Pdxfan

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:33 pm

Maybe I have to see a map of this, but like pdx posted earlier, there are sometimes 10 of these regional Alaska flights parked @ A gates. How are they going to fit them all at the end of concourse C? I guess the re-striping of service road accommodates all that.

twincommander

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:08 pm

Pdxfan wrote:
Maybe I have to see a map of this, but like pdx posted earlier, there are sometimes 10 of these regional Alaska flights parked @ A gates. How are they going to fit them all at the end of concourse C? I guess the re-striping of service road accommodates all that.

It will fit like a square peg in a round hole.

Its going to make conducting any business at the C gates alot more fun. Most of us enjoyed the quiet there. Now we will have to contend with Horizon's "awesome" rampers and McMenzies collective IQ of 20 rampers destroying the area.

Pdxfan

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:48 pm

Well I suppose all the retail tenants on C will enjoy the added foot traffic, especially after Southwest leaves for E. This will cushion the loss for about a year.. But before Southwest moves, that will be a crazy busy concourse with all of Alaska's traffic jammed in next to them.

RWA380

Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:32 am

GhostXC wrote:
Attn: PDX spotters... FI's TF-FIU is spending the night here.

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Iceland ... /5152385/L

Happy spotting!

Thanks for the heads up! It's the same aircraft FI operated their inaugural flight to Portland with, One of the best special liveries of all time, IMHO.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

PDX757

Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:56 am

RWA380 wrote:
GhostXC wrote:
Attn: PDX spotters... FI's TF-FIU is spending the night here.

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Iceland ... /5152385/L

Happy spotting!

Thanks for the heads up! It's the same aircraft FI operated their inaugural flight to Portland with, One of the best special liveries of all time, IMHO.

Its flying art. I remember spotting it on the inaugural, pretty sure I've seen it maybe once or twice since then. I work out off NE Sandy, past 122nd, always get a great view of arrivals when landing to the west! I've started timing my breaks to coincide with specific flights lol

PDXPOL

Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:06 am

twincommander wrote:
Pdxfan wrote:

Its going to make conducting any business at the C gates alot more fun. Most of us enjoyed the quiet there. Now we will have to contend with Horizon's "awesome" rampers and McMenzies collective IQ of 20 rampers destroying the area.

I don't think there should be any Menzies except fuel for AA. Alaska Air Group created their own, McGee . They don't even use Menzies for fuel, they brought in a different group. AA uses American Eagle ground services.

ooslc

Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:09 pm

OAG this week:

June is a partial month so it can be ignored.
B6 JFK-PDX MAY 0>0.9[0.6] JUN 0>0.3[0.8]
B6 LGB-PDX JUN 0>0.3[1.0]

Ouch. 4th-18th no flying. It's a pretty slow time to travel, but still, ouch!
UA IAD-PDX DEC 1.0>0.5[1.0]
UA EUG-ORD MAR 0.7>1.0[0]

Apr is a partial month as well. This also assumes the MAX is flying by then.
WN BUR-PDX MAR 0.2>0.9[0.8] APR 0>0.4[0.9]
WN DEN-PDX MAR 0.7>5[4] APR 0>2[4]
WN LAS-PDX MAR 0.6>4[4] APR 0>2.0[4]
WN LAX-PDX MAR 0.2>1.0[2] APR 0>0.4[2]
WN MDW-PDX MAR 0.2>1.5[1.5] APR 0>0.7[1.7]
WN OAK-PDX MAR 1.1>6[6] APR 0>3[6]
WN ONT-PDX MAR 0.2>0.9[0.9] APR 0>0.4[0.9]
WN PDX-PHX MAR 0.6>4[3] APR 0>1.9[3]
WN PDX-SAN MAR 0.2>1.0[3] APR 0>0.4[3]
WN PDX-SJC MAR 1.3>6[6] APR 0>3[6]
WN PDX-SMF MAR 1.0>5[5] APR 0>2.0[5]
WN PDX-STL MAR 0.2>1.0[1.0] APR 0>0.4[1.0]
    Ironically, I don't work for OO anymore, and I'm not in SLC anymore. PDX based, aviation enthusiast, non-aviation worker.

twincommander

Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:59 am

PDXPOL wrote:
twincommander wrote:
Pdxfan wrote:

I don't think there should be any Menzies except fuel for AA. Alaska Air Group created their own, McGee . They don't even use Menzies for fuel, they brought in a different group. AA uses American Eagle ground services.

AA is handled by AA. Old America West employees actually.

You are missing the tragic sarcasm otherwise. Menzies was bad, so Alaska created McGee to replace them. McGee didnt bring really improve anything. Hence the nickname McMenzies.

PDXPOL

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:54 pm

twincommander wrote:
PDXPOL wrote:
twincommander wrote:

AA is handled by AA. Old America West employees actually.

You are missing the tragic sarcasm otherwise. Menzies was bad, so Alaska created McGee to replace them. McGee didnt bring really improve anything. Hence the nickname McMenzies.

Ahh, yep I am getting too old, it flew right over my head. I figured AAG had a hatred for Menzies, as they even brought in a different fueling group once Menzies took that over.

jbpdx

Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:05 am

UK CAA reported August traffic: Delta’s PDX-LHR up 95.5% compared with August 2018.
Major airports with no PDX nonstops: MIA, FLL, TPA, IND, MSY, CLE, CVG, PIT, RDU

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:40 pm

A reminder to users:

Posting confidential information on this site is not permitted. There is a significant difference between posting speculation and posting inside information that has not been publicly released. Posting confidential information puts users at risk of legal action. We will be forced to remove it at the request of the involved entity, and we will be forced to take action against the user(s) involved.

Please stick to speculation. If you become aware of privileged information, then please keep it to yourself if/until the information becomes public.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].

✈️ atcsundevil

TheLion

Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:27 am

atcsundevil wrote:
A reminder to users:

Posting confidential information on this site is not permitted. There is a significant difference between posting speculation and posting inside information that has not been publicly released. Posting confidential information puts users at risk of legal action. We will be forced to remove it at the request of the involved entity, and we will be forced to take action against the user(s) involved.

Please stick to speculation. If you become aware of privileged information, then please keep it to yourself if/until the information becomes public.

✈️ atcsundevil

Hi, what are you referring to? There’s nothing here...

Wingtips56

Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:29 am

I assume it was removed.
Worked for WestAir, Apollo Airways, Desert Pacific, Western, AirCal and American Airlines (Retired). Flight Memory: 181 airports, 92 airlines, 78 a/c types, 403 routes, 58 countries (by air), 6 continents. 1,119,414 passenger miles.

Home airport : CEC

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:31 am

TheLion wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
A reminder to users:

✈️ atcsundevil

The content has been removed.

TheLion

Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:09 am

atcsundevil wrote:
TheLion wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
A reminder to users:

✈️ atcsundevil

So the poster made it obvious that their “privileged information” was exactly that?

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:55 am

TheLion wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
TheLion wrote:

So the poster made it obvious that their “privileged information” was exactly that?

Yes.

TheLion

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:33 am

atcsundevil wrote:
TheLion wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:

Yes.

Why did you delete my last post? That really wasn’t necessary; I raised some logical points.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:44 am

TheLion wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
TheLion wrote:

Yes.

Why did you delete my last post? That really wasn’t necessary; I raised some logical points.

I have not deleted any of your posts, so I have no idea what you're talking about. I recommend that you contact us privately if you think one of your posts was removed, but in this case, nothing of yours was deleted.

Please let this thread get back on topic. If you want to have further discussion on this issue, please post to the Site Related Forum or email us at [email protected].

bigfoot0503

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:33 pm

Maintaining their operational consistency...UPS is again utilizing their fleet of B747 aircraft to operate their Friday flight, 5X2998 SDF-PDX-ANC. Generally, with a few exceptions over the past several months this flight has been conducted with a B747. Today's flight (10-04-2019) is utilizing a "newish" Boeing 747-800, a/c N614UP. A cursory search reveals that only a handful of US cities see UPS service with the B747, Cities such as Anchorage (very frequent B747 service), Philadelphia, Dallas, Denver, etc, are among those including PDX that witness UPS B747 flights.

As previously mentioned, UPS has increased the frequency of flights in and out of PDX over the past several months. It's great to see an uptick in the statistics for PDX air cargo, and what continues to be a vibrant and essential part in making that facility a valued North American airport.

AS737MAX

Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:08 pm

bigfoot0503 wrote:
Maintaining their operational consistency...UPS is again utilizing their fleet of B747 aircraft to operate their Friday flight, 5X2998 SDF-PDX-ANC. Generally, with a few exceptions over the past several months this flight has been conducted with a B747. Today's flight (10-04-2019) is utilizing a "newish" Boeing 747-800, a/c N614UP. A cursory search reveals that only a handful of US cities see UPS service with the B747, Cities such as Anchorage (very frequent B747 service), Philadelphia, Dallas, Denver, etc, are among those including PDX that witness UPS B747 flights.

As previously mentioned, UPS has increased the frequency of flights in and out of PDX over the past several months. It's great to see an uptick in the statistics for PDX air cargo, and what continues to be a vibrant and essential part in making that facility a valued North American airport.

Seeing how UPS left SeaTac for BFI, it's made me wonder if more airlines would use PDX as a cargo reliever airport for the region, but even OZ left for SEA, despite how congested it's getting there. Granted we added CX, but still.

bigfoot0503

Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:59 pm

AS737MAX wrote:
bigfoot0503 wrote:

Seeing how UPS left SeaTac for BFI, it's made me wonder if more airlines would use PDX as a cargo reliever airport for the region, but even OZ left for SEA, despite how congested it's getting there. Granted we added CX, but still.

Speaking of adding cargo carriers...there was a bit of discussion recently regarding Nippon Cargo (ANA Cargo) initiating PDX to Japan flights. I've not seen any official news release or otherwise advising of this service. Anyone have further information or clarification???

AS737MAX

Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:05 pm

bigfoot0503 wrote:
AS737MAX wrote:
bigfoot0503 wrote:

Speaking of adding cargo carriers...there was a bit of discussion recently regarding Nippon Cargo (ANA Cargo) initiating PDX to Japan flights. I've not seen any official news release or otherwise advising of this service. Anyone have further information or clarification???

Same. I wonder if that and the BA information is what atcsundevil cracked down on (and for good reason). Feels like we have to wait for a definite announcement before we can actually consider something without several grains of salt.

bigfoot0503

Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:55 pm

AS737MAX wrote:
bigfoot0503 wrote:
AS737MAX wrote:

Same. I wonder if that and the BA information is what atcsundevil cracked down on (and for good reason). Feels like we have to wait for a definite announcement before we can actually consider something without several grains of salt.

I agree with you regarding the prior statements made about potential service announcements. It is curious though how some of the information was presented with a great deal of confidence that the routes would indeed come to fruition. We have however yet to see anything that would confirm or validate the information that was being put forth.

TheLion

Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:14 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
TheLion wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
Yes.

I have not deleted any of your posts, so I have no idea what you're talking about. I recommend that you contact us privately if you think one of your posts was removed, but in this case, nothing of yours was deleted.

Please let this thread get back on topic. If you want to have further discussion on this issue, please post to the Site Related Forum or email us at [email protected].

Ok no worries. Maybe twas a system glitch.

TheLion

Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:21 pm

bigfoot0503 wrote:
AS737MAX wrote:
bigfoot0503 wrote:

I agree with you regarding the prior statements made about potential service announcements. It is curious though how some of the information was presented with a great deal of confidence that the routes would indeed come to fruition. We have however yet to see anything that would confirm or validate the information that was being put forth.

Highly likely it was. We can probably now predict BA will announce the route in the coming weeks, for launch next spring.

I believe the announcement itself may have been delayed due to the PR issues of BA’s crew strikes and the rumours swirling around their hapless CEO Alex Cruz.

With lead in times of 6 months usually the minimum for BA to announce a new long haul route, we can expect to hear more this month I would say, with launch date of late April to early May for the inaugural most likely.

BlatantEcho

Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:28 pm

I'm now seeing the 767-400ER on the PDX-LHR route for summer on DL.com. Going to book that for a trip in July as I believe all the planes will be modded by then with the new suites.
Sounds fancy, so, hope it's nice.

ooslc

Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:48 pm

BlatantEcho wrote:
I'm now seeing the 767-400ER on the PDX-LHR route for summer on DL.com. Going to book that for a trip in July as I believe all the planes will be modded by then with the new suites.

Delta announced this in the summer. I remember seeing it but don't remember if it was on this forum. I would love to try out the premium economy seat. Here's the link. https://news.delta.com/delta-rolls-out- ... th-america
    Ironically, I don't work for OO anymore, and I'm not in SLC anymore. PDX based, aviation enthusiast, non-aviation worker.

jbpdx

Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:07 pm

BlatantEcho wrote:

Flightview is showing a second PDX-LHR flight AF3680/KL6041 beginning next May. Is this to thwart entry by BA?
Major airports with no PDX nonstops: MIA, FLL, TPA, IND, MSY, CLE, CVG, PIT, RDU

kdeg00

Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:57 pm

jbpdx wrote:
BlatantEcho wrote:

Flightview is showing a second PDX-LHR flight AF3680/KL6041 beginning next May. Is this to thwart entry by BA?

I have to imagine that's a Flightview error. I can't see 2 Delta LHR flights within 1.5 hours of each other.

BlatantEcho

Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:09 pm

^^^
When I was looking, the flight has moved back to a ~730pm departure. (from 550pm if memory serves me).
So, I am sure this is just some new/old data.

Daily all summer on 764 is a big upgrade from even two years ago!

jbpdx

Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:20 pm

kdeg00 wrote:
jbpdx wrote:

I have to imagine that's a Flightview error. I can't see 2 Delta LHR flights within 1.5 hours of each other.

Skyscanner is showing it too, bookable.

kdeg00

Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:39 pm

BlatantEcho wrote:
^^^
When I was looking, the flight has moved back to a ~730pm departure. (from 550pm if memory serves me).
So, I am sure this is just some new/old data.

Daily all summer on 764 is a big upgrade from even two years ago!

That will be a much nicer departure time. I find the 6PM flight just a bit too early to get decent sleep on the flight. And a nice upgrade in hard product to boot!

jbpdx

Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:43 pm

It’s on the KLM website. 2nd PDX-LHR operated by Delta.

BlatantEcho

Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:50 pm

^^^^
I’d give it a week or two guys. There would have been an announcement if it was going double daily.

I’m sure it’s just an artifact of flight time change and will reflect reality soon.

bigfoot0503

Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:47 am

ooslc wrote:
BlatantEcho wrote:

Delta announced this in the summer. I remember seeing it but don't remember if it was on this forum. I would love to try out the premium economy seat. Here's the link. https://news.delta.com/delta-rolls-out- ... th-america

At one point I specifically mentioned the equipment "upgrade" to the 4 class B767-400 on the PDX-LHR route here in the A.net Oregon postings. At the time I had cited a news release by Delta that indicated the change sometime in the later Spring of 2020 or early summer 2020. The Delta news release reflected accurately the change however nothing in the DL online schedule upheld or validated the information, hence there was a bit of debate as to whether we would actually see the Delta 4 class B767-400 at PDX. Good to see that this change is indeed coming.

I had an opportunity to fly in the new Delta Premium Select cabin on a Shanghai (PVG) to LAX flight and was quite impressed with the product.

ANA787

Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:08 am

Schedules just updated on Delta.com. Looks like PDX-AMS will go A332 when PDX-HND starts. Aircraft will route PDX-HND-PDX-AMS- and so forth. How many seats is this lost to PDX-AMS?

BlatantEcho

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:00 am

ANA787 wrote:
Schedules just updated on Delta.com. Looks like PDX-AMS will go A332 when PDX-HND starts. Aircraft will route PDX-HND-PDX-AMS- and so forth. How many seats is this lost to PDX-AMS?

It was always going to be tricky for them to rotate the -200 when it was the only one flying from any city to HND for Delta...

Is this all the way through the summer? I think PDX-HND starts in March?
My hope has been that Summer 2020 has:

LHR- 764
HND-A332 with a domestic rotation (ATL?)
AMS -A33 as normal

But if AMS stays A332 year round.... instead of the seasonal downguage to 767... maybe it's a win overall?

BlatantEcho

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:02 am

^^^
Answering my own question.... looks like Summer 2020 is A330-200 all season on AMS.

Interesting.

PDX757

Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:20 am

I'd imagine the LHR nonstop has drawn a fair number of pax from the AMS flight. 332 makes sense with HND and the extra capacity to LHR. All these years after the DL hub to Asia was closed at PDX, it's great to see DL with the offerings they have here now. Granted, the former NW deserves a big chunk of credit. PDX-NRT flights were some of the last US carrier DC-10 flights right?

AS737MAX

Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:21 am

10/6 OAG: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1432515

AS LAS-PDX JAN 3>4[3]
AS LAX-PDX APR 8>7[7] MAY 8>7[8]
AS MSO-PDX MAR 1.0>1.4[1.0] APR 1.0>2[1.0] MAY 1.0>1.6[1.0]
AS PDX-PSP JAN 3>2[2] MAY 1.7>1.3[2]
AS PDX-PVR MAY 0>0.4[0]
AS PDX-SEA JAN 22>21[23]
AS PDX-SJC APR 4>5[4]
AS PDX-SJD MAY 0>0.4[0]

DL LHR-PDX APR 0>0.2[0] MAY 0.8>1.0[0.7]

SY PDX-PHX JAN 0>0.3[0.6] FEB 0>0.3[0.6] MAR 0>0.3[0.4]
SY PDX-SFO JAN 0.6>0.3[0.3] FEB 0.6>0.3[0.3] MAR 0.6>0.3[0.3]

BlatantEcho

Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:35 am

^^^
it's nice to see the LHR flight start earlier than last year (even a few weeks)

Somewhat related.... was looking at a quick last minute trip to Spain (ALC) in 10 days.... DL lists most of the PDX-AMS D1 seats as sold out. For PDX-AMS, it shows 2 left, at $15,000 each way. Assuming Nike is still filling the front up, I can see why Delta would downguage from A333 too A332. Both have same number of D1, with just less tourists in back.

It's only one data point, but, even for a close in booking, they must be filling up biz class every day on this flight

jbpdx

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:34 pm

BlatantEcho wrote:
^^^^
I’d give it a week or two guys. There would have been an announcement if it was going double daily.

I’m sure it’s just an artifact of flight time change and will reflect reality soon.

Yep. Schedule now corrected.

pdxswa

Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:27 pm

What a pleasure it was to see the Red Arrows up close and personal on their first ever visit to Oregon.

AS737MAX

Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:11 pm

10/13 OAG: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1432973

AA PDX-PHX DEC 4>3[4] JAN 4>3[5]

DL DTW-PDX JAN 1.0>0.8[1.0] FEB 1.0>0.7[1.0]

(APR is only partially for sale, so ignore)
F9 DEN-PDX MAR 0.4>1.0[1.0] APR 0>1.0[1.1]
F9 LAS-PDX MAR 0.2>0.6[0] APR 0>0.4[0]

UA ORD-PDX MAR 4>3[3]

pdxswa

Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:40 pm

Departing for their participation in the OIAS 2019

jbpdx

Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:39 pm

Condor’s PDX-FRA 2020 season begins 10 April, according to their website.

AS737MAX

Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:05 am

Flew PDX-SJC-PDX on a mileage run today. 11:50am departure on a 738, not full at all, multiple empty Y+ seats. 4:30pm return on an A319, less than half full. F was booked up both ways but the SJC-PDX leg had 4 of the 6 exit row seats empty.

Obviously, butts in seats doesn't provide an exact indication of financials or route health, but it's hard not to defend AS when they start to cut frequencies when they can't fill up planes.

zonks

Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:22 pm

AS737MAX wrote:
Flew PDX-SJC-PDX on a mileage run today. 11:50am departure on a 738, not full at all, multiple empty Y+ seats. 4:30pm return on an A319, less than half full. F was booked up both ways but the SJC-PDX leg had 4 of the 6 exit row seats empty

What business traveller would fly on a 11:50am flight? Too early to go into the office at PDX and by the time you get to SJC, it's around 2pm, which means at best a 2:30pm arrival at one's meeting place/customer site. I wouldn't worry about the sparse numbers on a lunchtime flight on a Wednesday but if a Monday morning flight had the same numbers then yes, AS should worry. 4:30pm return is a little worrisome as the assumption would be that some folks who had wrapped up meetings/work at around 3:00pm could make that flight and get home to PDX in time for dinner at home. As for SJC originating traffic, I guess some might take that flight or perhaps an even later one to position themselves for early meetings the next day in Portland.

RWA380

Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:58 pm

AS737MAX wrote:
Flew PDX-SJC-PDX on a mileage run today. 11:50am departure on a 738, not full at all, multiple empty Y+ seats. 4:30pm return on an A319, less than half full. F was booked up both ways but the SJC-PDX leg had 4 of the 6 exit row seats empty.

Obviously, butts in seats doesn't provide an exact indication of financials or route health, but it's hard not to defend AS when they start to cut frequencies when they can't fill up planes.

Try taking the early PDX-SJC flight on a Sunday morning, we were the only three in F & the back was open for football tossing contests. We were on the 737-800. It was less than 30 minutes on the ground & off to Kona we went.

Oddly when we deplaned, I saw the SEA flight arrive just after ours got in, everyone on our flight seemed to transfer onto the Kona flight, when we got on the F cabin had two people in it, by the time both PDX & SEA passengers boarded we were at capacity.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

AS737MAX

Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:21 pm

zonks wrote:
AS737MAX wrote:
Flew PDX-SJC-PDX on a mileage run today. 11:50am departure on a 738, not full at all, multiple empty Y+ seats. 4:30pm return on an A319, less than half full. F was booked up both ways but the SJC-PDX leg had 4 of the 6 exit row seats empty

What business traveller would fly on a 11:50am flight? Too early to go into the office at PDX and by the time you get to SJC, it's around 2pm, which means at best a 2:30pm arrival at one's meeting place/customer site. I wouldn't worry about the sparse numbers on a lunchtime flight on a Wednesday but if a Monday morning flight had the same numbers then yes, AS should worry. 4:30pm return is a little worrisome as the assumption would be that some folks who had wrapped up meetings/work at around 3:00pm could make that flight and get home to PDX in time for dinner at home. As for SJC originating traffic, I guess some might take that flight or perhaps an even later one to position themselves for early meetings the next day in Portland.

I understand your point, and wanted to point out that there's been some contention on this thread in the past that AS kept cutting cutting cutting or swapping for smaller jets. Shouldn't a hub to a focus city be slightly more full, regardless of timing? The passenger in the window seat of my side of the row had his credit card and parking garage ticket in hand upon deplaning - clearly he had been down and back for the day.
RWA380 wrote:
AS737MAX wrote:

Try taking the early PDX-SJC flight on a Sunday morning, we were the only three in F & the back was open for football tossing contests. We were on the 737-800. It was less than 30 minutes on the ground & off to Kona we went.

Oddly when we deplaned, I saw the SEA flight arrive just after ours got in, everyone on our flight seemed to transfer onto the Kona flight, when we got on the F cabin had two people in it, by the time both PDX & SEA passengers boarded we were at capacity.

The flight was so empty that I got the notification that boarding had begun at 3:50pm, and I was at the further north end and started heading to gate 28, and at 3:55pm, they came on the PA that they were boarding All Groups, All Rows for 1381 to Portland. I was literally the last passenger to board.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos