Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

whywhyzee

Re: United Airlines introducing "hourly" service between EWR-LHR/DCA and growing DEN

Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:39 am

airbazar wrote:
ScottB wrote:
Makes sense in a transatlantic JV. A widebody transatlantic aircraft probably contributes a lot more revenue/profit than chasing after connections on a narrowbody via FRA/MUC.

Still no *A on what is arguably the second largest TATL market from LHR: BOS. Lost opportunity IMO.

Last year, BOS was the 8th largest TATL market from LHR. Not to mention it isn't a star hub on either end.

ericm2031

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:33 am

adamblang wrote:
@AirlineFlyer @united will begin retrofitting E145s with new seats soon. Lots of RJ love at UA these days. #UnitedFlightPlan #PaxEx

I gasped at this one. That's a huge improvement.

I'm not sure the state of the E145 seats, but to me the streaming IFE is an even bigger deal. If only they'd do the same to the CRJ200s.

adamblang

Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:38 am

ericm2031 wrote:
adamblang wrote:
@AirlineFlyer @united will begin retrofitting E145s with new seats soon. Lots of RJ love at UA these days. #UnitedFlightPlan #PaxEx

I gasped at this one. That's a huge improvement.

I'm not sure the state of the E145 seats, but to me the streaming IFE is an even bigger deal. If only they'd do the same to the CRJ200s.

It sounds like ERJ-145 IFE was a misstatement:
@WandrMe Hmmm....Correcting the UA twitter account, Enqvist walks back the streaming IFE comment about the E145s. Oopsie. #PaxEx #UnitedFlightPlan

So that's a bummer.

LGeneReese

Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:30 pm

SFOtoORD wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
CHICAGO (Reuters) - United Airlines (UAL.O) wants to sunset older Boeing Co (BA.N) 757s “as soon as possible” but the timing will depend on when the Boeing 737 MAX starts flying again, Chief Operating Officer Andrew Nocella told journalists on Friday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-unit ... X425N?il=0

Was there a pre-MAX grounding timetable for 757 retirements put out by united?

United’s Airbus salesperson must be pretty excited. Those A321LRs are looking better every day this MAX issue goes on.

That would depend on quick delivery would it not? Is that possible.

adamblang

Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:42 pm

LGeneReese wrote:
SFOtoORD wrote:
United’s Airbus salesperson must be pretty excited. Those A321LRs are looking better every day this MAX issue goes on.

That would depend on quick delivery would it not? Is that possible.

Given the size of the fleet United would likely be ordering, a United A321LR order would likely warrant a rate increase of +1 to +3 frames per month. Excluding the lead time necessary to ramp up the supply chain for that increase, United could probably have its aircraft whenever it wanted.

freeze3192

Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:34 pm

First E145 in the new livery has left AMA.

N16147 operated by CommutAir flew AMA-ALB yesterday. Heavily filtered photo on commutair’s Instagram page
"A passenger bets his life that his pilot is a worthy heir to an ancient tradition of excellence and professionalism."

quiet1

Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:09 pm

SFOtoORD wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
CHICAGO (Reuters) - United Airlines (UAL.O) wants to sunset older Boeing Co (BA.N) 757s “as soon as possible” but the timing will depend on when the Boeing 737 MAX starts flying again, Chief Operating Officer Andrew Nocella told journalists on Friday.

I haven't been following the 737-Max situation, but doesn't the software issue only apply to the Max8 and Max9, i.e. that the Max10 has no issue? Are the Max10's (going to be?) grounded as well?

GmoneyCO

Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:12 pm

A319:
N876UA - Listed on UA.com as having power in all-rows.  Looks like all A319 inductions going-forward will have power installed in all-rows.  
N877UA - ex-China Southern scheduled for test-hop on 27-Oct/2690 and then will begin ferry flights to US for paint on 28-Oct/2693

Note: I spot checked a few of the A319s that have had the 12F mod completed and all are still limited to power in rows 1-21.  One of the "media" day announcements was that nose-to-tail power was coming to all aircraft without it sans aircraft slated for near-term retirement.  Can anyone confirm if the power mods have been quietly completed as part of the 12F mod or will be included going forward?

73G:
N7714B - Delivery of the first ex-Southwest 737-700 has occurred. Plane to be re-registered as N13755 in the future after induction work. Delivered to GYR on 25-Oct/2715

United1

Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:02 pm

quiet1 wrote:
SFOtoORD wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

I haven't been following the 737-Max situation, but doesn't the software issue only apply to the Max8 and Max9, i.e. that the Max10 has no issue? Are the Max10's (going to be?) grounded as well?

All MAX aircraft have MCAS so all would be affected by the grounding. The grounding should be over long before UA was scheduled to take delivery of its first -10.
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

calpsafltskeds

Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:08 pm

Great catch, GmoneyCO.
Re the 319s. The Amenities section of the converted 319s (excluding N876UA) isn't updated yet as 12F isn't shown, so maybe the power isn't updated either.

SFOtoORD

Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:12 pm

quiet1 wrote:
SFOtoORD wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

I don’t think the MAX 10 can replace the 757 on the TATL routes.

LGeneReese

Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:43 pm

SFOtoORD wrote:
quiet1 wrote:
SFOtoORD wrote:

I don’t think the MAX 10 can replace the 757 on the TATL routes.

The Max10 will specifically replace the PW powered 75s used for transcon PS service. The RR 75s on TATL will be replaced at some future point with.... something else... :stirthepot:

intotheair

Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:27 am

The CRJ-550 virtual tour is now live.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/tr ... J-550.html

As far as the "new" CRJ goes, I'm slightly surprised that they went with purple for the E+ seats. On every other fleet type, E+ is a darker blue, and PP is purple.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN

jplatts

Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:05 am

FSDan wrote:
jayunited wrote:
UA is really making a push to appeal to business travelers in smaller cities and towns. For years UA has ignored this market but is now realizing business travelers in smaller cities are part of the keys to DL success in the domestic market. UA is tackling this on 2 fronts upguaging aircraft but also deploying the more comfortable CRJ550.

:checkmark: MSN is a great example of this. It's a lucrative market where the business travel had been dominated by DL for a long time, but UA is making a real play for business travelers by adding MSN-SFO/LAX, upgauging to more mainline on ORD/DEN flights, and now sending CR5s from ORD (and probably EWR in short order if I had to guess).

UA could add MSN-IAD nonstop service since (a) IAD is the only remaining UA hub that UA doesn't currently serve nonstop from MSN, (b) there is some government travel between MSN and DC with MSN being located in the capital city of Wisconsin, and (c) UA already serves IAD nonstop from ORD, CVG, CLE, CMH, DAY, DTW, GRR, IND, MCI, MSP, and STL in the Midwest.

There are also some other destinations in the Midwest such as DSM, FWA, MKE, OMA, SBN, and ICT that UA could add nonstop service to out of IAD.

adamblang

Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:56 am

jplatts wrote:
UA could add MSN-IAD nonstop service since (a) IAD is the only remaining UA hub that UA doesn't currently serve nonstop from MSN, (b) there is some government travel between MSN and DC with MSN being located in the capital city of Wisconsin, and (c) UA already serves IAD nonstop from ORD, CVG, CLE, CMH, DAY, DTW, GRR, IND, MCI, MSP, and STL in the Midwest.

There are also some other destinations in the Midwest such as DSM, FWA, MKE, OMA, SBN, and ICT that UA could add nonstop service to out of IAD.

Given the silver line from IAD into downtown DC is supposed to be complete Q3 2020, I wonder if we'll see a flurry of new routes announced from IAD to airports within 1250 miles. DCA will always be closer to the city, but DCA's rail connection to the city is a massive advantage over IAD. Having lived in Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, when I've had to fly to Washington, I've never even bothered looking at flights into IAD. There is no cost or itinerary difference that would convince me to give up DCA's rail connectivity. But with the silver line completing and opening, suddenly IAD is a lot more attractive as an O&D airport.

Runway28L

Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:38 am

Anyone happen to know if the Republic E170s/E175s are slated for new paint anytime soon?

77H

Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:11 am

jplatts wrote:
FSDan wrote:
jayunited wrote:
UA is really making a push to appeal to business travelers in smaller cities and towns. For years UA has ignored this market but is now realizing business travelers in smaller cities are part of the keys to DL success in the domestic market. UA is tackling this on 2 fronts upguaging aircraft but also deploying the more comfortable CRJ550.

:checkmark: MSN is a great example of this. It's a lucrative market where the business travel had been dominated by DL for a long time, but UA is making a real play for business travelers by adding MSN-SFO/LAX, upgauging to more mainline on ORD/DEN flights, and now sending CR5s from ORD (and probably EWR in short order if I had to guess).

Small correction. UA doesn’t serve MSN from IAH either.
Additionally, I over the summer I saw that SFO-MSN was supposed be upgauged to mainline (319) sometime this month. When I checked the schedules more recently I only saw the E75 service. Perhaps it was postponed due to the shortage of NB aircraft resulting from the MAX grounding.

77H

LGeneReese

Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:22 am

A320 N423UA UA2739 AMAIAH 27OCT 2nd in EvoBlu. Hope they will send next one into AMA sooner this time.

jplatts

Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:50 am

adamblang wrote:
jplatts wrote:

Given the silver line from IAD into downtown DC is supposed to be complete Q3 2020, I wonder if we'll see a flurry of new routes announced from IAD to airports within 1250 miles. DCA will always be closer to the city, but DCA's rail connection to the city is a massive advantage over IAD. Having lived in Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, when I've had to fly to Washington, I've never even bothered looking at flights into IAD. There is no cost or itinerary difference that would convince me to give up DCA's rail connectivity. But with the silver line completing and opening, suddenly IAD is a lot more attractive as an O&D airport.

There are actually some residents in DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia who do fly nonstop to destinations within the DCA perimeter on UA out of IAD, even some who live closer to DCA or BWI.

There are also some destinations within the DCA perimeter such as ATL, BOS, ORD, DFW, FLL, IAH, MCO, and TPA that have significant O&D demand from IAD, even with all 8 of these destinations already having nonstop service out of DCA and BWI in addition to IAD.

VC10er

Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:42 pm

Great news about the 737 fleet. Frankly I find UA’s 73G’s to be ok. It is the 737-800 that really frustrates me. First, they are so pervasive with 141 frames, the dullest interiors, the WORST First Class seat ever. About 5/6 months ago I went to Miami for the weekend. On the way down from EWR it was a 737-800, the return was a newly refurbished (used) A319. The entire 360 experience on that beautiful “factory fresh-looking” A319 stood in such stark difference from the 738, it really felt as if I flew 2 different airlines of entirely different levels of quality. I am sure doing anything significant to 141 aircraft wouldn’t be cheap, but the current inconsistency really bugs me. The 737-900 is not quite as bad, and the pmUA A319/20, ironically looks similar enough to the brand new narrow body interior that I think the average flier would not really notice.

As for the big media event; I follow United on LinkedIn. A year ago anything United posted regarding something new and good, there were many, many negative or cynical comments. Today if United posts something (like the introduction of the new CRJ-550 with a little video, or “Her Art Here” or the truly great video for “AVIATE”) virtually all the comments are very positive. It simply “feels” like after so many difficult years- United has finally turned that corner and is becoming a far stronger and likable brand!
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

calpsafltskeds

Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:55 pm

789:
N36962 (2015 delivery) entered VCV 2731/26Oct, probably new livery - 3rd 789 for re-paint after their deliveries that started in 2014 - First to get Globe Evolution

splitterz

Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:01 pm

jplatts wrote:
FSDan wrote:
jayunited wrote:

I’d like to see OMA get IAD service. Unlikely however due to WN and DL flying nonstop to DCA from there.

joeljack

Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:21 pm

splitterz wrote:
jplatts wrote:
FSDan wrote:

I’d like to see OMA get IAD service. Unlikely however due to WN and DL flying nonstop to DCA from there.

100% agree! I’ve been waiting for OMA-IAD for 17 years! I’m still hopeful but with new elite status program, my 17 years of loyalty to United no matter what the price is ending so this won’t be as helpful to me as it would have been.

LGeneReese

Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:20 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
789:
N36962 (2015 delivery) entered VCV 2731/26Oct, probably new livery - 3rd 789 for re-paint after their deliveries that started in 2014 - First to get Globe Evolution

Hopefully for real this time, and not just minor touch ups.. :crossfingers:

splitterz

Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:21 pm

joeljack wrote:
splitterz wrote:
jplatts wrote:

100% agree! I’ve been waiting for OMA-IAD for 17 years! I’m still hopeful but with new elite status program, my 17 years of loyalty to United no matter what the price is ending so this won’t be as helpful to me as it would have been.

I'm sorry that change is driving you away from United. Might've even handled your bag when I worked for United in OMA!

cjg225

Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:40 pm

intotheair wrote:
The CRJ-550 virtual tour is now live.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/tr ... J-550.html

As far as the "new" CRJ goes, I'm slightly surprised that they went with purple for the E+ seats. On every other fleet type, E+ is a darker blue, and PP is purple.

Well, if I remember, I can let everyone know this evening how it rides.

I immediately came here because I just got a text from United for my flight from ABE to ORD at 5:30pm, and the text said that I'd be flying on the new CRJ-550. I haven't been keeping up with developments lately, so the first words out of my mouth were, "What the hell is a CRJ-550?"
Restoring Penn State's transportation heritage...

UAinAUS

Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:27 pm

UAX Update:

CR2:
N924SW exited the fleet, stored

CR7:
N152GJ exited service, at STL awaiting CR5 mod
N156GJ exited service, at STL awaiting CR5 mod

CR5:
N501GJ service entry 28Oct
N168GJ exited AMA with new livery
N172GJ entered AMA for paint

E175SC:
N611UX entered revenue service with ExpressJet 27Oct
N613UX entered revenue service with ExpressJet 27Oct

LGeneReese

Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:52 pm

Ah, that’s why mainline painting has slowed down. Forgot AMA is also busy with UaX painting... :idea: :flamed: Anyone know how many aircraft they can paint there at one time? Given the WBs are going to VCV I presume they have little or no suitable space for them.

Never mind... stupid me just realized could look it up myself.
https://iac.aero/iac_locations/amarillo-texas/
Last edited by LGeneReese on Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VC10er

Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:02 pm

Question about the “NEW” CRJ-550: Did United just retrofit CRJ-700’s they already had? Or did they buy brand new ones? Or a mix? Every article in the mainstream news, reads as “United’s brand new airplane that nobody else has” - they do explain that is extremely unusual to rebrand an airplane based on how it’s configured, but no article I’ve read mentions anything about “converting”
When all totaled, is the fleet count 54?
Also: why wouldn’t they use these CRJ-550’s out of SFO or IAH? I can think of many routes to other United hubs. OR, does every planned 550 route be a town/small city with a big corporation?
Thanks zillions!

Midwestindy

Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:29 pm

VC10er wrote:
Also: why wouldn’t they use these CRJ-550’s out of SFO or IAH? I can think of many routes to other United hubs. OR, does every planned 550 route be a town/small city with a big corporation?
Thanks zillions!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... all-cities

"United plans to take on a fleet of 54 CRJ-550s into 2021, and is targeting an initial 26 markets with the plane, growing over time to as many as 35."

"The goal of the new jet is to connect international passengers who prefer to fly first class all the way from home, say if they live in Grand Rapids, Michigan, or Tulsa, Oklahoma, and not just when they board their connecting flight at a United hub"

The East coast/Midwest makes sense for a roll-out of this product: CAK-Goodyear, XNA-Walmart, CVG-P&G, GRR-Meijer, MSN-Epic Systems, CID-Collins, e.t.c, e.t.c

You don't really see that concentration on the west coast
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

airplanedriver6

Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:46 pm

VC10er wrote:
Question about the “NEW” CRJ-550: Did United just retrofit CRJ-700’s they already had? Or did they buy brand new ones? Or a mix? Every article in the mainstream news, reads as “United’s brand new airplane that nobody else has” - they do explain that is extremely unusual to rebrand an airplane based on how it’s configured, but no article I’ve read mentions anything about “converting”

Yup, they are just existing CRJ700s with new interiors and a new FAA certificate magically making them CRJ550s. They are artificially limited in seating capacity and weight to comply with the pilot contract as 50-seat RJs. Apparently UAL would rather have the 70/76-seat market covered with EMB170/175s.

77H

Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:54 pm

airplanedriver6 wrote:
VC10er wrote:

Yup, they are just existing CRJ700s with new interiors and a new FAA certificate magically making them CRJ550s. They are artificially limited in seating capacity and weight to comply with the pilot contract as 50-seat RJs. Apparently UAL would rather have the 70/76-seat market covered with EMB170/175s.

That said, UA will be retaining CR7s in the Regional fleet with OO and YV I believe.

Does anyone know how many CR7s UA ultimately plans to retain ?

77H

FSDan

Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:53 am

77H wrote:
jplatts wrote:
FSDan wrote:

:checkmark: That's arguably the bigger hole in UA's network ex-MSN in my opinion, since MSN has nonstops to EWR for transatlantic connections and ORD for connections to many smaller markets in the Eastern U.S., but doesn't have any connections on UA to a large chunk of Latin America.

77H wrote:
Additionally, I over the summer I saw that SFO-MSN was supposed be upgauged to mainline (319) sometime this month. When I checked the schedules more recently I only saw the E75 service. Perhaps it was postponed due to the shortage of NB aircraft resulting from the MAX grounding.
77H

Are you sure you weren't looking at schedules during Epic's UGM week in August? There are lots of one-off upgauges and additional segments that week for the annual conference.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

cjg225

Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:17 am

One of the first things I noticed about the CRJ550 this evening... no electrical outlets. At least not in Economy Plus. Thought that was odd, especially if they went through the trouble of completely redoing the interior for this.

atrude777

Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:22 am

cjg225 wrote:
One of the first things I noticed about the CRJ550 this evening... no electrical outlets. At least not in Economy Plus. Thought that was odd, especially if they went through the trouble of completely redoing the interior for this.

The E175 doesn’t have it either in their fleet. Least there’s consistency? Hahaha

Only Express aircraft that has power outlets are the 175 in First Class. Not even E+ has it. It would be great!

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

VC10er

Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:49 am

That’s shocking that there isn’t any power at every seat today. I know they will mostly be short flights, but still! This is a hand held gadget world we live in!

I will be interested to see the fares if you only book a trip from X to EWR/ORD, especially the difference between F and Y!

UAinAUS

Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:14 am

The CRJ-550s are destined for in-seat power. Once there are enough converted to cover all routes plus spares, the fleet will rotate out for in seat power nose to tail. I believe some will enter service with the power and others will be pulled once they can be.

KFTG

Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:39 am

A couple new shots in the database. That ERJ looks great!

VC10er

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:17 am

UAinAUS wrote:
The CRJ-550s are destined for in-seat power. Once there are enough converted to cover all routes plus spares, the fleet will rotate out for in seat power nose to tail. I believe some will enter service with the power and others will be pulled once they can be.

Great news! I don’t want to be greedy but a regular socket PLUS a USB port would be fantastic! Someone mentioned many posts before, that the black plastic ones are very difficult to see if the outlet is under the seat. I have had the same issue in the past.

Sorry that I’m always asking questions, but this order for 35 new CRJ-700’s (now 550’s) - how well were CRJ-700’s sales & orders prior to UA’s large order?

VC10er

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:36 am

Midwestindy wrote:
VC10er wrote:
Thanks zillions!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... all-cities

"United plans to take on a fleet of 54 CRJ-550s into 2021, and is targeting an initial 26 markets with the plane, growing over time to as many as 35."

"The goal of the new jet is to connect international passengers who prefer to fly first class all the way from home, say if they live in Grand Rapids, Michigan, or Tulsa, Oklahoma, and not just when they board their connecting flight at a United hub"

The East coast/Midwest makes sense for a roll-out of this product: CAK-Goodyear, XNA-Walmart, CVG-P&G, GRR-Meijer, MSN-Epic Systems, CID-Collins, e.t.c, e.t.c

You don't really see that concentration on the west coast

Thanks for this. Bloomberg was not one of the news outlets I read. And your insight regarding the number of large corporate entities is probably right. The east coast and throughout the Midwest are very heavily populated with large HQ’s.

IMHO, I think this CRJ-550 interior looks beautiful, and it thrills me no end to see United embracing style and design like never before! I’m looking forward to pouring my own coffee at the First Class snack bar. I’m hoping Stroopwaffles will be there too!

Boeing12345

Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:18 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
789:

Shows only getting wing upper surface repair and paint with an ETR of Nov 5th. Other 787's have had similar repair earlier.

cjg225

Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:22 pm

UAinAUS wrote:

Good to know for the future, in the unlikely event I fly UA more. Only booked these flights because I was traveling specifically to Chicago, so there was no sense in taking DL as I normally would.

Comfortable seats, though. And the whole mid-plane baggage storage was actually kinda nice. I originally was going to try to put my roller bag into the overhead, but I gave up before I got to my row and decided that since I was only 2 rows behind the storage lockers and I could see the storage lockers easily that I'd just leave my bag there and pick it up on the way out. Pretty convenient. I think it'll take time for people to figure out the best configuration, though; I put my bag in on its side to save space, but not everyone did. The locker is also deep enough that if you slide the first bags all the way to the back that you can put another bag perpendicular to those bags in front of them and grab 1 more spot out of the shelf in the locker.

It's been like 2 months, but I am pretty sure I ponied up for First Class on my return trip, so if I'm on a CRJ550 again I'll get to see what the whole self-service food bar is like. I should've taken a photo of it on my way into the plane but I didn't think to start snapping some pics on my phone until I was already in my seat. (EDIT: Just checked. I did get First Class for the return flight, so Wednesday afternoon I'll get to see what the CRJ550 First Class is like).

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:01 pm

The fleet updates, fleet status, and repaint status posts at the start of this thread have been updated.

✈️ atcsundevil

adamblang

Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:15 pm

VC10er wrote:
Sorry that I’m always asking questions, but this order for 35 new CRJ-700’s (now 550’s) - how well were CRJ-700’s sales & orders prior to UA’s large order?

They're not new airplanes. They're conversions – physical refits, not sales order paper conversions – from existing CRJ-700s.

77H

Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:24 pm

FSDan wrote:
77H wrote:
jplatts wrote:

:checkmark: That's arguably the bigger hole in UA's network ex-MSN in my opinion, since MSN has nonstops to EWR for transatlantic connections and ORD for connections to many smaller markets in the Eastern U.S., but doesn't have any connections on UA to a large chunk of Latin America.

77H wrote:
77H

Are you sure you weren't looking at schedules during Epic's UGM week in August? There are lots of one-off upgauges and additional segments that week for the annual conference.

The upgauge was supposed to happen this month. If I remember correctly, sometime in August SFO-MSN went 2x daily, 1 morning departure and 1 red eye out of SFO. Flew the red eye once and it was great. It was then supposed to drop back down to 1x daily but upgauge to a 319. However, once it dropped to 1x daily it never upgauged.

I’ll dig around my computer to see if I can find that schedule.

77H

Judge1310

Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:38 pm

cjg225 wrote:
UAinAUS wrote:

Good to know for the future, in the unlikely event I fly UA more. Only booked these flights because I was traveling specifically to Chicago, so there was no sense in taking DL as I normally would.

Comfortable seats, though. And the whole mid-plane baggage storage was actually kinda nice. I originally was going to try to put my roller bag into the overhead, but I gave up before I got to my row and decided that since I was only 2 rows behind the storage lockers and I could see the storage lockers easily that I'd just leave my bag there and pick it up on the way out. Pretty convenient. I think it'll take time for people to figure out the best configuration, though; I put my bag in on its side to save space, but not everyone did. The locker is also deep enough that if you slide the first bags all the way to the back that you can put another bag perpendicular to those bags in front of them and grab 1 more spot out of the shelf in the locker.

It's been like 2 months, but I am pretty sure I ponied up for First Class on my return trip, so if I'm on a CRJ550 again I'll get to see what the whole self-service food bar is like. I should've taken a photo of it on my way into the plane but I didn't think to start snapping some pics on my phone until I was already in my seat. (EDIT: Just checked. I did get First Class for the return flight, so Wednesday afternoon I'll get to see what the CRJ550 First Class is like).

Excellent, enjoy the ride!

Just for clarification, the self-serve bar is not meant to indicate that the FA will not be serving F-class. The FA will still serve F as normal (hand-delivered drinks and meals/heavy snacks) and will then use the trolley to serve Economy. The point of the snack centre is that whilst the FA is occupied with serving Economy, the customers in F can, at will, walk up and refresh their beverage and/or pick up another snack. The only restriction is that the FA has to refresh alcoholic beverages which can be done when they return from the back,

cosyr

Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:19 pm

Judge1310 wrote:
cjg225 wrote:
UAinAUS wrote:

Excellent, enjoy the ride!

Just for clarification, the self-serve bar is not meant to indicate that the FA will not be serving F-class. The FA will still serve F as normal (hand-delivered drinks and meals/heavy snacks) and will then use the trolley to serve Economy. The point of the snack centre is that whilst the FA is occupied with serving Economy, the customers in F can, at will, walk up and refresh their beverage and/or pick up another snack. The only restriction is that the FA has to refresh alcoholic beverages which can be done when they return from the back,

A logical tactic, as I assume being a 50 seat aircraft, they will reduce from 2 down to 1 FA.

snuggs28

Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:29 pm

N518UA 75K sked for TUP. Flight 2748-29 Fleet Exit Over 27800 cycles and just shy of a 100K flight hours Well done 5318!

N676UA 76C in LCQ for Paint. First 767 to get the EVO Globe paint or whatever your calling it.

danipawa

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:38 am

Boeing 737 -76N 32679 1514 N7714B United Airlines delivery 25oct19 PAE-GYR, for paint ex N126AT

source: https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=3

codc10

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:39 am

snuggs28 wrote:
N676UA 76C in LCQ for Paint. First 767 to get the EVO Globe paint or whatever your calling it.

I caught it on departure this afternoon from EWR as UA2750 and noted LCQ as destination, so I'm glad to see confirmation of the repaint... some of those 763s are looking pretty rough on the outside so a fresh coat will be welcomed!