Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

727LOVER

Re: West Coast Florida Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:03 am

727LOVER wrote:
TPA demolishes it's old rental garage...KA-BOOM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92lC7DtYbgA

Demolition company releases it's own video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwfvgMU ... pp=desktop

Wonder if the Marriott sold rooms on that side

SRQLOT

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:54 am

727LOVER wrote:
727LOVER wrote:
TPA demolishes it's old rental garage...KA-BOOM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92lC7DtYbgA

Demolition company releases it's own video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwfvgMU ... pp=desktop

Wonder if the Marriott sold rooms on that side

I always wondered how these things go down at an airport with all the dust!

SRQLOT

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:00 am

Some news for SRQ today from a local newspaper. Negotiations will start for 2 maintenance hangers, one of which is planned for Elite. So does this mean Elite will get serious with SRQ or whatever happened to the other airport they had a base at in Florida.

Also of interest is that SRQ has plans for a new wing/concourse! Of course all in due time and at around $80-100 million. But I do wonder how it would fit in.

More info about some other plans.

https://amp.bradenton.com/news/business ... 83032.html

CMHSRQ

Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:19 am

I believe Elite and Manatee tech college are starting an A&P program at the airport. The hangars are for that operation.

Airport has 13 gates and could handle 100-120 flights a day. The airport is no where near that and I doubt it will ever be. I think the baggage belts would need to be expanded before a new concourse is built. Aircraft size could increase to add capacity. The airport would need to be in the 5 million pax range before a second concourse is needed. If it was built it would be to the east of ticketing. Where the old commuter gates were.

SRQLOT

Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:21 pm

CMHSRQ wrote:
I believe Elite and Manatee tech college are starting an A&P program at the airport. The hangars are for that operation.

Airport has 13 gates and could handle 100-120 flights a day. The airport is no where near that and I doubt it will ever be. I think the baggage belts would need to be expanded before a new concourse is built. Aircraft size could increase to add capacity. The airport would need to be in the 5 million pax range before a second concourse is needed. If it was built it would be to the east of ticketing. Where the old commuter gates were.

Ah ok I didn’t realize Elite partnered up with Manatee Technical College, from the article it sounded like they would be separate.

As for gates of course it’s still a lot of time before anything happens, with next economy crash all new traffic could go away again. But i do wonder about the gates Delta and American have. Both get to rent a gate B1 and B2 for super cheap because they pay for the other gates. Is it part of the 5 year deal they signed last year or would the 2 gates be available to other airlines if SRQ deemed necessary to get more flights in? Right now those gates might get 1 flight daily. Plus the other 4 gates, 2 for Delta, 1 American and 1 JetBlue, are they also locked in for those airlines for the next 4-5 years? So possibly 6 gates are out of play for other airlines? The article said SRQ wants a new gate management system. What would that entail?

SRQLOT

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:34 pm

So I was checking SRQs October flight schedule and saw something peculiar. I’m not sure if it has something to do Elite working with Midwest Express or what but It seems Elite is almost shutting down ops at SRQ especially at height of season!

PWM is going to once weekly starting Sep 25. There are few weeks at end of Dec for holidays With 2 weekly flights, but then nothing after Jan 9 unless they didn’t finalize winter schedule.

TVC is gone after Oct 12! On another thread I read that Elite had some good loads. There is one flight a week at end of Dec for 3 weeks.

So they are not lacking aircraft since only 2 so far are going to Midwest Express so is it lack of crew?

727LOVER

Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:37 am

For lack of better phrasing.....they are a weird little airline

Actually...I wonder if they'll start MKE-SRQ

SRQLOT

Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:20 pm

727LOVER wrote:
For lack of better phrasing.....they are a weird little airline

Actually...I wonder if they'll start MKE-SRQ

Yeah I know lol, we have been talking about this since they started flying to SRQ! I just don’t understand how they expect to grow a passenger base when they constantly remove/change flights. I swear they are worse then Frontier lol

SRQLOT

Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:22 am

I saw that, Delta trying to scare away SunCountry? Seasonal is nice but these airlines need to add summer flight way up north. This summer has been hot as hell, people want to get away to cool down.

727LOVER

Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:25 am

flymco753

Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:18 pm

SRQ-DTW on Delta will be an A321 on Saturdays through December according to delta.com

SRQLOT

Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Been a quiet month on the news for SRQ, but for month of September 2019 passenger count was 51% higher then in Sept 2018, over 125k passengers went thru. Also yoy SRQ is up 40% and at 1,396,001 passengers so far, so it already past last year’s numbers and 3 months to go.

I try to support SRQ whenever I can and in December I’m taking my first Allegiant flight to Rockford Illinois so I’m excited.

News link
https://www.sarasotamagazine.com/articl ... -over-year

CMHSRQ

Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:23 pm

Place your bets now. What do you think SRQ’s 2019 total will be?
I’ll say 1,950,000. Which is just short of the annual record from 1989

airtrantpa

Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:12 pm

I think the mods Should change the name
of the thread to the SRQ thread as 90% of the posts are related to SRQ and ignoring PIE/RSW/TPA/ZPH/LAL.

Not trying to bash SRQ it’s a lovely airport and I’m glad to see it grow, but the the title is misleading.

SRQLOT

Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:34 pm

airtrantpa wrote:
I think the mods Should change the name
of the thread to the SRQ thread as 90% of the posts are related to SRQ and ignoring PIE/RSW/TPA/ZPH/LAL.

Not trying to bash SRQ it’s a lovely airport and I’m glad to see it grow, but the the title is misleading.

Well unfortunately no one else really cares to post anything about other airports, I really wish they did though! As I live in Sarasota most of my news is local although I hear a bit about TPA, PIE and RSW. Both TPA and RSW I really enjoy flying out of, but I’m trying to give as much of my flying to SRQ. Now TPA does have it’s own thread. I think the problem for PIE and PDG is that they just have Allegiant, so only so much news comes out of them, I would like to know their monthly stats though. LAL had its own thread too about possible AA flights, but yes would be nice if more people posted on here. But 737Max and all the other threads people like to go at each other, it just doesn’t really happen in this one.

airtrantpa

Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:55 pm

PIE Has WG G4 SY. I love SRQ I used to non rev on FL all the time of flights to/From TPA were booked. It’s a nice small airport. I like it better then PIE since it has jetbridges at all the gates. I miss seeing all the odd ball carriers at pie such as hooters, usa3000, jetsgo, ATA, Canada 3000, sea coast, royal, southeast, sunjet, transat, canjet, northeastern, frontier(not an oddball, but they did serve temporarily). I wish I could find a way of all the airlines that served there.

deltadudejg

Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:03 am

I'll make a PIE post, I work there lol.

Construction updates. The Landside project is coming along very well. The entire curbside and layout was redesigned for a new traffic flow and larger lots. I believe that project is entering the last phase of the project here within the next few months and should be done 1Q2020.

CBP Rehabilitation and reconstruction is I'd say at about 80% completion right now. The new baggage belts are in, all the new offices that CBP requires are framed, walled, painted. The only real thing left for that project is to finish all the flooring, finish the security system for the doors and video monitoring and start moving in the furniture, and equipment. I believe that project should be finished by the end of the year, if not by the very beginning of next. I think the project processing number will be about 300 pax an hour. Exciting for sure, recent press releases mentioned Allegiant going international.

Ticketing A rehab. The entire A-side ticket counters were redone, more of less back of house. A whole new baggage screening system was installed. That project just finished up and Allegiant consolidated from using two areas for ticket counters to just the one at the A-side. That project is in the finishing stages now.

Concessions Contract, earlier in the year we switched our restaurant and gift shop contract from two companies, First Class and Stellar to Hudson. As of now all their outlets are temporary concessions. The first permanent outlet is being constructed now. The main gift shop which is in the public area and will house a Hudson News and Dunkin is currently being constructed.

Funding was just granted for the RWY 18/36 rehabilitation project which will be starting by the end of this year, it'll run for a year and a half. The main runway will be resurfaced with new lighting and signs. The whole runway is not a full depth resurface, only certain areas. Also RWY 4/22 gets extended at the beginning of the project 100ft from 5902 to 6002ft. With that project a section of the old RWY 9/27 will be converted to a taxiway. Its the section West of TWY A that meets TWY B for those who are a little more familiar with the PIE layout.

Aside from that SheltAir on the North end of the airfield is currently refurbishing 1 of 2 hangars that it owns midfield. Those who are familiar with the old Avantair hangar, that was already refurbed earlier in the year, the hangars are being extended about 20 feet to accomadate new doors and are getting new LED lighting internally.

Allegiant is building their building on the old site of the UPS building, that project is going a bit slower than expected and the 3 ramps that are in the area are going to be rehabilitated soon as well with a crazy deep thick amount of concrete to match the rest of the ramp.

There is also a new flight school on the airfield. Where CAMS that was taken over by Tampa Bay Aviation was located next to Signature, now Universal Flight Training that was previously just out of SRQ has opened up here.

SRQLOT

Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:10 am

Thank you for all the info about PIE, my friend lived in Syracuse, and flies often up there so he loves Allegiant, but he said at times it was crazy at PIE and it could definitely use an update. He's really happy the way Allegiant scheduled all the flights between PIE PDG and SRQ so he can fly out on his schedule, mainly PIE and SRQ.

Also old SRQ tower went bye bye.

CMHSRQ

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:18 pm

SRQ is up another 40% YOY, record breaking October.

Also just announced the 39th non-stop destination on Allegiant ABE-SRQ starting Feb 2020

PGD - RIC was announced as well.

SRQLOT

Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:37 pm

I have been out of the country last few months so haven’t been paying too much attention to the statistics but a Facebook link caught my attention about PGD. It had another negative month for October now 5th straight month of either close to 0 or negative, especially for the last 3 months. Although surprised at the same time I couldn’t see numbers keep climbing like last year, but now SRQ ending October is ahead by around 165k passengers for the year. Will SRQ pass them for the year?
This is one reason I’m weary of airports with one airline, but with more seasonal flights just starting and their hotel in the area I think PGD should be ok, but will they get much more growth out of Allegiant?

SRQLOT

Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:30 am

I guess one last post of the year on here.

I haven’t heard it anywhere else yet, American Airlines is making Dallas to SRQ year round!! I’m definitely impressed with Americans growth in SRQ and the fact that that are #2 in growth at SRQ this year!

Now the big question. Will American make Chicago year round???

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiYW ... id=US%3Aen

SQ22

Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:31 pm

Please continue your discussion and to post your updates here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1438025

Thread will be locked.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos