AECM

Re: Chicago Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:27 am

Today inaugural TAP flight is schedule to be operated by A339, CS-TUB, the first frame delivered

gabik001

Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:14 pm

AECM wrote:
Today inaugural TAP flight is schedule to be operated by A339, CS-TUB, the first frame delivered

ETA 16:05 but weather does not look good. Anyway I'll be there, it should land on 28C.
Looks like tomorrow flight will be operated by A332
Canon 50D gripped + Canon 70D + 17-40 L + 24-105 L IS + 50 f/1.8 STM + 100-400L IS USM + Sigma 150-600 S

CleSyrRoc

Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:53 pm

muralir wrote:
CleSyrRoc wrote:
Lightfoot awarded the global terminal design contract to Studio ORD yesterday. Good hurdle to get over considering the controversy that surrounded the decision.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/city-hall/ ... t-approved

The real holdup though is they still haven't Announced the architect for the two concourses. Those will be built first, so those decisions need to be made soon.

Interesting point. I wonder why they awarded the global terminal first instead of the two satellite concourses then. What is their motivation there? It makes sense that they would need the two satellites built first for gate capacity while the global terminal is being built.

AAplat4life

Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:17 pm

It seems to me that the global terminal should be designed first, even though not built first, so that the areas for the satellite concourses and how they connect to the terminal are as exact as possible. The designs for the satellites will also need to harmonize with the new terminal. All of which raises the question of why a different architect is being used for the satellites.

ORDfan

Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:24 pm

gabik001 wrote:
AECM wrote:

ETA 16:05 but weather does not look good. Anyway I'll be there, it should land on 28C.

Great stuff! So cool on the A339... am I correct to believe that this is the first A339 to ORD??

Planeboy17

Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:29 pm

AECM wrote:

David Neeleman was on my B6 flight yesterday from JFK. I asked him what was bringing him to Chicago and he told me he was here for the inaugural flight.

ORDfan

Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:38 pm

AAplat4life wrote:
It seems to me that the global terminal should be designed first, even though not built first, so that the areas for the satellite concourses and how they connect to the terminal are as exact as possible. The designs for the satellites will also need to harmonize with the new terminal. All of which raises the question of why a different architect is being used for the satellites.

Ya I have mixed feelings on using a different architect for the satellites now too; at first I thought it'd be cool to add to the architectural diversity, but it seems like it could lead to a possible unsightly mish-mash if not well-coordinated between the houses. I do believe they are a supposed to cooperate, since the Crain's article says they are supposed to "follow a template." I wouldn't mind seeing Calatrava's take though on Gang's "template" lol.

I'm not sure Gang is 100% done with her final design, as was noted here a couple of months ago, there are some issues with all the escalators. Personally, I hope she can get rid of at least one set of elevators - preferably the post-security set.

Interesting however, I'm not able to find any rendering of the satellites from Fentress, Foster, or SOM,

The only renderings I see are from Calatrava and Gang...anyone else see otherwise?

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/greg-hi ... eanne-gang

jcwr56

Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:58 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
AECM wrote:

David Neeleman was on my B6 flight yesterday from JFK. I asked him what was bringing him to Chicago and he told me he was here for the inaugural flight.

Flights tracking about 50 minutes late. Festivities are planned at M12 and not sure if a water cannon was slated or not.

Whatever weather we had early this morning has rolled through unless they pop up later today.

jcwr56

Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:01 pm

ORDfan wrote:
gabik001 wrote:
AECM wrote:

Great stuff! So cool on the A339... am I correct to believe that this is the first A339 to ORD??

Its the 2nd time an A339 has been to ORD. The first time, Airbus brought it in with TAP colors and parked it up on the north cargo facility.

gabik001

Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:10 pm

Now looks like 10C arrival @ 16.40 for TP229. Looking forward to see some crowd on the hill.
Canon 50D gripped + Canon 70D + 17-40 L + 24-105 L IS + 50 f/1.8 STM + 100-400L IS USM + Sigma 150-600 S

ORDfan

Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:03 pm

First photo of TAP at O'hare posted...thanks for sharing, Bill! Great catch...love the other big birds in the background. :)

NUPlaneFan

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:06 pm

yeogeo wrote:
s1m7n wrote:
yeogeo wrote:
Effective May 1, Norwegian, on three of the four days of operation, will again be using leased aircraft for its LGW<>ORD route.
Norwegian flies M/W/F/Sun into O'Hare from Gatwick and starts Barcelona on June 7 with a M/W/F/Sat schedule.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-20190429

The leased operations will be with Wamos Air's A-330 and crew.

I was looking at flights between LON-ORD for November/December and did not see any Norwegian flights. Is Norwegian cutting service for the season?

Google Flights is showing the last bookable ORD-LGW flight on Norwegian operates on Friday the 25th of October this year.

Did Norwegian offer winter service on ORD-LGW last year at all/has anyone heard anything about this?

muralir

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:34 pm

The AA/QF joint venture just got preliminary approval by the DoT today, and O'hare may be a beneficiary. According to QF's press release:
https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media ... -business/

BNE/ORD and BNE/SFO will be the first two routes QF launches once the JV is finalized. They've mentioned these routes before, but now that the JV is nearly a done deal, we're a lot closer to seeing the kangaroo at T5 :-)

kordcj

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:25 am

muralir wrote:
The AA/QF joint venture just got preliminary approval by the DoT today, and O'hare may be a beneficiary. According to QF's press release:

BNE/ORD and BNE/SFO will be the first two routes QF launches once the JV is finalized. They've mentioned these routes before, but now that the JV is nearly a done deal, we're a lot closer to seeing the kangaroo at T5 :-)

This is great news but I do wonder how well BNE will do. If QF were a star alliance member, it’d probably do well, but AA isn’t as dedicated to ORD as it once was, and neither is its route structure. Do we see the likes of all the new AA regional feed routes supporting QF at ORD. I suppose those who’d rather stop at ORD vs PER to get to LHR, but it’s a very roundabout way to get to London.
The most obvious proof for intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't tried to contact us.

kipfilet

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:58 pm

Will LIS-ORD always be serviced by a neo? I just bought tickets for November and the seat map for the flight shows a A332 on that route. Is this a "placeholder", or does TAP rotate the planes?

Planeboy17

Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:14 am

kordcj wrote:
muralir wrote:

This is great news but I do wonder how well BNE will do. If QF were a star alliance member, it’d probably do well, but AA isn’t as dedicated to ORD as it once was, and neither is its route structure. Do we see the likes of all the new AA regional feed routes supporting QF at ORD. I suppose those who’d rather stop at ORD vs PER to get to LHR, but it’s a very roundabout way to get to London.

Although it’ll be from BNE, it’ll originate in SYD from everything I’ve read so far because it can’t make SYD nonstop.
You make it sound like AA is dehubbing ORD. They have added gates and flights and even mainline flying. I don’t have the numbers but I know those 3 things I stated are facts. AA may not be UA at ORD but they are growing, and that’s a good thing. Just ask JFK.

gabik001

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:45 am

kipfilet wrote:
Will LIS-ORD always be serviced by a neo? I just bought tickets for November and the seat map for the flight shows a A332 on that route. Is this a "placeholder", or does TAP rotate the planes?

So far they did operate on both types to ORD. There were 3 flight already. Today it shows A339 but next upcoming flight showing A332.

AECM

Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:45 pm

gabik001 wrote:
kipfilet wrote:

So far they did operate on both types to ORD. There were 3 flight already. Today it shows A339 but next upcoming flight showing A332.

Currently TAP has 7 A339 on the fleet, this month 2/3 more should be delivered and the new SFO route will be open. I think that during summer ORD will be a mix of A339 and A332

kipfilet

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:38 pm

Thanks, that makes sense. I booked a roundtrip and unfortunately both the outbound and inbound flights are on A332.

FromGSPtoChi

Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:02 pm

There is always a political reason for a project. This is more of an investment and hope for the results. Maybe Amazon can make it a flight hub :).

A Burnham-scale boost for the Southland: A third airport in Peotone:
https://www.chicagobusiness.com/opinion ... rt-peotone

jcwr56

Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:12 pm

FromGSPtoChi wrote:
There is always a political reason for a project. This is more of an investment and hope for the results. Maybe Amazon can make it a flight hub :).

A Burnham-scale boost for the Southland: A third airport in Peotone:
https://www.chicagobusiness.com/opinion ... rt-peotone

I lost interest after the first sentence...

It's not about color, it's about the business model and will it work.

chepos

Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:05 pm

kordcj wrote:
muralir wrote:

ORD is AA’s third largest hub with over 500 flights a day. With some unique connections not had at DFW. I am sure QF has done it’s homework, ORD has been on it’s radar for a while. LHR bound pax are not the audience for this flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

chepos

Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:05 pm

kordcj wrote:
muralir wrote:

ORD is AA’s third largest hub with over 500 flights a day. With some unique connections not had at DFW. I am sure QF has done it’s homework, ORD has been on it’s radar for a while. LHR bound pax are not the audience for this flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

gabik001

Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:12 am

Yesterday DY sent first flight from BCN to ORD operated by LN-LNN. Today JL will fly (actually should be in the air) from NRT as JAL8056 (on JA836J - B788) - this might first appear JL B788 at ORD.

Caymanair

Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:09 am

Planeboy17 wrote:
That’s sad news about losing Cayman, but I guess it’s difficult now that UA and AA are both on the route along with the MAX grounding.

The goal was to attract the other carriers so that KX could leave the market. KX is a tool of the government, all of it's scheduled passenger services fall in to one of 3 categories:

1) Routes that have a tourism or business development purpose: build the market and demonstrate to other carriers that it is viable, and then leave it to them (BOS, IAD, ATL, IAH, ORD, and virtually every other US city now with non-stops on a foreign carrier). DEN falls into this category as well;
2) Routes that are considered crucial the local market, flown to ensure airlift where it wouldn't otherwise exist (LCE, RTB, HAV, KIN, MBJ, TPA all domestic);
3) Heavy routes where there is an interest in using KX as a tool to manage prices (MIA, JFK at the moment, with competition KIN and MBJ would fall in this category as well).

The fact that KX leaves ORD with not one but 2 major US carriers on a route, which previously they refused to fly without some sort of revenue guarantee, is a sign that it was a resounding success.

United787

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Caymanair wrote:
1) Routes that have a tourism or business development purpose: build the market and demonstrate to other carriers that it is viable, and then leave it to them (BOS, IAD, ATL, IAH, ORD, and virtually every other US city now with non-stops on a foreign carrier). DEN falls into this category as well

That is really interesting, I have never heard of an government having this strategy and using it's "flag" carrier in that manner... Does anyone know of other governments/airline that function in that matter?

Planeboy17

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Caymanair wrote:
Planeboy17 wrote:
That’s sad news about losing Cayman, but I guess it’s difficult now that UA and AA are both on the route along with the MAX grounding.

The goal was to attract the other carriers so that KX could leave the market. KX is a tool of the government, all of it's scheduled passenger services fall in to one of 3 categories:

1) Routes that have a tourism or business development purpose: build the market and demonstrate to other carriers that it is viable, and then leave it to them (BOS, IAD, ATL, IAH, ORD, and virtually every other US city now with non-stops on a foreign carrier). DEN falls into this category as well;
2) Routes that are considered crucial the local market, flown to ensure airlift where it wouldn't otherwise exist (LCE, RTB, HAV, KIN, MBJ, TPA all domestic);
3) Heavy routes where there is an interest in using KX as a tool to manage prices (MIA, JFK at the moment, with competition KIN and MBJ would fall in this category as well).

The fact that KX leaves ORD with not one but 2 major US carriers on a route, which previously they refused to fly without some sort of revenue guarantee, is a sign that it was a resounding success.

Thank you for that enlightening and concise explanation. I have read that about KX before and when I saw both UA and AA were adding GCM that KXs days were numbered.
I’ll just really miss seeing Sir Turtle at T5.

AmricanShamrok

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:31 pm

Could anyone verify if the below Terminal 5 gate constraints are still accurate? I know a few changes have been implemented over the past few years and I have tried to keep up but I may be missing some info. (The below list assumes that all adjacent gates are occupied by the largest possible aircraft).

M1: ≤ 767
M2: ≤ 767
M3: ≤ 767
M4: ≤ 330/345/346/77W/744
M5: ≤ 330/345/346/77W/744
M6: (N/A - no equipment can use this gate when any-sized aircraft occupies M5; ≤ 757 can be used if M5 clear and widebody occupies M7)
M7: ≤ 350/748
M8: ≤ 330/345/346/77W/744
M9: ≤ 330/345/346/77W/744
M10: ≤ 330/345/346/77W/744
M11: ≤ 380
M12: ≤ 330/345/346/77W/744
M13: ≤ 330/345/346/77W/744
M14: (N/A - no equipment can use this gate when a widebody aircraft occupies M13 or M15; ≤ 757 can be used if narrowbodies occupy M13 or M15)
M15: ≤ 330/345/346/77W/744
M16: ≤ 350/748
M17: ≤ 330/345/346/77W/744
M18: ≤ 757
M19: ≤ 330/345/346/77W/744
M20: ≤ 767
M21: ≤ 767

airstatdfw

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:38 am

AmricanShamrok wrote:
Could anyone verify if the below Terminal 5 gate constraints are still accurate? I know a few changes have been implemented over the past few years and I have tried to keep up but I may be missing some info. (The below list assumes that all adjacent gates are occupied by the largest possible aircraft).

M6: (N/A - no equipment can use this gate when any-sized aircraft occupies M5; ≤ 757 can be used if M5 clear and widebody occupies M7)
M14: (N/A - no equipment can use this gate when a widebody aircraft occupies M13 or M15; ≤ 757 can be used if narrowbodies occupy M13 or M15)

I think M3 can take 777/330 I have seen Aer Lingus Park there.

wn676

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:24 am

AmricanShamrok wrote:

I don’t have the adjacency restrictions but the following was current as of the end of last year representing the largest aircraft (there are some nuances with the widebodies) by lead-in line:

M1: B763(W)
M2: B763(W)
M2A: B77L
M3: B77W/B744/A346/A35K
M3A: B763
M4: B77W/B744/A346/A359
M4A: B763/B764
M5: B77W/B744/A346/A35K
M5A: B763
M6: B739(W)
M7: B77W/B748/A346/A359
M8: B77W/B744/A346/A359
M9: B77W/B744/A346/A35K
M10: B77W/B744/A346/A35K
M11: B77W/B748/A346/A35K
M11A: A380
M12: B77W/B744/A346/A359
M13: B77W/B748/A346/A35K
M15: B77W/B744/A346/A35K
M16: B77W/B748/A346/A359
M17: B77W/B744/A346/A35K
M18: B739
M19: B77W/B744/A346/A359
M20: B763(W)
M20A: E190
M20B: E190
M21: B763(W)
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

yeogeo

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:58 am

So its finally official: in a news conference on Monday, Qantas CEO Joyce has announced Qantas is to start BNE<>ORD in October, given regulatory approval.
https://simpleflying.com/qantas-flights ... francisco/

Planeboy17

Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:23 am

yeogeo wrote:
So its finally official: in a news conference on Monday, Qantas CEO Joyce has announced Qantas is to start BNE<>ORD in October, given regulatory approval.

Certainly excellent news but I’ll wait until that 787 is actually at a gate at T5 before I celebrate. I know this is different but Qantas went so far as radio advertising and reservations before canceling the service due to SARS.

Not sure if anyone saw the same article but EgyptAir is starting IAD with their new 789s. The article also stated ORD as “next on their list”. I’m too lazy to look for it tonight.

qf789

Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:33 am

yeogeo wrote:

That is incorrect, BNE-ORD wont be starting until next year, by April 2020

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media ... francisco/
Forum Moderator

yeogeo

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:14 pm

qf789 wrote:
yeogeo wrote:

That is incorrect, BNE-ORD wont be starting until next year, by April 2020

Thanks for the correction. I thought it a bit strange that the start date was so soon. Next year makes more sense.

UALORD

Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:00 pm

The DOT recently released full year 2018 data, I compiled the data & created a spreadsheet relevant to ORD (if we really want MDW, let me know!)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BMzwKJdjlAbTNmfeVwN9tUL0JFyTJ0lXRzt4R7rn0lU/edit?usp=sharing
Source: DOT Table 41

Some considerations I took into the compilation:
1. Excluded any data that had less than <3 departures per month (aka one-offs)
2. Assumed every month has 30 days to calculate the weekly frequencies of each sector (similar to how the OAG thread is reported)
3. Freight is in pound-tons (2000lbs=1 ton)
4. I broke routes down by month. While it produced a huge dataset, the fluctuation in LF's between months are apparent
5. Departures and Arrivals are split into two tabs

One interesting trend I noticed was that Asiana carried more passengers on the ICN route vs Korean Air, but carried far less cargo... Yet they still cut the route. Was also hoping to see the new AKL route in here, but for some reason it did not get reported (when was the inaugural?)

Happy data hunting!

Planeboy17

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:18 pm

:D Copenhagen – Chicago O’Hare eff 28JAN20 1 daily (6 weekly A350 and 1 weekly A340 from 03FEB20)
This was posted today on Routesonline.
Not only does ORD get the first service for SAS inaugural 350 but will also still get a 340 once a week. :D

yeogeo

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:55 am

Planeboy17 wrote:
Copenhagen – Chicago O’Hare eff 28JAN20 1 daily (6 weekly A350 and 1 weekly A340 from 03FEB20)
This was posted today on Routesonline.
Not only does ORD get the first service for SAS inaugural 350 but will also still get a 340 once a week. :D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Also mentioned here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... EifQ%3D%3D

Seems in the above article that they're unaware that a Lufti A350 visits ORD every evening on its way to and from MUC every day:
"Though widely admired for its fuel efficiency and comfort flying passengers over especially long distances, the A-350 has not been seen much at O’Hare Airport since Chicago-based United Airlines flew one of the planes into O’Hare for a preview viewing inside a hangar at the airport in 2015"

yeogeo

Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:00 am

qf789 wrote:
yeogeo wrote:
So its finally official: in a news conference on Monday, Qantas CEO Joyce has announced Qantas is to start BNE<>ORD...

... BNE-ORD wont be starting until next year, by April 2020

Anyone here have the final word on T-5 or T-3 departures for this flight?

"A spokeswoman for American on Monday said it’s too early to know whether Qantas’ new flight to Brisbane will depart from Terminal 3 at O’Hare, where American is based, or from the international Terminal 5, where most international departures occur. American’s OneWorld partners Japan Air Lines and Iberia have flights from O’Hare that currently operate out of Terminal 3.

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... AifQ%3D%3D

yeogeo

Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:02 pm

Some changes in the northern half of the field are illustrated in the newest FAA ORD diagram as 14L/32R slowly erased and 9C/27C takes shape.
The pink dashed lines indicate changes from last diagram.

https://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/1907/comp ... ad_cmp.pdf

yeogeo

Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:13 pm

yeogeo wrote:
Some changes in the northern half of the field are illustrated in the newest FAA ORD diagram as 14L/32R slowly erased and 9C/27C takes shape.
The pink dashed lines indicate changes from last diagram. Document A is the previous diagram, Document B is the diagram in use now.

https://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/1907/comp ... ad_cmp.pdf

sircygnus

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:53 pm

Weird to only see 2 Hot Spots in the diagram. It seems like not to long ago there were 5-6!!

yeogeo

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:59 am

sircygnus wrote:
Weird to only see 2 Hot Spots in the diagram. It seems like not to long ago there were 5-6!!

Understood, but they're not really current around the de-icing pads; they have some catching up to do. Can't really understand why there'd be fewer HS indications - they haven't really simplified things, after all.

United787

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:55 am

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/brea ... story.html

Article on the people mover saga, shocking and embarrassing!

yeogeo

Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:51 am

United787 wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-met-chicago-ohare-people-mover-shutdown-delay-20190620-story.html

Yeesh! What a mess. Will it all be finished in September? I wouldn't bet on it.
I hope this is a lesson learned to carry over to the bigger project ahead or we're headed to a huge mess. Hello Berlin!

ZBA2CGX

Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:41 pm

yeogeo wrote:
I hope this is a lesson learned to carry over to the bigger project ahead or we're headed to a huge mess. Hello Berlin!

I think we should probably resign ourselves to walking to/from the future satellite concourses. Someone needs to get their act together in the DOA.

I'd also be curious to see how much extra revenue the main lot is taking in because people don't want to take the bus to the remote lot.

sircygnus

Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:24 pm

I'd also be curious to see how much extra revenue the main lot is taking in because people don't want to take the bus to the remote lot.

I can guarantee that Lot G is seeing more traffic. It is the cheapest economy lot at $10/day, and any advantage to parking in Lots E, F, H, (people mover station) is gone so people don't see the purpose in spending $17/day.

chicawgo

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:09 pm

I just noticed that UA is running TWICE DAILY 777 ORDLAX -- many of them int'l Polaris. When did this happen?? It's been probably over 10 years since they consistently had anything bigger than 75 on the route other than one-offs. Exciting!!

FromGSPtoChi

Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:28 pm

United787 wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-met-chicago-ohare-people-mover-shutdown-delay-20190620-story.html

United Airlines launches airside bus service at O'Hare
https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... yptr=yahoo

Fargo

Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:32 am

ZBA2CGX wrote:
yeogeo wrote:

I think we should probably resign ourselves to walking to/from the future satellite concourses. Someone needs to get their act together in the DOA.

IIRC, there isn't suppose to be a APM between the new international terminal and the satellites right away, that will come later.

Regardless, since ORD is a critical hub in North American aviation, I agree the CDOA needs to get their act together and do better on the main terminal work. The situation right now is beyond unacceptable, but this is Chicago after all.......

chidino

Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:39 am

I'm currently (20:30 on Sat) sitting at the Wood Dale Metra station, so almost directly under approach to 10R. A parade of RJs, 737s and 319/320s... which I expect to see given 7500'. And then... an AF Cargo 777. I'm wondering if it was ATC or the French pilot just wants a short taxi. :stirthepot:

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos