Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MO11

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:35 am

chepos wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
Well this week's OAG update was interesting, B6 doubles BOS-PHX-BOS and AA ending PHX-BWI 2daily, I wonder if this is a misfile or something else in the works with those 2 spare AC

PHX-BWI is currently 1 daily redeye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no spare airplanes....

PHX-BWI goes to 2 flights Dec4-17, then back to one, then ends on Jan6. The schedule that's loaded shows it coming back on Feb1 with one flight, then two on Feb13 until the service ends. That looks like a MAX adjustment to me, but I don't think the Jan7 schedule is quite baked yet.

Vctony wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if PHX-EWR also meets the axe eventually.

That's never going to happen. Maybe if the LGA perimeter rule goes away....

BA744PHX

Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:36 am

chepos wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
Well this week's OAG update was interesting, B6 doubles BOS-PHX-BOS and AA ending PHX-BWI 2daily, I wonder if this is a misfile or something else in the works with those 2 spare AC

PHX-BWI is currently 1 daily redeye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From 02/13 its twice daily before being cut

stasisLAX

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:47 am

Does PHX have any A220 service yet? I just noticed that SLC has at least Delta A220 service.

cathay747

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:10 pm

JSX starts their new PHX-OAK route Thursday. I flew them roundtrip to LAS a month ago...SWEET operation! Only way to fly from now on for me when going to LAS. I HIGHLY recommend them!!!

Would use them to the LA area too except that unfortunately they picked BUR to fly to from PHX and our friends live in LGB so no way; if only they'd done SNA instead! Doubt I'd use the new OAK route either as our friends live in SFO so it's too much hassle getting to/from OAK.

colemcandrew

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:21 am

cathay747 wrote:
JSX starts their new PHX-OAK route Thursday. I flew them roundtrip to LAS a month ago...SWEET operation! Only way to fly from now on for me when going to LAS. I HIGHLY recommend them!!!

Would use them to the LA area too except that unfortunately they picked BUR to fly to from PHX and our friends live in LGB so no way; if only they'd done SNA instead! Doubt I'd use the new OAK route either as our friends live in SFO so it's too much hassle getting to/from OAK.

100% agree! We took PHX-LAS round trip just to enjoy vacation for a couple days, and arriving 20 minutes before your flight, not going through security, all that stuff saves such a hassle! Those little E135s are super comfy and perfect planes for the job aswell!

colemcandrew

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:28 am

stasisLAX wrote:
Does PHX have any A220 service yet? I just noticed that SLC has at least Delta A220 service.

No, we do not. I don't see us getting to unless it was on SLC, but im no expert when it comes to this type of stuff.

Ishrion

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:41 am

stasisLAX wrote:

SLC is a Delta hub so it would make sense to have some A220s there? Not sure how it compares to PHX...

cathay747

Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:10 pm

colemcandrew wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

100% agree! We took PHX-LAS round trip just to enjoy vacation for a couple days, and arriving 20 minutes before your flight, not going through security, all that stuff saves such a hassle! Those little E135s are super comfy and perfect planes for the job aswell!

Well, I wouldn't say "super" comfy, but for JSX's mostly-short hops (OAK-BFI being their longest) they're fine...they do in fact have "business class legroom" as advertised which was GREAT, but they're still 1st Gen. Embraer's with the standard 1x2 config. you'd find on any regional airline, so the seats are narrow/tight! Even if traveling with someone, I'd still recommend sitting on the left side in the single seats so you don't feel so squished. Not JSX's fault, that's just how the airplane is and doing 1x1 would be plain untenable from an economic standpoint.

One thing I forgot to mention is that on my flight from PHX to LAS, the ship was N261JX, and to my utter surprise, it had a plug type forward door with no integral stairs as is normal on E-135's/140's/145's. Even the safety card was specially done saying "PLUG DOOR" on the front. I never knew this was an option on those types. And this wasn't originally a biz jet...it was built for/initially delivered to ExpressJet...so it does seem that it's an option for airlines. Surprised the hell outta me! Reminds me of how Fokker had to design that option specifically for AA with the F-100.

I hope that given their ties to B6 that their MX is top-notch because their birds are long-in-the-tooth! We're talking around 18+ years, so I can only imagine the # of cycles on them. I'll give them this...visually, both exterior and interior, they look immaculate.

And man, on a 45min. wheels-up-to-wheels-down flight, that poor F/A had to work her butt off to get a drink and snack served to all 30 of us (full flight going to LAS)!! Was nice having a free Bloody Mary!

cathay747

Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:13 pm

Ishrion wrote:
stasisLAX wrote:

SLC is a Delta hub so it would make sense to have some A220s there? Not sure how it compares to PHX...

IIRC methinks I read something where DL was going to op some 220s at SLC but I forget on what routes. So we might get one here eventually...doesn't DL currently run a 717 on at least one or two freqs. between here and SLC?

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:42 pm

cathay747 wrote:
One thing I forgot to mention is that on my flight from PHX to LAS, the ship was N261JX, and to my utter surprise, it had a plug type forward door with no integral stairs as is normal on E-135's/140's/145's. Even the safety card was specially done saying "PLUG DOOR" on the front. I never knew this was an option on those types. And this wasn't originally a biz jet...it was built for/initially delivered to ExpressJet...so it does seem that it's an option for airlines. Surprised the hell outta me! Reminds me of how Fokker had to design that option specifically for AA with the F-100.

None of the ExpressJet fleet has/had stairs. CO wanted a seamless experience from mainline to express. "Stairs were for props."

alasizon

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:06 pm

cathay747 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
stasisLAX wrote:

IIRC methinks I read something where DL was going to op some 220s at SLC but I forget on what routes. So we might get one here eventually...doesn't DL currently run a 717 on at least one or two freqs. between here and SLC?

DL still operates up to 3x daily 717 from SLC depending on the season.

cathay747

Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:38 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

None of the ExpressJet fleet has/had stairs. CO wanted a seamless experience from mainline to express. "Stairs were for props."

Ah! Thanks, didn't know that! Were they the only ones to go with this option? I wonder if Embraer had designed this as an option from the outset or if they had to design it specifically for ExpressJet/CO.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:55 pm

cathay747 wrote:
Ah! Thanks, didn't know that! Were they the only ones to go with this option? I wonder if Embraer had designed this as an option from the outset or if they had to design it specifically for ExpressJet/CO.

I'm not sure, but I'm willing to guess it wasn't too common among other regionals. XJT was owned by Continental back in the day, and even after the sale, they were exclusive up until the merger, so Continental maintained a large degree of control. I assume that decision has led to some logistical complications over the years — even the new IAH B Terminal had to include stairs at every stand to accommodate (the old terminal had jetways). It probably got a bit complicated with IAD as well as more network integration took place, since the A concourse express gates have long relied on aircraft having their own stairs.

MO11

Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:21 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

I'm not sure, but I'm willing to guess it wasn't too common among other regionals. XJT was owned by Continental back in the day, and even after the sale, they were exclusive up until the merger....

Outside of the independent operation, ExpressJet was Delta Connection in 2007-08 (not a double code-share).

chrisair

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:12 pm

Landed last night on the A330 from CLT and was surprised to get gate B13. I didn't realize wide bodies could park at the low B gates. How many WB gates does AA have these days?

Looked like the BA 787 was running late at it was still being serviced when we landed at 10p.

cathay747 wrote:
I flew them roundtrip to LAS a month ago...SWEET operation! Only way to fly from now on for me when going to LAS.

I did the same a few weeks ago. Had a meeting on a Sunday night in LAS (BLAH!) and really wanted to get in and go straight to work. Took the afternoon flight that got me in an hour before my meeting and I was in an uber 10 minutes after landing and my hotel 20 minutes after landing. I WAS SOLD. Outbound from PHX is a wash for me with Clear and PreCheck, but man that whole arrive and be in an uber right away is really nice.

Nice operation. Hope they stick around. Though I wish I brought my Bose NCs for the flight. I forget how loud those older E135s are. After landing our FA thanked everyone for flying Southwest then said "hey, I've only been here a week. Old habits are hard to break!"

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:47 pm

MO11 wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

I'm not sure, but I'm willing to guess it wasn't too common among other regionals. XJT was owned by Continental back in the day, and even after the sale, they were exclusive up until the merger....

Outside of the independent operation, ExpressJet was Delta Connection in 2007-08 (not a double code-share).

By exclusive, what I was trying to say was that they were the only contracted carrier for Continental Express. Well, I guess for the most part.. I do seem to recall AWI did have a handful of CRJ2s for COEX, but I don't think it lasted long.

alasizon

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:30 pm

chrisair wrote:
Landed last night on the A330 from CLT and was surprised to get gate B13. I didn't realize wide bodies could park at the low B gates. How many WB gates does AA have these days?

A30 & B13 are both widebody capable plus B23 & B25 on the CoP side.

B13 closes B11 and A30 closes A26; B13 ends up getting used more because it doesn't close a 757 capable gate.

MO11

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:37 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
MO11 wrote:

By exclusive, what I was trying to say was that they were the only contracted carrier for Continental Express. Well, I guess for the most part.. I do seem to recall AWI did have a handful of CRJ2s for COEX, but I don't think it lasted long.

It was Chautauqua with CRJs at IAH, and ERJs in CLE, as Continental Connection. The CRJs were short-lived.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:18 pm

MO11 wrote:
It was Chautauqua with CRJs at IAH, and ERJs in CLE, as Continental Connection. The CRJs were short-lived.

That's right — there only about five of them, from what I can recall. It's amazing how large XJT's 145 operation was, so much so that Embraer created the XR for them. I suppose it made things consistent, if nothing else.

MO11

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:30 pm

Believe it or not, Chautauqua had 24 CRJs operating as Continental Connection. This was during the time that Continental had removed several XE airplanes from the Express contract.

kearnet

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:41 pm

According to the latest WSJ survey, PHX ranks number #1 airport in the US.

While these articles are subjective, I think they picked a fair choice of metrics to measure with. While PHX scores high for friendliest, and one of the fastest gate to runway scores, we are weak on International, and destinations amongst other factors.

Still nice to see we’re doing some good things.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-best-a ... 6exW1koVUI

cathay747

Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:16 pm

chrisair wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
I flew them roundtrip to LAS a month ago...SWEET operation! Only way to fly from now on for me when going to LAS.

I did the same a few weeks ago. Had a meeting on a Sunday night in LAS (BLAH!) and really wanted to get in and go straight to work. Took the afternoon flight that got me in an hour before my meeting and I was in an uber 10 minutes after landing and my hotel 20 minutes after landing. I WAS SOLD. Outbound from PHX is a wash for me with Clear and PreCheck, but man that whole arrive and be in an uber right away is really nice.

Nice operation. Hope they stick around. Though I wish I brought my Bose NCs for the flight. I forget how loud those older E135s are. After landing our FA thanked everyone for flying Southwest then said "hey, I've only been here a week. Old habits are hard to break!"

I hope they stick around too, because the other great thing is that if you're date/time flexible you can get a smokin' fare! I did my trip to LAS for a mere $178 ROUNDTRIP. In your face AA/WN!!

That's funny about the F/A!

colemcandrew

Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:19 am

kearnet wrote:

While these articles are subjective, I think they picked a fair choice of metrics to measure with. While PHX scores high for friendliest, and one of the fastest gate to runway scores, we are weak on International, and destinations amongst other factors.

I agree! Great that there’s lots of good things about PHX.

After some research, Air France could easily fill a weekly 330 to Paris CDG. Although i have seen their lack in US growth which makes sense why out of alll places PHX would portably be last. Anyways too bad we haven’t gotten anything big recently announced, although i’m very exited for Eurowings in 2020!

wave46

Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:27 pm

kearnet wrote:

I've always found PHX a pleasant airport. They do a good job of keeping things clean too. Even during the morning rush, I've only spend about 20 minutes in a TSA line in Terminal 4. For an airport that handles 40+ million passengers a year, it does a good job.

About the only complaint is that T4 gates B23-B28 get crowded with all the simultaneous departures to Canada mid-afternoon. Hopefully that will improve if Air Canada moves over to the refreshed Terminal 3.

I could see how locals would like more international destinations though.

BA744PHX

Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:49 pm

colemcandrew wrote:
kearnet wrote:

After some research, Air France could easily fill a weekly 330 to Paris CDG. Although i have seen their lack in US growth which makes sense why out of alll places PHX would portably be last. Anyways too bad we haven’t gotten anything big recently announced, although i’m very exited for Eurowings in 2020!

The 330-200 can easily fly CDG-PHX, PHX is now the biggest/largest city in the US without service to Paris. I wonder if this is something AA would consider in 2021? AF would be ideal just on a variety standpoint, but any service would be amazing!

*edit* PHX is also the largest city/airport without AMS service either. I mean look at AUS on how much service they picked up within a short period.

You would think Skyteam would have some presences as One World and Star have TATL flights

BA744PHX

Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:07 pm

In other news AA's PHX-COS will operate 3 daily from March 5 - April 6,

alasizon

Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:51 pm

wave46 wrote:
kearnet wrote:

I've always found PHX a pleasant airport. They do a good job of keeping things clean too. Even during the morning rush, I've only spend about 20 minutes in a TSA line in Terminal 4. For an airport that handles 40+ million passengers a year, it does a good job.

About the only complaint is that T4 gates B23-B28 get crowded with all the simultaneous departures to Canada mid-afternoon. Hopefully that will improve if Air Canada moves over to the refreshed Terminal 3.

I could see how locals would like more international destinations though.

AC will be moving to T3 but only really to make room for more Mexico and Europe flights. EW will add more traffic as will the increasing traffic to Mexico on both AA and Y4. N4 desperately needs to be converted to all FIS capable and common use but then you have to figure out a place for those nine AA gates on the concourse to go which there just isn't room for.

hz747300

Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:29 pm

alasizon wrote:
AC will be moving to T3 but only really to make room for more Mexico and Europe flights. EW will add more traffic as will the increasing traffic to Mexico on both AA and Y4. N4 desperately needs to be converted to all FIS capable and common use but then you have to figure out a place for those nine AA gates on the concourse to go which there just isn't room for.

When is that move to take place? I've booked YVR-PHX r/t on "Air Canada", technically a 767 operated by Omni Air International mid next month. It'd be cool to try T3 as it has been years.

mga707

Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:32 pm

hz747300 wrote:
alasizon wrote:

When is that move to take place? I've booked YVR-PHX r/t on "Air Canada", technically a 767 operated by Omni Air International mid next month. It'd be cool to try T3 as it has been years.

Not a Phoenician (120 miles SE), but my guess would be not until the T-3 expansion is finished.

alasizon

Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:27 pm

hz747300 wrote:
alasizon wrote:

Not till March when T3N re-opens. HA will move from T3S, AC from T4 and AS and UA from T2.

cathay747

Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:59 pm

alasizon wrote:
hz747300 wrote:
alasizon wrote:

Not till March when T3N re-opens. HA will move from T3S, AC from T4 and AS and UA from T2.

And do I recall it being said that SY & B6 will also go back to T3N and DL will remain in T3S? Is that the whole run-down?

alasizon

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:40 pm

cathay747 wrote:
alasizon wrote:
hz747300 wrote:

And do I recall it being said that SY & B6 will also go back to T3N and DL will remain in T3S? Is that the whole run-down?

I believe NK, F9, and B6 will be keeping DL company in T3S. SY has changed a few times because they can't make up their mind on what they want their schedule to be. They should be moving to T3N but that limits when they can have flights.

cm642

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:34 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
colemcandrew wrote:
kearnet wrote:

The 330-200 can easily fly CDG-PHX, PHX is now the biggest/largest city in the US without service to Paris. I wonder if this is something AA would consider in 2021? AF would be ideal just on a variety standpoint, but any service would be amazing!

*edit* PHX is also the largest city/airport without AMS service either. I mean look at AUS on how much service they picked up within a short period.

You would think Skyteam would have some presences as One World and Star have TATL flights

I wonder if AA started PHX-AMS/CDG they'd do it on a 788 since Vasu mentioned that the 787 is the aircraft they prefer to utilize when starting/opening new routes?

cathay747

Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:21 pm

alasizon wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
alasizon wrote:

I believe NK, F9, and B6 will be keeping DL company in T3S. SY has changed a few times because they can't make up their mind on what they want their schedule to be. They should be moving to T3N but that limits when they can have flights.

Great, thanks. And I forgot about NK.

hz747300

Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:33 am

alasizon wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
alasizon wrote:

Thanks--so it will be well after. Maybe next Christmas Vacation then.

Nonrevhell

Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:17 am

Got to fly the 788 from DFW-PHX on Saturday, late..but nice. Pax were kind of amazed that they were on such a big plane...

BA744PHX

Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:03 am

cm642 wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
colemcandrew wrote:

I wonder if AA started PHX-AMS/CDG they'd do it on a 788 since Vasu mentioned that the 787 is the aircraft they prefer to utilize when starting/opening new routes?

Ideally I would prefer AF/KL but for someone to serve it (not Norwegian) would be great.

I know Vasu mentioned PHX-LHR has been doing well for advanced bookings in J, I hope this is a good sign for future service

alasizon

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:22 am

BA744PHX wrote:
cm642 wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

Ideally I would prefer AF/KL but for someone to serve it (not Norwegian) would be great.

I know Vasu mentioned PHX-LHR has been doing well for advanced bookings in J, I hope this is a good sign for future service

FWIW, my understanding is the bookings have been strong across all classes, not just J. Also heard there are some companies that are making heavy use of the service with connections to SoCal and Bay Area to avoid the pain of LAX/SFO.

PhilMcCrackin

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:13 pm

Looks like IWA got an Omni 772ER today. I'm *guessing* it was another prisoner transfer from Hawaii, but two of Omni's three 77Es don't show up on trackers for some reason.

KRIC777

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:12 pm

PhilMcCrackin wrote:
Looks like IWA got an Omni 772ER today. I'm *guessing* it was another prisoner transfer from Hawaii, but two of Omni's three 77Es don't show up on trackers for some reason.

I heard this fly over (I live about 5 miles or so due north of IWA) yesterday. It didn't sound like the usual Allegiant A320, so I checked FlightAware and saw that it was the Omni 777. Was wondering what that was all about. But between the random military flights and flight-testing, I'm not really surprised by anything at IWA anymore.

maps4ltd

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:16 pm

A new topic:

Does anyone know why FR24 shows so many general aviation/military/non-commercial aircraft in and around Phoenix (compared to other US metro areas)? Between Deer Creek and Mesa, the airspace looks very crowded.

alasizon

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:28 pm

maps4ltd wrote:
A new topic:

Does anyone know why FR24 shows so many general aviation/military/non-commercial aircraft in and around Phoenix (compared to other US metro areas)? Between Deer Creek and Mesa, the airspace looks very crowded.

Flight training. The Phoenix metro area is a major training area for aviation. You've got Deer Valley and Gateway that host giant private training facilities and on the flip side you've got Luke AFB that covers the military training spectrum.

PhilMcCrackin

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:53 pm

maps4ltd wrote:
A new topic:

Deer Valley and Falcon Field are two of the busiest GA airports in the country because of flight training. Gateway has ATP and UND and SDL has a school or two too. Lufthansa trains out at Goodyear. Military flies into Luke, Gateway and Sky Harbor and Boeing Defense builds helicopters out of Falcon.

A lot of this is a function of having VFR weather 330 days of the year.

910A

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:18 am

alasizon wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:
A new topic:

Flight training. The Phoenix metro area is a major training area for aviation. You've got Deer Valley and Gateway that host giant private training facilities and on the flip side you've got Luke AFB that covers the military training spectrum.

How did you forget Lufthansa at Goodyear? :hissyfit:

910A

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:05 am

KRIC777 wrote:
PhilMcCrackin wrote:

I heard this fly over (I live about 5 miles or so due north of IWA) yesterday. It didn't sound like the usual Allegiant A320, so I checked FlightAware and saw that it was the Omni 777. Was wondering what that was all about. But between the random military flights and flight-testing, I'm not really surprised by anything at IWA anymore.

Here is the flight aware travel on the 777..it's going to end up in DEL. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/OAE ... /KAFW/KIWA
There was also a 763 from Omni early this morning

910A

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:06 am

Just found out that Contour now has an interline agreement with American..It will make the trip up to extreme Northern California (CEC) much easier especially not having to go claim luggage in OAK. .

SierraPacific

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:12 am

PhilMcCrackin wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:
A new topic:

Deer Valley and Falcon Field are two of the busiest GA airports in the country because of flight training. Gateway has ATP and UND and SDL has a school or two too. Lufthansa trains out at Goodyear. Military flies into Luke, Gateway and Sky Harbor and Boeing Defense builds helicopters out of Falcon.

A lot of this is a function of having VFR weather 330 days of the year.

Chandler is also nothing to sneeze at with over 700 operations a day. It is always busy around Phoenix and the different practice areas throughout the central part of Arizona.

It is strange to see how quiet the area is today because of the storms.

BA744PHX

Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 am

Looking at LH/EW website and PHX-FRA is still bookable well into November 2020, going into their timetable its also bookable in January 2021 (i know its not correct) but interesting this is still in the schedule.

Does anyone know when this seasonal service is to end?

cathay747

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:47 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
Looking at LH/EW website and PHX-FRA is still bookable well into November 2020, going into their timetable its also bookable in January 2021 (i know its not correct) but interesting this is still in the schedule.

I thought I had read that LH, in yet another shuffling of the deck-chairs, had decided to pull EW out of the long-haul game totally. It sticks in my memory because I thought at the time "oh, well, Condor must be breathing a sigh of relief" specifically thinking about the FRA-PHX route. If my memory is correct, then the EW PHX service isn't going to happen (which then makes your website sighting of it strange, one would think it would have been pulled by now).

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:42 pm

cathay747 wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

I thought I had read that LH, in yet another shuffling of the deck-chairs, had decided to pull EW out of the long-haul game totally. It sticks in my memory because I thought at the time "oh, well, Condor must be breathing a sigh of relief" specifically thinking about the FRA-PHX route. If my memory is correct, then the EW PHX service isn't going to happen (which then makes your website sighting of it strange, one would think it would have been pulled by now).

I know they backed off having Eurowings take over long haul for Brussels, but I don't think they're completely ending EW long haul. It's been a confusing strategy, to say the least.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos