Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

VC10er

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:13 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
The numbers are pretty amazing. With the range of the 752 being 3900nm and A321XLR being 4700nm, UA (from EWR) would be on in the area of diversions at about 4258, which is 800nm farther than EWR-TXL, which was the defacto longest 752 TATL range UA operated. Of course, it would make sense to pull that back a bit, especially during winter as TXL had winter diversions.

So, if 4000nm is considered as a reasonable maximum range, it would include everything listed below (and closer) to EWR assuming runways are long enough and without obstructions:
Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy north of Naples, Sardenia, Corsica, Algeria, Morocco, Azores, Finland.
On the edge would be
Belgrade, Naples, Palermo, Freetown (Sierra Leone), Minsk, St. Petersburg
I don't think these would cut it:
Monrovia (Liberia), Cairo, Bucharest

The 321LXR should also be able to do routes as longer or longer than ORD-HNL and much of South America. Interesting it the 321XR might be able to do ORD-HNL without weight restrictions when a 772A could be weight restricted.

I have 2 thoughts/Questions!

If the A321XLR has a good size “Polaris-like” flat bed cabin, PE and then Y+ & Y, would she be a bit lighter than if she was an all Y LLC? Or would the seats add back the weight from a lower pax count?

Can she make EWR to GRU or GIG or VCP?
(I presume GRU is already well covered, but I recall RG’s day flight. If the seat is comfy it’s not a bad way to go vs the red eye! Leave in the am, arrive for a late dinner at your hotel, go to your meeting fresh the next day.)
She’s a good size to open a possible NYC/GIG nonstop, or VCP to connect to Azul to “anywhere!”
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

ryanflyer

Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:27 pm

VC10er wrote:
wn676 wrote:
CALTECH wrote:
Polaris goes all the way back to the overwing exit......

I had a chance to fly the 76L ORD-EWR a few months ago on an equipment swap, and was lucky enough to be upgraded...into 18L with no window. You can really appreciate the size of the cabin from that vantage point though.

My first flight on the High J 763 was last weekend to EWR/LHR, I was truly flabbergasted at the size of Polars. I was in seat 5L (fwd window) but I stepped into row 1 as Polaris was empty when I boarded. It is arguably HALF the length of the 763. It was a full flight once everyone boarded. I took a walk through when we leveled off. I have never seen an aircraft like it inside! After Polaris was a full PE with most folks asleep and comfortable looking, then when I opened the curtain to Economy: WOW, so small!!

NO DOUBT that nobody but “us” would know that she was anything other than a brand new airplane!

I also flew EWR-LHR on the 76L this week. I really enjoyed the product they have up front, though it felt like a massive Polaris cabin. I always think it feels more private when the cabins are split up. Does anyone know if all the Polaris seats have the same dimension? I’ve flown the 76L and 763 and for some reason, I don’t remember my feet hitting the end of the foot well in the 763, but it was quite a few inches too short for me on the 76L. Great flight though

LGeneReese

Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:16 pm

77W
N2250U C1 20DEC “Ready for Delivery”
It would be neat if this one and N12010 delivered the same day.

calpsafltskeds

Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:03 pm

752:
N14120 entered MIA 2753/19Dec, fully expect 16/160 config

772:
N785UA entered XMN 2762/20Dec, fully expect Polaris/PP

codc10

Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:14 pm

UA didn't go with the pivot bin mods on the 752 because retirements will likely start within the next 4-5 years and the kit is expensive, I believe in the ballpark $1m for a 757. Delta densified its 757s up to ~199 seats, so it really needed the additional overhead bin volume to accommodate the bags of more Y pax, and it did the work a few years ago, so there would be more time to recoup the capital investment. As for the 753s, I don't think there is a pivot bin mod certified for it.

The Y seats are all-new as is the entertainment system. Are the lavs new or just refurbished? If the latter is the case, I wonder if those for the first ship were pulled off the w/o N26123?

VC10er

Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:29 pm

codc10 wrote:
UA didn't go with the pivot bin mods on the 752 because retirements will likely start within the next 4-5 years and the kit is expensive, I believe in the ballpark $1m for a 757. Delta densified its 757s up to ~199 seats, so it really needed the additional overhead bin volume to accommodate the bags of more Y pax, and it did the work a few years ago, so there would be more time to recoup the capital investment. As for the 753s, I don't think there is a pivot bin mod certified for it.

The Y seats are all-new as is the entertainment system. Are the lavs new or just refurbished? If the latter is the case, I wonder if those for the first ship were pulled off the w/o N26123?

752 lavatory? It has been refurbished not replaced, but they did a pretty good job, especially the sink, counter, under sink cabinets and splasboard. If I’m not mistaken, they may have added new shelves for the bottles of SUNDAY RIELY stuff, face spray, lotions and I noticed United added a new bottle of a spray stain remover (in case a ravioli tumbles down your shirt!) new wallpaper. STILL BLUE WATER AND METAL FLAPPER IN THE TOILET!

codc10

Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:47 pm

VC10er wrote:
STILL BLUE WATER AND METAL FLAPPER IN THE TOILET!

That definitely won't change...

Scarebus34

Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:07 pm

VC10er wrote:
calpsafltskeds wrote:
The numbers are pretty amazing. With the range of the 752 being 3900nm and A321XLR being 4700nm, UA (from EWR) would be on in the area of diversions at about 4258, which is 800nm farther than EWR-TXL, which was the defacto longest 752 TATL range UA operated. Of course, it would make sense to pull that back a bit, especially during winter as TXL had winter diversions.

So, if 4000nm is considered as a reasonable maximum range, it would include everything listed below (and closer) to EWR assuming runways are long enough and without obstructions:
Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy north of Naples, Sardenia, Corsica, Algeria, Morocco, Azores, Finland.
On the edge would be
Belgrade, Naples, Palermo, Freetown (Sierra Leone), Minsk, St. Petersburg
I don't think these would cut it:
Monrovia (Liberia), Cairo, Bucharest

The 321LXR should also be able to do routes as longer or longer than ORD-HNL and much of South America. Interesting it the 321XR might be able to do ORD-HNL without weight restrictions when a 772A could be weight restricted.

O
I have 2 thoughts/Questions!

If the A321XLR has a good size “Polaris-like” flat bed cabin, PE and then Y+ & Y, would she be a bit lighter than if she was an all Y LLC? Or would the seats add back the weight from a lower pax count?

Can she make EWR to GRU or GIG or VCP?
(I presume GRU is already well covered, but I recall RG’s day flight. If the seat is comfy it’s not a bad way to go vs the red eye! Leave in the am, arrive for a late dinner at your hotel, go to your meeting fresh the next day.)
She’s a good size to open a possible NYC/GIG nonstop, or VCP to connect to Azul to “anywhere!”

But it won’t. It’s going to have 170 seats, so same size business cabin as the 757

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:02 pm

RTWin10 wrote:
Totally agree. Why can American have separate threads? Maybe our insiders should withhold updates until the moderators change it back. :duck: :box:

It isn't about who can and can't have separate threads. As I've explained several times before, the threads were combined because there was a huge amount of duplication in discussion, which makes having multiple threads pointless and cumbersome. They were combined into one thread this year as an experiment to find an easier way to share information in one place, and to have more free-flowing discussion — that's why United has one thread and the others have two. Some users like it combined, others don't, but now we know. Again, as I already said in this thread a couple of days ago, we will be going back to two threads for next year, but users can expect off topic discussion to be moderated more strictly than it has been in this thread this year. Discussion unrelated to the fleet will be removed from the fleet thread, and discussion unrelated to the network will be removed from the network thread. This creates a lot more work for us, but if that's what users want, then that's what we'll do. This thread has had very little moderation this year, which I assumed would be the preference, but apparently that isn't the case.

As for withholding updates — I post updates every week with the help of calpsafltskeds on my own volition. It was my idea to create the update posts at the start of this thread as a service to users. This is the only thread in which I do this for, and no other moderators currently provide a similar service for other threads. While I understand you're likely joking (or at least half joking), I don't really appreciate the insinuation that we're somehow on a different side, because it leads to a contentious environment in an otherwise productive thread. Calpsafltskeds spends a lot of time creating those updates, and I've spent quite a bit of time posting them (50 times this year already). I don't think either of us intend to stop regardless of how the threads are delineated. I enjoy participating and contributing here, and the decisions that have been made were in the interests of the group of users who regularly participate here. I certainly wasn't trying to upset anyone, I just wanted to see if there was a better way of doing things.

cosyr

Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:51 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
RTWin10 wrote:
Totally agree. Why can American have separate threads? Maybe our insiders should withhold updates until the moderators change it back. :duck: :box:

It isn't about who can and can't have separate threads. As I've explained several times before, the threads were combined because there was a huge amount of duplication in discussion, which makes having multiple threads pointless and cumbersome. They were combined into one thread this year as an experiment to find an easier way to share information in one place, and to have more free-flowing discussion — that's why United has one thread and the others have two. Some users like it combined, others don't, but now we know. Again, as I already said in this thread a couple of days ago, we will be going back to two threads for next year, but users can expect off topic discussion to be moderated more strictly than it has been in this thread this year. Discussion unrelated to the fleet will be removed from the fleet thread, and discussion unrelated to the network will be removed from the network thread. This creates a lot more work for us, but if that's what users want, then that's what we'll do. This thread has had very little moderation this year, which I assumed would be the preference, but apparently that isn't the case.

As for withholding updates — I post updates every week with the help of calpsafltskeds on my own volition. It was my idea to create the update posts at the start of this thread as a service to users. This is the only thread in which I do this for, and no other moderators currently provide a similar service for other threads. While I understand you're likely joking (or at least half joking), I don't really appreciate the insinuation that we're somehow on a different side, because it leads to a contentious environment in an otherwise productive thread. Calpsafltskeds spends a lot of time creating those updates, and I've spent quite a bit of time posting them (50 times this year already). I don't think either of us intend to stop regardless of how the threads are delineated. I enjoy participating and contributing here, and the decisions that have been made were in the interests of the group of users who regularly participate here. I certainly wasn't trying to upset anyone, I just wanted to see if there was a better way of doing things.

And we appreciate all the work you guys do to keep this database up. I completely understand why the single thread experiment was explored, but as much cross talk is inevitable in either thread, I think the 2nd largest airline in the world has enough to discuss to keep different subjects apart. I am happy that they will be two discussions again, because I personally only participated in the fleet side, rather than the route discussion most of the time.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:47 pm

cosyr wrote:
And we appreciate all the work you guys do to keep this database up. I completely understand why the single thread experiment was explored, but as much cross talk is inevitable in either thread, I think the 2nd largest airline in the world has enough to discuss to keep different subjects apart. I am happy that they will be two discussions again, because I personally only participated in the fleet side, rather than the route discussion most of the time.

That's fair enough — it was worth a try, but obviously there have been mixed results, so I have no problem admitting that things haven't worked out the way I'd hoped. It's been difficult to tell how popular/successful updating the posts at the start of this thread have been, but I hope that at the very least it's been a useful resource for some folks. I realize that it's hard to sift through these big discussions to find relevant information, so it was an attempt to find a remedy that's hopefully been more successful than combining the threads.

SonomaFlyer

Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:58 am

I have no idea why people are incapable of using reading comprehension to sort through fleet vs network posts. Moderation is a huge time sink and free flowing discussion should be preferred over heavy handed and time consuming moderation. Simply skip over what you don't want to read and read/respond to those that you do. It's not hard for pity's sake.

adamblang

Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:56 am

For 2020, could we agree
  • one thread to discuss the day to day reconfig / entry / exit progress
  • one thread to discuss the ongoing network changesa
  • ad-hoc threads for newsworthy fleet announcements
  • ad-hoc threads for newsworthy network announcements
  • ad-hoc threads for newsworthy product announcements
or something to that effect?

If I were emperor of the boards, newsworthy things getting their own standalone threads would be preferable to those threads being merged into the giant thread and then having to sift through the giant, merged thread to read about that one topic.

hOMSaR

Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:08 am

adamblang wrote:
For 2020, could we agree

If I were emperor of the boards, newsworthy things getting their own standalone threads would be preferable to those threads being merged into the giant thread and then having to sift through the giant, merged thread to read about that one topic.

This, I agree with completely.
I was raised by a cup of coffee.

N649DL

Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:10 am

VC10er wrote:
codc10 wrote:
CALTECH wrote:
Can everyone see this image ?

Success! Nice to see some more branding elements. Hopefully it’s not too much trouble for you to upload the entire set. Thank you for sharing!!

Yes, the first thing an average person flying in First Class (not us aviation freaks) is they might notice is the new branding plaque as they turn left. While the flat walls (bulkheads) and galley walls have been re-wallpapered, I’m unsure if the average person will automatically think “THE BLUE-GREY is gone!” It’s only the 752 where pax enter and turn right for economy and left for First. The picture from CALTECH is the one I did NOT get. But it would potentially be the one angle where you will notice “change” with the new upholstery.

Here is the rub: United did not really change the “look” dramatically, what they did was make it look as new and clean as when CO launched the Diamond seat. Which IMHO is fine, the day will come when UNITED will have a new and innovative transcon hard product. That day is about 4/5 years from now and UA simply could not change the same kind of fares as the competition with a First/Polaris cabin that looked like it was once a play area for 200 rabid Raccoons. I would vote “yes” on adding 3/4 rows of PE just after turning right, because whether flying transcon or TATL, it is a nice mid point product (even if the front is Diamond and not true Polaris)

Thanks for the pictures! (BTW: the picture of the bulkhead that is half dark blue and half silver is a newly refurbished used A319/20? The thing that’s hard to see in the picture is the pattern made of the little negative space from the “Globe-in-Box” which is subtle but nice- with the new Domestic First Class seats and new bins etc, it’s a very simple but tailored classy look.
Question: when UA changed the F seats on the 753, did they go all the way and and install the new interior design? Change the lavatories?

If I had 1 thing to complain about it would be the NB blankets. They must be the #1 cheapest blanket an airline can order in bulk. Really thin like a “Handy Wipe”, the flame retardant material must be a woven plastic thread and doesn’t work if you feel cold. IMHO, if UA’s stated goal is to be the #1 choice for business fliers even if its a 3 hour A319 flight or 737-800, then F must leapfrog any other domestic airline, down to the smallest details.

I agree. I almost prefer the old seat covers at this point. The headrests in F on the 752 also still look beat up. AA did this refresh right on the 757 except remove AVOD in favor of tablets. And the ceiling panels! Yuck!

ual763

Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:45 am

Wish they’d bring back these seat covers! These were the most comfortable economy seats United ever had, imo. Everything from the padding, stitching, pattern, to the fabric type, was great! Luckily, I can still experience them in my house.

From flying to the NOTAM office

kordcj

Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:47 am

atcsundevil wrote:
cosyr wrote:

That's fair enough — it was worth a try, but obviously there have been mixed results, so I have no problem admitting that things haven't worked out the way I'd hoped. It's been difficult to tell how popular/successful updating the posts at the start of this thread have been, but I hope that at the very least it's been a useful resource for some folks. I realize that it's hard to sift through these big discussions to find relevant information, so it was an attempt to find a remedy that's hopefully been more successful than combining the threads.

I am in the minority camp of liking the merged thread. I could get all my UA info in once place! This single thread was great for me. Didn’t miss a single post about the network, the fleet additions/retirements, or VC10er’s trip/cabin reports. A shame most didn’t find it as useful.
The most obvious proof for intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't tried to contact us.

ordpark

Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:27 am

hOMSaR wrote:
adamblang wrote:
For 2020, could we agree

This, I agree with completely.

I'm good with that!

VC10er

Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:01 pm

ual763 wrote:
Wish they’d bring back these seat covers! These were the most comfortable economy seats United ever had, imo. Everything from the padding, stitching, pattern, to the fabric type, was great! Luckily, I can still experience them in my house.

As I type this I’m on Lufthansa in First on an A321 in OPO. I am sitting on a slimline seat!

I LOVED THOSE OLD RAINBOW UNITED SEATS! If I was in one now it would be a GREAT First Class seat compared to this seat I’m in. I must say I do like the Lufthansa branding: a blue panel that curves around the galley wall and bulkhead.

Many NBs in a row right now. It’s so interesting how bad design can be effective and decent design can be
SO NOTHING, and when great design is also effective!

I have seen some United branding in the airport I’ve never seen before. Gotta go my Lufty FA just yelled at me!
I have a POV about the ALL MIXED UNITED THREAD! Later!
Xoxo R

calpsafltskeds

Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:39 pm

319:
N899UA sked to exit SFO 575/22Dec in 12F config. First CZ unit converted from original batch. Doesn't have nose to tail Power like newest CZ units being added.

77W:
N2749U sked to exit SFO Induction 2736/22Dec (ferry to EWR). First Revenue flight not shown.

United1

Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:26 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
319:
N899UA sked to exit SFO 575/22Dec in 12F config. First CZ unit converted from original batch. Doesn't have nose to tail Power like newest CZ units being added..

Looks like 4899 is now doing SFO-EUG as UA2162 tomorrow (23rd.) They may have just not updated the amenities list for this aircraft as UA is supposedly retrofitting power to the rest of Y class. UA575 today is an A320...4274.
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

flight152

Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:27 pm

Any update on the Southwest aircraft?

United1

Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:38 pm

flight152 wrote:

The fleet tracking site is showing:

exN7714B (with UA it will be N13755) as being at GYR
exN7703A (with UA it will be N16756) as being at PAE

3755 entered GYR at the end of October so probably a while to go even assuming they have started working on it.
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

GmoneyCO

Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:43 pm

flight152 wrote:

It will likely be several months before the first one gets inducted. My understanding is that the FAA requires the same level of paperwork for all used aircraft, it doesn't matter whether they come from another US carrier or a foreign one. Southwest maintenance practices have come under quite a bit of public scrutiny the past year so I would expect they will take their time reviewing the paperwork and completing physical inspection work before they begin installing new interior components, etc.

codc10

Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:55 pm

N649DL wrote:
I agree. I almost prefer the old seat covers at this point. The headrests in F on the 752 also still look beat up. AA did this refresh right on the 757 except remove AVOD in favor of tablets. And the ceiling panels! Yuck!

AA? How so? Their "refresh" was even lower-impact than what UA is doing. Same sidewalls, bins, lighting, ceiling panels, lavs, galleys, closets, etc. All that changed were seat covers, carpeting and J cabin.

Color choice is a matter of preference but objectively UA is doing more with the 75S mod than AA did with its 757 retrofit in 2016/2017.

VC10er

Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:23 pm

I believe (or guessing) that UA had already been close on the 50 A321XLR when the 752’s started getting their spruce up. I do not believe that UA had plans to turn the Polaris cabin on the 752 into an eye popping new cabin. They knew they were in embarrassing shape, tattered and worn and HAD TO, at minimum fix them up so they at LEAST looked as nice as an Diamond seat 767. Not a 787-10 in Polaris until they could launch a new NB lie flat.
They still have MANY WB’s to refurbish.
At least now it doesn’t look like the worn out, scratched up with thread bare carpets.
Let’s just hope they “WOW” us with the 737MAX-10 and A321XLR! With PE!

LGeneReese

Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:39 pm

78J
N14011 BOE46 CHSCHS 22DEC... could be a B2, but hope it’s C1... Hopefully at least one of the three will deliver be for holiday shutdown.. most likely N12010.
77W
N2250U does show RfD, so.... maybe :scratchchin: :spin:
Last edited by LGeneReese on Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LGeneReese

Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:48 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
319:
N899UA sked to exit SFO 575/22Dec in 12F config. First CZ unit converted from original batch. Doesn't have nose to tail Power like newest CZ units being added.

77W:
N2749U sked to exit SFO Induction 2736/22Dec (ferry to EWR). First Revenue flight not shown.

77W
N2749U... Looks it’s being put right to work... now scheduled UA82 EWRDEL 22DEC..

calpsafltskeds

Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:45 am

319:
N851UA sked to exit LCQ 2737/23Dec with 12F config.
34 of 70 3192 now in 12F config.

UAinAUS

Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:36 am

77W:
N2250U scheduled SFO induction 2702/23Dec

78X:
N12010 scheduled IAD induction 2714/24Dec
N14011 C1 flight complete, ready for delivery

763:
N671UA scheduled exit HKG 2791/24Dec with Hi-J Polaris/PE
N676UA scheduled to enter HKG 2772/23Dec for hi-J Polaris/PE mod

LGeneReese

Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:07 am

UAinAUS wrote:
77W:

78X:

763:

78J
N12010 Now shows UA2714 CHSORD 23Dec and then UA2704 ORDIAD 24Dec.. a bit odd... possibly weather related?
Interesting to have double deliveries. :bigthumbsup:

777222LR

Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:49 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
319:

77W:

Currently flying EWR-DEL

TrafficCop

Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:39 pm

UAinAUS wrote:
77W:

78X:

763:

N14011 up on another flight from CHS.now.

https://www.flightradar24.com/BOE046/23499f3f

RainerBoeing777

Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:55 pm

How will the use of the Boeing 787-10 and 777-300ER be?

The B781 will fly
EWR-BCN / DUB / CDG / BRU
LAX-HND
ORD-FRA / BRU
SFO - (Will there be any route for the summer?)

The B77W will fly
EWR-GRU / FRA / TLVx2 / BOM / NRT / PVG

SFO-NRT / TPE / LHR / FRAx2 / TLV / PEK

the rumors of the purchase of more B781 and B77W will be true, I feel that IAD should be the next base in having the B781 for routes to FRA / MUC / BRU / CDG / LHR and more B77W for routes such as SFO-CDG / PVG / ICN / SYD (year-round) / LHR (second daily)
and in EWR-DEL / HKG (when protests stabilize) / HND
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG

calpsafltskeds

Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:03 pm

Unfortunate episode in DEN yesterday. N87513 operating UA 2429/22Dec EWR-DEN had left main gear collapse on landing rollout - no injuries. https://kdvr.com/2019/12/23/faa-says-la ... ht-at-dia/

LGeneReese

Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:39 pm

TrafficCop wrote:
UAinAUS wrote:
77W:

78X:

763:

N14011 up on another flight from CHS.now.

https://www.flightradar24.com/BOE046/23499f3f

Shows as a C2.... something failed to pass muster yesterday obviously.

LGeneReese

Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:49 am

LGeneReese wrote:
UAinAUS wrote:
77W:

78X:

763:

78J
N12010 Now shows UA2714 CHSORD 23Dec and then UA2704 ORDIAD 24Dec.. a bit odd... possibly weather related?
Interesting to have double deliveries. :bigthumbsup:

Hmmm... Things not going quite to plan. Both flights delayed til tomorrow (24th) due ‘ Operational issues‘. :roll:
N14011 now showing delivery UA2709 CHSIAD 24DEC... Should be interesting to see how this all pans out... :scratchchin: :stirthepot:

UAinAUS

Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:47 am

UAX Update:

CR5:
N160GJ entered MLB for interior mod
N175GJ exited MLB with interior mod, entered AMA for new livery paint

CR2:
N877AS exited ExpressJet, now flying Skywest as UAX
N781CA exited fleet, stored
N783CA exited fleet, stored

jdh823

Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:58 pm

Seems like N2250U never got ferried to SFO yesterday but instead did another test flight around PAE this morning.

ual763

Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:12 pm

What do we think are some of the most likely new European/North African destinations when the A321XLRs come online? Scott Kirby has said they are looking at 11 new destinations in the aforementioned continents when they come online.

My picks:

1. ENBR
2. ENGM
3. EDDH
4. EDDL
5. EKCH
6. LEPA
7. LDDU
8. EPKK
9. EPGD
10. LOWW
11. GMMX

jetmatt777

Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:34 pm

ual763 wrote:
What do we think are some of the most likely new European/North African destinations when the A321XLRs come online? Scott Kirby has said they are looking at 11 new destinations in the aforementioned continents when they come online.

My picks:

1. ENBR
2. ENGM
3. EDDH
4. EDDL
5. EKCH
6. LEPA
7. LDDU
8. EPKK
9. EPGD
10. LOWW
11. GMMX

For the sake of those of us who don't use ICAO codes... can you please stick to the 3 character IATA code?

Nicknuzzii

Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:35 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:
ual763 wrote:

My picks:

1. ENBR
2. ENGM
3. EDDH
4. EDDL
5. EKCH
6. LEPA
7. LDDU
8. EPKK
9. EPGD
10. LOWW
11. GMMX

For the sake of those of us who don't use ICAO codes... can you please stick to the 3 character IATA code?

I’m glad I didn’t wasn't alone on this one lol.

bigb

Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:42 pm

adamblang wrote:
For 2020, could we agree

I think this is over kill and a hassle to moderate, there needs to be two separate threads, a network thread and fleet thread (modifications, repaints). Any major news worthy items can have their own separate thread on a as needed basis.

jetmatt777

Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:57 pm

bigb wrote:
adamblang wrote:
For 2020, could we agree

I think this is over kill and a hassle to moderate, there needs to be two separate threads, a network thread and fleet thread (modifications, repaints). Any major news worthy items can have their own separate thread on a as needed basis.

That's precisely what adamblang was proposing

CriticalPoint

Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:03 pm

ual763 wrote:

My picks:

1. ENBR
2. ENGM
3. EDDH
4. EDDL
5. EKCH
6. LEPA
7. LDDU
8. EPKK
9. EPGD
10. LOWW
11. GMMX

No clue where any of this is.....so maybe.

ual763

Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:13 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:
ual763 wrote:

My picks:

1. ENBR
2. ENGM
3. EDDH
4. EDDL
5. EKCH
6. LEPA
7. LDDU
8. EPKK
9. EPGD
10. LOWW
11. GMMX

Sorry...

1.) Bergen, NO
2.) Oslo, NO
3.) Hamburg, DE
4.) Dusseldorf, DE
5.) Copenhagen, DK
6.) Palma de Mallorca, ES
7.) Dubrovnik, HR
8.) Krakow, PO
9.) Gdansk, PO
10.)Vienna, OE
11.) Marrakech, MO

x1234

Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:18 pm

The only places left in Europe I see UA going into is VIE, DUS and STR. DUS and STR due to the automotive industries and VIE, a great hub for Eastern Europe. UA I guess has left OS in the A++ alliance to do VIE long-haul. Their German markets in Europe are attractive because the strength of Lufthansa's sales network. The only other ethnic market in Europe is WAW in Poland but that's more VFR EVEN THOUGH Poland just joined the Visa Waiver Program.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:22 pm

The fleet updates, fleet status, and repaint status posts at the start of this thread have been updated.

✈️ atcsundevil

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:40 pm

The future of this thread

Since there continue to be comments giving opinions on the future of this thread (which I've addressed, but it seems that some people haven't read), I thought I would address it here in the hopes that people might actually read it.

The primary contributor to this thread (calpsafltskeds) and I are both in agreement that this single thread is the best arrangement. However, given that there are a number of vocal users who are convinced that splitting the threads is better, then that's what I'm compelled to do for 2020.

This thread in 2019 has been moderated very little for off-topic content given the broad range of what it covers. Please be aware that when we split the threads, I will again need to moderate for content to ensure it's on topic. Discussion in the fleet thread will need to strictly be about the fleet, and the same goes for the network thread. The threads were combined in the first place due to the huge amount of duplication in discussion, as they both turned into generalized United discussion. I am certainly not saying that I'm out to delete all of your comments, but I am saying that if two threads are to be done properly, then I will have to moderate more than I currently have. My desire was to moderate less, hence the combined thread, but that's apparently not the preference.

Next year's fleet thread will continue to have regular updates in the posts at the start of the thread, just as has been done this year. A similar thing may be done for the network thread, assuming someone volunteers to contribute content for updates.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone.
✈️ atcsundevil

LGeneReese

Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:43 pm

jdh823 wrote:
Seems like N2250U never got ferried to SFO yesterday but instead did another test flight around PAE this morning.

Nor did N12010.... But it’s enroute to ORD as UA2714 as I type... N2250U is supposedly headed to SFO shortly as UA2702. N14011 was, for a short time, planned as UA2709 today.. I guess three in one day was too much to hope for.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos