an Airbus A380? Those leases must be really relatively cheap now.


The current IST is not capable of regular A380 operations. Maybe that might become a possibility with the new airport, but I think TK actually wants to start more destinations in India rather than just increasing frequencies for DEL and BOM.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:33 am

I'm not sure about the current day practice: however, in the past India Civil Aviation and/or Airport Authorities wouldn't allow any 380 operations from the major Indian Airports like BOM or DEL. I don't know if this practice has been lifted.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
globetrotter94
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:05 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:39 am

mafaky wrote:
I'm not sure about the current day practice: however, in the past India Civil Aviation and/or Airport Authorities wouldn't allow any 380 operations from the major Indian Airports like BOM or DEL. I don't know if this practice has been lifted.


It has been lifted. Both SQ, LH do or have operated A380s in the past. Not sure about EK.
6E, 9W, AF, AI, B6, BA, BI, BR, CA, DN, GA, IC, JL, KL, KU, NH, QR, SQ, TG, TK*, UA, VS
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23424
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:17 am

juliuswong wrote:
Hi guys, recently my partner returned from Turkey using TK. Both flight in and out of KUL TK 60/TK61 were booked to the brim, overbooked as matter of fact. The A333 was awesome, loads of entertainment, and F&B was nice. They really need B77W for KUL as they are the sole operator since MH quits long time ago. He got me a copy of SkyLife, which I enjoyed reading. Any idea if I can get it as subscription? I know TK run a website for SkyLife with archive, I prefer hardcopy though.


If you live near the airport or downtown TK office they usually have copies.
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1629
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:13 pm

MeCe wrote:
Here is a raw video after strom in AYT. Never expected see heavy ground equipment thrown like this
https://www.facebook.com/10167555655843 ... 586736676/

Looks scary. The truck just narrowly missed a 737 engine. The Onur Air A321 is badly damaged though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtHMSUhH3BO ... cm4olp1zq1
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1629
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:14 pm

OA260 wrote:
juliuswong wrote:
Hi guys, recently my partner returned from Turkey using TK. Both flight in and out of KUL TK 60/TK61 were booked to the brim, overbooked as matter of fact. The A333 was awesome, loads of entertainment, and F&B was nice. They really need B77W for KUL as they are the sole operator since MH quits long time ago. He got me a copy of SkyLife, which I enjoyed reading. Any idea if I can get it as subscription? I know TK run a website for SkyLife with archive, I prefer hardcopy though.


If you live near the airport or downtown TK office they usually have copies.

Good idea! Shall drop by their downtown office to check it out.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4125
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:48 am

I am back from a quick vacation to the Caribbean and nice to see all the fresh news here, especially the one about the TK's 787 J seat selections.
Quick news from my trip. I flew out of LGA, and what an incredible sight to see a 30M year pax capacity airport is being operated side by side with full blown construction of new terminals. After seeing this I feel better about IST being open and construction going on for many years for its final completion. The situation at LGA is incredible; the roads leading to enter the terminals, inside the terminals, outside the terminals on tarmac.... pretty much everywhere except taxiways and runways are under construction, looks crazy.
By the way, I flew J on Delta and found it far ahead of the UA J product which I fly more regularly, even though both legs were on 20+ yrs old A320s. There were storms all over the East Coast yesterday and looking at turbulence.com there were advisories of severe turbulence at flight level 270-370 most of the SouthEast. We had to fly at 350 for a longtime being tossed around, but that didn't stop the FA's serving us a meal/drinks. Eventually near RDU we dropped down to 250 and the rest of the plane were allowed to use the restrooms and were served drinks/snacks. It was nice to fly at scenic 250 to LGA, with most of the time over 100mph tailwinds.
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:48 pm

Turkish Airlines has started to phase out Airbus A340. First one, famous TC-JDM, has already no titles.

https://twitter.com/AnalystTK/status/10 ... 9075201025
 
gokmengs
Posts: 1169
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:11 am

TK787 wrote:
I am back from a quick vacation to the Caribbean and nice to see all the fresh news here, especially the one about the TK's 787 J seat selections.
Quick news from my trip. I flew out of LGA, and what an incredible sight to see a 30M year pax capacity airport is being operated side by side with full blown construction of new terminals. After seeing this I feel better about IST being open and construction going on for many years for its final completion. The situation at LGA is incredible; the roads leading to enter the terminals, inside the terminals, outside the terminals on tarmac.... pretty much everywhere except taxiways and runways are under construction, looks crazy.
By the way, I flew J on Delta and found it far ahead of the UA J product which I fly more regularly, even though both legs were on 20+ yrs old A320s. There were storms all over the East Coast yesterday and looking at turbulence.com there were advisories of severe turbulence at flight level 270-370 most of the SouthEast. We had to fly at 350 for a longtime being tossed around, but that didn't stop the FA's serving us a meal/drinks. Eventually near RDU we dropped down to 250 and the rest of the plane were allowed to use the restrooms and were served drinks/snacks. It was nice to fly at scenic 250 to LGA, with most of the time over 100mph tailwinds.


Hope you had a great trip, LGA construction is on O/D and will make a difference, I think unfortunately new IST will be live and learn kind of thing and I'm hoping the mistakes will not be costly, eventually like everything here Turks will do what they do best and they will adapt. Once the move is made it will be ok after a while.
I agree with your opinion re UA vs DL, but I have a soft spot for DL I flew close to million miles with them, hard and soft product much better I recently flew both of them in 2.5 hour narrow bodies up front and transcon with WB aircraft and I liked DL on both.

Yakamoz wrote:
Turkish Airlines has started to phase out Airbus A340. First one, famous TC-JDM, has already no titles.

https://twitter.com/AnalystTK/status/10 ... 9075201025

If we let go of the romance and the place 340's have on TK history we all would agree that its way past its time, although I wouldn't mind a TK or Turkish Civil Aviation museum at the new airport with a freshly painted A340 as its centerpiece:)
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa
 
stylo777
Posts: 2674
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:38 pm

phase out is one thing (and probably long overdue when talking about TK 343´s); however, is there any airline taking up those birds?
Lufthansa still flies similar aged planes around the world.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4125
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:19 pm

stylo777 wrote:
phase out is one thing (and probably long overdue when talking about TK 343´s); however, is there any airline taking up those birds?
Lufthansa still flies similar aged planes around the world.

Interesting.
Just like I said, last week I flew with 2 x DL A320s, both were over 21 years old. And to the regular Joe on that plane, they thought the planes were brand new, since it had new interiors, LiveTV and such.
But there are already many 343, 345, 346s out there for sale in similar condition. Besides those 4 holers they are even 767s, 772s, 332s with probable better economics.
I think TK 343s are all paid for and if they are being phased out, that tells a lot :(
 
AkwaabaAir
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:25 pm

Thanks for the updates. I am saddened to see the departure of the A330-300 from the Dulles route. TK is my preferred non US-based airline and I am definitely not a fan of the 787 while flying economy (as a teacher, business class and higher is out of my price range). Dulles is the closest TK city to my home. I have not seen/found seat maps or other information about the cabin but I imagine it will be standard 787 cattle class....seating at 3-3-3 with a dismal width of 17in. I would love to see a return of TK's Comfort Class.
While I understand the science and mechanics of how it works, I cannot fully comprehend the beauty of it as I watch a plane gracefully leap heavenward.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:14 pm

TK787 wrote:
I think TK 343s are all paid for and if they are being phased out, that tells a lot :(

Indeed, they are!!! :razz:
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:18 pm

AkwaabaAir wrote:
Thanks for the updates. I am saddened to see the departure of the A330-300 from the Dulles route. TK is my preferred non US-based airline and I am definitely not a fan of the 787 while flying economy (as a teacher, business class and higher is out of my price range). Dulles is the closest TK city to my home. I have not seen/found seat maps or other information about the cabin but I imagine it will be standard 787 cattle class....seating at 3-3-3 with a dismal width of 17in. I would love to see a return of TK's Comfort Class.


I'm afraid that:
a) You'll have to wait until eternity for any Comfort/PE Class arrival (return) at TK. :(
b) Yes, regretfully the aft cabin on newTK 789's will be 3-3-3 abreast (so no doubt, it will be cattle class)! :banghead:
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
ankaraflyjet
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:34 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:32 am

Just checked in for my return direct flight from Ankara to London later today by TK, 100% full flight in Business and packed Economy, this route needs larger Business cabin and the frequency should increase from twice weekly to at least 4 weekly for now and daily in the summer timetable. What a missed opportunity for TK for not doing this flight for so long and LH taking advantage of that for many years. London was the busiest connecting traffic by LH on MUC ESB flights before that is why LH forced BMI to axe ESB LHR immediately after they bought BD in 2008. LH also caused OS to leave ESB VIE, SN to cease BRU ESB, LX (SR) to cease ZRH ESB etc.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing the new Istanbul Airport opening in March, all our connecting corporate travels avoid new IST airport for the entire month in March in case things mess up but we hope it will not.

Last but not least I agree with some of the members here that TK should reconsider bringing back the Comfort Class, it is a pity new a/c on order lack the cabin, at least three rows of Comfort Class would be sufficient three or four like in LH, AC, CX etc. TK will have to do this eventually...Initial effort was good but they spared too many rows for Comfort and fleet consistency issues made it not viable...
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23424
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:12 am

Comfort Class was a great product it is indeed a shame they let that go. Also the First Class Suites on the Jet Airways B777. Anyone remember those? I was lucky to fly it when it first launched. TK First was a great product.
 
gokmengs
Posts: 1169
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:15 pm

TK787 wrote:
stylo777 wrote:
phase out is one thing (and probably long overdue when talking about TK 343´s); however, is there any airline taking up those birds?
Lufthansa still flies similar aged planes around the world.

Interesting.
Just like I said, last week I flew with 2 x DL A320s, both were over 21 years old. And to the regular Joe on that plane, they thought the planes were brand new, since it had new interiors, LiveTV and such.
But there are already many 343, 345, 346s out there for sale in similar condition. Besides those 4 holers they are even 767s, 772s, 332s with probable better economics.
I think TK 343s are all paid for and if they are being phased out, that tells a lot :(

Having flown many years on DL aircraft with brand new interiors on frames over 20 years and older I know the concept very well. TK didn't update the interior and the 340's showed their age, obviously TK knew this and used the frames on specific routes.

OA260 wrote:
Comfort Class was a great product it is indeed a shame they let that go. Also the First Class Suites on the Jet Airways B777. Anyone remember those? I was lucky to fly it when it first launched. TK First was a great product.


I also loved the comfort close, there was no way it was going to be successful with that big of a cabin with that many seats, wonder if the decision makers are still working for TK? I am sure they still do. Hope comfort class comes back.
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4125
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:44 pm

IIRC, the Comfort Class was only on 12 airplanes, 77Ws. I rode it many times, sometimes paying $200 one-way upgrade during check-in.
Earlier this month, I read someplace that TK is considering a new J product to all Long Haul fleet. It will be different than the 1-2-1 seat plan on 787/350 fleet.
Am I dreaming? Anyone else heard about this?
 
Blerg
Posts: 2003
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:38 pm

Ethiopian delays IST launch from 04.03 to 01.04.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... pril-2019/
 
uzzzer
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:24 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:53 pm

Blerg wrote:
Ethiopian delays IST launch from 04.03 to 01.04.


Does this imply the probability of further delay of the move?
 
User avatar
TS-IOR
Posts: 3661
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2001 9:44 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:19 pm

Just heard that TK is starting Djerba DJE, Tunisia as of February 9 at the frequency of 4 times a week. Service will sure cater for the demand from Western Libya.
 
MeCe
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:19 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:06 pm

TK787 wrote:
IIRC, the Comfort Class was only on 12 airplanes, 77Ws. I rode it many times, sometimes paying $200 one-way upgrade during check-in.


Comfort class was correct but product was wrong. It took almost some cabin space like business; killed each other. They should do like every one else, 8 abreast, slightly large pitch (36-38 inch) will be much more succesfull. I remember many people try to resist about Mr Karlitekin about the product but he insist abut his dream.

TK787 wrote:
Earlier this month, I read someplace that TK is considering a new J product to all Long Haul fleet. It will be different than the 1-2-1 seat plan on 787/350 fleet.
Am I dreaming? Anyone else heard about this?


Yes I remember it too. Worried about again, will be there cacophony of configuration ?
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:22 pm

Comfort class was correct but product was wrong. It took almost some cabin space like business; killed each other. They should do like every one else, 8 abreast, slightly large pitch (36-38 inch) will be much more succesfull. I remember many people try to resist about Mr Karlitekin about the product but he insist abut his dream.


The argument is true, but that ex-Comfort Class details are a bit incorrrect. In those 12 77W's the business class was a tiny cabin just between 1L & 2L doors. 7 seats abreast (as today's) and 4 rows. Then started a huuge, long PE cabin with again 7 abreast 9 seats = 63 seats in total and if my memory serves me right, at 40" (or maybe 46") pitch. The one and only biggest PE cabin at it's time, closely but not totally rivalled by JAL's 77Ws. Indeed it was Mr. Karlıtekin's unrealistic dream and obstinacy!...
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
peterinlisbon
Posts: 1464
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:52 pm

What happened to TK's Marrakech flight? They announced they were starting the route, made tickets available, then suddenly put up the price to 900$ and then removed it from the booking engines. I really think Morocco needs more service - it's really overpriced and Casablanca is very inconvenient for reaching the south of the country.
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:18 pm

TS-IOR wrote:
Just heard that TK is starting Djerba DJE, Tunisia as of February 9 at the frequency of 4 times a week. Service will sure cater for the demand from Western Libya.
Never read about this? What is the source for that?
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23424
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:12 pm

A handy service from TK :

Image
 
dozerman
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:11 am

Looks like a few of the recently retired HA 767s are heading to SAW. What is the reason for this? Are they going through refurbs/maintenance/freighter conversion before going to a new owner (maybe from Turkey)?
The flights are routed GYR-BGR-SAW.

N580HA, N581HA already at SAW, N582HA is currently en route. I suppose N583HA might also follow, it is currently the only HA 767 left in storage at GYR.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n580ha
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n581ha
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n582ha

Would be interesting seeing all those Hawaiian tails in Istanbul (if they are still painted).
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:44 am

dozerman wrote:
Looks like a few of the recently retired HA 767s are heading to SAW. What is the reason for this? Are they going through refurbs/maintenance/freighter conversion before going to a new owner (maybe from Turkey)?
The flights are routed GYR-BGR-SAW.

N580HA, N581HA already at SAW, N582HA is currently en route. I suppose N583HA might also follow, it is currently the only HA 767 left in storage at GYR.

Would be interesting seeing all those Hawaiian tails in Istanbul (if they are still painted).


They are (should be) coming to SAW to be refurbished and for maintenance at MyTechnik facilities, but certainly not for freighter conversion. My guess is that all three (maybe four) of these are destined for a Russian Charter Carrier.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
UAEflyer
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:29 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:46 am

Is there any Airline that confirmed a dedicated lounge in the new airport ? in addition to the alliances lounges.
 
Fuling
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:41 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:07 am

UAEflyer wrote:
Is there any Airline that confirmed a dedicated lounge in the new airport ? in addition to the alliances lounges.


Surely EK will open a new lounge at the new airport. On that note, isn't EK the only airline (apart from TK) that has a dedicated lounge at the current IST? If so then I'd imagine the only airlines with lounges at the new airport to be TK and EK.
 
User avatar
HECA
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:35 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:47 am

Fuling wrote:
UAEflyer wrote:
Is there any Airline that confirmed a dedicated lounge in the new airport ? in addition to the alliances lounges.


Surely EK will open a new lounge at the new airport. On that note, isn't EK the only airline (apart from TK) that has a dedicated lounge at the current IST? If so then I'd imagine the only airlines with lounges at the new airport to be TK and EK.


I understand there will be a SkyTeam lounge? What about One World?
KL, LH, LX, BA, AF, TK, UX, TP, AZ, HV, SK, IB, WX, UA, AA, US, DL, AC, LA, KQ, MS, 4D, ZA, RJ, QR, EK, CX, HX, JL, SQ, MH, FY, MU, CA, TG, UL, FD, K6
 
stylo777
Posts: 2674
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:59 am

Fuling wrote:
UAEflyer wrote:
Is there any Airline that confirmed a dedicated lounge in the new airport ? in addition to the alliances lounges.


Surely EK will open a new lounge at the new airport. On that note, isn't EK the only airline (apart from TK) that has a dedicated lounge at the current IST? If so then I'd imagine the only airlines with lounges at the new airport to be TK and EK.

SkyTeam has a lounge just accross EK's lounge.
Apart from that, there are many airport and partner lounges (mostly banks).
 
ramzi
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:04 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:35 pm

stylo777 wrote:
Fuling wrote:
UAEflyer wrote:
Is there any Airline that confirmed a dedicated lounge in the new airport ? in addition to the alliances lounges.


Surely EK will open a new lounge at the new airport. On that note, isn't EK the only airline (apart from TK) that has a dedicated lounge at the current IST? If so then I'd imagine the only airlines with lounges at the new airport to be TK and EK.

SkyTeam has a lounge just accross EK's lounge.
Apart from that, there are many airport and partner lounges (mostly banks).


Not anymore. It is now the Comfort II lounge, a fourth and yet equally dismal priority pass lounge. I don't know if SkyTeam will find it worth while to open up a dedicated lounge at the new airport, OneWorld might be more likely, perhaps via QR.
There will come a time when you believe everything is finished - that will be the beginning.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:07 pm

UAEflyer wrote:
Is there any Airline that confirmed a dedicated lounge in the new airport ? in addition to the alliances lounges.


At this stage, both EK and/or One World may not find it feasible to set up their lounges in the present 1st Terminal. Because they all are aware of (in officially) they will be exiled to the secondTerminal im say 4 to 5 years' time and the present Terminal will be dedicated to TK (and perhaps TK & Star Alliance partners). For this longish transition period, other airlines may be inclined to use an IGA Lounge if this may be a well equipped and operated one. And with the 2nd Terminal in service, this IGA Lounge may either vanish or will be a payed-entry lounge. Don't really know if there will be any payed-entry lounge in the first Terminal other than this IGA Lounge.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4125
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation - January 2019

Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:15 pm

Please continue here: Turkish Aviation February 2019

*Moderators, if you could please archive this thread, since I've started a new one. Thank you.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos