richcandy

Re: Irish 1/19 : New year, new ... us!

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:14 am

Flew LGW-DUB-SFO-DUB-LHR over the past week. This was the first time I had flown EI transatlantic. Pre clearance was great, maybe I was just lucky but no wait and it took all of 2 mins.

Dublin to San Francisco appeared to have maybe 10 pax in business and 100 or so in economy. Coke and lemonade etc served from 2L plastic bottles. Don’t think I’ve seen that before. They didn’t really push sales of alcohol. Food from Ireland was pretty basic. The vegan meal was a plate of raw broccoli, cauliflower, carrot and pepper. About half way into the flight they offered a buy on board service. Pre arrival snack was sausage roll type thing or veggie equivalent. Not really sure why they bother with this might be better off offering hot drinks and biscuits.

On the return flight business was full but there were maybe 50 people in economy. Lots and lots of empty rows. Friendly crew, I explained that I collected airline stuff and asked if I could have a new version safety card. They said yes and got me two A330-200 cards (old and new version) plus business class entertainment guide and a pen. Food was a little better from SFO. Same raw veg vegan meal but standard economy meal was better. Less like a ready meal with a plastic lid and more like a traditional airline meal.

The LGW-DUB flight was operated by EI-DVL this was on the 16th jan. it doesn’t seam to of flown since then does anyone know why?
Also DUB-SFO was operated by EI-GCF so one of the newer aircraft but the return was operated by EI-DAA so older and a -200. Is there any sort of pattern as to what routes gets what A330?

Thanks

Alex

eirflot

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:39 am

A true four star airline!

OA260

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:50 am

Two planes carrying 325 people almost collided at Dublin Airport 'taxiway blackspot'

The incident on a taxiway at Dublin Airport was the third near miss at the junction

A probe into a near miss by two aircraft at an airport danger blackspot found that there was a fault in Air Traffic Control safety procedures.

The incident on a taxiway at Dublin Airport was the third near miss on the taxiway junction previously labelled a danger "Aerodrome Hot Spot".

The latest incident involved two giant aircraft, a 737 EI-EBW and an Airbus EI-DER, as they came within feet of colliding as they made their way to take off on May 19 last.

www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/two- ... e-13887779

JAmie2k9

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:56 am

richcandy wrote:
Flew LGW-DUB-SFO-DUB-LHR over the past week. This was the first time I had flown EI transatlantic. Pre clearance was great, maybe I was just lucky but no wait and it took all of 2 mins.

Dublin to San Francisco appeared to have maybe 10 pax in business and 100 or so in economy. Coke and lemonade etc served from 2L plastic bottles. Don’t think I’ve seen that before. They didn’t really push sales of alcohol. Food from Ireland was pretty basic. The vegan meal was a plate of raw broccoli, cauliflower, carrot and pepper. About half way into the flight they offered a buy on board service. Pre arrival snack was sausage roll type thing or veggie equivalent. Not really sure why they bother with this might be better off offering hot drinks and biscuits.

On the return flight business was full but there were maybe 50 people in economy. Lots and lots of empty rows. Friendly crew, I explained that I collected airline stuff and asked if I could have a new version safety card. They said yes and got me two A330-200 cards (old and new version) plus business class entertainment guide and a pen. Food was a little better from SFO. Same raw veg vegan meal but standard economy meal was better. Less like a ready meal with a plastic lid and more like a traditional airline meal.

The LGW-DUB flight was operated by EI-DVL this was on the 16th jan. it doesn’t seam to of flown since then does anyone know why?
Also DUB-SFO was operated by EI-GCF so one of the newer aircraft but the return was operated by EI-DAA so older and a -200. Is there any sort of pattern as to what routes gets what A330?

Thanks

Alex

-200 usually T, Th, Sa however this time of year loads drop and heavy maintenance carrided out so not set. April-October is daily -300.

ClassicLover

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:33 am

EK770 wrote:
The silver shamrock gives some food for thought!

The multicolored headrests of the economy cabin..... not so much....

It's always been silver for business class. The menus from when I flew a few years ago were black with silver shamrocks.

I love the multicoloured headrests in economy :) Looks really interesting to the eye. That's a total win!
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

OA260

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:33 pm

ClassicLover wrote:

I love the multicoloured headrests in economy :) Looks really interesting to the eye. That's a total win!

Totally agree it really brightens up the cabin and quite unique looking. The new digital boarding passes are great too. The majority on the livery thread were focusing on just the Euro white but when you take into account the whole branding refresh its very nice.

BrianDromey

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:46 pm

OA260 wrote:
Totally agree it really brightens up the cabin and quite unique looking. The new digital boarding passes are great too. The majority on the livery thread were focusing on just the Euro white but when you take into account the whole branding refresh its very nice.

I agree, the brand as a whole works well. Im actually pretty keen on the livery, it looks much fresher than the old scheme. I wonder if the titles might be enlarged on future repaints, as the font seems a bit light to be seen at a distance and they look a bit small to my eyes. The enlarged Delta titles look very well on the A330neo, for example.

eirflot

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:19 pm

Yes
The brand refresh is clean, simple and quite sharp. The teal works and for a change it is possible to see the shamrock clearly
What is essential now is that EI themselves embrace the brand and it is used to its full potential - that is in every aspect of their operation.
The more you view the new look the sharper it becomes
It will be interesting to see how they blend the new uniform

wexfordflyer

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:30 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
OA260 wrote:

I agree, the brand as a whole works well. Im actually pretty keen on the livery, it looks much fresher than the old scheme. I wonder if the titles might be enlarged on future repaints, as the font seems a bit light to be seen at a distance and they look a bit small to my eyes. The enlarged Delta titles look very well on the A330neo, for example.

I have to say, I agree. While I'm not a huge fan of the livery, seeing it around the airfield at DUB, it's certainly a lot fresher and more modern and I believe that's a good thing. It highlights even more how dated the old one was, no matter how iconic we all feel it was. Same goes for things like signs and barriers around the terminal.

It's not the most exciting brand, but it's fresh and modern. Not a bad way to be for an airline that wants to be seen as value and consistent.
Come with me, there's a place I want you to see, where the leaves are dark, I've got a hiding place in central park.

Armaghman

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:30 pm

Armaghman wrote:
Hainan to launch Dublin Shenzhen twice a week Monday and Friday on 25th Feb - not much notice

https://fora.ie/hainan-airlines-dublin- ... 3-Jan2019/

Has anyone an opinion other than on Aeringus. Crazy how we all went mad for the first flight to China everyone, second one comes along which is till Shenzhen and everyone just goes agh well.

Is Cathay flight that successful that merits a direct to Shenzhen. I do find this an odd launch but then it is Hainan!

alancostello

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Armaghman wrote:
Armaghman wrote:
Hainan to launch Dublin Shenzhen twice a week Monday and Friday on 25th Feb - not much notice

Has anyone an opinion other than on Aeringus. Crazy how we all went mad for the first flight to China everyone, second one comes along which is till Shenzhen and everyone just goes agh well.

Is Cathay flight that successful that merits a direct to Shenzhen. I do find this an odd launch but then it is Hainan!

I would imagine it also captures Guangzhou traffic, which means we're unlikely to see a China Southern flight any time soon if both HK and Shenzhen have flights.

ClassicLover

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:42 pm

Armaghman wrote:

Hainan obviously think it's going to be a success. Twice weekly is a nice toe in the water. To be fair, I would expect the majority of the traffic to originate from the Chinese end of the route. It's good to see.

I wonder if we'll ever see one of the Japanese airlines operating regular services to Ireland.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

shamrock604

Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:16 pm

Armaghman wrote:
Armaghman wrote:

I suspect it’s a spoiler to stall CX on a frequency increase on the HKG route. I’m a little surprised that the PEK service wasn’t decoupled from EDI first however. What it does mean is that HU will be in Dublin 6 days a week.

OA260

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:43 pm

Hope they dont go direct and cut DUB-EDI just yet. I flew this great 5th freedom sector in J last year and hoping to do it again before it goes.

shamrock604

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:31 pm

OA260 wrote:
Hope they dont go direct and cut DUB-EDI just yet. I flew this great 5th freedom sector in J last year and hoping to do it again before it goes.

Must admit, I’ve been wanting to try it myself!

On the wider point, adding Shenzhen would suggest they are reasonably happy with performance at DUB. I’ll admit however, it’s not a city I ever imagined us having a direct flight to!

OA260

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:40 am

TUI pull Mallorca flight from City of Derry Airport

It’s been confirmed that the TUI service from City of Derry Airport to Mallorca has been pulled.

The company has stated that its due to weaker demand across the UK for summer holidays in 2019.

The airport says that discussions are underway with a number of other carriers as there is still a strong demand for summer sun services within the area.

www.highlandradio.com/2019/01/21/tui-pu ... y-airport/

---

Stobart Air soars as profits reach €3.3m

Dublin-based Stobart Air, whose operations include the Aer Lingus Regional service, swung into the black in its last financial year with a €3.3m pre-tax profit.

That compared to a €10.5m loss in the previous 14-month financial period.

Stobart Air is part of the UK-based Stobart Group, which is involved in a consortium that includes Virgin Atlantic, which is acquiring struggling carrier Flybe. Stobart Air also operates less than 10 routes on behalf of Flybe.

Apart from operating the Aer Lingus Regional service on a franchise basis, Stobart Air inked a deal last year to operate routes for British Airways under the BA CityFlyer brand. Aer Lingus and British Airways are both part of the IAG group.

Turnover at Stobart Air rose 8pc on a comparative basis to €144.6m in the 12 months to the end of last February. It carried 1.68 million passengers in the last financial year, compared to 1.54 million in the previous comparative period. It said it's on track to carry 1.8m passengers in the financial year that ends next month.

www.independent.ie/business/irish/stoba ... 30976.html

embraer420

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:56 pm

shamrock604 wrote:

On the wider point, adding Shenzhen would suggest they are reasonably happy with performance at DUB. I’ll admit however, it’s not a city I ever imagined us having a direct flight to!

Five years ago if you told me we'd have a direct flight to Shenzhen I'd have said you were daydreaming. In the past year or two though what with the links to HKG and PEK it's looked like it would be inevitable at some stage, Shenzhen is Chinese Silicon Valley and there's a sizeable Irish expat community out there. Although I imagined it would only happen after the new runway is completed. I also naively hoped EI would launch this route and maybe PEK and PVG. :roll:

JAmie2k9

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:45 pm

Icelandair increase KEF to x10 weekly (x7) from mid May.to mid September. WOW still showing as x12 weekly. All available to book.

eirflot

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:53 pm

Where are all the bodies coming from. I'm sure the population is only 4.7m
Are there really that many travelling to the US/Canada?

embraer420

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:19 pm

EI321 wrote:
Some more details on the new Aer Lingus branding:

https://lippincott.com/work/aer-lingus/

I've thought about it for a few days now and the refreshed brand is quite nice. Except the eurowhite obviously.

The new safety cards and the cups especially look great. The multicoloured headrests remind of VY a little. It's good that they've kept the seats green on the TATL fleet. Does anyone know if there will be changes to the shorthaul cabin?

Skyblue39

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:46 pm

eirflot wrote:

You are inferring that flights are only being filled with Irish people. You do know that tourism into Ireland is booming and 2018 saw a 6% increase on 2017 with 11.2M people visiting Ireland in 2018. Also Dublin Airport has seen 31.2M passengers in 2018. It’s not all about Irish originating passengers as you seem to suggest!

eirflot

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:51 pm

I didn't suggest anything, just an observation!!
I'm fully aware that we have tourists too
I am more intrigued on the connecting numbets, especially where Iceland us involved. It seems unusual that they are increasing their flights with Norwegian direct flights
Don't get your ninnies in a twist- it was simply an observation

JAmie2k9

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:10 pm

embraer420 wrote:
EI321 wrote:
Some more details on the new Aer Lingus branding:

https://lippincott.com/work/aer-lingus/

I've thought about it for a few days now and the refreshed brand is quite nice. Except the eurowhite obviously.

The new safety cards and the cups especially look great. The multicoloured headrests remind of VY a little. It's good that they've kept the seats green on the TATL fleet. Does anyone know if there will be changes to the shorthaul cabin?

____

JAmie2k9

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:13 pm

eirflot wrote:

Plenty of younger Americans will fly to DUB (possibly stay for a few days) and then fly Ryanair/Easyjet across Europe. I do think the capacity is excessive and with WOW cutting lts of T/A network freq to DUB may well be cut between now and summer.

Eagleboy

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:20 pm

757usairways wrote:
August 8th
PHL-DUB
MSP-DUB
BDL-DUB
BOS-SNN
JFK-SNN
ASL only has 4 B757s and is one of these routes going to go to a A330 or A321LR. Or did they pick up another B757.

JAmie2k9 wrote:
One will be A321, plans have changed but latest is MSP will get the A321.

Press release about 2 months ago stated that BDL will be changed to an A321LR in July. Havent seen anything about the MSP route.
Separate release had said that Montreal will be launched with an A321LR.

IAG Capital Markets presentation showed EI getting 3 A321LRs this year, with the other 5 in time for Summer 2020. (of the current 8 frame order, havent seen any details on the additional 6 expected by 2023)

JAmie2k9

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:04 pm

Eagleboy wrote:
757usairways wrote:
August 8th
PHL-DUB
MSP-DUB
BDL-DUB
BOS-SNN
JFK-SNN
ASL only has 4 B757s and is one of these routes going to go to a A330 or A321LR. Or did they pick up another B757.

JAmie2k9 wrote:
One will be A321, plans have changed but latest is MSP will get the A321.

Press release about 2 months ago stated that BDL will be changed to an A321LR in July. Havent seen anything about the MSP route.
Separate release had said that Montreal will be launched with an A321LR.

IAG Capital Markets presentation showed EI getting 3 A321LRs this year, with the other 5 in time for Summer 2020. (of the current 8 frame order, havent seen any details on the additional 6 expected by 2023)

Latest is MSP. If not then in my opinion PHL will be ahead of BDL. I believe MSP was also stated publicly after BDL was.

I don't think they have officially agreed an order/lease agreement for the extra A321LRs so they are not listed.

Armaghman

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:31 pm

embraer420 wrote:
shamrock604 wrote:

Five years ago if you told me we'd have a direct flight to Shenzhen I'd have said you were daydreaming. In the past year or two though what with the links to HKG and PEK it's looked like it would be inevitable at some stage, Shenzhen is Chinese Silicon Valley and there's a sizeable Irish expat community out there. Although I imagined it would only happen after the new runway is completed. I also naively hoped EI would launch this route and maybe PEK and PVG. :roll:

I Really did think Shanghai would be next. Will be inteeedring to see what happens over the next couple of years. As much as I’d like to see Aer Lingus give it ago I just don’t see it happening.

IAG/BA influence will mean it doesn’t, if IAG ever get hands on Finnair which may come back up after Norwegian gone again it will definitely never happen as Finnair will become to easy what aer lingus is to West

NiallS

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:05 am

JAmie2k9 wrote:
Icelandair increase KEF to x10 weekly (x7) from mid May.to mid September. WOW still showing as x12 weekly. All available to book.

WOW is showing as 1x daily for me.

OA260

Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:33 am

Cork Airport eyeing more transatlantic flights; Waterford Airport awaits decision on future

Cork Airport is targeting further transatlantic opportunities as well as more city and sun destinations in 2019, while a decision on the future of Waterford Airport is said to be imminent.

Newly appointed head of aviation business development at Cork Airport, Brian Gallagher said every regional airport in Europe "would love more opportunities" for transatlantic flights, which first took off from Cork in July 2017 when Norwegian flew to Providence, Rhode Island.
However, low-cost long-haul model Norwegian then ruled out its proposed flights from Cork to New York City, citing the runway at Cork Airport as being too short to allow its aircraft to fly the extra distance from Providence to New York.

Mr Gallagher said that Norwegian's calculations did not mean other airlines and aircraft could not make the trip, and that Cork was ambitious in its targets for attracting more transatlantic flights.

"Norwegian put us on the transatlantic map, and it has been a great addition to Cork Airport.He cited the Boeing 757 mid-size narrow-body aircraft as one that had the range, saying the runway was "not necessarily an obstacle" to American destinations.

Boeing rival Airbus is currently enhancing its A320 Neo family of jets that analysts say will be 15% more fuel-efficient -- which would theoretically eliminate the short runway obstacle for airlines.

www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/busi ... 99643.html

richcandy

Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:39 am

eirflot wrote:

I wonder how many transit pax?
Last week I flew LGW-DUB-SFO. Of the 10 or 12 pax in the queue at baggage drop at least 8 had transfer tags attached to their bags. This was on a Wednesday in January which I guess ins't peak season. I guess transiting via somewhere on the way to the USA and Canada is more popular from the UK regions rather than London.

Also another 1.8m in the North. (as well as inbound pax)

Alex

BrianDromey

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:06 pm

richcandy wrote:
eirflot wrote:

I wonder how many transit pax?
Last week I flew LGW-DUB-SFO. Of the 10 or 12 pax in the queue at baggage drop at least 8 had transfer tags attached to their bags. This was on a Wednesday in January which I guess ins't peak season. I guess transiting via somewhere on the way to the USA and Canada is more popular from the UK regions rather than London. Alex

I would guess that on a route like LON-DUB there would be a relatively high number of Hand Baggage Only Guests with people doing day-trips, short overnights etc. Long-haul is likely to be the other way, with relatively fewer. From the reports, I think about 30% of EI transatlantic traffic is transfers? O&D is still surprisingly high.

Are there any figures for the proportion of EI traffic which is "Smart" transatlantic fares?

Brian.

factsonly

Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:06 pm

KLM announces it will wet-lease an EMB195 from Stobart Air to operate 4x daily DUB-AMS in S19.
The Dutch airline plans 6x daily DUB-AMS flights.

The aircraft is ex FlyBe and the arrangement supports KLM summer capacity hike.

shamrock350

Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:10 pm

A third aircraft has been repainted into the new Aer Lingus livery, EI-DVL returned to service today after some time in the paint hanger.

Both EI-CVB and ‘CVC have been out of action for quite a while, some suggest they are the next to be repainted. If true that would mean all three of the oldest A320s at Aer Lingus, the first being EI-CVA, will have received the new livery.

VFRonTop

Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:50 pm

factsonly wrote:
KLM announces it will wet-lease an EMB195 from Stobart Air to operate 4x daily DUB-AMS in S19.
The Dutch airline plans 6x daily DUB-AMS flights.

The aircraft is ex FlyBe and the arrangement supports KLM summer capacity hike.

Nice to see that KLM is building frequency and an ex-BE E195 is finding a decent use.

Would be interesting to speculate how much more of this kind of flying Stobart can secure if/when the Flybe deal is secured.

OA260

Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:56 pm

Speaking to a guy closely involved with EL AL today at the RDS. Seems DUB nearly got a TLV flight but narrowly lost it to MAN due to them having a larger Jewish population. DUB-TLV is still very much on the cards though and could be announced within next 18 months.

embraer420

Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:17 pm

https://m.jpost.com/Israel-News/Ryanair ... 578247/amp

I wonder will Ryanair launch DUB-TLV when they get the MAX-200?

LTenEleven

Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:00 pm

Some cutbacks to the DUB North runway, with half of the RETs and line-up points removed:
https://www.dublinairport.com/docs/defa ... f?sfvrsn=0

The usual Irish approach to future-proofing infrastructure.

AmricanShamrok

Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:59 pm

EI923 (ACE-SNN) diverting to ORK now after circling west of SNN for a while.

FR109 (STN-SNN) had a missed approach at SNN and circled to the northeast of the field before diverting to ORK.

FR1183 (LGW-SNN) holding over Co. Tipperary and looking at diverting to DUB.

Strong crosswinds are the issue with gusts up to 50kn.

embraer420

Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:14 pm

Aer Lingus joins transatlantic joint venture

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tra ... 6?mode=amp

IrishTexan

Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:51 pm

embraer420 wrote:
Aer Lingus joins transatlantic joint venture

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tra ... 6?mode=amp

Given the speed of the regulatory approval process, "applies to join" may not become "joins" for quite a while (the ongoing AA/QF jv approval process as a case in point).

OA260

Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:18 am

Aer Lingus workers set to get shopping vouchers instead of profit share

Aer Lingus staff look set to fail in their bid to win a lucrative profit-share scheme from the booming airline, after the Labour Court recommended a 1pc pay rise and payment of €300 worth of vouchers.

With Aer Lingus pre-tax profits soaring to €270m in 2017 - allowing it to pay a €200m dividend to British owner IAG last year - a profit-share scheme could have meant a big financial boost for airline staff.

But management has long insisted that it would only introduce a so-called "gain share" model, which differs from a profit share in that payments would be linked to measurable outcomes such as absenteeism and on-time performance.

www.independent.ie/business/irish/aer-l ... 52343.html

---

Taxpayers foot bill for €10m airstrips lying idle for a decade

Taxpayers’ money is being used to manage and maintain two airstrips that have lain idle for a decade and cost almost €10m to build.

Four years after the Government said it was disposing of airstrips at Cleggan and Inishbofin, it continues to pay private company, Bainistíocht Aerfort Teoranta (BAT), to manage the facilities, along with three aerodromes on the Aran Islands. Since 2013, the company has secured contracts worth more than €3m, including €540,585 for 2012-2013, €613,770 for 2013 to 2015 and €1.86m from October 2015 until September 2019.

www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/taxpayers-f ... 95268.html

OA260

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:16 am

Shannon Group reports strong growth as airport numbers jump

Semi state group says total passenger numbers at Shannon Airport jumped to 1.86m in 2018

hannon Group, the semi state company which operates Shannon Airport and other businesses, recorded “ significant growth” last year.

The group said Shannon Airport enjoyed “its best year this decade” with growth of 6.5 per cent bringing total passenger numbers to over 1.86 million.

This was the first time the 1.8 million mark has been broken since 2009 and represents 33 per cent growth since 2013 when it began operating independent from the DAA, previously Dublin Airport Authority.

UK and transatlantic markets biggest performers, up 7 per cent on each, the group said.

On transatlantic, Shannon operated six airlines to seven destinations – the airport’s biggest number of services to the US/Canada in 17 years.

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... 1?mode=amp

OA260

Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:37 am

Book reveals IRA smuggling route through Shannon

An undercover FBI agent discovered an IRA smuggling route through Shannon Airport, a new book by Clare native Seán O’Driscoll reveals.

David Rupert, who spent seven years as a spy in the Provisional IRA and dissident republican groups, discovered that IRA members had someone working inside the airport who was able to help them come to and from the US in contravention of US anti-terrorism rules.

http://clareherald.com/2019/01/book-rev ... h-shannon/

—-

Ryanair wants more brands for its airline group - but it may not find any easy targets
Chief executive Michael O’Leary said the Dublin carrier could add one or two names to its collection.

MICHAEL O’LEARY SAYS Ryanair could add more airlines to its stable of brands, but aviation pundits say there aren’t many obvious targets right now – unless the outspoken CEO is willing to compromise.

Ryanair yesterday that it had completed a full acquisition of Laudamotion, a low-fare carrier founded by ex-Formula 1 champion Niki Lauda.

https://fora.ie/ryanair-airline-group-b ... 2-Jan2019/

kaitak
Topic Author

Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:32 pm

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... -irish-aoc

New Bizjet operator to seek Irish AOC, using 1 Challenger 605 (initially).

---------------------------------------

Anyone know when the new ATC tower at DUB is supposed to become operational, fully replacing existing tower?

Galwayman

Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:51 pm

eirflot wrote:

The population of Europe is 500 million plus , population of USA /Canada must be 300 million plus ... it’s not about flying Irish people

eirflot

Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:08 pm

Who said it was about irish travelling? I commented on the continuing growth of the trans Atlantic services and was curious if connectivity will continue to grow?

mast2407

Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:33 am

eirflot wrote:
Who said it was about irish travelling? I commented on the continuing growth of the trans Atlantic services and was curious if connectivity will continue to grow?

You did...

eirflot wrote:
“I’m sure the population is only 4.7m”.

That implied that you didn’t realize that the world was a little bigger than Ireland’s 4.7m. Surely you can understand that...

eirflot

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:07 pm

Wow
You are all so good with numbers!!
My point was the sustainability of EI continued growth on the transatlantic and connectivity.

Using the 4.7m population was a base point only .

SQ22

Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:14 pm

Please continue your discussion and to pist your updates in thread for February which can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1414629

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos