kaitak
Topic Author

Irish 1/19 : New year, new ... us!

Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:13 am

Good morning and happy new year to you all!

Welcome to a fabulous and exciting new year in Irish aviation. 2018 was a pretty good year for Irish aviation. New growth, new markets, new routes and new announcements of routes to come next year. Lots to look forward to. Of course, it's always worth noting that it was also a very safe year for Irish aviation and as the saying goes, safety is no accident. Luck helps, of course, but a lot of work goes into safe aviation and thankfully all of the growth we saw was achieved without fatalities or injuries. Long may that continue.

I won't go through all of the highlights or 2018, nor what we have to look forward to (or be worried about), but just wish you all a prosperous, safe, happy and lucy new year!

Let's go!

mast2407

Re: Irish 1/19 : New year, new ... us!

Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:31 am

And a happy new year to you and yours Kaitak. Thank you for the threads!

SQ22

Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:55 am

Link to previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1409625

OA260

Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:25 am

Dublin Airport's Newest Addition At Terminal 2 Is Going To Be A Treat Next Time You Fly
Something like this was badly needed in this terminal

Dublin Airport’s newest food and beverage outlet, Caffè Nero has opened in the Arrivals Hall in Terminal 2.

https://lovindublin.com/news/dublin-airport-caffe-nero

—-

These were the only two flights to leave Dublin Airport on Christmas Day

Dublin Airport traditionally closes its doors on Christmas Day

The two were cargo planes and no passengers were onboard.

The first was at 5:45am, a Bluebird Nordic flight headed for Reykjavik and then an ASL Airlines Belgium plane headed for Liege at 10pm.

www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/were ... e-15607585

iRISH251

Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:53 pm

OA260 wrote:

The first was at 5:45am, a Bluebird Nordic flight headed for Reykjavik and then an ASL Airlines Belgium plane headed for Liege at 10pm.

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-ne ... e-15607585

Beware of reports like this. A FR24 playback confirms that no scheduled pax or cargo flights operated to or from DUB on the 25th or 26th. Someone may have looked at what tracking websites predicted, based on normal schedules. A Swedish Cessna Citation (SE-RLT) arrived at DUB on about 1945 on Christmas Day - probably an air ambulance flight. That is the only movement actually witnessed by anyone.

AmricanShamrok

Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:18 pm

iRISH251 wrote:
OA260 wrote:

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-ne ... e-15607585

Beware of reports like this. A FR24 playback confirms that no scheduled pax or cargo flights operated to or from DUB on the 25th or 26th. Someone may have looked at what tracking websites predicted, based on normal schedules. A Swedish Cessna Citation (SE-RLT) arrived at DUB on about 1945 on Christmas Day - probably an air ambulance flight. That is the only movement actually witnessed by anyone.

I was wondering about that myself because the ET fuel stop went to SNN instead of DUB on Christmas Day. Then I was thinking if DUB could accommodate those two “alleged” cargo flights, why couldn’t they accommodate the ET flight.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying.

AmricanShamrok

Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:22 pm

Security man fired after failing to bring lost flight attendant through US pre-clearance at Dublin Airport

https://www.thejournal.ie/security-man- ... 019/?amp=1

eirflot

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:33 am

Anyone know how CityJet are doing? When they had their own scheduled services there was some info out there but now nothing!
Good or bad sign?

EIDL

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:30 am

iRISH251 wrote:

Both airlines operate 737 Classics which may not appear on FR24 depending on MLAT coverage. So its not something to trust entirely either.

OA260

Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:30 pm

One million people in Galway fly Dublin over Shannon Airport

It might be the closer airport by some margin, but when people in Galway are getting a flight they choose Dublin over Shannon airport the vast majority of the time.
The Clare Echo reports that Matthew Thomas, CEO of the Shannon Group which is responsible for the airport, told Clare County Council that a million people a year from Galway fly out of Dublin instead of Shannon Airport because that is their habit.

Mr Thomas was making a presentation to the December meeting of the county council, where he said that outside of Dublin, Shannon airport is the fastest growing in Ireland.
There was some skepticism from the council, with Independent councillor PJ Ryan asking why there isn’t more traffic from Galway through Shannon, mentioning the constant bus services running from Galway to Dublin Airport.

The councillor was critical of Transport Minister Shane Ross for not doing more to get airlines to fly into Shannon.
He said that this left the people there working “with one hand tied behind you back”.

www.galwaydaily.com/news/one-million-ga ... n-airport/

Galwayman

Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:24 pm

OA260 wrote:
One million people in Galway fly Dublin over Shannon Airport

It might be the closer airport by some margin, but when people in Galway are getting a flight they choose Dublin over Shannon airport the vast majority of the time.
The Clare Echo reports that Matthew Thomas, CEO of the Shannon Group which is responsible for the airport, told Clare County Council that a million people a year from Galway fly out of Dublin instead of Shannon Airport because that is their habit.

Mr Thomas was making a presentation to the December meeting of the county council, where he said that outside of Dublin, Shannon airport is the fastest growing in Ireland.
There was some skepticism from the council, with Independent councillor PJ Ryan asking why there isn’t more traffic from Galway through Shannon, mentioning the constant bus services running from Galway to Dublin Airport.

The councillor was critical of Transport Minister Shane Ross for not doing more to get airlines to fly into Shannon.
He said that this left the people there working “with one hand tied behind you back”.

http://www.galwaydaily.com/news/one-mil ... n-airport/

Dublin airport is really easy get to from Galway by express bus with a great choice of routes, prices and destinations .

SNN sometimes has got cheaper flights but the timings can be bad and the ground transportation isn’t regular enough

Skyblue39

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:33 pm

Croatia Airlines are making Zagreb-Dublin year round.

S19 will be 3w on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
W19 will be 2w on Thursday and Sunday.

Flights available for booking. Source: Croatia
Airlines Website and online timetable.

OA260

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:05 am

More issues at BFS :

Belfast International Airport apologises for long security queues

Belfast International Airport has apologised again after passengers complained about long security queues.
Angry customers posted photos on social media which showed queues stretching down staircases on Thursday night.
Two Liverpool-bound passengers told BBC News NI that not all security lanes and bag scanners were in operation at the time.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46751279

—-

Knock's up: UK routes spur Ireland West to record number of passengers

IRELAND West Airport, formerly Knock Airport, had another record year in 2018, with more than 770,000 passengers. That beat its previous record of 750,000.

The airport said its performance was boosted by flights to and from the UK, with an extra 21,600 passengers flying on those routes in 2018, up 3pc on 2017.

Passenger numbers on Flybe services to Birmingham, Edinburgh and Manchester reached record levels, while 82,000 passengers travelled on Aer Lingus' Gatwick route.

https://m.independent.ie/business/irish ... 79531.html

downtown273

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:54 am

OA260 wrote:
More issues at BFS : Belfast International Airport apologises for long security queues

I flew BFS-ALC last Friday and it was a disaster. I had priority security, and it took me 25 minutes to clear security.
Tbh I let a couple with a baby from the 'standard' queue in front of me because their AGP flight was on last call and they were ready to cry.
The standard queue waiting time was 1h30+

Again, not all security lanes were open - it's a horrible pax experience.

dstc47

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:22 am

A curious notion that Galway passengers use Dublin out of "habit", as if convenience, or price were not relevant factors.
Belfast seems determined to drive traffic to Dublin also with constant passenger complaints, not just about security screening.

I see that Herb Kelleher (of Southwest) has passed away.

AmricanShamrok

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:37 am

dstc47 wrote:
A curious notion that Galway passengers use Dublin out of "habit", as if convenience, or price were not relevant factors.

Maybe not always but habit definitely comes into it in some cases - I know people who live nearer to SNN than DUB and they don't even bother to research prices from SNN, they always only book via DUB.

mast2407

Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:12 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
dstc47 wrote:

Maybe not always but habit definitely comes into it in some cases - I know people who live nearer to SNN than DUB and they don't even bother to research prices from SNN, they always only book via DUB.

To be honest, I've always tried to actively use Shannon but for me, the flight times and the prices from Dublin generally make far greater sense, even over the question of convenience.

iRISH251

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:25 pm

EIDL wrote:
iRISH251 wrote:

Both airlines operate 737 Classics which may not appear on FR24 depending on MLAT coverage. So its not something to trust entirely either.

They do show on FR24, in my experience. In fact it is the same aircraft which operates KEF-DUB as Bluebird and onwards DUB-LGG as TNT (and vice versa).

EI321

Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:51 pm

Aer Lingus media event booked for January 17th apparently, invites gone out. The retro jet is gone into the hangar in DUB. I suspect images of the livery will leak before the event.

OA260

Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:33 am

Seems Aer Lingus having issues at DUB this morning.

ClassicLover

Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:46 pm

OA260 wrote:
Seems Aer Lingus having issues at DUB this morning.

What a nightmare! I would hate to arrive at the terminal and discover that in front of me.

Hopefully they're processing people quickly.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

eirflot

Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:08 pm

It's probably one of the busiest weekends for travel and it is a surprise that EI would be caught napping - or maybe not!!!!

OA260

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:52 am

Aer Lingus prepares for takeoff with €2m brand refresh

Airline plans rebrand involving changes to shamrock logo, aircraft livery and uniforms

Aer Lingus plans a rebrand this year that is likely to cost the Irish airline less than €2 million.

The Irish carrier, which is part of the Willie Walsh-led International Consolidated Airlines Group, will later this year begin taking delivery of the nine A321LR aircraft that it has ordered from European manufacturer Airbus.

It is also planning an extensive rebrand involving some changes to its shamrock logo, aircraft livery and uniforms. Aer Lingus is due to give details of the changes next week.

While sources estimate that such an extensive rebrand could cost up to €20 million to complete, including repainting its fleet, it is understood that it will cost Aer Lingus less than €2 million.

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... -1.3749310

---

We flew Aer Lingus from Dublin to New York to see if it's a hidden gem among Europe's best airlines. Here's the verdict

We took Aer Lingus Flight EI100 to Dublin and returned home on Flight EI101.

Here's a look at our experience in economy class on board Aer Lingus Flight EI101 from Dublin to Newark.

www.businessinsider.com/aer-lingus-inte ... parture-60

klm617

Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:26 pm

Any word on who the front runners are in the next round of North American additions ?
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

kaitak
Topic Author

Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:26 pm

[quote="OA260"]Aer Lingus prepares for takeoff with €2m brand refresh

Airline plans rebrand involving changes to shamrock logo, aircraft livery and uniforms

Aer Lingus plans a rebrand this year that is likely to cost the Irish airline less than €2 million.

The Irish carrier, which is part of the Willie Walsh-led International Consolidated Airlines Group, will later this year begin taking delivery of the nine A321LR aircraft that it has ordered from European manufacturer Airbus.

It is also planning an extensive rebrand involving some changes to its shamrock logo, aircraft livery and uniforms. Aer Lingus is due to give details of the changes next week.

While sources estimate that such an extensive rebrand could cost up to €20 million to complete, including repainting its fleet, it is understood that it will cost Aer Lingus less than €2 million.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/tran ... -1.3749310

That doesn't augur particularly well, in terms of expecting anything dramatic or exciting.

ClassicLover

Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:37 pm

kaitak wrote:
That doesn't augur particularly well, in terms of expecting anything dramatic or exciting.

I disagree with you there. Repainting the fleet is not included as they are going to do the repaints as they would usually be due, so they're clearly not booking that cost against the rebrand, which makes sense.

It's plenty of money for a brand refresh really and I don't think they were going for dramatic or exciting. Refresh is different to a total change of branding.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

AmricanShamrok

Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:37 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
kaitak wrote:

I disagree with you there. Repainting the fleet is not included as they are going to do the repaints as they would usually be due, so they're clearly not booking that cost against the rebrand, which makes sense.

It's plenty of money for a brand refresh really and I don't think they were going for dramatic or exciting. Refresh is different to a total change of branding.

I hope they don't drag the a**e out of repainting the fleet though. I remember when UA was transitioning from the "Battleship Grey" to the blue one, it took the bones of a decade for the full fleet to be repainted (actually, I think some were still in the grey livery when the "Continental Globe" one was introduced).

alancostello

Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:54 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
ClassicLover wrote:
kaitak wrote:

I hope they don't drag the a**e out of repainting the fleet though. I remember when UA was transitioning from the "Battleship Grey" to the blue one, it took the bones of a decade for the full fleet to be repainted (actually, I think some were still in the grey livery when the "Continental Globe" one was introduced).

With it being a brand 'refresh' I'd imagine it'll be similar to what KLM has done with the wave, existing liveried aircraft won't look terribly out of place with ones that have been repainted. I can't imagine them taking multiple years to repaint ~50 aircraft.

LH982

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:00 pm

alancostello wrote:
With it being a brand 'refresh' I'd imagine it'll be similar to what KLM has done with the wave, existing liveried aircraft won't look terribly out of place with ones that have been repainted. I can't imagine them taking multiple years to repaint ~50 aircraft.

Let's pray you're right

shamrock350

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:56 pm

The word “refresh” can mean a lot of things.

Anyone who claims to have seen the new livery say it’s a green tail, green engines and a new style logo with a new typeface and altered shamrock. The CEO has also been quoted as saying it will take some getting used to at first so I think we can kiss goodbye to a KLM style update.

A major focus of the update is the digital application of the brand which tells me it will be more than what most of us would consider a refresh.

ELBOB

Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:34 am

iRISH251 wrote:
. A Swedish Cessna Citation (SE-RLT) arrived at DUB on about 1945 on Christmas Day - probably an air ambulance flight. That is the only movement actually witnessed by anyone.

You are correct, only the Citation operated on an ambulance flight. Dublin airport was closed on Christmas Day to all traffic except emergency medical and SAR.

OA260

Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:54 am

The DAA has put the concessions for its lucrative electronics stores at Dublin Airport back out to tender after a legal bust-up last year.

The semi-State airport authority had put the contracts for two stores, one at T1 and another in T2, up for grabs in October 2017.
The stores are operated under the Dixons Travel brand, which is part of the Dixons Carphone group.

https://m.independent.ie/business/irish ... 88643.html

—-

Dublin Airport staff baffled after someone weirdly abandons important item in the terminal

Have you ever thought of ditching your pants while in Dublin Airport?

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-n ... r-15643882

Eagleboy

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:16 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
ClassicLover wrote:
......... Refresh is different to a total change of branding.

I dont think that will be an issue. United had 100s of aircraft across multiple bases to repaint. EI have 50, their A330's get a C Check every year (at this time) and a regular repaint every 3-4 years. So easy to extand the time in hanger to cover repaint on widebody fleet.
B757s are being phased out over next 2 years so no need to repaint them. Similar for any A320's approaching end of lease.
New deliveries of A321LRs (and any additional A330s) will be in new livery.
I expect that the overall repaint will be complete by March 2020.

Currently 3 A330s are out of service for maintainance. EDY is getting the new livery, GAJ was flown to Abu Dhabi and DUO is in Bordeaux. I may have missed 1 elsewhere though.

JAmie2k9

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:51 pm

EK grew DXB traffic 2% to reach 442,000 in 2018 despite cutting capacity. 50.5% or 223,342 connected to onwards.

Full Info: http://www.travelextra.ie/emirates-pass ... lin-route/

alancostello

Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:05 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
EK grew DXB traffic 2% to reach 442,000 in 2018 despite cutting capacity. 50.5% or 223,342 connected to onwards.

They cut capacity? I thought they were still doing the double daily 77Ws? Are you talking about the temporary reduction while the second DXB runway is closed for resurfacing in April/May? They reduced frequencies across nearly every route for that, they had to, wouldn't really see it as them cutting capacity per se.

JAmie2k9

Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:36 pm

alancostello wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

They cut capacity? I thought they were still doing the double daily 77Ws? Are you talking about the temporary reduction while the second DXB runway is closed for resurfacing in April/May? They reduced frequencies across nearly every route for that, they had to, wouldn't really see it as them cutting capacity per se.

They dropped a 2 class for 3 class on a daily service which is around 150 less seats per day in second half of the year. Well in excess of 10,000 less seats in 2018.

OA260

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:03 am

Aer Lingus was told to pay thousands to workers 'in limbo' after a restructuring of its food unit
The airline rejigged its catering set-up before it was bought by IAG.

AER LINGUS HAS been told to pay €14,000 to two former catering staff members who claimed they were left “in limbo” after being removed from their roles over five years ago.

The Labour Court recently recommended in two separate decisions that the airline pay €7,000 each to the two workers for causing them “great distress” following the 2013 restructuring of the carrier’s catering unit.

The move took place two years before Aer Lingus was acquired by Spanish group IAG in 2015.

https://fora.ie/aer-lingus-catering-sta ... 8-Jan2019/

—-

New runway more critical than terminal says Dublin airport boss

DAA chief executive Dalton Philips says airport has growth capacity until early 2030s

Dublin airport does not need a new terminal, it needs a new runway, according to Dalton Philips, chief executive of the airport’s owner, DAA.

While the Government needs to look at the long term needs of the country, acknowledged Mr Philips, he added that Dublin airport has sufficient capacity until the early 2030s to allow for a growth of up to 45million passengers.

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... 6?mode=amp

JAmie2k9

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:17 pm

MORE PERSONNEL AND resources for US preclearance at Dublin and Shannon Airports has been approved by Cabinet today.

US Preclearance facilitates passengers of US-bound flights from Dublin and Shannon Airports to fully clear all US controls before leaving Ireland.

Dublin and Shannon are currently the only preclearance locations in Europe, where 1.7 million passengers availed of the service in 2017.

Due to increasing numbers, additional staff and capacity is now required to allow growth to continue.

The costs of the expansion of resources for the preclearance services will be funded by Irish airports, and not the Exchequer.

It was also agreed with the United States that it will absorb some of the actual cost of assigning an additional officer to Ireland.

US authorities will also continue to fund a baseline level of service, on a par with that which is offered at present.

The amounts to be paid will be set out in Memoranda of Understanding between Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and each airport.

https://www.thejournal.ie/us-preclearan ... 9-Jan2019/

eirflot

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:08 pm

I think Air Dolomiti just stole EIs thunder! Not sure I like the new Italian look but very much in keeping with the corporate parent approach!

Seriously not looking great for EI!!

OA260

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:17 pm

eirflot wrote:
I think Air Dolomiti just stole EIs thunder! Not sure I like the new Italian look but very much in keeping with the corporate parent approach!

Not really a big difference compared to what we are expecting to see from EI. Air Dolomiti looks ok and on the smaller A/C they have it works.

shamrock350

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:36 pm

eirflot wrote:

Oh come off it! :lol:

Air Dolomiti’s altered livery will barely cause a ripple in the aviation community let alone anywhere else.

CFNFlyer

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:02 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
alancostello wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

They dropped a 2 class for 3 class on a daily service which is around 150 less seats per day in second half of the year. Well in excess of 10,000 less seats in 2018.

Any truth in rumours they're considering a third daily? Heard it mentioned a few times over the past year but never from EK themselves

Impressive numbers considering they had all the extra competition from Qatar, Cathay & Hainan last year

HTCone

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:46 pm

CFNFlyer wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
alancostello wrote:

Any truth in rumours they're considering a third daily? Heard it mentioned a few times over the past year but never from EK themselves

Impressive numbers considering they had all the extra competition from Qatar, Cathay & Hainan last year

I read an interview with their Irish market boss probably around a year ago in which he said they had wanted to do a third flight some time in the 6/7am timeframe but there was no room in T2 for them then and they were unwilling to move to T1 like EY did.

They also made serious approaches about A380 services around 2013/2014 but the airfield just can't handle it outside of an absolute emergency situation

OA260

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:38 am

Excitement in Dublin Airport as 'rare visitor' touches down in the capital

Aviation geeks would be delighted seeing this

There was great excitement amongst aviation geeks in Dublin Airport on Wednesday after a "rare visitor" touched down.

The DC3 plane, which dates back to 1942, made its way to the international airport as a stop off point for re-fueling.

It was converted to a BT-67 back in 2007, giving it a considerably more modern look.

www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/exci ... r-15656400

---

Minister calls special meeting to assess threat of drones to Irish airports

The Transport Minister has called a special meeting of an expert industry group to assess the threat of drones could have on Irish airports.

Shane Ross is to hold a meeting of the National Civil Aviation Threat and Risk Group tomorrow to assess and advise him on the recent incidents at British airports which caused travel chaos when planes were grounded at both Heathrow and Gatwick.

Gardaí, the Defence Forces and the Irish Aviation Authority will all brief the Minister who has promised to take any action needed to respond to the threat of illegal drone activity around Irish airports.

www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/minister-ca ... 96607.html

JAmie2k9

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:24 am

HTCone wrote:
CFNFlyer wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

I read an interview with their Irish market boss probably around a year ago in which he said they had wanted to do a third flight some time in the 6/7am timeframe but there was no room in T2 for them then and they were unwilling to move to T1 like EY did.

They also made serious approaches about A380 services around 2013/2014 but the airfield just can't handle it outside of an absolute emergency situation

Yeah claimed it was “full” around them time they dropped 2 class. Im sure a third will happen but they also need to make money (whats stopping it), reducing capacity helps. In the meantime EY/QR have some breathing space and captalising on it peak season next year.

cc47

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:14 pm

EI-DVM has returned to operating flights today. I understood that she was to be the first aircraft painted in the new livery. 'CVA was ferried to SNN yesterday, have EI changed their mind or was 'DVM ever planned to be the first aircraft?

OA260

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:14 pm

Blow for Shannon Airport as Kuwaiti stopovers end

Flights had stopped in Clare since 2016

Shannon Airport has suffered a blow as lucrative stopovers between Kuwait and the US are set to end on Friday.

Kuwait and the US are set to resume direct air flights, which have for three years been making transit stops at the Co Clare airport.

The flight travelled between Kuwait and JFK via Shannon to allow passenger and baggage screening - but did not pick up any passengers at the Irish airport.

www.independent.ie/irish-news/blow-for- ... 00483.html

shamrock350

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:57 am

Paul Buckley, Head of Social at Aer Lingus has indicated that EI-DVM, the Retro, isn’t going anywhere.

In an exchange on Twitter he replied to a user who had shared a Change.org petition set up to keep the retrojet flying (yes, really) and stated there was no need for such a petition. When asked if that meant the retrojet would be around for years to come he simply replied “yup” much to the delight of the retrojet fan!

There’s nothing quite like the rumour mill at Aer Lingus!

OA260

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:33 am

Two planes in near miss on Dublin Airport taxiway, AAIU finds

Investigation found planes were operating on different transmission frequencies

Two aeroplanes full of passengers nearly collided at Dublin Airport as they were not on the same transmission frequency, an investigation has found.

A Boeing aircraft with 176 passengers passed in “close proximity” to the front of an Airbus aircraft carrying 137 passengers last May.

The commanding pilot of the Airbus had signalled to the oncoming Boeing to stop, but the Boeing did not receive the transmission, according to a report by the Air Accident Investigation Unit (AAIU), which made safety recommendations in light of the case.

www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-n ... 9?mode=amp

—-

eirflot

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:43 pm

Why would Stobart get into bed with Flybe and Virgin Atlantic? I'm trying to figure out the logic. Would this move not put the EU contract under pressure?

As reported b6 Sky TV

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos