Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

RWA380

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:58 pm

AS737MAX wrote:
Flew PDX-SJC-PDX on a mileage run today. 11:50am departure on a 738, not full at all, multiple empty Y+ seats. 4:30pm return on an A319, less than half full. F was booked up both ways but the SJC-PDX leg had 4 of the 6 exit row seats empty.

Obviously, butts in seats doesn't provide an exact indication of financials or route health, but it's hard not to defend AS when they start to cut frequencies when they can't fill up planes.

Try taking the early PDX-SJC flight on a Sunday morning, we were the only three in F & the back was open for football tossing contests. We were on the 737-800. It was less than 30 minutes on the ground & off to Kona we went.

Oddly when we deplaned, I saw the SEA flight arrive just after ours got in, everyone on our flight seemed to transfer onto the Kona flight, when we got on the F cabin had two people in it, by the time both PDX & SEA passengers boarded we were at capacity.

AS737MAX

Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:21 pm

zonks wrote:
AS737MAX wrote:
Flew PDX-SJC-PDX on a mileage run today. 11:50am departure on a 738, not full at all, multiple empty Y+ seats. 4:30pm return on an A319, less than half full. F was booked up both ways but the SJC-PDX leg had 4 of the 6 exit row seats empty

What business traveller would fly on a 11:50am flight? Too early to go into the office at PDX and by the time you get to SJC, it's around 2pm, which means at best a 2:30pm arrival at one's meeting place/customer site. I wouldn't worry about the sparse numbers on a lunchtime flight on a Wednesday but if a Monday morning flight had the same numbers then yes, AS should worry. 4:30pm return is a little worrisome as the assumption would be that some folks who had wrapped up meetings/work at around 3:00pm could make that flight and get home to PDX in time for dinner at home. As for SJC originating traffic, I guess some might take that flight or perhaps an even later one to position themselves for early meetings the next day in Portland.

I understand your point, and wanted to point out that there's been some contention on this thread in the past that AS kept cutting cutting cutting or swapping for smaller jets. Shouldn't a hub to a focus city be slightly more full, regardless of timing? The passenger in the window seat of my side of the row had his credit card and parking garage ticket in hand upon deplaning - clearly he had been down and back for the day.
RWA380 wrote:
AS737MAX wrote:
Flew PDX-SJC-PDX on a mileage run today. 11:50am departure on a 738, not full at all, multiple empty Y+ seats. 4:30pm return on an A319, less than half full. F was booked up both ways but the SJC-PDX leg had 4 of the 6 exit row seats empty.

Obviously, butts in seats doesn't provide an exact indication of financials or route health, but it's hard not to defend AS when they start to cut frequencies when they can't fill up planes.

Try taking the early PDX-SJC flight on a Sunday morning, we were the only three in F & the back was open for football tossing contests. We were on the 737-800. It was less than 30 minutes on the ground & off to Kona we went.

Oddly when we deplaned, I saw the SEA flight arrive just after ours got in, everyone on our flight seemed to transfer onto the Kona flight, when we got on the F cabin had two people in it, by the time both PDX & SEA passengers boarded we were at capacity.

The flight was so empty that I got the notification that boarding had begun at 3:50pm, and I was at the further north end and started heading to gate 28, and at 3:55pm, they came on the PA that they were boarding All Groups, All Rows for 1381 to Portland. I was literally the last passenger to board.

gmcc

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:32 pm

https://pdx.com/Newsroom/All-A-Gate-Fli ... ovember-14

More fun at PDX. Was through PDX on Friday and it appears that a large tent like stucture is being added on to the end of terminal C. Looks like it will be chaos for QX flyers for the next couple of years.

jbpdx

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:59 pm

gmcc wrote:
https://pdx.com/Newsroom/All-A-Gate-Flights-depart-from-C-Gates-starting-November-14

More fun at PDX. Was through PDX on Friday and it appears that a large tent like stucture is being added on to the end of terminal C. Looks like it will be chaos for QX flyers for the next couple of years.

Good. Anything that discourages connecting Portland passengers and cuts the number of seats filled in Seattle helps force Alaska to replace some of the 25 flights a day to Seattle with nonstops to unserved cities. That’s good news for Portland passengers.

gmcc

Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:19 pm

jbpdx wrote:
gmcc wrote:
https://pdx.com/Newsroom/All-A-Gate-Flights-depart-from-C-Gates-starting-November-14

Good. Anything that discourages connecting Portland passengers and cuts the number of seats filled in Seattle helps force Alaska to replace some of the 25 flights a day to Seattle with nonstops to unserved cities. That’s good news for Portland passengers.

Guess that is one way of looking at it. I was connecting lax-pdx-geg. Maybe next time I will go on the new lax-geg and not spend any money in PDX while connecting. Net revenue loss for PDX.

ooslc

Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:19 pm

This will also help with those AS-QX/OO and vice versa connecting peeps to stop at the stores/restaurants in C. It's gonna be chaos at the end of C though! When does WN move to the new E?

gmcc

Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:32 pm

According to pdxnext.com the expanded E concourse opens summer of 2020

PDXPOL

Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:41 am

I hope this link works to a video from the Port of Portland executive director in an employee meeting. He states the ANA / Nippon Cargo will start at the end of the month, 2 flights weekly. He also hints at another European destination possibly it is at the 10:45 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRbgufu ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by PDXPOL on Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PDXPOL

Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:42 am

I hope this link works to a video from the Port of Portland executive director in an employee meeting. He states the ANA / Nippon Cargo will start at the end of the month, 2 flights weekly. He also hints at another European destination possibly it is at the 10:45 mark. This could be exciting.

lhpdx

Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:07 am

Thanks for the update PDXPOL!!!!

BlatantEcho

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:31 am

^^^ This is a great youtube video, lots of great nuggets.

That's gotta be BA to LHR, no?
New 'major' airline.

UKPDX

Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:36 pm

Yes, thanks for the update too - does sound very encouraging and I wonder what the timeline is?

PDXPOL

Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:03 pm

The only other option I could think of is LH to Frankfurt. With Condors load factor you never know. But we shall see, I hope there is an announcement soon.

lhpdx

Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:17 pm

What about Air France to Paris??? That would be a complimentary addition to our international portfolio.......

jbpdx

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:28 pm

According to ANA Cargo website, it will be Western Global Cargo 747 ORD-NRT routing through PDX/ANC.

Lufthansa restarting PDX-FRA would be more likely than Air France starting PDX-CDG. The only way I see BA adding PDX would be maybe to Gatwick.

PDXPOL

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:49 pm

lhpdx wrote:
What about Air France to Paris??? That would be a complimentary addition to our international portfolio.......

Interesting, also isn't Air France in a jv with Delta. They could provide a lot of passengers.

RWA380

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:39 pm

jbpdx wrote:
According to ANA Cargo website, it will be Western Global Cargo 747 ORD-NRT routing through PDX/ANC.

Lufthansa restarting PDX-FRA would be more likely than Air France starting PDX-CDG. The only way I see BA adding PDX would be maybe to Gatwick.

IMHO, BA will come to PDX & it will be to LHR. While London is the largest European destination from Portland, there is still no way BA could fly here purely based on O/D, which is what a LGW flight would mean as LGW connecting opportunities are much more limited on BA, while Heathrow affords connections to the entire BA system.

Lufthansa has stated more than once that while Portland was not a money loosing proposition, the same aircraft provided better yields out of Seattle & why they moved it up I-5 to SEA/TAC. I am unsure LH has the right sized aircraft to serve Portland properly with the heavy cargo, but lighter passenger loads.

Keep in mind when LH served PDX, they were THE Europe flight we had x NW to AMS. Now we have FI, DE, DL with two European destinations, albeit one is seasonal (LHR) & one is less than daily in the off season (AMS), but for a market our size, it good.

But if Austin can support a LHR flight, PDX can as well. BA is also tied in with AS on connections & mileage, good opportunity to keep your miles with AS instead of splitting them up for AS domestic & DL for International. That gives connecting opportunities between AS & BA littered all over the country & around the world.

When BA announces PDX (God only knows why they are stalling the announcement) they will be highly successful if that 787 lands at Heathrow thus offering many single connect destinations as possible. This one flight will allow more single connect opportunities than DL can offer via AMS on KL or LH could offer via FRA.

In fact, even though Condor is owned by Thomas Cook, weren't there through fares from the US, that allowed one to fly to FRA on DE & connect to LH for ATH or IST for example? I know it was, just not sure if it still is like that.

I also know that BA & the POP have had talks over the decades & it has more than once been said by BA, that PDX wasn't ready for BA back when the 763 was considered, but now the market is mature enough & the aircraft will be best fit for our market size. I am sure it's BA just from the history of it all. Again, my two cents only & based upon my own industry based logic & my knowledge of the PDX market.

TheLion

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:55 pm

RWA380 wrote:
jbpdx wrote:

IMHO, BA will come to PDX & it will be to LHR. While London is the largest European destination from Portland, there is still no way BA could fly here purely based on O/D, which is what a LGW flight would mean as LGW connecting opportunities are much more limited on BA, while Heathrow affords connections to the entire BA system.

Lufthansa has stated more than once that while Portland was not a money loosing proposition, the same aircraft provided better yields out of Seattle & why they moved it up I-5 to SEA/TAC. I am unsure LH has the right sized aircraft to serve Portland properly with the heavy cargo, but lighter passenger loads.

Keep in mind when LH served PDX, they were THE Europe flight we had x NW to AMS. Now we have FI, DE, DL with two European destinations, albeit one is seasonal (LHR) & one is less than daily in the off season (AMS), but for a market our size, it good.

But if Austin can support a LHR flight, PDX can as well. BA is also tied in with AS on connections & mileage, good opportunity to keep your miles with AS instead of splitting them up for AS domestic & DL for International. That gives connecting opportunities between AS & BA littered all over the country & around the world.

When BA announces PDX (God only knows why they are stalling the announcement) they will be highly successful if that 787 lands at Heathrow thus offering many single connect destinations as possible. This one flight will allow more single connect opportunities than DL can offer via AMS on KL or LH could offer via FRA.

In fact, even though Condor is owned by Thomas Cook, weren't there through fares from the US, that allowed one to fly to FRA on DE & connect to LH for ATH or IST for example? I know it was, just not sure if it still is like that.

I also know that BA & the POP have had talks over the decades & it has more than once been said by BA, that PDX wasn't ready for BA back when the 763 was considered, but now the market is mature enough & the aircraft will be best fit for our market size. I am sure it's BA just from the history of it all. Again, my two cents only & based upon my own industry based logic & my knowledge of the PDX market.

I agree with you, but it has to happen soon in time to fit with BA’s usual summer new route launch lead-in times. We have six months and two weeks to go until May, so this is now pushing it a little, especially with the strike and Álex Cruz issues clearly retreating in the rear view mirror (for now)...

PDXPOL

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:22 pm

RWA380 wrote:
jbpdx wrote:

Agreed, LGW is a non starter. I saw that Condor is starting earlier next year. I could see that going year round limited with either Condor or LH taking it. Iceland Air only cut back due to the Max issues. I have a feeling PDX International expansion is going to happen in the next 24 months.

lhpdx

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:12 am

With all of this new development, I wonder if the POP plans to extend CC-D at some point and build a three-level international arrival/ departing expansion ??

PDXPOL

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:05 am

lhpdx wrote:
With all of this new development, I wonder if the POP plans to extend CC-D at some point and build a three-level international arrival/ departing expansion ??

I heard at one time, couple years ago, they were. But I would imagine with over a billion dollars on current projects the answer is no. Plus the Port Airline agreement says airlines get a vote in substantial capitol projects over a million dollars. I suspect this , although they want, is on hold until pressed for needed.

RobertS975

Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:33 pm

PDXPOL wrote:
lhpdx wrote:

Interesting, also isn't Air France in a jv with Delta. They could provide a lot of passengers.

Any AF flight would be included in the JV with DL. The flight would almost certainly be handled by DL gate agents and the pax would use the Delta Sky Club.

babcock

Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:44 am

lhpdx wrote:

There are seven international gates so there is plenty of capacity for international flights. CC-D was designed to be expanded at some point. Not sure it's worth for only 4 gates, which I think is the most you could add on D vs building a new satellite terminal which I think is the only option for future expansion. They will need more gates but I doubt anything will happen until after the new main terminal is completed.

UKPDX

Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:11 pm

PDXPOL wrote:
I hope this link works to a video from the Port of Portland executive director in an employee meeting. He states the ANA / Nippon Cargo will start at the end of the month, 2 flights weekly. He also hints at another European destination possibly it is at the 10:45 mark. This could be exciting.

Looks like this video has gone- Private video
Sign in if you've been granted access to this video

pdxav8r

Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:28 am

UKPDX wrote:
PDXPOL wrote:

Looks like this video has gone- Private video
Sign in if you've been granted access to this video

Yep, gone for me as well.

Just don’t see AF as the new carrier at PDX. It would pull too many connecting passengers from the DL AMS flight, making it redundant for both carriers. LH, I could see, if DE is making a killing. There isn’t UAX to shuttle PDX’ers up to SEA anymore for Star A transfers, so it may make sense. Still putting my $.02 on BA. Makes the most sense. And for the AS FF’s, a great option, that they lost when their partnership with DL fractured.

lhpdx

Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:11 am

I could see BA 3x a week year-round...............

jplatts

Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:12 pm

WN has said in yesterday's earnings call that it is planning on significantly expanding at both BWI and HOU. WN could extend both PDX-BWI and PDX-HOU nonstop service to year-round from seasonal nonstop service with PDX being one of the top domestic destinations that doesn't have year-round nonstop service to BWI and HOU on WN.

WN can likely make year-round PDX-HOU nonstop service work since UA is currently the only airline serving Houston year-round from PDX and since AS doesn't serve Houston nonstop from PDX.

WN can probably also make year-round PDX-BWI nonstop service work since (a) WN has a large presence in the BWI/DCA/IAD market, (b) WN has a much bigger FF base in the BWI/DCA/IAD market than AS does, and (c) WN would be able to offer 1-stop connecting service to a few East Coast destinations not served nonstop from DEN or MDW from PDX through BWI from PDX on a year-round basis if WN extends PDX-BWI to year-round.

jbpdx

Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:47 pm

PDX Portland International Airport
September 2019 traffic

Overall, zero growth for 2019 compared with same point in 2018. American, Southwest, United, Frontier, Spirit, Horizon, Jazz, Air Canada all reduced their number of flights.

September 2019 (vs 2018)
Domestic 1,584,165. +1.3%
International 84,495. +7.2%
Total 1,668,660. +1.6%

Year-to-date (vs 2018)
Domestic 14,349,666. +0.1%
International 658,534. -2.5%
Total 15,008,200. +0% :alert:

Sun Country +154.1%
Compass. +85.7%
Condor. +70.9%
Skywest. +70.8%
Volaris. +37.4%
Delta. +12.1%
Spirit. +11%
JetBlue. +3.8%
Alaska. +1.8%

Horizon. -4.9%
Frontier. -14%
American. -15.7%
United. -12.5%
Southwest. -2.5%
Icelandair. -10.5%
Hawaiian. -5.5%
Jazz. -2%
Air Canada. -89.4% (early cancel PDX-YYZ)
Aeromexico -100% (PDX-MEX eliminated)

https://popcdn.azureedge.net/pdfs/Septe ... bstats.pdf

metaldirtnskin

Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:36 pm

Looking at the whole year, it seems like the winter weather in late February/early March put the numbers behind what they would be otherwise - at least in EUG, the YTD figures were below 2018 until Aug/Sep when they have just caught up by less than 1%. Not sure if the weather impact in PDX was as severe but it may have had an effect.

lhpdx

Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:48 pm

I would love to be a fly on the wall here:

COMING EVENT
November Power Breakfast: Alaska Airlines CEO, and Horizon Air CEO
Nov. 14
Where: Sentinel
614 SW 11th Ave, Portland, OR 97205

RWA380

Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:22 pm

lhpdx wrote:
I would love to be a fly on the wall here:

COMING EVENT
November Power Breakfast: Alaska Airlines CEO, and Horizon Air CEO
Nov. 14
Where: Sentinel
614 SW 11th Ave, Portland, OR 97205

I second your sentiment ...

pdxav8r

Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:33 pm

Icelandair. -10.5%
Hawaiian. -5.5%

These two kinda surprise me, but should they? Did Icelandair cut days per week earlier than last year or start later because of the MAX issues? I thought they hadn't.

I am assuming the HA numbers are attributed to going to the 321 for the bulk of their HNL flying from the 330.

Even UA at 12+% down is odd. They didn't downgauge many flights, if at all this last year. Would like to see the numbers showing aircraft movements.

RWA380

Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:57 am

This came in my inbox today, kind of a commitment to the Portland market by AS, I'm sure many of us got this, but in case not it's a bad read:

"My name is Andrew Harrison and I lead the Commercial team at Alaska Airlines. The primary goal of my amazing team is to continue to earn your loyalty. We're responsible for expanding our route network, delivering a better value through low fares and a generous loyalty program, creating new onboard products and much more.

Portland has always been a critical focus area for us. Almost ten years ago, in 2010, we had significant challenges with the profitability of our Portland hub. Without a meaningful improvement in performance, we would not be able to grow and invest in Portland. I had the privilege of leading a year-long initiative alongside Mark Bocchi who is our Managing Director of Sales, and a native Oregonian. Working with local leaders including the Port of Portland, Portland Business Alliance, and Greater Portland Inc., we learned what we needed to do to build a stronger foundation in Portland. This led to hundreds of Alaska and Horizon employees getting engaged in the business community as well as other community outreach projects, many of which are still active today. We also kicked off our early partnership with the Timbers as they moved into Major League Soccer.

Fast forward 10 years, and it is so exciting to see what has transpired. Our Portland network has grown nearly 50% to 131 daily departures, serving 54 cities and carrying more than 4.1 million guests a year, a 78% increase from 2010. Our employees have great pride in Portland, not only in getting you to the places you want to go but also in having a meaningful impact in the community.

Thank you for your support and loyalty and making our Portland hub incredibly strong and vibrant.

I'm excited to provide you with a behind-the-scenes look at what we have been working on to continue to enhance your travel experience in Portland, and across our entire network. Going forward, we will update you as we make further enhancements to our service."

Thanks for flying Alaska.

Andrew Harrison
Chief Commercial Officer

Here is the link: https://ifly.alaskaair.com/pub/sf/Respo ... PtZY6GnatQ

pdx

Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:35 am

On 28MAR DL arrives from AMS with a 763 and depart with a 332.
Same day they arrive from NRT with a 763 and depart to HND with a 332.
Where do the 763's go (after landing at PDX) and where do the 332's come from???

RWA380

Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:16 am

pdx wrote:
Where do the 763's go (after landing at PDX) and where do the 332's come from???

There does not appear to be any one off flights from their hubs, I expect a shuffle with SEA based aircraft. Just a guess.

pdx

Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:01 am

RWA380 wrote:
pdx wrote:

There does not appear to be any one off flights from their hubs, I expect a shuffle with SEA based aircraft. Just a guess.

Right. I looked up all our DL flights and couldn't find any. Our options are less in March as the
additional seasonal flights haven't started. Maybe DL hasn't figured it out yet? I would think
JFK or ATL? Hey maybe a widebody to SEA like we rode on in the 80's???

jbpdx

Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:40 pm

RWA380 wrote:
This came in my inbox today, kind of a commitment to the Portland market by AS, I'm sure many of us got this, but in case not it's a bad read:

Not sure it’s a bad read but it might have something to do with this:

Alaska Horizon
April -3.6 -0.5
May -1.5 -5.9
June -6 -15.3
July -6.3 -4.6
August -1.2 -5.6
September 1.8 -4.9

Almost six months in a row with negative passenger numbers at PDX. They could be bleeding Portland Mileage Plan members. Not many choices for international partners: Only Condor and Icelandair and those aren’t year round. At least the email didn’t say you have “lots of travel options if you go through Seattle.” I enrolled in Delta’s mileage plan for international and I’ve started using them more for domestic too. I won’t use SEA for connections.

RWA380

Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:11 am

pdx wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
pdx wrote:

Right. I looked up all our DL flights and couldn't find any. Our options are less in March as the
additional seasonal flights haven't started. Maybe DL hasn't figured it out yet? I would think

I was really thinking MSP would be the shuffler, but as you stated, I looked at SEA, SLC, LAX. ATL, JFK, ATL & DTW. It looks like as of now, passengers won't be onboard. Maybe last minute subs, but I'd think DL would want to capture those, like me, who'd pay to fly an A-332 from SEA or to sell it at a first come, first served $25 fare & fill it until it's sold.

It would be nice to enjoy the days of flying as one of twelve passengers & moved into F because of W&B on a TW M80, but I've flown DC-10, L-1011. 741, 742, 762, 763 & while not a widebody, a wicked fun take off on EA, DL & UA's 757-200's for this quick flight, taking off like the rocket it is. Good memories

AS737MAX

Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:07 am

RWA380 wrote:
pdx wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

I was really thinking MSP would be the shuffler, but as you stated, I looked at SEA, SLC, LAX. ATL, JFK, ATL & DTW. It looks like as of now, passengers won't be onboard. Maybe last minute subs, but I'd think DL would want to capture those, like me, who'd pay to fly an A-332 from SEA or to sell it at a first come, first served $25 fare & fill it until it's sold.

Fingers crossed. Would definitely fly DL just to fly a WB to Seatac.

10/27 OAG: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1433897

AS BUR-PDX FEB 3>2[3]
AS GEG-PDX FEB 7>8[7]
AS MCI-PDX FEB 0.6>0[0] MAR 0.6>0.4[0]
AS PDX-PSP FEB 3>2[2]
AS PDX-SEA FEB 20>21[23] MAR 20>21[17]
AS PDX-SFO MAR 8>7[8]
AS PDX-SLC FEB 2>3[2] MAR 2>3[2]

G4 AZA-RDM JUN 0>0.3[0] JUL 0>0.3[0]
G4 EUG-LAX JUN 0>0.4[0.3] JUL 0>0.5[0.3]
G4 EUG-OAK JUN 0>0.3[0.4] JUL 0>0.3[0.5]
G4 LAS-MFR MAY 0.2>0.4[0.4] JUN 0>0.5[0.4] JUL 0>0.5[0.4]
G4 LAS-RDM MAY 0.1>0.3[0] JUN 0>0.3[0] JUL 0>0.3[0]

WolfPDX

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:43 pm

Today ANA started the NRT-PDX route with WGN 744bcfs. Flight number in is KD4351.

lhpdx

Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:45 pm

WolfPDX wrote:
Today ANA started the NRT-PDX route with WGN 744bcfs. Flight number in is KD4351.

Thanks for the update WolfPDX!! I'll definitely be looking out for it..........

WolfPDX

Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:50 pm

Wasnt fully in the loop for the ANA/WGN contract with my ramp but last I was told 2 flights. Monday 1400ish and Sunday at 0200-0300.

flyoregon

Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:50 pm

WolfPDX wrote:

What’s the schedule?

lhpdx

Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:39 pm

Do you know what time it departs and to where?

WolfPDX

Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:47 pm

1630ish and ORD. For Sunday morning about 2ish hours after it gets here. We are being used as a tech stop and light inbound freight.

lhpdx

Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:25 am

Thanks again WolfPDX!!! Now we just have to wait patiently for the new PDX to Europe announcement....

lhpdx

Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:33 am

Are there any words on the future United maintenance hanger?

ORDfan

Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:49 am

I'm a frequent visitor to south Oregon. I would love to see an ORD-MFR direct flight... any chance AA or UA could make this happen in the foreseeable future?

pdxav8r

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:45 am

ORDfan wrote:
I'm a frequent visitor to south Oregon. I would love to see an ORD-MFR direct flight... any chance AA or UA could make this happen in the foreseeable future?

No knowledge, but would assume UA may, being that they started ORD-EUG and ORD-RDM. Wouldn’t surprise at all.

UKPDX

Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:17 pm

lhpdx wrote:
Thanks again WolfPDX!!! Now we just have to wait patiently for the new PDX to Europe announcement....

Interesting tweet this morning:

LondonAirTravel@LondonAirTravel 6h
IAG CEO Willie Walsh says that Aer Lingus, BA and Iberia may all soon announce new transatlantic routes. (BA has traditionally announced new summer routes by now.)

I am assuming this was from today's Q3 Operating Report meeting.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos