HanCholo
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:30 am

717atOGG wrote:
AS started SEA-ELP today. I doubt that there was any ceremonies on the SEA end, but there was probably one at ELP. As always, nice to see AS filling in the gaps at SEA, and I'm curious to see how this flight performs. Speaking of AS, I've recently noticed that their A320 fleet is now parking at Concourse C now also, so they're not confined to Concourse D anymore.


There was a ceremony down here at ELP. Ribbon-cutting, cake and a water cannon salute greeted the E175 when it arrived. Here's the local press reporting on it: https://www.ktsm.com/news/local/el-paso ... 1795347309
 
dc10lover
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:02 pm

Sea - Tac International Airport has the 2nd largest parking lot in the world.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the ... world.html
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.
 
717atOGG
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:43 am

As I'm sure you have all seen, DL has applied for a resumption of SEA-HND with daytime slots this time around, using A330-900neo equipment. This route would start in S20, and given that SEA isn't served from HND at the moment, I think this route is almost guaranteed to be accepted. Not sure if it'll replace the NRT flight, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

https://www.regulations.gov/document?D= ... -0014-0005
Long live the Boeing 757!
 
n7371f
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:56 am

Not as confident. Remember, DL had the authority out of SEA on a 763 - and promptly dropped it. The other US airlines will clobber DL over that.

717atOGG wrote:
As I'm sure you have all seen, DL has applied for a resumption of SEA-HND with daytime slots this time around, using A330-900neo equipment. This route would start in S20, and given that SEA isn't served from HND at the moment, I think this route is almost guaranteed to be accepted. Not sure if it'll replace the NRT flight, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

https://www.regulations.gov/document?D= ... -0014-0005
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3425
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:17 pm

dc10lover wrote:
Sea - Tac International Airport has the 2nd largest parking lot in the world.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the ... world.html

I've often wondered about that when I am at SEA and parking there - figured it had to be up there near the top in the rankings. And surprisingly, it gets close to full on occasion.
 
dc10lover
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:31 pm

717atOGG wrote:
As I'm sure you have all seen, DL has applied for a resumption of SEA-HND with daytime slots this time around, using A330-900neo equipment. This route would start in S20, and given that SEA isn't served from HND at the moment, I think this route is almost guaranteed to be accepted. Not sure if it'll replace the NRT flight, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

https://www.regulations.gov/document?D= ... -0014-0005

More info here: https://news.delta.com/delta-proposes-f ... -us-cities
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.
 
717atOGG
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:12 pm

OAG updates week of 2/24:

**AC SEA-YYC JUN 1.0>0[1.0] JUL 1.0>0[1.0] AUG 1.0>0[1.0] SEP 1.0>0[1.0] OCT 0.8>0[0.9]
DL ATL-SEA OCT 8>7[7]
DL MCO-SEA JUL 1.7>1.0[1.7] AUG 1.3>1.0[1.4]
MF SEA-SZX NOV 0>0.4[0.3]

Notes:
-SEA-YYC on AC is a goner. Kind of surprising, and I wonder if this means anything for their PDX-YYC flight.
-SEA-SZX is now going 3x/w into the winter months.
Long live the Boeing 757!
 
ANA787
Posts: 822
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:00 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:38 pm

717atOGG wrote:
-SEA-YYC on AC is a goner. Kind of surprising, and I wonder if this means anything for their PDX-YYC flight.

Not surprising at all. AC was competing with 6x daily flights between AS and DL, all operated by nice E175s. AC can simply route everyone through YVR anyways. PDX remains unchanged at daily year round with only WestJet as the other competitor on PDX-YYC.
Last edited by ANA787 on Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
N174UA
Posts: 1010
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:44 pm

dc10lover wrote:
717atOGG wrote:
As I'm sure you have all seen, DL has applied for a resumption of SEA-HND with daytime slots this time around, using A330-900neo equipment. This route would start in S20, and given that SEA isn't served from HND at the moment, I think this route is almost guaranteed to be accepted. Not sure if it'll replace the NRT flight, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

https://www.regulations.gov/document?D= ... -0014-0005

More info here: https://news.delta.com/delta-proposes-f ... -us-cities


Yes - the SEA-NRT flight would be changed to SEA-HND. Same flight numbers as now, however (166/167)
 
717atOGG
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:58 pm

DL is switching SEA-NRT/ICN/PVG to A330-900 equipment this summer: PVG on July 1, ICN on August 1, and NRT on August 31.

Interesting that PVG is the first one to get the switch, but it makes some sense because SEA-PVG is currently one of the longest 763 routes. I also expect either SEA-CDG or AMS to get the A339 as well to bridge a/c with the East Coast. Nonetheless, I'm personally looking forward to seeing DL's A339 in SEA soon.

https://news.delta.com/delta-bring-more ... ing-summer
Long live the Boeing 757!
 
dc10lover
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:32 pm

You know. AS needs to add more flights out of Spokane. I would really love to see GEG - LAS / PHX non - stop service.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 4975
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:18 am

717atOGG wrote:
DL is switching SEA-NRT/ICN/PVG to A330-900 equipment this summer: PVG on July 1, ICN on August 1, and NRT on August 31.

Interesting that PVG is the first one to get the switch, but it makes some sense because SEA-PVG is currently one of the longest 763 routes. I also expect either SEA-CDG or AMS to get the A339 as well to bridge a/c with the East Coast. Nonetheless, I'm personally looking forward to seeing DL's A339 in SEA soon.

https://news.delta.com/delta-bring-more ... ing-summer


I have also heard that the DL A359 is coming back later this month...until the A339 starts at the end of August.
 
717atOGG
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:36 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
717atOGG wrote:
DL is switching SEA-NRT/ICN/PVG to A330-900 equipment this summer: PVG on July 1, ICN on August 1, and NRT on August 31.

Interesting that PVG is the first one to get the switch, but it makes some sense because SEA-PVG is currently one of the longest 763 routes. I also expect either SEA-CDG or AMS to get the A339 as well to bridge a/c with the East Coast. Nonetheless, I'm personally looking forward to seeing DL's A339 in SEA soon.

https://news.delta.com/delta-bring-more ... ing-summer


I have also heard that the DL A359 is coming back later this month...until the A339 starts at the end of August.

It actually came back starting today! The A359 will be operating SEA-NRT until the A339 takes over on August 31, as you said. It ferried in last night ATL-SEA as a passenger flight, and the PVG-DTW flight diverted to SEA around the same time (not sure why), so we had two DL A359s on the ground at the same time today. I got a photo of the SEA-NRT flight climbing out this afternoon, but it's from my phone, so the quality wasn't great.
Image
Long live the Boeing 757!
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 4975
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:45 am

Nice! By the end of the summer, SEA will have a bunch of newer-generation widebodies.
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 4975
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:17 pm

Less than a month before SEA gets two more overseas airlines...JAL on 3/31 and CX on 4/1.
 
dc10lover
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:52 pm

dc10lover wrote:
You know. AS needs to add more flights out of Spokane. I would really love to see GEG - LAS / PHX non - stop service.

Also Spokane - Burbank, California non - stop.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.
 
N174UA
Posts: 1010
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:44 pm

dc10lover wrote:
dc10lover wrote:
You know. AS needs to add more flights out of Spokane. I would really love to see GEG - LAS / PHX non - stop service.

Also Spokane - Burbank, California non - stop.


UA starts 1x daily PSC-LAX on 3/31 with an E175. That flight should do well, and I think it's only a matter of time before DL offers a competing flight.
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:41 pm

I bet UA will add GEG-LAX sometime in 2019. 1 flight a day (with DL) on that route is just not enough.
 
BoeingGuy
Posts: 6261
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:08 am

N174UA wrote:
dc10lover wrote:
dc10lover wrote:
You know. AS needs to add more flights out of Spokane. I would really love to see GEG - LAS / PHX non - stop service.

Also Spokane - Burbank, California non - stop.


UA starts 1x daily PSC-LAX on 3/31 with an E175. That flight should do well, and I think it's only a matter of time before DL offers a competing flight.


Is this the first time anyone has flown LAX-PSC non-stop? I don’t recall it before.

SFO-PSC has been served in the past by both Hughes Airwest and PSA.

I think AS is losing out on a number of markets like this that should be in their wheelhouse. This seems like a natural fit for AS, as is SFO-EAT which I think UA is starting.
 
dc10lover
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:29 am

My prediction:
I already know United Express will serve the Wenatchee, Washington - San Francisco Route using the 50 passenger CRJ200. The 76 passenger Embraer175 will be too large for such a small route. This Route is bound to fail. And as many people have said, they do NOT like flying in the CRJ200. Besides, Alaska Airlines is better than United Airlines. Sad how far United Airlines have fallen from being one of the best airlines in the USA / World.
Last edited by dc10lover on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.
 
dc10lover
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:32 am

Pasco should do better in 2019.
Last edited by dc10lover on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.
 
dc10lover
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:33 am

Any other news?
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.
 
N174UA
Posts: 1010
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:06 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
N174UA wrote:
dc10lover wrote:
Also Spokane - Burbank, California non - stop.


UA starts 1x daily PSC-LAX on 3/31 with an E175. That flight should do well, and I think it's only a matter of time before DL offers a competing flight.


Is this the first time anyone has flown LAX-PSC non-stop? I don’t recall it before.

SFO-PSC has been served in the past by both Hughes Airwest and PSA.

I think AS is losing out on a number of markets like this that should be in their wheelhouse. This seems like a natural fit for AS, as is SFO-EAT which I think UA is starting.


I think Allegiant might fly PSC-LAX, but only seasonal. UA will be daily year round.

AS is the number two airline in PSC, with about a 30% market share; DL leads with 43%. UA is a distant 3rd at about 15%.
 
N174UA
Posts: 1010
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:09 am

dc10lover wrote:
Pasco should do better in 2019.


Hope so! The newly remodeled terminal is really nice, and I think that helps convince a lot of locals to fly from here, rather than driving up to GEG or even over to SEA to catch flights. PSC set a record last year with a combined 785,000 people arriving and departing. We've had a few weather delays and cancellations in the past 2-3 weeks, but with daily LAX starting, and how fast this area is growing, it will reach 1 million within 5 years, maybe sooner.
 
User avatar
DBCoop3r
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:28 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:27 am

dc10lover wrote:
Pasco should do better in 2019.

Got curious and looked it up... PSC was up big in January (12%). UA expansion was part of it... but it appears this was mostly due to Alaska returning to a higher level of flights as they had in '17.

Was this due to Horizon resolving their severe pilot shortage issue and they were able to resume some flights to SEA?
 
User avatar
gunsontheroof
Posts: 3534
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:30 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:02 am

dc10lover wrote:
My prediction:
I already know United Express will serve the Wenatchee, Washington - San Francisco Route using the 50 passenger CRJ200. The 76 passenger Embraer175 will be too large for such a small route. This Route is bound to fail. And as many people have said, they do NOT like flying in the CRJ200. Besides, Alaska Airlines is better than United Airlines. Sad how far United Airlines have fallen from being one of the best airlines in the USA / World.


Do you have a source on UA launching EAT-SFO? Given your track record of weird AS worship around here, I doubt you have inside information on what UA is planning. If we're going to entertain this, a 50 seat RJ is probably the only plane that can make the route work, and I suspect that's a stretch. No chance that AS is going to swing at this when GEG-California is already a tough nut out of eastern WA.
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.
 
N174UA
Posts: 1010
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:05 pm

DBCoop3r wrote:
dc10lover wrote:
Pasco should do better in 2019.

Got curious and looked it up... PSC was up big in January (12%). UA expansion was part of it... but it appears this was mostly due to Alaska returning to a higher level of flights as they had in '17.

Was this due to Horizon resolving their severe pilot shortage issue and they were able to resume some flights to SEA?


Most likely, yes. Also, for the first 2 months of '17, we had really bad weather (snow, ice) in the PSC area that started in mid-December '16 and ended in early March '17, so a lot of flights were cancelled back then. AS is back to their 4-5 flights a day to SEA. Last winter was mild, and then last month was bad with some delays and cancellations, but not as bad as 2 years ago.

UA also added another flight to DEN as well, and DL added a second daily to MSP.

Not too much longer, DL and UA will be the big carriers, with AS getting passed by. Allegiant is now all A320, though I don't know what their commitment to here is, really. I'd love to see DL start PSC-LAS, which would effectively end Allegiant's presence here, but that would impact PSC-SLC, however. Very strong DL customer base in this region, which started with Western Airlines.
 
dc10lover
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:53 pm

N174UA wrote:
DBCoop3r wrote:
dc10lover wrote:
Pasco should do better in 2019.

Got curious and looked it up... PSC was up big in January (12%). UA expansion was part of it... but it appears this was mostly due to Alaska returning to a higher level of flights as they had in '17.

Was this due to Horizon resolving their severe pilot shortage issue and they were able to resume some flights to SEA?


Most likely, yes. Also, for the first 2 months of '17, we had really bad weather (snow, ice) in the PSC area that started in mid-December '16 and ended in early March '17, so a lot of flights were cancelled back then. AS is back to their 4-5 flights a day to SEA. Last winter was mild, and then last month was bad with some delays and cancellations, but not as bad as 2 years ago.

UA also added another flight to DEN as well, and DL added a second daily to MSP.

Not too much longer, DL and UA will be the big carriers, with AS getting passed by. Allegiant is now all A320, though I don't know what their commitment to here is, really. I'd love to see DL start PSC-LAS, which would effectively end Allegiant's presence here, but that would impact PSC-SLC, however. Very strong DL customer base in this region, which started with Western Airlines.

With F9 growing in LAS, wonder if they would serve PSC - LAS non - stop some day.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.
 
dc10lover
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:56 pm

gunsontheroof wrote:
dc10lover wrote:
My prediction:
I already know United Express will serve the Wenatchee, Washington - San Francisco Route using the 50 passenger CRJ200. The 76 passenger Embraer175 will be too large for such a small route. This Route is bound to fail. And as many people have said, they do NOT like flying in the CRJ200. Besides, Alaska Airlines is better than United Airlines. Sad how far United Airlines have fallen from being one of the best airlines in the USA / World.


Do you have a source on UA launching EAT-SFO? Given your track record of weird AS worship around here, I doubt you have inside information on what UA is planning. If we're going to entertain this, a 50 seat RJ is probably the only plane that can make the route work, and I suspect that's a stretch. No chance that AS is going to swing at this when GEG-California is already a tough nut out of eastern WA.

Stay tuned............
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.
 
717atOGG
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:09 pm

OAG updates week of 3/3:

F9 AUS-SEA MAY 0.3>0.1[0.5]
F9 DEN-SEA MAY 1.6>2.0[1.5] JUN 1.6>2[1.6] JUL 1.6>2.0[1.5]
UA DEN-GEG SEP 2>3[3]
UA IAD-SEA SEP 4>3[3]
UA IAH-SEA SEP 6>5[5]
UA SEA-SFO AUG 10>13[11]

Notes:
-F9 moved back the resumption date of SEA-AUS to late May, and will be operating DEN 2x/day this summer.
-The UA SEA-SFO increase could be a misfile, they currently have 14 daily flights for sale, but there's two redundantly-timed flights at 4:05 and 4:10 pm, so they might get rid of one of those and go back down to 13. Strange that they'd do a frequency increase for just August though.
Long live the Boeing 757!
 
717atOGG
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:32 pm

Alright folks, less than 24 hours until PAE's new terminal opens!

Tonight, 3 AS E-175s will ferry in from SEA, then the first departures will be at 10 am, 10:30 am, and noon to PDX, LAS, and PHX. The first passenger flight arrivals will be at 12:55, 4:30, and 7:05 pm from the destinations listed above. LAX and SAN will start on 3/5, SFO and SJC begin on 3/7, SNA on 3/12, and UA to SFO and DEN on 3/31.

I'll stay tuned to see if there are any ceremonies, and I'd personally really like to see any photos that people get of the terminal in operation.
Long live the Boeing 757!
 
dc10lover
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:37 pm

I find it interesting that AA only flies the Embraer175 SEA - LAX - SEA when you think that demand would call for a 737. AA giving AS the route.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.
 
BoeingGuy
Posts: 6261
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:48 pm

gunsontheroof wrote:
dc10lover wrote:
My prediction:
I already know United Express will serve the Wenatchee, Washington - San Francisco Route using the 50 passenger CRJ200. The 76 passenger Embraer175 will be too large for such a small route. This Route is bound to fail. And as many people have said, they do NOT like flying in the CRJ200. Besides, Alaska Airlines is better than United Airlines. Sad how far United Airlines have fallen from being one of the best airlines in the USA / World.


Do you have a source on UA launching EAT-SFO? Given your track record of weird AS worship around here, I doubt you have inside information on what UA is planning. If we're going to entertain this, a 50 seat RJ is probably the only plane that can make the route work, and I suspect that's a stretch. No chance that AS is going to swing at this when GEG-California is already a tough nut out of eastern WA.


https://www.heraldnet.com/business/wena ... co-flight/

I heard that UA is starting this route also. It’s been previously discussed on A.net.
 
dfw88
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:25 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:52 pm

dc10lover wrote:
gunsontheroof wrote:
dc10lover wrote:
My prediction:
I already know United Express will serve the Wenatchee, Washington - San Francisco Route using the 50 passenger CRJ200. The 76 passenger Embraer175 will be too large for such a small route. This Route is bound to fail. And as many people have said, they do NOT like flying in the CRJ200. Besides, Alaska Airlines is better than United Airlines. Sad how far United Airlines have fallen from being one of the best airlines in the USA / World.


Do you have a source on UA launching EAT-SFO? Given your track record of weird AS worship around here, I doubt you have inside information on what UA is planning. If we're going to entertain this, a 50 seat RJ is probably the only plane that can make the route work, and I suspect that's a stretch. No chance that AS is going to swing at this when GEG-California is already a tough nut out of eastern WA.

Stay tuned............


I just did a search through January 2020 using an industry scheduling tool (Diio Mi for those who know it) and there are no other flights scheduled from EAT other than AS to SEA. That doesn't mean that it won't happen, but it does mean that nothing has been officially announced as of yet. As for my personal opinion, SFO-EAT seems quite unlikely.
 
PDX757
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:06 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:56 am

With all the new carriers in recent years, have there ever been any rumblings of QF exploring service to SEA? Not sure if this has come up or not!
 
717atOGG
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:07 pm

It appears that YYJ-SEA on DL is going to be axed this September.

https://www.timescolonist.com/business/ ... 1.23657251

Although unexpected, the semi-weak transborder market lately (UA ending YYJ-SFO, AC ending SEA-YYC, etc), plus DL having nothing smaller than a premium-heavy E175 to serve these routes must have been writing on the wall. I kinda wonder if Westjet Encore would be able to make some of these smaller markets work with their Q400, but I'm not holding my breath given the gate squeeze here.
Long live the Boeing 757!
 
717atOGG
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:45 pm

OAG updates week of 3/10:

AA JFK-SEA JUN 3>2[1.8]
AA PHL-SEA JUN 4>3[3]
G4 BLI-OAK JUN 0.7>1.0[0.7] JUL 0.7>1.0[0.7]
UA SEA-SFO AUG 13>14[11]
Y4 GDL-SEA JUN 0.6>0.9[0.5] JUL 0.5>1.0[0.7] AUG 0.6>0.9[0.6] OCT 0.5>0.7[0.4] NOV 0>0.8[0.5] DEC 0>0.9[0.7]

Notes:
-G4 is increasing to daily for the summer on BLI-OAK.
-Y4 is increasing to almost daily on GDL-SEA.
Long live the Boeing 757!
 
jplatts
Posts: 2676
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:44 pm

The top domestic destinations traveled to from SEA that aren't currently served nonstop from SEA include BDL, JAX, and ORF.

While F9 has less-than-daily seasonal nonstop service to CLE from SEA, the lack of nonstop service to SEA on a non-ULCC is a huge hole.

CLT and CVG are also two of the top U.S. destinations traveled to from SEA that aren't currently served by AS. AS would also be able to offer connections onto AA flights to small regional destinations in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic through CLT if AS adds SEA-CLT nonstop service.

Will AS announce SEA-CLT, SEA-CVG, SEA-CLE, SEA-BDL, SEA-JAX, and/or SEA-ORF nonstop service this year?
 
User avatar
gunsontheroof
Posts: 3534
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:30 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:05 am

jplatts wrote:
The top domestic destinations traveled to from SEA that aren't currently served nonstop from SEA include BDL, JAX, and ORF.

While F9 has less-than-daily seasonal nonstop service to CLE from SEA, the lack of nonstop service to SEA on a non-ULCC is a huge hole.

CLT and CVG are also two of the top U.S. destinations traveled to from SEA that aren't currently served by AS. AS would also be able to offer connections onto AA flights to small regional destinations in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic through CLT if AS adds SEA-CLT nonstop service.

Will AS announce SEA-CLT, SEA-CVG, SEA-CLE, SEA-BDL, SEA-JAX, and/or SEA-ORF nonstop service this year?


SEA-ORF could conceivably work with the naval connections between Norfolk and Bremerton and whatever other o/d traffic there is to be had. I'd like to see them give it a shot at some point. CLE, CLT and CVG will probably be added at some point, but I doubt they're high on the priority list. I read somewhere around here that BDL is lobbying for AS to begin service there, but I think they'd have to provide a pretty sweet incentives package to get them to bite. SEA-JAX will probably never happen. In any case, I'd be surprised to see any of these launched this coming year--AS' hands are simply too full right now defending SEA and absorbing VX.

It does say a lot about SEA's growth in recent years that the top unserved markets for the airport aren't exactly ones that you'd consider glaring holes in the portfolio. You could arguably say the same on the international side.
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3425
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:34 pm

I know this is REALLY short notice but I just checked my email - the BOAC retro jet is en-route to SEA today, ETA 17:34. Of course it's the one day this week I can't get up there.... :hissyfit:
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 4975
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:06 am

gunsontheroof wrote:
jplatts wrote:
The top domestic destinations traveled to from SEA that aren't currently served nonstop from SEA include BDL, JAX, and ORF.

While F9 has less-than-daily seasonal nonstop service to CLE from SEA, the lack of nonstop service to SEA on a non-ULCC is a huge hole.

CLT and CVG are also two of the top U.S. destinations traveled to from SEA that aren't currently served by AS. AS would also be able to offer connections onto AA flights to small regional destinations in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic through CLT if AS adds SEA-CLT nonstop service.

Will AS announce SEA-CLT, SEA-CVG, SEA-CLE, SEA-BDL, SEA-JAX, and/or SEA-ORF nonstop service this year?


SEA-ORF could conceivably work with the naval connections between Norfolk and Bremerton and whatever other o/d traffic there is to be had. I'd like to see them give it a shot at some point. CLE, CLT and CVG will probably be added at some point, but I doubt they're high on the priority list. I read somewhere around here that BDL is lobbying for AS to begin service there, but I think they'd have to provide a pretty sweet incentives package to get them to bite. SEA-JAX will probably never happen. In any case, I'd be surprised to see any of these launched this coming year--AS' hands are simply too full right now defending SEA and absorbing VX.

AS is slowing growth at the moment and concentrating on developing existing routes. I would be surprised if we see any new destinations this year.

It does say a lot about SEA's growth in recent years that the top unserved markets for the airport aren't exactly ones that you'd consider glaring holes in the portfolio. You could arguably say the same on the international side.
 
717atOGG
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:40 pm

OAG updates week of 3/17:

AM MEX-SEA JUN 1.0>2[1.0] JUL 1.0>2[1.0] AUG 1.0>2[1.0]
DL CVG-SEA MAY 0.5>0.9[0.7] SEP 0.7>0.9[0.7]
DL MCI-SEA MAY 0.7>1.0[0]
DL MSP-PSC DEC 1.6>1.1[1.0]
M5 BFI-ESD APR 0.5>1.5[1.5] MAY 0.5>2[1.9] JUN 0.5>2[2] JUL 0.5>3[2] AUG 0.5>3[2] SEP 0.5>2[2] OCT 0.5>1.4[1.7] NOV 0.5>1.0[1.2] DEC 0.5>1.0[1.5]
M5 BFI-FRD APR 1.0>1.5[1.5] MAY 1.0>2[1.9] JUN 1.0>3[3] JUL 1.0>3[3] AUG 1.0>3[3] SEP 1.0>2[2] OCT 1.0>2[1.7] NOV 1.0>2[1.2] DEC 1.0>2[1.5]
M5 CXH-LKE APR 0>1.5[0] MAY 0>1.5[0] JUN 0>1.3[0.8] JUL 0>1.5[0.7] AUG 0>1.4[0.9] SEP 0>1.4[0.5]
M5 ESD-FRD APR 1.0>2[2] MAY 1.0>3[2] JUN 1.0>3[2] JUL 1.0>3[2] AUG 1.0>3[2] SEP 1.0>3[3] OCT 1.0>1.9[2] NOV 1.0>1.5[1.5] DEC 1.0>1.5[2]
M5 KEH-LKE APR 0>0.4[3] MAY 0>0.4[3] JUN 0>0.3[0.5] SEP 0>0.4[0.5]
NK LAS-SEA NOV 1.5>3[3] DEC 0>1.5[3]
WN BOI-GEG OCT 0.1>1.7[1.5]
WN BWI-SEA OCT 0.0>0.9[0.7]
WN DEN-GEG OCT 0.1>2[2]
WN DEN-SEA OCT 0.1>5[4] NOV 0>0.3[4]
WN GEG-LAS OCT 0.1>2[2]
WN GEG-OAK OCT 0.1>2[2]
WN GEG-SAN OCT 0.0>1.0[0]
WN GEG-SJC OCT 0.0>0.9[1.0]
WN LAS-SEA OCT 0.1>3[3]
WN MDW-SEA OCT 0.1>1.9[2]
WN OAK-SEA OCT 0.2>7[6] NOV 0>0.4[6]
WN PHX-SEA OCT 0.1>4[4] NOV 0>0.3[3]
WN SEA-SJC OCT 0.2>4[5] NOV 0>0.3[4]
WN SEA-SMF OCT 0.2>5[5] NOV 0>0.3[5]

Notes:
-AM is adding a second daily SEA-MEX flight for the summer. Perhaps the cancellation of PDX improved their performance in SEA, since their LFs have been nothing to write home about. The timing isn't terribly well-suited for connections on either end though, so I'm interested to see how well this will do.
Long live the Boeing 757!
 
717atOGG
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:26 pm

DL is expanding its A220 presence at SEA; the type will fly 3x/day SEA-LAX for the Christmas season, then it'll do 6x/day SEA-SFO and 1x/day SEA-SLC, starting early January 2020.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... rk-in-w19/
Long live the Boeing 757!
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 4975
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:46 pm

717atOGG wrote:
DL is expanding its A220 presence at SEA; the type will fly 3x/day SEA-LAX for the Christmas season, then it'll do 6x/day SEA-SFO and 1x/day SEA-SLC, starting early January 2020.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... rk-in-w19/


Is this in addition to the SEA-SJC A220 service starting near the end of July? I guess that means farewell to the 717's.
 
717atOGG
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:06 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
717atOGG wrote:
DL is expanding its A220 presence at SEA; the type will fly 3x/day SEA-LAX for the Christmas season, then it'll do 6x/day SEA-SFO and 1x/day SEA-SLC, starting early January 2020.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... rk-in-w19/


Is this in addition to the SEA-SJC A220 service starting near the end of July? I guess that means farewell to the 717's.

Although schedules aren't reliable this far out, it does look to be in addition to the SJC flight, which will increase from 2 to 3 daily flights operated by the A220. And all the 717 routes (SFO, PHX, DEN, etc.) are on 737/A220/A320 equipment in January, so the type going away from SEA could very well be the case, but we'll see what happens.
Long live the Boeing 757!
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3425
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:41 pm

Several new services starting this weekend at SEA

JL to NRT March 31 - 787
CX to HKG March 31 (arrival from HKG) April 1 (departure to HKG) - A350
DL to KIX April 1st - 767
 
N174UA
Posts: 1010
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:30 am

ER757 wrote:
Several new services starting this weekend at SEA

JL to NRT March 31 - 787
CX to HKG March 31 (arrival from HKG) April 1 (departure to HKG) - A350
DL to KIX April 1st - 767


Not quite as exciting as these, but UA starts PSC-LAX on Sunday, with an E-175,
 
717atOGG
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:45 pm

The first CX flight back is about halfway to HKG as of 7:45 am, and DL is beginning SEA-KIX today. There was a cake and a speech for the JL inaugural, and a speech for CX AFAIK. I'm not yet sure what ceremonies, if any, will be done for DL. Also, I was able to get some pictures of the inaugural JL flight landing in SEA; I'll post them here when I get a chance.
Long live the Boeing 757!
 
717atOGG
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:21 pm

Here's some photos of JAL from yesterday on final approach to runway 34R, making a parallel approach with a DL/CZ E-175.

Image
Image
Long live the Boeing 757!
 
717atOGG
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Washington State Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:13 am

OAG updates week of 3/31:

AA ORD-SEA AUG 5>6[5] SEP 5>6[5] OCT 5>6[5] NOV 5>6[4] DEC 5>6[4] JAN 5>6[3]
DL CVG-SEA JAN 1.0>0.6[0.5]

Notes:
-None, this was a pretty quiet week for WA.
Long live the Boeing 757!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos