Midwestindy wrote:
Southwest schedule extension is out

IND-OAK goes down to 5x weekly
IND-RSW goes down to weekend only in September
IND-BOS continues sat only
IND-MDW stays down to 1x daily, but changes to 3x for Sundays
IND-BWI goes up to 4x daily weekday/Sunday
IND-PHX/HOU gain a frequency

Another sizable shrinkage, so it looks like DL will be sizably larger than WN come August/September

I think this might be the time where NK/DL/G4 might try and swoop in and add more flights.

IND-SAN is unserved for 10 months of the year
IND-SAT is unserved
IND-PDX is unserved
IND-Tampa is underserved
IND-Austin is underserved
IND-New Orleans is underserved
IND-BOS is virtually a monopoly now
IND-PHL is underserved/insanely priced
IND lacks nonstop Caribbean destinations outside of the token CUN/PUJ

There are some holes that can be filled, and not just for Aug/Sep, but year-round

On a weekly basis, how many net frequencies will WN be down total for IND? Is there any upguaging (or downguaging) for a gain/loss in seats? From the picture you painted, it seems like it’ll be a wash (or there might be a couple extra weekly frequencies added overall).

Midwestindy

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:00 pm

airplaneboy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Another sizable shrinkage, so it looks like DL will be sizably larger than WN come August/September

I think this might be the time where NK/DL/G4 might try and swoop in and add more flights.

IND-SAT is unserved
IND-PDX is unserved
IND-Tampa is underserved

There are some holes that can be filled, and not just for Aug/Sep, but year-round

On a weekly basis, how many net frequencies will WN be down total for IND? Is there any upguaging (or downguaging) for a gain/loss in seats? From the picture you painted, it seems like it’ll be a wash (or there might be a couple extra weekly frequencies added overall).

Per weekday in August (after the usual extension) WN is going from 4,706 seats/30 departures, to 4,260 seats/28 departures in 2019.

This is a result of:
-2 EWR
-1 BOS
-1 MDW
+1 HOU
+1 BWI
And also going from 13 738/738M departures per weekday in '18 to 8 in '19.

Per Saturday in August (after the extension) WN is going from 23 departures/3,577 seats, to 21 departures/3,291 seats
Per Sunday in August (after the extension) WN is going from 32 departures/4,864 seats, to 29 departures/4,339 seats

So overall down 15 frequencies per week, and down 3,041 seats per week.

Didn't calculate September, since there is a slight gap in my data from last September. However, September is likely worse with -1 RSW, -2 EWR, -1 MDW, -1 BOS.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

airplaneboy

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:07 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
airplaneboy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

IND-SAT is unserved
IND-PDX is unserved
IND-Tampa is underserved

Per weekday in August (after the usual extension) WN is going from 4,706 seats/30 departures, to 4,260 seats/28 departures in 2019.

This is a result of:
-2 EWR
-1 BOS
-1 MDW
+1 HOU
+1 BWI
And also going from 13 738/738M departures per weekday in '18 to 8 in '19.

Per Saturday in August (after the extension) WN is going from 23 departures/3,577 seats, to 21 departures/3,291 seats
Per Sunday in August (after the extension) WN is going from 32 departures/4,864 seats, to 29 departures/4,339 seats

So overall down 15 frequencies per week, and down 3,041 seats per week.

Didn't calculate September, since there is a slight gap in my data from last September. However, September is likely worse with -1 RSW, -2 EWR, -1 MDW, -1 BOS.

Thank you for researching that info! :)

Midwestindy

Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:50 pm

AA IND-PHL gets 1x daily mainline starting in May
AA IND-DFW goes all B738 in May
AA IND-CLT gains 1 mainline flight YOY
AA IND-DCA gets 1 frequency upguaged from CR2 to E175, so IND-DCA will be 5xE75, 1xCR7
AA IND-LAX reverts back to 1x in May
AA IND-ORD loses mainline in May

Very happy about the mainline to PHL and the CR2 moving off of the IND-DCA route

Also some Indy 500 changes are coming into effect for AA:
A321 makes an appearance on IND-DFW
IND-DCA goes up to 7x daily for May 24th
IND-CLT gets up to 5x daily A319 on May 25th
IND-PHX/DFW/LGA gain a frequency

Also DL has pushed its CUN-IND arrival up to 5:05 PM after April
They are also adding an extra fourth of July r/t flight for IND-RSW, although a very minor add.

stlgph

Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:29 pm

The headline is buried. Does the MD80 exit stage left in the spring or does it make a brief return post the summer rush.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Midwestindy

Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:55 pm

stlgph wrote:
The headline is buried. Does the MD80 exit stage left in the spring or does it make a brief return post the summer rush.

Too hard to tell at this point, once AA releases its "actual" Summer Schedule it will become clear. Hopefully they might consider keeping the A321s on the IND-DFW route into the summer, and not just for the Indy 500. I like at least having the option of seatback screens

stlgph

Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:13 pm

Well I'm thinking it would be fun to hop on the good ole 80 one last time, the last flight would be nice, if that could be swung.

I love me some seat back screens but for that flight, I'll be fine with DuoLingo.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

beerbus

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:56 am

DL IND Flight Attendant base re-opens 01 April. Crews staff IND CDG flights.

It was closed for the winter 31 Oct 2018.

Midwestindy

Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:58 am

A few things to point out in the Q3 fare data

IND-BOS 392 total PDEW avg fare $218: WN 186 PDEW $166 PDEW, DL 165 PDEW $256
Notes: BOS-IND was DL's second highest fare route from BOS(excluding LAX, SEA, SLC, SFO) behind CVG, will be very interesting to watch what the market looks like this summer with WN sat only.

IND-AUS 175 PDEW: G4 22 PDEW, F9 40 PDEW, DL 17 PDEW, WN 62 PDEW, AA 24 PDEW
Notes: Someone needs to pick this route up.....daily

IND-SAN 207 PDEW: WN 101 PDEW, DL 27 PDEW, AA 32 PDEW, F9 27 PDEW
Notes: Giving up on this route, at this point, probably will stay summer seasonal for the forseeable future

IND-PDX 120 PDEW: WN 39 PDEW $216, DL 33 PDEW $287

Q3 2018 keep in mind numbers are lower on certain routes because of weekends
WN connections that stuck out to me
BOS-IND-XXX 20 PDEW, BOS-IND-DAL 5 PDEW, BOS-IND-OAK 7 PDEW
XXX-IND-BOS 12 PDEW, OAK-IND-BOS 5 PDEW
EWR-IND-XXX 22 PDEW, EWR-IND-DEN 7 PDEW
XXX-IND-EWR 21 PDEW, DEN-IND-EWR 5 PDEW
XXX-IND-MDW 18 PDEW
XXX-IND-DEN 15 PDEW, EWR/BOS-IND-DEN 11 PDEW
XXX-IND-BWI 16 PDEW, MCI-IND-BWI 5 PDEW

I can pull up other numbers for those that are interested

jplatts

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:13 am

Midwestindy wrote:

WN could extend IND-AUS nonstop service to daily nonstop service from Sunday-only nonstop service.

AS could add IND-PDX nonstop service since (a) AS already serves IND with nonstop service to SEA from IND and (b) AS already serves PDX nonstop from ORD, MCI, MSP, and OMA in the Midwest.

FA9295

Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:09 am

Kind of surprised (and a bit disappointed) that IND-SAN PDEW is so much higher than IND-PDX--since IND-SAN cannot work, I can't really see AS adding IND-PDX at all...

ibthebigd

Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:37 am

Delete

Indy

Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:07 pm

FA9295 wrote:
Kind of surprised (and a bit disappointed) that IND-SAN PDEW is so much higher than IND-PDX--since IND-SAN cannot work, I can't really see AS adding IND-PDX at all...

If I remember right the loads to SAN were very good. It can work. Unfortunately we haven't had an airline on the route yet that is willing to commit to it for some reason. There is no reason that route shouldn't be served daily. Then again there was one time we couldn't get a carrier on SFO.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

blhp68

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:29 pm

Midwestindy wrote:

IND-BOS 392 total PDEW avg fare $218: WN 186 PDEW $166 PDEW, DL 165 PDEW $256
Notes: BOS-IND was DL's second highest fare route from BOS(excluding LAX, SEA, SLC, SFO) behind CVG, will be very interesting to watch what the market looks like this summer with WN sat only.

IND-SAN 207 PDEW: WN 101 PDEW, DL 27 PDEW, AA 32 PDEW, F9 27 PDEW
Notes: Giving up on this route, at this point, probably will stay summer seasonal for the forseeable future

Q3 2018 keep in mind numbers are lower on certain routes because of weekends
WN connections that stuck out to me
BOS-IND-XXX 20 PDEW, BOS-IND-DAL 5 PDEW, BOS-IND-OAK 7 PDEW
XXX-IND-BOS 12 PDEW, OAK-IND-BOS 5 PDEW
EWR-IND-XXX 22 PDEW, EWR-IND-DEN 7 PDEW
XXX-IND-EWR 21 PDEW, DEN-IND-EWR 5 PDEW
XXX-IND-MDW 18 PDEW
XXX-IND-DEN 15 PDEW, EWR/BOS-IND-DEN 11 PDEW
XXX-IND-BWI 16 PDEW, MCI-IND-BWI 5 PDEW

I can pull up other numbers for those that are interested

Can you send me the link to the DOT site where you pulled these numbers? I know they have changed it over the past year and I can never seem to find it! Thanks!

COSPN

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:34 pm

It’s pretty simple you need two way traffic.. not many folks in San Diego buying tickets to INDy .. also most people just drive to LAX for better flight options or fly to SFO or OAK and connect.. Southwest now has OAK-IND that makes more sense for IND than the AS/VA poorly timed flight

Midwestindy

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:36 pm

Indy wrote:
FA9295 wrote:

If I remember right the loads to SAN were very good. It can work. Unfortunately we haven't had an airline on the route yet that is willing to commit to it for some reason. There is no reason that route shouldn't be served daily. Then again there was one time we couldn't get a carrier on SFO.

Looks like it might have to wait until SY enters IND, for a PDX-IND flight to happen. AS isn't growing from PDX, and WN isn't going to add a route like that from IND. Good news is not very many passengers are connecting IND-SEA-PDX on AS (only around 10 per day), so starting an IND-PDX flight will take away some passengers from SEA, but not as many as one might think.

blhp68 wrote:
Can you send me the link to the DOT site where you pulled these numbers? I know they have changed it over the past year and I can never seem to find it! Thanks!

https://www.transtats.bts.gov/DL_SelectFields.asp

Midwestindy

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:55 pm

COSPN wrote:
It’s pretty simple you need two way traffic.. not many folks in San Diego buying tickets to INDy .. also most people just drive to LAX for better flight options or fly to SFO or OAK and connect.. Southwest now has OAK-IND that makes more sense for IND than the AS/VA poorly timed flight

I disagree there is lots of traffic both ways, IND and SAN are both large pharma cities, Eli Lilly for example has a sizable presence on both ends. In addition, the defense industry has significant ties between the two cities as well. Plus there is 200 PDEW in each direction, which is massive for a route that is basically served 2 months a year.

I also disagree with your point that most people drive to LAX, have you ever driven SAN to LAX.....I have, and it isn't fun. Furthermore, if you look at the connecting stats SAN-OAK-IND is 3 PDEW, and SAN-SFO-IND is 6 PDEW, so those new connections aren't funneling that many San Diego passengers.
Last edited by Midwestindy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ibthebigd

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:58 pm

If I'm going IND-SAN I would connect thru LAS or PHX

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

indygs

Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:22 pm

Random question for those on here who might be a bit more knowledgable about this than I. Was reading recently that UA plans to add clubs at some of smaller stations, FLL, RDU, etc. and it got me to thinking--could IND actually support the opening of another club or two? Say AA decided on wanting to open a club, is there space in the mirror image area of where the DL Club is? This, and the poor design of the international arrivals area might be my two gripes about the otherwise amazing terminal.

floridaflyboy

Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:11 pm

indygs wrote:
Random question for those on here who might be a bit more knowledgable about this than I. Was reading recently that UA plans to add clubs at some of smaller stations, FLL, RDU, etc. and it got me to thinking--could IND actually support the opening of another club or two? Say AA decided on wanting to open a club, is there space in the mirror image area of where the DL Club is? This, and the poor design of the international arrivals area might be my two gripes about the otherwise amazing terminal.

First, as to non-hub stations you mention, FLL already has a club and has for a long time.

There has been talk for a very long time of an Admirals Club on the B side. The station manager once even said that people from corporate had been out to survey space. But, thus far, nothing. Even talk of it has kind of died down. As for UA, I would be shocked.
Good goes around!

Midwestindy

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:18 pm

floridaflyboy wrote:
indygs wrote:

First, as to non-hub stations you mention, FLL already has a club and has for a long time.

There has been talk for a very long time of an Admirals Club on the B side. The station manager once even said that people from corporate had been out to survey space. But, thus far, nothing. Even talk of it has kind of died down. As for UA, I would be shocked.

Talked to an AA agent 6 months ago and they said it wasn't happening anytime soon. They said not enough connecting passengers....

Also DL IND-RSW is listed on Wiki as going daily starting in December, that would be interesting if it ends up being true.

floridaflyboy

Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:23 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
floridaflyboy wrote:
indygs wrote:

Talked to an AA agent 6 months ago and they said it wasn't happening anytime soon. They said not enough connecting passengers....

Also DL IND-RSW is listed on Wiki as going daily starting in December, that would be interesting if it ends up being true.

Currently scheduled daily 12/19-1/5 (end of the booking window) with the exception of Christmas Eve/Day and New Year's Eve/Day.
Good goes around!

floridaflyboy

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:04 pm

OSSYULYYZ wrote:

Interesting. Hadn't heard that. IND has been an Air Georgian station for a very long time. Since their CRJ fleet was very small. Of course, Jazz flew the route before that and I assume will just pick up where Air Georgian leaves off.
Good goes around!

Midwestindy

Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:45 pm

The airport director spoke at the Economic Club luncheon today, and said something interesting:

“Indianapolis will probably be the largest cargo-carrying airport in the United States in the next 15 years.”

ibthebigd

Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:26 am

Midwestindy wrote:
The airport director spoke at the Economic Club luncheon today, and said something interesting:

“Indianapolis will probably be the largest cargo-carrying airport in the United States in the next 15 years.”

As in Commercial Flight belly cargo or FedEx will expand bigger than MEM or SDF?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Delta28L

Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:38 am

I doubt that they will be the largest cargo carrying airport in the USA. Do they have the space to go bigger than MEM?

atypical

Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:24 am

Does anyone know what the FedEx $1.5 bil expansion look like when done?

As far as taking over MEM I am doubtful. Can IND do it, yes. My reasons (as imperfect as they may be) MEM has a lot of day sort that IND doesn't. I say this because when I look at FR24 FDX traffic at 12:00P ET traffic that the MEM/IND inbound traffic is 90/10. The linear layout IND has has better expansion opportunities. Aircraft are parked closer to container loadouts. MEM has 3 runways of 9.000, 9,000, and 11,000 feet, but would need to demo a road to get longer runways in. IND has runways of 7,000, 9,000, and 11,000. The 9,000 is expandable to 11,000 and another runway is planned and the area would give FedEx further space to expand ops. Now this is a wild shot in the blue (and probably misses even the barn door) but somewhere in the IND expansions lies and answer...

piedmontf284000

Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:42 am

Midwestindy wrote:

No chance, unless Memphis Int'l burns to the ground.

Indy is the #8 largest cargo airport in the US. They would have to increase tons of departing cargo by 5 times their current amount to even catch MEM, and that is with MEM standing still and not growing one iota.

https://www.faa.gov/airports/planning_c ... rports.pdf

Bluegrass60

Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:21 pm

One would suppose the speaker of this line understands what he is saying? MEM and SDF have far more cargo today....and they aren't just gonna not grow.

Midwestindy

Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:27 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:

One would suppose the speaker of this line understands what he is saying? MEM and SDF have far more cargo today....and they aren't just gonna not grow.

Well considering he is the Director of the airport, he is frequently in discussions with FX, and he likely has (at the least) a general idea of how much FX plans to grow from MEM.

SDFguy

Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:07 pm

Midwestindy wrote:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This coming from the same people that claimed that IND would have a non-stop passenger flight to Asia by the end of 2018. The IND airport people are known for making outlandish claims like this.

cvgComair

Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:23 pm

With SDF being the largest hub for UPS and CVG being the largest hub for DHL/Amazon, the region is very popular with cargo carriers. Given the direction of UPS/DHL/Amazon, it is not surprising FedEx wants to grow IND.

CVG was claiming that it would be #3 in the world with Amazon's operations here. HKG is at #1 with 5 million tons and it looks like PVG will soon pass MEM as #2. Growth at MEM has been stagnant for years, so I think CVG has a good shot at passing MEM. CVG is saying 6.7 million tons by 2050 (4.4 million tons in the next 15 years).

It would be quite a tall order for FedEx to grow IND to that level, but not impossible.

Midwestindy wrote:

I am definitely no expert, but it appears FedEx/UPS are being adamant that Amazon isn't important or a threat (probably to please investors). Amazon Air could do anything from being a complete flop to becoming a serious competitor to FedEx/UPS. Where they fall on this spectrum could significantly alter the growth plans of FedEx and UPS. I would imagine anything FedEx says to IND is under the assumption that Amazon Air doesn't become a threat.
Last edited by cvgComair on Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Midwestindy

Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:38 pm

SDFguy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This coming from the same people that claimed that IND would have a non-stop passenger flight to Asia by the end of 2018. The IND airport people are known for making outlandish claims like this.

That was from the State of Indiana, not from the Indianapolis Airport

Indy

Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:12 pm

atypical wrote:
Does anyone know what the FedEx $1.5 bil expansion look like when done?

As far as taking over MEM I am doubtful. Can IND do it, yes. My reasons (as imperfect as they may be) MEM has a lot of day sort that IND doesn't. I say this because when I look at FR24 FDX traffic at 12:00P ET traffic that the MEM/IND inbound traffic is 90/10. The linear layout IND has has better expansion opportunities. Aircraft are parked closer to container loadouts. MEM has 3 runways of 9.000, 9,000, and 11,000 feet, but would need to demo a road to get longer runways in. IND has runways of 7,000, 9,000, and 11,000. The 9,000 is expandable to 11,000 and another runway is planned and the area would give FedEx further space to expand ops. Now this is a wild shot in the blue (and probably misses even the barn door) but somewhere in the IND expansions lies and answer...

The runway lengths are 11,200, 10,000 and 7,278. The 3rd parallel runway will be every bit as big as the first two I listed. The reason I think IND could become the largest cargo airport in the U.S. is that so much of the sort facility will be new or remodeled and efficient. Also, the FedEx hub here is pretty close to being a midfield cargo facility which makes for much more efficient aircraft movements. IND will be able to turn around flights faster than MEM. I have to wonder if the Director's statement bets on part of MEM being taken down for remodeling which would cut down their capacity for a while. FX has room to grow in IND (by a lot). It does not have that luxury in MEM. But then again with Amazon entering the game who knows what is going to happen. Then again Mrs Bezos could be a game changer too :-)
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

Bluegrass60

Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:23 pm

SDF's UPS operation is a midfield operation. Not sure how much more room they have to expand that facility....it already dwarfs whatever FX has at IND. UPS is growing capacity at SDF by adding 747-900. FX has no idea what UPS plans are for SDF. Both UPS and FX watch what Amazon is up to. Amazon (rt now anyway) does not have the expertise or equipment/facilities to truly pose a threat to FX or UPS. I did see a Wall St analyst type suggest Amazon should just buy FX. That probably would not help IND if it occurred. Regardless, IND and the state of Indiana have high aspirations. They will definitely never be #1 in NA for air cargo without at least aspiring to be #1. They will definitely never have NS to Asia without at least that aspiration. Nothing wrong with aspiring to be....

Delta28L

Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:20 pm

IND gets FX service to Asia via ANC and they get KIX which is a FX hub via a 777 nonstop

FA9295

Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:00 pm

I just came across 3 SY jets that flew IND-MBJ flights all on the same day (last Thursday):

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KIND/MKJS

And looking at the history of these flights on flightaware, it looks like SY runs these flights quite often. I didn't know IND had any scheduled SY flights at all. Are they just regularly scheduled charter flights, and who uses them?

cvgComair

Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:09 pm

FA9295 wrote:
I just came across 3 SY jets that flew IND-MBJ flights all on the same day (last Thursday):

And looking at the history of these flights on flightaware, it looks like SY runs these flights quite often. I didn't know IND had any scheduled SY flights at all. Are they just regularly scheduled charter flights, and who uses them?

I don't know who they are being operated for, but SY has been running a bunch of charter flights in the midwest recently. CVG even setup check-in counters for SY.

tkoenig95

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:22 pm

jplatts wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

WN could extend IND-AUS nonstop service to daily nonstop service from Sunday-only nonstop service.

AS could add IND-PDX nonstop service since (a) AS already serves IND with nonstop service to SEA from IND and (b) AS already serves PDX nonstop from ORD, MCI, MSP, and OMA in the Midwest.

WN's AUS Sunday only service is almost a joke, and its surprising to see them pick up RDU daily in lieu of IND. It makes one wonder what is keeping DL throwing a Connection carrier on this route.

Midwestindy

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:30 pm

tkoenig95 wrote:
jplatts wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

WN's AUS Sunday only service is almost a joke, and its surprising to see them pick up RDU daily in lieu of IND. It makes one wonder what is keeping DL throwing a Connection carrier on this route.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am almost certain this is the largest route from AUS that isn't daily.

Surprised both airports aren't trying harder to get more service on this route, at least during the summer it should be daily

Fargo

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:36 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
tkoenig95 wrote:
jplatts wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am almost certain this is the largest route from AUS that isn't daily.

Surprised both airports aren't trying harder to get more service on this route, at least during the summer it should be daily

This route screams for a DL Connection CR900. I expect IND to be one of the first routes launched if DL decides to build up AUS, it is such a low hanging fruit.

Midwestindy

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:11 pm

Looks like G4 is asleep at the wheel from IND, not much action coming from them

it looks like CHS is being trimmed after summer, AZA is still listed as seasonal, while it appears PIE, SFB, and PGD go up to 9x weekly during peak October.

Hopefully IND will see more from them moving forward.

PVD757

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:17 pm

Hoping G4 looks at IND-PVD summer for 2020.

Midwestindy

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:05 pm

PVD757 wrote:
Hoping G4 looks at IND-PVD summer for 2020.

I expected this a while ago, but it would be nice to see. I have family in Newport so a n/s to PVD would likely be a good option, as opposed to driving down from BOS.

FA9295

Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:11 pm

cvgComair wrote:
FA9295 wrote:

I don't know who they are being operated for, but SY has been running a bunch of charter flights in the midwest recently. CVG even setup check-in counters for SY.

Thanks. I just thought I'd ask about this since it was kind of odd to see three SY jets flying the same exact route at the same time of day, and SY doesn't even have commercial ops at IND.

As for CVG, it's kind of odd that they would set up a check-in counter for a charter-only operation. Does SY have check-ins at IND?

Midwestindy

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:36 pm

FA9295 wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
FA9295 wrote:

Thanks. I just thought I'd ask about this since it was kind of odd to see three SY jets flying the same exact route at the same time of day, and SY doesn't even have commercial ops at IND.

As for CVG, it's kind of odd that they would set up a check-in counter for a charter-only operation. Does SY have check-ins at IND?

They do MX at AAR in IND I believe

southwest1675

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:44 pm

Any word on Contour looking at IND?
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

Midwestindy

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:50 pm

https://d1j6zi7czwjuok.cloudfront.net/i ... EBSITE.pdf

Board meeting for February 15th:

Rental car area is too small, and it will be expanded to the Northwest. The analysis also yielded a cost estimate of $50 million for the garage expansion project

Midwestindy

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:55 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Any word on Contour looking at IND?

Not sure on the timeline but it should be within the next month or so, IND has been behind on everything as of late.

The Airport Director said there were supposed to be some announcements early this year however nothing as of yet, the airport hasn't even released 2018 numbers yet!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos