stlgph

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:38 pm

A4 would be a problem for the evening flights, as at times during the summer with the MYR service, you have two coming and going back to back.
A4 could be used without a problem in for the morning arrival and turn.

I would not be surprised to see the morning and afternoon operations split amongst two different gates.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Midwestindy

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:01 pm

floridaflyboy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
https://www.ind.com/flights

Spirit is listed here and it looks like they will be parking at the A concourse.

I am also hearing rumors that Contour Airlines could set up shop here soon.

Interesting, so probably A20. They will likely try to put Contour at B4, which might limit G4 expansion. After that, there aren't any other gates right? Unless DL gives up some of their excess....

indygs wrote:

Yeah. Again, single data points but right now you can book into March a roundtrip on the IND-CDG flight for 32k SkyMiles which is darn cheap. And I'm flying CDG-IND in Delta One next week and the it appears there are 20 open seats in the cabin with 145 seats left to be assigned in coach. While I know some of these will be basic economy tickets, those are still pretty high numbers a week out.

32K isn't that surprising, CVG-CDG is 34k SkyMiles. February will be rough though....

Too bad I won't be able to get any LFs until after the government shutdown

As to gates, A22 is also free at the moment, although UA uses it for overflow from time to time. Maybe make AA put the jet bridge back on B12 and use it or lose it? :-P

A4 is another option, as its use is virtually non-existant outside charters and the rare occasion that CDG and CUN or some charter wind up on the gate at the same time. Could definitely squeeze some utilization out of it.

The airport is going to have to do something about gate usage. I just can't think of what. There are so many gates that are effectively used only for RONs and irops. Given the way IND is set up, I still don't understand why they didn't do CUTE with preferential usage. But that's a whole different topic and I believe that ship has long sailed.

UA has some of the best utilization out of all carriers, so it doesn't seem fair to limit their use of A22. During the summer they usually do 3-4 turns from A22.

Putting them at A4 doesn't seem like a good solution moving forward, as there are Vacation Express/Southwest arrivals on weekend afternoons, plus any additional int'l service would be hampered.

I'm surprised none of these issues were covered in the latest Airline Use Agreement. For Example, AA and DL should have been put into a use it or lose it situation (DL A15/A16 and AA B12/B15/B16). They shouldn't be able to use gates 1x a day, just because.

stlgph wrote:
A4 would be a problem for the evening flights, as at times during the summer with the MYR service, you have two coming and going back to back.

I would not be surprised to see the morning and afternoon operations split amongst two different gates.

I agree, I don't see A4 being an option considering how hard the airport/city/state are pushing int'l flights.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

floridaflyboy

Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:12 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
floridaflyboy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Interesting, so probably A20. They will likely try to put Contour at B4, which might limit G4 expansion. After that, there aren't any other gates right? Unless DL gives up some of their excess....

32K isn't that surprising, CVG-CDG is 34k SkyMiles. February will be rough though....

Too bad I won't be able to get any LFs until after the government shutdown

As to gates, A22 is also free at the moment, although UA uses it for overflow from time to time. Maybe make AA put the jet bridge back on B12 and use it or lose it? :-P

A4 is another option, as its use is virtually non-existant outside charters and the rare occasion that CDG and CUN or some charter wind up on the gate at the same time. Could definitely squeeze some utilization out of it.

The airport is going to have to do something about gate usage. I just can't think of what. There are so many gates that are effectively used only for RONs and irops. Given the way IND is set up, I still don't understand why they didn't do CUTE with preferential usage. But that's a whole different topic and I believe that ship has long sailed.

UA has some of the best utilization out of all carriers, so it doesn't seem fair to limit their use of A22. During the summer they usually do 3-4 turns from A22.

Putting them at A4 doesn't seem like a good solution moving forward, as there are Vacation Express/Southwest arrivals on weekend afternoons, plus any additional int'l service would be hampered.

I'm surprised none of these issues were covered in the latest Airline Use Agreement. For Example, AA and DL should have been put into a use it or lose it situation (DL A15/A16 and AA B12/B15/B16). They shouldn't be able to use gates 1x a day, just because.

stlgph wrote:

I agree, I don't see A4 being an option considering how hard the airport/city/state are pushing int'l flights.

If UA is so attached to A22, they need to lease it. If they don't lease it, it's fair game for another carrier who may want to lease it. I do think it should be required that A20 be filled first, but if a carrier wants/needs a gate (that they're going to use), 22 is an open gate. That's just simple business.

While DL's usage of A15 and 16 is beyond disappointing, AA and B12 are an entirely different story. They have removed the jet bridge and walled over the door. It allows their ramp to be spread out on that side of the concourse. If DL/UA are able to do just fine on the inside gates, AA needs to use it or lose it.

As to A4, I will have to respectfully disagree. It would make a great overflow for flights timed in particular windows where there are no international ops. While DL has their equipment at A5, they are not signatory to that gate and it can be used by other carriers during periods when they don't need it for CDG. So the airport still has 2 international gates, which in effect, are common use gates.
Good goes around!

stlgph

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:10 pm

I would presume there has to be some sort of document out there outlining gate assignments and usage amongst the carriers.

There was one posted on here for the Tom Bradley Terminal at LAX roughly a month or so ago. It was really a neat read to see how the gates are assigned based on aircraft usage by the carriers, length of service by the airline, basis needed on time of gate use to complete the aircraft term.

That being said, it has been stated some airlines at IND do get exclusive rights to certain gates, as that makes sense, but to have every gate locked up locking out other services without having to go hard stand or build an extra gate would make zero sense.

strangeplanes

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:39 pm

stlgph wrote:
I would presume there has to be some sort of document out there outlining gate assignments and usage amongst the carriers.

There was one posted on here for the Tom Bradley Terminal at LAX roughly a month or so ago. It was really a neat read to see how the gates are assigned based on aircraft usage by the carriers, length of service by the airline, basis needed on time of gate use to complete the aircraft term.

That being said, it has been stated some airlines at IND do get exclusive rights to certain gates, as that makes sense, but to have every gate locked up locking out other services without having to go hard stand or build an extra gate would make zero sense.

You may be referring to the use and lease agreement?

stlgph

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:51 pm

Is it available to read online somewhere in some shape or form?

Midwestindy

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:54 pm

strangeplanes wrote:
stlgph wrote:

You may be referring to the use and lease agreement?

stlgph wrote:
Is it available to read online somewhere in some shape or form?

I could have sworn it was online somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now.

Midwestindy

Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:03 pm

https://prezi.com/z3uuw-l9rglv/as-updat ... edium=copy

From Last year, Routes Americas 2018

Major news
16+ meetings over

IND market updates
Route performance
Tourism news
Airport updates

"Overall, all airlines very happy, making $$
Delta SLC will be extended year round
Delta replacing all 50 seat aircraft with 70 seater aircraft at IND
Allegiant wants to add international service
Mexico City potential
"

Midwestindy

Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:13 pm

Sorry for the triple post, but the airport just released the Board Packet for Friday and wow:
https://d1j6zi7czwjuok.cloudfront.net/i ... EBSITE.PDF

IND will be getting a M.A.C, TUMI, Vineyard Vines, and other high-end stores

The board packet also maps out the gate areas very well

stlgph

Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:28 pm

Not surprised to see Just Pop In take a second location in the form of a kiosk -- however, the third is a bit surprising.

Still nothing about a pizza joint - which is a little surprising.

I'm entirely skeptical on the retail plan. I'll just leave it at that.

floridaflyboy

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:00 pm

stlgph wrote:
Not surprised to see Just Pop In take a second location in the form of a kiosk -- however, the third is a bit surprising.

Still nothing about a pizza joint - which is a little surprising.

I'm entirely skeptical on the retail plan. I'll just leave it at that.

I agree. While IND has pretty decent options for sit-down dining, their fast food situation, particularly inside security, leaves something to be desired. Don't run across many major airports without at least pizza and Chinese :)
Good goes around!

stlgph

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:08 pm

I won't lie, I'd take a Chili's Too, if nothing more for the margaritas and the chips and salsa.

;)

ibthebigd

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:09 pm

I would like a PGA Tour Store.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

stlgph

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:26 pm

"Natalie’s currently has an in-line location in Concourse B, which opened with the new terminal in 2008. The new Agreement will include two (2) newly constructed spaces, one at the end of Concourse B and the other near the kids play area in Concourse A. The existing Natalie’s space will be repurposed to a national coffee concept"

That's interesting. Dunkin Donuts or Peet's? Even more interesting since their (IND) big push on the retail refresh was to attract Indiana///polis-centric operations. Bet Copper Moon is happy about this one.

Midwestindy

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:23 pm

I'm happy they are expanding options to the end of the concourses.

The TUMI store specifically will be right outside of security so it will get a lot of trafficwww.

With respect to Just Pop In, they are extremely popular with passengers, I have seen passengers (including me) walk from A to B just to get their popcorn.

floridaflyboy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
floridaflyboy wrote:

stlgph wrote:

If UA is so attached to A22, they need to lease it. If they don't lease it, it's fair game for another carrier who may want to lease it. I do think it should be required that A20 be filled first, but if a carrier wants/needs a gate (that they're going to use), 22 is an open gate. That's just simple business.

While DL's usage of A15 and 16 is beyond disappointing, AA and B12 are an entirely different story. They have removed the jet bridge and walled over the door. It allows their ramp to be spread out on that side of the concourse. If DL/UA are able to do just fine on the inside gates, AA needs to use it or lose it.

As to A4, I will have to respectfully disagree. It would make a great overflow for flights timed in particular windows where there are no international ops. While DL has their equipment at A5, they are not signatory to that gate and it can be used by other carriers during periods when they don't need it for CDG. So the airport still has 2 international gates, which in effect, are common use gates.

I was told that UA tried to acquire A22, but IAA said no

The inside gates of B are much tighter than A, because more of the inside A gates are spread out and there are fewer inside gates at A as well.

floridaflyboy

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:01 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
I'm happy they are expanding options to the end of the concourses.

The TUMI store specifically will be right outside of security so it will get a lot of trafficwww.

With respect to Just Pop In, they are extremely popular with passengers, I have seen passengers (including me) walk from A to B just to get their popcorn.

floridaflyboy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

I was told that UA tried to acquire A22, but IAA said no

The inside gates of B are much tighter than A, because more of the inside A gates are spread out and there are fewer inside gates at A as well.

I'll have to ask Marsha about A22. I'd be very surprised if that is actually the whole story. But, I've been wrong before.

While it may be tighter, which it is, the inside of B, with all gates operational, can handle 1 737/A320 size aircraft at each gate without any gates being blocked. Anything larger would require a blocked gate.
Good goes around!

Indy

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:49 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Sorry for the triple post, but the airport just released the Board Packet for Friday and wow:
https://d1j6zi7czwjuok.cloudfront.net/i ... EBSITE.PDF

IND will be getting a M.A.C, TUMI, Vineyard Vines, and other high-end stores

The board packet also maps out the gate areas very well

IND is getting an FAO Schwartz. #win
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

stlgph

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:55 pm

I hope Omega Supreme fits under the seat in front of me.

ibthebigd

Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:58 pm

IND has a press conference at 9 AM tomorrow any guesses?

Midwestindy

Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:59 pm

ibthebigd wrote:
IND has a press conference at 9 AM tomorrow any guesses?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1413191

kindeham

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:20 pm

I see some grumblings about IND-CDG being light in February. Yes, there are some light days, but just in February and nothing overly concerning. March is going to be very full. April will be questionable, but after that the entire summer will be full. Don't fret. This isn't going away based on the numbers I see now.

Indy

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:31 pm

kindeham wrote:
I see some grumblings about IND-CDG being light in February. Yes, there are some light days, but just in February and nothing overly concerning. March is going to be very full. April will be questionable, but after that the entire summer will be full. Don't fret. This isn't going away based on the numbers I see now.

I've taken a flight from Europe to DTW in February that had maybe 60 people on it. It is to be expected this time of year. Great for the passengers :-)
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

zackary747

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:48 pm

I had my friend ask Mario where specifically Spirit will park.

Spirit will park at the end of the A concourse. I am assuming A22 is the only gate open toward the end of that concourse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr

stlgph

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:53 pm

A22 makes sense.
And I'm sure Copper Moon will appreciate the extra foot traffic.

Midwestindy

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:25 pm

zackary747 wrote:
I had my friend ask Mario where specifically Spirit will park.

Spirit will park at the end of the A concourse. I am assuming A22 is the only gate open toward the end of that concourse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A is going to be bustling in the mornings, there will be the B757, B738, A320, etc up and down the concourse

Next time you see him ask about B6 and MEX

Midwestindy

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:31 pm

kindeham wrote:

Good to hear, I read on another forum that almost half the plane connects on to India at times. I have noticed similar phenomena when I have taken the flight, I wonder how they can capitalize of this.

VTORD

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
kindeham wrote:

Good to hear, I read on another forum that almost half the plane connects on to India at times. I have noticed similar phenomena when I have taken the flight, I wonder how they can capitalize of this.

:stirthepot: The answer is in the other IND announcement thread :stirthepot:

IND-BOM non-stop 4 x Weekly on A359?. Who needs JFK, ATL or DTW!? If that doesn't meltdown A.net...... :lol:

floridaflyboy

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:51 pm

stlgph wrote:
A22 makes sense.
And I'm sure Copper Moon will appreciate the extra foot traffic.

I still would have to guess A20. If for no other reason, seatiing. UA's little "box" down there gets very crowded. Adding a few Airbuses a day wouldn't help. A20 has plenty of seating that is rarely used.
Good goes around!

stlgph

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:59 pm

A20 works, too! :)

The Spirit yellow will liven up A from the distance when coming down I70.

floridaflyboy

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:02 pm

stlgph wrote:
A20 works, too! :)

The Spirit yellow will liven up A from the distance when coming down I70.

Yes! It definitely will. Not a whole lot of color on A these days :)
Good goes around!

kindeham

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:30 pm

Midwestindy wrote:

Back with NW they used to run some of their AMS flights onward to India. Something like DTW-AMS-BOM and back (I can't remember the exact routes). In the booking systems that would show up as DTW-BOM and it would get sorted above connections (but below non stops). So if Delta wanted they could fly CDG-BOM or wherever and make it IND-CDG-BOM. Delta did pull out of India last year, but is already returning this year.

stlgph

Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:11 am

Well, the key word is *at times*.

That's why the Air France/KLM relationship exists.

The 100 days or so of the year when this may happen is great. The other 265 days of the year -- if you'd fly an onward section from CDG to BOM you might just be pissing into the wind.

The other part of being a good partner -if there is a big connecting marketing into BOM connecting in CDG to Air France metal, right now it'd be best to let Air France reap what benefits they can off of this traffic given their ...shall we just say "problems." Sure, you can't always avoid overlap and competition ((NYC markets, hi!)) but if you can avoid it, it's probably best to not always piss on your partner's parade.

VTORD

Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:17 am

stlgph wrote:
Well, the key word is *at times*.

That's why the Air France/KLM relationship exists.

The 100 days or so of the year when this may happen is great. The other 265 days of the year -- if you'd fly an onward section from CDG to BOM you might just be pissing into the wind.

The other part of being a good partner -if there is a big connecting marketing into BOM connecting in CDG to Air France metal, right now it'd be best to let Air France reap what benefits they can off of this traffic given their ...shall we just say "problems." Sure, you can't always avoid overlap and competition ((NYC markets, hi!)) but if you can avoid it, it's probably best to not always piss on your partner's parade.

Air France (Joon) and Jet Airways both have flights between CDG and BOM that allow for onward connections in both directions to from IND. Specific to IND the connection times are a bit longer on the west-bound leg at almost 5 hours. DL/AF-KL have an extensive code share out of India via CDG/AMS with 9W. It is a completely different story that 9W is on life support right now fighting for funds. No one knows what's coming there.

kindeham wrote:

Back with NW they used to run some of their AMS flights onward to India. Something like DTW-AMS-BOM and back (I can't remember the exact routes). In the booking systems that would show up as DTW-BOM and it would get sorted above connections (but below non stops). So if Delta wanted they could fly CDG-BOM or wherever and make it IND-CDG-BOM. Delta did pull out of India last year, but is already returning this year.

I don't think the AMS flights were onward to India AFAIK. NW operated AMS-BOM and KL operated AMS-DEL. After the merger DL had that flight for a few years as JFK-AMS-BOM. They pulled that one in 2015.

EDIT: They have only "expressed" a desire to return. There are no specifics. There's a whole separate thread on that -- it's pretty interesting one too.

kindeham

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:57 am

VTORD wrote:
I don't think the AMS flights were onward to India AFAIK. NW operated AMS-BOM and KL operated AMS-DEL. After the merger DL had that flight for a few years as JFK-AMS-BOM. They pulled that one in 2015.

EDIT: They have only "expressed" a desire to return. There are no specifics. There's a whole separate thread on that -- it's pretty interesting one too.

NW operated onward to both Delhi and Mumbai from AMS. It looks like KLM and NW traded the days back and forth. https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2000/09/09/stories/140904ai.htm

Midwestindy

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:21 pm

Here are the renderings:
https://www.moodiedavittreport.com/para ... l-package/
Brand details:

MAC: The Estée Lauder Companies brand is one of the world’s leading names in cosmetics and beauty.
TripAdvisor: In addition to offering travel essentials, the TripAdvisor store will feature a large, interactive screen that travellers can use to learn more about the surrounding area.
A concept popular in several airports across North America according to Paradies Lagardère, No Boundaries will feature brands like Columbia and Aventura, and apparel such as hats, jackets, gloves and eyewear.
eSavvy offers a selection that includes tablets, fitness bands and relevant mobile accessories. The Scoreboard will be adjacent to this store, offering visitors sports apparel and accessories from regional teams.
Fountain Square Market will provide travel essentials, local and regional gourmet food items, apparel and other gifts, and aims to drive tourist interest in the neighbourhood.
From dining to shopping and nightlife, the Mass Ave arts district has become a destination in Indianapolis, and the Mass. Ave. travel essentials store will provide customers with snacks, water, electronics and publications.
Brighton, a Paradies Lagardère exclusive partner, will offer travellers women’s accessories such as jewellery, handbags, luggage, fragrances and eyewear.

zackary747

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:43 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Here are the renderings:
https://www.moodiedavittreport.com/para ... l-package/
Brand details:

MAC: The Estée Lauder Companies brand is one of the world’s leading names in cosmetics and beauty.
TripAdvisor: In addition to offering travel essentials, the TripAdvisor store will feature a large, interactive screen that travellers can use to learn more about the surrounding area.
A concept popular in several airports across North America according to Paradies Lagardère, No Boundaries will feature brands like Columbia and Aventura, and apparel such as hats, jackets, gloves and eyewear.
eSavvy offers a selection that includes tablets, fitness bands and relevant mobile accessories. The Scoreboard will be adjacent to this store, offering visitors sports apparel and accessories from regional teams.
Fountain Square Market will provide travel essentials, local and regional gourmet food items, apparel and other gifts, and aims to drive tourist interest in the neighbourhood.
From dining to shopping and nightlife, the Mass Ave arts district has become a destination in Indianapolis, and the Mass. Ave. travel essentials store will provide customers with snacks, water, electronics and publications.
Brighton, a Paradies Lagardère exclusive partner, will offer travellers women’s accessories such as jewellery, handbags, luggage, fragrances and eyewear.

The TripAdvisor store concept is very cool. I wonder if there are any renderings for the Hudson retail package. Also, I was reading the IBJ comments and Susan Orr commented on her article claiming that more retail/restaurant packages will be revealed in the coming months, so this is just the beginning!
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr

SeanM1997

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:57 am

kindeham wrote:

Could the state of Indiana look to subsidize a Delta daily London Heathrow (LHR) route instead of a Paris Charles de Gaulle.

London would have more point to point, and with the Delta/Virgin/KLM/Air France partnership at Heathrow coming about in 2019, in addition to multiple codeshare at Heathrow such as Flybe and Jet Airways, would this route be better for Indianapolis both for passengers and cargo.

Virgin Atlantic's flights to Lagos, Johannesburg and Delhi feed onto Virgin/Delta transatlantic venture

kindeham

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:00 am

SeanM1997 wrote:
Could the state of Indiana look to subsidize a Delta daily London Heathrow (LHR) route instead of a Paris Charles de Gaulle.

There is no way it will be an "instead of" but perhaps an addition to. IND-CDG has been outperforming other DL routes to CDG. This coming summer will see extremely high load factors. Also DL gets a lot of revenue from cargo that is specific to CDG that they wouldn't get to LHR. They have even flown the route with an extra plane and no passengers just to move cargo on at least one occasion.

Midwestindy

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:46 pm

UA
IND-SFO goes 2xB738 next Summer(hopefully they go 3x daily next summer)
IND-DEN gets 1xA320 as well

Also waiting to see if either AS or DL increases service to SEA next summer, LFs were mid-upper 90%, and other western routes MSP, LAS, DEN, SLC, LAX, SFO, e.t.c are getting more service so SEA is the odd one out.

-----------------------------------------

Jim Shellinger was on Insideindianabusiness this week, here is an excerpt from what he said.

Where are you on landing additional nonstop flights?
“We are going to continue to work on nonstop domestic flights, even though we have 51, we can never seem to have enough. Being able to reach out and touch, Washington, San Francisco, Boston, is very important for our businesses who work with Boeing out in Washington, our aerospace and defense.

But we are also working on Asia, we’d like to do more in Asia. We’d like to do more in Europe eventually, but we are in a 2 year plan with Delta. And we would also like to reach out into Central and South America. We already have flights going into Canada so we feel pretty good about that.

But the Governor’s Next Level Connectivity plan, he’s pulled out all the stops to make sure he takes Indiana to the world, and brings the world to Indiana. And these nonstop and international flights are the cornerstone of that."

As you look at Mexico City, as you look at Asia, and those markets, do you think there is interest there?
"Oh yeah, there is definite interest there. As you take Asia for instance, between the work we have in Japan and the highest per capita investor in the United States comes to Indiana from Japan. 280 businesses, 58,000 people, 3 OEMs, the only state in the country to have 3 Japanese OEMs (Toyota, Subaru, and Honda), you look at our businesses and the connectivity is there. So, in having gone on the travels around the world in the past year, I know the importance of direct flights. It’s something we were encouraged to do and we are following through with it."

Looks like he is still bullish on Asia, and that they are waiting on what DL decides to do in Europe.

stlgph

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:49 pm

So with all these stores coming in - what's leaving?

SumChristianus

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Midwestindy wrote:

They cut down to 2x daily though - so there unfortunately isn't much growth as to be expected from UA - unless there was a filing error...?
UA DL LH NW AA --- Next IND-ATL-DEN: WN 73G/738
"Born in Wonder, Brought to Wisdom"

Midwestindy

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:28 pm

SumChristianus wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

They cut down to 2x daily though - so there unfortunately isn't much growth as to be expected from UA - unless there was a filing error...?

IND-DEN will be 3x daily? A320/E175/E170

Last year was lower since they dropped down to 2x no mainline during the weekends.

SumChristianus

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:35 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Last year was lower since they dropped down to 2x no mainline during the weekends.

Which month are you looking at? - Maybe I saw it in the middle of loading the schedule or something when looking at the end of June through July.

Midwestindy

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:36 pm

stlgph wrote:
So with all these stores coming in - what's leaving?

Looks like Vera Bradley is gone, and being replaced by Vineyard Vines

No Boundaries is replacing the Starbucks at A6 (although I doubt there won't be another Starbucks put elsewhere in A)

Fountain Square Market looks like it is replacing Artizan

No sure what MAC is placing, I'm assuming Relay

The Scoreboard is replacing Hoosier Marketplace

Not sure about the other ones

Midwestindy

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:41 pm

SumChristianus wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:

Which month are you looking at? - Maybe I saw it in the middle of loading the schedule or something when looking at the end of June through July.

Looking at Mid-June

Looks like mainline has only been updated for DEN/SFO, I think mainline to ORD will show up during the summer

SumChristianus

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:52 pm

United.com still shows 2x daily but your'e right about 3x daily now that I look on Google Flights - not sure which one would be more up-to-date as United.com has had some inconsistencies in the past.

fedex1

Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:12 am

Do we see IND - CDG staying with the frequency it has this fall and winter next year? Or will to do what they did in PIT and just do summer flying!?

fedex1

Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:13 am

For 2019 I meant...

cvgComair

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:05 pm

fedex1 wrote:
Do we see IND - CDG staying with the frequency it has this fall and winter next year? Or will to do what they did in PIT and just do summer flying!?

Fall will stay, but depending on how they do, they could/not run the route next winter. I think they will probably keep it, but we will have to wait and see.

kindeham

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:29 pm

fedex1 wrote:

My guess is that it stays. The fall load factors were decent and that was with it being still on the new side. Winter has been on par with the other CDG flights DL operates at the same time. The bonuses are that the premium cabins are often booked nearly full and there is a large amount of cargo moved on that flight. Not to mention it is also being subsidized for another 1 1/2 years - reducing service would mean that subsidy either having to be renegotiated or lost.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos