cosyr

Re: United Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:12 am

intotheair wrote:
So now begins the long stretch toward getting the entire fleet into the new colors. FlightGlobal reports that a slew of planes will be repainted soon, though it’ll take up to seven years to roll it out to each and every bird.

I would imagine the MAX grounding must put a slowdown on the repainting. According to the fleet site, only a 788 and possibly a 787-10 are currently in paint.

If they’re only going to do it when repainting is already scheduled, then I hope they don’t go at a glacial pace like when PMUA tried to do that. Say what you will about the merger era livery, but they at least had a lot of paint lines open to get that on all the birds fast.

I never understand this. Every plane in their fleet will need either a C or a D check in less time than 7 years. Just do them when they're out of service anyway!

GmoneyCO

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:29 am

intotheair wrote:
So now begins the long stretch toward getting the entire fleet into the new colors. FlightGlobal reports that a slew of planes will be repainted soon, though it’ll take up to seven years to roll it out to each and every bird.

I would imagine the MAX grounding must put a slowdown on the repainting. According to the fleet site, only a 788 and possibly a 787-10 are currently in paint.

If they’re only going to do it when repainting is already scheduled, then I hope they don’t go at a glacial pace like when PMUA tried to do that. Say what you will about the merger era livery, but they at least had a lot of paint lines open to get that on all the birds fast.

They could paint a large part of the widebody fleet when they go in for Polaris retrofits. Most of the 772 fleet and a large part of the 763 fleet have not been repainted since shortly after the merger and are due. The narrowbodies are in better shape with a large portion of them having received a paint job in the last ~3 years

United787

Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:48 pm

Although it would seem to make sense to do C/D checks or Polaris retrofits at the same time as painting, I don't believe they could be done concurrently or they aren't even set up to do them at the same location. Watch the United repainting video to get an idea of how involved it is, I couldn't imagine trying to do maintenance or interior modifications at the same time. You would have to do one and then the other so the time savings would be nil.

codc10

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:01 pm

United787 wrote:
Although it would seem to make sense to do C/D checks or Polaris retrofits at the same time as painting, I don't believe they could be done concurrently or they aren't even set up to do them at the same location. Watch the United repainting video to get an idea of how involved it is, I couldn't imagine trying to do maintenance or interior modifications at the same time. You would have to do one and then the other so the time savings would be nil.

Painting is a separate process from maintenance checks (they aren't done simultaneously) but they are often scheduled during the same general time period/visit to maintenance facilities, especially at contractors that do HMV and painting in one location.

cosyr

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:02 pm

codc10 wrote:
United787 wrote:

Painting is a separate process from maintenance checks (they aren't done simultaneously) but they are often scheduled during the same general time period/visit to maintenance facilities, especially at contractors that do HMV and painting in one location.

I know that they don't do it at the same place (does UA do any over its own full paint jobs?), but if they plan the time built into when planes are already out of service for a long stretch. I remember watching a documentary about AA's overhaul facility, and as planes arrived for large checks, they were cleaned in an abrasiveness way that removed a lot of paint, and would have necessitated some repainting regardless. I don't know if this process was unique for AA, with additional corrosion checks for their polished metal liveries.

alangator

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:40 pm

UA does not paint aircraft internally. In fact the paint job and heavy maintenance are conflicting work.
On a money stand point, say you have heavy maintenance every 4-6 years and with paint being every 7 years, grouping them together over the life of the aircraft you would end up painting the aircraft more times than required and eating up all the green time and resetting the clock. Over the life of an aircraft, this can really add up in time the aircraft is parked and not flying.

CALTECH

Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:26 am

913 is in AMA for some upper wing skin warranty paint. Dont think it's another ruse.......
The gun is a precious Symbol of Freedom
Criminals are the deadly cancer on American society
Those who believe otherwise are consumed by an ideology
That is impervious to evidence of tyrants who disarm their citizens

intotheair

Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:30 am

Looks like 3267 is making its first revenue flight in new colors to CLE tonight and back to LAX in the morning.

Can't wait to see the beauty shots that were taken today over the Central Coast.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN

calpsafltskeds

Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:38 am

763:
N655UA exited MCO maint 2756/25Apr

788:
N30913 exited AMA 2735/26Apr, understand warranty touch up work, no new livery

78X:
N16009 sked to enter IAD Induction 2712/27Apr

VC10er

Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:10 pm

WHY OH WHY, would United choose a 737 of any type to unveil the new livery? I have no idea how the enormous UNITED will look on a 77W? Perhaps fabulous, perhaps overwhelming. But given that one of UNITED’s biggest feathers in it’s cap is her GLOBAL reach and frequency from so many major cities, unveiling it on an international WB, 787 Or 77W would have been FAR more appropriate- even if UA is on a major mission to expand domestic operations. “IF” UA still had younger, good 744’s or new 748’s, certainly they would have used one to unveil it. (Like LH, who knows the gen pop still love the Queen)- but just because she’s gone UA still has some very nice NEW wide body ac.

The new livery is the exact degree of change I expected, I’d say a 4 (out of 1 to 10) Some design decisions they made may not have been what I would have done, but my opinion is irrelevant, it’s a vast improvement. The gold was dowdy looking and needed to go, and I actually did not think the gold was as harmful as I do now.

No matter the which livery, to me, UNITED was always a vibrant looking brand- from Saul Bass onward. While Battleship grey is a dull color, it did retain the Saul Bass sunset stripe, and vibrant tail.

This new livery seems as much “UNITED-like” to me, overall, even with the globe. It’s not reflective of a BRAND NEW airline - but it is UNITED.
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

TrafficCop

Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:20 pm

VC10er wrote:
WHY OH WHY, would United choose a 737 of any type to unveil the new livery? I have no idea how the enormous UNITED will look on a 77W? Perhaps fabulous, perhaps overwhelming. But given that one of UNITED’s biggest feathers in it’s cap is her GLOBAL reach and frequency from so many major cities, unveiling it on an international WB, 787 Or 77W would have been FAR more appropriate- even if UA is on a major mission to expand domestic operations. “IF” UA still had younger, good 744’s or new 748’s, certainly they would have used one to unveil it. (Like LH, who knows the gen pop still love the Queen)- but just because she’s gone UA still has some very nice NEW wide body ac.

The new livery is the exact degree of change I expected, I’d say a 4 (out of 1 to 10) Some design decisions they made may not have been what I would have done, but my opinion is irrelevant, it’s a vast improvement. The gold was dowdy looking and needed to go, and I actually did not think the gold was as harmful as I do now.

No matter the which livery, to me, UNITED was always a vibrant looking brand- from Saul Bass onward. While Battleship grey is a dull color, it did retain the Saul Bass sunset stripe, and vibrant tail.

This new livery seems as much “UNITED-like” to me, overall, even with the globe. It’s not reflective of a BRAND NEW airline - but it is UNITED.

Because a 737 will be able to go through more stations giving more chances for customers and employees to see.it. Same happened with retro Stars/Bars. It was supposed to be a 757 but went to a 320 instead that way would see more stations. Next up Star wars in the fall..

codc10

Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:19 pm

There’s at least 1 763 floating around in desperate need of a respray.

calpsafltskeds

Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:29 pm

Since all the 77Ws and 789/78X on property are a max of 5 years old, they aren't due for paint.

Its assumed this livery update is not major change (a modification of same branding) so aircraft will go through the livery change at normal paint cycles.

There are some 763/764/772 units that don't appear to have been repainted since the merger and the 788s are 7 years old.

There are no aircraft in paint at this time and I don't expect any painting this summer with the MAX situation. It looks like UA pulled one of 3 772 Polaris mod units to help cover the MAX situation and its only April. In essence, unless the next 2 78Xs unit are in new livery, the sole 738 will appear to be a special livery maybe until the MAX issue to well behind us.

adamblang

Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:54 pm

VC10er wrote:
WHY OH WHY, would United choose a 737 of any type to unveil the new livery?

Conjecture 1:

Gotta fit the airplane in a hangar at a photogenic angle with room for the gathered crowd for the unveiling. A widebody will take up the whole hangar, straight in, with no room for the gathered employees.

Conjecture 2:

737 outta go first – optimize the livery to that – since ~350 are in service with another ~150 on the way. The 737 is by far the most important iteration of the livery – more planes, more gate time (higher daily cycles compared to widebodies = more times per day seen pulling up at a gate per plane).

Plus if you optimize the design to the 737, it'll probably translate well to the A319/A320/757. That gets you to a design that looks great on ~50% of the fleet.

All that said, you wouldn't do your work to create an optimized livery for one type and then unveil it on a different type. (I'm sure the livery will look great on widebodies and RJs, but translating art to a different medium always makes some compromises.)
146 319 320 321 332 333 343 717 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 789 AR1 AT4 CNA CR2 CR7 DC9 ER3 ERD ER4 E70 E75 E90

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:16 pm

adamblang wrote:
VC10er wrote:

Conjecture 1:

Gotta fit the airplane in a hangar at a photogenic angle with room for the gathered crowd for the unveiling. A widebody will take up the whole hangar, straight in, with no room for the gathered employees.

Conjecture 2:

737 outta go first – optimize the livery to that – since ~350 are in service with another ~150 on the way. The 737 is by far the most important iteration of the livery – more planes, more gate time (higher daily cycles compared to widebodies = more times per day seen pulling up at a gate per plane).

Plus if you optimize the design to the 737, it'll probably translate well to the A319/A320/757. That gets you to a design that looks great on ~50% of the fleet.

All that said, you wouldn't do your work to create an optimized livery for one type and then unveil it on a different type. (I'm sure the livery will look great on widebodies and RJs, but translating art to a different medium always makes some compromises.)

In addition, it's probably also the easiest aircraft to take out of service for a PR event. Tying up a widebody would be rather poor utilization.

Themotionman

Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:32 pm

If UA can move their B737MAX fleet around without pax onboard then can they not repaint those as they are sat idle. Whilst they certainly are not in need of a repaint, wouldn't it be wise to repaint them now rather then take them out of service in future years?

adamblang

Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:07 pm

Themotionman wrote:
If UA can move their B737MAX fleet around without pax onboard then can they not repaint those as they are sat idle. Whilst they certainly are not in need of a repaint, wouldn't it be wise to repaint them now rather then take them out of service in future years?

That'd be an especially good idea if United's already paid for paint shop time but can't use it because the intended frames are busy covering for MAX groundings.
146 319 320 321 332 333 343 717 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 789 AR1 AT4 CNA CR2 CR7 DC9 ER3 ERD ER4 E70 E75 E90

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:16 pm

Themotionman wrote:

The MAX may not be the best poster child at the moment! Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but it may not look good from a public image perspective.

Airlines0613

Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:42 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
Themotionman wrote:

The MAX may not be the best poster child at the moment! Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but it may not look good from a public image perspective.

I disagree with you. I highly doubt passenger can tell the difference between a 739 with Split Scimitar winglets and a 7M9. Just think about it, even some people on here have a hard time deciphering if it’s a NG or a MAX.

I don’t think it’ll be a bad image, but it will be a waste of money when the paint is only a couple of months old.

Themotionman

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:45 pm

Airlines0613 wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
Themotionman wrote:

I disagree with you. I highly doubt passenger can tell the difference between a 739 with Split Scimitar winglets and a 7M9. Just think about it, even some people on here have a hard time deciphering if it’s a NG or a MAX.

I don’t think it’ll be a bad image, but it will be a waste of money when the paint is only a couple of months old.

For the vast majority of travellers, a plane is a plane. And anyway, from a public image perspective, both liveries display 'UNITED' and their globe, the only real difference is the colour of the globe. Most travellers will not notice the livery change.

cosyr

Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:12 pm

Themotionman wrote:
Airlines0613 wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:

For the vast majority of travellers, a plane is a plane. And anyway, from a public image perspective, both liveries display 'UNITED' and their globe, the only real difference is the colour of the globe. Most travellers will not notice the livery change.

Some have an just enough knowledge of airplanes to cause trouble. I once heard a woman who said she flew 100k miles a year for work tell people at a gate, that our delay was caused because UA uses these Embraers. "DL on the other hand, flies Airbuses, and they are much nicer." It took a lot for me not to correct her and tell her that all three legacy airlines fly the same 737's, A320's and Embraers.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:24 pm

The fleet changes and fleet status posts at the start of this thread have been updated.

✈️ atcsundevil

audidudi

Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:16 pm

It looks like the first of the ex-easyJet A319s will arrive in the US soon (courtesy of skyliner-aviation.de):

Airbus A319-132 2739 N870UB United Airlines regd 26 April 2019 prior delivery ex PRG ex OE-IDE

KVH68

Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:49 pm

audidudi wrote:
It looks like the first of the ex-easyJet A319s will arrive in the US soon (courtesy of skyliner-aviation.de):

Airbus A319-132 2739 N870UB United Airlines regd 26 April 2019 prior delivery ex PRG ex OE-IDE

Shows it as an A319 with V2500 engines. United picked an interesting registration "UB"

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... p/Qp9ZURkO

calpsafltskeds

Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:35 pm

That unit looks like the former Shaheen Air AP-BNO. N number is very Odd as you'd think it would be Nx870U. Airbus serial number would make this unit a 5th Shaheen Air aircraft shown as current aircraft on Planespotters and also on Fleet site United Mainline Fleet tab at top left, then go to 319 tab.

easyJet units CFM engines are shown Future aircraft on Planespotters and and also shown on the United Mainline Fleet tab.

Airlines0613

Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:08 pm

cosyr wrote:
Themotionman wrote:
Airlines0613 wrote:

Some have an just enough knowledge of airplanes to cause trouble. I once heard a woman who said she flew 100k miles a year for work tell people at a gate, that our delay was caused because UA uses these Embraers. "DL on the other hand, flies Airbuses, and they are much nicer." It took a lot for me not to correct her and tell her that all three legacy airlines fly the same 737's, A320's and Embraers.

I can see some people having knowledge on different aircraft types as a B737 is notability different than a A320, but I highly doubt they can tell a difference between variants of the same type. As in, they can’t tell the difference between a CEO and a NEO, along with a NG and a MAX.

Funny thing about that lady’s comment, Embraer aircraft tend to be more comfortable, in my opinion, than either B737 and/or A320. Better seat width and overall less crowded.

KVH68

Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:05 pm

Did this aircraft ever fly with Shaheen? On the Delivered date, its says, "ntu" Not Taken Up?

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... p/Qp9ZURkO

1989worstyear

Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:41 pm

Airlines0613 wrote:
cosyr wrote:
Themotionman wrote:

I can see some people having knowledge on different aircraft types as a B737 is notability different than a A320, but I highly doubt they can tell a difference between variants of the same type. As in, they can’t tell the difference between a CEO and a NEO, along with a NG and a MAX.

Funny thing about that lady’s comment, Embraer aircraft tend to be more comfortable, in my opinion, than either B737 and/or A320. Better seat width and overall less crowded.

Yeah - that comment made me laugh out loud regarding the E-Jets :lol:

Regarding the CEO vs. NEO, that's quite understandable. A 30 year old -200 CEO and a brand new NEO are nearly identical except the engines.
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...

Runway28L

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:18 pm

N685UA (ex-HA) ferried GYR-LAX as UA2714. Aircraft has globe paint, it did not receive the new livery for those wondering. It was painted back in February and stored.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/N590HA

Not sure why FR24 still has it listed as N590HA even months after the change.
Greetings from KPIT! Check out my photos here: https://www.airliners.net/search?user=45 ... teAccepted

KVH68

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:34 pm

Runway28L wrote:
N685UA (ex-HA) ferried GYR-LAX as UA2714. Aircraft has globe paint, it did not receive the new livery for those wondering. It was painted back in February and stored.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/N590HA

Not sure why FR24 still has it listed as N590HA even months after the change.

This aircraft is going to Hong Kong for maintenance. AC# 6685

cosyr

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:29 pm

1989worstyear wrote:
Airlines0613 wrote:
cosyr wrote:

Yeah - that comment made me laugh out loud regarding the E-Jets :lol:

Regarding the CEO vs. NEO, that's quite understandable. A 30 year old -200 CEO and a brand new NEO are nearly identical except the engines.

Also, a 30 year old with a refreshed interior would look nicer to a passenger than a 10 year old with the original interior.

VC10er

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:05 am

cosyr wrote:
Themotionman wrote:
Airlines0613 wrote:

I certainly, but very nicely, corrected her. Mainly because I would hedge my bets she’s a United hater. Perhaps for kicks, I’d tell her Delta still flies L-1011’s!

VC10er

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:23 am

adamblang wrote:
VC10er wrote:

Conjecture 1:

Conjecture 2:

Actually it doesn’t work that way under conjecture 2.

We don’t design to worst case scenario first, ever. It’s done holistically. We might add the worst case or most problematic to design on along with the optional cases to make sure what is designed will still work well on the least optimal. United has 3D CADS of every frame fully designed already and probably made the final approval based off the cads. The ones that are so realistic, and turn in any angle against many different potential environments.

Not having an available 787 or 77W is probably the best reason to go with the 787-800. Also, this livery change was more hyped up than it should have been, and I don’t totally blame United for that. United is a media magnet and the press made a bigger fuss than UA did.

Not long ago were water cannons or enormous hangers with videos and expensive lighting, champagne and caviar!
I was at the PEPSI BLUE Concord reveal. It was one of the most expensive events I’ve ever been to. Even PEPSI’s 3 biggest celebrities were there and walked off the jet for photo ops!

CALTECH

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:52 am

Aircraft are painted every 6-8 years, so looking at that time frame for the whole fleet to get the new livery. Haven't seen a Fleet Campaign to repaint the fleet, but that could change. But this evolution livery looks like it needs a complete paint job, not a patch. No major painting is done in house for United anymore, those days are gone. CAL used to do it at LAX, and IIRC UAL used to do it at San Fran.

adamblang

Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:54 am

VC10er wrote:
We don’t design to worst case scenario first, ever. It’s done holistically. We might add the worst case or most problematic to design on along with the optional cases to make sure what is designed will still work well on the least optimal. United has 3D CADS of every frame fully designed already and probably made the final approval based off the cads. The ones that are so realistic, and turn in any angle against many different potential environments.

I didn't say anything about designing worst case, just most common case.

calpsafltskeds

Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:15 am

763:
N685UA, former N590HA, ferried GYR-LAX 2714/28Apr.
My guess is N685UA will ferry to HKG after N684UA exits with high J Polaris/PE (STC for ex HAL aircraft). 
Based on dates, looks like N677UA should be ready within a few days to exit HKG and a replacement unit into mod will provide enough released Y seats for all three HA units.

788:
N29907 entered XMN maint 2743/28Apr

789:
N26967 exited XMN maint 2742/29Apr

SBAer

Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:54 am

Why has N460UA been in Miami for so long? The Wiki fleet site says it arrived there Feb 4th.

Airlines0613

Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:14 am

SBAer wrote:
Why has N460UA been in Miami for so long? The Wiki fleet site says it arrived there Feb 4th.

According to Flightradar24, it took off a couple of days ago from MIA heading to an unknown airport, but was diverted back to MIA. Also, the scheduled flight from MIA-IAH was cancelled. Possible maintenance issue that can’t be resolved?

fun2fly

Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:47 am

N677UA High J Polaris Mod 763 in HKG did a test hop 3 days ago. Any news on entry to service?

KVH68

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:32 pm

fun2fly wrote:
N677UA High J Polaris Mod 763 in HKG did a test hop 3 days ago. Any news on entry to service?

It is expected to return to service between May 6 and May 7. We don't know why they test flew the airplane during the middle of the visit. There is still some work to be done.

calpsafltskeds

Wed May 01, 2019 2:34 pm

39M:
N47517 entered ARA 4/30 for paint, assume it will be Evolution Blue

763:
N685UA sked 2714/1May LAX-HNL, then 22715/2May HNL-HKG for High J Polaris/PE.

jayunited

Wed May 01, 2019 4:44 pm

KVH68 wrote:
fun2fly wrote:

It is expected to return to service between May 6 and May 7. We don't know why they test flew the airplane during the middle of the visit. There is still some work to be done.

There was an update put out yesterday in the SSD on N677UA. If all goes according to plan it should ferry position on May 6 for now the planned routing is HKG-HNL-DEN-EWR. The current routing in Unimatic wasn't updated on yesterday, I'm not in the office yet to see if it has been updated in Unimatic but the preliminary report has it returning to service next week.

UAinAUS

Thu May 02, 2019 10:07 am

UAX Update:

E45X:
N12172 has left ExpressJet and is now part of the CommutAir fleet for UAX

E175:
N601UX (first ERJ-175SC) has been delivered to ExpressJet. Service entry soon.

GmoneyCO

Thu May 02, 2019 3:26 pm

319:
N870UB (used A319 purchased from AerCap) - Currently en-route to GYR from Prague. Flight numbers are 2713/2712/2711 depending on the leg.https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N870UB

SeanB777YUL

Thu May 02, 2019 5:46 pm

Will the new E175's being delivered to Expressjet, for UAX, come in the new livery?

SBAer

Thu May 02, 2019 6:19 pm

GmoneyCO wrote:
319:
N870UB (used A319 purchased from AerCap) - Currently en-route to GYR from Prague. Flight numbers are 2713/2712/2711 depending on the leg.https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N870UB

Looks like the flight to DLH landed back at KEF

UAinAUS

Thu May 02, 2019 8:53 pm

SeanB777YUL wrote:
Will the new E175's being delivered to Expressjet, for UAX, come in the new livery?

The first 4 will be in the “old” livery. I’ve heard new livery will start with the 5th delivery.

CALTECH

Thu May 02, 2019 9:24 pm

cosyr wrote:
I never understand this. Every plane in their fleet will need either a C or a D check in less time than 7 years. Just do them when they're out of service anyway!

The MX bases do not do paint and the paint bases do not do MX.

CALTECH

Thu May 02, 2019 9:28 pm

Themotionman wrote:

Why would you want to ruin a perfectly good and new paint job, especially when there are other aircraft that will stay in the older livery for years ? Does not make financial sense. The MAX and 787 paint jobs are closer to the new livery than the other aircraft fleets are.

STT757

Thu May 02, 2019 9:37 pm

CALTECH wrote:
cosyr wrote:

The MX bases do not do paint and the paint bases do not do MX.

Question about maintenance bases, why does UA still do maintenance at HOU and airport they don’t serve. Either add a flight or two to Denver to rotate aircraft through there in revenue service or build replacement facilities at IAH or MCO.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos