Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

stasisLAX

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:40 am

kearnet wrote:
The simple solution is to make the 44th st station the Uber/Lyft point.

I honestly don’t know why more people don’t use it instead of jockeying for a spot at the terminals.

:checkmark: :checkmark: I just used 44th Street Airtrain station a few weeks ago and it was smooth sailing. Lyft picked me up with a few minutes and there was plenty of police presence there at 10pm on a Saturday night keeping things calm.

chrisair

Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:13 am

Flew out on AS the other day and one of the agents said the move to T3N will be January 9. That seems rather soon, but when we landed today it appeared to be done and ready for action.

PhilMcCrackin wrote:
I don't know why they don't just pass the fee on to the customers like they always do.

They do, and I don’t have any problem paying the fee (well work can pay it most of the time). However, make everyone pay the same fee. Whether it’s $4 each way or $2.95 or whatever. There’s no reason that ride shares aren’t being charged the same rate as taxis or VV.

Besides, this will end up in court before Feb 1. An injunction will come down and this will get overturned.

alasizon

Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:08 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
I wonder, is AC still moving to T3N? I haven't seen it mentioned in any recent news article.

Still the plan and it can't come soon enough from a gating perspective (not only are they chronically late but they take forever and a day to turn the aircraft causing further delays with other international flights holding for the gates, not uncommon to see them take over an hour to turn a CR9 or 321). Not sure if the media is really aware but their move date is still sometime in March.

wn676

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:48 am

1337Delta764 wrote:
I wonder, is AC still moving to T3N? I haven't seen it mentioned in any recent news article.

Yes, they still are. I believe the tentative plan is to have them primarily operating on the end gates.

formeraa

Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:04 pm

Just as an update to SuperShuttle discontinuing van shuttle service to/from PHX Airport... The van drivers are trying to resurrect the service on their own...called "The Original Blue Van Shuttle" or something similar. They are targeting to start by Feb 1. I hope this works out...Uber/Lyft are not always the greatest option.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:42 pm

Please continue in next year's discussion.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1437925