bretonrlong

Re: New Orleans Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:23 pm

bretonrlong wrote:
bretonrlong wrote:
Does anyone have the gate assignment list yet? Updating from Open House 10/26/19
Concourse A - 6 gates
A1 - A6 (No markings yet)

Concourse B - 14 gates
B2 - Southwest
B3 - Common Use
B4 - Southwest
B5 - Southwest
B6 - Southwest
B7 - Southwest
B8 - Southwest
B9 - Southwest
B10 - Southwest
B11 - American
B12 - American
B14 - American
B15 - American
B16 - American

Concourse C - 15 gates
C1 - Jetblue
C2 - Delta
C3 - Common Use
C4 - Delta
C5 - United
C6 - Delta
C7 - United
C8 - Delta
C9 - United
C10 - Delta
C11 - United
C12 - Spirit
C14 - Spirit
C15 - Spirit
C16 - Spirit

SNN707

Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:43 pm

SNN707 wrote:
MSY QOTS Alert > Atlas B747-400 to arrive at 4.06pm from PHX (Arizona Cardinals football charter) using the AWDAD1 approach! (Sat 26Oct19)

also, looking at my open house pics, I'm assuming that the primary intl widebody gate will be A1 (like C11 functions now). If so, pictures from Conc B will be amazing. Other pax (non avgeeks) will actually get a close up view of BA (maybe DE) and realize there is intl service out of MSY. C11 isnt photo friendly at all except from the end of B.

the other thing about A1 is the number of footsteps to FIS is hardly anything, then the number of steps after FIS to the first exit to curbside is about 100. thats pretty convenient if you are a family or for the elderly. Unfortunately, pax who choose this route will see little of the impressive lobby but I'm sure they will be impressed with the convenience.

GTI8107 (B744) filed to depart MSY @ Sun (27 Oct) 17:00 CDT for PHX @ ETA 17:56 MST (27 Oct)

SNN707

Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:13 pm

Just read a very recent translated article in regards to the Condor CEO. Says he wants a quick sale, in order to give ppl confidence to buy tickets after the bridge loan is due.

Also says a large part of DE's future success will be longhaul, but they need new modern aircraft.

Ironically, Eurowings said the same thing as they introduced longhaul FRA-LAS recently. Almost every longhaul route flown out of FRA by DE will be matched by EW (not just US routes). And on many routes, putting even more seats available than DE.

Lastly, EW's operation of routes out of FRA will be directly handled by LH. Sounds like an airline battle going on there. What EW can offer over DE is stability. Right now, EW has a distinct advantage over DE in future bookings past the loan guarantee. At any rate, LH/EW have the leverage in FRA.

A bright spot for MSY (though doubtful) is both DE and EW saying longhaul is where its at. But its a poker game now. EW is focusing on non-US routes out of FRA to run them out of business, with PHX and ANC being the US routes. My guess if DE renews at MSY, it would have to be very soon, EW could wait it out a few more months. But DE is busy battling off the EW hordes in FRA on higher pax routes than MSY.

sketch

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:35 pm

SNN707 wrote:
MSY QOTS Alert > Atlas B747-400 to arrive at 4.06pm from PHX (Arizona Cardinals football charter) using the AWDAD1 approach! (Sat 26Oct19)

No kidding. I've had some good luck then.

I went to the passenger simulations on Thursday, then on Saturday I decided to go drive the roadways again to gather facts so I can have the Waze map ready before it opens. As I was leaving I happened to catch the 744 landing on my dash cam. Doesn't look like much in retrospect but it was fantastic in person.

I also happened to be standing outside in the new Departures area at just the right time Thursday to watch that charter 757 pull up to its parking spot!

DJSNOLA

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:29 pm

SNN707 wrote:
Just read a very recent translated article in regards to the Condor CEO. Says he wants a quick sale, in order to give ppl confidence to buy tickets after the bridge loan is due.

Also says a large part of DE's future success will be longhaul, but they need new modern aircraft.

Ironically, Eurowings said the same thing as they introduced longhaul FRA-LAS recently. Almost every longhaul route flown out of FRA by DE will be matched by EW (not just US routes). And on many routes, putting even more seats available than DE.

Lastly, EW's operation of routes out of FRA will be directly handled by LH. Sounds like an airline battle going on there. What EW can offer over DE is stability. Right now, EW has a distinct advantage over DE in future bookings past the loan guarantee. At any rate, LH/EW have the leverage in FRA.

A bright spot for MSY (though doubtful) is both DE and EW saying longhaul is where its at. But its a poker game now. EW is focusing on non-US routes out of FRA to run them out of business, with PHX and ANC being the US routes. My guess if DE renews at MSY, it would have to be very soon, EW could wait it out a few more months. But DE is busy battling off the EW hordes in FRA on higher pax routes than MSY.

ANy Chance EW buys condor?

SNN707

Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:41 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
SNN707 wrote:

ANy Chance EW buys condor?

I think thats a no for now. First, there would be cartel issues for LH/EW to deal with. Second, DE's fleet brings nothing to the table, its so old. Third, LH knows DE is on deathwatch. They can offer matched service on DE routes with newer planes with better hard products all around, and customers can be fairly sure they will be around next summer to honor their tickets. DE can only respond by deeply discounting tickets like Primera and well.....

I don't think LH ever wanted to actually buy DE. You see the German govt does not want the loss of DE jobs hence the loan. When they find no solid buyer, they are toast. LH/EW then can be the knight in shining armor, hire a bunch oh ex-DE employees at lower rates and pensions, lease some newer metal, and fly the ex-DE routes with EW. And buy the Condor name.

Then after a few months, LH will do a marketing move and rebrand EW as "Condor". All for pennies vs a buyout. May not go exactly that way, but by next summer there won't be a Condor anymore.

DJSNOLA

Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:15 am

cant argue that about condor my question is will anyone want the condor name? wouldnt EW and Norwegian have better brands at that point?

SNN707

Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:21 am

DJSNOLA wrote:
cant argue that about condor my question is will anyone want the condor name? wouldnt EW and Norwegian have better brands at that point?

Condor is a very strong aviation brand in Germany spanning generations (and Deutschland is their hub). Worldwide I'd say Norwegian is better known. EW is the weakest and newest of the brands. Despite the name, it really is a Germany focused airline, not European.

I think the Condor brand will live on if it can be purchased. But look at the historic fallen flags - Swissair, Sabena, TWA and of all things, Pan Am - even their brands couldn't survive.

On the lower end of the market, pax really dont care about branding reflecting experience and tradition. All they want is the cheapest seat.

DJSNOLA

Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:33 pm

SNN707 wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:

Condor is a very strong aviation brand in Germany spanning generations (and Deutschland is their hub). Worldwide I'd say Norwegian is better known. EW is the weakest and newest of the brands. Despite the name, it really is a Germany focused airline, not European.

I think the Condor brand will live on if it can be purchased. But look at the historic fallen flags - Swissair, Sabena, TWA and of all things, Pan Am - even their brands couldn't survive.

On the lower end of the market, pax really dont care about branding reflecting experience and tradition. All they want is the cheapest seat.

makes sense to me... well i think even if condor were to come back to this market next summer i think i will still either book ba for my trip to the amalfi or another route.. not interested in dealing with a thomas cook/ wow air like situation next summer

DJSNOLA

Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:22 pm

Some slides I thought were interesting from Aviation Boards Presentation for City Budget:

Link to the presentation

https://cityofno.granicus.com/MetaViewe ... _id=465698

NolaMD88fan

Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:44 pm

Thanks for sharing the traffic plans and revenue numbers.

BTR airport did another leakage study, and not surprisingly found that 62% of passengers in BTR metro fly out of MSY.

https://www.businessreport.com/newslett ... ill-rising

blr380

Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:55 pm

I thought leakage was much higher! 62% is not as bad as I have thought. I fly MSY for most part when I visit Baton Rouge. Not too long of a drive at all. Location of airport is also in a bad location.

msycajun

Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:26 pm

blr380 wrote:
I thought leakage was much higher! 62% is not as bad as I have thought. I fly MSY for most part when I visit Baton Rouge. Not too long of a drive at all. Location of airport is also in a bad location.

I thought the same thing. I think that lack of parking has actually been suppressing MSY's ability to capture traffic from surrounding metros. If I lived in BTR and had an important meeting I certainly wouldn't want to risk getting stuck without a place to park at MSY. Hopefully having some spare capacity will drive more demand to MSY next year, especially with more parking in the economy price range.

Seeing the top international destinations in that article makes our lack of Mexico routes glaring. I know the political situation is problematic, but MSY should be able to leverage its geographical advantages to get a few weekly flights to MEX, MTY, and GDL. If NK ever adds those cities, I hope MSY can score those routes.

LAX772LR

Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:21 am

msycajun wrote:
Seeing the top international destinations in that article makes our lack of Mexico routes glaring.

Speaking of glaring, there seems to be a rather egregious omission among the listed top domestic destinations:

"The top domestic destinations for Baton Rouge are Atlanta, Los Angeles, Orlando, Denver and Dallas-Fort Worth."

I find it exceedingly difficult to believe that the likes of MCO, DEN, and even LAX have more traffic from BTR than IAH, even with the driving distance.
Particularly seeing as IAH has not only a nonstop, where they don't, but multiple daily.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

NolaMD88fan

Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:56 am

msycajun wrote:
blr380 wrote:

I thought the same thing. I think that lack of parking has actually been suppressing MSY's ability to capture traffic from surrounding metros. If I lived in BTR and had an important meeting I certainly wouldn't want to risk getting stuck without a place to park at MSY. Hopefully having some spare capacity will drive more demand to MSY next year, especially with more parking in the economy price range.

Seeing the top international destinations in that article makes our lack of Mexico routes glaring. I know the political situation is problematic, but MSY should be able to leverage its geographical advantages to get a few weekly flights to MEX, MTY, and GDL. If NK ever adds those cities, I hope MSY can score those routes.

The article states that leakage from BTR to MSY actually increased from the previous year by around 6%, so it doesn't sound like parking was much of a concern.

Also, based on BTR pax numbers, that equates to approximately 1.2 million passengers using MSY instead of BTR from the Baton Rouge metro.

DJSNOLA

Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:04 pm

my guess is the leakage to NOLA is picking up as NOLA has added more nonstop destinations.. if i lived in BR im much more likely to drive to nola for a nonstop as opposed to a connecting flight out of nola... anecdotally i always seem to see alot of baton rouge people on flights (btw i assume someones from BR when they fly with all kinds of LSU crap on lol ) like Allegiant and frontier.. in fact my frontier flight back from austin was possibly half or more BR people (grnated that was an LSU game too.. just my thoughts that BR flyers probably are more enticed to NOLA by nonstops to where they want to go)

NolaMD88fan

Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:11 pm

An update on the UA club. It will not be finished in time for the grand opening next week. They have to replace the tile as it was ripped up to fix the plumbing issues over the Summer. There is also a disagreement between NOAB and UA about stairway access. Hoping for a December opening, but more likely January much like The Club at MSY.

DJSNOLA

Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:46 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
An update on the UA club. It will not be finished in time for the grand opening next week. They have to replace the tile as it was ripped up to fix the plumbing issues over the Summer. There is also a disagreement between NOAB and UA about stairway access. Hoping for a December opening, but more likely January much like The Club at MSY.

was looking but couldnt find where the actual club elevator was to united...

NolaMD88fan

Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:11 pm

I'll look for it when I fly out on the 9th.

NolaMD88fan

Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:18 pm

Latest update on Condor from the Thomas Cook thread. https://www.aerotelegraph.com/en/many-p ... r-takeover

Sounds like Condor will be sold and integrated into an existing airline or tour operator by the end of Q1 2020. Biggest issue will be acquiring new aircraft as the current fleet is very long in the tooth. Very curious as to who the suitors are.

SNN707

Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:41 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
Latest update on Condor from the Thomas Cook thread. https://www.aerotelegraph.com/en/many-p ... r-takeover

Sounds like Condor will be sold and integrated into an existing airline or tour operator by the end of Q1 2020. Biggest issue will be acquiring new aircraft as the current fleet is very long in the tooth. Very curious as to who the suitors are.

Well the CEO would like to have it that way (before the loan is up). But it's all about consumer confidence. Every day that passes with no buyer, that lessens the confidence that the ticket they are about to buy will actually be for a flight that will operate after the loan is due.

The only tour operator that is viable is TUI. I don't know how they would integrate the scheduled DE service (for the US, much non tour package) into TUI other than sun destinstions. And I dont see any mainline bidding for DE unless they want the FRA slots. DE cannot survive status quo. They are on an island right now with a lot of their tour feed chopped off, and not seeming to be making wise choices with the longhaul. EW is on war footing on many DE routes.

With a nonstop monopoly, DE could have been selling tickets out of MSY post Oktoberfest when German awareness is at its highest. Any tickets that were sold to Germany in the days after went to other carriers.

Sort of like that GEICO commercial about slasher movie characters making bad choices. Instead of getting in the running car to escape (MSY), they choose to hide in the shed with the chainsaws (PHX, ANC).

SunsetLimited

Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:52 pm

FWIW, Condor signs are still up
at the new terminal as of today, and Air Transat has been added. You’d think if they weren’t coming back the name would be removed before opening day, when all the press arrives...

Also, the Condor check in system still shows up on the common use computer terminals.
Spread hope like fire.

SNN707

Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:28 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
FWIW, Condor signs are still up
at the new terminal as of today, and Air Transat has been added. You’d think if they weren’t coming back the name would be removed before opening day, when all the press arrives...

Also, the Condor check in system still shows up on the common use computer terminals.

You'd think they will announce very soon (opening day?) if it happens. Starting this week EW is going head to head with DE on a 3rd US route LAS-FRA 3x weekly. What's really interesting about the EW Vegas route is UA is codesharing on it. This will help fill seats as the those UA customers can then connect in FRA to UA's *A partner airlines (of course LH). DE simply cannot offer that. Really doesnt make sense they wouldnt capitalize on being the only game in town here to continental Europe.

FWIW, LEVEL just started 2x LAS-ORY yesterday. I thought that was a possibility for MSY as well as IAG could control all of MSY's TATL business.

sketch

Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:51 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
Speaking of glaring, there seems to be a rather egregious omission among the listed top domestic destinations:

"The top domestic destinations for Baton Rouge are Atlanta, Los Angeles, Orlando, Denver and Dallas-Fort Worth."

I find it exceedingly difficult to believe that the likes of MCO, DEN, and even LAX have more traffic from BTR than IAH, even with the driving distance.
Particularly seeing as IAH has not only a nonstop, where they don't, but multiple daily.

I believe it. $500+ a head is way too much for VFR traffic when the alternative is a 4 hour drive, and for business travelers, even with a small airport easy security experience, your typical Joe McExxon would rather ride the distance in his F-250 King Ranch than drive to the airport, wait, spend an hour in an ERJ, pick up a rental car, and lord knows their eventual destination is probably nowhere near IAH, it might be an hour away near the Port of Houston or one of the many refineries down there, and that's if traffic isn't too bad.

NolaMD88fan

Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:57 pm

Update...the United Club entrance will be at gate C5.

Metrocard

Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:06 am

Anyone know why 2/20 is closed?

NolaMD88fan

Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:26 am

Metrocard wrote:
Anyone know why 2/20 is closed?

Maintenance. It reopens on 11/3.

SNN707

Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:15 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
Update...the United Club entrance will be at gate C5.

At the open house, I think it might have been the UA station mgr showing an older VIP couple around. I was at C5 checking out the clearly far from finished elevator shaft on the outside of the terminal structure. I was trying to hear what he was saying and was hoping to ask him a question but they walked off.

Basically the external elevator shaft will include a stairwell (seems completed) and the elevator (looks like they haven't started). Eventually an opening will be cut in the terminal level drywall for the lift door. The stairs will be only used as an emergency exit as they are so marked.

I'd say from the looks of the stairwell/lift, the UA Club won't be opening for at least 6-8 weeks minimum. But when it does, it will be a boon for UA elites as it is seconds from the lift to the gates. Same with DL. The Club will be a hike from C but very convenient to A1.

Wacko55

Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Looking forward to the 6th! Hopefully Condor will make an announcement about the 2020 schedule and BA will make their flight daily. Something big has to be announced at the opening right?

SunsetLimited

Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:03 pm

Wacko55 wrote:
Looking forward to the 6th! Hopefully Condor will make an announcement about the 2020 schedule and BA will make their flight daily. Something big has to be announced at the opening right?

Condor confirmed on FB that its summer 2020 schedule is not finalized yet and would be announced shortly when someone pointed out to them that there are DE signs up at the new terminal. Sounds positive for a return, IMO.

With all the media in town, the 6th or the 5th (ribbon cutting day) would be the perfect day for air service announcements.
Spread hope like fire.

LAX772LR

Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:32 pm

sketch wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:

I believe it. $500+ a head is way too much for VFR traffic when the alternative is a 4 hour drive, and for business travelers, even with a small airport easy security experience, your typical Joe McExxon would rather ride the distance in his F-250 King Ranch than drive to the airport, wait, spend an hour in an ERJ, pick up a rental car, and lord knows their eventual destination is probably nowhere near IAH, it might be an hour away near the Port of Houston or one of the many refineries down there, and that's if traffic isn't too bad.

That's nice and all, but you're not basing it on anything tangible/empirical.

IAH has long been BTR's #2 O&D destination and its #3 for total pax.... by a margin of more than 145daily pax over the next destinations in either respective category.

So we're now supposed to believe that three destinations that aren't in the top 5 of either category as of two years ago, are suddenly now bigger than IAH, based on.... "Joe MxExxon"?

Gonna go with: no. :shakehead:

SunsetLimited wrote:
Condor confirmed on FB that its summer 2020 schedule is not finalized yet and would be announced shortly

That sounds promising. Link?

bretonrlong

Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:53 pm

Can't remember if this had already changed, but this was the first time i noticed google maps was now showing roadways into the new terminal. Still old satellite imagery though.

msycajun

Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:25 pm

Anything special happening for the Air Transat YUL inaugural this morning?

NolaMD88fan

Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:23 pm

I hope someone can get some good pictures of the arrival today. I'm working unfortunately.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/TSC ... /CYUL/KMSY

NolaMD88fan

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:54 pm

Thanks to SunsetLimited for sharing these on the local spotters page. Nice to see another international carrier and destination at MSY.

LAX772LR

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:52 pm

The addition of Air Transat puts Armstrong Int'l on track to break a QUARTER MILLION INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS in 2020!

BTS shows 2018 ending with 205,100 nonstop international pax (enplanements+deplanements), with the first four months of 2019 trending 01% ahead of that
(shame on you BA! :mad: )

...but it means that TS only needs 53% loads to smash a quarter million for MSY.

By comparison, there were 80,571 nonstop international pax for the last full year pre-Katrina, and 4,819 for the first full year thereafter.
International traffic at MSY has grown 1,429.00% since the Katrina days! :eek:

...not bad, when you consider that some major hubs with plenty of transfer feed, aren't even at 1million (SLC) or well below 2million (PHX).

All stats above are from https://www.transtats.bts.gov/

BA744PHX

Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:03 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
The addition of Air Transat puts Armstrong Int'l on track to break a QUARTER MILLION INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS in 2020!

BTS shows 2018 ending with 205,100 nonstop international pax (enplanements+deplanements), with the first four months of 2019 trending 01% ahead of that

...but it means that TS only needs 53% loads to smash a quarter million for MSY.

By comparison, there were 80,571 nonstop international pax for the last full year pre-Katrina, and 4,819 for the first full year thereafter.

...not bad, when you consider that some major hubs with plenty of transfer feed, aren't even at 1million (SLC) or well below 2million (PHX).

PHX was 2.2 million INTL pax in 2018
UA Gold 2019, DL Silver 2019
Upcoming flights
UA EWR-ZRH - November
UA EWR-LHR/YYZ - December
UA EWR-BCN/MAD, FR BCN-MAK, IB MAK-MAD - January

LAX772LR

Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:31 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
PHX was 2.2 million INTL pax in 2018

No they didn't.

They had 2,094,470‬ for 2018, and that's with charters added.

So perhaps "well below" 2million wasn't an appropriate description, but point remains: especially since they were doing the same int'l traffic numbers 9yrs ago.

NolaMD88fan

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:23 am

Some shots of the party at gate C1 for the inaugural TS flight to YUL in the soon to be vacated terminal courtesy of the airport.

DJSNOLA

Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:04 am

NolaMD88fan wrote:
Some shots of the party at gate C1 for the inaugural TS flight to YUL in the soon to be vacated terminal courtesy of the airport.

Surprised they didnt just wait to do this thursday lol... guess doesnt really matter either way.. isnt ribbon cutting for new terminal tuesday? also what flight is scheduled to be last out of old terminal and which one first at new one?

msycajun

Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:07 am

LAX772LR wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something, but would 4 flights per week at 189 seats still be less than 40k additional passengers even with 0 cancelations and 100% lf? Still significant, but we'll need more than that to offset the potential loss of Condor and some cutbacks to CUN. Still hoping for WS to YYC, NK to SAP and MBJ and maybe UP to NAS. Plus who knows with Europe at the moment. Then maybe we can discuss half a million international.

All that being said, I'm very happy to finally have YUL service and plan to take advantage of it this summer.

NolaMD88fan

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:19 am

msycajun wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but would 4 flights per week at 189 seats still be less than 40k additional passengers even with 0 cancelations and 100% lf? Still significant, but we'll need more than that to offset the potential loss of Condor and some cutbacks to CUN. Still hoping for WS to YYC, NK to SAP and MBJ and maybe UP to NAS. Plus who knows with Europe at the moment. Then maybe we can discuss half a million international.

All that being said, I'm very happy to finally have YUL service and plan to take advantage of it this summer.

Same here. Seriously considering a visit to see Montreal and Quebec City next Summer.

I am still in the camp that says DE will back next Summer. NK station manager said they were waiting to announce international service until after the new terminal opened. They are also leasing 4 gates in the new terminal vs. the 3 gates they currently use. That signals more growth is ahead.

NK currently flies from 21 of the 46 domestic stations to MSY, so there could be some decent connecting traffic for international flights. The new terminal will be much more passenger friendly for connections vs. what is offered now in Concourse C in terms of amenities. I suspect we'll see a a mix of domestic and international additions from NK in the near future.

LAX772LR

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:33 am

msycajun wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but would 4 flights per week at 189 seats still be less than 40k additional passengers even with 0 cancelations and 100%

You're right. I was doing it at four roundtrips instead of 4 one ways... that's how I was getting the extra 40K off 53% loads. So now they'd have to do 106%-- slightly impossible. :oops:

sketch

Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:55 pm

bretonrlong wrote:
Can't remember if this had already changed, but this was the first time i noticed google maps was now showing roadways into the new terminal. Still old satellite imagery though.

Apple Maps too. I added them to the Waze map a few weeks ago.

Google and Apple both have the street names wrong, though. They've taken the old Boeing Ln and Lockheed Dr names. In reality, I believe Boeing Ln is gone, and Lockheed Dr is just the bit that provides access to Atlantic Aviation. No mention of "Terminal Dr" either way. I wonder to what extent the Google and Apple additions were automated and to what extent they were done by humans.

I was able to use photos and dash cam footage to match every instruction on the Waze map to the new terminal signage—everything should be completely functional already.

The real test will be Wednesday to see how search and navigation work. I'm going to be staying up tomorrow night and moving all the Waze venues myself at 0:00. Can't speak for the rest.

DJSNOLA wrote:
also what flight is scheduled to be last out of old terminal and which one first at new one?

Per FlightAware:

Last departures Tuesday: 9:25 pm WN933 MSY-TPA & WN449 MSY-HOU
First departure Wednesday: 5:15 am WN3238 MSY-ATL

Last 5 arrivals Tuesday night:
11:44 pm Tue 5 Nov: AS796 SEA-MSY
11:45 pm Tue 5 Nov: AA4672 CLT-MSY
11:55 pm Tue 5 Nov: DL2455 ATL-MSY
12:11 am Wed 6 Nov: B61301 BOS-MSY
12:50 am Wed 6 Nov: WN1067 LAS-MSY

Presumably for logistical reasons the move can actually really be considered to take place after WN1067 arrives and everyone gets off and out.

LAX772LR wrote:
That's nice and all, but you're not basing it on anything tangible/empirical.

IAH has long been BTR's #2 O&D destination and its #3 for total pax.... by a margin of more than 145daily pax over the next destinations in either respective category.

So we're now supposed to believe that three destinations that aren't in the top 5 of either category as of two years ago, are suddenly now bigger than IAH, based on.... "Joe MxExxon"?

Gonna go with: no. :shakehead:

Hahaha, that's fine—you'll note I didn't cite any statistics. I said "I believe it," as in "I find it believable," not "it's the truth."

Which, to be fair, is a direct response to your finding it "exceedingly difficult to believe." Had you stated anything tangible/empirical in your post (rather than disbelief, however strong), I'd have been happy to believe that over the experience of my anecdotal fictional character. And I am happy to believe the statistics that you have now cited.

Indeed, when writing that post, I'd intended to specify that I had had no intention of checking facts because I hadn't stated any facts, merely a belief in a possible set of facts. I didn't think the disclaimer was necessary, but I suppose it was. My bad.

DJSNOLA

Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:02 pm

sketch wrote:
bretonrlong wrote:

Apple Maps too. I added them to the Waze map a few weeks ago.

Google and Apple both have the street names wrong, though. They've taken the old Boeing Ln and Lockheed Dr names. In reality, I believe Boeing Ln is gone, and Lockheed Dr is just the bit that provides access to Atlantic Aviation. No mention of "Terminal Dr" either way. I wonder to what extent the Google and Apple additions were automated and to what extent they were done by humans.

I was able to use photos and dash cam footage to match every instruction on the Waze map to the new terminal signage—everything should be completely functional already.

The real test will be Wednesday to see how search and navigation work. I'm going to be staying up tomorrow night and moving all the Waze venues myself at 0:00. Can't speak for the rest.

DJSNOLA wrote:
also what flight is scheduled to be last out of old terminal and which one first at new one?

Per FlightAware:

Last departures Tuesday: 9:25 pm WN933 MSY-TPA & WN449 MSY-HOU
First departure Wednesday: 5:15 am WN3238 MSY-ATL

Presumably for logistical reasons the move can actually really be considered to take place after WN1067 arrives and everyone gets off and out.

So wait that 1250 am flight from vegas will land at north terminal ? as we;; as boston ? just curious who will land at new terminal first lol

sketch

Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:31 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
sketch wrote:

So wait that 1250 am flight from vegas will land at north terminal ? as we;; as boston ? just curious who will land at new terminal first lol

I don't know the answer, perhaps someone does.

I assume they will land at South Terminal. Logistically, at an airport with a few dead hours overnight, it makes no sense for an 11:55 pm arrival to go to South and a 12:11 am or 12:50 am arrival to go to North, given that the next arrival after 12:50 am isn't until 7:05 am, and the first departure isn't until 5:15 am. The couple hours between the last person leaving after the 12:50 am arrival and the first person arriving for the 5:15 am departure is the logical place to switch. They should have a couple hours between approximately 1:30 am and 3:30 am when there aren't any passengers around and they can move all the staff and equipment over. That ought to be fun—someone's gonna have to move all the overnighting airplanes too! Although it'd probably make more sense for the flight crews to move each one after everyone deplanes before going to the hotel, instead of waiting.

That's my best guess. Makes no sense to staff an entire terminal for just 2 arrivals, then wait 4½ hours for the next activity.

SNN707

Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:58 pm

Over/under for the # of months before the econ garage and CONRAC shuttle buses need suspension work due to the off-roading condition of Bainbridge?

I was out of town and rode in one of those pickup truck based buses that are similar to the MSY econ lot buses. We hit a small speedbump at 10mph - and sitting in the last row - launched me out of my seat. Those solid axle buses are really not made for roads like Bainbridge.

NolaMD88fan

Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:59 pm

According to DL airline employees, all flights arriving after 20:00 tomorrow will be headed to the new terminal to offload passengers. Those pax will then be shuttled down to the current terminal. This makes sense as the arrivals after 20:00 will typically be remaining overnight for a morning departure.

sketch

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:33 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
According to DL airline employees, all flights arriving after 20:00 tomorrow will be headed to the new terminal to offload passengers. Those pax will then be shuttled down to the current terminal. This makes sense as the arrivals after 20:00 will typically be remaining overnight for a morning departure.

Just to clarify, this is for all flights, not just DL's, correct? And do you happen to know whether all passengers through that last 12:50 am WN arrival will be shuttled to the South Terminal for pickup?

NolaMD88fan

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:39 pm

sketch wrote:
NolaMD88fan wrote:

Just to clarify, this is for all flights, not just DL's, correct? And do you happen to know whether all passengers through that last 12:50 am WN arrival will be shuttled to the South Terminal for pickup?

All flights that are expected to rest overnight. All passengers will be shuttled to the south terminal including the 12:50 AM flight. Those pax will still need to get to their cars in the south parking lots or the rental car center.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos