yeogeo

Re: Chicago Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:12 pm

OneX123 wrote:
should we be expecting any significant delays due to taxi time increases from construction?

I was on AA891 last night (PHX-ORD). We landed on the far north runway, coming from the west, which is no short taxi under normal circumstances but last night took over 30 minutes of taxi back to the gate. It wasn't too big an issue as we arrived early but it was almost comedic the route we had to take.

A 9L landing and taxi to terminal which you experienced last night is the arrival most affected by the ongoing construction of 9C/27C, but even when the tarmac on the ground matches the master plan, it’ll be a long taxi, much like a 10R arrival.

Landing in the opposite direction from your landing last night (27R) is not as convoluted due to taxiways Z and SS which avoid the construction.

I’m guessing you did M1>M>M2, through the Scenic Hold Pad>E1>E>T1>SS>K>B and on to T#3, or some slight variation of that.

https://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/1911/0016 ... ddest=(ORD)

airstatdfw

Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:04 am

yeogeo wrote:
OneX123 wrote:
should we be expecting any significant delays due to taxi time increases from construction?

I was on AA891 last night (PHX-ORD). We landed on the far north runway, coming from the west, which is no short taxi under normal circumstances but last night took over 30 minutes of taxi back to the gate. It wasn't too big an issue as we arrived early but it was almost comedic the route we had to take.

A 9L landing and taxi to terminal which you experienced last night is the arrival most affected by the ongoing construction of 9C/27C, but even when the tarmac on the ground matches the master plan, it’ll be a long taxi, much like a 10R arrival.

Landing in the opposite direction from your landing last night (27R) is not as convoluted due to taxiways Z and SS which avoid the construction.

I’m guessing you did M1>M>M2, through the Scenic Hold Pad>E1>E>T1>SS>K>B and on to T#3, or some slight variation of that.

https://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/1911/0016 ... ddest=(ORD)

After E it would have been T, A7, A, G, G2, A or T, A7 or A9, B. But otherwise that is the route from 9L, the 10R taxi going to the American or Intl gates is the longest taxi.

Planeboy17

Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:10 pm

yeogeo wrote:
Tarom, the Romanian carrier based in Bucharest (OTP) is apparently applying to serve ORD & JFK next year.

http://aeronews.ro/in-summer-2020-tarom ... and-china/
https://www.facebook.com/Aeronews.ro/po ... 0054645413

According to the the facebook post above they plan on using leased A330 for a four days a week service.
The timing seems to involve a OTP-JFK-ORD-OTP routing, although the press release is unclear.

If it happens, won't be their first visit
from 1995 schedules :" Chicago O’Hare – Shannon – Bucharest Tarom: 2 weekly A310"
(see post 755, p16)

As first reported here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1432327
(starting at post 32)

Livery seems familiar... :confused:

Oh yeah :idea:

Thanks for posting this Yeo. I was going to post it but was too busy.
I remember them flying into ORD before, even have a pic of the 310!
Not getting my hopes up too much though.
We’ve heard about Ukraine and Air Serbia both publicly mention their plans of adding ORD and still waiting for that to happen so I would guess even if this happens, it will be a while.

yeogeo

Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:35 pm

LAX, I think its safe to say, is not having a great year in passenger numbers:
https://labusinessjournal.com/news/2019 ... ttens-out/

An opening for ORD to reclaim #2 spot in US pax #'s?
I don't know, just asking! :duck:

yeogeo

Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:39 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
We’ve heard about Ukraine and Air Serbia both publicly mention their plans of adding ORD and still waiting for that to happen so I would guess even if this happens, it will be a while.

Yeah, and the triangular routing seem a little suspect.

airstatdfw wrote:
After E it would have been T, A7, A, G, G2, A or T, A7 or A9, B. But otherwise that is the route from 9L

Of course, I should have known: a clockwise direction to T3.

maxkd

Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:57 pm

yeogeo wrote:
LAX, I think its safe to say, is not having a great year in passenger numbers:
https://labusinessjournal.com/news/2019 ... ttens-out/

An opening for ORD to reclaim #2 spot in US pax #'s?
I don't know, just asking! :duck:

Definitely wouldn't be surprised if ORD overtook LAX in the next couple years. Of course the factors the article mentioned play a big part in LAX's recent lack of growth, however, alternate airports in the LA region play a big part as well. SNA, LGB, ONT, and BUR have all experienced extensive growth that could otherwise be served at LAX. Not that the Chicago area could necessarily support a third airport, but it would be interesting to see how it would impact traffic numbers at ORD/MDW.

jcwr56

Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
yeogeo wrote:
Tarom, the Romanian carrier based in Bucharest (OTP) is apparently applying to serve ORD & JFK next year.

According to the the facebook post above they plan on using leased A330 for a four days a week service.
The timing seems to involve a OTP-JFK-ORD-OTP routing, although the press release is unclear.

If it happens, won't be their first visit
from 1995 schedules :" Chicago O’Hare – Shannon – Bucharest Tarom: 2 weekly A310"
(see post 755, p16)

As first reported here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1432327
(starting at post 32)

Livery seems familiar... :confused:

Oh yeah :idea:

Thanks for posting this Yeo. I was going to post it but was too busy.
I remember them flying into ORD before, even have a pic of the 310!

Don't hold your breath...I'm not aware of anything for next summer with these guys.

Also, our favorite stow away is at it again. :D

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/bre ... story.html

yeogeo

Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:24 pm

jcwr56 wrote:
our favorite stow away is at it again. :D

Man, you've got to hand her this: she's persistent.

Marilyn, if you're reading this, a little advice: next time try Midway; less folks might know you down there.
You won't get to London but I hear Nashville is nice in the fall!

ORDfan

Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:34 am

I saw one of the Wamos big birds last week: I think it was Thursday or Friday night on short final, and then I saw her parked at T5 Saturday morning.

Anybody know what she was doing in town?

ordpia

Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:44 am

ORDfan wrote:
I saw one of the Wamos big birds last week: I think it was Thursday or Friday night on short final, and then I saw her parked at T5 Saturday morning.

Norwegian often uses Wamos charters to cover their routes as they are still suffering a shortage due to the 787 RR engine issues. Looks like EC-KSM operated the Madrid route on Saturday.
Concorde 146 727 737 73G 742 744 752 753 762 763 772 773 300 319 320 321 343 346 CRJ ERJ ATR ATP CL604 LJ45 LJ60 BD700 GIV GV G650

yeogeo

Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:48 am

ORDfan wrote:

Norwegian sent EC-KSM from BCN to O'Hare on Friday, returned to BCN on Saturday.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ec-ksm

Nice catch!

yeogeo

Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:41 pm

After actually reading the article about her, I confess I feel a bit like an a-hole for making light of the "serial stowaway".

Apparently, she's homeless and clearly needs help.

Also had no idea that she has been doing this for a such long time:
"The first incident happened Feb. 15, 2014, at San Francisco International Airport, and she has done it at least 20 times since at airports in Los Angeles, Chicago, Arizona and Minnesota."

Seems to me there's more to the story than what we've read because she's not homeless in the usual sense - has some resources to be able to move about the country like she has. Hopefully she has family.

There's a story in here somewhere - somebody should write a book.

yeogeo

Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:35 pm

United publishes its CRJ550 routes up into February - all 28 of them. ORD is the origin of 24.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-20191014

yeogeo

Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:41 pm

American introduces a single daily ORD-PHL 787 service in 1Q 2020.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-20191014

Only the second domestic 787 route after DFW, correct?

gabik001

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:24 pm

ORDfan wrote:

EC-KXN visited ORD in May last year. That was before DI start to use Wamos as support. She was parked about a week on new west deicing pad so clearly visible from the Hill.
Also everyone who was on the tour last saturday had an opportunity to catch B-3999 B737 Beijing Airlines parked at Signature Flight Support. Departed yesterday around noon.
Lufthansa brought A343 in Star Alliance livery yesterday and today as well. Today's ETA is 7.25pm so pretty dark. Looks like today's DI7151 is in Garuda c/s. Or not if they repainted aircraft (EC-MJS) back to Wamos livery...
Canon 50D gripped + Canon 70D + 17-40 L + 24-105 L IS + 50 f/1.8 STM + 100-400L IS USM + Sigma 150-600 S

yeogeo

Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:06 pm

gabik001 wrote:
everyone who was on the tour last saturday had an opportunity to catch B-3999 B737 Beijing Airlines parked at Signature Flight Support. Departed yesterday around noon.

You're talking Beijing Capitol Airlines BBJ 737 I suspect? In town for Hainan business I suppose.
Wonder if its this one?

Caption says:
"A "greenie" BBJ arriving nonstop from BFI to have its auxillary fuel system installed at DeCrane. Beijing Capital is formerly Deer Jet."

Couldn't find any other photos of her. You'll have to submit your shots of her to A-net, Gabriel. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gabik001

Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:33 pm

Actualy ex N448BJ. But to ORD was flying with few stops for refuelling. It was this one

But most exciting view was close view of N345AN and walk under melted wing... Also got some close shots of "Felicia" with new tail logo (former FX B72F).
Canon 50D gripped + Canon 70D + 17-40 L + 24-105 L IS + 50 f/1.8 STM + 100-400L IS USM + Sigma 150-600 S

yeogeo

!

Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:10 am

gabik001 wrote:
... Also got some close shots of "Felicia" with new tail logo (former FX B72F).

Felicia. Great! More ORD trivia. 8-)

yeogeo

Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:50 pm

ORD in late August of this year just added to the database.

We've seen more recent views lately, but what I like about this shot is that Mr. Ojog managed to include every inch of taxiway and all 8 runways (yes, I'm including 9C/27C) AND a view of the Loop for good measure.
For an aircraft window shot, quite a trick.

CleSyrRoc

Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:05 am

I agree, great shot. The lack of activity on the 9R/27L extension area in this shot relative to other more recent shots we have seen also would seem to confirm that the work is actually to extend that runway and unrelated to the work on 9C/27C.

wn676

Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:14 am

I flew in last night and got the full north airfield tour after landing 27R. We taxied over the end of 4L and it looks like there’s some grading work being done in that area. Anyone know what that’s for? I know at some point the localizer is going to be relocated, and taxiways A/B will be realigned, but thought the schedule for those was further out.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

yeogeo

Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:31 am

CleSyrRoc wrote:
The lack of activity on the 9R/27L extension area in this shot relative to other more recent shots we have seen also would seem to confirm that the work is actually to extend that runway and unrelated to the work on 9C/27C.

Good point; totally agree.

wn676 wrote:
I flew in last night and got the full north airfield tour after landing 27R. We taxied over the end of 4L and it looks like there’s some grading work being done in that area. Anyone know what that’s for?...

Check out photo on page 18, post 895: 9C/27C consturuction.

wn676

Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:15 am

yeogeo wrote:
CleSyrRoc wrote:
The lack of activity on the 9R/27L extension area in this shot relative to other more recent shots we have seen also would seem to confirm that the work is actually to extend that runway and unrelated to the work on 9C/27C.

Good point; totally agree.

wn676 wrote:
I flew in last night and got the full north airfield tour after landing 27R. We taxied over the end of 4L and it looks like there’s some grading work being done in that area. Anyone know what that’s for?...

Check out photo on page 18, post 895: 9C/27C consturuction.

This was between the penalty box and the 4L threshold.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

yeogeo

Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:55 pm

wn676 wrote:
I flew in last night and got the full north airfield tour after landing 27R. We taxied over the end of 4L and it looks like there’s some grading work being done in that area...between the penalty box and the 4L threshold.

I see what you're referring to in this Paschen photo: the area of at the very south end of 4L/22R stretching in a line west towards taxiway SS & the de-icing pads.

I have no idea what they're doing there - seems like trenching. Maybe someone here can shed some light. Many construction sites on the field these days.

trueblew

Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:53 pm

piedmontf284000 wrote:
The Blue Line is hands down one of the most disgusting train lines I have ever been on, even worse then any train in NYC, and that's saying something. In the past month, I have ridden it more then a dozen times and EVERY single time, whether it be early in the morning, middle of afternoon, or late at night, the train is FILLED with individuals who not only are sleeping, but sprawled out on not one set of seats, but two sets, with their legs up, shoes off, filthy blanket covering them and snoring louder then the train itself. Not just one or two mind you, but a half dozen or more and in almost every train car. One women literally had her shopping cart, yes her shopping cart, full of everything she owns next to her on the train blocking the entire aisle. Another was openly smoking weed. Another openly drinking a full bottle of whiskey while picking his disgusting bare feet. One smelled so bad that people were getting off at every stop and trying to get onto the adjoined cars. I could spend another 30 paragraphs telling you about stories like this of passengers on the Blue Line.

The worst part is that there is ZERO enforcement. Not one cop to be found. CTA employees who say NOTHING and then allow these same passengers to get off the arriving train into O-Hare and right back on the next departing train. With winter coming, it is going to get worse, if that is is even possible. The mass transit system in this city is an absolute embarrassment. The fact that this is the first impression of Chicago by many visitors is down right depressing. Some don't even make it to the train before they get their first bad experience with the CTA. I have seen people, who are from other parts of the country/world yelled at by CTA station agents at O'Hare for literally not understanding how to buy a ride or utilize the kiosks. I love Chicago. I love using mass transit, but the CTA is like nothing I have ever seen in any other city. I have been to more than 100 cities in Europe, Asia, North America and used their mass transit and never seen anything as poorly managed or disgusting as the CTA.

This is exactly the point I was trying to make, which others here completely disregarded or downplayed. Thank you for articulating this better than I did. These have been my experiences nearly EVERY time I ride the Blue Line to/from ORD. Why the city, CTA or Chicago tourism officials haven't addressed this is truly criminal.

https://wgntv.com/2019/10/15/it-matters ... ine-train/

ORDfan

Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:44 am

yeogeo wrote:
Norwegian sent EC-KSM from BCN to O'Hare on Friday, returned to BCN on Saturday.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ec-ksm

Nice catch!

Cool, thanks for clarifying and helping me put that to bed!

gabik001 wrote:
EC-KXN visited ORD in May last year. That was before DI start to use Wamos as support. She was parked about a week on new west deicing pad so clearly visible from the Hill.
Also everyone who was on the tour last saturday had an opportunity to catch B-3999 B737 Beijing Airlines parked at Signature Flight Support. Departed yesterday around noon.
Lufthansa brought A343 in Star Alliance livery yesterday and today as well. Today's ETA is 7.25pm so pretty dark. Looks like today's DI7151 is in Garuda c/s. Or not if they repainted aircraft (EC-MJS) back to Wamos livery...

I saw that LH A343 as well! I thought I was going crazy went I saw that one too, since it was also dark. She just so happened to pass over my while I was driving on 294...wish I stationary or stopped to fully appreciate the sight - rare indeed these days.

ORDfan

Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:00 am

yeogeo wrote:
ORD in late August of this year just added to the database.

We've seen more recent views lately, but what I like about this shot is that Mr. Ojog managed to include every inch of taxiway and all 8 runways (yes, I'm including 9C/27C) AND a view of the Loop for good measure.
For an aircraft window shot, quite a trick.

Thanks for pointing that one out, and big thanks to Lucian for the pic and the share. I always think those airfield shots are a treat. This one is parricularly great! Perfect capture of the west side of the airfield AND the skyline in the background too!! Ah and that rich green August grass.... :D :bigthumbsup:

It's amazing how much the skyline has changed with all those new Supertalls, and more on the way. If anyone has the ability, I'd love to see some updated airside tarmac shots too please.

Btw, July air traffic data posted. Safe to say the positive trend continues with +2.5% ytd pax growth (+4.3 intl pax).

https://www.flychicago.com/SiteCollecti ... UMMARY.pdf

gabik001

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:56 am

Some of you might read in LOT thread about this, LOT leased from Euroatlantic B763 (CS-TKR) with 2-4-2 seat configuration. Today operating as LOT3 to ORD.

yeogeo

Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:05 am

gabik001 wrote:
Some of you might read in LOT thread about this, LOT leased from Euroatlantic B763 (CS-TKR) with 2-4-2 seat configuration. Today operating as LOT3 to ORD.

Here she is

gabik001

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:17 pm

yeogeo wrote:
gabik001 wrote:

Here she is

Can't wait when she will visit ORD as LOT1 :)

FromGSPtoChi

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:55 pm

More delay.

Sorry, holiday travelers: Reopening of O’Hare ‘people mover’ delayed again, to early 2020

https://www.chicagotribune.com/investig ... story.html

ordpia

Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:23 am

Was down on the lake today and around 4:30 3 f-18s flew down the lakefront heading north. They were well under all the O’Hare approaches and even below the GA traffic, anyone know if there was some sort of special training going on or just a good scenic flight around the area ?
Concorde 146 727 737 73G 742 744 752 753 762 763 772 773 300 319 320 321 343 346 CRJ ERJ ATR ATP CL604 LJ45 LJ60 BD700 GIV GV G650

BNAMealer

Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:44 am

FromGSPtoChi wrote:
More delay.

Sorry, holiday travelers: Reopening of O’Hare ‘people mover’ delayed again, to early 2020

What on earth is going on here?

TomInChicago

Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:42 pm

ordpia wrote:
Was down on the lake today and around 4:30 3 f-18s flew down the lakefront heading north. They were well under all the O’Hare approaches and even below the GA traffic, anyone know if there was some sort of special training going on or just a good scenic flight around the area ?

Bears game flyover? I remember hearing the jets around 3:30pm. . .

. . .

Tom in Chicago

ordpia

Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:18 am

TomInChicago wrote:
ordpia wrote:

Bears game flyover? I remember hearing the jets around 3:30pm. . .

. . .

Tom in Chicago

It was Saturday afternoon although I suppose could have been a practice flight. Good call

yeogeo

Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:10 pm

gabik001 wrote:
Got both LAN Cargo and Latam Cargo. Did not get DHL B77F yet...

Bill Wang got the DHL triple seven with the Bryan Adams sticker at O'Hare about one week ago:

Pretty impressive beast; a real head-turner!

yeogeo

Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:26 pm

yeogeo wrote:

Well, that was quick; the (pipe) dream of TAROM flying to JFK and ORD has taken a hit:
" ...the Romanian Transportation Ministry sacked the TAROM CEO, Madalina Mezei, for incompetence."
Ms Mezei was the one who proposed leasing A-330's for the North-American routes.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1433503

yeogeo

Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:59 pm

BNAMealer wrote:
FromGSPtoChi wrote:
More delay.

This article has a bit more detail than the Trib article:
https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... again.html

"The precise problem still being dealt with involves a mechanism that directs the electrical current needed for rails cars to operate. Crews are said to be working to retrofit the “collector shoe” on each new rail car."

The author, Mr. Lazare, also raises the issue than many of us have in the back of our minds:

"The prolonged issues with the O'Hare people mover upgrade raises the much larger question of how the bigger, $8.5 billion O’Hare Airport modernization project dubbed “ORD 21” will fare... On paper the ORD 21 project is supposed to span about 10 years, but the people mover nightmare certainly begs the question of whether the larger revamp of O’Hare can be completed on time and on budget."

Lessons learned or more of the same to come? I'm hoping the former. :crossfingers:

tendy04

Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:36 pm

@ airstatdfw
Question about west flow taxi-routes specifically as it pertains to post-full-buildout. Is the plan for the 9-27C taxi going to be similar to 10-28C, i.e. exit on the forward highspeeds, back to the east on E, and then TT/G3/B into the terminal flow, and then depart 27L from G2 and allow the landing traffic to cross behind? From eyeballing it looks like departing G2 would have roughly same TODA as N5. Only issue I'd see with that would be getting into terminal flow, wouldn't you want the B traffic going clockwise and the A going counter for the outbounds, allowing A/G2, A/A15/N/N5 or A/A15/N for 28R F/L and 22L?

gabik001

Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:57 am

yeogeo wrote:
gabik001 wrote:
Got both LAN Cargo and Latam Cargo. Did not get DHL B77F yet...

Bill Wang got the DHL triple seven with the Bryan Adams sticker at O'Hare about one week ago:

Pretty impressive beast; a real head-turner!

Yeah, got similar shot. We both were on ORD AW tour. We were at ARFF station #1 when that beast was sneaking from SE cargo and was standing a while at S1 taxiway before RR and T intersection. We missed DHL A33F that was taxi to NE cargo while we were on the west side of airport.

Planeboy17

Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:25 am

Don’t think this was posted but LOT is ending BUD from ORD.
Not shocking but still disappointing.

kordcj

Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:52 am

yeogeo wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:
FromGSPtoChi wrote:
More delay.

This article has a bit more detail than the Trib article:
https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... again.html

"The precise problem still being dealt with involves a mechanism that directs the electrical current needed for rails cars to operate. Crews are said to be working to retrofit the “collector shoe” on each new rail car."

The author, Mr. Lazare, also raises the issue than many of us have in the back of our minds:

"The prolonged issues with the O'Hare people mover upgrade raises the much larger question of how the bigger, $8.5 billion O’Hare Airport modernization project dubbed “ORD 21” will fare... On paper the ORD 21 project is supposed to span about 10 years, but the people mover nightmare certainly begs the question of whether the larger revamp of O’Hare can be completed on time and on budget."

Lessons learned or more of the same to come? I'm hoping the former. :crossfingers:

Other than the people mover, has any part of the OMP been so severely behind schedule? I though a vast majority of the main runway projects came in on time, and under or at budget. Even that terminal facade improvement project in the mid 2000s was ontime wasn’t it? This whole people mover debacle seems to be the the exception and not the rule.
The most obvious proof for intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't tried to contact us.

Flanker7

Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:29 am

Yesterday KLM operated its last 747 out of Chicago. Found this in a KLM thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHktI7UO4oY&t=27s nice video of its departure and a wing wave. I have been flying in and out Chicago for the past 20 years or so on KLM 747, from the 200 to 400 and I will surely miss that.
Flying blue only if possible

airstatdfw

Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:37 am

tendy04 wrote:
@ airstatdfw
Question about west flow taxi-routes specifically as it pertains to post-full-buildout. Is the plan for the 9-27C taxi going to be similar to 10-28C, i.e. exit on the forward highspeeds, back to the east on E, and then TT/G3/B into the terminal flow, and then depart 27L from G2 and allow the landing traffic to cross behind? From eyeballing it looks like departing G2 would have roughly same TODA as N5. Only issue I'd see with that would be getting into terminal flow, wouldn't you want the B traffic going clockwise and the A going counter for the outbounds, allowing A/G2, A/A15/N/N5 or A/A15/N for 28R F/L and 22L?

The routes haven’t been finalized yet. But yes taxi back like 28C cross 27L at PP onto B which would flip A and B for taxi flow. You would depart 27L at G3 and you would use G or A to get there.

gabik001

Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:42 am

Anybody knows that ANA Cargo will bring their B77F tomorrow or Monday?
Should be NH8402 ETA 10:30AM and looks like will be flying 2-4-6. Following website they will stating 10-27-19 so I'm assuming tomorrow will be first flight.

gabik001

Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:06 pm

Heads up Chicago spotters. N508KZ is heading ORD. ETA 11am as GTI4306. I think that is first visit of this bird in a daylight (all previous visits were during the night if I correctly remember). This is a Atlas' Flexport livery. And no NH Cargo scheduled yet...

gabik001

Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:12 pm

Can't edit previous post.
P4-MLO (Comlux Aruba) visited us today. Departed around 1pm. N322SG is still on the ground, ETD about 5:10pm and also we got few military a/c's (one C-17 landed on 27R same time when Atlas Flexport arrived) because of tomorrow's Air Force One arrival (about 9am) so a lot is happening.

BNAMealer

Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:17 pm

I was in C yesterday and was thinking, will UA convert the existing B/C concourses to primarily RJ gates while moving the majority of the mainline ops to the new Satellites when built?

It just dawned on me how small the hold rooms are in the existing B/C. They’d probably be more suitable for RJ ops.

MLIAA

Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:31 am

Can someone explain how the airport operated before the reconfigurations started? I know now in a west flow it’s 22L and 28R for departures and 28C 27L/R for arrivals, inverse for East flow except switch 22L for 10R.

How did it all work before 27R and 28L/C were built?
A319 A320 A321 A332 B712 B722 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B763 B764 B772 B788 MD80 S340 E140 E145 E170 E175 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9

gabik001

Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:47 pm

MLIAA wrote:
Can someone explain how the airport operated before the reconfigurations started? I know now in a west flow it’s 22L and 28R for departures and 28C 27L/R for arrivals, inverse for East flow except switch 22L for 10R.

How did it all work before 27R and 28L/C were built?

28R 13 years ago was shorter and named 27L and it operates together with 22R or 32L for arrivals (depends on winds). Departures were former 27L (same runway as for arrivals) , 22L and sometimes former 27R. In this configuration 32L was aslo often used for departures.
Opposite traffic was 4R / former 9R and 9L for arrivals and 4L / 9R for departures. There was also 14L / 14R pattern for arrivals and 14L/ 22L for departures.
Never saw departing a/c from 22R and 4R as well. Got plenty of pictures of departing a/c from 14R and when arrivals were former 27L / 32L pattern. Never saw simultaneous arrivals to 32L / 32R.
What I remeber they ranamed E/W runways in 2007 then 27L became 28 till when it was extended and todays runway 27R was open they renamed it again as 28R what we got today.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos