hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3849
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:09 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 4/20
763ER-high J(T): unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 1:40pm SEA-ATL flight (N1612T)
763ER-low J: SLC-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N193DN)
763ER-low J: BRU-JFK flight cancelled - tech (N1605)
332: unscheduled swap from 333 on 8:27pm DTW-AMS-DTW rotation (N853NW)
332: JFK-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N856NW)
7CB: N707DN scheduled exit mods on 4/23
77L: ATL-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N709DN)
77L: unscheduled swap from 359 on DTW-PEK-DTW rotation (N709DN)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3849
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:16 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 4/21
763ER-high J(T): unscheduled swap from 763 on 8:17pm ATL-SLC-ATL rotation (N1612T)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 8:10am ATL-PHX-ATL rotation (N193DN)
763ER-low J: BRU-JFK rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N1605)
332: MSP-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N852NW)
332: DTW-MSP ferry flight - maintenance swap (N853NW)
77L: DTW-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N709DN)
 
User avatar
DL_Mech
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2000 7:48 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:38 am

1401 working hard on her last day flying.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n140ll

Everybody on this site remembers 1401 for her less than perfect Widget livery.

This plane is built to withstand anything... except a bad pilot.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3849
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:58 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 4/22
763: ATL-SVN-RIV-LAX military charter (N140LL)
763: LAX-SBD ferry flight - aircraft retirement (N140LL)
763ER-high J: unscheduled upgrade from 75W on 5:15pm JFK-SFO-JFK rotation (N179DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled upgrade from 752 on 8:05pm ATL-MCO-ATL rotation (N394DL)
763ER-low J: SLC-PDX ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N1200K)
763ER-low J: PDX-NRT flight diverted to SEA - crew? (N1200K)
763ER-low J: JFK-AMS flight diverted to BOS - medical? (N1201P)
332: unscheduled swap from 333 on 10:50pm DTW-AMS-DTW rotation (N852NW)
332: DTW-BOS ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N859NW)
332: unscheduled swap from 333 on BOS-AMS-BOS rotation (N859NW)
764: unscheduled swap from 763ER-high J on 3:29pm JFK-LAX-JFK rotation (N825MH)
764: scheduled upgrade from 752 on 8:43pm ATL-JFK-ATL rotation (N827MH)
764: scheduled upgrade from 752 on 5:45pm MSP-ATL flight (N840MH)
7CB: SIN-NRT-MSP ferry flight - maintenance/conversion exit 3/10 [31 days](N707DN)
333: PVG-NRT-SEA-ATL ferry flight - maintenance exit [36 days](N819NW)
 
Kno
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:48 am

I don’t believe I’ve seen anything here but it’s worth mentioning that a 76W is now on the BOS-SLC route.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3849
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:47 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 4/23
763ER-high J: ATL-JFK ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N1612T)
763ER-high J: unscheduled upgrade from 75W on 9:40am JFK-SFO-JFK rotation (N1612T)
763ER-low J: GUS-MSP ferry flight - paint exit [12 days] (N188DN)
763ER-low J: PDX-SLC ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N190DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled upgrade from 752 on 10:55am ATL-MCO-ATL rotation (N193DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 739 on 4:10pm ATL-MCO-ATL rotation (N193DN)
332: unscheduled swap from 333 on BOS-AMS-JFK rotation (N859NW)
764: scheduled upgrade from 752 on 12:20pm ATL-LAX-MSP rotation (N827MH)
764: ATL-DUB flight cancelled - tech (N832MH)
333: LAX-SVN-RIV-LAX military charter (N827MH)
 
BluYonder
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:02 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:27 pm

Delta showing Suites for ATL-PVG effective 11/7/19 and 11/9 for ATL-JNB.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3849
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:18 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 4/24
763: 3x daily ATL-SLC flights migrate to 321 effective 4/25 (N1402A)
763ER-high J(T): unscheduled upgrade from 75W on 9:40am JFK-SFO-JFK rotation (N1612T)
763ER-high J: DTW-SVN-ONT-DTW military charter (N176DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 6:20am MSP-ATL-SAN-ATL rotation (N188DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled upgrade from 75W on 4:59pm JFK-LAX-JFK rotation (N195DN)
763ER-low J: BRU-ATL flight cancelled - tech (N169DZ)
763ER-low J: ATL-LAX ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N178DZ)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on DTW-FCO-DTW rotation (N16065)
332: JFK-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N859NW)
764: JFK-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N825MH)
764: ATL-DUB rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N825MH)
333: BOS-JFK ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N830NW)
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4062
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:05 pm

How is the extra aircraft being allocated now that TPA-AMS is being trimmed to seasonal
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
cessna2
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:16 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:35 pm

Rumor has it a 787 or 797 order is imminent with a need of 20 aircraft at minimum. Sure would love to see the 787 in DL colors.
 
micstatic
Posts: 733
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2001 10:07 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:42 pm

Boeing doesn't even have board approval to offer the 797. The max issues only slow that down. I would think someday they will operate this plane, but I wouldn't expect anything in the short term on the 797.
S340,DH8,AT7,CR2/7,E135/45/170/190,319,320,717,732,733,734,735,737,738,744,752,762,763,764,772,M80,M90
 
FlyHPN
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:51 pm

cessna2 wrote:
Rumor has it a 787 or 797 order is imminent with a need of 20 aircraft at minimum. Sure would love to see the 787 in DL colors.


Any source for this conjecture? I find it hard to believe an order is imminent for an aircraft Boeing doesn't even have authority to offer yet.
 
cessna2
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:16 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:30 pm

FlyHPN wrote:
cessna2 wrote:
Rumor has it a 787 or 797 order is imminent with a need of 20 aircraft at minimum. Sure would love to see the 787 in DL colors.


Any source for this conjecture? I find it hard to believe an order is imminent for an aircraft Boeing doesn't even have authority to offer yet.

From the CEO himself. He talked about it at an employee event my friend was at yesterday. I personally think it’ll be a 787 order as DL will need to start replacing older 767s. I don’t think the 797 will be available by that time.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 5593
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:32 pm

micstatic wrote:
Boeing doesn't even have board approval to offer the 797. The max issues only slow that down. I would think someday they will operate this plane, but I wouldn't expect anything in the short term on the 797.


Oh, I don't know - maybe the same way Airbus wants to talk about 321XLR orders? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1416155
 
FlyHPN
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:53 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
micstatic wrote:
Boeing doesn't even have board approval to offer the 797. The max issues only slow that down. I would think someday they will operate this plane, but I wouldn't expect anything in the short term on the 797.


Oh, I don't know - maybe the same way Airbus wants to talk about 321XLR orders? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1416155


No-one would deny Boeing is talking to customers about the NMA, but a Delta order can't be imminent, unless your term for imminent (about to happen) is at least 2 months, and even that is a best-case.
 
gsg013
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:48 pm

Keeping the fingers crossed that DL will take the 787 think it could be a good compliment. (A wild card to think about is that both partners KLM & AF both have the 787) between the three of them there could be good economies of scale of DL maintaining all three airlines birds in the long run.

Do people still believe that DL will be one of the Launch customers of the 797? DL is looking like a genius right now not ordering the MAX as their competitors did and now waiting for the better 21st century technology and being patient.
 
LDRA
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:01 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:54 pm

cessna2 wrote:
Rumor has it a 787 or 797 order is imminent with a need of 20 aircraft at minimum. Sure would love to see the 787 in DL colors.


787-10 would be good fit

787-8 would also work as 767 replacement. Boeing should update 787-8 structural design, delete center fuel tank make it 200T MTOW only. Should still have 767-300ER range capability
Last edited by LDRA on Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
N776AU
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:18 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:58 pm

None of these are my work, but.....
Image
Image
Image
Careful, doors are closing, and will not reopen. Please wait for the next train.
 
TropicalSky
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:53 pm

The original would be ICONIC on the B787.....the last livery doesn't look bad either,but Wavy Gravey is a non starter


N776AU wrote:
None of these are my work, but.....
Image
Image
Image
 
cessna2
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:16 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:43 pm

compensateme wrote:
cessna2 wrote:
FlyHPN wrote:

Any source for this conjecture? I find it hard to believe an order is imminent for an aircraft Boeing doesn't even have authority to offer yet.

From the CEO himself. He talked about it at an employee event my friend was at yesterday. I personally think it’ll be a 787 order as DL will need to start replacing older 767s. I don’t think the 797 will be available by that time.


B.S. There's no way Ed Bastian divulged at an employee event that a 787/797 order is imminent. Delta is a publicly traded company, and there are protocols it must adhere to.

#1) There's no other sources reporting this information.
#2) If DL were truly in advanced talks with Boeing, reports would've leaked to the media by now.
#3) Senior/executive management/governance in a publicly traded company do not divulge this information until its occurrence.

Wishful thinking is not the same thing as a rumor.

It hasn’t been a secret that DL wants to be the 797 launch customer. But with the MAX issues I’d bet that launch has been pushed back. I’d say there’s more fact behind this but until it’s publicly released its a “rumor”.
 
TropicalSky
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:51 pm

fleet will be awesome A-330-2,3&9....A-350....B777 ER&LR....B767-4....B787-8&10 and B797.........pretty much every range and lift capability needed would be covered
 
User avatar
compensateme
Posts: 3279
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:00 pm

cessna2 wrote:
It hasn’t been a secret that DL wants to be the 797 launch customer. But with the MAX issues I’d bet that launch has been pushed back. I’d say there’s more fact behind this but until it’s publicly released its a “rumor”.


DL has never said it wants to be the 797 launch customer. Instead, DL has said it wants to work with Boeing on the design on an aircraft to meet its needs. That doesn't mean Boeing is going to base the design of the 797 on DL's needs, or that the ultimate design will be satisfactory to DL.

If DL were in advanced talks to purchase the 787 or 797, reports would've leaked to the media by now, and at the employee event, Ed would've said 'sure, we're interested in the aircraft, but I know nothing beyond that' (rather than provide positive confirmation). So sure, it's a rumor, but one that was manufactured by you or the person who told you, not at all a credible one.
We don’t care what your next flight is.
 
Oliver2020
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:39 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:14 pm

compensateme wrote:
cessna2 wrote:
It hasn’t been a secret that DL wants to be the 797 launch customer. But with the MAX issues I’d bet that launch has been pushed back. I’d say there’s more fact behind this but until it’s publicly released its a “rumor”.


DL has never said it wants to be the 797 launch customer. Instead, DL has said it wants to work with Boeing on the design on an aircraft to meet its needs. That doesn't mean Boeing is going to base the design of the 797 on DL's needs, or that the ultimate design will be satisfactory to DL.

If DL were in advanced talks to purchase the 787 or 797, reports would've leaked to the media by now, and at the employee event, Ed would've said 'sure, we're interested in the aircraft, but I know nothing beyond that' (rather than provide positive confirmation). So sure, it's a rumor, but one that was manufactured by you or the person who told you, not at all a credible one.



Ed Bastian did stated on the MSNBC interview 2 weeks ago that Delta wanted to be the launch customer for the 797/MOM to replace the 757 and 767 fleet.

BUT he never mentioned the 787, they discussed the 737 MAX issues, 797/MOM, and maintenance issues.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/watch-c ... vp-BBVNBAm
Last edited by Oliver2020 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
seabosdca
Posts: 6492
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:17 pm

Bastian has made clear on a million occasions that he's constantly talking to Boeing about the 797. Something will have to go badly wrong for Delta not to be a 797 launch customer, whenever the launch may be.

On the other hand, a 787 order would be a shock at this exact moment. Delta already has a steady stream of widebodies arriving from now until 2025, serving initially as growth and 763 replacement capacity, and then (most likely) as 77E replacement capacity. It definitely needs more widebodies starting in 2025 or later, as there's no replacement yet for the last tranche of 763s or the 764s. But there is no reason to order in 2019 for deliveries starting in 2025 from an established program, unless Boeing gets desperate to book orders—hardly the situation for the 787. I'd expect a 787/A350 contest in about two years.
Last edited by seabosdca on Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
LDRA
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:01 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:20 pm

seabosdca wrote:
Bastian has made clear on a million occasions that he's constantly talking to Boeing about the 797. Something will have to go badly wrong for Delta not to be a 797 launch customer, whenever the launch may be.

On the other hand, a 787 order would be a shock at this exact moment. Delta already has a steady stream of widebodies arriving from now until 2025, serving initially as growth and 763 replacement capacity, and then (most likely) as 77E replacement capacity. It definitely needs more widebodies starting in 2025 or later, as there's no replacement yet for the last tranche of 763s or the 764s, but there is no reason to order in 2019 for deliveries starting in 2025 from an established program, unless Boeing gets desperate to book orders—hardly the situation for the 787,

797 launch timing will not align with 767 retirement. So 787- 8 provided as interim stop gap until 797 ready
 
User avatar
compensateme
Posts: 3279
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:31 pm

Oliver2020 wrote:
compensateme wrote:
cessna2 wrote:
It hasn’t been a secret that DL wants to be the 797 launch customer. But with the MAX issues I’d bet that launch has been pushed back. I’d say there’s more fact behind this but until it’s publicly released its a “rumor”.


DL has never said it wants to be the 797 launch customer. Instead, DL has said it wants to work with Boeing on the design on an aircraft to meet its needs. That doesn't mean Boeing is going to base the design of the 797 on DL's needs, or that the ultimate design will be satisfactory to DL.

If DL were in advanced talks to purchase the 787 or 797, reports would've leaked to the media by now, and at the employee event, Ed would've said 'sure, we're interested in the aircraft, but I know nothing beyond that' (rather than provide positive confirmation). So sure, it's a rumor, but one that was manufactured by you or the person who told you, not at all a credible one.



Ed Bastian did stated on the MSNBC interview 2 weeks ago that Delta wanted to be the launch customer for the 797/MOM to replace the 757 and 767 fleet.

BUT he never mentioned the 787, they discussed the 737 MAX issues, 797/MOM, and maintenance issues.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/watch-c ... vp-BBVNBAm


He didn't say that. He said that if Boeing designed an airplane that met DL's needs, they'd be the first ones to order it. Boeing could ultimately choose a design that's unsatisfactory to DL. The 200 aircraft he quotes is deceitful -- by the time the first 797 was on property, nearly all the 757 and many of the 767 will be retired. There will still be enough 767 left to represent a large opportunity for Boeing, but again, that doesn't mean they'll ultimately choose a design that's satisfactory to DL.

Ed does mention, however, that DL's had limited, preliminary discussions with Boeing, which kills the idea that an order is imminent.

seabosdca wrote:
Bastian has made clear on a million occasions that he's constantly talking to Boeing about the 797. Something will have to go badly wrong for Delta not to be a 797 launch customer, whenever the launch may be.


In the interview linked above, Bastian mentions that DL's had LIMITED, PRELIMINARY discussions with Boeing.

There's a difference between objectivity (facts)... and wishful thinking. I mention this only because we now have a group of posters convinced -- because they desperately want to believe so -- that DL will be ordering the 787 and 797, based upon a "rumor" that somebody made up.
We don’t care what your next flight is.
 
Oliver2020
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:39 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:38 pm

compensateme wrote:
Oliver2020 wrote:
compensateme wrote:

DL has never said it wants to be the 797 launch customer. Instead, DL has said it wants to work with Boeing on the design on an aircraft to meet its needs. That doesn't mean Boeing is going to base the design of the 797 on DL's needs, or that the ultimate design will be satisfactory to DL.

If DL were in advanced talks to purchase the 787 or 797, reports would've leaked to the media by now, and at the employee event, Ed would've said 'sure, we're interested in the aircraft, but I know nothing beyond that' (rather than provide positive confirmation). So sure, it's a rumor, but one that was manufactured by you or the person who told you, not at all a credible one.



Ed Bastian did stated on the MSNBC interview 2 weeks ago that Delta wanted to be the launch customer for the 797/MOM to replace the 757 and 767 fleet.

BUT he never mentioned the 787, they discussed the 737 MAX issues, 797/MOM, and maintenance issues.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/watch-c ... vp-BBVNBAm


He didn't say that. He said that if Boeing designed an airplane that met DL's needs, they'd be the first ones to order it. Boeing could ultimately choose a design that's unsatisfactory to DL. The 200 aircraft he quotes is deceitful -- by the time the first 797 was on property, nearly all the 757 and many of the 767 will be retired. There will still be enough 767 left to represent a large opportunity for Boeing, but again, that doesn't mean they'll ultimately choose a design that's satisfactory to DL.

Ed does mention, however, that DL's had limited, preliminary discussions with Boeing, which kills the idea that an order is imminent.

seabosdca wrote:
Bastian has made clear on a million occasions that he's constantly talking to Boeing about the 797. Something will have to go badly wrong for Delta not to be a 797 launch customer, whenever the launch may be.


In the interview linked above, Bastian mentions that DL's had LIMITED, PRELIMINARY discussions with Boeing.

There's a difference between objectivity (facts)... and wishful thinking. I mention this only because we now have a group of posters convinced -- because they desperately want to believe so -- that DL will be ordering the 787 and 797, based upon a "rumor" that somebody made up.



At 4:15 into the video he says he (Delta) are hoping to be launch customer of the 797/MOM.
 
User avatar
compensateme
Posts: 3279
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:58 pm

Oliver2020 wrote:
At 4:15 into the video he says he (Delta) are hoping to be launch customer of the 797/MOM.


In context: ...provided they meet DL's requirements.

I write this, because if Boeing decides that's DL's requirements are a niche, a builds a plane with greater market appeal that DL ultimately rejects, there's going to be a lot of broken hearts and conspiracy theories on this forum. So let's get it right the first time: DL will be the launch consumer of the 797, should Boeing meet its requirements (which probably aren't limited to tech, but also price and delivery).
We don’t care what your next flight is.
 
NateGreat
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:27 pm

cessna2 wrote:
FlyHPN wrote:
cessna2 wrote:
Rumor has it a 787 or 797 order is imminent with a need of 20 aircraft at minimum. Sure would love to see the 787 in DL colors.


Any source for this conjecture? I find it hard to believe an order is imminent for an aircraft Boeing doesn't even have authority to offer yet.

From the CEO himself. He talked about it at an employee event my friend was at yesterday. I personally think it’ll be a 787 order as DL will need to start replacing older 767s. I don’t think the 797 will be available by that time.

I’ll believe the 787 order when I see something official made public.
 
NWADTWE16
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:12 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:25 am

Everything I hear internally is that Delta has zero plans to buy any Boeing planes in the near future so they are likely playing with pricing to get better costs on A321LR XLR and A359/1000
I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list!
 
User avatar
seabosdca
Posts: 6492
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:21 am

NWADTWE16 wrote:
Everything I hear internally is that Delta has zero plans to buy any Boeing planes in the near future so they are likely playing with pricing to get better costs on A321LR XLR and A359/1000


I'm sure a few pilots and miscellaneous middle managers are better informed about Delta's plans than the CEO.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3849
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:46 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 4/25
763: ATL-SVN-RIV-SVN military charter (N1402A)
763ER-high J(T): unscheduled swap from 763ER-high J on 3:29pm JFK-LAX-JFK rotation (N1612T)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from MD90 on 2:20pm ATL-MIA-ATL rotation (N182DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 9:57am ATL-SEA-ATL rotation (N188DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled upgrade from 75W on 11:40am JFK-LAX-JFK rotation (N195DN)
763ER-low J: SLC-SVN-RIV-SLC military charter (N1201P)
763ER-low J: BRU-ATL rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N169DZ)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on 1:55pm ATL-MCO-ATL rotation (N169DZ)
339: N404DX, to become DL's #4 339 rolled out of FAL
333: JFK-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N813NW)
333: MSP-SEA ferry flight - maintenance exit [15 days] (N822NW)
 
gloom
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:24 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:31 pm

seabosdca wrote:
I'm sure a few pilots and miscellaneous middle managers are better informed about Delta's plans than the CEO.


CEO needs to keep the costs down. He needs to say whatever is required to keep shareowners happy. Every statement he makes becomes public.

So... informed? Yeah, he's probably way better informed. But whatever he says - in many cases - is not what he's informed. I'd say it's better to listen to middle level managers, than CEO, when you're looking for truth.

Cheers,
Adam
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3849
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:09 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 4/26
763: SVN-RIV-BIF-GTB-SVN military charter (N1402A)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 75W on 9:40am JFK-SFO-JFK rotation (N155DL)
763ER-low J: AMS-JFK flight diverted to BDL - weather (N156DL)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 8:27am ATL-LAS-ATL-SEA-ATL rotation (N188DN)
763ER-low J: second daily HNL-NRT flight effective 4/26 - Japanese Golden Week extra lift (N196DN)
763ER-low J: AMS-SEA flight diverted to YZF - medical (N173DZ)
332: DTW-MSP ferry flight - maintenance swap (N855NW)
77L: ATL-LAX ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N701DN)
333: CDG-JFK flight cancelled - tech (N805NW)
333: ATL-JFK ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N811NW)
 
LawAndOrder
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:26 pm

NWADTWE16 wrote:
Everything I hear internally is that Delta has zero plans to buy any Boeing planes in the near future so they are likely playing with pricing to get better costs on A321LR XLR and A359/1000


You are definitely talking to the wrong people internally. The 321XLR is an easy conversion of 321 neo options which would not replace all of the 757 and certainly not the 767s. There is room for both, and the company is certainly considering both I’d imagine ;-)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3849
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:05 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 4/27
763: SVN-RIV-SKF military charter (N1402A)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 9:10pm ATL-LAX-MSP rotation (N182DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 8:25am ATL-LAX-ATL rotation (N169DZ)
332: MSP-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N853NW)
77L: unscheduled swap from 7CB on LAX-ATL-LAX rotation (N701DN)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on MSP-HND-MSP rotation (N707DN)
333: CDG-JFK rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N805NW)
333: JFK-MSP ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N805NW)
333: LAX-SVN-RIV-LAX military charter (N823NW)
 
FlyBitcoin
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:38 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:30 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 4/27
77L: unscheduled swap from 7CB on LAX-ATL-LAX rotation (N701DN)


This appears to be a "one-off" 7CB.
The 7CB is loaded into the DL schedule beginning on May 6 for LAX-ATL-LAX with a couple of days off in the first week, then daily thereafter.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3849
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:41 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 4/28
763: SKF-IND-BTV-AEX-ATL military charter (N1402A)
763ER-high J(T): unscheduled upgrade from 75E on 9:40am JFK-SFO-JFK rotation (N1612T)
763ER-low J: CAN-SIN ferry flight - maintenance exit [43 days] (N154DL)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 1:05pm MSP-MCO-MSP rotation (N182DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 11:00am ATL-SAN-ATL rotation (N169DZ)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on 10:26pm ATL-FLL-ATL rotation (N169DZ)
77L: unscheduled swap from 763ER-low J on 9:45am LAX-JFK flight (N701DN)
77L: JFK-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N701DN)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on MSP-CDG-ATL rotation (N707DN)
333: SEA-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N822NW)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3849
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:59 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 4/29
763: ATL-SVN-RIV-ATL military charter (N1402A)
763ER-high J(T): unscheduled upgrade from 75E on 9:40am JFK-SFO-JFK rotation (N1612T)
763ER-low J: SIN-QPG-OKO-ANC-RIV-ATL military charter (N154DL)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 7:00am MSP-MCO-MSP-LAX-ATL rotation (N182DN)
763ER-low J: LAX-HNL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N184DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on ATL-FRA-ATL rotation (N394DL)
763ER-low J: RDU-CDG flight cancelled - tech (N16065)
332: unscheduled swap from 333 on 10:50pm DTW-AMS-DTW rotation (N860NW)
764: MSP-BTV-AEX-BTV-AEX-BTV-AEX-MSP military charter (N842MH)
77L: unscheduled swap from 7CD on ATL-NRT-ATL rotation (N701DN)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on 3:32pm ATL-CDG-ATL rotation (N707DN)
333: ATL-EZE flight cancelled - tech (N808NW)
 
CRJ200flyer
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:22 pm

 
NateGreat
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:36 pm

CRJ200flyer wrote:

The real question is “when will it take its first flight?”
 
DTWorld
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:34 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:14 pm

NateGreat wrote:
CRJ200flyer wrote:

The real question is “when will it take its first flight?”


I keep asking myself that question as it's been a while since I posted that picture in the 330neo production thread a few weeks ago. With them supposedly delivering them sometime between now and the end of May, you would think that they'd be hustling a little to get it delivered soon.
 
NateGreat
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:18 pm

They finally announced it! Also, curious to see if JFK will get any more 777s in the future.

https://news.delta.com/nonstop-mumbai-n ... gin-dec-22
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3849
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:56 pm

NateGreat wrote:
They finally announced it! Also, curious to see if JFK will get any more 777s in the future.
https://news.delta.com/nonstop-mumbai-n ... gin-dec-22

At least one more as this frame will need to rotate into the network. Depending on what the 777/359 final allocation is for W19/20 it could be a JFK-LAX rotation that connects HND/PVG/SYD-LAX-JFK-BOM.
 
NateGreat
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:01 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
NateGreat wrote:
They finally announced it! Also, curious to see if JFK will get any more 777s in the future.
https://news.delta.com/nonstop-mumbai-n ... gin-dec-22

At least one more as this frame will need to rotate into the network. Depending on what the 777/359 final allocation is for W19/20 it could be a JFK-LAX rotation that connects HND/PVG/SYD-LAX-JFK-BOM.

Sounds likely. D1 Suites on LAX-JFK-LAX.
 
jagraham
Posts: 874
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:10 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:53 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 4/27
763: SVN-RIV-SKF military charter (N1402A)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 9:10pm ATL-LAX-MSP rotation (N182DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 8:25am ATL-LAX-ATL rotation (N169DZ)
332: MSP-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N853NW)
77L: unscheduled swap from 7CB on LAX-ATL-LAX rotation (N701DN)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on MSP-HND-MSP rotation (N707DN)
333: CDG-JFK rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N805NW)
333: JFK-MSP ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N805NW)
333: LAX-SVN-RIV-LAX military charter (N823NW)


N1402A is still alive !?!?!
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3849
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Wed May 01, 2019 1:53 am

jagraham wrote:
N1402A is still alive !?!?!

It's sticking around for a little while to do charters and one-off subs. DL is milking the cow till it's bone dry!
 
N126DL
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:37 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Wed May 01, 2019 1:59 am

[quote="hkcanadaexpat"]
77L: unscheduled swap from 7CD on ATL-NRT-ATL rotation (N701DN)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on 3:32pm ATL-CDG-ATL rotation (N707DN)

Please remind me what the difference is between the 7CB and 7CD? I cannot find it in the forum search.
Which one is the modified 77L and which is the modified 77E?
DH84 E135/145/175/190 CR2/7/9 A319/20/21 A332/3 D95 M80/83/88/90/95 73W/8/9 752/3 763/4 772/L
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3849
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Wed May 01, 2019 2:45 am

N126DL wrote:
Please remind me what the difference is between the 7CB and 7CD? I cannot find it in the forum search.
Which one is the modified 77L and which is the modified 77E?

7CB = 4 Class 77L with Delta 1 Suites
7CD = 4 Class 772 with Delta 1 Suites
I will revert back to 772/77L nomenclature once the final frames are converted by year end.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3849
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Wed May 01, 2019 6:50 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 4/30
763: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on 9:55am ATL-MCO-ATL-MSP-ATL rotation (N1402A)
763ER-high J(T): unscheduled upgrade from 75W on 9:40am JFK-SFO-JFK rotation (N1612T)
763ER-high J(T): JFK-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N1612T)
763ER-high J: DTW-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N175DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 7:25am ATL-LAX-ATL-LAX-ATL rotation (N182DN)
763ER-low J: ATL-RDU ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N169DZ)
763ER-low J: RDU-CDG rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N169DZ)
763ER-low J: NRT-KUV-DRW-NRT military charter (N171DZ)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on 3:32pm ATL-CDG-ATL rotation (N707DN)
333: 10:25pm ATL-CDG flight migrates from 7CD effective 4/30 (N812NW)
333: ATL-EZE rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N821NW)
359: AMS-DTW flight cancelled - tech (N513DZ)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos