Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
LGeneReese
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:36 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:20 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
I noticed UA put 737 Max flights back in the schedule for March. Obviously place holders but when do they plan on putting the actual equipment in?

That is completely up to the FAA.... Once given the green light, each of the 14 aircraft need the engineering and software modifications, tested, re-tested, and probably tested a third time just to make sure everybody is happy.
Add to that whatever additional training the FAA determines pilots will require....
 
jayunited
Posts: 2872
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:16 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
I noticed UA put 737 Max flights back in the schedule for March. Obviously place holders but when do they plan on putting the actual equipment in?


They are still working through the schedule seeing what flights can be swapped to a 739ER, or downguaged to a 738 or smaller, perhaps upguaged to a752 or larger aircraft, and lastly if none of those options work some flights will be canceled and removed from the schedule.

But keep in mind this is a holiday week, UA made the announcement right before a people were leaving for the holidays. Now the NOC is 24/7 but a lot of other departments within the Willis Tower had a few extra days off. Once we get the holidays behind us and everyone is back to work the schedulers should get that cleaned up fairly quickly.
 
User avatar
United787
Posts: 2939
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 12:20 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:40 pm

I respect your decision for a single thread but I personally prefer two threads. For this reason:

MSPNWA wrote:
I'd say this has essentially become a fleet thread. Personally I felt network talk was frowned upon if it became too "involved" if you will, and quickly the talk would naturally switch back to fleet, so I tended not to post in it at all. It's too hard to have a conversation for anything but fleet news.


The network/route discussion was buried in what essentially became a technical fleet thread. Not sure it was frowned upon but network conversations never gained any steam. The better network conversations always seem to be better in threads specific to announcements.

The real issue I think was that there was a separate livery painting thread; no doubt that discussion should be included in the fleet thread.

When I originally started the UA livery painting thread back when UA started repainting from "battleship grey" to "rising blue" in 2004 the thread quickly evolved to all things fleet related, which was logical. There was never an issue with route/network discussion working its way into the conversation.

It seems the only substantial discussion that could end up in both fleet and network threads is aircraft downgauges or upgauges. And I don't think that would be a big deal if those discussions ended up in both threads.
 
User avatar
cosyr
Posts: 1469
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:58 am

United787 wrote:
I respect your decision for a single thread but I personally prefer two threads. For this reason:

MSPNWA wrote:
I'd say this has essentially become a fleet thread. Personally I felt network talk was frowned upon if it became too "involved" if you will, and quickly the talk would naturally switch back to fleet, so I tended not to post in it at all. It's too hard to have a conversation for anything but fleet news.


The network/route discussion was buried in what essentially became a technical fleet thread. Not sure it was frowned upon but network conversations never gained any steam. The better network conversations always seem to be better in threads specific to announcements.

The real issue I think was that there was a separate livery painting thread; no doubt that discussion should be included in the fleet thread.

When I originally started the UA livery painting thread back when UA started repainting from "battleship grey" to "rising blue" in 2004 the thread quickly evolved to all things fleet related, which was logical. There was never an issue with route/network discussion working its way into the conversation.

It seems the only substantial discussion that could end up in both fleet and network threads is aircraft downgauges or upgauges. And I don't think that would be a big deal if those discussions ended up in both threads.

I also respect whichever decision is made, and I will obviously keep reading the fleet thread either way (but probably only the fleet thread, because I really don't care about the network discussions), but I still think it makes sense to do a poll...so I made one.

Anyone who reads this thread regularly, please share your opinions on this Survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QX8LGCF . You will be able to read the results after voting.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3224
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:31 pm

319:
N852UA entered DLH 2706 26Dec, potential 12F mod

752:
N17139 entered SAT 2730/26Dec, 16/160 mod
 
LGeneReese
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:36 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:32 pm

78J
N14011 is airborne again on what has to be at least a C4... What’s up with that..?
Meanwhile on the west coast, N2250U appeared to need a C5 before all the gremlins were evicted. :confused: :spin:
Last edited by LGeneReese on Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
GmoneyCO
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:49 pm

752:
N568UA - SFO as of 20-Dec/2080
N12109 - Confirmed exit from SAT on 26-Dec/2754

772:
N78017 - Scheduled for test hop on 30-Dec/2691. Should exit shortly after

77W:
N2250U - Scheduled for delivery on 30-Dec/2707
 
NoNonsense
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:42 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:39 pm

Putting everything United in one thread is to messy from my point of view.

There actually should be 4 separate threads, one just Aircraft, one just Routes, one just anything Express (NOT Mainline) and one for everything else (Paint, Airport terminals, Service, Management. Etc..)
 
xxcr
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:37 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:25 pm

whats the status of the 788 and 789 thats getting the Polaris mod? the 788 should be complete by now right? when is that plane expected to fly again?
 
User avatar
cosyr
Posts: 1469
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:30 pm

cosyr wrote:
United787 wrote:
I respect your decision for a single thread but I personally prefer two threads. For this reason:

MSPNWA wrote:
I'd say this has essentially become a fleet thread. Personally I felt network talk was frowned upon if it became too "involved" if you will, and quickly the talk would naturally switch back to fleet, so I tended not to post in it at all. It's too hard to have a conversation for anything but fleet news.


The network/route discussion was buried in what essentially became a technical fleet thread. Not sure it was frowned upon but network conversations never gained any steam. The better network conversations always seem to be better in threads specific to announcements.

The real issue I think was that there was a separate livery painting thread; no doubt that discussion should be included in the fleet thread.

When I originally started the UA livery painting thread back when UA started repainting from "battleship grey" to "rising blue" in 2004 the thread quickly evolved to all things fleet related, which was logical. There was never an issue with route/network discussion working its way into the conversation.

It seems the only substantial discussion that could end up in both fleet and network threads is aircraft downgauges or upgauges. And I don't think that would be a big deal if those discussions ended up in both threads.

I also respect whichever decision is made, and I will obviously keep reading the fleet thread either way (but probably only the fleet thread, because I really don't care about the network discussions), but I still think it makes sense to do a poll...so I made one.

Anyone who reads this thread regularly, please share your opinions on this Survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QX8LGCF . You will be able to read the results after voting.

Ok, the responses exceeded my expectations. As of now there are 117 responses to the survey and I can only view the first 100 on a free account. From the first 100 responses, 28 prefer one thread, 30 prefer 2 threads and will follow both, 40 prefer 2 threads and will only follow 1, and 2 don't care. I don't plan to pay to upgrade my survey monkey account to view additional responses, so take those results for what they are. Anyone who hasn't voted yet, your vote won't be seen.
 
GmoneyCO
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:52 pm

xxcr wrote:
whats the status of the 788 and 789 thats getting the Polaris mod? the 788 should be complete by now right? when is that plane expected to fly again?


The 788 will likely exit shortly after New Years assuming all of the FAA STC paperwork is in order and the test flight goes as planned. The 789 went in 7 weeks after the 788 did, so don't think we will see it for a little while longer. The ERS date we were given of 1/9 feels pretty aggressive to me, especially for the STC plane unless the STC was covered by the new 789 that has not been delivered yet.
 
xxcr
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:37 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:39 pm

GmoneyCO wrote:
xxcr wrote:
whats the status of the 788 and 789 thats getting the Polaris mod? the 788 should be complete by now right? when is that plane expected to fly again?


The 788 will likely exit shortly after New Years assuming all of the FAA STC paperwork is in order and the test flight goes as planned. The 789 went in 7 weeks after the 788 did, so don't think we will see it for a little while longer. The ERS date we were given of 1/9 feels pretty aggressive to me, especially for the STC plane unless the STC was covered by the new 789 that has not been delivered yet.



Im still a little new to this who retrofit process. I know since its the first time the plane is getting retrofitted, so it takes longer....but 3 months?? and what is STC?
 
bigb
Posts: 1127
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:30 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:46 pm

xxcr wrote:
GmoneyCO wrote:
xxcr wrote:
whats the status of the 788 and 789 thats getting the Polaris mod? the 788 should be complete by now right? when is that plane expected to fly again?


The 788 will likely exit shortly after New Years assuming all of the FAA STC paperwork is in order and the test flight goes as planned. The 789 went in 7 weeks after the 788 did, so don't think we will see it for a little while longer. The ERS date we were given of 1/9 feels pretty aggressive to me, especially for the STC plane unless the STC was covered by the new 789 that has not been delivered yet.



Im still a little new to this who retrofit process. I know since its the first time the plane is getting retrofitted, so it takes longer....but 3 months?? and what is STC?


Answer to your second question, what is a STC

https://www.faa.gov/aircraft/air_cert/d ... ovals/stc/
 
GmoneyCO
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:00 pm

xxcr wrote:
GmoneyCO wrote:
xxcr wrote:
whats the status of the 788 and 789 thats getting the Polaris mod? the 788 should be complete by now right? when is that plane expected to fly again?


The 788 will likely exit shortly after New Years assuming all of the FAA STC paperwork is in order and the test flight goes as planned. The 789 went in 7 weeks after the 788 did, so don't think we will see it for a little while longer. The ERS date we were given of 1/9 feels pretty aggressive to me, especially for the STC plane unless the STC was covered by the new 789 that has not been delivered yet.



Im still a little new to this who retrofit process. I know since its the first time the plane is getting retrofitted, so it takes longer....but 3 months?? and what is STC?


Beyond completing the retrofit UA also completes a lot of maintenance work on each plane when it goes in. Typically they will time when a plane goes in around when it is due for a more intensive maintenance or check since those checks often involve removing all of the seats, wall-panels, etc. Far cheaper and less disruptive to have the plane out of commission for one longer period than two shorter periods.

The 788 also fell over one of China's bigger holidays (National Day) and over two US holiday periods (Thanksgiving and Christmas) which will slow down the work. Assuming it doesn't exit in the next 2 days, it will hit another holiday in both countries too.

Once they get things down pat, I would expect the visits to closer to 60 days depending on the amount of maintenance work that needs to be done on each plane.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3224
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:44 pm

cosyr, I agree that the number of submissions are quite high, especially when currently there are only about 65 people logged into the all ANet forums at this time.

Did you choose the IP tracking option on the survey? While I don't expect any funny business, its interesting that at about 8:30am EST the single thread was way ahead, then it appears most submissions after that time were mostly for a separate thread. Using incognito windows, multiple votes can be made from anyone. Just wondering if you have the IP information.

FYI, the fleet thread had 53 pages last year and there were only 13 pages for the network thread. Thus, one would assume more interest in the fleet thread. If that's the case, fleet interests would have been seen in about 3/4 of the posts this year. Those with network only interests would be the most impacted by scrolling through 3 fleet posts on average to get to a network post.
I wonder what percentage breakdown of the people who said they wanted to see separate threads - fleet or network.
 
User avatar
cosyr
Posts: 1469
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
cosyr, I agree that the number of submissions are quite high, especially when currently there are only about 65 people logged into the all ANet forums at this time.

Did you choose the IP tracking option on the survey? While I don't expect any funny business, its interesting that at about 8:30am EST the single thread was way ahead, then it appears most submissions after that time were mostly for a separate thread. Using incognito windows, multiple votes can be made from anyone. Just wondering if you have the IP information.

FYI, the fleet thread had 53 pages last year and there were only 13 pages for the network thread. Thus, one would assume more interest in the fleet thread. If that's the case, fleet interests would have been seen in about 3/4 of the posts this year. Those with network only interests would be the most impacted by scrolling through 3 fleet posts on average to get to a network post.
I wonder what percentage breakdown of the people who said they wanted to see separate threads - fleet or network.

I did choose that option, and those 117 results came in from last night through today.
 
UAinAUS
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:11 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:28 am

UAX Update:

CR5:
N152GJ has been reregistered as N531GJ. Mod complete and now in revenue service with GoJet
 
unitedchicago
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2000 1:44 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:08 am

I vote for a separate thread for debate the need for two threads - ha.
I've enjoyed the amount and variety of topics covered in this single thread.

Back to United...when I was in LAX earlier this month to catch the midnight ANA flight to Tokyo, UGS drove me to TBIT, which was awesome. I asked the driver about Terminal 9 and if that would happen. He said they've already broken ground.

Hadn't seen that anywhere...is that accurate? Very cool if so!

Back in SFO just before Christmas as I was getting coffee at Peet's close to gate 73 (is that E3 now??) and there were a group of people discussing the renovation project for those gates...pointing out areas that would remain open, etc. Seems like that should start soon?

Flying back from ORD post-Christmas, I was thinking back to touring Terminal 1 just before it opened as a kid (my dad worked for UA) and just how little it's changed other than the more modern ticket podiums, removal of moving walkways, and other things here and there. How extensive will the renovations be with the huge project starting soon? Hopefully, a modern HVAC system as it's stuffy in the summer and cold in the winter!
 
User avatar
intotheair
Posts: 1890
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:49 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:56 am

Saw this somewhere else. Love it! Didn't know they did this.

Image
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN
 
strfyr51
Posts: 4985
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:23 am

777222LR wrote:
Does anyone know when N2749U will make its first flight, now that its been delivered? Seems to have been sitting at SFO for a few days now.

It will fly as soon as the overwater lit has been installed and the ETOPS gear has ben tested. though they still could be using it for pilot training like they did with the first 777's which sat for over 1 month before scheduled service. though they flew nearly every day for engineering crew and Line flight crew training.
 
LGeneReese
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:36 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:25 am

intotheair wrote:
Saw this somewhere else. Love it! Didn't know they did this.

Image

Piccadilly line?
 
strfyr51
Posts: 4985
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:30 am

intotheair wrote:
Saw this somewhere else. Love it! Didn't know they did this.

Image

there were 4 Motor freight companies who had trailers painted in United colors as well. We didn't even ship with them as we really only ground trucked Jet Engines at the time and they pulled our trailers if they didn't have theirs since it takes a special trailer to move the PW 4000 or the GE90 engine due to their fan size though they can be separated in a pinch for shipping. if necessary...
 
airboss787
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:20 am

strfyr51 wrote:
777222LR wrote:
Does anyone know when N2749U will make its first flight, now that its been delivered? Seems to have been sitting at SFO for a few days now.

It will fly as soon as the overwater lit has been installed and the ETOPS gear has ben tested. though they still could be using it for pilot training like they did with the first 777's which sat for over 1 month before scheduled service. though they flew nearly every day for engineering crew and Line flight crew training.


It has already flown to DEL as it’s first long haul flight, then BOM and is currently doing GRU-EWR.
Star Alliance Gold
 
VC10er
Posts: 4266
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:25 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:49 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
The Future of the Thread (part 2)

Let's try this again.

The United Fleet/Network Thread will remain a single thread going into 2020.

Here's why:

1 - I hadn't realized how many people were in support of the single thread, because prior to my last attempt at this, it was mostly the two thread crowd who were the most vocal.

2 - Calpsafltskeds made a very good point in an email to me earlier. He said that the other airline specific threads that were split often go days or longer without activity. I think that we can all agree that a more active discussion is preferable, but I'm sure you can all understand how that would be affected by the thread being split in half.

3 - I still believe that everything being shared in the same thread is preferable to dividing the discussion, particularly when the topic is so entwined. That was my rationale for combining it this year anyway. Furthermore, I really don't want to heavily moderate the two threads to keep them strictly on topic; I've moderated here very little this year, and I don't want that to change. It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I don't want to delete posts just because someone strays off topic. I find that organic discussion is best, and I don't want that to change.

I fully realize that this will not please everyone, but that was never going to happen in the first place. I think that we can all agree that we're interested in this discussion, but perhaps agree to disagree on the format. If it helps, we can either do a thread reset in June, or it can be done quarterly. I personally don't think this thread results in enough discussion to warrant that, but if many of you believe that the discussion length from the 2019 thread became cumbersome, I am more than willing to consider something different.

I'm sure some people will be upset, but hopefully not too upset...I thought the discussion in the thread this year was as good as ever.

Happy New Year everyone, and be safe.
✈️ atcsundevil


YOU DO THE WORK FOR MANY, MANY PEOPLE AND WE THANK YOU FOR THAT! I’m happy if you’re happy. I only didn’t want to miss some of the details as “everything United” is, and will be intertwined for at least another 1.5 years. I love the big news and I love the little news (like removal of the wine flight in Polaris) - everything! Every decision fascinates me! - In fact I cannot think of 1 other airline undergoing so much change and activity as UA right now!
Thanks again for what you do for all of us!
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.
 
VC10er
Posts: 4266
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:25 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:35 pm

I do go back to the front to get myself updated on the UA fleet and mods. Admittedly I cannot track anything by tail number/ship numbers. But I get the gist.
One thing I can NEVER keep in my head is how many used aircraft UAL has taken and from whom. Which plan to fly, which get parted out.

Is this either a simple or difficult question:
How many more NB’s will ultimately be added to UNITED’s mainline fleet by acquiring used aircraft? (After they have been taken apart and brought up to UA maintenance standards, and fitted with the brand new interiors)

How many A319’s and from whom? CZ or other?
How many A320’s and from whom? Veuling, etc?
How many 73G’s from SW (I assume only SW?) - and I assume that these used 73G’s will get the full new interiors like the A319’s already flying.
(I assume UA is no longer looking for 763ER’s)

When completed, all totaled, how many additional NB’s will be in revenue service and part of United’s NB fleet?

I’m simply extremely curious as I know UA needs to increase its NB fleet, and truly ULTIMATELY curious about the fleet size/count in total for United mainline. Will UA’s fleet grow much closer to that of DL’s and AA’s fleet (especially after 50 A321XLR’s and eventually 150 737MAX’s)
Thanks so much!!!
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.
 
User avatar
777222LR
Posts: 370
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:19 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:37 pm

airboss787 wrote:
strfyr51 wrote:
777222LR wrote:
Does anyone know when N2749U will make its first flight, now that its been delivered? Seems to have been sitting at SFO for a few days now.

It will fly as soon as the overwater lit has been installed and the ETOPS gear has ben tested. though they still could be using it for pilot training like they did with the first 777's which sat for over 1 month before scheduled service. though they flew nearly every day for engineering crew and Line flight crew training.


It has already flown to DEL as it’s first long haul flight, then BOM and is currently doing GRU-EWR.



I was really hoping for N2749U for my flight to TPE tomorrow, but alas, it seems to be N2332U. :-/
 
UAinAUS
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:11 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:11 am

77E:
N78017 scheduled to exit HKG 180/31Dec with Polaris/PE
N78008 scheduled to enter HKG 179/30Dec for Polaris/PE mod
N797UA scheduled to enter XMN 2762/30Dec for Polaris/PE mod
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3224
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:40 pm

It looks like N78017 isn't quite ready as N78008 is sked to operate HKG-EWR roundtrips the next few days - assume until N78017 is ready.

752:
N12116 entered MIA 2786/26Dec for 16/160 config.

763:
N643UA exited SAT maint 2754/29Dec, aircraft diverted to DFW and looks like it picked up load from diverted UA100 SYD-IAH. Don't know what happened, but maybe 789 crew ran out of time and 763 used to get passengers to IAH after diversion.

78X:
N14011 delivery flight sked to enter IAD 2708/30Dec

Double new deliveries today with 77W N2250U PAE-SFO and N787X N14011 CHS-IAD
 
LGeneReese
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:36 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:45 pm

“Double new deliveries today with 77W N2250U PAE-SFO and N787X N14011 CHS-IAD”
They tried this before Christmas.... May the force be with us this time :crossfingers:
 
User avatar
CALTECH
Posts: 3422
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:08 pm

xxcr wrote:
whats the status of the 788 and 789 thats getting the Polaris mod? the 788 should be complete by now right? when is that plane expected to fly again?


XMN Believe the Service ETR on #908 is set for 07 Jan 20. All the work is done, now the STC is in work.

XMN #968 has a ETR of 09 Jan 20. They are finishing up the last of the work.

# 102, # 116 and # 120 are all in MIA for Slimline.

HKG # 0006 POLARIS ETR 06 Feb 20.

HKG # 0017 POLARIS ETR 01 Jan 20.

HKG # 0018 POLARIS ETR 05 Jan 20.

HKG # 0056 MX 6C Check.

HKG # 2822 Hi Density Cabin Mod STC. ETR 08 Feb 20.

HKG # 6669 Hi-J ETR 07 Feb 20.

HKG # 6676 POLARIS Hi-J ETR 13 Feb 20.

ILN # 6666 MX. ETR 31 Dec 19.

XMN # 2133 MX ETR 07 Jan 20.

XMN # 2823 MX ETR 05 Jan 20.

XMN # 2885 MX ETR 06 Jan 20.

XMN # 4875 Parked ETR plan 21 Feb 20.

XMN # 4879 MX HMV2 CS Conv ETR 02 Jan 20.

XMN # 4881 MX HMV2 CS Conv ETR 03 Feb 20.

GYR # 4035 MX HMV3 Mod Add 1st Class Row ETR 14 Feb 20.
You are here.
 
User avatar
adamblang
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:15 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
763:
N643UA exited SAT maint 2754/29Dec, aircraft diverted to DFW and looks like it picked up load from diverted UA100 SYD-IAH. Don't know what happened, but maybe 789 crew ran out of time and 763 used to get passengers to IAH after diversion.

That's some pretty creative problem solving to get folks home.
 
User avatar
CALTECH
Posts: 3422
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:21 pm

wn676 wrote:
CALTECH wrote:
Polaris goes all the way back to the overwing exit......

Image


I had a chance to fly the 76L ORD-EWR a few months ago on an equipment swap, and was lucky enough to be upgraded...into 18L with no window. You can really appreciate the size of the cabin from that vantage point though.


Believe that is the overwing exit that is blocked for the reduced seating.
You are here.
 
Cmac787
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:35 pm

How about all those planes at GYR? are they getting Induction work or just for storage. Some have been there for over a year.



CALTECH wrote:
xxcr wrote:
whats the status of the 788 and 789 thats getting the Polaris mod? the 788 should be complete by now right? when is that plane expected to fly again?


XMN Believe the Service ETR on #908 is set for 07 Jan 20. All the work is done, now the STC is in work.

XMN #968 has a ETR of 09 Jan 20. They are finishing up the last of the work.

# 102, # 116 and # 120 are all in MIA for Slimline.

HKG # 0006 POLARIS ETR 06 Feb 20.

HKG # 0017 POLARIS ETR 01 Jan 20.

HKG # 0018 POLARIS ETR 05 Jan 20.

HKG # 0056 MX 6C Check.

HKG # 2822 Hi Density Cabin Mod STC. ETR 08 Feb 20.

HKG # 6669 Hi-J ETR 07 Feb 20.

HKG # 6676 POLARIS Hi-J ETR 13 Feb 20.

ILN # 6666 MX. ETR 31 Dec 19.

XMN # 2133 MX ETR 07 Jan 20.

XMN # 2823 MX ETR 05 Jan 20.

XMN # 2885 MX ETR 06 Jan 20.

XMN # 4875 Parked ETR plan 21 Feb 20.

XMN # 4879 MX HMV2 CS Conv ETR 02 Jan 20.

XMN # 4881 MX HMV2 CS Conv ETR 03 Feb 20.

GYR # 4035 MX HMV3 Mod Add 1st Class Row ETR 14 Feb 20.
 
User avatar
CALTECH
Posts: 3422
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:59 pm

737MAX-9................Mfg S/N......N#........LIne #.....Year Mfg

7531 737MAX-9 ......TBD ..........TBD .....TBD .......TBD
7532 737MAX-9 ..... 43465 .......TBD .....7818 ......TBD


737MAX-10..............MFG S/N....N#........Line #.....Year Mfg

7756 737MAX-10.... 66117 ........TBD ....8193 .......TBD

CAL Subsidiary
NOSE # .........TYPE FLEET ......CODE
0001-0022 .....777-224ER ..........25
0051-0066 .....767-424 ...............64
0101-0141 .....757-224 ...............19
0201-0299 .....737-824 ...............58 / 68 / 29
0401-0412 .....737-924 ...............59 / 29
0413-0479 .....737-924ER ..........60 / 29
0501-0542 .....737-824 ...............58 / 68 / 29
0701-0750 .....737-724 ...............57 / 65 / 29
0751-0752 .....737-71Q ..............57 / 65 / 29
0753-0754 ......737-7V3 .............57 / 65 / 29
0755-0775 ......737-76N .............TBD
0801-0849 ......737-924ER .........60 / 29
0851-0859 ......757-324 ..............53
0860-0871 ......757-33N ..............53
0880-0899 ......737-924ER ..........60 / 29
0901-0913 ......787-8 ...................78
0950-0974 ......787-9 ...................79
1001-1025 ......787-10 .................10

UAL Subsidiary
NOSE # ..........TYPE....................FLEET CODE
2018-2029 ......777-222B .............27
2131-2152 ......777-322ER ..........23
2368-2515 ......777-222A .............26
2704-2897 ......777-222B............. 27
4001-4055 ......A319-131 .............17 / 31
4101-4173 ......A320-232 .............18 / 31
4214-4298 ......A320-232 .............18 / 31
4301-4320 ......A319-111 ..............17 / 31
4615-4713 ......A320-232 .............18 / 31
4866-4899 ......A319-132 .............17 / 31
4901-4913 ......A320-232 .............18 / 31
5302-5997 ......757-222 ................75
6441-6677 ......767-322................ 63
6684-6686 ......767-3CB ...............63
7251-7500 ......737MAX-8 ............41 / 61
7501-7750 ......737MAX-9 ............42 / 61
7751-77XX .....737MAX-10 ..........43 / 61
8404-8497 ......747-422 ................74
You are here.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3224
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:08 pm

CALTECH, thanks for the update. So, 788, 789 and 2 772s done in first 10 days of January along with 2 78X and a 77W probably entering revenue service in about the same time frame. Nice!!
Any info on 319 N880UA (4880) (B2296), in XMN as of 11/7/19

Unfortunately, it looks like you're showing N785UA (2885) as maint only, no Polaris this time in XMN.
I missed the N14102 in MIA as the airline column in FR24 On Ground aircraft shows "United/Art is here, etc." instead of "United Airlines".
 
User avatar
CALTECH
Posts: 3422
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:13 pm

Cmac787 wrote:
How about all those planes at GYR? are they getting Induction work or just for storage. Some have been there for over a year.



CALTECH wrote:
xxcr wrote:
whats the status of the 788 and 789 thats getting the Polaris mod? the 788 should be complete by now right? when is that plane expected to fly again?


XMN Believe the Service ETR on #908 is set for 07 Jan 20. All the work is done, now the STC is in work.

XMN #968 has a ETR of 09 Jan 20. They are finishing up the last of the work.

# 102, # 116 and # 120 are all in MIA for Slimline.

HKG # 0006 POLARIS ETR 06 Feb 20.

HKG # 0017 POLARIS ETR 01 Jan 20.

HKG # 0018 POLARIS ETR 05 Jan 20.

HKG # 0056 MX 6C Check.

HKG # 2822 Hi Density Cabin Mod STC. ETR 08 Feb 20.

HKG # 6669 Hi-J ETR 07 Feb 20.

HKG # 6676 POLARIS Hi-J ETR 13 Feb 20.

ILN # 6666 MX. ETR 31 Dec 19.

XMN # 2133 MX ETR 07 Jan 20.

XMN # 2823 MX ETR 05 Jan 20.

XMN # 2885 MX ETR 06 Jan 20.

XMN # 4875 Parked ETR plan 21 Feb 20.

XMN # 4879 MX HMV2 CS Conv ETR 02 Jan 20.

XMN # 4881 MX HMV2 CS Conv ETR 03 Feb 20.

GYR # 4035 MX HMV3 Mod Add 1st Class Row ETR 14 Feb 20.



#0755.... PARK .... GYR

#4035....PARK......GYR

#4630....PARK......GYR

#4631....PARK......GYR

#4867....NEWD.....GYR

#4868....NEWD.....GYR

#4870....NEWD.....GYR

#7505....PARK......GYR

#7510....PARK......GYR

#7512....PARK......GYR

#7513....PARK......GYR
You are here.
 
GmoneyCO
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:25 pm

CALTECH wrote:
Cmac787 wrote:
How about all those planes at GYR? are they getting Induction work or just for storage. Some have been there for over a year.



CALTECH wrote:

XMN Believe the Service ETR on #908 is set for 07 Jan 20. All the work is done, now the STC is in work.

XMN #968 has a ETR of 09 Jan 20. They are finishing up the last of the work.

# 102, # 116 and # 120 are all in MIA for Slimline.

HKG # 0006 POLARIS ETR 06 Feb 20.

HKG # 0017 POLARIS ETR 01 Jan 20.

HKG # 0018 POLARIS ETR 05 Jan 20.

HKG # 0056 MX 6C Check.

HKG # 2822 Hi Density Cabin Mod STC. ETR 08 Feb 20.

HKG # 6669 Hi-J ETR 07 Feb 20.

HKG # 6676 POLARIS Hi-J ETR 13 Feb 20.

ILN # 6666 MX. ETR 31 Dec 19.

XMN # 2133 MX ETR 07 Jan 20.

XMN # 2823 MX ETR 05 Jan 20.

XMN # 2885 MX ETR 06 Jan 20.

XMN # 4875 Parked ETR plan 21 Feb 20.

XMN # 4879 MX HMV2 CS Conv ETR 02 Jan 20.

XMN # 4881 MX HMV2 CS Conv ETR 03 Feb 20.

GYR # 4035 MX HMV3 Mod Add 1st Class Row ETR 14 Feb 20.



#0755.... PARK .... GYR

#4035....PARK......GYR

#4630....PARK......GYR

#4631....PARK......GYR

#4867....NEWD.....GYR

#4868....NEWD.....GYR

#4870....NEWD.....GYR

#7505....PARK......GYR

#7510....PARK......GYR

#7512....PARK......GYR

#7513....PARK......GYR


What does NEWD stand for? It's a term I dont think many of us are familiar with.
 
User avatar
CALTECH
Posts: 3422
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:26 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
CALTECH, thanks for the update. So, 788, 789 and 2 772s done in first 10 days of January along with 2 78X and a 77W probably entering revenue service in about the same time frame. Nice!!
Any info on 319 N880UA (4880) (B2296), in XMN as of 11/7/19

Unfortunately, it looks like you're showing N785UA (2885) as maint only, no Polaris this time in XMN.
I missed the N14102 in MIA as the airline column in FR24 On Ground aircraft shows "United/Art is here, etc." instead of "United Airlines".


#4880....NEWD....SHE(Shenyang Taoxian International Airport 沈阳桃仙国际机场)



#7501....PARK.....HOU

#7502....PARK....HOU

#7503....PARK....LAX

#7504....PARK....LAX

#7505....PARK....GYR

#7506....PARK....SFO

#7507....PARK....HOU

#7508....PARK....HOU

#7509....PARK....HOU

#7510....PARK....GYR

#7511....PARK....HOU

#7512....PARK....GYR

#7513....PARK....GYR

#7514....PARK....HOU

#7515....PARK....BFI

#7516....PARK....BFI

#7517....PARK....BFI

#7518....PARK....BFI

#7519....PARK....BFI

#7520....PARK....BFI

#7521....PARK....BFI

#7522....PARK....BFI

#7523....PARK....BFI

#7524....PARK....BFI

#7525....PARK....BFI

#7526....PARK....BFI

#7527....PARK....BFI

#7528....PARK....BFI

#7529....PARK....BFI

#7530....PARK....BFI
Last edited by CALTECH on Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You are here.
 
User avatar
CALTECH
Posts: 3422
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:30 pm

GmoneyCO wrote:
What does NEWD stand for? It's a term I dont think many of us are familiar with.


Sorry, New Delivery.......

Image
You are here.
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 4252
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:47 pm

The last 2019 update to the fleet changes, fleet status, and liveries has been posted at the start of this thread.

✈️ atcsundevil
 
User avatar
CALTECH
Posts: 3422
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:23 pm

Have to see if # 0775 gets updated or is the duplicate......


#0755.... PARK .... GYR

0755 737-76N 32679 N13755 1514 Sep-19

0775 737-76N 32679 TBD 1514 Aug-15
You are here.
 
LGeneReese
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:36 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:49 pm

LGeneReese wrote:
“Double new deliveries today with 77W N2250U PAE-SFO and N787X N14011 CHS-IAD”
They tried this before Christmas.... May the force be with us this time :crossfingers:

Took a week longer than originally planned, but UA now has three more WBs. ... with more to come in the next few months.
 
VC10er
Posts: 4266
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:25 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:29 am

CALTECH wrote:
GmoneyCO wrote:
What does NEWD stand for? It's a term I dont think many of us are familiar with.


Sorry, New Delivery.......

Image


Gosh, that A319 in CZ livery doesn’t even look like an A319!
It looks like an airplane of an unknown manufacturer in 1966!
Shows what the LH or EVEN the new blue revised UA!
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3224
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:29 am

I believe the UA MAXs are all in GYR
Per Boeing Test Flight Spreadsheet undelivered MAXs:
7515-7516 BFI
7517-7528 MWH
7529-7530 SAT
7751-7752 RNT
73G 3775 looks like a potential added unit from WN
Please check my Fleet page to check for differences (tabs on bottom) - maybe not 100% correct, 19, 3G & 3M tabs for most of the new/used units
https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfle ... t-tracking
 
LGeneReese
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:36 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:24 am

calpsafltskeds wrote:
I believe the UA MAXs are all in GYR
Per Boeing Test Flight Spreadsheet undelivered MAXs:
7515-7516 BFI
7517-7528 MWH
7529-7530 SAT
7751-7752 RNT
73G 3775 looks like a potential added unit from WN
Please check my Fleet page to check for differences (tabs on bottom) - maybe not 100% correct, 19, 3G & 3M tabs for most of the new/used units
https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfle ... t-tracking

The spreadsheet is correct as to each Aircrafts location. The info in reply 3537 simply hasn’t been updated in quite some time.
 
LGeneReese
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:36 am

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:10 pm

So ends 2019... Lots of new (and not so new) aircraft coming and lots of work on new interiors in 2020... Let the fun begin...
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 4252
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:34 pm

Please continue in the 2020 discussion.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1437915

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos