master14225

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:25 am

AA should add PHX-YYC again because YYC is a bigger market than YEG and if PHX-YEG works for AA, PHX-YYC can work year round as PHX could also be used as a transfer hub too.

CACTUSrider11 wrote:
master14225 wrote:
It surprises me that AA serves PHX-YEG but not PHX-YYC. I was expecting that Calgary being a sister city of Phoenix, AA should consider serving YYC from PHX.

AA served PHX-YYC back a few years ago. They ended the service around Mid-2016.

MrPeanut

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:54 am

777PHX

Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:06 am

Coming from the dumpster fire that is STL with Lambert, Sky Harbor really is one of the best run airports in the country and the new T3 is gorgeous.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:48 am

That's really, really nicely done. Hopefully they can manage a T4 facelift in the next few years to bring it up to that standard — it's pushing 30 years old and could really use an upgrade. If/when all concourses look like that, PHX has to be in the running for the best looking airport in the US.

chrisair

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:17 am

master14225 wrote:
It surprises me that AA serves PHX-YEG but not PHX-YYC. I was expecting that Calgary being a sister city of Phoenix, AA should consider serving YYC from PHX.

I’m in Calgary 4-6 times a year and I had no idea that Phoenix was a sister city of Calgary.

I’d love for the flight to come back, if for no other reason than flying north was amazing people watching. The amount of Canadians that were cherry red from sun burns sustained on the Mexico beaches, Phoenix or Hawaii was priceless. That flight used to be routed SJD-PHX-YYC.

INFINITI329

Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:46 am

Would it make sense to move the FIS from T4 to the T3 South extension? I was thinking to make at least 10 gates FIS capable (not dedicated) with 2 being dedicated widebody gates. AA may not like the idea but it would beneficial to more carriers overall.

Will T3 North be demolition and rebuild or a gut and renovation?

BigPlaneGuy13

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:00 am

Here is a gallery that showcases more of the terminal.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/slideshows/photos-first-look-at-brand-new-terminal-at-phoenix-sky/collection_e971f780-12ac-11e9-bfd5-cfb222cdc63b.html

Delta's lounge looks incredible. I'm a bit surprised to see it, however, given their operation out of Phoenix. Perhaps they will keep growing?

The one downside I found while scouring these photos - from my observations it doesn't appear the bench seating has power outlets.

TripleA

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:12 am

The new concourse looks nice! So I suppose after the north T3 concourse is remodeled T2 will close?

cm642

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:38 am

atcsundevil wrote:
That's really, really nicely done. Hopefully they can manage a T4 facelift in the next few years to bring it up to that standard — it's pushing 30 years old and could really use an upgrade. If/when all concourses look like that, PHX has to be in the running for the best looking airport in the US.

This 100%, I hope they do the same or at least something similar to "DFW's TRIP," but would love to see them renovate the interior as well as exterior to make it look more modern like SFO's Boarding Area E and Terminal 2. At least make all the concourses more cohesive since the two D concourses are all over the place with their architectural/design styles. The most recent one has a Frank Lloyd Wright inspired feel to it and the upcoming and final concourse is doing a complete 180 and has completely modern feel, you know just tie it all together and make it more balanced and harmonious!

INFINITI329 wrote:
Would it make sense to move the FIS from T4 to the T3 South extension? I was thinking to make at least 10 gates FIS capable (not dedicated) with 2 being dedicated widebody gates. AA may not like the idea but it would beneficial to more carriers overall.

Will T3 North be demolition and rebuild or a gut and renovation?

T3 North will be a gut and reno!

wn676

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:53 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:

That would create an operational nightmare for AA, forcing them to term and tow aircraft all the way back over to T4 for departures, among other things. And while the passengers do have to re-clear TSA regardless, it would add significant travel time compared to the existing arrangement for connecting itineraries, increasing a scheduling constraint, and driving down revenue.

The city would be insane to do that to their largest tenant.

Adding a second FIS would make more sense, although doing it at T3 with the structure already built poses other challenges; they’d be much better off with a clean-sheet design (i.e. West Terminal).
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

AABB777

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:42 pm

BigPlaneGuy13 wrote:
Here is a gallery that showcases more of the terminal.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/slideshows/photos-first-look-at-brand-new-terminal-at-phoenix-sky/collection_e971f780-12ac-11e9-bfd5-cfb222cdc63b.html

Delta's lounge looks incredible. I'm a bit surprised to see it, however, given their operation out of Phoenix. Perhaps they will keep growing?

The one downside I found while scouring these photos - from my observations it doesn't appear the bench seating has power outlets.

Agree, the new Delta Sky Club looks great. As someone who travels through PHX frequently on AA, I’m very jealous of the airport experience DL pax will now have at PHX vs AA pax.

airzona11

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:11 pm

They did such an amazing job. While T4 is old, the floor renovations have been nice and the food options compensate. Great job PHX!

alasizon

Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:40 pm

MrPeanut wrote:
alasizon wrote:
cm642 wrote:

I'm just going off the last plan I heard of in the 2018 thread a few months back before they announced the demolition, they could've changed it and that could also be the case!
MrPeanut wrote:
According to the article, T2 airlines move after completion of the T3N renovation.

I'm pretty sure at least one of the T2 carriers is moving into T3S upon opening or shortly their after. I can't recall if its AS or NK

Sun Country moved from T2 to T3 last month. Maybe this is what you are thinking of?

The initial opening will only have 10 gates. Assuming DL uses 6 gates, then that leaves 4 gates for HA, B6, F9, and SY. I don’t think there would be enough room for AS or NK. We will find out shortly.

DL was moved in last night but as of this afternoon, F9 was still in T3N (gate 20).
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner

treebeard787

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:59 am

HA will be in the new concourse starting tonight with the arrival of HA36. B6 looks to make the move with tomorrows flights, tonight they are still at T3N.
Allons-y!

AA321T

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:40 am

BigPlaneGuy13 wrote:

The bench seats look the same as the new one in CLT. They have USB and outlets under the armrests towards the back and wireless chargers built into the armrests.

wetpantsmcgee

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:14 am

East Cargo has been re-striped to accommodate up to 14 RONs, including HA's 330 (19 if you add in the commuter spaces). Might be time to change the name of East Cargo.
Last edited by wetpantsmcgee on Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

wetpantsmcgee

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:16 am

AA321T wrote:
BigPlaneGuy13 wrote:

The bench seats look the same as the new one in CLT. They have USB and outlets under the armrests towards the back and wireless chargers built into the armrests.

I can confirm this info. Most (not all) of the bench seats have USB and power sockets in between. The blue lighting from the ports is quite noticeable.

alasizon

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:30 am

wetpantsmcgee wrote:
East Cargo has been re-striped to accommodate up to 14 RONs, including HA's 330 (19 if you add in the commuter spaces). Might be time to change the name of East Cargo.

Simultaneously? I don't see how unless they moved everything to be facing E/W instead of N/S.

wetpantsmcgee

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:31 am

alasizon wrote:
wetpantsmcgee wrote:

Simultaneously? I don't see how unless they moved everything to be facing E/W instead of N/S.

Looking at the map, it's actually 20 spots total.

The five commuter spots are A-E, south side is F-J, north side is K-Q, and then the old 6, 7 and 8.

Spot K is reserved for the A330.

kearnet

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:35 am

wetpantsmcgee wrote:
AA321T wrote:
BigPlaneGuy13 wrote:

I can confirm this info. Most (not all) of the bench seats have USB and power sockets in between. The blue lighting from the ports is quite noticeable.

I hope they hold up better then outlets/usb ports in the chairs/couches outside the T3 security checkpoint. Despite not being that old, every single one has been worn to the point that you don’t get any power, except for the one you have hold in (quite firmly) for the pins to make contact.
C402 9K | B1900D US | ATR72 AA | DHC8 US | CRJ2 US | E175 UA | E190 B6 | D93 US | M88 US/AA | 732 US | 733 US/WN | 734 US | 73G WN | B738 FJ/QF | B752 US/AA | B762 DL | B772 UA | B77W EK | F28 US | F100 US | A319 US | A320 B6 | A332 FJ | A380 EK

alasizon

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:02 pm

wetpantsmcgee wrote:
alasizon wrote:
wetpantsmcgee wrote:

Looking at the map, it's actually 20 spots total.

The five commuter spots are A-E, south side is F-J, north side is K-Q, and then the old 6, 7 and 8.

Spot K is reserved for the A330.

I drove by last night and saw the rearrangement but now the question is, where do the charter 747s park when they come in or the C130s during their visits throughout the year.

INFINITI329

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:56 pm

wn676 wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:

That would create an operational nightmare for AA, forcing them to term and tow aircraft all the way back over to T4 for departures, among other things. And while the passengers do have to re-clear TSA regardless, it would add significant travel time compared to the existing arrangement for connecting itineraries, increasing a scheduling constraint, and driving down revenue.

Adding a second FIS would make more sense, although doing it at T3 with the structure already built poses other challenges; they’d be much better off with a clean-sheet design (i.e. West Terminal).

Operational nightmare may be a stretch many airlines at other airports deplane at the FIS and tow to departure gates all the time. It may be a headache for AA & WN but it doable. If i think if the city would offer this idea they would have to offer shuttle bus service from T3 to T4 with pax being rescreened in T3 and bags rechecked at T3 with their respective airline. (International airlines would relocate to T3)... I know this sounds like alot but the current FIS situation is unsustainable and doesn't leave any room for growth. I doubt CBP would spilt such a small operation.

alasizon

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:15 am

INFINITI329 wrote:
wn676 wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:

Operational nightmare may be a stretch many airlines at other airports deplane at the FIS and tow to departure gates all the time. It may be a headache for AA & WN but it doable. If i think if the city would offer this idea they would have to offer shuttle bus service from T3 to T4 with pax being rescreened in T3 and bags rechecked at T3 with their respective airline. (International airlines would relocate to T3)... I know this sounds like alot but the current FIS situation is unsustainable and doesn't leave any room for growth. I doubt CBP would spilt such a small operation.

As I recall, part of the new ALP proposals included the FIS being redesigned if it remains in S4 or a brand new one in T3 but those proposals included AA & OAs moving from T4 to a new expanded T3N. After the most recent updates to the FIS, they can easily handle 1000 pax/hour or more. The limiting factor is ramp space.

cathay747

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:23 pm

A little GYR update prompted by the thread "Is retirement imminent for HA 767 fleet?" with info posted there and two of my responses, one from moments ago...

Somebody in-the-know posted this...

"588, 590, 592 went to UA. Surprised UA didn’t take the other four, assuming they were available. New regs are N684, 685, 686UA. 684 is in HKG for conversion/induction and other two stored at GYR for the time being."

I replied to above...

"Thanks to you as well for this info! I flew on both 588 & 590 back in Dec. 2016 PHX/HNL/PHX and nice to see they were among the 3 bought by UA. I knew588/684 was in HKG already, the HNL Rarebirds site reported it going from GYR over there, via SFO! I guess to maybe get some equipment from the UA MOC? Anyway, now I want to drive over to GYR to see the other bird, had no idea they were stored over there!"

This is my update from today...

"Just drove by GYR and there are now FOUR HA 763's parked...two out on the "flight line" and two over by the hangar. I presume two of these four are 590/685 and 592/686 destined for UA, having done whatever they're doing to them before going to HKG like 588/684, and I'm thinking it's the two at the hangar as it seems to me from what I've seen historically that most of the aircraft out on the field are doomed; most are parted out. In fact, one of the two HA 763's out there has their name painted over and a black band over most of Pualani's face, and both with engine cowls open looking like they're getting ready to remove the engines. Three of the four still have liveries fully intact."
Try a Little VC-10derness

cm642

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:40 am

Just out of curiosity does anyone know if United will be opening a new United Club in the remodeled north concourse?

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:13 am

cm642 wrote:
Just out of curiosity does anyone know if United will be opening a new United Club in the remodeled north concourse?

They will be.

futureatp

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:36 am

After not being able to find what I need in a google search, I thought I would turn my attention to this thread as I assume someone might know:

I need to know what the vehicle roof height limit is for the t-4 parking garage. My wife and kids are flying into PHX for a visit with grandma next month. Since I have to bring some items down from the Midwest, I myself will be driving down before hand and will be picking them up. I do not want to wait in the cell lot and pull up curbside to pick them up. I am familiar with everything thing else about the terminal I want to greet them at the security gate and take them to bag claim where there should be at least 4 items at bag claim. Kids too young to help and don't want to worry about the wife getting stressed finding right locations. My pickup is a Chevy 2500HD 4x4 and it sits a bit higher than a normal Chevy 1500 4x4 does. For planning purposes I am curious to see if it will fit. I think it needs a 7ft clearance. Anyway, if someone could tell me what the roof height limit is or if they have seen Chevy 2500 (or similar Ford F250 or Ram 2500 4x4) trucks in the garage I would greatly appreciate it.

I do know I can just park in the east lot and take the tram, but I would like to be a little closer than that if possible.

Thank you in advance.

Vctony

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:57 am

futureatp wrote:
After not being able to find what I need in a google search, I thought I would turn my attention to this thread as I assume someone might know:

I need to know what the vehicle roof height limit is for the t-4 parking garage. My wife and kids are flying into PHX for a visit with grandma next month. Since I have to bring some items down from the Midwest, I myself will be driving down before hand and will be picking them up. I do not want to wait in the cell lot and pull up curbside to pick them up. I am familiar with everything thing else about the terminal I want to greet them at the security gate and take them to bag claim where there should be at least 4 items at bag claim. Kids too young to help and don't want to worry about the wife getting stressed finding right locations. My pickup is a Chevy 2500HD 4x4 and it sits a bit higher than a normal Chevy 1500 4x4 does. For planning purposes I am curious to see if it will fit. I think it needs a 7ft clearance. Anyway, if someone could tell me what the roof height limit is or if they have seen Chevy 2500 (or similar Ford F250 or Ram 2500 4x4) trucks in the garage I would greatly appreciate it.

I do know I can just park in the east lot and take the tram, but I would like to be a little closer than that if possible.

Thank you in advance.

There's an oversize vehicle short term lot on the East side of Terminal 4. It's within walking distance of the terminal entrance (so no SkyTrain ride is needed).

alasizon

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:09 am

futureatp wrote:

Thank you in advance.

T4 Garage height is quoted as 6' 10" as I recall (I park there every day). That being said, I've taken a few Ford vans through there without any issue. I'd definitely recommend the oversize lot though.

Osubuckeyes

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:21 am

Anyone have any experience with TSA lines this week? Any significant delays due to call outs?

alasizon

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:54 am

Osubuckeyes wrote:
Anyone have any experience with TSA lines this week? Any significant delays due to call outs?

Its been pretty smooth sailing. The fact its a lower demand period certainly helps. B and C may close down some lanes a little earlier but that shouldn't be an issue.

cathay747

Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:49 pm

So now with T3S opened, and HA having moved there, on the days I've looked at FLIFO I see that they've been using gate F10 every time. Is that the only gate that was sized for widebody ops? And having not seen any exterior pics of the new F concourse, does it have dual jetways?

And speaking of dual jetways, has there ever been any plan to install a 2nd for B25 which BA uses (it's B25, right?) so it would be dual? Or is there a space-constraint which prevents this possibility?

chrisair

Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:49 pm

Osubuckeyes wrote:

No issues at T2 on 1/14 or 1/8. No issues at T4-D when I dropped a friend off 1/14 at 730a.

cathay747 wrote:
So now with T3S opened, and HA having moved there, on the days I've looked at FLIFO I see that they've been using gate F10 every time. Is that the only gate that was sized for widebody ops? And having not seen any exterior pics of the new F concourse, does it have dual jetways?

I haven't noticed dual jetways at any gates in PHX.

wn676

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:04 pm

cathay747 wrote:

And speaking of dual jetways, has there ever been any plan to install a 2nd for B25 which BA uses (it's B25, right?) so it would be dual? Or is there a space-constraint which prevents this possibility?

I haven’t personally seen F but do not recall plans to have dual jetbridges there or at N4.

While I won’t say it will never happen, adding bridges for the sole purpose of dual loading is hard to justify. They do make sense, however, for MARS layouts (multiple aircraft ramp system, or 2-for-1 gates) where each bridge can serve a different lead-in line for smaller aircraft and also be used to service a single larger aircraft, or for larger international facilities that handle more premium-heavy aircraft.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

777PHX

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:07 pm

I don't see a need for dual jetways. Certainly not for a handful of flights/day that could actually benefit from it.

cathay747

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:00 pm

wn676 wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

I haven’t personally seen F but do not recall plans to have dual jetbridges there or at N4.

While I won’t say it will never happen, adding bridges for the sole purpose of dual loading is hard to justify. They do make sense, however, for MARS layouts (multiple aircraft ramp system, or 2-for-1 gates) where each bridge can serve a different lead-in line for smaller aircraft and also be used to service a single larger aircraft, or for larger international facilities that handle more premium-heavy aircraft.

Oh I'm sure hard to justify; I'm sure BA would love it, until they're told they'd have to pay for it!!

alasizon

Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:53 am

cathay747 wrote:
wn676 wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

Oh I'm sure hard to justify; I'm sure BA would love it, until they're told they'd have to pay for it!!

F10 does not have dual jetways, everything on T3S is single. I believe there are 2 A330 capable gates with F3 or F4 being the other one.

As far as dual jetways for B23/B25, it doesn't benefit them much to have them since the deplaning process is relatively slow due to having to take the escalator down to customs right away (people slow down to gather themselves before entering the escalator). Also ramp space wise there would be some issues if they did it on B25 (the second jetway would be in the way of the nose of B23).

1337Delta764

Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:00 am

Isn't HA moving back to T3N when construction is finished? At least that is what I understood.
Yes, I wear Fairy Tale Pink IZOD shirts. I am a real man.

alasizon

Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:34 am

1337Delta764 wrote:
Isn't HA moving back to T3N when construction is finished? At least that is what I understood.

That was the most recent plan, but I've heard concerns about T3N utilization in the AM if HA were to move back. If HA doesn't move back, they can probably end up adding another gate to T3N.

cathay747

Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:16 pm

alasizon wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
wn676 wrote:

F10 does not have dual jetways, everything on T3S is single. I believe there are 2 A330 capable gates with F3 or F4 being the other one.

As far as dual jetways for B23/B25, it doesn't benefit them much to have them since the deplaning process is relatively slow due to having to take the escalator down to customs right away (people slow down to gather themselves before entering the escalator). Also ramp space wise there would be some issues if they did it on B25 (the second jetway would be in the way of the nose of B23).

Thanks for the info on T3S. And while I didn't know about the slow deplaning issue with B23/25, a dual would sure speed up boarding! However, that being said, I figured ramp space would probably be a deterrent.

PHX Flyer

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:05 pm

Here is a nice walk-through video of the new T3 south concourse, posted by the local ABC channel on FB.
I was fearing for some provincial interior design after I got to see the barren check-in area last year, but this looks really nice. Chapeau!
"Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes forever skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." -Leonardo Da Vinci

cathay747

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:43 pm

Boy, HA035 took a huge delay today (Mon 21JAN), didn't block out until 1513...FLIFO shows "MX-TP/INTL" I know MX means maintenance but I don't understand the rest of their FLIFO coding, anybody know what the TP/INTL means after MX?

travaz

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:52 am

TP ‐Stocked Part: Delay due to
unavailability of parts planned
in station's inventory.
This is from UA flifo codes. Couldn't find INTL HNL wouldn't be an international flight.

http://crewroom.alpa.org/ual/DesktopMod ... ntID=48722

cathay747

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:02 pm

travaz wrote:
TP ‐Stocked Part: Delay due to
unavailability of parts planned
in station's inventory.
This is from UA flifo codes. Couldn't find INTL HNL wouldn't be an international flight.

http://crewroom.alpa.org/ual/DesktopMod ... ntID=48722

Thanks; and yeah, the INTL is what really threw me, makes no sense. Must be something unique to HAL. Of course we're presuming here that TP is the same at HAL as UAL.

And that's quite a document from UA; damn, you could wind up adding 10mins. to a delay just trying to determine which code to use LOL

MO11

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:02 pm

In early March, HA36 moves up to an 8pm arrival; coupled with an 8am departure for HA35, it looks like the crew will now turn the airplane, rather than stick around for 32 hours. No room for a late arrival on HA36 without delaying the outbound.

777PHX

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:19 pm

I love the timing of that flight. Redeyes from Hawaii suck ass.

MO11

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:16 pm

777PHX wrote:

Absolutely, but now you have to leave the neighbor islands very early.

cathay747

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:35 pm

MO11 wrote:
In early March, HA36 moves up to an 8pm arrival; coupled with an 8am departure for HA35, it looks like the crew will now turn the airplane, rather than stick around for 32 hours. No room for a late arrival on HA36 without delaying the outbound.

Sure enough...effective 10MAR in the GDS. You're quite right, too...no fudge factor on rest time if that crew is intended to turn overnight, because effective the same date, HA035 actually is going earlier at 0730! Yikes!

cathay747

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:41 pm

MO11 wrote:
777PHX wrote:

Absolutely, but now you have to leave the neighbor islands very early.

Agreed with 777PHX...I have always hated Hawaii-Mainland red-eyes too, which is why I will always stick with HA.

And yes, rather early, but not too hideous...0837 from OGG, 0923 from LIH, 0832 from KOA...could be worse. Being an early riser, I'd rather get in here earlier and that way not get home to our house at 2330 or later.

kearnet

Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Having some time to kill today before work, I took a lap around see what I could see of the T3 progress. It's looking like the first level is almost done now that the escalater directly down for arrivals to baggage claim is open. seems there's just few punch list items (finishing up baggage claim offices) left before it's wrapped up.

One thing I did find odd is that I noticed on both the T4 and T3 sky train platforms were signs stating "Keep your event programs in your carry on", any idea what that is about?
C402 9K | B1900D US | ATR72 AA | DHC8 US | CRJ2 US | E175 UA | E190 B6 | D93 US | M88 US/AA | 732 US | 733 US/WN | 734 US | 73G WN | B738 FJ/QF | B752 US/AA | B762 DL | B772 UA | B77W EK | F28 US | F100 US | A319 US | A320 B6 | A332 FJ | A380 EK

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos