• 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 14
 
winter
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:01 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:05 am

Blerg wrote:
winter wrote:
pdp wrote:
Sort-of news but I was on LO287 (WAW-LCY) earlier on today and it was completely full! For a young route that’s very impressive performance when you consider the amount of capacity between the London and Warsaw metro areas:

5x LHR-WAW daily (2 BA/3 LO)
2x LCY-WAW daily (LO)
3/4x LTN-WAW daily (W6)
3x STN-WMI daily (FR)

Nice flight too, will do a write-up for the Trip Reports forum soon(tm).


The average load factor on the new WAW-LCY is below 50%.


When was this route launched? Hopefully loads are picking up.

IIRC Jan 17, 2019
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 2889
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:07 am

LO must be down significant Dreamliners to have to extend the KF lease until late September. Now OO-ABD will be doing WAW-JFK, WAW-EWR, and RZE-EWR. On some days, this could mean that at the same time, there are two Air Belgium A343s on the ground at EWR (OO-ABB under a Speedbird callsign and OO-ABD under a LOT callsign).

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 0469413888

I always wonder why the leased metal from European airlines often ends up going to JFK or EWR; last year, it was an NO B789 operating for LOT for a time. At least AB A343s have J, but much less than LO (KF reconfigured their A343s). (The NO B789 at W28Y331 had no J, only W, Y+, and Y.)
 
SRQLOT
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:02 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
LO must be down significant Dreamliners to have to extend the KF lease until late September. Now OO-ABD will be doing WAW-JFK, WAW-EWR, and RZE-EWR. On some days, this could mean that at the same time, there are two Air Belgium A343s on the ground at EWR (OO-ABB under a Speedbird callsign and OO-ABD under a LOT callsign).

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 0469413888

I always wonder why the leased metal from European airlines often ends up going to JFK or EWR; last year, it was an NO B789 operating for LOT for a time. At least AB A343s have J, but much less than LO (KF reconfigured their A343s). (The NO B789 at W28Y331 had no J, only W, Y+, and Y.)



I wrote further up thread that RR probably will not get the 2 787-8 up by Summer schedule like hoped for. The good thing is LOT is being proactive and actually got it leased that far ahead so it doesn’t have to worry about loosing a plane in the summer.

As for why JKF and EWR? They have to fly the leased planes somewhere. I think when they put leased planes to BUD it was a bit uproar that lower quality product got dumped there, and I can tell you that highlanders will not stand for lower quality product to ORD from KRK or WAW. The Asian routes and and LAX are a bit more prestige I guess so can’t see lower quality product be put in there. YYZ always gets the new airplanes.
LO LH CL BA AZ WN UA DL AA B6 NK
WAW,KRK,FRA,LGW,FCO,ORD,MDW,LAS,DFW,ATL,RDU BNA,BHM,BOS,DTW,FLL,MCO,RSW,TPA,SRQ (LOT,C09,LL40,DPA,6S8)
717 737-3/7/8/9/M8 744 757-2/3 763 788 319 320 321 333 M90 RJ85 CR9 Q400 E195 (PA28,152)
 
tomgle
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:01 am

winter wrote:
pdp wrote:
Sort-of news but I was on LO287 (WAW-LCY) earlier on today and it was completely full! For a young route that’s very impressive performance when you consider the amount of capacity between the London and Warsaw metro areas:

5x LHR-WAW daily (2 BA/3 LO)
2x LCY-WAW daily (LO)
3/4x LTN-WAW daily (W6)
3x STN-WMI daily (FR)

Nice flight too, will do a write-up for the Trip Reports forum soon(tm).


The average load factor on the new WAW-LCY is below 50%.


Do you have a source for that?
 
digitalcloud
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:03 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:02 am

pdp wrote:
Sort-of news but I was on LO287 (WAW-LCY) earlier on today and it was completely full! For a young route that’s very impressive performance when you consider the amount of capacity between the London and Warsaw metro areas:

5x LHR-WAW daily (2 BA/3 LO)
2x LCY-WAW daily (LO)
3/4x LTN-WAW daily (W6)
3x STN-WMI daily (FR)

Nice flight too, will do a write-up for the Trip Reports forum soon(tm).
That's not necessarily impressive performance, what's to say it was profitable?

Re average LF below 50%, again, perhaps the business class demand is high with fares at £400 each. There's more to it than how many people are on the plane.
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:31 pm

digitalcloud wrote:
pdp wrote:
Sort-of news but I was on LO287 (WAW-LCY) earlier on today and it was completely full! For a young route that’s very impressive performance when you consider the amount of capacity between the London and Warsaw metro areas:

5x LHR-WAW daily (2 BA/3 LO)
2x LCY-WAW daily (LO)
3/4x LTN-WAW daily (W6)
3x STN-WMI daily (FR)

Nice flight too, will do a write-up for the Trip Reports forum soon(tm).
That's not necessarily impressive performance, what's to say it was profitable?

Re average LF below 50%, again, perhaps the business class demand is high with fares at £400 each. There's more to it than how many people are on the plane.

Hear, hear!!!

If only more posters on this website would grasp this, then many a mile of threads where the main argument is "airline X should fly to YYY because there is such a huge diaspora there" could be avoided.
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 2889
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:33 pm

SRQLOT wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:
LO must be down significant Dreamliners to have to extend the KF lease until late September. Now OO-ABD will be doing WAW-JFK, WAW-EWR, and RZE-EWR. On some days, this could mean that at the same time, there are two Air Belgium A343s on the ground at EWR (OO-ABB under a Speedbird callsign and OO-ABD under a LOT callsign).

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 0469413888

I always wonder why the leased metal from European airlines often ends up going to JFK or EWR; last year, it was an NO B789 operating for LOT for a time. At least AB A343s have J, but much less than LO (KF reconfigured their A343s). (The NO B789 at W28Y331 had no J, only W, Y+, and Y.)



I wrote further up thread that RR probably will not get the 2 787-8 up by Summer schedule like hoped for. The good thing is LOT is being proactive and actually got it leased that far ahead so it doesn’t have to worry about loosing a plane in the summer.

As for why JKF and EWR? They have to fly the leased planes somewhere. I think when they put leased planes to BUD it was a bit uproar that lower quality product got dumped there, and I can tell you that highlanders will not stand for lower quality product to ORD from KRK or WAW. The Asian routes and and LAX are a bit more prestige I guess so can’t see lower quality product be put in there. YYZ always gets the new airplanes.


That is interesting about BUD since YU actually reconfigured the planes and put in new seats...this is unlike 5K/5M, which keeps whatever configuration the previous operator had. (KF also reconfigured the planes to its specs.)
 
emuwarveteran
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:08 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
If only more posters on this website would grasp this, then many a mile of threads where the main argument is "airline X should fly to YYY because there is such a huge diaspora there" could be avoided.


I feel like it's time for LOT to move past opening routes to diaspora markets and focus on business stuff. IAD, SFO, HKG
CL CRJ9, W6 A320
 
User avatar
OceanAir
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:27 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:58 am

emuwarveteran wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
If only more posters on this website would grasp this, then many a mile of threads where the main argument is "airline X should fly to YYY because there is such a huge diaspora there" could be avoided.


I feel like it's time for LOT to move past opening routes to diaspora markets and focus on business stuff. IAD, SFO, HKG


And what if diaspora markets are also "business stuff", if not even more profitable? Not all countries/cities have markets to say HKG but might have a massive market to say BOS (Ireland). Have you ever flown LY from NYC to TLV or UA to DEL/BOM? Killer routes. People here just don't understand that LO makes a LOT of money on its bread and butter trunk routes.
 
thepinkmachine
Posts: 369
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:51 am

From another website - LOT reportedly trying to obtain Haneda slots to supplement the current NRT route.
"Tell my wife I am trawling Atlantis - and I still have my hands on the wheel…"
 
emuwarveteran
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:36 pm

OceanAir wrote:
And what if diaspora markets are also "business stuff", if not even more profitable? Not all countries/cities have markets to say HKG but might have a massive market to say BOS (Ireland). Have you ever flown LY from NYC to TLV or UA to DEL/BOM? Killer routes. People here just don't understand that LO makes a LOT of money on its bread and butter trunk routes.


By diaspora markets I mean DTW, BUF etc. which people seem to be obsessed with (yes, LOT actually wanted to open a route to BUF last year .-.)
CL CRJ9, W6 A320
 
SRQLOT
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:57 pm

There is an article that came out today about LOT Cargo. I know there was one a month ago about how LOT was going to work on making their cargo ops even better. Today’s article has the boss of cargo ops saying that LOT is the world leader in filling up the belly of the 787-9. They filled 31 tons one time compared to a 747 Cargo which can fill 100 tons on both decks. I think that’s impressive!

LOT got a certificate to carry temp sensitive medications out of Poland which is the 25th exporter/importer in the world, and about 26m dollars in shipping.

Which routes are LOTs best for moving cargo?

https://businessinsider.com.pl/firmy/st ... ow/v2wry4c
LO LH CL BA AZ WN UA DL AA B6 NK
WAW,KRK,FRA,LGW,FCO,ORD,MDW,LAS,DFW,ATL,RDU BNA,BHM,BOS,DTW,FLL,MCO,RSW,TPA,SRQ (LOT,C09,LL40,DPA,6S8)
717 737-3/7/8/9/M8 744 757-2/3 763 788 319 320 321 333 M90 RJ85 CR9 Q400 E195 (PA28,152)
 
User avatar
dennypayne
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:38 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:16 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
LO must be down significant Dreamliners to have to extend the KF lease until late September. Now OO-ABD will be doing WAW-JFK, WAW-EWR, and RZE-EWR.

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 0469413888

I always wonder why the leased metal from European airlines often ends up going to JFK or EWR; last year, it was an NO B789 operating for LOT for a time. At least AB A343s have J, but much less than LO (KF reconfigured their A343s). (The NO B789 at W28Y331 had no J, only W, Y+, and Y.)


My reservation on 24 Sep WAW-JFK just got converted from the 787-8 to the AB 343, and it looks like they bumped my Y+ seats to J. So they really must not have much paid J booked at this point if there's less available. Wonder what the chances are that they'll get the -8's back in service before then?

I really hope they don't change the outbound from the 787-9 - I'm aiming for that to be my first flight on one of those.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
A300/310/319/320/321/332/333/343/380 AN24/28/38/148 AT7 B190
B717/722/732/3/4/5/7/8/9 742/744/752/753/762/763/764/772/773/788/789
CR2/7/9 D8S D93/4/5 DHC2/3/7/8 D28/38 EMB/EM2/ER3/D/4/E70/75/90
F50/100 J31 L10 L410 M11/80/90 RJ85 SF3 SU9 T134/154 Y42
 
Blerg
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:56 am

Does anyone know how WAW is performing so far in 2019?
 
lyngbyvej
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:53 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:09 am

Blerg wrote:
Does anyone know how WAW is performing so far in 2019?


January 2019 - 1.192.900
February 2019 - 1.168.100
March 2019 - 1.300.000

On average +8%
 
Blerg
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:18 am

lyngbyvej wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Does anyone know how WAW is performing so far in 2019?


January 2019 - 1.192.900
February 2019 - 1.168.100
March 2019 - 1.300.000

On average +8%


Impressive, thanks. I guess airlines were forced to use higher capacity planes due to space restrictions?
 
tomgle
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:24 am

dennypayne wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:
LO must be down significant Dreamliners to have to extend the KF lease until late September. Now OO-ABD will be doing WAW-JFK, WAW-EWR, and RZE-EWR.

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 0469413888

I always wonder why the leased metal from European airlines often ends up going to JFK or EWR; last year, it was an NO B789 operating for LOT for a time. At least AB A343s have J, but much less than LO (KF reconfigured their A343s). (The NO B789 at W28Y331 had no J, only W, Y+, and Y.)


My reservation on 24 Sep WAW-JFK just got converted from the 787-8 to the AB 343, and it looks like they bumped my Y+ seats to J. So they really must not have much paid J booked at this point if there's less available. Wonder what the chances are that they'll get the -8's back in service before then?

I really hope they don't change the outbound from the 787-9 - I'm aiming for that to be my first flight on one of those.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


AB have 3 different configurations for their A340s (https://www.airbelgium.com/en/on-board/seating-map) - all of these have at least as many or more J seats as an LO 787-8. Does anyone know which config LO has operating for them? 2 out of the 3 configurations have no premium economy, but lots of J, so some people might have been bumped up to J.
 
bennett123
Posts: 8947
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:05 am

Might be your last chance to fly on an A340-300.
 
Milka
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:20 am

tomgle wrote:
AB have 3 different configurations for their A340s (https://www.airbelgium.com/en/on-board/seating-map) - all of these have at least as many or more J seats as an LO 787-8. Does anyone know which config LO has operating for them? 2 out of the 3 configurations have no premium economy, but lots of J, so some people might have been bumped up to J.


F24 shows that only OO-ABD is currently flying for LOT and according to planespotters it is configured C18W21Y264.
 
SRQLOT
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:55 am

Say it isn’t so! Prince Polo is out at LOT. Well I did have Grzeski and they are pretty good too. I guess they will make a nice couple with Franek lol.

https://businessinsider.com.pl/firmy/za ... ow/68f37pm
LO LH CL BA AZ WN UA DL AA B6 NK
WAW,KRK,FRA,LGW,FCO,ORD,MDW,LAS,DFW,ATL,RDU BNA,BHM,BOS,DTW,FLL,MCO,RSW,TPA,SRQ (LOT,C09,LL40,DPA,6S8)
717 737-3/7/8/9/M8 744 757-2/3 763 788 319 320 321 333 M90 RJ85 CR9 Q400 E195 (PA28,152)
 
tomgle
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Wed May 01, 2019 6:24 pm

SP-LSE, the fifth 787-9, was delivered this afternoon, and is already operating LO45 to Toronto.
 
SRQLOT
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Wed May 01, 2019 9:51 pm

And SP-LRF will be delivered at the beginning of June with I can only imagine first flight to Toronto.

SP-LRG will be the first airplane made in Charleston for LOT with delivery around end of October. Hopefully Boeing will have their **ap put together in Charleston by then.
LO LH CL BA AZ WN UA DL AA B6 NK
WAW,KRK,FRA,LGW,FCO,ORD,MDW,LAS,DFW,ATL,RDU BNA,BHM,BOS,DTW,FLL,MCO,RSW,TPA,SRQ (LOT,C09,LL40,DPA,6S8)
717 737-3/7/8/9/M8 744 757-2/3 763 788 319 320 321 333 M90 RJ85 CR9 Q400 E195 (PA28,152)
 
ek241yyz
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Wed May 01, 2019 10:06 pm

SRQLOT wrote:
And SP-LRF will be delivered at the beginning of June with I can only imagine first flight to Toronto.

SP-LRG will be the first airplane made in Charleston for LOT with delivery around end of October. Hopefully Boeing will have their **ap put together in Charleston by then.


I think you mean LSF/LSG....those are 788s you mentioned and they're already in the fleet.

Notice how every new plane goes to YYZ after delivery. You dont need to fill out paperwork (and I think some fee involved) to send new a.c to Canada, however to the us you need to. I forgot the official name of the process...
Besides, YYZ has an experienced and knowledgable team there, they can handle anything !
Travel often; getting lost will help you find yourself.
 
SRQLOT
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Wed May 01, 2019 11:49 pm

ek241yyz wrote:
SRQLOT wrote:
And SP-LRF will be delivered at the beginning of June with I can only imagine first flight to Toronto.

SP-LRG will be the first airplane made in Charleston for LOT with delivery around end of October. Hopefully Boeing will have their **ap put together in Charleston by then.


I think you mean LSF/LSG....those are 788s you mentioned and they're already in the fleet.

Notice how every new plane goes to YYZ after delivery. You dont need to fill out paperwork (and I think some fee involved) to send new a.c to Canada, however to the us you need to. I forgot the official name of the process...
Besides, YYZ has an experienced and knowledgable team there, they can handle anything !



Yes, my bad lol! I always mess up something when I type on my phone because I can't read whatever I'm writing about it.

And thanks!! I always wondered about all new 787s going to YYZ
LO LH CL BA AZ WN UA DL AA B6 NK
WAW,KRK,FRA,LGW,FCO,ORD,MDW,LAS,DFW,ATL,RDU BNA,BHM,BOS,DTW,FLL,MCO,RSW,TPA,SRQ (LOT,C09,LL40,DPA,6S8)
717 737-3/7/8/9/M8 744 757-2/3 763 788 319 320 321 333 M90 RJ85 CR9 Q400 E195 (PA28,152)
 
SRQLOT
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon May 06, 2019 10:22 pm

So LOT has a new borrowed airplane in the fleet thru may. Smartlynx 320 and with two Air Belgium 343 this has to be a record for Airbuses in LOTs fleet. Also still in place 2 from Blue Air 737-800 and 2 from Get Jet 737-400.
LO LH CL BA AZ WN UA DL AA B6 NK
WAW,KRK,FRA,LGW,FCO,ORD,MDW,LAS,DFW,ATL,RDU BNA,BHM,BOS,DTW,FLL,MCO,RSW,TPA,SRQ (LOT,C09,LL40,DPA,6S8)
717 737-3/7/8/9/M8 744 757-2/3 763 788 319 320 321 333 M90 RJ85 CR9 Q400 E195 (PA28,152)
 
Milka
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Tue May 14, 2019 9:54 am

First rendering of what the new CPK might look like, to be honest it looks nothing special and its only a very basic sketch of what they are planning but its a first look.

Image
 
tomgle
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Tue May 14, 2019 8:47 pm

Parliamentary elections this Autumn, we'll see what happens then...
 
wilgaking
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:27 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:16 pm

Today (June 1st), LOT operates its inaugural service from Warsaw to Miami. It will be flown 4 times per week using B787-8. https://www.bizjournals.com/southflorid ... oland.html
 
gregpodpl
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:49 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:48 pm

Tiny correction for WAW-MIA: it will be (as on other routes) mix of -8 and -9. -9 is already schedule for June 5th.
 
pdp
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:37 pm

No news link, but LUZ opened the new departure lounge extension on Wednesday. Pictures are on Facebook and include a render of a somewhat larger airport including a single jetbridge!

Unless the management know something we don't, a significantly larger terminal wouldn't really be necessary right now given that at most there are two aircraft on the ramp at once (albeit both A321s). Still rumours circulate of LOT moving some flights there though...
 
lyngbyvej
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:53 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:36 am

Statistics from BUD for 1Q (source: https://budflyer.blog.hu/2019/06/01/ero ... budapesten)

LOT New York

Január 1742 passengers 3024 seats available 57,6% (12 flights)

Február 1749 4032 43,3% (16 járat)

Március 4196 8820 47,5% (35 járat)

LOT Chicago

Január 878 1260 69,6% (5 járat)

Február 375 1512 24,8% (6 járat)

Március 1735 4536 38,2% (18 járat)
 
Blerg
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:46 am

Is it me or is BUD-ORD disastrous in February and March? I can only imagine that LO is getting some sort of financial support for these flights as I am sure they can't be too happy about them and that they would have axed them a long time ago if it was entirely up to them.
 
dean
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:39 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:48 am

lyngbyvej wrote:
Statistics from BUD for 1Q


Thanks for posting this! Very surprising that these routes are still open...
 
lyngbyvej
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:53 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:26 am

dean wrote:
lyngbyvej wrote:
Statistics from BUD for 1Q


Thanks for posting this! Very surprising that these routes are still open...


I think there is some political motivation behind these flights. Otherwise, 24% for Chicago in February is just a disaster.
I think they will keep them counting on transit passengers from CEE. This autumn they are supposed to lunch flights to BUD from Bucharest, Prague, Sofia... There are rumors about Zagreb, maybe Belgrade.

At the occasion of the Miami flights inauguration, LOT representative spoke about the strategy they are working on. He mentioned that LOT would like to launch in the coming years flights to Vietnam (Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh).
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:41 am

lyngbyvej wrote:
dean wrote:
lyngbyvej wrote:
Statistics from BUD for 1Q


Thanks for posting this! Very surprising that these routes are still open...


I think there is some political motivation behind these flights. Otherwise, 24% for Chicago in February is just a disaster.
I think they will keep them counting on transit passengers from CEE. This autumn they are supposed to lunch flights to BUD from Bucharest, Prague, Sofia... There are rumors about Zagreb, maybe Belgrade.

At the occasion of the Miami flights inauguration, LOT representative spoke about the strategy they are working on. He mentioned that LOT would like to launch in the coming years flights to Vietnam (Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh).

Oh no, that can't be...political motivation? Any LOT fanboy on this website will tell you that LOT is run on purely commercial grounds, in spite of being 100% government owned, having made (humble) profits for just a few years, and making questionable decisions, at best. 24% load factor, when you have only 6 flights to fill in an entire month? And I can't even imagine the trash levels of the yields they can command... Or, well, yes, I can imagine.... Oh, wait, they will have feed from Bucharest, Sofia and maybe Belgrade? Oh, ok, problem solved, then! :roll:

Starting Vietnam? Again? (No, I'm not referring to the good ol' commie days.) They ran a disastrous Hanoi flight not long ago. Have a go at it again?? Really?..
 
lyngbyvej
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:53 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:49 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
lyngbyvej wrote:
dean wrote:

Thanks for posting this! Very surprising that these routes are still open...


I think there is some political motivation behind these flights. Otherwise, 24% for Chicago in February is just a disaster.
I think they will keep them counting on transit passengers from CEE. This autumn they are supposed to lunch flights to BUD from Bucharest, Prague, Sofia... There are rumors about Zagreb, maybe Belgrade.

At the occasion of the Miami flights inauguration, LOT representative spoke about the strategy they are working on. He mentioned that LOT would like to launch in the coming years flights to Vietnam (Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh).

Oh no, that can't be...political motivation? Any LOT fanboy on this website will tell you that LOT is run on purely commercial grounds, in spite of being 100% government owned, having made (humble) profits for just a few years, and making questionable decisions, at best. 24% load factor, when you have only 6 flights to fill in an entire month? And I can't even imagine the trash levels of the yields they can command... Or, well, yes, I can imagine.... Oh, wait, they will have feed from Bucharest, Sofia and maybe Belgrade? Oh, ok, problem solved, then! :roll:

Starting Vietnam? Again? (No, I'm not referring to the good ol' commie days.) They ran a disastrous Hanoi flight not long ago. Have a go at it again?? Really?..


I am not saying that this is a good plan. I am saying it seems that this is their plan. :) It looks like they do not have any better idea for their Dreamliners.

I know that their last attempt to fly to Vietnam was not very successful, but I think Vietnam might be a better idea than Sri Lanka...
 
lhrsfosyd91
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:47 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:58 am

The Polish will continue to fantasise of becoming the TK of Eastern Europe and a megahub that pales in comparison to IST.

The growth is too steep and the premium cabins are tiny which means the airline is exposed heavily in the next economic downturn as it relies on low yield transfer traffic.

And don't even get me started on the amount of money that will be spent on the CPL airport. How come the British and the Indians can make a single runway work for over 40m passengers annually and the Polish can't?
 
Blerg
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:29 am

One can also argue that Turks kept on fantasizing about becoming the next DXB, no one seemed to care about that.

Just because WAW isn't IST doesn't mean it can't be a respectable hub for its own region. After all, LO did record a profit last year. No need for such negativity coming from your side. I think it's respectable what they are trying to do.
 
pdp
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:51 am

lhrsfosyd91 wrote:
The Polish will continue to fantasise of becoming the TK of Eastern Europe and a megahub that pales in comparison to IST.

The growth is too steep and the premium cabins are tiny which means the airline is exposed heavily in the next economic downturn as it relies on low yield transfer traffic.

And don't even get me started on the amount of money that will be spent on the CPL airport. How come the British and the Indians can make a single runway work for over 40m passengers annually and the Polish can't?


It's not the runway but the ramp. The non-schengen area is constantly rammed, especially early evening with the Newark and Kennedy departures. Add to this an increasing amount of budget airlines who don't want to use Modlin (because it's an hour away from Warszawa Centralna realistically) and you have a very tight operation.
 
lhrsfosyd91
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:47 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:10 am

Blerg wrote:
One can also argue that Turks kept on fantasizing about becoming the next DXB, no one seemed to care about that.

Just because WAW isn't IST doesn't mean it can't be a respectable hub for its own region. After all, LO did record a profit last year. No need for such negativity coming from your side. I think it's respectable what they are trying to do.


TK's business model cannot be replicated in WAW. Vastly different population with marginal domestic travel, disadvantagous geographical position to link anything else other than Eastern Europe with North America and lack of O&D to and from WAW which is partly a result of marginal immigration to Poland and party because Warsaw isn't a trade hub the size of Istanbul.
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:18 am

lyngbyvej wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
lyngbyvej wrote:

I think there is some political motivation behind these flights. Otherwise, 24% for Chicago in February is just a disaster.
I think they will keep them counting on transit passengers from CEE. This autumn they are supposed to lunch flights to BUD from Bucharest, Prague, Sofia... There are rumors about Zagreb, maybe Belgrade.

At the occasion of the Miami flights inauguration, LOT representative spoke about the strategy they are working on. He mentioned that LOT would like to launch in the coming years flights to Vietnam (Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh).

Oh no, that can't be...political motivation? Any LOT fanboy on this website will tell you that LOT is run on purely commercial grounds, in spite of being 100% government owned, having made (humble) profits for just a few years, and making questionable decisions, at best. 24% load factor, when you have only 6 flights to fill in an entire month? And I can't even imagine the trash levels of the yields they can command... Or, well, yes, I can imagine.... Oh, wait, they will have feed from Bucharest, Sofia and maybe Belgrade? Oh, ok, problem solved, then! :roll:

Starting Vietnam? Again? (No, I'm not referring to the good ol' commie days.) They ran a disastrous Hanoi flight not long ago. Have a go at it again?? Really?..


I am not saying that this is a good plan. I am saying it seems that this is their plan. :) It looks like they do not have any better idea for their Dreamliners.

I know that their last attempt to fly to Vietnam was not very successful, but I think Vietnam might be a better idea than Sri Lanka...

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you agree with the proposed plan, your post makes abundantly clear that you don't. I just took your post as a starting point for a discussion.

Also, I agree that Vietnam is a better (although not a good) idea than Sri Lanka, especially with the downturn in traffic to the latter after the tragic terrorist attacks there. Still, it is Colombo that attracts LOT's attention.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:54 am

lhrsfosyd91 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
One can also argue that Turks kept on fantasizing about becoming the next DXB, no one seemed to care about that.

Just because WAW isn't IST doesn't mean it can't be a respectable hub for its own region. After all, LO did record a profit last year. No need for such negativity coming from your side. I think it's respectable what they are trying to do.


TK's business model cannot be replicated in WAW. Vastly different population with marginal domestic travel, disadvantagous geographical position to link anything else other than Eastern Europe with North America and lack of O&D to and from WAW which is partly a result of marginal immigration to Poland and party because Warsaw isn't a trade hub the size of Istanbul.


What are you going on about? You are the only one who is obsessing about Poles wanting to recreate what TK has done in Istanbul. From what I know they never said such a thing and they are expanding to markets where there is enough demand to fill seats either with diaspora or with transfer passengers. Look at LO's network especially to secondary European cities and you will see that a lot of them are successful because they managed to create and stimulate demand. Unless you really believe there is enough O&D demand for three, four daily flights from Warsaw to Budapest, Bucharest, Sofia...

Furthermore, even if Poles were obsessing about any aviation model why should it be TK when they are a recent player in this sort of game? Airlines such as British Airways, Lufthansa, SAS, Icelandair, KLM, Iberia... have been doing it for a much longer period of time. In addition to that, I believe LO was after transfer passengers for a long time now, even during the Cold War Era.

Finally, like I wrote earlier, LO managed to record a profit so they seem to be know what they are doing.
 
lhrsfosyd91
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:47 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:25 am

Blerg wrote:
lhrsfosyd91 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
One can also argue that Turks kept on fantasizing about becoming the next DXB, no one seemed to care about that.

Just because WAW isn't IST doesn't mean it can't be a respectable hub for its own region. After all, LO did record a profit last year. No need for such negativity coming from your side. I think it's respectable what they are trying to do.


TK's business model cannot be replicated in WAW. Vastly different population with marginal domestic travel, disadvantagous geographical position to link anything else other than Eastern Europe with North America and lack of O&D to and from WAW which is partly a result of marginal immigration to Poland and party because Warsaw isn't a trade hub the size of Istanbul.


What are you going on about? You are the only one who is obsessing about Poles wanting to recreate what TK has done in Istanbul. From what I know they never said such a thing and they are expanding to markets where there is enough demand to fill seats either with diaspora or with transfer passengers. Look at LO's network especially to secondary European cities and you will see that a lot of them are successful because they managed to create and stimulate demand. Unless you really believe there is enough O&D demand for three, four daily flights from Warsaw to Budapest, Bucharest, Sofia...

Furthermore, even if Poles were obsessing about any aviation model why should it be TK when they are a recent player in this sort of game? Airlines such as British Airways, Lufthansa, SAS, Icelandair, KLM, Iberia... have been doing it for a much longer period of time. In addition to that, I believe LO was after transfer passengers for a long time now, even during the Cold War Era.

Finally, like I wrote earlier, LO managed to record a profit so they seem to be know what they are doing.


Do you mind sharing with us financial report for 2018?
 
Blerg
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:40 am

lhrsfosyd91 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
lhrsfosyd91 wrote:

TK's business model cannot be replicated in WAW. Vastly different population with marginal domestic travel, disadvantagous geographical position to link anything else other than Eastern Europe with North America and lack of O&D to and from WAW which is partly a result of marginal immigration to Poland and party because Warsaw isn't a trade hub the size of Istanbul.


What are you going on about? You are the only one who is obsessing about Poles wanting to recreate what TK has done in Istanbul. From what I know they never said such a thing and they are expanding to markets where there is enough demand to fill seats either with diaspora or with transfer passengers. Look at LO's network especially to secondary European cities and you will see that a lot of them are successful because they managed to create and stimulate demand. Unless you really believe there is enough O&D demand for three, four daily flights from Warsaw to Budapest, Bucharest, Sofia...

Furthermore, even if Poles were obsessing about any aviation model why should it be TK when they are a recent player in this sort of game? Airlines such as British Airways, Lufthansa, SAS, Icelandair, KLM, Iberia... have been doing it for a much longer period of time. In addition to that, I believe LO was after transfer passengers for a long time now, even during the Cold War Era.

Finally, like I wrote earlier, LO managed to record a profit so they seem to be know what they are doing.


Do you mind sharing with us financial report for 2018?


I think the one for 2018 is still not out but in 2017 they had a 354 million PLN profit which roughly translates to 82 million Euros.
 
lhrsfosyd91
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:47 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:29 pm

Blerg wrote:
lhrsfosyd91 wrote:
Blerg wrote:

What are you going on about? You are the only one who is obsessing about Poles wanting to recreate what TK has done in Istanbul. From what I know they never said such a thing and they are expanding to markets where there is enough demand to fill seats either with diaspora or with transfer passengers. Look at LO's network especially to secondary European cities and you will see that a lot of them are successful because they managed to create and stimulate demand. Unless you really believe there is enough O&D demand for three, four daily flights from Warsaw to Budapest, Bucharest, Sofia...

Furthermore, even if Poles were obsessing about any aviation model why should it be TK when they are a recent player in this sort of game? Airlines such as British Airways, Lufthansa, SAS, Icelandair, KLM, Iberia... have been doing it for a much longer period of time. In addition to that, I believe LO was after transfer passengers for a long time now, even during the Cold War Era.

Finally, like I wrote earlier, LO managed to record a profit so they seem to be know what they are doing.


Do you mind sharing with us financial report for 2018?


I think the one for 2018 is still not out but in 2017 they had a 354 million PLN profit which roughly translates to 82 million Euros.


Remind me, was what the growth in 2018?
 
SRQLOT
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:36 pm

Ah lovely I started missing the back and forth. There is a lot that can be said about the current gov in the non aviation forum, and All I got is bad stuff. Unfortunately this gov will probably win again and really ruin Poland. CPK is unneeded, BUD is a political decision since Hungarians are those brothers in arms. I really hoped BUD would work out, but between the irregular flights LOT has been dealing with, and maybe Hungarians don’t care to have another carrier. How have the KRK and WAW flights been doing? Anyways i don’t understand why they haven’t released 2018 financials yet.

In another news LOT is getting 3 more 737-800 planes That will be updated with seats and given polish registration. So initially I heard they were temporary from a leasing company for Max issues, but if they get polish sp registration will the be staying for longer? Also talk of Emb planes coming in too.
LO LH CL BA AZ WN UA DL AA B6 NK
WAW,KRK,FRA,LGW,FCO,ORD,MDW,LAS,DFW,ATL,RDU BNA,BHM,BOS,DTW,FLL,MCO,RSW,TPA,SRQ (LOT,C09,LL40,DPA,6S8)
717 737-3/7/8/9/M8 744 757-2/3 763 788 319 320 321 333 M90 RJ85 CR9 Q400 E195 (PA28,152)
 
smbukas
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:17 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:53 pm

Looking at the levels of growth and performance of LOT Polish Airlines in 2018, my subjective estimate is they should have around -10-15% negative margin and to record a loss of around 200M EUR in 2018.
Reasons for that:
- fast growth, especially in long-haul: every new route is losing money for the first 1-3 years;
- disastrous summer of 2018 with a high number of compensations paid for passengers;
- a general downturn of performance in the airline sector (as most of the airlines are reporting worse results in 2018 than in 2017); profit of LOT in 2017 was 7%;
- the high number of ACMI's being in due to problems with Dreamliners.

I'm generally a big fan of LOT and I have flown more than 50 sectors since the beginning of 2018 with them, but this pace of growth with operational problems not being solved it's just unsustainable.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:14 pm

lhrsfosyd91 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
lhrsfosyd91 wrote:

Do you mind sharing with us financial report for 2018?


I think the one for 2018 is still not out but in 2017 they had a 354 million PLN profit which roughly translates to 82 million Euros.


Remind me, was what the growth in 2018?


Google is your friend.
 
lhrsfosyd91
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:47 pm

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:28 pm

Blerg wrote:
lhrsfosyd91 wrote:
Blerg wrote:

I think the one for 2018 is still not out but in 2017 they had a 354 million PLN profit which roughly translates to 82 million Euros.


Remind me, was what the growth in 2018?


Google is your friend.


Looks like you're not getting much support on here. Do you want to share with us why the financials have not been published yet?
 
Blerg
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: LOT News Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:40 pm

lhrsfosyd91 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
lhrsfosyd91 wrote:

Remind me, was what the growth in 2018?


Google is your friend.


Looks like you're not getting much support on here. Do you want to share with us why the financials have not been published yet?


What support are you talking about? Much of what you write on here makes absolutely no sense at all. First you claim they are frantically copying TK and IST, then you claim they are expanding left and right without any logic, then you come up with some conspiracy theories as to why they didn't publish their 2018 results... seems like you have a thing against the airlines, who knows... maybe they fired you.

As for the 2018 report, I think the 2017 one was published in July last year so we won't have much longer to wait. Airlines publish them when they are ready, no need to get your panties in a twist.
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 14

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos