alasizon

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:48 am

Vctony wrote:
anymaninfc wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
Word is the L-US B752 fleet is now going to have ViaSat wifi installed. Any confirmation on that?

Half the LUS fleet has 2KU, and per JonNYC I understand the remaining five aircraft will also get the 2KU early next year.

Does this mean that the aircraft will be staying longer than 2020?

It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to install it early next year and then retire the aircraft at the end of the year.

Most recent fleet plan still has them retiring by end of 2021 but even a year and a half is worth it when you consider that they are doing a lot of 4/5 hour sectors from PHX plus LIH with no Wifi and an inconsistent product for the fleet.
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner

USAirKid

Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:35 am

alasizon wrote:
Vctony wrote:
anymaninfc wrote:

Half the LUS fleet has 2KU, and per JonNYC I understand the remaining five aircraft will also get the 2KU early next year.

It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to install it early next year and then retire the aircraft at the end of the year.

Most recent fleet plan still has them retiring by end of 2021 but even a year and a half is worth it when you consider that they are doing a lot of 4/5 hour sectors from PHX plus LIH with no Wifi and an inconsistent product for the fleet.

Is it possible for some of that equipment to be removed at retirement and reused? That’d reduce to cost to install and removal labor.

alasizon

Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:42 am

USAirKid wrote:
alasizon wrote:
Vctony wrote:

Is it possible for some of that equipment to be removed at retirement and reused? That’d reduce to cost to install and removal labor.

My understanding is that about 40-50% of the hardware is interchangeable from all aircraft using the old air to ground technology, I'd imagine that would improve with satellite based technologies.

anymaninfc

Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:00 am

Vctony wrote:
anymaninfc wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
Word is the L-US B752 fleet is now going to have ViaSat wifi installed. Any confirmation on that?

It probably depends on A321 deliveries being on schedule next year, plus getting the B737MAX back in the air plus the back up of undelivered MAXs into service. But who am I to speculate?

Runway28L

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:53 pm

A21N N412UW scheduled to ferry BFM-PIT tomorrow night for delivery and induction.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/AA9707

OB1504

Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:35 pm

anymaninfc wrote:
phllax wrote:
What is the status of seatback IFE on the legacy LAA 319's? Is it still there or already pulled. How about the used birds they got last 2 years, specifically N772XF?

LAAs A319s are rather new, and are often used for international flights, thus AA is expected to leave the IFE in these aircraft. N772XF, I don't know about, although it is supposedly standardized to the rest of the A319 fleet, sans the LAA. So my guess would be N772XF probably does not have IFE installed.

All A319s have the same seating configuration with 30” pitch in economy and they don’t need to be Oasis-ified. The LAA A319s were delivered in the current configuration with inseat IFE.

The LUS A319s were reconfigured shortly after the merger to shrink the F cabin and cram more seats into Y, bringing them in line with the LAA birds.

The ex-Frontier A319s are configured identically to the LUS A319s, including no IFE.

phllax

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:12 am

OB1504 wrote:
anymaninfc wrote:
phllax wrote:
What is the status of seatback IFE on the legacy LAA 319's? Is it still there or already pulled. How about the used birds they got last 2 years, specifically N772XF?

LAAs A319s are rather new, and are often used for international flights, thus AA is expected to leave the IFE in these aircraft. N772XF, I don't know about, although it is supposedly standardized to the rest of the A319 fleet, sans the LAA. So my guess would be N772XF probably does not have IFE installed.

All A319s have the same seating configuration with 30” pitch in economy and they don’t need to be Oasis-ified. The LAA A319s were delivered in the current configuration with inseat IFE.

The LUS A319s were reconfigured shortly after the merger to shrink the F cabin and cram more seats into Y, bringing them in line with the LAA birds.

The ex-Frontier A319s are configured identically to the LUS A319s, including no IFE.

There are some small differences between the fleets. The LUS birds have 3 jump seats in the back and the area where the overs were is walled off. The rear lavs have folding doors and trash bins outside them. They also retained their original closets in the front that go to the ceiling. The LHP birds have no jump seat at 2R, have open areas where the ovens were, have doors for the rear lavs, and the forward closets were added post AA merger. They do not go to the ceiling as the LUS birds do, but end under the overheads.

chepos

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:25 am

phllax wrote:
OB1504 wrote:
anymaninfc wrote:

There are some small differences between the fleets. The LUS birds have 3 jump seats in the back and the area where the overs were is walled off. The rear lavs have folding doors and trash bins outside them. They also retained their original closets in the front that go to the ceiling. The LHP birds have no jump seat at 2R, have open areas where the ovens were, have doors for the rear lavs, and the forward closets were added post AA merger. They do not go to the ceiling as the LUS birds do, but end under the overheads.

No “monuments” or trash bins outside the lavs on the 319 West birds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

phllax

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:46 am

chepos wrote:

Did I miss anything else from the pax perspective? I swore the LUS 319’s were all also EOW, or was that the first batch of non-Shuttle 320’s delivered?

Also, I noticed that the exit lights at the window and at the front didn’t illuminate on either the East or West bird when the gear went down.

anymaninfc

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:53 am

Runway28L wrote:
A21N N412UW scheduled to ferry BFM-PIT tomorrow night for delivery and induction.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/AA9707

Currently shows departing BFM at 3pm CST on AAL9707.

alasizon

Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:47 pm

phllax wrote:
chepos wrote:

Did I miss anything else from the pax perspective? I swore the LUS 319’s were all also EOW, or was that the first batch of non-Shuttle 320’s delivered?

Also, I noticed that the exit lights at the window and at the front didn’t illuminate on either the East or West bird when the gear went down.

Only some of the LUS East 319s are EOW.

bmibaby737

Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:12 am

N606SK is now operating for American Eagle having previously flown for Delta Connection; does anyone know if it's been repainted into American Eagle livery or if it's in the SkyWest house livery??

alasizon

Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:26 pm

bmibaby737 wrote:
N606SK is now operating for American Eagle having previously flown for Delta Connection; does anyone know if it's been repainted into American Eagle livery or if it's in the SkyWest house livery??

It is in the AA livery. There are a handful of ex-DL CR7s coming on line over the coming months. Some will be replacing the old ex-UA 70 seaters while others are part of the additional 10 planes they were awarded.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos