Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

codc10

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:20 pm

jayunited wrote:
intotheair wrote:
UA was in LOS for several years but dropped it a few years ago because they somehow lost the ability to collect money from Nigerian point of sale. I don’t know if that’s changed or not.

I’d love to see a longer season or year round EWR-CPT as something different. I’d like to go there someday, though from here in SFO, the EWR connection for me doesn’t appear to be much better than DL through ATL to JNB or the many options through Europe.

Next year EWR-CPT will begin 6 weeks earlier than this year, on October 25, 2020, however as it stands right now it will still operated only 3x weekly and I'm not sure when the season will end in 2021 but I think it is safe to asme the season would end around March 29, 2021. I think there is a chance this route could go daily next season while retaining its seasonal service if the inaugural season is a smashing success. Those hoping for year round service I think it's still a few years away although there have been other routes that we've seen go from seasonal to year around fairly quickly (SFO-DEL comes to mind).

Looking at LOS if things have changed and UA is able to collect money on Nigerian point of sale tickets I think we might see UA return on this route. I don't know if it would be IAH-LOS or EWR-LOS.

Keeping the focus on Africa for the moment I would like to see UA launch service to JNB, and CAI. The last two which I know have even less of a chance of being launched would be seasonal service to NRO and perhaps even CMN.

CMN is definitely on the radar for A321XLR service.

cosyr

Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:08 pm

intotheair wrote:
ual763 wrote:
x1234 wrote:
Looks like EWR-CPT is a winner. Is there any hope for UA to launch service to LOS & JNB (both served by Delta), the 2 biggest African markets currently not served by UA?

While JNB would be cool for sure, I just don’t think it will happen next. If United opened up EWR-JNB, it would hurt fellow SA member SAA who operates the flight out of JFK. I would think if it were to happen, United would simply ask SAA to move it’s operation to JNB over to EWR from JFK. I don’t think there is enough demand for both airlines in the same alliance to operate it in the NYC metro.

LOS would be a good choice, but personally, I think we will see Cairo (or possibly even Marrakech) started first.

I don’t think UA can do that. That would be a violation of antitrust laws. UA and SA don’t have any kind of antitrust immunity or joint venture, so they can’t coordinate schedules or prices. They can codeshare, and I think they probably already do, but they would need regulatory approval if they wanted to do anything more than that. Airlines that are in the same alliance but have no ATI or JV are effectively competitors.

I don't think it would rise to the level of anti trust problems. Alliance partners are more than just competitors, and they regularly change routes to support codesharing. If UA just asked SA if they wanted to set up a code sharing agreement for transiting passengers, that would only work if they were at the same airport for connections. They would not be profit sharing, which is the only reason they would need antitrust immunity. As far as schedules, partners work hard to coordinate schedules, or connections would not work.

GoldenArgosy2

Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:50 pm

VC10er wrote:
FlyGuy27 wrote:
Does anyone have photos of the refreshed 752 interiors? I think they're a great ride EWR-SFO/LAX, but they were getting unacceptably ratty on the inside.

I was on one in First about 4/5 weeks ago. I cannot recall if it was a transcontinental route or Denver...I “think” I took pics!

Hoping that you find those or someone else would upload the pics. Just really curious to see a more modern interior than the circa 1991 CO style.

GmoneyCO

Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:27 pm

snuggs28 wrote:
snuggs28 wrote:
flight152 wrote:
Really? All that for parts?

Not just 1. All 6 320's coming from Vueling...

Can't wait to see how the Easy Jet A319's will be integrated. Those have CFM Engines. All other's have the IAE's.

N2910U no longer going to TUP. Now will head to GYR for Storage. Unknown as to why. May have something to do with the continued Max shutdown. We have a couple of retired 320's in GYR. Could possibly swap interiors out. Depending on what type of Heavy Check this aircraft will need. Un-routed right now in CLE.

Swapping the interiors out and integrating the Vueling aircraft into the fleet makes logical sense to me given their age unless they have a really high number of cycles on them.

calpsafltskeds

Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:17 am

752:
N14107 sked to exit MIA 2741/19Dec in new 16/160 configuration

UAinAUS

Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:22 am

UAX Update:

CR5:
N502GJ entered revenue service with GoJet
N535GJ entered revenue service with GoJet
N549GJ entered revenue service with GoJet

Total 17 units in fleet now

fun2fly

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:08 am

N671UA 763 Hi J Polaris test hop scheduled in HKG Monday.

VC10er

Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:15 pm

GoldenArgosy2 wrote:
VC10er wrote:
FlyGuy27 wrote:
Does anyone have photos of the refreshed 752 interiors? I think they're a great ride EWR-SFO/LAX, but they were getting unacceptably ratty on the inside.

I was on one in First about 4/5 weeks ago. I cannot recall if it was a transcontinental route or Denver...I “think” I took pics!

Hoping that you find those or someone else would upload the pics. Just really curious to see a more modern interior than the circa 1991 CO style.

I hate to break it to you, but if I do find the pics I took you wouldn’t see really ANYTHING new looking! Not upon entering First with all the Diamond seat back shells being EXACTLY the same, the black rectangular panel that the TV monitors are on. THE ONLY thing you “might” see is that the 2 bulkheads 5-6 rows up is tan instead of blue, and the Polaris metal plaque.
If I walked up to the cockpit door/galley/lav area and took a picture of the empty cabin “MAYBE” you’d notice the different blue of the seat upholstery?!?
REALLY, ALL IT IS: is that everything looks new and not old, scuffed and with scratches...which you’d really only notice once your bum is in the seat! Rather than a squished foot rest cushion, it’s now new looking. The seat shell in front of you won’t have scratches or scuffs. (One time I last year the curved blue-grey seat shell in front of me had about a 4 inch long scratch or something and “maintenance” painted over it (with what seriously looked like blue-grey nail polish) It was a 96.5% matching blue-grey paint but off color just enough that it was SO OBVIOUSLY painted over: poorly! I could see the brush strokes! (I think the actual scratch would have actually been better)
One time I was at the window, the side wall comes down but stops about 20 inches from the floor. Then there is a CO blue panel with about 6 horizontal vents, the run the length of the whole bottom of the side wall. Anyway, at MY seat the vented panel was MISSING and fully exposed were a few ropes of multi-colored wires with a band around them every 4-5 inches, 2 pipes that were covered, one with metallic foam insulation and the other with dark grey foam insulation with twist ties holding the foam insulation on the pipe and amber glue everywhere else!!! IT ACTUALLY LOOKED DANGEROUS!!!
I called an FA over to see it. He said “I really apologize for that but the panel is clearly missing, if we call maintenance they may find one to cover it, but I’m afraid it will delay us. I promise that there isn’t a safety issue, but it’s inexcusable and I will report it, you should not have to see all that!

So, it is really “nothing” other than UA must have found enough NEW LOOKING Diamond seats, changed the upholstery and new Polars warm grey/tan wallpaper on the bulkheads and the plaque. New carpeting. SPOTLESSLY CLEAN! But no real changes.
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

ual763

Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Over on APF, one of the pilots ran into Kirby at SFO flight ops. According to him, Kirby stated they were planning on adding 11 new European (or possibly North African) destinations when he new A321XLR arrives. The North African bit is exciting to me! Does the 321 XLR have the legs to do EWR-CAI? Or would it most likely be NW Africa, such as Marrakech, Casablanca, etc.?

Anyways, the full thread is here:
https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/unit ... notes.html

Some interesting tidbits!
From flying to the NOTAM office

calpsafltskeds

Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:05 pm

319:
N878UA, Ex CZ B-2294 sked first revenue flight 1622/20Dec
N2910U, ex Vueling EC-LQL sked to enter GYR 2707/21Dec for storage and/or induction

772:
N223UA entered XMN 2734/19Dec for maint

intotheair

Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:35 pm

Thanks for sharing the 752 pics. Looks like a nice facelift of the seats and bulkheads, but the rest of that plane still looks tired.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN

LGeneReese

Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:38 pm

78J
N14011.... Delayed B1 finally occurred today. But can it be delivered before B holiday shutdown now?

splitterz

Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:41 pm

United just announced that they extended MAX cancellations out of the schedule until June 4th.

danipawa

Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Airbus A320 -232 1749 N2910U United Airlines delivery 18-20dec19 OSR-KEF-CLE-TUP, for part-out & scrap ex EC-LQL

https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb.main?LC=nav4

DC8FanJet

Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:43 pm

As noted above, this plan has changed, aircraft will now ferry to GYR tomorrow (12/21), unknown future

xxcr

Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:57 pm

ual763 wrote:
Over on APF, one of the pilots ran into Kirby at SFO flight ops. According to him, Kirby stated they were planning on adding 11 new European (or possibly North African) destinations when he new A321XLR arrives. The North African bit is exciting to me! Does the 321 XLR have the legs to do EWR-CAI? Or would it most likely be NW Africa, such as Marrakech, Casablanca, etc.?

This would be an aggressive growth plan for UA. We might even see daily flights to the seasonal cities that UA serves.

How many airlines offer non-stop from the east coast to the northern africa?

notconcerned

Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:24 pm

xxcr wrote:
This would be an aggressive growth plan for UA. We might even see daily flights to the seasonal cities that UA serves.

How many airlines offer non-stop from the east coast to the northern africa?

If East Coast includes YUL, then I count 6: AA (to CMN), AC (to CMN/ALG), AH (to ALG), AT (to CMN), TU (to TUN), MS (to CAI).
Last edited by notconcerned on Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jayunited

Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:17 pm

splitterz wrote:
United just announced that they extended MAX cancellations out of the schedule until June 4th.

The number of flights removed from UA's schedule from the time the MAX was grounded late March 2019 until June 4, 2020 now stands at over 26,000 flights.

With no end in sight to this grounding I'm surprised WN agreed to a partial settlement with Boeing, From what I'm hearing UA will demand compensation but they will not discuss it until this situation is resolved because as we can see the fallout and the impact to our schedule continues so any discussions with Boeing would be premature.

calpsafltskeds

Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:06 pm

The numbers are pretty amazing. With the range of the 752 being 3900nm and A321XLR being 4700nm, UA (from EWR) would be on in the area of diversions at about 4258, which is 800nm farther than EWR-TXL, which was the defacto longest 752 TATL range UA operated. Of course, it would make sense to pull that back a bit, especially during winter as TXL had winter diversions.

So, if 4000nm is considered as a reasonable maximum range, it would include everything listed below (and closer) to EWR assuming runways are long enough and without obstructions:
Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy north of Naples, Sardenia, Corsica, Algeria, Morocco, Azores, Finland.
On the edge would be
Belgrade, Naples, Palermo, Freetown (Sierra Leone), Minsk, St. Petersburg
I don't think these would cut it:
Monrovia (Liberia), Cairo, Bucharest

The 321LXR should also be able to do routes as longer or longer than ORD-HNL and much of South America. Interesting it the 321XR might be able to do ORD-HNL without weight restrictions when a 772A could be weight restricted.

RyanairGuru

Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:15 pm

cosyr wrote:
intotheair wrote:
ual763 wrote:

While JNB would be cool for sure, I just don’t think it will happen next. If United opened up EWR-JNB, it would hurt fellow SA member SAA who operates the flight out of JFK. I would think if it were to happen, United would simply ask SAA to move it’s operation to JNB over to EWR from JFK. I don’t think there is enough demand for both airlines in the same alliance to operate it in the NYC metro.

LOS would be a good choice, but personally, I think we will see Cairo (or possibly even Marrakech) started first.

I don’t think UA can do that. That would be a violation of antitrust laws. UA and SA don’t have any kind of antitrust immunity or joint venture, so they can’t coordinate schedules or prices. They can codeshare, and I think they probably already do, but they would need regulatory approval if they wanted to do anything more than that. Airlines that are in the same alliance but have no ATI or JV are effectively competitors.

I don't think it would rise to the level of anti trust problems. Alliance partners are more than just competitors, and they regularly change routes to support codesharing. If UA just asked SA if they wanted to set up a code sharing agreement for transiting passengers, that would only work if they were at the same airport for connections. They would not be profit sharing, which is the only reason they would need antitrust immunity. As far as schedules, partners work hard to coordinate schedules, or connections would not work.

Even if it's little more than a formality the airlines cannot co-ordinate schedules (or much else) without anti-trust immunity. It's one thing to codeshare on existing flights, it's another for two competitors to align their schedules, which by its nature is inherently anti-competitive.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

jayunited

Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:57 pm

ual763 wrote:

This confirms what Kirby stated here at Willis Tower, I posted some of what he said following the A321XLR announcement although the number of flights has come down.

Another tidbit I found interesting in the post on airlinepilotforums.com was the bit about UA and Asia. It would seem for the time being UA is done growing in China (which is expected) but is still looking to grow elsewhere in Asia that is a bit of good news for our Asia operations. But what really caught my eye was his comments about SQ being our biggest competitor in Asia. That comment really demonstrates how important Singapore (the destination) has become. While at the same time it also reveals a lot about the state of UA's relationship (or lack thereof) with SQ. Unfortunately UA at this time does not have the right aircraft to fully combat SQ nonstop from the U.S. and from Kirby's comments it doesn't seem as though UA is all that interested in exploring a closer relationship with SQ.

The rumor mill has been going for some time about Asia growth, I wonder where in Asia does Kirby and UA see opportunity to grow UA's presence and from which hub. Although UA is planning to add more gates at SFO does that include the international terminal? UA is stretching the international terminal to its limits as it is.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:41 pm

Can everyone see this image ?

You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:42 pm

You are here.

codc10

Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:51 pm

CALTECH wrote:

Success! Nice to see some more branding elements. Hopefully it’s not too much trouble for you to upload the entire set. Thank you for sharing!!

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:22 pm

You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:23 pm

Closet is gone at 2R....

You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:24 pm

You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:25 pm

You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:26 pm

You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:26 pm

You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:27 pm

You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:28 pm

You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:32 pm

You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:32 pm

You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:34 pm

You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:44 pm

#6684 Last June.......

Polaris goes all the way back to the overwing exit......

Last edited by CALTECH on Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:45 pm

You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:45 pm

You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:46 pm

Last edited by CALTECH on Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:47 pm

You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:47 pm

You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:48 pm

You are here.

N649DL

Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:07 am

GoldenArgosy2 wrote:
VC10er wrote:
FlyGuy27 wrote:

IIRC, even before the interior deck out photos posted (look very nice BTW) the seat covers were switched out to leather from the CO style seat covers in Y. IIRC, not in F though.

Any idea why they decided not to replace the ceiling panels like DL did during the interior mods? Serious question as some of the older "Song" interiors received ceiling modifications that are now retired and delivered in the mid-1980s. I can understand the overhead bins not being extended as I always nearly hit my head on the DL 757 extensions (when opening after landing) and they always seem like are having alignment and opening / closing issues.

MIflyer12

Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:15 am

calpsafltskeds wrote:
The numbers are pretty amazing. With the range of the 752 being 3900nm and A321XLR being 4700nm, UA (from EWR) would be on in the area of diversions at about 4258, which is 800nm farther than EWR-TXL, which was the defacto longest 752 TATL range UA operated. Of course, it would make sense to pull that back a bit, especially during winter as TXL had winter diversions.

So, if 4000nm is considered as a reasonable maximum range, it would include everything listed below (and closer) to EWR assuming runways are long enough and without obstructions:
Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy north of Naples, Sardenia, Corsica, Algeria, Morocco, Azores, Finland.
On the edge would be
Belgrade, Naples, Palermo, Freetown (Sierra Leone), Minsk, St. Petersburg
I don't think these would cut it:
Monrovia (Liberia), Cairo, Bucharest

The 321LXR should also be able to do routes as longer or longer than ORD-HNL and much of South America. Interesting it the 321XR might be able to do ORD-HNL without weight restrictions when a 772A could be weight restricted.

But no, not EWR-CAI.

ual763 wrote:
Over on APF, one of the pilots ran into Kirby at SFO flight ops. According to him, Kirby stated they were planning on adding 11 new European (or possibly North African) destinations when he new A321XLR arrives. The North African bit is exciting to me! Does the 321 XLR have the legs to do EWR-CAI?

wn676

Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:53 am

CALTECH wrote:

I had a chance to fly the 76L ORD-EWR a few months ago on an equipment swap, and was lucky enough to be upgraded...into 18L with no window. You can really appreciate the size of the cabin from that vantage point though.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

RTWin10

Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:02 am

CALTECH wrote:
joeljack wrote:
One request, can we PLEASE do separate network and fleet threads for United next year! This thread has been a disaster of 80 different topics being discussed at the same time!

Exactly.

Totally agree. Why can American have separate threads? Maybe our insiders should withhold updates until the moderators change it back. :duck: :box:

grayshoe73

Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:12 am

UA FLT 2762 N785UA en route SFO-XMN. Next Polaris/PE induction?

VC10er

Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:16 am

codc10 wrote:
CALTECH wrote:

Success! Nice to see some more branding elements. Hopefully it’s not too much trouble for you to upload the entire set. Thank you for sharing!!

Yes, the first thing an average person flying in First Class (not us aviation freaks) is they might notice is the new branding plaque as they turn left. While the flat walls (bulkheads) and galley walls have been re-wallpapered, I’m unsure if the average person will automatically think “THE BLUE-GREY is gone!” It’s only the 752 where pax enter and turn right for economy and left for First. The picture from CALTECH is the one I did NOT get. But it would potentially be the one angle where you will notice “change” with the new upholstery.

Here is the rub: United did not really change the “look” dramatically, what they did was make it look as new and clean as when CO launched the Diamond seat. Which IMHO is fine, the day will come when UNITED will have a new and innovative transcon hard product. That day is about 4/5 years from now and UA simply could not change the same kind of fares as the competition with a First/Polaris cabin that looked like it was once a play area for 200 rabid Raccoons. I would vote “yes” on adding 3/4 rows of PE just after turning right, because whether flying transcon or TATL, it is a nice mid point product (even if the front is Diamond and not true Polaris)

Thanks for the pictures! (BTW: the picture of the bulkhead that is half dark blue and half silver is a newly refurbished used A319/20? The thing that’s hard to see in the picture is the pattern made of the little negative space from the “Globe-in-Box” which is subtle but nice- with the new Domestic First Class seats and new bins etc, it’s a very simple but tailored classy look.
Question: when UA changed the F seats on the 753, did they go all the way and and install the new interior design? Change the lavatories?

If I had 1 thing to complain about it would be the NB blankets. They must be the #1 cheapest blanket an airline can order in bulk. Really thin like a “Handy Wipe”, the flame retardant material must be a woven plastic thread and doesn’t work if you feel cold. IMHO, if UA’s stated goal is to be the #1 choice for business fliers even if its a 3 hour A319 flight or 737-800, then F must leapfrog any other domestic airline, down to the smallest details.

VC10er

Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:51 am

dmstorm22 wrote:
VC10er wrote:
N649DL wrote:

It's definitely not the best terminal in the NYC area. T-4 at JFK with DL has it's ills but it's at least newer and there's proper lounge facilities and doesn't feel nearly as cramped in the gate areas. I'm not a huge fan of T-4 because of long walks, but for DL it's a better facility than UA at Terminal C at EWR. Everything relating UA at EWR always seems "Under Construction." They doubled down on the new Polaris Lounge and not enough space for regular folks to use the other lounge options within the terminal. UA bit their tongue on that one I'm assuming.

Plus, go outside and inside and look into the core base of T-C and you'll realize that being inside T-B is far superior. Upstairs is totally dated. T-C gets a pass out of convenience, not quality.

I NEVER said EWR TC was the best in the NYC metro area! I said (in my experience-and I am truly not trying to brag but I fly on average 150,00+ miles a year for business, mostly UA, but not exclusively) MY SINGLE POINT: “of the OLD LARGE refurbished terminals , TC it is “one of the best ones I’ve experienced)

I was the one who said it, so he was responding to me.

I stand by it, and I have flown out of T4 in JFK many times - especially prior to it becoming a defacto Delta hub terminal (and still after, most recently on JFK-JNB last November). As I said, I stand by it. T4 at JFK to me is a bit too overcrowded - has the same smallish corridors (especially that giant B concourse), the walk to RJ flying can be gruesome, and the catering options outside the lounge is fine, but I personally think TC has it beat.

Anyway, to each his own.

This EWR TC conversation was actually timely for me. I am currently bouncing around Europe for business and the day before yesterday I had to fly out of Barcelona to get a Vueling flight to Vigo, Spain. FIRST QUESTION: how old this the Barcelona airport? At least gates A & B to one side and D & F to the other? It has a very large, very new looking Departures/check-in lobby, very high ceiling and multiple airline check-in counters and machines. It looks like a “NEW build” not a renovated “OLD” Treminal. (And when I say “new” I don’t mean 6 months ago, but perhaps built within the past 10 years. After security you walk into a massive oval shaped “mall” of Duty Free shops, Restaurants, and other retail, tons of seating in the middle and very full of people. The “way finding” signs are not that easy to see with all the VISUAL NOISE going on, from Burger King signs and STARBUCKS, ETC, and Christmas decor. Barcelona and T3 at LHR made me realize why I like EWR TC! After Security at EWR TC you are not assaulted with a CROWDED MALL “FIRST” - it’s a wide common sense hall with EASY to read giant TV monitors for departures, a big broad, 30ft tall window of airplane tails, and EASY signs to follow. All the retail and restaurants are there, but you are not thrust into it FIRST! Once the United Club situation is fixed, the public restrooms redone, it is such an EASY terminal! And as for long walks, my God, getting to my gate was a crazy long walk, on and off of moving sidewalks etc.
United has a great European Gateway out of NYC!

VC10er

Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:50 am

wn676 wrote:
CALTECH wrote:

I had a chance to fly the 76L ORD-EWR a few months ago on an equipment swap, and was lucky enough to be upgraded...into 18L with no window. You can really appreciate the size of the cabin from that vantage point though.

My first flight on the High J 763 was last weekend to EWR/LHR, I was truly flabbergasted at the size of Polars. I was in seat 5L (fwd window) but I stepped into row 1 as Polaris was empty when I boarded. It is arguably HALF the length of the 763. It was a full flight once everyone boarded. I took a walk through when we leveled off. I have never seen an aircraft like it inside! After Polaris was a full PE with most folks asleep and comfortable looking, then when I opened the curtain to Economy: WOW, so small!!

NO DOUBT that nobody but “us” would know that she was anything other than a brand new airplane!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos