Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ChrisNH38

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:43 am

As near as I can tell, LH isn’t bringing back the 748. The 744 & 333 are the summer-season planes of record next year. That seems in keeping with their desire to flow more people through MUC than before, and I wonder if at some point LH will double up on that route and go single to FRA.
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH

airbazar

Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:26 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:
As near as I can tell, LH isn’t bringing back the 748. The 744 & 333 are the summer-season planes of record next year. That seems in keeping with their desire to flow more people through MUC than before, and I wonder if at some point LH will double up on that route and go single to FRA.

The 744 actually has more Y seats than the 748, that's why they bring it here in the Summer, when there's more leisure travel demand. It's the largest Y cabin they have in their fleet, after the A380. MUC is as good as full and IMO it wouldn't make a lot of sense to take up a valuable pair of slots because of leisure traffic. And although as the home carrier they can always find slots, IMO they'd be better off sending those passengers via FRA, ZRH, or VIE. For the time being and until there is a 3rd runway, LH will have to grow at MUC by up-gauging equipment.

pitbosflyer

Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:56 pm

airbazar wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:

The 744 actually has more Y seats than the 748, that's why they bring it here in the Summer, when there's more leisure travel demand. It's the largest Y cabin they have in their fleet, after the A380. MUC is as good as full and IMO it wouldn't make a lot of sense to take up a valuable pair of slots because of leisure traffic. And although as the home carrier they can always find slots, IMO they'd be better off sending those passengers via FRA, ZRH, or VIE. For the time being and until there is a 3rd runway, LH will have to grow at MUC by up-gauging equipment.

I will say as someone that connected thru MUC this summer and then back thru ZRH. MUC is so much easier to connect thru than FRA. Selfishly I'm happy to see that LH seems to be directing more connecting traffic thru MUC. Although I do love that FRA allows us to get to see 747s so much. For so many airports around the country its become a very rare site and we get blessed with two still pretty regularly.
A:320/21, 333, 343, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 763, 772 || MD80, MD90 || E:145, 170, 175, 190, 195 || CR200, 700, 900

airbazar

Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:51 pm

pitbosflyer wrote:
I will say as someone that connected thru MUC this summer and then back thru ZRH. MUC is so much easier to connect thru than FRA. Selfishly I'm happy to see that LH seems to be directing more connecting traffic thru MUC. Although I do love that FRA allows us to get to see 747s so much. For so many airports around the country its become a very rare site and we get blessed with two still pretty regularly.

It's significantly better for outbound U.S. flights than for inbound because of how they stick all U.S. departures in that "bare bones" and over-crowded corner of the T2 satellite terminal. There are no concessions after security and there are never enough seats for everyone. MUC used to be my favorite airport in Europe but I don't really care for it anymore. Lucky for me with so many non-stop options the need for connections are few for me these days.

adamh8297

Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:07 am

While searching for a winter/early spring getaway I noticed B6 quietly added another some other Caribbean/Latin America flying. I don't think these came up in OAG threads. A lot of these are extensions from Saturday only destinations.

Extra BOS-GCM Saturday flight from February 15 to April 25 - obvious response to AA
3 Sunday BOS-UVF flights 2/16, 2/23, 3/1
Wednesday BOS-LIR flights 1/15-2/12
Sunday BOS-LIR flights 2/16-4/25
Tuesday BOS-MBJ flights 2/15 through April,
Wednesday BOS-MBJ from May on (this is the only one that sticks in summer)
Friday and Sunday BOS-SXM 2/14-4/25 (good to see things are bouncing back for this island!)
Thursday BOS-PLS 2/13-4/23 ( I believe the Sunday and double Saturday were already loaded)
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

VS4ever

Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:09 pm

Well fun and games with F9 from BOS, added SJU today and re-timed most of the flights to work with the new schedule, see below.

I am updating the Terminal E analysis so you will see it, but basically the pattern is this, routings calculated around the weekend of 6/12 returning a week later. Arrival and Departure times in parentheses. Timings taken from flyfrontier.com website.

Daily:

SJU-BOS-MIA (05,54-7.10)
MIA-BOS-SJU (11.30-12.30)
MCO-BOS-MCO (09.18-10.03) - the only out and back route at the moment.

4x weekly (1,3,5 and 6)

RDU-BOS-DEN (08.06 - 08.51)
DEN-BOS-RDU (13.08 - 13.53)

basically single gate usage unless a flight is delayed.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

Dieuwer

Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:18 pm

Looks like BOS-FLL/MIA is getting crowded (AA,B6,DL,F9,NK,WN).

VS4ever

Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:06 pm

Dieuwer wrote:

plenty to go around, i for one (along with Mrs VS) will be on DL BOS-MIA-BOS in February for a cruise along with around 2,000 other folks from across the country, the cruise business continues to grow, add the winter snowbirds in there and you have plenty of market. you have AA/DL at the top, B6/WN in the middle, and F9/NK going for the cheap and cheerful at the bottom. Fares for that run are NOT cheap, we did some shenanigans with points we had on DL (thank you credit card bonus miles) and still cost us over $500 for one ticket. Yes could have gone cheaper i am sure on NK, but the fees would have probably killed us, at least we save 1 bag each way going DL..

A few things interesting to me about all of this. B6 now has more competition on SJU with NK and F9 weighing in. B6 will be 4 daily in the summer (9.22am, 3.20pm, 9.28pm and 11.27pm). F9's new flight leaves at 12.30 and NK's at 8.27pm, so essentially 6 daily now, which is roughly what it was before the hurricane's hit. That's still a lot of seats now into the market even in summer.

Also, F9's schedule tweak has them occupying a gate in E from roughly 6am to 2pm on Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat and Sun although there does appear to be a gap in the schedule between 10 and 11.30am on those days, which could allow for slotting in of an extra flight without requiring a 2nd gate (without IRROPS of course), so may not be quite the last we see from them at this point, we shall see. However it also very curious (to me anyway), that the last departure for F9 is 13.53 to RDU and DL's MAN flight arrives at that exact time... scheduling nirvana if that ever works out to be accurate. On the other days there is clearly room for a 3x weekly too and Tuesday is quieter still because MCO only runs 6 weekly, not daily.

As other posters will note. F9's approach to routes are somewhat (as we say in England) higgeldy-piggledy or more commonly thought of as a dart-board, so who knows if they will all last, but for Massport, more usage of E in the morning hours before the afternoon international rush and still space for more if needed, even if B6 occupy 3 gates during those hours.

Fun times.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

FGITD

Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:41 am

VS4ever wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Also, F9's schedule tweak has them occupying a gate in E from roughly 6am to 2pm on Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat and Sun although there does appear to be a gap in the schedule between 10 and 11.30am on those days, which could allow for slotting in of an extra flight without requiring a 2nd gate (without IRROPS of course)
Fun times.

I'm sure Massport likely had some say in Frontier scheduling, to make this work. F9 irops are something to see though..

Nothing particularly interesting out of E these days. I heard the new lounges in the expansion are all spoken for, and a few rumors of aircraft changes for next summer. But also still no idea what the actual plan is for UPS as construction marches on.

Dieuwer

Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:29 am

How is the Lyft/Uber Central Parking situation? I have heard that it is a clusterf*ck and signage is extremely poor. People wandering around and having no idea which way to go, drivers cancelling rides because they can't find the entrance, pax wading through dozens of cars to find "their" ride, etc.
I'm hesitant taking a Lyft/Uber from Watertown to Logan this weekend. Maybe better to go by taxi again?

FGITD

Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:46 am

Dieuwer wrote:
How is the Lyft/Uber Central Parking situation? I have heard that it is a clusterf*ck and signage is extremely poor. People wandering around and having no idea which way to go, drivers cancelling rides because they can't find the entrance, pax wading through dozens of cars to find "their" ride, etc.
I'm hesitant taking a Lyft/Uber from Watertown to Logan this weekend. Maybe better to go by taxi again?

I'm not sure how it's going in the garage regarding pick up, but the inability to find it comes down to the usual "check your bags and common sense at the airport" I can't tell how many times I've been asked how to get to the uber pick up, while literally standing less than 2 feet from the signage directing to pick up.

As for the drivers...well, I've been the only person on the side of the road and still had ubers say they couldn't find me. Mix in the stress people get from driving at the airport, traffic, stressed passengers etc, and I can see how it might get messy.

RobertS975

Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:44 pm

The Uber app platform is really not set up for crowded events like airports or stadiums. Ubers should really just line up like taxis and each rider simply gets the next in line... do the app connection once you enter the vehicle.

airbazar

Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:56 pm

RobertS975 wrote:
The Uber app platform is really not set up for crowded events like airports or stadiums. Ubers should really just line up like taxis and each rider simply gets the next in line... do the app connection once you enter the vehicle.

Been saying this since the beginning. And the sad part is the taxi companies who do have that working in their favor haven't taken advantage of it. Instead they just waste their time and resources fighting ride share. A taxi is significantly more convenient. If only they marketed that (when was the last time you saw an add for a taxi company?), and worked to provide a courteous level of service.

VS11

Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:44 pm

Dieuwer wrote:

It is not that bad. I went through the experience of getting an Uber at the airport, not being familiar how it is supposed to work but still managed to find my driver pretty quickly. The key to remember is to request your ride AFTER you arrive at the pickup area. This way you know the license plate of your ride and you look for it as the cars are coming to the pickup area. This way the flow is pretty good.

bostrv

Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:52 pm

I did use Lyft from the airport a couple of weeks back - from Terminal E, the signage was good. If there are complaints, it could be that people who live around here are used to confusing signage, but people traveling to Boston might have a harder time..

ChrisNH38

Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Is the A220 that AC has just taken the first of (today) suitable for the BOS-YYZ market? Or is it too much plane?

iyerhari

Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:57 pm

Dieuwer wrote:

Which taxi company would you use in Watertown? McCue went out of business. Watertown Taxi only has a very few taxis running around and not reliable anymore.

Most Uber Black rides have converted themselves into dedicated limo drivers who drive you in and out of airports and there is no wait times. Please send me an email separately and can send you the name of the dedicated driver I use from and to Logan to Watertown. I have been using him for several years now for my weekly trips.

jakeroberts212

Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:58 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:
Is the A220 that AC has just taken the first of (today) suitable for the BOS-YYZ market? Or is it too much plane?

Capacity wise, no. Range wise, yes. AC announced the first destination being YUL-SEA and YYZ-SJC, so long and thin routes.

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2019-08 ... s-A220-300

I don’t think they plan to use them on shorter 1.5 hour flights. I could be mistaken.

EADSYABSOB73857

Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:27 pm

jakeroberts212 wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:

Capacity wise, no. Range wise, yes. AC announced the first destination being YUL-SEA and YYZ-SJC, so long and thin routes.

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2019-08 ... s-A220-300

I don’t think they plan to use them on shorter 1.5 hour flights. I could be mistaken.

Maybe for aircraft utilization?

ChrisNH38

Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:02 pm

Crew Fam trips back and forth between YYZ and BOS...4 or 5 a day at least.

MAH4546

Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:31 am

Dieuwer wrote:

Market is massive.

BOSSJU, on the other hand, is oversevrved and crowded.
a.

VS4ever

Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:35 am

MAH4546 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Market is massive.

BS, sorry, before the hurricanes B6 were at 5 daily even 6, with this add it gets back to that. It’s the biggest market in the region for B6 and a little competition won’t hurt. If DL decides to pile in, I will definitely agree with you, but at this level, sorry I just don’t agree.

MAH4546

Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:23 am

VS4ever wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Market is massive.

BS, sorry, before the hurricanes B6 were at 5 daily even 6, with this add it gets back to that. It’s the biggest market in the region for B6 and a little competition won’t hurt. If DL decides to pile in, I will definitely agree with you, but at this level, sorry I just don’t agree.

And? B6 was at overcapacity too. It’s a dying tourism town with dwindling VFR. People don’t visit Puerto Rico like they used to, it’s a complete dump. I was in San Juan recently and wow, no wonder there’s such an exodus. So sad to see it rot.

There’s this odd capacity war between the low cost carriers to SJU right now though. I definitely see it spurring tourism demand, but once tourists see they are basically getting Detroit with beaches, they aren’t coming back.
a.

S0Y

Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:44 am

MAH4546 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

Market is massive.

There’s this odd capacity war between the low cost carriers to SJU right now though. I definitely see it spurring tourism demand, but once tourists see they are basically getting Detroit with beaches, they aren’t coming back.

Thing is, you can go a long time before you run out of people who arrive at this conclusion. Even if its crap, it its cheap enough you can fill seats to the sun for a long time before the market dies

chepos

Boston Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:05 am

MAH4546 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

Market is massive.

And? B6 was at overcapacity too. It’s a dying tourism town with dwindling VFR. People don’t visit Puerto Rico like they used to, it’s a complete dump. I was in San Juan recently and wow, no wonder there’s such an exodus. So sad to see it rot.

Detroit with beaches? Brother, take a stroll along Hialeah, among the plenty of other dumpy spots in South Florida. But can’t say your comment comes as a surprise based on your posting history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

tomaheath

Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:16 pm

Dieuwer wrote:

I had to pick up some family yesterday. There seemed to be confusion by the drivers on where to enter the garage I’d imagine that over time it will greatly improve once everyone get familiar with the changes. One spot that I noticed a issue was leaving the garage I think that area could use some work.

airbazar

Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:55 pm

MAH4546 wrote:

I find NYC to be a complete dump and most of the state of Florida too but that doesn't mean plenty other people don't have a different opinion.
IMO the problem in PR is that it's NOT a cheap vacation destination compared to other Caribbean destinations and even Florida. Beach resort hotels in PR are really expensive. At the end of the day that's all that matters. Never quite understood why they are as expensive as they are.

VS4ever

Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:11 pm

chepos wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

Detroit with beaches? Brother, take a stroll along Hialeah, among the plenty of other dumpy spots in South Florida. But can’t say your comment comes as a surprise based on your posting history.

This.. pick any major place with beaches and you will dumpster fire places not far away. Given a know a bunch of folks in PR and my company has an office there, I can tell you that is such a warped view of SJU it’s not even funny. There is way more to PR than San Juan and a lot of it is beautiful, so forgive me if I call you out on this.
Tourism IS returning and cruise ships are more plentiful, I saw 4 alone in a 3 day trip earlier this year and it wasn’t even peak season. That aside Old San Juan is no worse than a ton of places I have been in my life and has plenty of things going on.
Will it be back to where it was years ago, probably not, the socio economic situation has been very well documented but if you spend enough time at 2am in SJU, you will find hundreds of people flying in and out. Folks down there don’t care about flying out at odd hours. Airlines namely B6 and NK and now F9 are using it as additional utilization of their aircraft overnight so from a yield standpoint not as bad in certain cases as you might think.

However all that said many know you have very narrow opinions on a wide range of stuff, so I am probably flogging a dead horse with everything above, but it needed to be said.

VS4ever

Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:13 pm

airbazar wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

I find NYC to be a complete dump and most of the state of Florida too but that doesn't mean plenty other people don't have a different opinion.
IMO the problem in PR is that it's NOT a cheap vacation destination compared to other Caribbean destinations and even Florida. Beach resort hotels in PR are really expensive. At the end of the day that's all that matters. Never quite
understood why they are as expensive as they are.

Taxes for one thing, cost of importing everything is another, remember PR is hamstrung by the import rules imposed upon them by the feds. Doesn’t mean it is all that, but that is certainly part of it for sure, plus hey, if the market will bear such prices, then why not.. it’s a market economy after all.

adamh8297

Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:19 pm

airbazar wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

IMO the problem in PR is that it's NOT a cheap vacation destination compared to other Caribbean destinations and even Florida. Beach resort hotels in PR are really expensive. At the end of the day that's all that matters. Never quite understood why they are as expensive as they are.

Greater Boston has decent VFR
Cruises still depart from San Juan
B6 has feed from BB and 9K. It is the only consistent 1-stop itinerary for some niche destinations (EIS - better off ferrying from STT personally, DOM, CPX)

I agree with airbazar on Puerto Rico being more expensive - especially compared to Mayan Riviera, PUJ, Jamaica.

The F9/NK adds could be dart board throws and last 6 months to a year and then we are back to normalcy. I think the fact that DL has not even added a flight to link with cruises is telling.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

jakeroberts212

Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:31 pm

chepos wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

BOOM goes the dynamite! So true about Hialeah. Miami in general is such a dump. Just a bigger version of San Juan. Detroit definitely has had a rough go of it, but has done an incredible job turning itself around.

RobertS975

Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:50 pm

Let's try to forego discussing whose dump is dumpier and get back to BOS commercial aviation!

jakeroberts212

Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:26 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:
Crew Fam trips back and forth between YYZ and BOS...4 or 5 a day at least.

Crew familiarization trips will be to NYC, nothing announced about BOS.

https://onemileatatime.com/air-canada-a220/

They certainly could show up in BOS. Would not surprise me to see the AC A220 on BOS-YYC & BOS-YVR as year round flights.

adamh8297

Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:38 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
Happy 2019! Lets do predictions and wishlist for routes to be announced (and possibly launched) for this new year!

Predictions

B6 BOS-IND
B6 BOS-CVG
B6 BOS-ANU (weekly)
DL BOS-SDF
WN BOS-SAT
AT BOS-CMN
CZ BOS-WUH-CAN

Wishlist
DL or B6 BOS-PVR/SJD - Heck even FI could do charters for Apple Vacations.
B6 BOS-SJO
B6 BOS-BZE
B6 BOS-BZN
ET BOS-ADD
OS BOS-VIE

10 days left but looks like I got 2 right and one was a wishlist item.

I'm not counting the Kentucky Derby flights by AA either for being partially right.

Let's see how bad I do in 2020 in a couple of weeks when that thread is made though the B6 A320neoLR are freebies city pair wise (BOS-LON).

Did B6 even announce a new destination from BOS in 2019? HDN and PSP were started in Winter.

RL757PVD

Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:46 pm

Flew into BOS from MIA yesterday on AA, my flight was only half full and paid $114 (had the choice of a $79 basic economy)...good luck to F9, they’ll need it.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

VS4ever

Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:26 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
Flew into BOS from MIA yesterday on AA, my flight was only half full and paid $114 (had the choice of a $79 basic economy)...good luck to F9, they’ll need it.

Never fear DL are still charging $500 plus for the end of February (paid that the other day)

airbazar

Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:23 pm

VS4ever wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

Never fear DL are still charging $500 plus for the end of February (paid that the other day)

That's what you get for flying during February school vacation :)
MA: Feb 15 - Feb 23
NH: Feb 22 - Mar 1

Nicknuzzii

Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:24 pm

VS4ever wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

I don’t see them charging above $300, what dates you looking at?

VS4ever

Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:34 pm

[url][/url]
Nicknuzzii wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

I don’t see them charging above $300, what dates you looking at?

2/21 to 2/29 Friday to the following Saturday. Thankfully we got a ticket free thanks to our Amex card, but we still paid 506, plus a $45 fee for a preferred seat and 11 for the other ticket.
Trust me, I have the receipt to prove it.

jakeroberts212

Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:56 pm

RL757PVD wrote:

A few things to say here..

1). I’ve followed the BOS thread for a few years now and I can’t help but notice whenever you post it’s always something critical or negative about BOS. It reads like you’re very frustrated/jealous of the service BOS gets vs PVD. (Points 2 & 3 will address that)

2). Five months ago in this thread - viewtopic.php?t=1427647 - you boasted that F9’s (short lived) PVD-MIA flight averaged 80% LF and with it being reduced to 3x weekly it should easily hit 95% LF. Well guess what city F9 didn’t announce in its big MIA hub press release recently - PVD. So either you were making up the numbers or the yields were so terrible it made more sense to move the route to BOS.

3). My friend works for AA and said no MIA-BOS flights yesterday were only half full. Several weren’t sold out, but all had 70% LF and higher. So is this another attempt to smear BOS?

tphuang

Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:27 am

adamh8297 wrote:
airbazar wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

Greater Boston has decent VFR
Cruises still depart from San Juan
B6 has feed from BB and 9K. It is the only consistent 1-stop itinerary for some niche destinations (EIS - better off ferrying from STT personally, DOM, CPX)

I agree with airbazar on Puerto Rico being more expensive - especially compared to Mayan Riviera, PUJ, Jamaica.

The F9/NK adds could be dart board throws and last 6 months to a year and then we are back to normalcy. I think the fact that DL has not even added a flight to link with cruises is telling.

my guess is F9's recent SJU adds will get pulled pretty soon, but NK will stick around. The reason DL hasn't added is because this is a route where B6 dominates both ends. The question is what kind of response the ULCCs will get from B6 given that it is one of their most profitable routes out of BOS.

RL757PVD

Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:10 am

jakeroberts212 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

1). I’ve followed the BOS thread for a few years now and I can’t help but notice whenever you post it’s always something critical or negative about BOS. It reads like you’re very frustrated/jealous of the service BOS gets vs PVD. (Points 2 & 3 will address that)

2). Five months ago in this thread - viewtopic.php?t=1427647 - you boasted that F9’s (short lived) PVD-MIA flight averaged 80% LF and with it being reduced to 3x weekly it should easily hit 95% LF. Well guess what city F9 didn’t announce in its big MIA hub press release recently - PVD. So either you were making up the numbers or the yields were so terrible it made more sense to move the route to BOS.

3). My friend works for AA and said no MIA-BOS flights yesterday were only half full. Several weren’t sold out, but all had 70% LF and higher. So is this another attempt to smear BOS?

Someone took that rather personally... I guess that fact that I was once a BOS based B6 mosaic means I don’t know what I’m talking about and flew every trip out of spite. (Also the same year I was on the cover of a major aviation magazine but that’s a whole other point)

Meanwhile ask your friend for a headcount on 2887 yesterday because there had to be 40+ open seats on a 319.

jakeroberts212

Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:46 am

RL757PVD wrote:
jakeroberts212 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

Someone took that rather personally... I guess that fact that I was once a BOS based B6 mosaic means I don’t know what I’m talking about and flew every trip out of spite. (Also the same year I was on the cover of a major aviation magazine but that’s a whole other point)

Meanwhile ask your friend for a headcount on 2887 yesterday because there had to be 40+ open seats on a 319.

Take it personally? It’s funny that you jump to that conclusion and don’t even try to deny that all you do is criticize anything to do with BOS or try to provide any source to support your claims of F9 having 80% LF’s on their short lived PVD-MIA were true. But I guess since “you were a BOS based Mosaic” you know everything. Instead you want to attack me and question my friend. I have nothing to prove to you, I’ve given you the facts and you’ve already shown you can’t prove anything to this group.

Why do you even participate in this thread?

NickolayAv

Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:11 am

jakeroberts212 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:
jakeroberts212 wrote:

Take it personally? It’s funny that you jump to that conclusion and don’t even try to deny that all you do is criticize anything to do with BOS or try to provide any source to support your claims of F9 having 80% LF’s on their short lived PVD-MIA were true. But I guess since “you were a BOS based Mosaic” you know everything. Instead you want to attack me and question my friend. I have nothing to prove to you, I’ve given you the facts and you’ve already shown you can’t prove anything to this group.

Please don't turn this thread into the DTW one, I enjoy the relative peace and serenity on this one.
"If you want to be a millionaire, start with a billion dollars and launch a new airline"-Richard Branson

jakeroberts212

Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:18 am

NickolayAv wrote:
jakeroberts212 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

Please don't turn this thread into the DTW one, I enjoy the relative peace and serenity on this one.

So do I. But when a certain poster consistently posts critical/negative info it’s tough not to be hyper critical.

RL757PVD

Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:12 am

If I’m posting statements, it’s factual, if it’s an opinion It will clearly state that by saying “I think” or something similar.

I’ve been posting on here for 20 years in an objective manner because of my profession (the airport industry) just because I don’t drink the same kool-aid doesn’t mean I’m being negative.

If you want to know my true opinion, PVD needs BOS to get more service and fill up. The more congestion and hassle as service increases with little expansion opportunity, the more opportunities will arise for PVD.

ChrisNH38

Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:19 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
PVD needs BOS to get more service and fill up. The more congestion and hassle as service increases with little expansion opportunity, the more opportunities will arise for PVD.

I agree with this, if only from the MHT side of things. Long ago, it seemed as though Massport was very happy to promote the idea of ‘regionalization’ and use PVD and MHT and ORH like you say. But for obvious reasons, only ORH got that kind of ‘help.’ In the end, airlines will do what they want to do and go where they want to go. But just on the surface it would seem that a congested, conga-line-choked BOS should bode well for satellite airports around it. But it also seems that airlines don’t really care much about that.

PVD757

Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:52 pm

FWIW: Per USDOT T-100:
F9’s daily PVD-MIA November 2017 through March 2018 was exactly 80%. The high was 88% in March with the low being 70% in January.

AA’s PVD-MIA that ran this past 1st quarter saw an 83% load factor with 89% in March and 75% in January.

(EDIT to add DL) Given AA and DL are the only current operators on BOS-MIA, I’m guessing F9 sees an opportunity to jump in as the only ULCC before someone else does. The challenge will be charging sustainable fares at two high-cost airports. Not saying it won’t work however!
Last edited by PVD757 on Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VS4ever

Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:58 pm

PVD757 wrote:
FWIW: Per USDOT T-100: F9’s daily PVD-MIA November 2017 through March 2018 was exactly 80%. The high was 88% in March with the low being 70% in January.

Given AA is the only current operator on BOS-MIA, I’m guessing F9 sees an opportunity to jump in as the second carrier and only ULCC before someone else does. The challenge will be charging sustainable fares at two high-cost airports. Not saying it won’t work however!

Minor correction, AA isn’t the only current operator. DL are flying it 2x daily

PVD757

Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:03 pm

VS4ever wrote:
PVD757 wrote:
FWIW: Per USDOT T-100: F9’s daily PVD-MIA November 2017 through March 2018 was exactly 80%. The high was 88% in March with the low being 70% in January.

Given AA is the only current operator on BOS-MIA, I’m guessing F9 sees an opportunity to jump in as the second carrier and only ULCC before someone else does. The challenge will be charging sustainable fares at two high-cost airports. Not saying it won’t work however!

Minor correction, AA isn’t the only current operator. DL are flying it 2x daily

Thank you for that. I was so focused on the stats from the past that I missed that. LOL

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos