FGITD

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:53 pm

johhn14 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
Noticed a PreCheck line at Terminal E for the first time (on the far right side). Since when is that line operational? Must have completely missed it before...

Precheck has been in E for a while - years. It was on the left last I was there though (Jan).

Precheck comes and goes. Sometimes it's open for a few months, then gone. Today for example there is no precheck line on either side.

B752OS

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:31 am

iyerhari wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
airbazar wrote:

I haven't seen the new AA expansion.

Iyerhari is a frequent AA flyer and reports that it’s very good on that side. I get to see it with my own eyes on Monday when I fly to CLT, although as it’s a 5am departure I suspect much will be closed when i pass through.

The newly remodeled Terminal B is done really nice. They created a nice central dome outside the security plus several other modeling changes. AA has completely moved to the LUS zone now. The restaurant options are also far better compared to what we used to have during the LUS days. I believe the AA side is being connected to gates B1-3 AC side. IMO, the one advantage that AA has is they do not anticipate any further expansion and once Massport connects B-E, it will be a better experience for connections. There will be however very few connection options anyways for international as AA flies to only to hubs plus a handful of AAE stations.

Each terminal at Logan has their own set of challenges and some good points.

Yes, AC's 3 gates, B1-3, will be opened up to the rest of the terminal and it's going to make a massive difference for AC passengers.

Logan faces space constraints (as we all know) which severely limits what Massport can do. But Massport has done a great job over the last decade making nice upgrades to the airport working within those constraints. Once the B to C connector is done and Terminal E is fully built out, apart from the C piers, it'll be a pretty nice airport.

jworks158

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:48 pm

The first Korean 789 landing curtesy NBC Boston and Picture Boston https://twitter.com/NBC10Boston/status/ ... 0550016001
(A359,A343/A346,A332,A319/320/321,A220-100)(B788,B772,B762,B752,B744/B748,B732/B737/B738,B717)(E190,E145)(CRJ100/200, Dash 8-200)(MD-83)
JB,UA(C5,EV,CHQ,AX),AA(EGF,ZW,AX,PT),DL(OH,YX),FL,WN,LH,BA,AF,AZ,IB,VX,CO
https://my.flightradar24.com/theorangetechie

EK77WNH

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:57 pm

All these BLUE planes...WTH? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Next Trip:
JAL 7-8 BOS-NRT-BOS, 787-9
September

jworks158

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:09 pm

EK77WNH wrote:
All these BLUE planes...WTH? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The first b6 A321 neo with the new balloons tail won't help the cause. https://twitter.com/Tobias_Gudat/status ... 9716213765
(A359,A343/A346,A332,A319/320/321,A220-100)(B788,B772,B762,B752,B744/B748,B732/B737/B738,B717)(E190,E145)(CRJ100/200, Dash 8-200)(MD-83)

iyerhari

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:44 pm

B752OS wrote:
Yes, AC's 3 gates, B1-3, will be opened up to the rest of the terminal and it's going to make a massive difference for AC passengers.

Logan faces space constraints (as we all know) which severely limits what Massport can do. But Massport has done a great job over the last decade making nice upgrades to the airport working within those constraints. Once the B to C connector is done and Terminal E is fully built out, apart from the C piers, it'll be a pretty nice airport.

Thank you. I haven't been to the Pier B side of Terminal B in a longtime since AA moved to the remodeled LUS zone. Does Massport plan to do a modeling there for WN gates specifically or WN just gets those gates?

VS4ever

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:45 pm

iyerhari wrote:
B752OS wrote:

Thank you. I haven't been to the Pier B side of Terminal B in a longtime since AA moved to the remodeled LUS zone. Does Massport plan to do a modeling there for WN gates specifically or WN just gets those gates?

There will be some modeling by default as WN are having 2 new gates built in order to get to their 5 total needed.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

LH423

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:53 pm

gatibosgru wrote:
Any plans from CM or JJ to eat up some of the lost AV traffic with either increase capacity or send bigger birds?

I think you'll probably see JJ increase frequencies further before sending a 777 or 350. They've already added an additional weekly flight (announced before the draw down of AV), bringing them to 5x weekly this summer, operating x25. CM, while not as affected by the MAX issues as other airlines, will need probably to wait for the issues with that aircraft resolved before they can contemplate further growth. Assuming, however, that AV wasn't creating overcapacity to the region and CMs trajectory of increased LFs and frequencies continues, it's not out of the realm of possibility to imagine they'll increase toward double-daily service and/or MAX9/10 upgauges. Though, in the case of the latter, probably not before they have enough to service the destinations that put the range of the -800s to the test.

VS4ever wrote:
airbazar wrote:

I haven't seen the new AA expansion.

Iyerhari is a frequent AA flyer and reports that it’s very good on that side. I get to see it with my own eyes on Monday when I fly to CLT, although as it’s a 5am departure I suspect much will be closed when i pass through.

A friend of mine flew out on AA the other day and posted some photos on social media. I didn't recognize it as anywhere at Logan. It looks quite impressive.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

FGITD

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:17 pm

LH423 wrote:

A friend of mine flew out on AA the other day and posted some photos on social media. I didn't recognize it as anywhere at Logan. It looks quite impressive.

LH423

I recently saw updated images of what the new terminal E expansion is going to look like, and it's gorgeous. To their credit, when Massport builds, they build it right. (Exception being the 380 gates, but what can you do when airlines tell you X then change and do Y)

Minor update for those who care (mostly those who enjoy keeping track) gate E4 is going out of service for a little while, North cargo is being gutted, and as more carriers and more equipment arrives, there's nowhere to go. If you're flying Norwegian or your flights are delayed this summer, you'll be getting a nice tour of the ramp from a massport bus. Be sure to give us a wave.

Also rumors circulating of some more competition to the middle east coming into play, possibly next year.

And to round things off, I heard from a reliable source that the Sichuian airlines idea barely even exists on paper anymore.

VS4ever

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:58 pm

FGITD wrote:
LH423 wrote:

LH423

I recently saw updated images of what the new terminal E expansion is going to look like, and it's gorgeous. To their credit, when Massport builds, they build it right. (Exception being the 380 gates, but what can you do when airlines tell you X then change and do Y)

Minor update for those who care (mostly those who enjoy keeping track) gate E4 is going out of service for a little while, North cargo is being gutted, and as more carriers and more equipment arrives, there's nowhere to go. If you're flying Norwegian or your flights are delayed this summer, you'll be getting a nice tour of the ramp from a massport bus. Be sure to give us a wave.

Also rumors circulating of some more competition to the middle east coming into play, possibly next year.

And to round things off, I heard from a reliable source that the Sichuian airlines idea barely even exists on paper anymore.

Hark do I hear the EY sing... I’ve always wondered if they would show up. Or maybe Saudi given the royal family are here a bunch.... :)
I don’t think many were convinced about Sichuan turning up, the secondary China to US market is still in its infancy.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

adamh8297

Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:22 pm

VS4ever wrote:
FGITD wrote:
LH423 wrote:

LH423

Hark do I hear the EY sing... I’ve always wondered if they would show up. Or maybe Saudi given the royal family are here a bunch.... :)
I don’t think many were convinced about Sichuan turning up, the secondary China to US market is still in its infancy.

There's 7 airlines from Middle East that aren't in BOS that are allowed to fly to USA.

Here's my order:

1) Saudia (SV) - as VS4ever mentioned the Royal family but they can link one to the subcontinent and medical tourism is huge from Saudi Arabia to BOS. 787-10's are coming which could allow them to free a 789 which would be better for BOS. Could get feed from both DL and B6.
2) Etihad (EY) - they still have the B6 network to lean on in BOS and plenty of widebodies coming in. They bolted on SFO and DFW though but maybe for good reasons (AI entering SFO, AA cutting interline agreement for DFW)
3) Egypt Air (MS) - They did expand to IAD this summer and have a B6 interline. Though tourism to Egypt is a potential draw, they have very little subcontinent links.
4) Oman Air (WY) - this would be cool if BOS was a back up in case they didn't get a slot they wanted in NYC. They have only a handful widebodies on order and would need a link to B6. Tourism to Oman is also on the rise.
5) Gulf Air (GF) - Attempt at return to glory days? They have some widebodies and serve subcontinent OK.
6) Royal Jordanian (RJ) - Network is the paltriest - zero India
7)Kuwait Airways (KU) - No alcohol served on board, bad press coverage over the Israeli passengers, but they do have widebodies on order and India service.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

Dieuwer

Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:54 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
FGITD wrote:

There's 7 airlines from Middle East that aren't in BOS that are allowed to fly to USA.

Here's my order:

1) Saudia (SV) - as VS4ever mentioned the Royal family but they can link one to the subcontinent and medical tourism is huge from Saudi Arabia to BOS. 787-10's are coming which could allow them to free a 789 which would be better for BOS. Could get feed from both DL and B6.
2) Etihad (EY) - they still have the B6 network to lean on in BOS and plenty of widebodies coming in. They bolted on SFO and DFW though but maybe for good reasons (AI entering SFO, AA cutting interline agreement for DFW)
3) Egypt Air (MS) - They did expand to IAD this summer and have a B6 interline. Though tourism to Egypt is a potential draw, they have very little subcontinent links.
4) Oman Air (WY) - this would be cool if BOS was a back up in case they didn't get a slot they wanted in NYC. They have only a handful widebodies on order and would need a link to B6. Tourism to Oman is also on the rise.
5) Gulf Air (GF) - Attempt at return to glory days? They have some widebodies and serve subcontinent OK.
7)Kuwait Airways (KU) - No alcohol served on board, bad press coverage over the Israeli passengers, but they do have widebodies on order and India service.

Are you seriously suggesting that ANY of these seven will fly to BOS in the (near) future??

VS4ever

Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:25 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

Here's my order:

Are you seriously suggesting that ANY of these seven will fly to BOS in the (near) future??

FGITD mentioned rumors of additional competition as close as next year, we are reacting to that with possibilities, as it's not EK, LY, TK and QR because they already fly to the Middle East, who else do you think that would be? Yes we are seriously suggesting one of those could be it, based on the rumor info provided. Do you have anything to suggest anyone else not in the list?

Dieuwer

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:21 pm

LO, OS?

VS4ever

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:27 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
LO, OS?

Both European airlines. Try again.

adamh8297

Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:04 pm

I didn't clarify it was order of likelihood. I think it's either SV or EY.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

w3gar

Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:25 pm

Even if they're seasonal, I wonder if JetBlue or Delta will start flights to SID or RAI, considering the large communities of Cape Verdeans found throughout NE.

Jouhou

Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:28 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

Here's my order:

Saudia is the only one likely. And that's only because of traffic originating out of Saudi Arabia. I don't think Boston is a major city for conservative Muslims nor is it a city with an industry cluster with important ties with Saudi Arabia.

Well I think I saw a murmur of a rumor once for Egypt Air but I think I took it as more wishful thinking than reality.

RAM was the only rumoured MENA surprise we could get, and that's already happened!

ramzi

Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:11 am

Jouhou wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:

Here's my order:

Saudia is the only one likely. And that's only because of traffic originating out of Saudi Arabia. I don't think Boston is a major city for conservative Muslims nor is it a city with an industry cluster with important ties with Saudi Arabia.

Well I think I saw a murmur of a rumor once for Egypt Air but I think I took it as more wishful thinking than reality.

RAM was the only rumoured MENA surprise we could get, and that's already happened!

There are tons of Saudi students in Boston funded by their government, plus tons of Saudi residents studying in Boston, thus many families travelling back and forth. SV entering the market would take those travelers away from other airlines (TK, EK, BA, etc), but in my opinion would have no difficulty sustaining, if not turning a profit. I'm skeptical the route would make sense year round, but maybe on an A332 or 789, 3 or 4 frequencies per week, increased during peak times. The SkyTeam connection with Delta definitely helps too, wouldn't be surprised if Delta is pushing them given their recent activity at BOS.

Hard to imagine any of the other airlines on that list flying to Boston in the foreseeable future. The market EY, KU, GF, and even WY would cover is already well taken care of by EK, QR, and TK. I just can't see how MS or RJ would work due to neither O&D nor enough connectivity.
There will come a time when you believe everything is finished - that will be the beginning.

johhn14

Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:15 am

Depending on your interpretation of the post it might be competition to the ME carriers, but not necessarily an ME carrier - Air India comes to mind or otherwise direct flights to the subcontinent bypassing the ME carriers.

Jouhou

Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:53 am

ramzi wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

There are tons of Saudi students in Boston funded by their government, plus tons of Saudi residents studying in Boston, thus many families travelling back and forth. SV entering the market would take those travelers away from other airlines (TK, EK, BA, etc), but in my opinion would have no difficulty sustaining, if not turning a profit. I'm skeptical the route would make sense year round, but maybe on an A332 or 789, 3 or 4 frequencies per week, increased during peak times. The SkyTeam connection with Delta definitely helps too, wouldn't be surprised if Delta is pushing them given their recent activity at BOS.

Hard to imagine any of the other airlines on that list flying to Boston in the foreseeable future. The market EY, KU, GF, and even WY would cover is already well taken care of by EK, QR, and TK. I just can't see how MS or RJ would work due to neither O&D nor enough connectivity.

I also think wealthy Saudi families that don't hate their female family members enjoy taking them abroad so they can enjoy the rights of human beings.

iyerhari

Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:03 pm

johhn14 wrote:
Depending on your interpretation of the post it might be competition to the ME carriers, but not necessarily an ME carrier - Air India comes to mind or otherwise direct flights to the subcontinent bypassing the ME carriers.

AI typically flies to the US on *A strongholds - ORD, IAD, SFO, EWR. JFK is an exception but JFK is a different animal for the Indian diaspora. There are much larger Indian populations located in the US IMO who may be candidates first vs. BOS. IAH, LAX etc. although LAX was terminated by AI. With 9W completely ruled out and depending on how SBI sets the rules for the bailout, for a longtime India based international airplanes may end up depending on AI thanks to Indian taxpayers :)

adamh8297 wrote:

Here's my order:

Very interesting - i will say this I flew once on KU and i did not like it. I had also read an article somewhere that EY and EK could merge depending on how the royal family can take it. EY also did not bailout 9W recently.

kq747

Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:41 pm

adamh8297 wrote:

Here's my order:

Don't think we can hope for GF or WY as they have no USA presence right now and I'd be completely shocked if BOS was their first destination as much as I would enjoy having them in BOS. Between EY and Jet Aiwarys' troubles, I wouldn't count on them opening a new long haul market like BOS until they're on solid footing again. SV or RJ are the most likely IMO even if that likelihood is super slim to begin with.

VS4ever

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:58 pm

T-100's are out for October (for International),

this is an abbreviated report, as WS did not report, so no overall or Canada numbers.

Report Set Up
1. Analysis is Month, quarter, YTD and Month by Month
2. 2, Summary Page by Region
3 BOS pages – showing routes from Boston only
4 Airline Pages – showing all routes by carrier for foreign flag carriers serving Boston, I have ignored AC for the time being as they are super complicated to fix up.
5 File link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=158fLj ... eN10_RI6m1
Comparatives will not match Massport numbers, for a number of reasons, including charter airlines being removed, diverts being removed, categorization differences to say but a few

Caribbean

Month: Still quiet season for the region 64k pax on 532 flights with 79K seats for an average load of 80.5%, best routes were SJU and PUJ which managed 86+%, the remaining routes all posted 70% plus, DL's BDA route was the lowest at 71.22%. Avg Pax were 119, 3rd lowest of the year so far.

YTD: 827k pax on 980K seats and 6,541 flights for a 84.48% load Unsurprisingly B6 takes the lion’s share of the market pulling 727K of that, DL ran 86K, then AA with around 14K. From a volume standpoint SJU still rules the roost at 188K, followed by AUA with 141K and BDA with 125K,

From a load standpoint,

Top 5 are 1) BGI (90.95%) on 17K pax, 2) PUJ (90.33%) on 68K pax 3) POP (89.69%) on 5K pax, 4) UVF (89.56%) on 5K pax and 5) GCM (88.39%) on 5K pax.

Bottom 5 are 1) BDA (73.34%) on 125K pax, 2) PLS (82.34%) on 20K pax, 3) PAP (82.63%) on 24K pax, 4) STI (83.6%) on 80K pax and 5) NAS (86.06%) on 28K pax

Canada -

No data due to WS not reporting their October numbers.

Airlines – YTD rankings only

PD –Month BOS was #1 station with 72.18%, followed by IAD with 69.65%, but they have 1/2 the flights.
YTD - BOS was #1 station with 74.13% followed by EWR with 70.06%, but double the flights

Europe -

Month: An decent month for the Europe Region 362K pax on 416k seats and 1,580 flights for an average of 86.78%., four routes didn't break 70% for the month VS - MAN (64.55%, 4 flights). VR - RAI (58.41%), SK (68.63%), S4 - TER (63.67%).
A number of routes posted above 90%, DI to LGW took #1 spot with 92.75% (no wonder DL want in!), LH took #2 and #3 with FRA and MUC respectively 91.61% and 91.54%. Level dropped to #4 with 90.85% and rounded out with FI with 90.17%.

YTD: 3.33m pax on 3.96M seats and 15,075 flights for a 84.21% load, two routes have averaged above 90% for YTD across their carriers, that would be IB (Level) and DY/DI (LGW), SK has averaged barely over 60% for the year and 6 more routes averaged under 80% for the year.

Top 5 are 1) BCN (93.71%) on 45K pax, 2) LGW (91.62%) on 175K pax 3) FCO (88.30%) on 102K pax, 4) CDG (88.21%) on 345K pax (AF #1 with 89.96%) and 5) AMS (87.83%) on 240K pax.

Bottom 5 are 1) CPH (62.6%) on 49K pax, 2) RAI (74.26%) on 12K pax, 3) TER (75.46%) on 20K pax, 4) STN (76.65%) on 10K pax and 5) MAN (78.14%) on 43K pax (MT won with 80.96%)

In terms of comparatives, BOS ranked the following: numbers in ( ) are how many in each listing

AF – 2nd (13) – 89.96% JFK 1st and SFO currently 3rd
AZ - 1st (6) – 88.30% ahead of MIA and LAX
BA – 13th (22) - 81.97%, ahead of DFW, but behind SAN, #1 was SEA 6% ahead with SFO #2
DL - AMS – 6th (13) 87.83%, ahead of LAX and behind MCO which overtook BOS this month, #1 ATL, #2 JFK
DL - CDG – 8th (14) – 85.32% ahead of MSP, behind SEA, #1 LAX 5% ahead, #2 EWR, less than 3% difference between EWR and BOS.
DL – LHR – 7th (9) – 77.25%, ahead of JFK, behind SEA (only had a couple of flights), #1 SLC by 9% from BOS, #2 MSP
DL - DUB - 2nd (3) – 86.72% was pretty good, but using smaller aircraft than JFK/ATL, ATL #1
DY - LGW - 1st (11) – 91.62% ahead of JFK as #2 and LAS as #3
DY - CDG – 3rd (7) – 88.59%, behind LAX, but ahead of FLL
EI - DUB & SNN – 2nd and 12th (14) – 87.29% and 80.12%, winner was JFK with SEA pushed back to #3
FI - 2nd (18) .81.74%, only SEA ahead by about 2%, EWR dropped back to #3
IB - MAD - 3rd (7) – 84.4%, JFK and MIA led the way, with SJU bringing up the rear, interesting ORD was also less than 80%
IB (Level) - BCN - 1st (3) 93.71%, have to surely give consideration to at least 1 more frequency?
LH - FRA – 2nd (19) 87.05% behind, EWR, but flipped ahead of SEA following this months 90%+ result
LH - MUC -5th (10) with 83.64%, behind MIA and ahead of ORD, wiinner was EWR, LAX #2.
LX – 3rd (7) – 85.82%, 0.8% behind MIA in first and SFO in 2nd. Running ahead of LAX by about 0.5%
MT - 7th (7) – 80.96% - way lower than all the other routes, sadly unsurprising why it was cut.
SK - 6th (6) -62.6%, last by over 10%, this one can’t survive surely unless like DL with LHR they are getting a lot of upfront traffic?
TP - 5th (5) – 86.66%, but only 2% behind EWR and on par with JFK.
VS - LHR 6th (9) – 76.54%, ahead of SEA, behind EWR (by 0.5%), winner was ATL with 81.25%
VS – MAN 6th (6) – 74.12%, 0.8% behind SFO and 6% behind JFK in #1.
WW - 4th (14) – 82.19%, less than 0.2% behind SFO in 3rd, 5% behind BWI in 1st and ahead of ORD.

Middle East-

Month: Mid East Region managed 49K pax on 63k seats and 210 flights for an average of 78.94%.EK managed 274 pax per flight during the month, LY and TK managed over 85%

LY - #1` with 87.62% on 5k pax and 198 per flight
TK - #2 with 86.25% on 15k pax and 249 per flight
EK - #3 with 77.35% on 17k pax and 274 per flight
QR - #4 with 71.75% on 12K pax and 198 per flight

YTD: Mid East Region managed 511K pax on 599k seats and 2,005 flights for an average of 85.43%. EK managed 317 pax per flight during the year, all airlines posted above 80% for the year
EK - #1 with 89.43% on 192k pax and 317 per flight
TK - #2 with 86.87% on 140k pax and 251 per flight
LY - #3 with 81.89% on 42k pax and 179 per flight
QR - #4 with 80.11% on 137K pax and 227 per flight

In terms of comparatives, BOS ranked the following: numbers in ( ) are how many in each listing

EK - 2nd (12) – 89.43%, 1.5% behind SEA in first and ahead of SFO and JFK. MCO brought up the rear.
LY – 5th (5) – 81.89%, 2.0% behind LAX, #1 was JFK
QR – 3rd (10) – 80.11% 0.4% behind ATL, basement dweller was MIA with only 68%.
TK – 6th (9) – 86.87%, 3% behind LAX, ATL finished last at 76%

Asia-

Month: Asia Region managed 44K pax on 55k seats and 217 flights for an average of 79.09%. JL and CX managed over 80%, HU was in the lower than 74% on both routes.

JL - #1 with 89.58% on 11k pax and 175 per flight
CX - #2 with 84.26% on 14k pax and 232 per flight
HU – PEK - #3 with 73.10% on 12k pax and 205 per flight
HU - PVG - #4 with 67.56% on 6.6K pax and 195 per flight

YTD: Asia Region managed 445K pax on 537k seats and 2,117 flights for an average of 82.86%.

CX - #1 with 88.71% on 143k pax and 244 per flight
JL - #2 with 86.13% on 102k pax and 168 per flight
HU – PEK - #3 with 79.65% on 134k pax and 223 per flight
HU - PVG - #4 with 74.01% on 66K pax and 204 per flight

CX – 2nd (6) - best out of single daily flight destinations, 1.7% behind LAX who run triple daily.
JL - 1st (9) - almost 1.6% ahead of SAN in 2nd.
HU - PEK – 3rd (5) - 0.05% behind SJC, ORD was 77%, LAS 65%
HU - PVG only 1 comparative, which is SEA and a whopping 11% behind,

The Americas

Central America -

Month: Cent Am Region managed 23K pax on 31k seats and 221 flights for an average of 73.58%.

Route Rankings

AM - MEX - #1 with 83,98% on 7k pax and 134 per flight
B6 - CUN #2 with 81.49% on 3.1K pax and 122 per flight
TA - SAL #3 with 69.28% on 3.4k pax and 96 per flight
CM - PTY #4 with 69.10% on 8k pax and 90 per flight
B6 - MEX #5 with 54.86% on 1.1K pax and 82 per flight - this was the first month, 14 flights logged outbound was a respectable 75%, but inbound was horrid at just 35%

YTD: Cent Am Region managed 261K pax on 311k seats and 2,025 flights for an average of 84.16 %. All routes managed 80%+ except for AM and TA.

CUN – 3 airlines on the route, 2 seasonal
DL – 93.68% on 31K pax and 146 per flight
AA – 91.92% on 10K pax and 147 per flight
B6 – 87.41% on 51K pax and 133 per flight

LIR – B6 – Seasonal, 90.96% during the season, 139 per flight

PTY – 82.78% but considering this is now above daily, a great result 111K pax and 122 per flight
MEX
AM – 77.57% on 67K pax and 124 pax per flight
B6– 54.86% on 1.1K pax and 82 pax per flight
SAL – 72.86% on 9K pax and 106 per flight

CM – 9th (14) – 0.2% behind SFO, and 1.7% ahead of ORD in 10th, top was JFK with 91%
AM – 8th (17) – 1.8% behind DEN in 7th and 0.3% ahead of SMF in 9th, top was LAX with 85%
TA – 10th (11) – 0.8% ahead of ORD and 4% behind MIA, winner was IAD with 87.18%, 15% higher.

South America –

Month: South Am Region managed 11K pax on 15k seats and 93 flights for an average of 77.05%.

JJ - #1 with 81.32% on 6k pax and 175 per flight
AV - #2 with 72.22% on 5k pax and 87 per flight

YTD: South Am Region managed 64K pax on 78k seats and 535 flights for an average of 81.96%.

JJ - #1 with 84.99% on 26K pax and 183 per flight
AV - #2 with 80.02% on 38K pax and 96 per flight

AV – 7th (8) – 2.4% ahead of SJU and 1.5% behind IAD, top place went to FLL with 88.53%
JJ – 2nd (5) – 0.5% behind JFK as the leader and 4% ahead of MIA who was the basement route,

More details in the file.. enjoy..

jsteeves3

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:26 am

As per Massport's website, F9 will be operating out of E! Very interesting...
http://www.massport.com/logan-airport/flights/airlines/

VS4ever

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:48 am

jsteeves3 wrote:

Doesn’t surprise me right now, if you have morning timings E is a great place to be, quiet for your passengers, Massport gets utilization on a piece of the property that at that time would normally be dead, more concessions etc.

Now we have F9, HA, SY , quite the operation building up with those 3 domestic airlines using the facilities :)

Supersarestupid

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:49 am

jplatts wrote:

If DL adds nonstop service to Dallas and Houston from BOS, DL would likely add nonstop service to DFW and IAH instead of DAL and HOU.

I agree that DL adding BOS-BWI, BOS-CLT, BOS-MIA, BOS-DEN, BOS-PHX, and BOS-SAN nonstop service might happen.

BOS-IAH to compete head to head with UA would make more sense than HOU where they'd have to compete with B6 and WN. But the Boston-Houston market has ridiculously low fares quite frequently with all the competition and defending. I don't think Dallas is much different.

As to JJ and CM, I could see CM getting closer to 2x day but I don't see them doing much more. And JJ is still pretty new, and while I haven't studied the LF, I can't imagine they're filling their 767 often enough to justify another frequency or even much of an upgauge.

Dieuwer

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:46 am

Low loads on SK indeed. Maybe it will work better as a seasonal flight?

VS4ever

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:25 am

Dieuwer wrote:

Not so sure, loads have been pretty bad all year, I think a frequency reduction is in order, just too much capacity for the route. DY did ok when they were on the route, but they only flew 1-2 weekly at most.

VS4ever

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:59 am

Well something is up with the early flights for AA to ORD, both the 510 and 650am flights are cancelled.
Thankfully right now my 5am to CLT is on time :)

clrd4t8koff

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:53 am

VS4ever wrote:
Well something is up with the early flights for AA to ORD, both the 510 and 650am flights are cancelled.

Looks like they also cancelled the 8:50am BOS-ORD. Looking at LGA & PHL-ORD their first 3 morning flights are cancelled also. Is there weather in ORD this morning?

tlecam

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:59 am

Could be the ORD weather yesterday.
BOS-LGA-JFK | A:319/20/21, 332/3, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 787, 772, 744 || MD80, MD90

Jouhou

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:12 am

Dieuwer wrote:

Is this just reflecting the much larger aircraft being flown in comparison to what was being flown for them before?

tlecam

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:29 am

My 815 from LGA-ORD is delayed until 1PM.
BOS-LGA-JFK | A:319/20/21, 332/3, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 787, 772, 744 || MD80, MD90

iyerhari

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:52 am

clrd4t8koff wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

Looks like they also cancelled the 8:50am BOS-ORD. Looking at LGA & PHL-ORD their first 3 morning flights are cancelled also. Is there weather in ORD this morning?

Chicago got 6 -7 “ of snow. Many flights got canceled. I was on the scheduled 6:50 am flight but got moved automatically to fly via LGA. Let’s see how this goes.

jsteeves3

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:42 am

VS4ever wrote:
jsteeves3 wrote:

Doesn’t surprise me right now, if you have morning timings E is a great place to be, quiet for your passengers, Massport gets utilization on a piece of the property that at that time would normally be dead, more concessions etc.

Now we have F9, HA, SY , quite the operation building up with those 3 domestic airlines using the facilities :)

I've actually heard and seen through pictures (https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/hawaii ... s-bos-hnl/) that between all the morning flights security is getting bad. This may just be them figuring out new staffing in the morning because of the increased flights but they do have quite an operation in the morning now. Now they have or will have (most days):

BA LHR 772
VS LHR 333
HA HNL 332
VR PAI 752
PD YTZ DH8D
CM PTY 738

Weekend:
FI 752 PUJ/CUN

all departing around the same time. It's almost like there is another bank of flights in the morning now.

VS4ever

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:00 pm

Well all all sunshine down in CLT albeit with a bit of a bumpy ride coming down

airbazar

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:05 pm

Saudi, really? Come on.
The Royal family doesn't fly commercial and there really isn't that much traffic.
IMO there's really just 1 other possibility for another ME carrier and that's EY who already have a vast code-share agreement with B6.

VS4ever wrote:
jsteeves3 wrote:

Rumor has it that TSA at terminal E in the morning is a nightmare. I hope they improve that.

jworks158

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:10 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

It was quite a mess this morning (4/15) with a ground stop in place a points. Flights in and out of BOS had some interesting routes. https://twitter.com/theOrangetechie/status/1117751993089568768

B6134 got all the way to maine before deciding to divert to SYR a united from DEN did the same before diverting to MAN.

AviationAddict

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:14 pm

jworks158 wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

It was quite a mess this morning (4/15) with a ground stop in place a points. Flights in and out of BOS had some interesting routes. https://twitter.com/theOrangetechie/status/1117751993089568768

B6134 got all the way to maine before deciding to divert to SYR a united from DEN did the same before diverting to MAN.

I flew out on JBU569 early this AM and it was one of the more miserable flights I've had in years. It was solid moderate chop from about 10,000' on the climb-out all the way to cruise and then from there it was solid light to moderate chop with a handful of pretty major bumps from BOS until at least RIC or so. It finally smoothed out around NC but it got nasty again on the descent into FLL. At one point the captain reported a 150 knot headwind. Also, I don't think I've ever been into the soup sooner on a flight than today, after rotation I think the flight deck was in complete IMC while the main gears were still on the ground.

As a side note, I can't wait for the B6 A320s to finish the mods; the older seats and PTVs are pretty bad. On the plus side the crew was tremendous.

clrd4t8koff

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:35 pm

iyerhari wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

Chicago got 6 -7 “ of snow. Many flights got canceled. I was on the scheduled 6:50 am flight but got moved automatically to fly via LGA. Let’s see how this goes.

It must be an AA specific issue because neither B6’s 6am or 8am ORD flights got cancelled, nor did UA’s three morning BOS-ORD get cancelled.

Why was this specific to AA?

VS4ever

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:41 pm

AviationAddict wrote:
jworks158 wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:

I flew out on JBU569 early this AM and it was one of the more miserable flights I've had in years. It was solid moderate chop from about 10,000' on the climb-out all the way to cruise and then from there it was solid light to moderate chop with a handful of pretty major bumps from BOS until at least RIC or so. It finally smoothed out around NC but it got nasty again on the descent into FLL. At one point the captain reported a 150 knot headwind. Also, I don't think I've ever been into the soup sooner on a flight than today, after rotation I think the flight deck was in complete IMC while the main gears were still on the ground.

As a side note, I can't wait for the B6 A320s to finish the mods; the older seats and PTVs are pretty bad. On the plus side the crew was tremendous.

For once I was on AA, but had similar on my way to CLT. Was fine on my connecting CLT-MCO.

iyerhari

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:54 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
iyerhari wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:

It must be an AA specific issue because neither B6’s 6am or 8am ORD flights got cancelled, nor did UA’s three morning BOS-ORD get cancelled.

Why was this specific to AA?

I take the 6:50 am flight every week - the flight comes in from ORD at night. IMO both the flights that is 5:00 am and the 6:50 am did not make it. That’s all my limited knowledge tells me.

EADSYABSOB73857

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:29 am

VS4ever wrote:
EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

Welcome and thank you, i wish i could do more right now, but real life is getting in the way, however i am delighted my work is appreciated :) more to come as i am able

Appreciate the ‘Welcome’ Dieuwer and VS4ever!

Now I’ll start hitting with the questions:

We know both DL’s and B6’s stated ambitions for Logan... if we do the math (As VS4ever, you did this a few weeks back for B6), for B6 they should easily be able to hit above their stated 200 daily flights (in terms of Terminal C capacity)... Maybe 230???

As for DL- by September 2019, they will hit approx. 142 flights per day (solely on DL, not including partners)... DL has to have further expansion in the works (as Ed Bastion stated about BOS in a recent speech); with DL’s stated goal of 150 flights per day, as of September 2019 this technically leaves them with very little room (5%) for expansion. So, I would imagine that growth in Terminal A for Delta will exceed 150 flights/day, given that 1) DL has not added important domestic markets like: BWI (the last top 10 market from BOS lacking DL service), CLT, MIA, DAL, HOU, DEN, PHX, SAN; 2) international market expansion (I have no clue and won’t begin to speculate on routes they’ll add, as DL tends to be conservative with their international market additions (adding on top of existing served airport markets that require additional service, or unserved markets that standout due to a lack of service); and 3) an expansion of service on existing routes (of newly served routes, LAS should be a candidate for either larger aircraft or increased service)...

So, for both B6 and DL... we know about the band-aid solutions (handful of additional gates being added in C; reconfig of A and DL getting 20 gates)... but both airlines will run out of space relatively quickly, especially DL. Aside from increasing turns, what are the more mid-term/long-term solutions???

There are really only a few ways you can increase capacity at a space restricted airport (note i am not saying slot controlled).
1. New Gates - kind of hard due to infrastructure especially at BOS - B6 is going to access to 2 new gates (C20A and C43) along with E1 as preference to get to the 30, But unless you change the footprint of the airport, not much more you can do...For DL its worse, first of all they have 10 less gates to work with, A1 is pretty much assigned to WS and the satellite gates somewhat get blocked with bigger aircraft for the international runs, see the answers to my questions above about the A gates and what they can take. But there are no such plans to expand A and the only way you could is basically to remove the South Cargo or relocate it down to the J pad area and remove the Eagle Terminal.
2. Turns/frequency - dangerous game unless you are WN who are masters at it. Where folks do 8, they do 11, just look at DAL for goodness sake, talk about some serious tin pushing. But back to BOS, B6 already have OTP issues (some posters on here would have you believe that it's an insanely large problem), well let's face it, they are most definitely not good, however it does not seem to stop people flying them in ever increasing numbers, so they do have somewhat of a legitimate grip,. So they must be doing something right? B6 have the space to do it, but again, is that a smart move, could the A220's be turned faster to make it work... DL on the other hand have a different issue, The WB's at A13 to A17 take up major space and time, sure they get A18-A22 back, but they are already stacked out at A2 to A11 pretty much, especially at peak times. So is this really an option for them...
3. Bigger Aircraft - THIS.. B6 moving up on 320's to 321's and coming soon the E190's to 220's will definitely increase the seat and potential passenger count, that along with the refit of the 320's from 150 to 162 will also help. For DL, a lot of their flying is regional, so there's a delicate balance there with mainline. With the 757's showing up more frequently, that increases their scope along with the 764's, they have a much higher seat count than anything B6 has, so once DL ramps up to the 150, what's next, how do they change their flying to grow.. that to me is a big unanswered question

As an aside, just to prove how insane the padding is of schedules, I give you DL5927 from PHL to BOS yesterday. Block time, to leave at 8.25am and arrive 10.02am, due to the fact that there were only about 30 ish people aboard our 9E E170, we took off at 8.15am and arrived at the gate at 9.15am... in a first for me in all my years of traveling, I actually arrived home before the time i was originally due to land.. That one will certainly help the OTP for DL, which reminds me, i need to finish those stats for 2018..

1) Thanks for the reply here... I guess I should have positioned my question a little differently: DL has stated a 150 flight goal for terminal A- they are closing in on this VERY fast with the fall flight additions taken into account (DL not including its partners will be at around 142 flights per day by Sept 2019). That leaves them with 8 more flights they could add to reach their stated goal of 150 (I think they’ll try to get to more like 158 or 160)... but, with a large number of significant domestic business markets still missing from their BOS flight portfolio (they need to add these markets in order to: 1) be a force to be reckoned with as a DL focus city, and 2) in order to add feed to int’l flights)... markets such as DAL (not Dallas Love, but Dallas market), HOU (market), DEN, CLT, BAL, MIA, PHX, SAN... how can DL get to additional domestic markets, grow frequencies on existing markets, and add new international markets (which they definitely still have huge potential to do) without approaching severe capacity constraints? What is the absolute max capacity for terminal A? Could they jam in more than 160 flights (180, 190??), could they consider forcing out WS, and as a midterm solution, without expanding the terminal, could they utilize Terminal E as an interim solution to accommodate additional flights as the E to A transfer is relatively simple??? Also once Massport completes the A to B post security connector could we possibly see DL use B for overflow?

2) And with all the DL and B6 new routes and frequency increases, plus the huge amount of domestic and international routes/carriers added for 2019, plus upgauging on existing routes, I think we could see 2019 finish out extremely strong, I would anticipate 44.5m-45m pax (that’s about 3.5m-4m pax increase- while robust and lofty, this year will see absolute unprecedented growth, especially given the B6/DL battle). What do others think on the growth prospect? On a side note, in 2018, only Aug hit over 4m pax... I think in 2019 we’ll see 3-4 months hit over 4 million pax.

3) What does everyone anticipate as future routes/carriers being added?? Personally, I think DL hopping on KEF is a no brainer for 2 reasons: 1) WW is gone from the market, 2) DL tends to have a conservative approach to international network expansion, and they like to add markets that are proven and have additional demand for further capacity- KEF has performed exceptionally well- we saw similar results/approach with DL on DUB and now LIS. But, are there other markets we could see DL go after in a preemptive strike to B6’s expansion?? Where do you see potential growth? LH has been performing very well (90%+)- could we see expansion there, but in the form of OS or SN??

4) For 2020 what new markets are larger potentials to be added? CAN on CZ, extra TYO capacity (on NH), AM returning (or DL adding to check B6), increases with CM, return for AV to BOG, AD (Azul), BRU, VIE, YYC on WS...???

jsteeves3

Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:51 pm

Noticed that AC has some YYZ frequencies now operated by the 319. Also why does SWISS use the 343 instead of the 333 or even the 77W?

OneX123

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:28 pm

iyerhari wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

I live in Chicago and we got nowhere near 6-7" of snow -- not sure where that number comes from. In the downtown area and at O'Hare there may have been 1" max. Now it snowed all sunday with heavy winds but the warm ground and temp around 32 degrees kept the accumulation low.

Granted, O'Hare was still a mess on Monday. I was on a 6am to ATL on DL that was delayed until 2pm. There were 5 DL planes all going to ATL around that hour and terminal 2 was a complete mess. Not sure why O'Hare handled Sunday's weather so poorly but snow accumulation was not one of the reasons.

ConnectAir

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:51 pm

jsteeves3 wrote:
Noticed that AC has some YYZ frequencies now operated by the 319. Also why does SWISS use the 343 instead of the 333 or even the 77W?

It seems like SWISS uses the A333 on one of their daily flights, and then uses the A343 on the second flight. This second flight will occasionally be upgraded to an A333 if capacity demands it (which happened to me :( )
WN, LX, AZ, BA, LH, KL, DL, OK, S5, US, UA, VY, IB, AF, LY, F9, CO, YX x2, PD

A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A343, B712, B733, B737, B738, B753, B744, B764, B772, B789, DH8D, E145, E190,

iyerhari

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:53 pm

OneX123 wrote:
I live in Chicago and we got nowhere near 6-7" of snow -- not sure where that number comes from. In the downtown area and at O'Hare there may have been 1" max. Now it snowed all sunday with heavy winds but the warm ground and temp around 32 degrees kept the accumulation low.

Granted, O'Hare was still a mess on Monday. I was on a 6am to ATL on DL that was delayed until 2pm. There were 5 DL planes all going to ATL around that hour and terminal 2 was a complete mess. Not sure why O'Hare handled Sunday's weather so poorly but snow accumulation was not one of the reasons.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather- ... o/70007987

ORD ~ 5.3" snow. I took LGA connection and got delayed by 1 hr. - not bad by LGA standards. Boy! after seeing the D concourse at LGA, and the available food options without having to leave the security area, it is the worst. I

pitbosflyer

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:02 pm

jsteeves3 wrote:

I know BA uses the 747 on short TATL hops mostly because the shorter the flight the less fuel the 4 engines can burn. Then you send the fuel efficient 2 engine models on the longer routes. I figure its similar thinking here with SWISS. Although one nice thing is those 340s are getting refurbished right now and look pretty great. I'm going to be flying them in August. In theory all their 340s will be refitted by then. Fingers crossed. https://onemileatatime.com/swiss-a340-new-cabins/

FGITD

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:22 pm

The 340/330 seem to be interchanged as needed. Although now with the updated interiors, it seems less so.

Was also just reading that Norwegians BOS-FCO flight diverted to CDG about 12 hours ago, and the passengers are just now finally on their way to FCO. Get what you pay for, I suppose

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos