SNN707

Re: New Orleans Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:23 pm

shamrock604 wrote:
SNN707 wrote:
msycajun wrote:

Thanks for the update! I've tried to find out - any word on the configuration for the 787-10. Thinking about if they do permanently upgrade the route, it would be nice to have a small first cabin, but I don't think it necessarily needs a much bigger business cabin, especially at the expense of economy. I'd think that if the -10 had the F, J, and P cabins of the -9, plus the 154 E seats of the -8, that would be a nice mix for the route.

In light of today's news that IAG (BA) will be cutting capacity in the next 2 years, MSY is fortunate we are increasing capacity to 6x and some 789 service. That also may explain not going daily yet.

http://m.atwonline.com/airline-financia ... ongmargins

IAG don’t plan to cut capacity - merely slow growth in capacity, and apparently mostly on short haul. Walsh has this week stated that EI, BA and IB would likely announce new TATL shortly.

Would be nice to see a Shamrock in MSY! Even if just to give me an easy way to visit..... :-)

MSY is one of BAs highest LF routes. Just got bumped from 5x to 6x 788. Disappointed not daily but that will come. As for EI, MSY will probably have to wait until the 321XLR is in the fleet. A300 probably too much metal for this route. If IAG expands, MSYs best shot IMO is LEVEL to Paris 2x or 3x. Air Europa just got merged in to IAG and BCN is a strong cruise market out of NOLA. But - everything hinges on DE and their future plans for MSY.

aviationMCO8

Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:43 am

I flew through MSY twice. On fathers day: Southwest Airlines MCO-MSY-BNA-DTW-STL-MCO and on 8/3, MCO-MSY with Southwest then MSY-DFW with American on their MD80. The old terminal will forever be a piece of history for me. Just wanted to know if all concourses will be accessible without having to clear security again.

LAX772LR

Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:12 am

SNN707 wrote:
MSY is one of BAs highest LF routes.

Not really, it's middle of the pack y.o.y.

SNN707 wrote:
Air Europa just got merged in to IAG

Not yet. Subject to approval in 2020Q2.

SNN707 wrote:
everything hinges on DE and their future plans for MSY.

There's no evidence that any airline's plans are hanging on what DE may/may not do.

As demonstrated in SAN, AUS, etc; if a network airline sees a worthwhile opportunity, they won't hesitate to muscle into DE's space.

aviationMCO8 wrote:
Just wanted to know if all concourses will be accessible without having to clear security again.

Once security is cleared, the entire airside is available to pax.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

SNN707

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 am

LAX772LR wrote:
SNN707 wrote:
MSY is one of BAs highest LF routes.

Not really, it's middle of the pack y.o.y.

SNN707 wrote:
Air Europa just got merged in to IAG

Not yet. Subject to approval in 2020Q2.

SNN707 wrote:
everything hinges on DE and their future plans for MSY.

There's no evidence that any airline's plans are hanging on what DE may/may not do.

As demonstrated in SAN, AUS, etc; if a network airline sees a worthwhile opportunity, they won't hesitate to muscle into DE's space.

aviationMCO8 wrote:
Just wanted to know if all concourses will be accessible without having to clear security again.

Once security is cleared, the entire airside is available to pax.

On BA at MSY. I'm just going by stats and comments posted on BA's performance out of MSY, and why we deserve daily. So then since we're middle of the pack, maybe we don't warrant daily.

On Air Europa, you are correct, its pending approval, but IAG will buy them if they are allowed to. My comments were based on approval.

On DE at MSY, I dont think at all if DE announces a return (and with BA), that another carrier will announce TATL from here. They sure aren't beating down the doors wanting in with DE NOT announcing. And MSY is not AUS and SAN, 2 airports with more pax.

QB504

Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:55 pm

SNN707 wrote:
Who'd have thought after all the doom and gloom about getting to the NT, it seems to be working quite well. Restriping the lanes heading to I-10 was a great move - just stay in your lane that you were on in the access road and it will lead to I-10E. There seem to be no issues with the econ parking nor the CONRAC shuttles, or with the USP/P&F shuttles. Also, seems to be quiet on the TSA front.

The rideshare issue will be fixed soon hopefully, before the holidays. Flying out soon, I think we'll get a Sazerac to toast our new gateway.

The statements above are not entirely true. https://www.nola.com/news/article_e4924320-0403-11ea-aacf-ab379d2b1af6.html There are definitely TSA issues at certain times and arrivals continues to be a complete disaster. I will plan on being picked up at departures until it is settled.

william

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:44 pm

Woah woah Shaggy.

https://www.nola.com/news/article_e4924 ... b1af6.html
On the first weekend at New Orleans' new airport terminal, lines were long and supplies of Bloody Mary mix ran short.

Since its opening Wednesday, the new terminal at Louis Armstrong International Airport has been showered with compliments for its cleanliness, food options and architecture, but for many, the praise has been overshadowed by complaints — typically involving long lines.

By that measure, Sunday was the worst day yet.

SunsetLimited

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:57 pm

Not all lanes of TSA are open yet. Add in the fact that Sunday’s are insanely busy, and there you have it... crazy long wait times. When the rest of the lanes open, it should help. But it will always be very busy on Sundays. I always tell my family and friends who don’t have pre check, if flying on a Sunday, get there three hours early for peace of mind.

The bag system problems are mostly resolved from what I saw yesterday, so that’s good. Also, I didn’t notice the 200+ deep waiting line for Uber/Lyft like there was earlier in the week. So it looks like adjustments are being made on that end.

Some businessman told me the new MSY is the nicest airport he’s been to in the U.S and the second nicest outside of ICN.
Spread hope like fire.

SNN707

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:47 pm

QB504 wrote:
SNN707 wrote:
Who'd have thought after all the doom and gloom about getting to the NT, it seems to be working quite well. Restriping the lanes heading to I-10 was a great move - just stay in your lane that you were on in the access road and it will lead to I-10E. There seem to be no issues with the econ parking nor the CONRAC shuttles, or with the USP/P&F shuttles. Also, seems to be quiet on the TSA front.

The rideshare issue will be fixed soon hopefully, before the holidays. Flying out soon, I think we'll get a Sazerac to toast our new gateway.

The statements above are not entirely true. https://www.nola.com/news/article_e4924320-0403-11ea-aacf-ab379d2b1af6.html There are definitely TSA issues at certain times and arrivals continues to be a complete disaster. I will plan on being picked up at departures until it is settled.

I believe I posted that before Sunday's chaos. Also I did day seem a lot because there were a small sample size of reports.

One thing is certain, they need to get as many TSA lanes completed as fast as possible before Thanksgiving.

Metrocard

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:08 pm

From my experience (flown in/out twice since Wednesday) everything runs incredibly smooth except for maybe 1 or 2 hours where all hell breaks loose. My biggest complaint has been not being able to here announcements on the check-in level.

Woodreau

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:29 pm

I guess I am alone in thinking the new terminal in New Orleans is too small?

There is no place to sit other than in the restaurants or at a boarding gate.

The passageway leading from security to the boarding concourses is too narrow and isn’t large enough to accommodate the flow of people clearing security ANd people trying to get from one concourse to another

The seating for the gates are not large enough to accommodate the 150-180 people that would be boarding a plane. If the planes were regional jets the seating area is fine. But for 321s and 757s. There isn’t enough seating for everyone at the gates.

It seems every free square inch of floor space is occupied by a person waiting in line, waiting to board a flight, people waiting everywhere.

It’s not even Thanksgiving and the terminal is too crowded for a Monday evening crowd.
Bonus animus sit, ab experientia. Quod salvatum fuerit de malis usu venit judicium.

braniff2hav

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:57 pm

Woodreau wrote:

The passageway leading from security to the boarding concourses is too narrow and isn’t large enough to accommodate the flow of people clearing security ANd people trying to get from one concourse to another

The seating for the gates are not large enough to accommodate the 150-180 people that would be boarding a plane. If the planes were regional jets the seating area is fine. But for 321s and 757s. There isn’t enough seating for everyone at the gates.

It seems every free square inch of floor space is occupied by a person waiting in line, waiting to board a flight, people waiting everywhere.

It’s not even Thanksgiving and the terminal is too crowded for a Monday evening crowd.

I tend to agree ... I wonder what the width and gate space capacity is at MSY vs say MCO. The MCO concourses seem to be far wider to me.
The restaurants take up a lot of space. I wonder how many will be in operation in a year. I hope none close of course.

DJSNOLA

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:20 pm

braniff2hav wrote:
Woodreau wrote:

I tend to agree ... I wonder what the width and gate space capacity is at MSY vs say MCO. The MCO concourses seem to be far wider to me.
The restaurants take up a lot of space. I wonder how many will be in operation in a year. I hope none close of course.

theres a clause in the contracts for the operators of these concessions that if they dont meet a certain goal they need to close it and rebrand it to something else that could be more successful.. if you want to sit somewhere not busy with people i suggest going to concourse a for the time being

ALso for what its worht there are still two lounges and a large wine and food market along with a spa and mac set to open too

SNN707

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:46 pm

DY/DI (Norwegian) just announced several new TATL routes from ORD and DEN. So looking unlikely MSY is in their immediate plans. But article also says they plan to reduce some other routes and increase US TATL - so metal will be available. Fingers crossed.

http://m.atwonline.com/airports-routes/ ... e-services

SNN707

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:41 pm

Allegiant (G4) announces GPT-BNA 2x route today!

https://www.wlox.com/2019/11/12/allegia ... -gulfport/

SunsetLimited

Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:01 pm

I'm not sure what the DY announcement or the G4 have to do with MSY?

DY is not going to be looking at adding secondary markets, considering its financial position. They need super high volume markets. They need sure things. No room for them to gamble on a MSY, at this point in time. In addition, MSY already has nonstops to BNA on WN and NK, up to 5X daily.
Spread hope like fire.

SNN707

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:17 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:

DY is not going to be looking at adding secondary markets, considering its financial position. They need super high volume markets. They need sure things. No room for them to gamble on a MSY, at this point in time. In addition, MSY already has nonstops to BNA on WN and NK, up to 5X daily.

Well there has been much speculation about DY/DI possibly doing MSY-ORY/CDG. Basically just saying that them announcing elsewhere means it's less likely they will come here.

As for G4 BNA-GPT, it is a close enough market that NOLA-area flyers could use instead of MSY (esp pax from the Gulf Coast), similar to BTR and LFT. Anything that can possibly impact MSY this close is fair game for this thread IMO.

jbs2886

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:46 pm

SNN707 wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:

Well there has been much speculation about DY/DI possibly doing MSY-ORY/CDG. Basically just saying that them announcing elsewhere means it's less likely they will come here.

As for G4 BNA-GPT, it is a close enough market that NOLA-area flyers could use instead of MSY (esp pax from the Gulf Coast), similar to BTR and LFT. Anything that can possibly impact MSY this close is fair game for this thread IMO.

I mean...has there been "much speculation" about MSY-Paris on Norwegian? Outside of a few posters here, I don't think so.

SunsetLimited

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:53 pm

The GPT-BNA route will be supported mostly by BNA originating pax wanting to go gamble for a couple of days. That’s likely the purpose for it.

Why would anyone in the Nola metro use that, twice a week seasonal, when you have NK daily if you’re looking for a super low fare?
Spread hope like fire.

SNN707

Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:20 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
SNN707 wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:

I mean...has there been "much speculation" about MSY-Paris on Norwegian? Outside of a few posters here, I don't think so.

Does anyone outside of these aviation blogs really care about what's posted here? NO - and thats everything whats posted. Of course I'm just referring to the posters.

And as far as the GPT flights being used by the Nashville market to gamble? Of course thats true. But you know what - thats 250 pax a week NOT coming through MSY and getting on a bus to Biloxi.

Geez, I just posted two facts that have possibly a little impact per MSY and am getting the third degree. What exactly should we talk about that the world outside of this forum cares about aviation wise? Another post about long Uber lines?

LAX772LR

Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:52 am

SNN707 wrote:
What exactly should we talk about that the world outside of this forum cares about aviation wise? Another post about long Uber lines?

He's got a point...

SNN707

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:02 am

LAX772LR wrote:
SNN707 wrote:
What exactly should we talk about that the world outside of this forum cares about aviation wise? Another post about long Uber lines?

He's got a point...

Thx. Most of us on here are not aviation professionals but follow it closely. Not our day job and we're mostly pretty knowledgeable but don't have access to the data which would allow us to make 100% certain comments.

Now if anyone wants to get a good laugh and see how non-avgeek ppl view the NT, here ya go

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/o-t ... /86614112/

LAX772LR

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:43 am

Proudly banned from TigerDroppings since 2011 :lol:

What are they saying on that drivel den?

bretonrlong

Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:48 pm

So far I've spoken to maybe half a dozen from the company I work at that have used the airport over the last week or so at differing times. Every one of them I've talked to was very impressed and were left relieved when all of the stuff they had heard about (the noise) ended up being nothing to worry about. People can be pretty ridiculous at times. Are their kinks that still need to be worked out ... Sure.

Metrocard

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:17 pm

It may have been posted and I missed it but with the increase in BA freq does anyone know if that includes any regular 789 rotations into the schedule?

msyflyer

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Metrocard wrote:
It may have been posted and I missed it but with the increase in BA freq does anyone know if that includes any regular 789 rotations into the schedule?

It does.

QB504

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:50 pm

Anyone have an update on the United Club opening date? Another site is now saying February 2020.

msycajun

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:03 pm

Website is showing only 73 spaces left in the short term garage - impressive after only a week of operation. Anyone seeing how the long-term, surface, and economy garages are doing? They don't appear to be updating those yet.

SNN707

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:30 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
Proudly banned from TigerDroppings since 2011 :lol:

What are they saying on that drivel den?

I'll point out some points mentioned in TD and comment in parens after. A few good posters there, others mostly uninformed.

- not enough seats and too crowded in concourses (maybe true based on the open house. But probably by design to drive pax to food/bar)

- no moving walkways (MSY is big but manageable, those help in connex airports more)

- DL and WN did not get what they wanted from NOAB, are not happy (can't validate that, but DL seems to have adequate gate space, WN maybe not)

- is this terminal big enough to support 42 gates when its so crowded now (TSA and rideshare will get worked out, but I'm kind of wondering the same, which brings to the next point)

- no way 35 or even 30 planes can be at 35 gates (I can see this with 757 on up, but can 35 737/320's be accommodated at same tme?)

- instead of expanding to 42 gates at NT, bargain lease to WN the old ST Concourse C and let them build it out as they see fit. (a lot of posters seem in agreement on this. But its very complicated with the revenue bonds. That said, it makes some sense over building a 2nd NT later on, esp from a flight ops scenario and the fact a lot of fixed assets are already there)

- build a tramway/rail connecting the NT and ST (totally cost prohibitive - but if indeed an airside link is done, using the runway tunnel and dedicated road just for a bus shuttle would be the only option. Otherwise, the current landside bus shuttle would suffice)

- getting to the NT is a disaster (I think this has been pleasantly debunked. Loyola & Vets seems to be working quite well)

- Arrivals curbside is a cluster**** (TRUE - biggest issue is the approach to curbside backs up a lot, prevents rideshares from getting to the curb, and taxis take up a lot of the curb. My suggestion would be use the underutilized Short term surface lot to create a roomy rideshare facility close in to the terminal. Then leave the taxis to the inner arrivals curb and personal pickup to the outside curb)

- how will the build the ramps without impacting traffic? (good question - my advice dont do it during the holidays)

- not enough bag claim belts (right now, its ok as more pax are carrying on and I believe they are stacking multiple flights per belt, but as pax counts grow or if airlines change carryon policy, who knows)

There's a lot more, mostly uninformed posts. Bottom line, let's see in a month how things are. TSA will be fixed. Rideshare will be addressed. Plenty of parking. But I am very curious how a 35gate, 17million pax terminal will function.

SNN707

Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:06 pm

Lt Gov Nungesser on a official national Lt Gov mission to Germany. Would be a good time to get a route commitment from DE or EW. Everyone keeps speaking about DE in the present, I'm sure they haven't said no, but havent said yes either.

https://kadn.com/louisiana-lt-governor- ... f-germany/

msyjay

Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:36 am

Man ole man. I decided to ride by the airport tonight to see what backlog of traffic problem is with the airport. Jeez, the traffic was backed up all the way to the interstate. One of the main culprits was the taxis. The airport needs to do a better job with regulating them in and out the airport. Once you pass that logjam, then it’s smooth ride to arrivals and departures. I hope that someone from the airport reads this and takes notice. I found an entrance to avoid all the traffic though. :)

SNN707

Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:53 am

msyjay wrote:
Man ole man. I decided to ride by the airport tonight to see what backlog of traffic problem is with the airport. Jeez, the traffic was backed up all the way to the interstate. One of the main culprits was the taxis. The airport needs to do a better job with regulating them in and out the airport. Once you pass that logjam, then it’s smooth ride to arrivals and departures. I hope that someone from the airport reads this and takes notice. I found an entrance to avoid all the traffic though. :)

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... :mrgreen:

LAX772LR

Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:45 am

FWIW, Condor's website has removed MSY as a bookable destination (even using a 1stop routing, despite discontinued routes like AUS, SAN, etc still being on there via codeshare)

Also, while their list of of US cities still includes MSY, the link on that page is now broken. It was working last time I checked it a few weeks ago.
https://www.condor.com/us/book-plan/fli ... rports.jsp

Not a promising sign for getting them back, but who knows.

SNN707

Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:36 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
FWIW, Condor's website has removed MSY as a bookable destination (even using a 1stop routing, despite discontinued routes like AUS, SAN, etc still being on there via codeshare)

Also, while their list of of US cities still includes MSY, the link on that page is now broken. It was working last time I checked it a few weeks ago.
https://www.condor.com/us/book-plan/fli ... rports.jsp

Not a promising sign for getting them back, but who knows.

Exactly. What's up with that? DE uses AS to codeshare from AUS (albeit I believe thru PDX). Why couldn't this be done at MSY via SEA? I presume "sign-watch" will be how we gauge DE's fate at MSY. If its there, we have a chance, If its removed, that's that.

Really wanted to try DE in 2020, despite having points to fly on the other options (shame on BA for charging those exorbitant fees thru the UK). Couldn't wait any longer and booked an award on another airline.

NolaMD88fan

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:21 pm

It's been that way on the DE site since the last flight of the season flew out in September. In the past, winter season flights were routed through JFK or BOS on B6 and then through MAN on MT. The demise of MT resulted in that routing no longer being available. The S20 schedule still hasn't been released according to DE staff, so there is still some hope they will be back.

SNN707

Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:24 am

Just happened upon F9's inaugural flight MSY-CVG today. Got some good MSY swag (pralines, earbuds, etc.) Oh yeah, 25min from LT garage to gate. But the traffic circle, what a mess.

NolaMD88fan

Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:41 am

CM (Copa) May Stats
Airport.......Seats......Pax......Load Factor
LAX...........26026....24488.......94.09%
JFK...........28644....26640.......93.00%
MIA...........58198....53089.......91.22%
ORD..........16956...15402........90.84%
IAD............19636...17807........90.69%
BOS..........12380....11172.......90.24%
LAS............6796.....6131.........90.21%
SFO..........16324....14649.......89.74%
MCO.........48614....42128.......86.66%
FLL.............5672....4839.........85.31%
MSY............4472.....3554........79.47%
SJU...........16408....12972.......79.06%
DEN............4800....3755.........78.23%
TPA............6536.....4876.........74.60%

Decent loads for the route in May, but still on the lower end of stations.

BA (British Airways) May Stats
Airport.......Seats......Pax......Load Factor
DEN.........20433.....18530.......90.69%
BWI..........13276.....12012.......90.48%
MCO.........35302.....31842......90.20%
SFO..........45190.....40494......89.61%
SEA..........29532.....26273.......88.96%
ORD.........46252.....41038.......88.73%
LAS..........32444.....28766.......88.66%
IAD...........36174.....31845......88.03%
DFW.........13984.....12310......88.03%
LAX..........52040.....45806.......88.02%
AUS.........20309.....17721.......87.26%
MSY...........9634......8395........87.14%
BNA.........13392.....11589.......86.54%
ATL..........13998.....12048.......86.07%
JFK........153422....131914......85.98%
TPA..........19154.....16426.......85.76%
EWR.........29216....24763.......84.76%
PHX..........21231.....17958......84.58%
PHL..........22485.....18744.......83.36%
MIA...........61547.....50762......82.48%
SJC..........13176.....10788.......81.88%
PIT.............7704.......6087.......79.01%
BOS.........69888.....55189.......78.97%
SAN..........17727....13944.......78.66%
IAH...........29937.....23232.......77.60%
FLL............7522......5530........73.52%
CHS...........3852......2514........65.26%

A very good month for the route.

mia

Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:28 pm

SNN707 wrote:
Just happened upon F9's inaugural flight MSY-CVG today. Got some good MSY swag (pralines, earbuds, etc.) Oh yeah, 25min from LT garage to gate. But the traffic circle, what a mess.

I expect the diverging diamond interchange at the offramp of the interstate is going to be equally disastrous, at least at first.
"Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen."

DJSNOLA

Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:51 pm

machinery on site for the ramps"

DJSNOLA

Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:40 pm

Pilings are now arriving on site it seems...

Also, on another note... whats the timeframe on the airport pursuing on site hotels? i think they should be moving forward on that asap

Nola

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:32 pm

Flew in and out of the new airport this weekend. Getting there wasn't a problem, but I was flying early in the morning. I do think the concourses are too narrow--as is the walkway to the C concourse behind security. The SkyClub is WAY too small for the number of people that fly DL. I guess the airport wanted to limit the size to increase the flow of people buying food as opposed to eating in the lounge.

NolaMD88fan

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:15 am

UK CAA stats are out for September.

https://www.caa.co.uk/uploadedFiles/CAA/Content/Standard_Content/Data_and_analysis/Datasets/Airport_stats/Airport_data_2019_09/Table_12_1_Intl_Air_Pax_Traffic_Route_Analysis.pdf

The MSY-LHR route had an estimated load factor of 74.8% in September. There were 6,406 pax flying on an estimated 8,560 offered seats. Last year, the load factor was 74.1% with 6,661 pax flying on an estimated 8,988 offered seats. Pax count decreased by -3.8% year over year.

All seat estimations for MSY, BWI, PIT and CHS are based on 788 seat count. SJC and BNA are based on 789 seat count. All of the markets experienced cancellations mostly due to pilot strike activity in September.

The following breaks down the numbers for each station that sees 788/789 flying exclusively.

Station........Sep Seats.......Sep Pax............Sep LF.......YTD Seats.......YTD Pax......YTD LF
BWI...............11,556..............9,853..............85.3%........112,564............97,114.........86.3%
SJC...............11,664............10,097..............86.6%........111,888............91,665.........81.9%
BNA..............12,096..............9,985..............82.5%..........95,272............77,608.........81.5%
PIT..................6,848..............4,777..............69.8%..........43,228............34,610.........80.1%
CHS................3,424..............2,506..............73.2%..........21,400............17,115.........80.0%
MSY................8,560..............6,406..............74.8%..........80,892............64,443.........79.7%

NolaMD88fan

Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:02 am

Here is how our TATL routes compared to all other TATL routes from peer FAA defined medium hub airports in May and year to date.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pUim6zLou2yi0OrZXam_VbjP4piD9X6G1bGOSez4ODs/edit?usp=sharing

May-
MSY-LHR ranked 9th out of 23 routes in pax count falling between EI's BDL-DUB and DL's IND-CDG routes.
MSY-LHR ranked 4th out of 23 routes for load factor falling between BA's AUS-LHR and DI's AUS-LGW routes.

YTD-
MSY-LHR ranked 6th out of 26 routes in pax count falling between DL's CVG-CDG and DY's OAK-CDG routes.
MSY-LHR ranked 7th out of 26 routes for load factor falling between DY's OAK-FCO and OAK-CDG routes.

For all routes with service the entirety of the first 5 months of the year, MSY-LHR ranked 2nd out of 12 routes for load factor.

mutu

Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:19 am

msycajun wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:
PlaneMad134 wrote:
BA to increase LHR-MSY from 5x to 6x weekly from 29th March. Thanks to @SeanM1997 for the info.
Link: https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 55393?s=19

I love to see people using my tweets. Always available on DM for any questions :)

6x weekly on B787-8 (daily except Sunday). British Airways showing confidence in the London-New Orleans route

Thanks for the update! I've tried to find out - any word on the configuration for the 787-10. Thinking about if they do permanently upgrade the route, it would be nice to have a small first cabin, but I don't think it necessarily needs a much bigger business cabin, especially at the expense of economy. I'd think that if the -10 had the F, J, and P cabins of the -9, plus the 154 E seats of the -8, that would be a nice mix for the route.

The -10 will be 8F 42J 35W and 165Y with first route ATL from Feb 2020

NolaMD88fan

Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:10 am

Vacation Express has added back service to CUN for next Summer. Flights will run twice weekly on Sunday and Thursday from 5/24 to 6/23, and will be operated by Swift Air. Vacation Express will also be flying to PUJ and MBJ next Summer. Would love to see them add a flight to SJD.

SNN707

Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:39 pm

Just returned from our first flight thru the NT. Outgoing left a lot of time and got thru from car to gate in 25min, leaving enough time to tour again.

Issues: the traffic circle situation must be fixed ASAP. Taxis and rideshare are backing up into the circle waiting to enter the hold lot causing the circle to gridlock. Also, auto soap dispensers still not working. No excuse. Wife noticed a sewer smell in the B concourse by the close in bathrooms.

Arriving back on the late WN flight from LAS last night, took about an hour to get bags once at claim. The flight from MCO arrived same time, both flights on same belt with a LARGE group of ppl waiting and waiting, many with small kids. Handful of bags start to come off the adjacent belt and ppl follow over like a herd of sheep. then the fire alarm goes off and stops. More bags come off the original belt, herd comes back over. About half the bags come off, belt stops. 20min later the rest come off. All the while there is ZERO T-Mobile reception in claim area.

UberX seemed to work well, but try getting a Lux or Black at that time. 20min wait again (still worth it).

Now, I think MSY is not at fault for WNs or TMO issues - but pax will blame the airport unfairly. What could have been a wow experience for many arriving turned into frustration. WN obviously only had one crew, and that explains them having to go to the planes and get the rest of the bags. Shame on WN for that. MSY should hold the cell carriers responsible for service levels. This should have been tested and verified prior to opening. You really need service at bag claim if you want a rideshare. Sorry for the length but had to tell the story.

LAX772LR

Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:28 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
Would love to see them add a flight to SJD.

I've also wondered how strong the draw would be for a weekly charter there.

Definitely something novel in terms of a nonstop from MSY.... despite the ease of a hop through IAH/DFW/LAX, which I guess most demand uses to get there.

DJSNOLA

Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:00 pm

SNN707 wrote:
Just returned from our first flight thru the NT. Outgoing left a lot of time and got thru from car to gate in 25min, leaving enough time to tour again.

Issues: the traffic circle situation must be fixed ASAP. Taxis and rideshare are backing up into the circle waiting to enter the hold lot causing the circle to gridlock. Also, auto soap dispensers still not working. No excuse. Wife noticed a sewer smell in the B concourse by the close in bathrooms.

Arriving back on the late WN flight from LAS last night, took about an hour to get bags once at claim. The flight from MCO arrived same time, both flights on same belt with a LARGE group of ppl waiting and waiting, many with small kids. Handful of bags start to come off the adjacent belt and ppl follow over like a herd of sheep. then the fire alarm goes off and stops. More bags come off the original belt, herd comes back over. About half the bags come off, belt stops. 20min later the rest come off. All the while there is ZERO T-Mobile reception in claim area.

UberX seemed to work well, but try getting a Lux or Black at that time. 20min wait again (still worth it).

Now, I think MSY is not at fault for WNs or TMO issues - but pax will blame the airport unfairly. What could have been a wow experience for many arriving turned into frustration. WN obviously only had one crew, and that explains them having to go to the planes and get the rest of the bags. Shame on WN for that. MSY should hold the cell carriers responsible for service levels. This should have been tested and verified prior to opening. You really need service at bag claim if you want a rideshare. Sorry for the length but had to tell the story.

these are more than fair critiques.. and as you said the airport needs to call these carriers out because at the end of the day its the airport that gets blamed even if its not their fault... and the soap dispenser thing is ridiculous.. if im the airport i tell the supplier to come take their crap out right now and get all new ones that work...

QB504

Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:07 pm

Auto soap dispensers worked for me today.

LightningZ71

Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:08 pm

I've been to the new terminal several times since opening and haven't had a single soap dispenser problem at any of the bathrooms that I've used. Also, AT&T and Verizon have decent coverage throughout the terminal, with only a few low signal areas that are between large support columns or in corners that have a lot of metal.around them. T-Mobile (and metro) are spotty all over the airport. That is, unfortunately, a carrier issue that they have had for a long time. Their primary spectrum has awful building penetration characteristics, and their recently added channel only helps a little. They have another major spectrum expansion project starting that may help more, but that will also require new devices in user hands that can actually use that new spectrum.

Also, there is free wifi that has full coverage throughout the facility. I've speed tested it many times and, while it advertises a minimum of 5 Mbps, it achieves over 20 on a regular basis. That's more than enough for both ride share apps and voice over Wifi calls.

SNN707

Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:49 am

LightningZ71 wrote:
I've been to the new terminal several times since opening and haven't had a single soap dispenser problem at any of the bathrooms that I've used. Also, AT&T and Verizon have decent coverage throughout the terminal, with only a few low signal areas that are between large support columns or in corners that have a lot of metal.around them. T-Mobile (and metro) are spotty all over the airport. That is, unfortunately, a carrier issue that they have had for a long time. Their primary spectrum has awful building penetration characteristics, and their recently added channel only helps a little. They have another major spectrum expansion project starting that may help more, but that will also require new devices in user hands that can actually use that new spectrum.

Also, there is free wifi that has full coverage throughout the facility. I've speed tested it many times and, while it advertises a minimum of 5 Mbps, it achieves over 20 on a regular basis. That's more than enough for both ride share apps and voice over Wifi calls.

Good to hear about the soap - maybe they are close to fixing that all around. I contacted TMO about this after the open house when I had basically no or little signal. I guess I need to tell them again. What fries me is when WN or TMO drops the ball, the airport seems to get the blame from pax.

On another topic, arriving at 12.45am, you really get the full picture on just how many planes overnight at MSY. I think there were 5 or 6 on the east RON area, almost every gate had a plane, including A which had a WN and an AA plane sleeping there (didnt get a view of the west RON stand).

Took a driverless Lyft BMW in Vegas. Very cool. Cheap since we were guinea pigs I guess. It will be interesting what arrivals will look like with those in the mix one day.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos