NateGreat
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu May 23, 2019 5:14 am

Since the first A330neo to be delivered is in the Airbus Delivery Center, is there any word on the delivery date?
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu May 23, 2019 6:27 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 5/22
763: SVN-ONT-SVN military charter (N1402A)
763ER-high J(T): unscheduled swap from high-J on ATL-ZRH-ATL rotation - maintenance exit [8 days] (N1608)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on 7:40am SEA-JFK flight (N394DL)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on 4:30pm JFK-SEA flight (N177DZ)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on 6:20am MCO-ATL flight (N178DZ)
7CD: scheduled swap from 333 on 3:18pm ATL-AMS-ATL rotation (N865DA)
77L: unscheduled swap from 7CD on 10:36pm ATL-CDG-ATL rotation (N702DN)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on ATL-NRT-ATL rotation (N704DK)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 77L on ATL-PVG-ATL rotation (N705DN)
333: scheduled swap from 77L on 5:15pm ATL-AMS-ATL rotation (N803NW)
 
AlexBrewster03
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu May 23, 2019 1:39 pm

Does anybody know when the last few 767-300 will be retired? I heard it would be this year...
 
audidudi
Posts: 2022
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu May 23, 2019 2:12 pm

AlexBrewster03 wrote:
Does anybody know when the last few 767-300 will be retired? I heard it would be this year...

There is only one B763 (non -ER), N1402A, left in the fleet and it's scheduled to be retired next month. If you are referring to the -ER versions, a few have already been retired and four more will go this year. As each A339 is delivered, then we should see an -ER being retired.
Last edited by audidudi on Thu May 23, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
BlatantEcho
Posts: 2086
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2000 10:11 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu May 23, 2019 2:27 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
FlyBitcoin wrote:
PDX-HND will be flown using Delta’s Airbus A330-200 aircraft, which features 34 full flat-bed seats with direct-aisle access in Delta One, 32 in Delta Comfort+ and 168 in Main Cabin.

A conservative betting man would say that the PDX-LHR rotation will migrate from 763ER-low J to 332 during S20 to allow this frame to rotate into the network with the ATL-LHR or DTW-LHR rotations.



I didn’t see your post here, but that is exactly what I’d guessed in the Oregon Aviation Thread.

Question is, does delta expand the LHR flight to year round too?

If not, I imagine you’d see PDX-AMS also upguage to A332 in winter allowing that frame to rotate AMS-PDX-HND-PDX-AMS while lhr service is not operating.

(Unless the third option happens where delta starts PDX-ICN on A332.... which seems least likely to me for 2020
 
AdEd
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 6:05 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu May 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Is there any word on the timeline of 764 mods and N828MH?
 
FlyBitcoin
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:38 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu May 23, 2019 4:46 pm

Wonder if we see one last Memorial Day Weekend unscheduled "upgrade" for N1402A.
If not the 5/20 MCO-ATL could be it's last non-charter flight.
Widely reported it will be retired 6/1 or 6/2
 
audidudi
Posts: 2022
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu May 23, 2019 5:52 pm

DL's first A339, N401DZ, was scheduled to have been delivered from TLS>ATL today, but has now been cancelled:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n401dz
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu May 23, 2019 7:14 pm

BlatantEcho wrote:
Question is, does delta expand the LHR flight to year round too?
If not, I imagine you’d see PDX-AMS also upguage to A332 in winter allowing that frame to rotate AMS-PDX-HND-PDX-AMS while lhr service is not operating.
(Unless the third option happens where delta starts PDX-ICN on A332.... which seems least likely to me for 2020

You could also see an ATL-PDX-ATL 332 winter rotation during the LHR downtime. Last winter there was such a rotation on a 763ER. Time will tell.
 
777Mech
Posts: 736
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu May 23, 2019 9:07 pm

FlyBitcoin wrote:
Wonder if we see one last Memorial Day Weekend unscheduled "upgrade" for N1402A.
If not the 5/20 MCO-ATL could be it's last non-charter flight.
Widely reported it will be retired 6/1 or 6/2


It's last day is 6/3. It should ferry to SBD same day.
 
777Mech
Posts: 736
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu May 23, 2019 9:08 pm

audidudi wrote:
DL's first A339, N401DZ, was scheduled to have been delivered from TLS>ATL today, but has now been cancelled:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n401dz



It has just taken off from TLS! Scheduled into ATL around 1am.
 
FSDan
Posts: 2417
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu May 23, 2019 9:35 pm

BlatantEcho wrote:
hkcanadaexpat wrote:
FlyBitcoin wrote:
PDX-HND will be flown using Delta’s Airbus A330-200 aircraft, which features 34 full flat-bed seats with direct-aisle access in Delta One, 32 in Delta Comfort+ and 168 in Main Cabin.

A conservative betting man would say that the PDX-LHR rotation will migrate from 763ER-low J to 332 during S20 to allow this frame to rotate into the network with the ATL-LHR or DTW-LHR rotations.



I didn’t see your post here, but that is exactly what I’d guessed in the Oregon Aviation Thread.

Question is, does delta expand the LHR flight to year round too?

If not, I imagine you’d see PDX-AMS also upguage to A332 in winter allowing that frame to rotate AMS-PDX-HND-PDX-AMS while lhr service is not operating.

(Unless the third option happens where delta starts PDX-ICN on A332.... which seems least likely to me for 2020


Unless DL significantly changes the timing of the LHR-PDX-LHR flight, I'd expect the 332 to rotate to PDX via AMS (perhaps something like a DTW-AMS-PDX-HND-PDX-AMS-DTW routing).
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri May 24, 2019 7:28 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 5/23
763: SVN-BIF-GTB-DTW military charter (N1402A)
763ER-high J(T): unscheduled swap from 763ER-high J on ATL-ZRH-ATL rotation (N1608)
763ER-high J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 8:37pm ATL-LAS-ATL rotation (N179DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled additional ATL-BOS flight (N184DN)
763ER-low J: BOS-DUB route migrates from 75W effective 5/23 (N184DN)
763ER-low J: LHR-SLC flight diverted to KEF - medical (N187DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled additional DTW-ATL flight (N198DN)
763ER-low J: seasonal JFK-CPH route effective 5/23 (N199DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled additional ATL-TPA flight (N178DZ)
763ER-low J: new seasonal TPA-AMS route effective 5/23 (N178DZ)
339: TLS-ATL delivery flight (N401DZ)
7CD: scheduled swap from 333 on 3:18pm ATL-AMS-ATL rotation (N864DA)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on 10:36pm ATL-CDG-ATL rotation (N706DN)
333: seasonal second daily ATL-FCO flight effective 5/23 (N801NW)
333: unscheduled upgrade from 739 on 5:55pm MSP-ATL flight (N804NW)
333: DTW-FCO route migrates from 763ER-low J effective 5/23 (N813NW)
333: unscheduled upgrade from 320 on 11:45am MSP-DTW flight (N824NW)
359: NRT-SEA flight diverted to PDX - weather (N506DN)
 
ADM94
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri May 24, 2019 1:53 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
763ER-low J: LHR-SLC flight diverted to KEF - medical (N187DN)


http://avherald.com/h?article=4c84f999&opt=0 - ?
318 319 320 321 332 333 346 359 388 AR1 712 722 733 734 735 73G 738 739 752 753 763 764 77E 77L 789 CRJ CR7 CR9 CS1 D93 DH4 ERD ER4 E75 E90 F70 100 M80 M90
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sat May 25, 2019 6:04 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 5/24
763: DTW-BIF-MKE-RIV-SVN military charter (N1402A)
763ER-high J(T): unscheduled swap from 763ER-high J on ATL-ZRH-ATL rotation (N1608)
763ER-low J: scheduled additional ATL-JFK flight (N154DL)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 75W on 9:50am JFK-SFO-JFK rotation (N394DL)
763ER-low J: JFK-LHR rescue flight following sister ship SLC-LHR diversion (N394DL)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 1:50pm ATL-SLC flight (N188DN)
763ER-low J: SLC-LHR flight diverted to JFK - tech (N188DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 4:00pm SLC-ATL flight (N173DZ)
764: CAN-NRT-SEA ferry flight - maintenance exit [15 day] (N845MH)
7CD: unscheduled swap from 7CB on ATL-LAX-ATL rotation (N867DA)
77L: unscheduled swap from 7CD on ATL-NRT-ATL rotation (N702DN)
 
audidudi
Posts: 2022
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sun May 26, 2019 5:14 am

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
Mods were completed more than a month ago. It remains at CAN due to issues with the wireless IFE system. It is not expected back to the U.S. until 5/25.

Any updates on N828MH? Both FR24 and FlightAware have not shown any flights since it ferried to CAN for mods on Jan 3rd/4th 2019.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sun May 26, 2019 5:57 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 5/25
763: SVN-AEX-BDL-RIV-SVN military charter (N1402A)
763ER-high J(T): unscheduled upgrade from 752 on 7:15pm ATL-SEA flight (N1608)
339: N402DX performed its RTO - maiden test flight imminent
7CB: LAX-CDG route migrates from 333 effective 5/25
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on ATL-NRT-ATL rotation (N707DN)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sun May 26, 2019 6:03 am

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
audidudi wrote:
hkcanadaexpat wrote:
If you clicked on the link you posted, you'd notice it has only been moved within CAN, no test flight. Mods were completed more than a month ago. It remains at CAN due to issues with the wireless IFE system. It is not expected back to the U.S. until 5/25.

I obviously did click on the link I posted as how else would I have got the info re-its flight? I was referring to the 17 mins flight time on 17th April, which shows an ATD of 2.35pm and landing at 2.53pm, for a total flight time of 17 mins. Perhaps you missed that...but naturally you're right, and FR24 is wrong as usual.

You mean 17 minutes of being towed around CAN? Hit playback and see where it flew to and what altitude it reached! The ground speed is incredible for a 17 minute flight...

N828MH is not due back now until end of June. I believe it is issues with the wireless IFE. Perhaps another fake test flight or two between now and then to keep us entertained!
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon May 27, 2019 6:54 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 5/26
763: SVN-AEX-BTV-AEX-BTV-ONT military charter (N1402A)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on 8:30am SEA-ATL flight (N182DN)
764: SEA-RIV-SVN-ATL military charter (N845MH)
7CD: unscheduled swap from 333 on 8:35pm MSP-AMS-MSP rotation (N860DA)
7CD: unscheduled swap from 7CB on CDG-LAX-ATL rotation (N863DA)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on CDG-ATL-CDG rotation (N704DK)
333: ATL-JFK ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N804NW)
333: scheduled swap from 7CD on MSP-CDG-ATL rotation (N816NW)
 
777Mech
Posts: 736
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue May 28, 2019 3:13 am

The first revenue flight for the 339 has been pushed back to July 15th due to a delay in LDMCR certification.
 
NateGreat
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue May 28, 2019 3:47 am

777Mech wrote:
The first revenue flight for the 339 has been pushed back to July 15th due to a delay in LDMCR certification.

What exactly is “LDMCR certification”?
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue May 28, 2019 4:45 am

NateGreat wrote:
What exactly is “LDMCR certification”?

LDMCR - Lower Deck Mobile Crew Rest
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue May 28, 2019 8:22 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 5/27
763: ONT-SVN-IND-GRK military charter (N1402A)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on JFK-ACC-JFK rotation (N175DN)
763ER-low J: JFK-BOS ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N188DN)
763ER-low J: HNL-ANC-HNL military charter (N171DZ)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from low-J on JFK-GRU-JFK rotation (N172DZ)
763ER-low J: CDG-BOS flight cancelled - tech (N1603)
764: MSP-IND-GRK-IND-GRK military charter (N826MH)
7CD: scheduled swap from 333 on 5:52pm MSP-AMS-MSP rotation (N860DA)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on ATL-NRT-ATL rotation (N706DN)
77L: unscheduled swap from 7CD on 3:31pm ATL-CDG-ATL rotation (N708DN)
77L: ATL-MSP ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N710DN)
77L: unscheduled swap from 7CD on MSP-HND-MSP rotation (N710DN)
333: scheduled swap from 77L on 5:26pm ATL-AMS-ATL rotation (N816NW)
 
NateGreat
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue May 28, 2019 7:21 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
NateGreat wrote:
What exactly is “LDMCR certification”?

LDMCR - Lower Deck Mobile Crew Rest

Wow, interesting! Could we expect to see interior shots of the cabin soon?
 
blacksoviet
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue May 28, 2019 7:55 pm

With the retirement of the last 767-300 next month, what cities will continue to see domestic widebody flights after June 2019?
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue May 28, 2019 8:08 pm

blacksoviet wrote:
With the retirement of the last 767-300 next month, what cities will continue to see domestic widebody flights after June 2019?

S 2019 domestic widebody:
ATL-HNL 333
ATL-LAX 763(1), 777(1)
DTW-HNL 764
JFK-LAX 764(4), 333 (1), 763 (2)
LAX-HNL 763
MSP-HNL 764
SLC-BOS 763
SLC-HNL 333
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:32 pm

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 5/28
763: GRK-RIV-SVN-ONT-SVN-ATL military charter (N1402A)
763ER-high J: ATL-JFK ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N174DN)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from 764 on 9:55am JFK-LAX-JFK rotation (N185DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on ATL-FRA-ATL rotation (N1201P)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on ATL-ZRH-ATL rotation (N174DZ)
763ER-low J: BOS-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N1603)
764: GRK-SVN-ONT-MSP military charter (N826MH)
764: ATL-JFK ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N838MH)
764: JFK-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N842MH)
339: N402DX maiden test flight at TLS
7CD: MSP-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N865DA)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on ATL-NRT-ATL rotation (N704DK)
77L: unscheduled swap from 7CD on MSP-CDG-ATL rotation (N710DN)

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 5/29
763: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on 12:13pm ATL-FLL-ATL rotation (N1402A)
763ER-high J: JFK-LAX flight diverted to SLC - medical? (N179DN)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on JFK-BRU-ATL rotation (N185DN)
763ER-low J: DTW-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N196DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on ATL-ZRH-ATL rotation (N16065)
332: ATL-EZE-ATL rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N853NW)
7CD: unscheduled swap from 7CB on CDG-LAX-CDG rotation (N863DA)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on ATL-NRT-ATL rotation (N707DN)
333: unscheduled swap from 332 on ATL-LHR-ATL rotation (N812NW)

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 5/30
763: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 8:37pm ATL-LAS-ATL rotation (N1402A)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on ATL-NRT-ATL rotation (N705DN)
333: unscheduled swap from 332 on 11:00pm JFK-LHR-JFK rotation (N806NW)
333: AMS-DTW flight diverted to BOS - medical? (N817NW)
359: NRT-SEA flight diverted to PDX - weather (N504DN)

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 5/31
763: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 8:37pm ATL-LAS-ATL rotation (N1402A)
763ER-low J: CAN-NRT-SEA-ATL ferry flight - maintenance exit [13 days] (N169DZ)
764: unscheduled upgrade from 321 on 6:25am ATL-BOS-ATL rotation (N842MH)
7CD: unscheduled swap from 7CB on CDG-LAX-CDG rotation (N860DA)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on ATL-NRT-ATL rotation (N706DN)
333: unscheduled swap from 332 on 11:00pm JFK-LHR-JFK rotation (N806NW)
359: NRT-SEA flight diverted to PDX - weather (N501DN)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:57 am

For those keeping track. Last commercial flight of a DL 763 (non-ER) today (6/2). It will be an ATL-SLC-ATL rotation (DL 2302 outbound and DL 1802 inbound). It will then fly to the desert on Monday (6/3) to BYH.
 
audidudi
Posts: 2022
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:33 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
For those keeping track. Last commercial flight of a DL 763 (non-ER) today (6/2). It will be an ATL-SLC-ATL rotation (DL 2302 outbound and DL 1802 inbound). It will then fly to the desert on Monday (6/3) to BYH.

BYH is actually Blytheville, Arkansas, so is not in the desert!

The reason it's going there is because Aviation Repair Technologies (ART) is headquartered at Arkansas International Airport in Blytheville. It performs heavy aircraft maintenance, aircraft engine disassembly, aircraft disassembly, and aircraft storage.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:53 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 6/1
763: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 9:40am ATL-SEA-ATL-MCO-ATL rotation (N1402A)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on 12:33pm JFK-SJU-JFK rotation (N188DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 739 on 6:55pm ATL-TPA-ATL rotation (N172DZ)
763ER-low J: BRU-ATL flight cancelled - tech (N1605)
763ER-low J: SCL-ATL flight cancelled - tech (N16065)
7CD: 5:26pm ATL-AMS flight migrates from 77L effective 6/1 (N864DA)
77L: 3:32pm ATL-AMS flight migrates from 333 effective 6/1 (N701DN)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on 10:48pm ATL-CDG-ATL rotation (N707DN)
333: unscheduled swap from 332 on 11:00pm JFK-LHR-JFK rotation (N806NW)
333: ATL-EZE flight diverted to MVD - weather? (N819NW)
333: scheduled additional ATL-JFK flight (N829NW)
333: seasonal second daily JFK-ATH flight effective 6/1 (N830NW)

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 6/2
763: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 10:50am ATL-SLC-ATL rotation (N1402A)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 75W on 11:30am JFK-SFO-JFK rotation (N188DN)
763ER-low J: SFO-JFK flight diverted to DTW - medical? (N188DN)
763ER-low J: BRU-BGR-ATL rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N1605)
763ER-low J: SCL-ATL rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N16065)
764: unscheduled swap from 763ER-low J on 9:40am ATL-LAX-ATL rotation (N842MH)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on 10:48pm ATL-CDG-ATL rotation (N707DN)

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 6/3
763: ATL-BYH ferry flight - aircraft retirement [last 763] (N1402A)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on 7:50pm TPA-ATL flight (N152DL)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 75W on 11:30am JFK-SFO-JFK rotation (N188DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on 4:25pm ATL-TPA flight (N169DZ)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on 9:40am ATL-SEA-ATL rotation (N1605)
332: unscheduled swap from 333 on 10:42pm DTW-AMS-DTW rotation (N857NW)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:41 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 6/4
7CB: unscheduled swap from 77L on ATL-PVG-ATL rotation (N707DN)
77L: unscheduled swap from 7CB on ATL-NRT-ATL rotation (N708DN)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:35 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 6/5
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on ATL-FRA-ATL rotation (N152DL)
763ER-low J: MUC-ATL flight cancelled - tech (N171DZ)
339: N402DX out on a second test flight @TLS #AIB02KT
7CD: 06/04 ATL-CDG flight diverted to BOS - tech (N862DA)
7CD: BOS-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N862DA)
7CB: ATL-CDG-ATL rescue flight following previous day's diversion (N704DK)
77L: unscheduled swap from 7CB on ATL-NRT-ATL rotation (N709DN)
 
AdEd
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 6:05 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:23 pm

Are there interior photos yet of the A330neo and the refurbished 767-400s?
 
audidudi
Posts: 2022
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:05 pm

AdEd wrote:
Are there interior photos yet of the A330neo and the refurbished 767-400s?

I haven't seen any pics yet of the A339's interior, and the first B764 has been at CAN since early January and isn't even expected back to the US until later this month, so it might be awhile until we see any pics of that interior.
 
blacksoviet
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:52 pm

The A339 is roughly the same size as the 777-200ER. Isn't that too big for most of Delta's 767-300ER flights?
 
AlexBrewster03
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:12 pm

blacksoviet wrote:
The A339 is roughly the same size as the 777-200ER. Isn't that too big for most of Delta's 767-300ER flights?

That’s what I don’t understand. They would be better off ordering some A330-800s for routes that cant handle the upgauge or they just should’ve ordered the 787 in the first place...
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:50 pm

AlexBrewster03 wrote:
blacksoviet wrote:
The A339 is roughly the same size as the 777-200ER. Isn't that too big for most of Delta's 767-300ER flights?

That’s what I don’t understand. They would be better off ordering some A330-800s for routes that cant handle the upgauge or they just should’ve ordered the 787 in the first place...

I think you are oversimplifying the A339s replacing the 76Ws. The reality is that a number of things are happening as the first batch of A339s arrive which all need to be taken into account.

(1) The first batch of ~6x 339s are heading to SEA where there is a planned increase in seat capacity on the TPAC route portfolio. On those routes, seating count is going from C36W29Y143 (208) to C29Y+28W56Y168 (281). In addition, DL is introducing Delta One Suites on those routes to better compete with Asian carriers. This is part of DL's continued push to solidify its SEA TPAC hub.

(2) DL is going through DL One Suites and Premium Economy upgrades across the fleet which results in a decrease in seat counts. The refurbed 764s approximately match the old 332s seat count and one can assume the refurbed 332s will approximate the current 76Ws.

As such, we are more likely to see in the medium terms the 339s go on the most successful 764 routes, the 764 trickle down to 332 routes and the 332 trickle down to 76W routes. So you're unlikely to see a lot of routes go from 226 seats to 281 seats with most routes having incremental growth where warranted as frame sizes trickle down.

Rumors are that the next batch of A339s may go to LAX for TPAC as well (assuming for HND/PVG) which would need 3 more frames and cover all 2019/20 deliveries and some 2021 deliveries.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:38 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 6/6
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on ATL-ZRH-ATL rotation (N152DL)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 75W on JFK-EDI-JFK rotation (N188DN)
764: ATL-LIM flight diverted to ATL - tech (N845MH)
77L: unscheduled swap from 7CB on ATL-NRT-ATL rotation (N708DN)
 
blacksoviet
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:42 am

Will Delta order the 797-7 to replace the final batch of 763s along with the 753s and 764s?
 
777Mech
Posts: 736
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:01 am

blacksoviet wrote:
Will Delta order the 797-7 to replace the final batch of 763s along with the 753s and 764s?


The 797, much less a -7 doesn't even exist yet, so no one knows.
 
NateGreat
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:15 am

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
AlexBrewster03 wrote:
blacksoviet wrote:
The A339 is roughly the same size as the 777-200ER. Isn't that too big for most of Delta's 767-300ER flights?

That’s what I don’t understand. They would be better off ordering some A330-800s for routes that cant handle the upgauge or they just should’ve ordered the 787 in the first place...

I think you are oversimplifying the A339s replacing the 76Ws. The reality is that a number of things are happening as the first batch of A339s arrive which all need to be taken into account.

(1) The first batch of ~6x 339s are heading to SEA where there is a planned increase in seat capacity on the TPAC route portfolio. On those routes, seating count is going from C36W29Y143 (208) to C29Y+28W56Y168 (281). In addition, DL is introducing Delta One Suites on those routes to better compete with Asian carriers. This is part of DL's continued push to solidify its SEA TPAC hub.

(2) DL is going through DL One Suites and Premium Economy upgrades across the fleet which results in a decrease in seat counts. The refurbed 764s approximately match the old 332s seat count and one can assume the refurbed 332s will approximate the current 76Ws.

As such, we are more likely to see in the medium terms the 339s go on the most successful 764 routes, the 764 trickle down to 332 routes and the 332 trickle down to 76W routes. So you're unlikely to see a lot of routes go from 226 seats to 281 seats with most routes having incremental growth where warranted as frame sizes trickle down.

Rumors are that the next batch of A339s may go to LAX for TPAC as well (assuming for HND/PVG) which would need 3 more frames and cover all 2019/20 deliveries and some 2021 deliveries.

A couple of questions:

(1) Are the A339s replacing B76Ws for SEA-Asia simply because those routes have potential to grow in capacity in the future?

(2) Could most, if not all, LHR routes switch from A330 to B764, once they have enough refurbished B764s?

(3) Weren’t the A339s supposed to be primarily TATL birds?

(4) If the A339s are gonna take over the LAX/SEA TPAC routes, could that free up some A350s for more long-range/high-density TATL flying?
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:47 am

Another point worth noting in the trickle down effect of 339s replacing 76Ws is that 339s are coming off the rack with Delta One Suites and Premium Economy whereas the 333s will be some of the last to get Delta One Suites. As such, it shouldn't surprise anyone if the second batch of 339s start replacing 333s on routes that warrant Delta One Suites and Premium Economy with the 333s trickling down to 764s which in tune trickle down to 332s and to 76Ws.

I believe that the first 764s with the new product are going on the JFK/BOS-LHR route most importantly to provide the premium J product on these important flagship routes to better compete with BA/UA/AA etc... I don't think it's a question of seat count "upgrade" vs the 332 (the seat count differential between new 764 and old 332 is meaningless). One can interpolate the same with the 339/333 relationship. The 339 will long-term offer a lower cost of operation but in the short-term a superior premium product which should see the light on premium routes and routes where competitors offer a superior product. In the longer-term. I'd expect the 339s to operate longer routes at lower costs similarly to what the 333s with high-MTOW currently achieve.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:30 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 6/7
763ER-high J(T): SEA-PDX ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N1609)
763ER-high J(T): unscheduled swap from low-J on PDX-LHR-PDX rotation (N1609)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 739 on 5pm SLC-ATL flight (N186DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 739 on 1:50pm ATL-SLC flight (N195DN)
333: JFK-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N806NW)
 
Art at ISP
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2001 10:31 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:31 am

Quick question...which WiFi system does the 332 have? I’d think it would have to be 2ku, but it was only active above 10k feet. I thought the new system is ground to ground.
Thanks.
 
DartHerald
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:44 am

777Mech wrote:
blacksoviet wrote:
Will Delta order the 797-7 to replace the final batch of 763s along with the 753s and 764s?


The 797, much less a -7 doesn't even exist yet, so no one knows.


Perhaps they'll opt for the A321XLR, if it announced at Paris and convert some existing A321 orders.
 
User avatar
seabosdca
Posts: 6424
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:40 pm

DartHerald wrote:
Perhaps they'll opt for the A321XLR, if it announced at Paris and convert some existing A321 orders.


They need all of their existing A321neo orders for narrow body replacement (MD-90/early A320/757). It's possible that they order A321XLR if the 797, its timing, or its pricing is not promising, but I think if they do it will be a new order.
 
jrkmsp
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 1:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:01 pm

Art at ISP wrote:
Quick question...which WiFi system does the 332 have? I’d think it would have to be 2ku, but it was only active above 10k feet. I thought the new system is ground to ground.
Thanks.


Most of the wide bodies have the KU system, as do the 75Hs. Basically, this is the first generation of satellite WiFi, and is only available above 10k feet. I’m hoping they upgrade to 2KU.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:57 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 6/8
339: N402DX performed its Customer Acceptance Flight in TLS #AIB03KT - delivery should be this week
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on 10:48pm ATL-CDG-ATL rotation (N707DN)

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 6/9
763ER-high J(T): PDX-SEA ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N1609)
763ER-low J: JFK-BOS ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N1201P)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 75W on BOS-EDI-JFK rotation (N1201P)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on 8:55am ATL-MCO-ATL rotation (N171DZ)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on 9:55am ATL-MCO-ATL rotation (N172DZ)
7CD: unscheduled swap from 7CB on ATL-NRT-ATL rotation (N862DA)
7CB: SYD-LAX flight cancelled - tech (N705DN)
7CB: unscheduled swap from 7CD on 10:48pm ATL-CDG-ATL rotation (N706DN)
 
blacksoviet
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:22 am

Can someone please explain the difference between a 7CB and a 7CD?

Do the Northwest 757s have more range than the original Delta 752s?
 
AlexBrewster03
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:59 am

Was looking at flight radar earlier today and saw a 767-300ER on the ATl-MIA route(or maybe it was MIA-ATL?)Seemed weird...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos