United787

Re: Chicago Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:46 pm

kordcj wrote:
I can’t find where I saw this, but anyone else see or hear that Avianca is pulling out of ORD.

They just started ORD-BOG in Oct/Nov... that would seem like unlikely unless it was just doing horribly...

Or is it LR (Avianca Costa Rica) ORD-GUA
Or is it TA (Avianca El Salvador) ORD-SAL

Planeboy17

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:56 pm

evank516 wrote:
yeogeo wrote:
Hadn't noticed this before (CDA email):

This is interesting that ticketing/check in will be in Terminal 2, but flights will still arrive and depart from gates in Terminal 3. Luckily they're connected behind security.

Huh? Where do you see that?
It says March 14th they will transition to T2, all functions. It also states that there will be employees at T3 to help with the transition on March 14th.
Maybe that’s where the confusion is.

Planeboy17

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:03 pm

Okay, I apologize. Now I see what you mean. They will be leaving out of G which is still T3. It is strange that the city email states clearly that gates will be in T2 though. I wonder if they will change G to T2 after this move.
B6 will also be moving over to G2 soon. Possibly March or April.

avi8

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:09 pm

United787 wrote:
kordcj wrote:
I can’t find where I saw this, but anyone else see or hear that Avianca is pulling out of ORD.

They just started ORD-BOG in Oct/Nov... that would seem like unlikely unless it was just doing horribly...

Or is it LR (Avianca Costa Rica) ORD-GUA
Or is it TA (Avianca El Salvador) ORD-SAL

AV does not operate SAL-ORD. It was replaced by GUA-ORD in October of last year.
avi8

Medschool student

nomorerjs

Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:05 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
evank516 wrote:
yeogeo wrote:
Hadn't noticed this before (CDA email):

This is interesting that ticketing/check in will be in Terminal 2, but flights will still arrive and depart from gates in Terminal 3. Luckily they're connected behind security.

Huh? Where do you see that?
It says March 14th they will transition to T2, all functions. It also states that there will be employees at T3 to help with the transition on March 14th.
Maybe that’s where the confusion is.

There have been rumblings of AV pulling out of BOG-BOS on this forum, but only rumors.

AV just started ORD-BOG/GUA and is tied in with UA. I've heard rumblings of ORD-LIM being added, but I'll believe it when I see it.

jcwr56

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:06 am

kordcj wrote:

May 19th...

yeogeo

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:36 am

Planeboy17 wrote:
evank516 wrote:
Where do you see that?
It says March 14th they will transition to T2, all functions.

All functions... but the gates. G gates are considered part of T-3.

Move makes sense: gain some room in the T-3 checkin area and move Alaska's gates to reasonably close & possibly less congested apron; they'll be the big boys in that F to G alley. Not a terrible walk to the gates: after T-2 security go past the playground, a few UA regional gates, into the rotunda and they're the first gates on the right. Right?

nomorerjs

Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:18 am

jcwr56 wrote:
kordcj wrote:

May 19th...

GUA is only booking in full fare Y in May 4x a week:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-12feb19/

And AV just announced a GUA hub. Who knows what’s going on. With UA, one would think ORD would work.

Please provide a 5/19 source.

avi8

Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:33 am

nomorerjs wrote:
jcwr56 wrote:
kordcj wrote:

May 19th...

GUA is only booking in full fare Y in May 4x a week:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-12feb19/

And AV just announced a GUA hub. Who knows what’s going on. With UA, one would think ORD would work.

Please provide a 5/19 source.

Where did you read that GUA will become a hub? I’ve only heard it’s been upgraded to a focus city (which it kind of already was).
avi8

Medschool student

ILS28ORD

Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:42 am

Just curious why articles on O'hare keep calling it "America's busiest airport" and not "worlds busiest airport". If it's #1 in movements in America then it's going to be #1 in the world also. Have the world traffic movement rankings for 2018 not been released yet?

jcwr56

Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:22 am

Here's a cut and paste of the notification sent out locally to the airport community. You can believe it or not..

Chicago, March 1°, 2019.

Dear Stakeholders:
I am writing regarding some changes that will impact our operation in Chicago.
During the past presentation of our 2018 Financial Results to investors and media outlets,
Avianca Holdings announced the most robust corporate transformation plan of the last
decade. The company's new strategy seeks to migrate from a growth model to one focused
on profitability and operational efficiency. The plan includes four work fronts: improve the
operational indicators; optimize the operational profitability, adjust fleet plans; and sell noncore assets.
This transformation plan is necessary to guarantee the sustainability of Avianca holdings in
the long term. With the implementation of this ambitious scheme, we will strengthen our
financial position for the benefit of our clients and our shareholders.
During this process, the optimization of our network operations is necessary to manage
resources and focus efforts.
After a detailed analysis of Avianca’s operational resources, taking in consideration the
profitability of some routes, our growth projection and projected sales, we have made the
decision to suspend our flights to and from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport which connect with
Bogota, Colombia and, Guatemala City, Guatemala. These suspensions will take place in the
months of May and June, respectively.
In North America, we will continue to operate the rest of the flights from and to our other
13 destinations, connecting travelers with our network in Central America, South America,
the Caribbean and Europe through our three main hubs located in El Salvador, Lima and
Bogota.
Respectfully,

kordcj

Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:49 am

jcwr56 wrote:
Here's a cut and paste of the notification sent out locally to the airport community. You can believe it or not..

Chicago, March 1°, 2019.

Dear Stakeholders:
During the past presentation of our 2018 Financial Results to investors and media outlets,
Avianca Holdings announced the most robust corporate transformation plan of the last
decade. The company's new strategy seeks to migrate from a growth model to one focused
on profitability and operational efficiency. The plan includes four work fronts: improve the
operational indicators; optimize the operational profitability, adjust fleet plans; and sell noncore assets.
This transformation plan is necessary to guarantee the sustainability of Avianca holdings in
the long term. With the implementation of this ambitious scheme, we will strengthen our
During this process, the optimization of our network operations is necessary to manage
After a detailed analysis of Avianca’s operational resources, taking in consideration the
profitability of some routes, our growth projection and projected sales, we have made the
decision to suspend our flights to and from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport which connect with
Bogota, Colombia and, Guatemala City, Guatemala. These suspensions will take place in the
In North America, we will continue to operate the rest of the flights from and to our other
13 destinations, connecting travelers with our network in Central America, South America,
the Caribbean and Europe through our three main hubs located in El Salvador, Lima and
Bogota.
Respectfully,

I wonder if the flights weren’t making money or could the planes make more money used elsewhere. Amazing at how long TACA/LACSA served ORD prior to their merger with Avianca. Is this why COPA is increasing PTY to 3x daily this coming summer?
The most obvious proof for intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't tried to contact us.

Planeboy17

Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:15 am

jcwr56 wrote:

Chicago, March 1°, 2019.

Dear Stakeholders:
Bogota.
Respectfully,

Planeboy17

Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:19 am

jcwr56 wrote:

Chicago, March 1°, 2019.

Dear Stakeholders:
Bogota.
Respectfully,

Thanks for the information!
Wow! Did they even fly BOG for a year?
Didn’t they fly up to 3 flights a day some days of the week? And now they’re completely leaving?
And is it just me or is it strange that no other US stations are being dropped?
First Air Italy now this news. Ugh.

Planeboy17

Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:20 am

kordcj wrote:
jcwr56 wrote:

Chicago, March 1°, 2019.

Dear Stakeholders:
Bogota.
Respectfully,

I wonder if the flights weren’t making money or could the planes make more money used elsewhere. Amazing at how long TACA/LACSA served ORD prior to their merger with Avianca. Is this why COPA is increasing PTY to 3x daily this coming summer?

COPA flew 3 a day last summer as well.

United787

Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:17 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
Didn’t they fly up to 3 flights a day some days of the week? And now they’re completely leaving?

They started 11/17/2018. 6 months ish.

It seems that this has more to do with Avianca's problems than it does ORD. Maybe UA will pick up this route?

First Italy was also more to do with their own problems than it was ORD.

Planeboy17

Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:22 pm

United787 wrote:
Planeboy17 wrote:

It seems that this has more to do with Avianca's problems than it does ORD. Maybe UA will pick up this route?

True, but both airlines decided to drop only one US city and they both chose ORD.
At least there will be some more open space for T5 this summer.

ORDfan

Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:04 am

Little bummed about AV but not heartbroken. Air Italy: meh, total indifference.

I've flown to CTG a few times and am due for a trip this summer, was hoping to try it via BOG. But honestly, it's a really easy layover at PTY (only an hour) and there's tons of connections. AA has gotten back on my good side and they've got what looks like plentiful 1 hour connections in MIA, so I might give them a shot this time around.

Hopefully they come back. I assumed there would've been good demand and feeds with UA, maybe they can pick up the slack, if any.

ORDfan

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:11 am

Planeboy17 wrote:
United787 wrote:
Planeboy17 wrote:

True, but both airlines decided to drop only one US city and they both chose ORD.
At least there will be some more open space for T5 this summer.

Was just getting caught up on Avianca, and the Avianca Brasil bankruptcy. There's an interesting article in Flight Global about how Air Lease had been avoiding Avianca Brazil, and is weary about Avianca proper as well, with only 1 bird on lease to them, which will expire at th end of this year and not be renewed.

So I'm thinking something is going on at AV that is not going well....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... dv-456400/

yeogeo

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
{with AV/Air Italy cancellation}At least there will be some more open space for T5 this summer.

Perhaps explains why Norweigian was able to schedule BCN.

Surprised about GUA. Seems to me a well-established route. Someone here could probably fill in the year it first began.

...As for BOG, what happened to letting a flight develop? Strange. Cutting after only 6 months seems like poor planning, if it was truly a dog. Either that or something's amiss at Avianca, as United787 said.

jcwr56

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:51 pm

Everyone, including SY, IG, AV all had gate availability. So while it does free some space up, there’s always someone looking to back fill openings.

yeogeo

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:31 pm

CDA email of a couple of days ago:

yeogeo

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:34 pm

...also from the CDA:

yeogeo

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:39 pm

A rare sight at O'Hare these days: AA71 (FRA-DFW), a 772, has just landed for what I presume is a medical diversion.

yeogeo

Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:41 pm

Another email today from the Chicago Dept. of Transportation: it seems wheels are turning on the 9R/27L extension:

United787

Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:35 am

Didn't 14R/32L close in 2018?

yeogeo

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:25 pm

United787 wrote:
Didn't 14R/32L close in 2018?

Yes it did.
That diagram is several years old; I included it for illustration - it was not sent with the CDA email.

Planeboy17

Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:03 pm

yeogeo wrote:
...also from the CDA:

Thanks for posting that Yeo! After reading that it makes me feel a little better about the Air Italy/ Avianca news.
Still really surprised about AV completely pulling out though. Just seems strange to chop all flights.
I forgot about MUC almost being 2x daily on LH. I think they were only 11 weekly last year? That’s almost 3 daily on that route now.
I also forgot about Icelandair being 2x a day. Of course that’s essentially backfilling the loss of WOW but I’ll take any gains at this point.
Also, does anyone know if AA is running GUA again this summer? I haven’t looked.
Oh, and I saw Viva Aerobus last Sunday take it off on 22L. I checked FR24 and it showed PVR. I’m assuming this must be a charter for FunJets or Apple?

United787

Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:37 pm

United renewed it's lease at the Sears Tower (aka Willis to some) for another 14 years.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business ... story.html

They were considering some of the new mega-development sites but decided to stay. I immediately thought that their current location is probably more desirable because of it's proximity to the major Metra train stations and thinking they probably have a large amount of suburban employees. That thought was confirmed after reading the article: "Willis Tower’s proximity to public transportation was a key factor in remaining, because 65 percent of the company’s Chicago employees live in the suburbs, Molloy said."

FTMCPIUS

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:14 pm

WN 2135 JAX-DEN Max 8 just diverted to MDY

https://www.flightradar24.com/SWA2135/1fc9f18b

chidino

Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:10 am

WGN news had a story last night about the South Suburban Airport and how the state's into it to the tune of $97 million.

https://wgntv.com/2019/03/13/few-projects-have-cost-more-and-produced-less-than-chicagos-phantom-third-airport/

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

muralir

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:49 am

Apparently O'hare now has a direct cargo flight to SYD:
https://www.aircargoweek.com/db-schenke ... y-flights/

I'm curious, is this a nonstop, or a "direct" with a fuel stop? Since it's freight, I'm guessing it's the latter, but the timing is pretty tight to include a fuel stop. And also, if it's a fuel stop, why wouldn't they just make it a regular stop to pickup/dropoff more cargo?

At any rate, this definitely speaks to the cargo demand for a direct ORD-SYD flight, which makes the economics for a passenger service even more compelling. Fingers crossed... :-)

muralir

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:54 am

yeogeo wrote:
...also from the CDA:

I know that new international routes get all the attention, but I'm glad that both American and United are filling out their small-bore regional schedules as well. It's those tiny 50-70 seat runs from small towns that provide the connecting passengers for the sexy new flights to far off places.

American in particular seems like they were legitimately gate-constrained, as now that the stinger gates have opened, they've been adding a lot of regional service. Ultimately, that infill of their regional flights will hopefully give them the passenger numbers to launch new international routes.

Planeboy17

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:50 am

muralir wrote:
Apparently O'hare now has a direct cargo flight to SYD:
https://www.aircargoweek.com/db-schenke ... y-flights/

I'm curious, is this a nonstop, or a "direct" with a fuel stop? Since it's freight, I'm guessing it's the latter, but the timing is pretty tight to include a fuel stop. And also, if it's a fuel stop, why wouldn't they just make it a regular stop to pickup/dropoff more cargo?

At any rate, this definitely speaks to the cargo demand for a direct ORD-SYD flight, which makes the economics for a passenger service even more compelling. Fingers crossed... :-)

Nice find.
Your right, there are some odd things about this article. Besides the direct, nonstop question, I’m confused how they don’t mention who the carrier is. They state DB Schenker but I believe that’s the freight forwarder? It’s certainly not the air carrier. Also, I’m pretty sure there is not a 777-300F yet.
Just seems like a lot of missing info there.
P.S. there is already a cargo service to SYD from ORD now operated by Atlas on behalf of Qantas via HNL.

ORDfan

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:49 pm

Well, it's official...after much speculation and debate over the years.: El Al is coming back to Chicago, starting next year.

Add TLV to the list above. Wish them much luck and success!

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business ... story.html

gabik001

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:26 pm

LATAM Cargo doing service twice week from MIA or SCL as LCO1100 inbound. Usually in Wed and Sun. Also UP did fly to ORD last Wednesday (as BHS923) and landed on 22L (we had a crosswind landings due to thunderstorm) following by QTR8111 (nice to see that kind of heavy landing in the rain on 22L).
Viva Aerobus came back and flying late Saturday to ORD and getting back Sunday morning.
Canon 50D gripped + Canon 70D + 17-40 L + 24-105 L IS + 50 f/1.8 STM + 100-400L IS USM + Sigma 150-600 S

yeogeo

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:37 pm

gabik001 wrote:
LATAM Cargo doing service twice week from MIA or SCL as LCO1100 inbound. Usually in Wed and Sun.

From your experience what time do these flights fly in an out of O'Hare?

yeogeo

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:40 pm

Crongrats to Matt K: first NZ a/c caught at O'Hare in regular service. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nomorerjs

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:14 am

Even with the Air Italy, AV and WW setbacks, ORD keeps moving forward!

FI going daily double offsets WW, AA adding seasonal to ATH and upgauging 3 LHR to 789 (1 is seasonal), Y4 to QRO, and TP starting in June. ET going to 5x weekly.

Looking forward to 2020, LY is now confirmed! It’s just a matter of time before HND is expanded (JL likely and UA probably).

Until new gates come online, it will be difficult at peak times to add flights.

Future:
QF: If JV approved, given per Joyce.
SQ: SIN nonstop or via Asia?
KBP: VFR (low yielding)
LIM: Possibly
MAN: UA?
MXP: On hold?
OSL: DY, SK, or UA?
PRG: AA seasonal
ZAG: Seasonal
Canada / Mexico: Back to regional markets?

Possibly more Caribbean seasonal markets?

AA to HNL more often?

gabik001

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:26 am

yeogeo wrote:
gabik001 wrote:
LATAM Cargo doing service twice week from MIA or SCL as LCO1100 inbound. Usually in Wed and Sun.

LCO1100 Sometime between 7am and 9 am
LAE2831/2871 (departure as LATAM Cargo Colombia) sometime after 9am but usually between 11am and 1pm. Departure is tricky because it varies.
I got alert set on FR24 for inbound flight once the flight # is always the same. So after arrival I am setting the alert for the a/c reg and it notify me when it show up on FR24 @ ORD. I got 10 min from my home drive to ORD so plenty of time to be on the spot but outbound flight departs empty then I have to draw usually between 28R and 22L (so far never departed eastbound). Better to catch it on arrival.
Canon 50D gripped + Canon 70D + 17-40 L + 24-105 L IS + 50 f/1.8 STM + 100-400L IS USM + Sigma 150-600 S

yeogeo

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:29 am

gabik001 wrote:
yeogeo wrote:
gabik001 wrote:

LAE2831/2871 (departure as LATAM Cargo Colombia) sometime after 9am but usually between 11am and 1pm. Departure is tricky because it varies.
I got alert set on FR24 for inbound flight once the flight # is always the same. So after arrival I am setting the alert for the a/c reg and it notify me when it show up on FR24 @ ORD. I got 10 min from my home drive to ORD so plenty of time to be on the spot but outbound flight departs empty then I have to draw usually between 28R and 22L (so far never departed eastbound). Better to catch it on arrival.

Ahh! OK! I'll keep an eye out for it.
Good luck in trying to get a shot of the flight!

ual763

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:48 am

nomorerjs wrote:

Future:

AA to HNL more often?

Man, I really hope we at ORD get an OSL flight. Would prefer United, but would be happy with any of them. I remember a while back reading something to the effect of Chicago has more ethnic Norwegians than any other city outside of Oslo itself. Minnesota and Wisconsin as states have more, including myself, however, these are easy connections to ORD. ORD has all of the business O&D traffic and has more tourism demand for the Norwegian market than does MSP. I’ve always thought it’d be a great route for United. Would be great on a B763. And wow! What a wonderful layover it would be. (The only downside would be the price of buying a beer for the FO.)
From flying to the NOTAM office

yeogeo

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:55 am

nomorerjs wrote:

FI going daily double offsets WW, AA adding seasonal to ATH and upgauging 3 LHR to 789 (1 is seasonal), Y4 to QRO, and TP starting in June. ET going to 5x weekly.
Looking forward to 2020, LY is now confirmed! It’s just a matter of time before HND is expanded (JL likely and UA probably).Until new gates come online, it will be difficult at peak times to add flights.

Future:
AA to HNL more often?

KBP - Your'e talking Kiev, Ukraine? Remind me: have we heard of someone floating the idea of starting this route?

LIM - a few weeks ago I would have thought "Lima, why not?" , but now after the Avianca meltdown, it seems unlikely to me.

I would add a few perhaps even more unlikely cities to the mix: Manila, Moscow, any number of Chinese cities with any number of Chinese carriers,
Seoul on United? (SFO-ICN is going double daily on some days).

timberwolf24

Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:04 am

yeogeo wrote:
nomorerjs wrote:

Looking forward to 2020, LY is now confirmed! It’s just a matter of time before HND is expanded (JL likely and UA probably).Until new gates come online, it will be difficult at peak times to add flights.

Future:
AA to HNL more often?

KBP - Your'e talking Kiev, Ukraine? Remind me: have we heard of someone floating the idea of starting this route?

LIM - a few weeks ago I would have thought "Lima, why not?" , but now after the Avianca meltdown, it seems unlikely to me.

I would add a few perhaps even more unlikely cities to the mix: Manila, Moscow, any number of Chinese cities with any number of Chinese carriers,
Seoul on United? (SFO-ICN is going double daily on some days).

Ukraine international has stated they are looking to add ORD in the near future.

I would also add PR to MNL and JU to BEG to the list.
Living in LA, ORD/MDW will always be home!

gabik001

Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:21 am

yeogeo wrote:
gabik001 wrote:
yeogeo wrote:

Ahh! OK! I'll keep an eye out for it.
Good luck in trying to get a shot of the flight!
I already have it twice. Trying to catch old c/s.

AmricanShamrok

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:02 pm

nomorerjs wrote:

Looking forward to 2020, LY is now confirmed! It’s just a matter of time before HND is expanded (JL likely and UA probably).

Until new gates come online, it will be difficult at peak times to add flights.

Future:

AA to HNL more often?

I'm hoping EI will restore the seasonal SNN-ORD route when they get their A321LRs :pray:

jcwr56

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:11 pm

Today's the formal ground breaking ceremony for the expansion of T5 and by default TAP. If anyone of the spotters are driving along Mannheim today, you'll see the white circus tents set up. Event should take place between 10:45 and 12:00.

Monday was the official start to site civil work.

yeogeo

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:22 pm

jcwr56 wrote:
Today's the formal ground breaking ceremony for the expansion of T5 and by default TAP. If anyone of the spotters are driving along Mannheim today, you'll see the white circus tents set up. Event should take place between 10:45 and 12:00.

Monday was the official start to site civil work.

Great news!
Any predictions as to the completion date? I assume eventually the M-19,20,21 gates will be inoperative; wondering how this will effect the summer T-5 schedule...
:arrow: People taxiing by: have your cameras ready - want regular updates!

gabik001 wrote:
LAE2831/2871 (departure as LATAM Cargo Colombia) sometime after 9am but usually between 11am and 1pm. Departure is tricky because it varies..I already have [photographed] it twice. Trying to catch old c/s.

These are 767-300's, correct? Do you submit these to A-net? I'd like to see them!

yeogeo

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:54 pm

jcwr56 wrote:
Today's the formal ground breaking ceremony for the expansion of T5...

A little news on this is now beginning to come out:
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/c ... 98821.html
"Aiming to complete the upgrade by 2021, this phase of the massive, multibillion-dollar plan to expand the entire airport will add 10 new gates at Terminal 5.
It will increase the space of the 25-year-old terminal by about 350,000 square feet, city officials said in a statement, allowing for new passenger amenities, airline lounges, concession spaces and more."

yeogeo

Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:00 pm

jcwr56 wrote:
Today's the formal ground breaking ceremony for the expansion of T5 and by default TAP.

Just to clear up any potential misunderstanding, here jcwr is referring to the "Terminal Area Plan", not the Portuguese airline (Transportes Aéreos Portugueses) :mrgreen:

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos