DeSpringbokke
Posts: 371
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:27 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:13 pm

Has it officially been confirmed Delta will convert the 10 A350-1000s LATAM had on the books into A350-900s?
 
cessna2
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:16 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:18 pm

flyinghippo wrote:
So... still no guesses on what DL will do with the 14 extra A350s? :)

Fly them if I had to guess...:D
 
FlyHPN
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:25 pm

DeSpringbokke wrote:
Has it officially been confirmed Delta will convert the 10 A350-1000s LATAM had on the books into A350-900s?

Nope. Delta’s quarterly report is due out on Thursday. Wouldn’t expect to hear anything before then.
 
Packson
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:27 am

Re: DL's new A359s from LATAM

Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:37 pm

timf wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
Delta says 350's that were supposed to originally go to LATAM that they are now taking, are scheduled to be delivered beginning 2020. The quote is right here. That is what I am going on. Please tell me what you are basing 2021 on.

The 4 used ones won't arrive before 2021 due to refurbishment lead times. The 10 new deliveries are due starting in 2020.


Thanks for clarification for Jumbo. Not sure how my statement was not clear.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3922
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:35 am

09/30-10/06 Period
Total Fleet: 154
Scheduled Service: 134/154
Spares: 10/154 (3x76T; 3x76Z; 1x77L; 3x333)
Conversion: 5/154 (4x [email protected]; 1x [email protected])
Maintenance: 4/154 ([email protected], 1x764(DS)@ATL; [email protected]; [email protected])
Induction/Storage: 1/154 ([email protected])

Highlights
> The next 764 (N835MH) in for mods entered CAN on 10/01
> The next two 339s (N405DX/N406DX) have rolled out of FAL in TLS in recent days

Flight/Route Changes
> ATL-BRU (80/81) from x1 to x13 effective 10/02
> ATL-FCO (62/63) discontinued effective 10/01
> ATL-VCE (192/193) discontinued effective 09/30
> DTW-FCO (236/237) from 76Z to 76L effective 10/01
> JFK-ATH (204/205) discontinued effective 09/30
> JFK-LAX (5pm) from 75W to 764 effective 10/01 (23)
> JFK-LAX (6pm) Daily to x23 effective 10/01
> MSP-ICN (171/170) from Daily to x13 effective 10/02
> PDX-AMS (178/179) from 333 to 76Z effective 10/02

Upgrades from narrowbody fleet
9/30: ATL-JFK; SEA-ATL; ATL-SLC; HNL-SLC-ATL-FLL-ATL; SEA-LAS-SEA; ATL-MSP
10/01: ATL-DTW; ATL-JFK; DTW-MSP; LAX-HNL; SLC-MSP; MSP-ATL
10/02: JFK-ATL; ATL-MCO-ATL
10/03: JFK-SFO; ATL-MCO-ATL
10/04: SFO-JFK; ATL-SEA; JFK-MSP; MSP-JFK
10/05: JFK-ATL-JFK; SEA-ATL; ATL-SLC-ATL
10/06: ATL-TPA-ATL; LAX-JFK

Charters
10/05: LAX-NKT-RIV-LAX (military)

Noteworthy Diversions
9/30: JFK-VCE -> YYT (medical)
10/01: CDG-ATL -> KEF (medical)

Flight Cancellations
9/30: JFK-LOS
10/01: HND-LAX
10/04: JFK-AMS
 
Capn
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:14 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:58 pm

Cactusjuba wrote:
Capn wrote:
I have read somewhere on Anet that DL. Would modify 6 767s for NFL charters to be used next season. Is there any substance to this ?
I had also heard that they were going to modify and dedicate a portion of the 767 fleet for transcons. Again, any substance to this ?
I find both very interesting...


4 767s for the next NFL season.


Any word on the configuration ?
UH-1 DEHAVILAND HERON MARTIN 404 DC-9 CHALLENGER 601 FALCON 50 & 900EX
 
Cactusjuba
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:06 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:12 pm

Capn wrote:
Cactusjuba wrote:
Capn wrote:
I have read somewhere on Anet that DL. Would modify 6 767s for NFL charters to be used next season. Is there any substance to this ?
I had also heard that they were going to modify and dedicate a portion of the 767 fleet for transcons. Again, any substance to this ?
I find both very interesting...


4 767s for the next NFL season.


Any word on the configuration ?


Sorry that's all I got.
 
Packson
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:27 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:37 pm

4 MD-88's scheduled for retirement this fall will be used for NCAA Basketball a d Hockey charters as well
 
cessna2
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:16 am

Re: DL's new A359s from LATAM

Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:48 pm

jumbojet wrote:
timf wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
Delta says 350's that were supposed to originally go to LATAM that they are now taking, are scheduled to be delivered beginning 2020. The quote is right here. That is what I am going on. Please tell me what you are basing 2021 on.

The 4 used ones won't arrive before 2021 due to refurbishment lead times. The 10 new deliveries are due starting in 2020.


Ahhhh, OK. That makes sense. So a total of 4 new 350's for DL next year; two of their own in early 2020 and two 'new' LATAM 350's towards the end of the year,

Looks like possibly only 3 A350's next year, if any of the LATAM 350's end up in DL livery. Right now Ships 3524-3515 will be delivered in MAR2020 with a possible 1 LATAM 350 in late 2020. "However there is no certainty we will see any of these aircraft in DL livery in the near future. This was not a network driven decision to acquire these aircraft and they are now trying to determine where they will best fit in." Also "When it comes to acquiring additional wide body aircraft DL is considering many options (787, 7X7, etc.) and the LATAM jets are now a part of that mix."
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 6067
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: DL's new A359s from LATAM

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:01 pm

cessna2 wrote:
This was not a network driven decision to acquire these aircraft and they are now trying to determine where they will best fit in."


I'll reiterate my interpretation that the 4+10 A350s in the LATAM deal were to be acquired by DL to manage LATAM's debt and CAPEX. It's nice to have rich friends in times of need.
 
FlyHPN
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: DL's new A359s from LATAM

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:57 am

cessna2 wrote:
Looks like possibly only 3 A350's next year, if any of the LATAM 350's end up in DL livery. Right now Ships 3524-3515 will be delivered in MAR2020 with a possible 1 LATAM 350 in late 2020. "However there is no certainty we will see any of these aircraft in DL livery in the near future. This was not a network driven decision to acquire these aircraft and they are now trying to determine where they will best fit in." Also "When it comes to acquiring additional wide body aircraft DL is considering many options (787, 7X7, etc.) and the LATAM jets are now a part of that mix."


If I may ask, what/who are you quoting?
 
cessna2
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:16 am

Re: DL's new A359s from LATAM

Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:02 am

FlyHPN wrote:
cessna2 wrote:
Looks like possibly only 3 A350's next year, if any of the LATAM 350's end up in DL livery. Right now Ships 3524-3515 will be delivered in MAR2020 with a possible 1 LATAM 350 in late 2020. "However there is no certainty we will see any of these aircraft in DL livery in the near future. This was not a network driven decision to acquire these aircraft and they are now trying to determine where they will best fit in." Also "When it comes to acquiring additional wide body aircraft DL is considering many options (787, 7X7, etc.) and the LATAM jets are now a part of that mix."


If I may ask, what/who are you quoting?

It’s from the Pilot newsletter I was sent.
 
FSDan
Posts: 2660
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:28 am

I don't remember if this was already covered in this thread, but as of now JFK-LAX is loaded as an all-763 route for next summer. 7 of the 10 daily frequencies are 76Ls, and the other 3 are 76Zs. 3 76Ls RON at LAX, with 2 more 76Ls + 1 76Z flying redeyes back to JFK each night.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
Oliver2020
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:39 am

Re: DL's new A359s from LATAM

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:31 am

cessna2 wrote:
FlyHPN wrote:
cessna2 wrote:
Looks like possibly only 3 A350's next year, if any of the LATAM 350's end up in DL livery. Right now Ships 3524-3515 will be delivered in MAR2020 with a possible 1 LATAM 350 in late 2020. "However there is no certainty we will see any of these aircraft in DL livery in the near future. This was not a network driven decision to acquire these aircraft and they are now trying to determine where they will best fit in." Also "When it comes to acquiring additional wide body aircraft DL is considering many options (787, 7X7, etc.) and the LATAM jets are now a part of that mix."


If I may ask, what/who are you quoting?

It’s from the Pilot newsletter I was sent.


Can you please copy and paste that newsletter or provide a link for that newsletter.
Thanks in advance
 
Oliver2020
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:39 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:12 am

Confirmation that Delta only had a total of 35-A339-neos as on order as of September 30th
4 delivered, 31 on order.
Reference page on pages 20, 36, and 37 of the following SEC filings.


https://s2.q4cdn.com/181345880/files/do ... 19-10Q.pdf
 
Oliver2020
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:39 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:00 pm

Regarding the A350 it appears the 10 deferred AC from the original order are canceled or were substituted with the other added 10 A339 order. On page 34 of the SEC filings below it lists
13-delivered-16 on order ( which would be the 2 -DL orders +14 -LATAM) that’s 29 AC
To simply 25 DL orders+14-LATAM =39
So 10 are missing which would be the deferred AC. Am I correct or what did I miss in the SEC filing.

https://s2.q4cdn.com/181345880/files/do ... 19-10Q.pdf
 
Eyad89
Posts: 642
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:47 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:17 pm

Oliver2020 wrote:
Regarding the A350 it appears the 10 deferred AC from the original order are canceled or were substituted with the other added 10 A339 order. On page 34 of the SEC filings below it lists
13-delivered-16 on order ( which would be the 2 -DL orders +14 -LATAM) that’s 29 AC
To simply 25 DL orders+14-LATAM =39
So 10 are missing which would be the deferred AC. Am I correct or what did I miss in the SEC filing.

https://s2.q4cdn.com/181345880/files/do ... 19-10Q.pdf


No, it clearly that only the 4 already built LATAM A350s are included in the table, the 10 LATAM A350s that are not built yet are PLANNED to be added.

That means the 16 remaining orders are the 12 remaining frames from the original DL order of 25 and the 4 already built LATAM frames.
 
Oliver2020
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:39 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:20 pm

Eyad89 wrote:
Oliver2020 wrote:
Regarding the A350 it appears the 10 deferred AC from the original order are canceled or were substituted with the other added 10 A339 order. On page 34 of the SEC filings below it lists
13-delivered-16 on order ( which would be the 2 -DL orders +14 -LATAM) that’s 29 AC
To simply 25 DL orders+14-LATAM =39
So 10 are missing which would be the deferred AC. Am I correct or what did I miss in the SEC filing.

https://s2.q4cdn.com/181345880/files/do ... 19-10Q.pdf


No, it clearly that only the 4 already built LATAM A350s are included in the table, the 10 LATAM A350s that are not built yet are PLANNED to be added.

That means the 16 remaining orders are the 12 remaining frames from the original DL order of 25 and the 4 already built LATAM frames.




It also clearly states on page 20 there are as of September 30, 2019 there were only 16-A359's left on order.
 
jbs2886
Posts: 2173
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:23 pm

Oliver2020 wrote:
Eyad89 wrote:
Oliver2020 wrote:
Regarding the A350 it appears the 10 deferred AC from the original order are canceled or were substituted with the other added 10 A339 order. On page 34 of the SEC filings below it lists
13-delivered-16 on order ( which would be the 2 -DL orders +14 -LATAM) that’s 29 AC
To simply 25 DL orders+14-LATAM =39
So 10 are missing which would be the deferred AC. Am I correct or what did I miss in the SEC filing.

https://s2.q4cdn.com/181345880/files/do ... 19-10Q.pdf


No, it clearly that only the 4 already built LATAM A350s are included in the table, the 10 LATAM A350s that are not built yet are PLANNED to be added.

That means the 16 remaining orders are the 12 remaining frames from the original DL order of 25 and the 4 already built LATAM frames.




It also clearly states on page 20 there are as of September 30, 2019 there were only 16-A359's left on order.


The language is very clear that DL is "planning" to add the 10 LATAM orders. The 16, which no one disputes, is 12 remaining frames from original DL order + 4 current LATAM frames. The additional LATAM orders are not accounted for.
 
Oliver2020
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:39 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:38 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
Oliver2020 wrote:
Eyad89 wrote:

No, it clearly that only the 4 already built LATAM A350s are included in the table, the 10 LATAM A350s that are not built yet are PLANNED to be added.

That means the 16 remaining orders are the 12 remaining frames from the original DL order of 25 and the 4 already built LATAM frames.




It also clearly states on page 20 there are as of September 30, 2019 there were only 16-A359's left on order.


The language is very clear that DL is "planning" to add the 10 LATAM orders. The 16, which no one disputes, is 12 remaining frames from original DL order + 4 current LATAM frames. The additional LATAM orders are not accounted for.


We can agree to disagree and I hope you're right as that would be great to have 39-A359's in the fleet, BUT nowhere in the SEC filings is it stated they aren't accounted for. Read the entire report and tell me if I missed and I'll apologize for wasting time.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 6067
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:13 pm

We don't know how DL and LATAM have structured the deal - or series of deals - between what we have today and the end goal of an ATI'd JV with the 20% equity stake. Maybe DL has committed to buying the four used A350s in a simple purchase transaction that was in place by the time of the 9/30/19 effective date of the SEC filing referenced by Oliver2020. I wouldn't bet the SEC filing is a misstatement... those guys have little tolerance for that sort of thing.
 
Oliver2020
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:39 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:44 pm

Oliver2020 wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
Oliver2020 wrote:



It also clearly states on page 20 there are as of September 30, 2019 there were only 16-A359's left on order.


The language is very clear that DL is "planning" to add the 10 LATAM orders. The 16, which no one disputes, is 12 remaining frames from original DL order + 4 current LATAM frames. The additional LATAM orders are not accounted for.


We can agree to disagree and I hope you're right as that would be great to have 39-A359's in the fleet, BUT nowhere in the SEC filings is it stated they aren't accounted for. Read the entire report and tell me if I missed and I'll apologize for wasting time.


Disregard I found it and I apologize to both of you as I said I would, and I hope they do take delivery
of all 39-a359.
 
NateGreat
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:35 am

What’s the deal with N831MH? I thought it was supposed to exit mods on October 3, but there’s no data for it on FlightAware since it’s arrival in CAN on September 4. Also, N834MH was supposed to exit on October 11, but no data on that plane either.
 
audidudi
Posts: 2136
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:55 pm

NateGreat wrote:
What’s the deal with N831MH? I thought it was supposed to exit mods on October 3, but there’s no data for it on FlightAware since it’s arrival in CAN on September 4. Also, N834MH was supposed to exit on October 11, but no data on that plane either.

I don't know where the expected "exit dates" are published, but do we know if there is any mx being performed on some of these frames, besides the cabin mods? I'm sure each aircraft could have different estimated days at CAN depending on whatever else is needed to be performed.
 
audidudi
Posts: 2136
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:20 am

B773LR, N702DN, is currently en route to NRT, and then perhaps to SIN for mods?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N702DN
 
777Mech
Posts: 802
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:16 am

audidudi wrote:
B773LR, N702DN, is currently en route to NRT, and then perhaps to SIN for mods?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N702DN


It's going to HND, and no, it's an extra section to fly the stranded pax due to the typhoon. It will fly back to MSP.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3922
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:34 am

10/07-10/13 Period
Total Fleet: 154
Scheduled Service: 134/154
Spares: 9/154 (3x76T; 2x76Z; 1x764(DS); 1x77L; 2x333)
Conversion: 5/154 (4x [email protected]; 1x [email protected])
Maintenance: 5/154 ([email protected], [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected])
Induction/Storage: 1/154 ([email protected])

Highlights
> Typhoon Hagibis caused havoc in Japan on 10/11-12 with all flights in and out of Tokyo and surrounding airports cancelled

Flight/Route Changes
> IND-CDG (500/501) from Daily to x13 effective 10/07
> PDX-NRT (69/68) from Daily to x23 effective 10/08
> SEA-KIX (183/182) from Daily to x1 effective 10/07

Upgrades from narrowbody fleet
10/7: ATL-JFK; BOS-LAX-BOS; ATL-SLC-ATL
10/9: JFK-ATL; ATL-MCO-ATL
10/10: JFK-LAS-JFK; ATL-LAX; LAX-ATL
10/11: JFK-SEA-JFK
10/12: JFK-SFO-JFK
10/13: ATL-JFK

Charters
10/11-12: ATL-GTB-AEX-ATL (military)
10/12: LAX-AEX-HNL-LAX (military)
10/12-13: ATL-GTB-AEX-ATL (military)
10/13: ATL-AEX-HNL-ATL (military)

Noteworthy Diversions
10/10: PDX-AMS -> DTW (tech)
10/12: SLC-LHR -> JFK (crew?)
10/13: AMS-DTW -> BGR (medical)

Flight Cancellations
10/7: GIG-ATL; CDG-JFK
10/10: SLC-LHR; FCO-DTW
10/11: ATL-NRT; DTW-NGO; DTW-NRT; HNL-KIX; HNL-NRT; LAX-HND; MSP-HND; PDX-NRT; SEA-ICN; SEA-KIX; SEA-NRT; AMS-TPA; SLC-LHR
10/12: ATL-NRT; DTW-NRT; HNL-NRT; LAX-HND; MSP-HND; NRT-MNL; PDX-NRT; SEA-CDG; SEA-NRT
10/13: LAX-PVG; NRT-MNL; SCL-ATL
 
CRJ200flyer
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:04 am

Delta canceled DL23 MUC-DTW (767-300ER) due to a maintenance problem (reported to me by a friend stuck there). A rescue flight DL9923 has been created for tomorrow morning.
 
cessna2
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:16 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:49 pm

As I said before DL has added 2 more A330NEO’s to its order book and also accelerated the A330NEO delivery schedule. Wonder what this means in terms of growth opportunities.
 
TropicalSky
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:52 pm

You have any ideas?


cessna2 wrote:
As I said before DL has added 2 more A330NEO’s to its order book and also accelerated the A330NEO delivery schedule. Wonder what this means in terms of growth opportunities.
 
NateGreat
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:34 pm

TropicalSky wrote:
You have any ideas?


cessna2 wrote:
As I said before DL has added 2 more A330NEO’s to its order book and also accelerated the A330NEO delivery schedule. Wonder what this means in terms of growth opportunities.

Expansion-wise, it would be interesting to see some longer TATL/West Coast TATL, or some more TPAC, possibly further inland, from hubs like SLC or MSP. I would also like to see some AMS, CDG, etc. routes that currently use A333s upgraded to A339s.
 
cessna2
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:16 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:11 pm

TropicalSky wrote:
You have any ideas?


cessna2 wrote:
As I said before DL has added 2 more A330NEO’s to its order book and also accelerated the A330NEO delivery schedule. Wonder what this means in terms of growth opportunities.

SEA-FCO would be something I could see down the road. Possibly SEA-TPE/SIN. But who knows what DL has planned.
 
TropicalSky
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:42 pm

Can definitely see TPE &a ROME ..... Singapore & Hong Kong maybe down the road when they've filled in the remainder of the network to SEA

cessna2 wrote:
TropicalSky wrote:
You have any ideas?


cessna2 wrote:
As I said before DL has added 2 more A330NEO’s to its order book and also accelerated the A330NEO delivery schedule. Wonder what this means in terms of growth opportunities.

SEA-FCO would be something I could see down the road. Possibly SEA-TPE/SIN. But who knows what DL has planned.
 
NateGreat
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:26 pm

TropicalSky wrote:
Can definitely see TPE &a ROME ..... Singapore & Hong Kong maybe down the road when they've filled in the remainder of the network to SEA

cessna2 wrote:
TropicalSky wrote:
You have any ideas?



SEA-FCO would be something I could see down the road. Possibly SEA-TPE/SIN. But who knows what DL has planned.

I see SEA-CDG as one of the next announced A339 routes.
 
FSDan
Posts: 2660
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:58 am

TropicalSky wrote:
Can definitely see TPE &a ROME .....


Taipei, sure. I'm not sure I can see DL starting SEA-FCO given how poorly MSP-FCO performed a few summers ago with much greater feed available at MSP. And I'd be surprised if SEA-FCO is a much larger local market.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
jumbojet
Posts: 2942
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:01 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:13 am

FSDan wrote:
I don't remember if this was already covered in this thread, but as of now JFK-LAX is loaded as an all-763 route for next summer. 7 of the 10 daily frequencies are 76Ls, and the other 3 are 76Zs. 3 76Ls RON at LAX, with 2 more 76Ls + 1 76Z flying redeyes back to JFK each night.


I've flown 3 recent flights on this route, JFK-LAX-JFK, all in D1. As far as the seat goes, DL has to be the worst in the market. DL really needs to up their game on the JFK-LAX front. The seat/cabin is really showing its age. 1 flight, the IFE screen and remote were broken and unusable, another flight, the seat wouldn't recline unless the purser started ripping apart the seat cushions and banging the hell out of the inner workings of the seat... I realize there are other priorities like LHR but JFK-LAX has to be a close 2nd. Any DL plans to refurbish the 763's that fly JFK-LAX?
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3922
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:44 am

10/14-10/20 Period
Total Fleet: 154
Scheduled Service: 133/154
Spares: 8/154 (2x76T; 3x76Z; 1x764(DS); 1x339; 1x333)
Conversion: 6/154 (4x [email protected]; 2x [email protected])
Maintenance: 7/154 ([email protected]; [email protected], [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected])
Induction/Storage: 0/154

Highlights
> One runway operations at JFK caused a havoc on 10/17. 2+hr delays on AMS, BCN, DUB, FRA, GRU, LAX, LHR, MAD, NCE, PRG, TLV, TXL and ZRH departures
> DL has added 2 new A339 orders (through ALC) and accelerated certain orders of the type
> The next 77L for mods has arrived in SIN on 10/19
> The 4th A339 exited induction and entered active service on 10/18

Flight/Route Changes
> ATL-CDG (84/83) from 7HD to 332 effective 10/16
> ATL-HNL (837/836) from Daily to x3 effective 10/16
> DTW-NGO (95/94) from x2 to x23 effective 10/16
> MSP-ICN (171/170) from x13 to Daily effective 10/16
> PDX-LHR (36/37) seasonal service cancelled effective 10/18
> PDX-NRT (69/68) from Daily to x23 effective 10/15
> SLC-LHR (50/51) from Daily to x123 effective 10/15

Upgrades from narrowbody fleet
10/14: ATL-FLL-ATL; ATL-UIO-ATL; JFK-SFO-JFK
10/15: RDU-ATL; ATL-UIO-ATL
10/16: ATL-SLC-ATL; SLC-ATL; ATL-UIO-ATL; ATL-TPA-ATL; ATL-MSP; MSP-ATL
10/17; ATL-UIO-ATL
10/18: ATL-DTW; DTW-ATL; DTW-SEA
10/19: PDX-JFK
10/20: ATL-SEA; SEA-DTW-SEA

Charters
10/14-15: MSP-GRK-RIV-MSP (military)
10/14-15: JFK-GTB-AEX-JFK (military)
10/15: ATL-GTB-AEX-ATL (military)
10/16: ATL-GTB-AEX-ATL x3 (military)
10/16: DTW-AEX-HNL-DTW (military)
10/17: ATL-GTB-AEX-ATL (military)
10/18: ATL-LAS-VAD-ATL (military)
10/19: JFK-GTB-AEX-JFK (military)
10/19-20: LAX-AEX-HNL-AEX (military)

Noteworthy Diversions
10/15: JFK-FRA -> YHZ (medical)

Flight Cancellations
10/15: JFK-CDG; MUC-DTW
10/16: JFK-LHR
10/17: JFK-VCE
10/20: AMS-PDX
 
panamair
Posts: 4112
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2001 2:24 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:11 pm

Anybody knows what is happening with the 764 refurbs? The first scheduled flight was supposed to be ATL-LHR (DL030) on 12 November but it now looks like it has been pushed back a week to 19 Nov. Similarly DL001 JFK-LHR was supposed to get the new plane starting 16 November but now looks like the first flight has also been delayed a week. Are they still having issues with the new wireless IFE?
 
NateGreat
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:44 pm

panamair wrote:
Anybody knows what is happening with the 764 refurbs? The first scheduled flight was supposed to be ATL-LHR (DL030) on 12 November but it now looks like it has been pushed back a week to 19 Nov. Similarly DL001 JFK-LHR was supposed to get the new plane starting 16 November but now looks like the first flight has also been delayed a week. Are they still having issues with the new wireless IFE?

N828MH has not had much downtime at all recently, so it’s IFE status is unknown at the moment. The 4 other frames are still in CAN.
 
FSDan
Posts: 2660
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:27 am

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
Upgrades from narrowbody fleet
10/14: ATL-FLL-ATL; ATL-UIO-ATL; JFK-SFO-JFK
10/15: RDU-ATL; ATL-UIO-ATL
10/16: ATL-SLC-ATL; SLC-ATL; ATL-UIO-ATL; ATL-TPA-ATL; ATL-MSP; MSP-ATL
10/17; ATL-UIO-ATL
10/18: ATL-DTW; DTW-ATL; DTW-SEA
10/19: PDX-JFK
10/20: ATL-SEA; SEA-DTW-SEA


Wow, great week for UIO! Is there a major event of some kind going on there, or just better than expected bookings/cargo?
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
mackdad
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:16 am

FSDan wrote:
hkcanadaexpat wrote:
Upgrades from narrowbody fleet
10/14: ATL-FLL-ATL; ATL-UIO-ATL; JFK-SFO-JFK
10/15: RDU-ATL; ATL-UIO-ATL
10/16: ATL-SLC-ATL; SLC-ATL; ATL-UIO-ATL; ATL-TPA-ATL; ATL-MSP; MSP-ATL
10/17; ATL-UIO-ATL
10/18: ATL-DTW; DTW-ATL; DTW-SEA
10/19: PDX-JFK
10/20: ATL-SEA; SEA-DTW-SEA


Wow, great week for UIO! Is there a major event of some kind going on there, or just better than expected bookings/cargo?



Major demonstrations in Quito has affected Airport operations and the flight had to cancel twice. The upgrade was to rescue stranded pax.
 
777Mech
Posts: 802
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:35 am

mackdad wrote:
FSDan wrote:
hkcanadaexpat wrote:
Upgrades from narrowbody fleet
10/14: ATL-FLL-ATL; ATL-UIO-ATL; JFK-SFO-JFK
10/15: RDU-ATL; ATL-UIO-ATL
10/16: ATL-SLC-ATL; SLC-ATL; ATL-UIO-ATL; ATL-TPA-ATL; ATL-MSP; MSP-ATL
10/17; ATL-UIO-ATL
10/18: ATL-DTW; DTW-ATL; DTW-SEA
10/19: PDX-JFK
10/20: ATL-SEA; SEA-DTW-SEA


Wow, great week for UIO! Is there a major event of some kind going on there, or just better than expected bookings/cargo?



Major demonstrations in Quito has affected Airport operations and the flight had to cancel twice. The upgrade was to rescue stranded pax.


Also they are turning the plane with 4 man flight crews with flyaway kits so the aircraft won't be stranded there.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3922
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:10 am

This weekend (10/26-27) marks the switch from S19 to W19/20 schedule which sees a number of route/equipment changes:

ATL-AMS (70/71) seasonal cancelled
ATL-BCN (194/195) seasonal cancelled
ATL-BOG (981/980) from 752 to 76Z
ATL-BRU (80/81) from 76Z to 764
ATL-CDG (82/83) from 7HD to 333
ATL-DUB (176/177) seasonal cancelled
ATL-EZE (101/110) from 333 to 764
ATL-FRA (14/15) from 76L to 764
ATL-GIG (61/60) from 764 to 76Z
ATL-HNL (837/836) from 76Z to 764
ATL-LHR (30/31) from 332/333 to 333
ATL-LHR (32/33) from 332/333 to 332
ATL-LIM (151/150) from 764 to 76Z
ATL-MAD (108/109) from 764 to 76Z
ATL-MUC (130/131) from 76Z to 764
ATL-NRT (295/296) from 7CD to 359
ATL-SLC (1105/1802) from 752 to 76Z
ATL-STR (116/117) from 764 to 76Z
BOS-AMS (256/257) seasonal cancelled
BOS-AMS (258/259) from 76Z to 333
CVG-CDG (228/229) from 76L to 76Z
DTW-AMS (132/133) from 359 to 333
DTW-AMS (134/135) from 333 to 359
DTW-AMS (138/139) seasonal cancelled
DTW-CDG (96/97) seasonal cancelled
DTW-CDG (98/99) from 76L to 333
DTW-FCO (236/237) seasonal cancelled
DTW-FRA (86/87) from 76L to 764
DTW-LHR (16/17) from 332 to 333
DTW-LHR (18/19) from 76Z to 332
DTW-MUC (22/23) seasonal cancelled
JFK-AMS (48/49) from 333 to 76Z
JFK-AMS (50/51) third daily flight from 10/26
JFK-ATH (202/203) seasonal cancelled
JFK-BCN (476/477) from 764 to 333
JFK-BRU (140/141) from 76Z to 764
JFK-CDG (264/265) seasonal cancelled
JFK-FRA (106/107) from 76L to 764
JFK-GRU (471/472) from 76L to 333
JFK-LAX (1529/816) from 764 to 76L
JFK-LAX (1085/2262) from 764 to 76L
JFK-LAX (423/2686) from 76Z to 76L
JFK-LAX (453/1258) from 333 to 76L
JFK-LAX (447/1436) from 76Z to 76L
JFK-LAX (427/1362) from 764 to 76L
JFK-MAD (126/127) from 764 to 76Z
JFK-NCE (412/413) seasonal cancelled
JFK-PRG (210/211) seasonal cancelled
JFK-TLV (466/467) seasonal cancelled
JFK-TXL (92/93) seasonal cancelled
JFK-VCE (474/475) seasonal cancelled
LAX-HND (7/6) from 359 to 7HD
LAX-PVG (89/88) from 359 to 7HD
MSP-AMS (164/165) seasonal cancelled
MSP-CDG (42/43) from 7HD to 76T
MSP-ICN (171/170) from 7HD to 359
MSP-LHR (10/11) from 76Z to 333
SEA-AMS (144/145) seasonal cancelled
SEA-KIX (183/182) seasonal cancelled
SEA-NRT (167/166) from 359 to 339
SLC-HNL (601/602) from 752 to 764
TPA-AMS seasonal cancelled
 
TW870
Posts: 1035
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:19 pm

hkcanadaexpat thank you for posting the summary of the whole transition to the winter schedule. Excellent reference to have this all in one place!
 
audidudi
Posts: 2136
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:18 am

According to FR24, B772LR #7101, N701DN, is scheduled to ferry from SIN>NRT early on Thursday morning:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n701dn
 
NateGreat
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:26 am

Considering that the summer season is over, when will the new IFE be working on N828MH? He’s been flying practically nonstop recently. You would think that he would have enough downtime since summer to get his IFE working/certified. But have lots of 764s been down recently, thus requiring N828MH to keep filling in for the other airframes?
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3922
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:02 pm

N831MH (764) scheduled to exit CAN on 11/12 with Delta Suites Mods

I also believe that N828MH (764) received certification for the IFE in ATL, exiting on 11/9 (TBC)
 
TropicalSky
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:14 pm

Appears ship 702 77L went in for mods a few days ago
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N702DN
 
LFW
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:16 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:00 pm

Does anyone know why N174DN has been down at Cecil in Jacksonville Florida for a couple of weeks? It is one of the potential retirees.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3922
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:05 am

Updated fleet usage

Total Fleet: 154
Scheduled Service: 124/154
Spares: 18/154 (1x76T; 1x76L; 4x76Z; 1x764(DS); 4x764; 1x7CD; 1x7CB; 4x333)
Conversion: 5/154 (3x [email protected]; 2x [email protected])
Maintenance: 6/154 ([email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected], [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected])
Induction/Storage: 1/154 (764(DS)@MSP)

Also, the 5th 339 performed its maiden test flight @TLS on 11/7 and the 14th 359 rolled out of FAL last week.

Weekly updates will resume next week

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos