knope2001

Re: The Rest of Ohio - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 2:13 pm

CMHtraveler wrote:
Here’s an article with a rather odd interview with the new Executive Director at YNG:

http://www.wfmj.com/story/40334695/futu ... al-airport

“The destination is very, very important,” John Moliterno said, executive director of the Western Reserve Port Authority. “We could get flights fairly easily right now from some of the smaller airlines, but they need to be to someplace where our people are going to want to go."

1. What “smaller airlines” is he referring to?
2. I appreciate the desire to be discerning, but is YNG really in a position to say no to anyone at this point? I mean what do they have to lose? The worst possible outcome is that a route doesn’t work and they’re back to the current situation. If they could really get service “fairly easily”, what’s stopping them?

My guess is they are referring to someone like Elite or Via, and the “fairly easily” part is they would entertain YNG if a bit of money was thrown their way and the airport gave their services away to them for free. But those sorts of carriers tend to fly RJ’s in oddball markets with a choppy schedule and (often) iffy reliability. Three days per week to someplace like Fort Collins or St Augustine is not what they are looking for.

How this could be worse than no service at all is that it will most likely fail and the airport will have wasted money on them. And perhaps just as troublesome is that it further brand Youngstown as a failed market in the minds of airline planners.

DeltaRules
Topic Author

Wed May 08, 2019 5:02 pm

knope2001 wrote:
CMHtraveler wrote:
Here’s an article with a rather odd interview with the new Executive Director at YNG:

“The destination is very, very important,” John Moliterno said, executive director of the Western Reserve Port Authority. “We could get flights fairly easily right now from some of the smaller airlines, but they need to be to someplace where our people are going to want to go."

2. I appreciate the desire to be discerning, but is YNG really in a position to say no to anyone at this point? I mean what do they have to lose? The worst possible outcome is that a route doesn’t work and they’re back to the current situation. If they could really get service “fairly easily”, what’s stopping them?

My guess is they are referring to someone like Elite or Via, and the “fairly easily” part is they would entertain YNG if a bit of money was thrown their way and the airport gave their services away to them for free. But those sorts of carriers tend to fly RJ’s in oddball markets with a choppy schedule and (often) iffy reliability. Three days per week to someplace like Fort Collins or St Augustine is not what they are looking for.

How this could be worse than no service at all is that it will most likely fail and the airport will have wasted money on them. And perhaps just as troublesome is that it further brand Youngstown as a failed market in the minds of airline planners.

Contour could be another example of this, as they've just picked up the EAS flying in WV from Via. (As for Via, they'd be a prime candidate if YNG wanted SFB back seeing as they've got a bit of a focus city going on there.)

At one point, there was talk that one of the Caravan operators (Southern or whomever) was looking at starting YNG-PIT (and possibly adding YNG-CMH as well off someone's suggestion), but I'd like to think it'd be more than that.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

knope2001

Wed May 08, 2019 10:02 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
knope2001 wrote:
CMHtraveler wrote:

Contour could be another example of this, as they've just picked up the EAS flying in WV from Via. (As for Via, they'd be a prime candidate if YNG wanted SFB back seeing as they've got a bit of a focus city going on there.)

At one point, there was talk that one of the Caravan operators (Southern or whomever) was looking at starting YNG-PIT (and possibly adding YNG-CMH as well off someone's suggestion), but I'd like to think it'd be more than that.

Right, right I forgot about Southern and a possible YNG-PIT. That's another situation where it's just not likely to succeed, and the result would be some services given away for free and bad PR when it closed up shop.

YNG's two best chances are a reliable LCC to high-volume leisure markets like MCO or FLL or a conventional RJ a couple of times per day to a big hub. What's not clear to me is if enough people would use something like 2x/day YNG-ATL when they are so used to driving to PIT, CLE or even CAK when they travel now. A lot of leisure travelers will use a less-convenient airport to save just a few bucks or to avoid a connection. A lot of business travelers will use a less-convenient airport to get their frequent flyer credit and/or the good schedule (often with nonstop) they want. It does not have that YNK airport is kind of out of the way and that the Youngstown area is so well connected via highways to other airports. A quick check from Boardman (south-suburban Youngstown where a lot of the newer commercial activity is) says 32 minutes to YNG, 55 minutes to PIT, 71 minutes to CAK and 79 minutes to CLE. Of course some parts of the region are somewhat closer to YNG -- it's about 20 minutes from both downtown Youngstown and downtown Warren. But with the local YNG airport being 20-30 minutes away from so much of its market and other big airports are only an hour-ish away with nonstop flights and low fares, it's tough for YNG.

CMHtraveler

Wed May 08, 2019 10:18 pm

knope2001 wrote:

Right, thanks for answering my questions! Not wanting to throw good money after bad makes sense. As for YNG’s reputation in the minds of planners, I’m not sure there’s much more damage that could be done by yet another bullet point on the list of unsuccessful service attempts.

I think the LCC/ULCC to leisure market strategy has been tried (multiple times?), but I’m on board for the RJ to a hub idea. If it’s working well for the likes of DAY (recently) with similar proximity to larger airports, perhaps it could work with another attempt at YNG.

jplatts

Wed May 08, 2019 10:19 pm

There is an article in the Dayton Daily News titled "Low-cost carrier schedules just one Dayton route in 2020 so far" which says that DAY-PGD is the only G4 route out of DAY that is scheduled for 2020 so far, and that article can be found at https://www.daytondailynews.com/business/low-cost-carrier-schedules-just-one-dayton-route-2020-far/NPzFvVtje22bEjRWewGaLN/.

flymco753

Thu May 09, 2019 1:36 pm

I was watching a video posted by Toledo Airport, they've referred to Detroit as "that airport up-north" ....

...game on. :wink:
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

Springs1816

Thu May 09, 2019 4:31 pm

Saw on a blog Delta was having a sale for Skymiles. Of course CVG wasn't among them but IND was. Choose the same days for both airports in mid September. Results below.

CVG-CDG, $1443 RT, 88,000 miles RT
IND-CDG, $834 RT, 44,000 miles RT

NOT trying to compare. Just getting across the point and wishing CVG would get another carrier to Europe. That price for CVG to Europe in fall in insane. I would gladly drive to Indy for that price difference.

flyguy89

Thu May 09, 2019 6:11 pm

Springs1816 wrote:
Saw on a blog Delta was having a sale for Skymiles. Of course CVG wasn't among them but IND was. Choose the same days for both airports in mid September. Results below.

NOT trying to compare. Just getting across the point and wishing CVG would get another carrier to Europe. That price for CVG to Europe in fall in insane. I would gladly drive to Indy for that price difference.

I'm actually pleased to see those numbers, it's a pretty healthy sign if they're able to get away with charging such high fares. But I otherwise do agree with you that some sort of limited TATL service would be great. Really wish the airport could land Condor service to FRA, 2x weekly summer seasonal service would be a perfect complement to DL.

Midwestindy

Thu May 09, 2019 6:15 pm

flyguy89 wrote:
Springs1816 wrote:

I'm actually pleased to see those numbers, it's a pretty healthy sign if they're able to get away with charging such high fares. But I otherwise do agree with you that some sort of limited TATL service would be great. Really wish the airport could land Condor service to FRA, 2x weekly summer seasonal service would be a perfect complement to DL.

CVG needs more than 2x weekly competition in order for prices to change on the CDG flight
Delta Diamond Medallion and AAdvantage Gold for 2019

ChasChandler

Thu May 09, 2019 7:07 pm

Interesting reading the Cleveland thread. A couple of people concerned about the $15M the state has allocated for airports to entice flights. Their concern is how the money will be divided up. They think CMH will be get lions share, because the state, in their eyes, always favors Columbus. They don't want to see Cleveland tax dollars going to support CMH over CLE.

Delta28L

Thu May 09, 2019 8:04 pm

Amazon officially breaks ground for the new hub at CVG in May 14th

flyPIT

Thu May 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Delta28L wrote:

Have renderings of what this is supposed to look like even been released yet?
FLYi

flyguy89

Thu May 09, 2019 8:25 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
Springs1816 wrote:

CVG needs more than 2x weekly competition in order for prices to change on the CDG flight

Eh, not really so much interested in changing DL's pricing for CVG-CDG so much as some sort of lower-priced alternative.

stl07

Fri May 10, 2019 12:58 am

flyguy89 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

Eh, not really so much interested in changing DL's pricing for CVG-CDG so much as some sort of lower-priced alternative.

Like Wow air :duck:
I'd rather be in FLYover country than layover county

stl07

Fri May 10, 2019 12:59 am

flymco753 wrote:
I was watching a video posted by Toledo Airport, they've referred to Detroit as "that airport up-north" ....

You mean toledo isn't the correct Detroit area airport?

flyguy89

Fri May 10, 2019 1:17 am

stl07 wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Like Wow air :duck:

Lol no, exactly NOT like Wow Air. That's why I'm thinking something along more conservative lines such as DE.

Delta28L

Fri May 10, 2019 2:31 am

flyPIT wrote:
Delta28L wrote:

Have renderings of what this is supposed to look like even been released yet?

The only picture I’ve seen is a pic showing the 900 acre area (which is a photoshopped box) is going to be between RWY 18C and RWY 18R. Well probably see more on Wednesday when all the big name people are their to celebrate the official ground breaking.

flymco753

Fri May 10, 2019 8:05 pm

stl07 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

TOL said some fighting words basically, nothing more but a simple rivalry.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

stl07

Sat May 11, 2019 12:26 am

flymco753 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Yea I know I was joking

joeman

Sat May 11, 2019 1:10 am

ChasChandler wrote:
Interesting reading the Cleveland thread. A couple of people concerned about the $15M the state has allocated for airports to entice flights. Their concern is how the money will be divided up. They think CMH will be get lions share, because the state, in their eyes, always favors Columbus. They don't want to see Cleveland tax dollars going to support CMH over CLE.

Probably take all the remaining surrounding states to offer any incentives first before any action. I believe the $15 million (I thought only being suggested) should maybe be devoted to the largest airports, the regions where the most business is conducted. Ohio isn't a huge territory, despite an 11.6+ million population. A.netters have suggested over time CLE people driving to CAK, DTW or PIT, and even YYZ to get a cheaper fare or nonstop to a more distant city. Pretty much all of the Ohio fiefdoms are within the same driving distance and remembering that Ohio cities like Lima, Zanesville, Sandusky, Youngstown, Marion, and New Philadelphia/Dover, all had airline service before freeways. If an airline shows interest in a particular city or reaches a tentative bargain, dangle the carrot of state cash (within current competitive medium sized city handout limits to date as long as there is sustained service), and simply go for it, maybe within a 1/3 limit of total available cash based on the proposed $15m give away.

DeltaRules
Topic Author

Sat May 11, 2019 2:56 am

joeman wrote:
ChasChandler wrote:

Probably take all the remaining surrounding states to offer any incentives first before any action.

They already do. Indiana paid $5M for IND-CDG and Pennsylvania is paying $3M for PIT-LHR. Michigan doesn't really seem to need much in the way of funding for TATL given DTW's size and connections, both cultural and industrial (though Nardone's experience at DTW might be able to help his CMH efforts), and West Virginia isn't getting anything.

https://www.cleveland.com/business/2019 ... ights.html

CVG crew- Did Kentucky pay for WOW?
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

flyguy89

Sat May 11, 2019 3:14 am

DeltaRules wrote:
joeman wrote:
ChasChandler wrote:

Probably take all the remaining surrounding states to offer any incentives first before any action.

They already do. Indiana paid $5M for IND-CDG and Pennsylvania is paying $3M for PIT-LHR. Michigan doesn't really seem to need much in the way of funding for TATL given DTW's size and connections, both cultural and industrial (though Nardone's experience at DTW might be able to help his CMH efforts), and West Virginia isn't getting anything.

https://www.cleveland.com/business/2019 ... ights.html

CVG crew- Did Kentucky pay for WOW?

I believe they got a standard new service package of waived landing fees and marketing support from the airport, but no direct performance-related subsidies à la PIT and IND.

flymco753

Sun May 12, 2019 12:15 am

stl07 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
stl07 wrote:

Yea I know I was joking
Apparently G4 thinks that TOL is Detroit/Toledo, at least that's what their website says.

cledaybuck

Sun May 12, 2019 12:38 am

flymco753 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Usually in a rivalry, both teams occasionally win.

flymco753

Sun May 12, 2019 1:05 am

cledaybuck wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
stl07 wrote:

Usually in a rivalry, both teams occasionally win.
Ohio may win the foosball, but Michigan wins the air travel...and college baseball. Two way street. :wink:

StuckinCMHland

Sun May 12, 2019 11:50 pm

Please forgive me for the intrusion on the college sports debate (always a great thing to have anywhere for any reason), but I do have a question or two for people who normally fly out CMH.

1. If you fly internationally, what airline do you prefer that flies out of CMH?
2. If you fly internationally, what hub or airport do you like to fly to to get your int'l flight?
3. If you fly internationally, do you just drive down to CVG and get on the CVG-AMS on DL, or do you drive somewhere else?

Thanks for your thoughts.

jplatts

Mon May 13, 2019 12:06 am

StuckinCMHland wrote:
3. If you fly internationally, do you just drive down to CVG and get on the CVG-AMS on DL, or do you drive somewhere else?

DL doesn't currently serve AMS nonstop from CVG, but DL does currently serve CDG nonstop from CVG.

ChasChandler

Mon May 13, 2019 2:48 am

StuckinCMHland wrote:
Please forgive me for the intrusion on the college sports debate (always a great thing to have anywhere for any reason), but I do have a question or two for people who normally fly out CMH.

1. If you fly internationally, what airline do you prefer that flies out of CMH?
2. If you fly internationally, what hub or airport do you like to fly to to get your int'l flight?

My wife is from Germany so we usually fly out of JFK but sometimes IAD.

DeltaRules
Topic Author

Mon May 13, 2019 3:12 am

StuckinCMHland wrote:

1) DL
2) If we're talking DL, probably DTW or ATL. Overall, PHL.
3) I haven't flown TATL since 2004, but there was always a connection involved:
-CMH-DTW-AMS-STR/LGW-DTW-CMH
-CMH-DTW-FCO and back
-CMH-PHL-CDG and back
-CMH-PHL-LGW and back
-CMH-CVG (supposed to be JFK, last minute re-route due to a misconnect)-CDG-STR/AMS-CVG-CMH.

The only thing that would've held me back about a potential CMH-AMS/CDG flight would've been TATL on a 757, but I flew DTW-LAS on a 757 in the first row behind Comfort+ a couple years ago and was surprised at how comfortable I was, meaning it'd almost be a no-brainer if it happened.

CMHtraveler

Mon May 13, 2019 10:37 am

StuckinCMHland wrote:

1) AA/UA

2) Depends which direction I’m going. Not all international travel is TATL! If south, connect via DFW (AA) or IAH (UA). If any other direction including TATL, ORD.

3) Drive to ORD. I have family there so parking and “airport shuttle” are free. :)
Last edited by CMHtraveler on Mon May 13, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

CMHtraveler

Mon May 13, 2019 10:39 am

Dupe, sorry.
Last edited by CMHtraveler on Mon May 13, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

CMHtraveler

Mon May 13, 2019 10:40 am

Dupe, sorry.

cledaybuck

Mon May 13, 2019 1:11 pm

StuckinCMHland wrote:

What debate? As long as we keep kicking their butts in football, I am happy. They can have softball (I assume that what the poster meant, not baseball) for all I care. Maybe TOL can start a "revenge tour" since it worked so well for UM :lol:

As for #3, I doubt many drive to CVG in order to do CVG-CDG, as it is not exactly close and that flight is usually stupidly expensive.

flymco753

Mon May 13, 2019 1:52 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
Maybe TOL can start a "revenge tour" since it worked so well for UM :lol:
Good one. At least "the airport up north" gets multiple picks of the crop when TOL's star route can't get picked up by an airline. :wink:

flyCMH

Mon May 13, 2019 4:20 pm

StuckinCMHland wrote:

I'll bite:

1. Delta.
2. DTW, followed by JFK then ATL.
3. No, the drive to CVG for their CDG nonstop is not worthwhile for my travels.
712,722,732/733/734/735/736/73G/738/739,744,752/753,762/763/764,772/773,788/789,318,319,
320,321,332,333,343,346,380,359,D93,M88,M90,M11,F100,B11,L10,146,CR1/CR2/CR7/CR9,
E35/40/45/70/75/90,EM2,SF3,ATR,AT7,J41,DH1/3/4

DeltaRules
Topic Author

Mon May 13, 2019 6:49 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
StuckinCMHland wrote:

What debate? As long as we keep kicking their butts in football, I am happy. They can have softball (I assume that what the poster meant, not baseball) for all I care. Maybe TOL can start a "revenge tour" since it worked so well for UM :lol:

As for #3, I doubt many drive to CVG in order to do CVG-CDG, as it is not exactly close and that flight is usually stupidly expensive.

I know of a couple people who drove to CVG (or PIT) for WW, but not DL.

DeltaRules
Topic Author

Tue May 14, 2019 8:35 pm

Interesting illustration of WN's ops at CMH today here: https://twitter.com/columbusairport/sta ... 7753520133

I'm assuming the near 737 could be broken given the fact it's on what I'm guessing is the right parking line of a swing gate? (I can't imagine WN schedules anything for a long enough layover to move the jetway over, then back.)

flyCMH

Tue May 14, 2019 9:42 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
Interesting illustration of WN's ops at CMH today here: https://twitter.com/columbusairport/sta ... 7753520133

I'm assuming the near 737 could be broken given the fact it's on what I'm guessing is the right parking line of a swing gate? (I can't imagine WN schedules anything for a long enough layover to move the jetway over, then back.)

Yeah, my guess would be the aircraft on the stand is AOG. It's parked next to A2, so it looks like it's on the former A1 lead-in line. WN often RONs aircraft there and the plane has no GSE hooked up to it, so it's likely not a turn. Not a sight usually seen during the day.
712,722,732/733/734/735/736/73G/738/739,744,752/753,762/763/764,772/773,788/789,318,319,
320,321,332,333,343,346,380,359,D93,M88,M90,M11,F100,B11,L10,146,CR1/CR2/CR7/CR9,

Pudelhund

Tue May 14, 2019 10:22 pm

StuckinCMHland wrote:

1. Delta (silver with them)
2. DTW is king.
3. The higher price of CVG-Europe in addition to the drive is not worthwhile.

AirportRival

Tue May 14, 2019 10:50 pm

The official ground breaking for the Amazon Air hub at CVG was today. I looked around for renderings but could only find this short video on Twitter. https://twitter.com/davehclark/status/1 ... 41920?s=09

It makes DHL's facility look small. And this is only phase 1.
A319, A320, A321, B1900F, B737-300, B737-400, B737-400F, B737-700, B737-800, B757-200, B757-200F, B767-200F, B767-300F, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, ERJ-145, E-170, E-175, MD-80, SD3-60F

Delta28L

Tue May 14, 2019 11:42 pm

AirportRival wrote:
The official ground breaking for the Amazon Air hub at CVG was today. I looked around for renderings but could only find this short video on Twitter. https://twitter.com/davehclark/status/1 ... 41920?s=09

I count at least 45 planes in that picture at the end

bigred10k

Wed May 15, 2019 1:20 am

StuckinCMHland wrote:

1. AA (incl. connections to intl partners)
2. Whatever gets me on the plane (and seat) I want to fly in: 787, 747 (BA), 777 preferred (in full disclosure, I have not flown the A380).
3. See no. 2. Don't care for the international hard product out of CVG. Also prefer to connect in the states than at CDG or AMS. I did fly PPT-LAX-CVG (Air France PPT-LAX) once.

I'll fly AA out of DAY and CVG as well. Doesn't really matter if connecting to an international flight.

jtwall

Wed May 15, 2019 2:22 am

AirportRival wrote:

The Business Courier is saying that only 50 aircraft will operate out of the hub. I thought that initial estimates were saying 100 a/c? Maybe I am not remembering correctly, or perhaps they can have 50 a/c on the ground for one sort at once...or maybe it's just phase 1...

Either way, we don't have a ton more in the way of details outside of the video yet.

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/ ... s_headline

flyCMH

Thu May 16, 2019 12:55 pm

LCK will receive $15 mil in Fed money to rehabilitate one of the runways (not sure which one):

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20190516/ ... eral-money

https://newshub.columbusairports.com/st ... om-faa.pdf

CMHtraveler

Sat May 18, 2019 10:57 pm

Any thoughts on what’s next for AS at CMH? Assuming that the SEA flight continues to be successful (84% LF for the first month of operation), I can’t imagine AS intends to run a one-flight station for too long. Seems like that would be pretty inefficient long term. I know they publicly talked about more routes/frequencies in the future, and there was speculation here about SFO before UA beat them to it. SAN or PDX? Another SEA frequency? Thoughts?

flyCMH

Sun May 19, 2019 2:22 am

CMHtraveler wrote:
Any thoughts on what’s next for AS at CMH?

From what I’ve seen, loads should be continue to be good going into the summer. At what price the seats are being sold and if it’s enough to be considered profitable, is unknown. They could continue to run CMH with a single SEA frequency, there’s nothing really barring them from doing so. As for what other routes AS could do if they wanted to expand, I would think SAN or PDX would be at the top of the list. With both UA and WN to the Bay Area and 3x daily to LAX on AA and DL, I don’t think AS would be able to make either destination work. The problem with PDX is it would probably cannibalize SEA quite a bit. The yield would have to be there for both cities to make them work. SAN too would be tough to fill even seasonally. AS could add another frequency to SEA, if the current route warrants, but I could only see that on a seasonal basis as well.

CMHtraveler

Sun May 19, 2019 12:05 pm

flyCMH wrote:
The problem with PDX is it would probably cannibalize SEA quite a bit. The yield would have to be there for both cities to make them work. SAN too would be tough to fill even seasonally.

I’m not too familiar with AS’ typical operations, do they do much less-than-daily flying ala F9 or G4? Would they run something like SAN 3x weekly or PDX weekends only on a seasonal basis like WN currently does on CMH-MSY?

flyCMH

Sun May 19, 2019 12:17 pm

CMHtraveler wrote:
I’m not too familiar with AS’ typical operations, do they do much less-than-daily flying ala F9 or G4? Would they run something like SAN 3x weekly or PDX weekends only on a seasonal basis like WN currently does on CMH-MSY?

I don't believe so, I think they're pretty traditional legacy when it comes to their scheduling. The most they do is seasonal daily frequencies, from what I've seen.

CMHtraveler

Sun May 19, 2019 3:08 pm

flyCMH wrote:
I don't believe so, I think they're pretty traditional legacy when it comes to their scheduling. The most they do is seasonal daily frequencies, from what I've seen.

Hmm, in that case maybe SAN is better suited for WN, who currently run seasonal IND-SAN. Perhaps AS’ entrance to the CMH market will cause them to consider it, but they tend to be pretty cautious about new routes. Took them forever to add their hub at HOU and with the MAX groundings, I don’t see too much growth in the immediate future.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos