VS4ever wrote:BDL - Data thru October
Source file: https://bradleyairport.com/wp-content/u ... umbers.pdf
NOTE: there appears to be an adjustment to the 2018 numbers YTD of about 1,000 pax, there is no way of knowing from the reporting where those numbers have been adjusted, as BDL only show total comparatives, not individual airline ones. (although the totals were adjusted Aug 18 and prior, that much i do know)
File Location: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B61t8 ... VRWdmc5SkE
Month Oct 19:
The diverging nature of the airlines can certainly be seen in the Oct numbers
Overall: 582,896 vs 585,337, down 0.4%, but that really doesn't tell the whole story here..
Outbound (Enplane): 296,471 vs 295,060 up 0.5%
Inbound (Deplane): 286,425 vs 290,277 down 1.3%
So already you have a drop in the Inbound numbers, but then dive into the totals by airline and the fun continues. I am analyzing these in order of total pax (and thus market share) carried in the month, figures include regionals and mainline where appropriate.
1. AA - 149,342 vs 145,237 up 2.8% overall, to maintain #1 share with 25.6% up 0.8% over the prior year. Interesting on a net basis, the increase of 4,105 was almost entirely due to increases in mainline (4,103), so ups and downs in the regionals offset each other apart from 2 pax. Outbound was up 3.9% (2,816), driven by increases in Mainline and Republic, offset by the other regionals. Inbound: 74,435 vs 73,146 for a 1.8% increase (1,289) also driven by increases in Mainline and Republic. AA now have a 32,000 gap month vs month 18 to 19 from them to #2, which is...
2. DL - yep, DL passed WN for #2 spot from Oct 18 to Oct 19 and it's not even close, almost 11K difference. DL itself was flat as a pancake, 117,971 vs 117,936 to keep its 20.2% market share. However big switch from Endeavor to Mainline and from Skywest to Trans States. Outbound was up 2.7% (1,552), mainline being up 7.1%
3. WN - they've dropped back to 3rd for a reason with a 15.5% reduction over the prior year. from 126,530 to 106,980 with a drop in market share of over 3%
4. B6 - no chance they are catching WN any time soon in an October, but the gap closed from 60,000 down to 34,000 and they took over 4th spot from UA. B6 increased by 9.5% from 66,378 to 72,707 and market share up from 11.3% to 12.5%
5. UA - slipped back to 5th, as a result of an overall 10.5% reduction vs prior year 73,662 down to 65,957 primarily due to a 12% reduction in mainline and an almost perfect switch with B6 for market share with 12.6% down to 11.3%
6. NK - pretty flat with a 3% increase from 41,536 to 42,779 and due to the reductions elsewhere a slight up tick in share to 7.3%
7. International - 7.6% up for the year with 850 from QK (16% up) and 200 from EI (2.4% up) with a total of 15,086 up from 14,023.
8. F9 - First year in an October for F9, with 12,109, and a 2.1% share.
Another mixture here, of the biggest players B6 are the winners with 6.3% growth (44,058), F9 with 84,738 from a standing start, DL next with 5.5% (58,407) and NK with 10.0% (38,534) and AA up 1.6% (22,192), offset by UA down 8.4% (54,266) WN down 8.2% (105,009) and International 1.4% (2,023)
Overall YTD up by 1.5% (5,643,731 vs 5,562,399) - 81K
Top 2 rankings remain the same AA is #1 (1,371,137) for a 24.3% share (flat). WN is #2 (1,178,285) for a 20.9% share (down 2.2% share and thus the gap to AA is increasing)
#3 is DL (1,111,811) continue to close the gap on WN, and are now within 70,000, market share up from 18.9% to 19.7%
#4 is B6 (745,229) who are pretty much cemented in this position, share is 13.2% up 0.6%
#5 is UA (590,051) pretty comfortable ahead of NK, but the gap is closing.. share is 10.5% down 1.1%
#6 is NK (424,170) up to 7.5% share (up 0.6%) and as noted closing the gap on UA, but have a way to go.
#7 is International (137,873) drops for D8 (pull out) and DL off set by upticks for AC and EI (4,000 and 1,800 respectively)
#8 is F9 with 84,738 from a standing start,
Rolling basis: 6,749,350 overall, with AA leading the charge at 1,630,126 and WN having a 125k lead over DL, but it's dropping..
Based on my current estimate, I expect BDL to run just under 6.8m this year vs just under 6.7m last year. the drops in WN and UA are dragging everything down sadly, but happy to see an overall 100K uplift YOY.
Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe
Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days
Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit
Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior
Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft
Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials
Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions
Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin
Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon
Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos
Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft
Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries
Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground
Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos