Midwestindy

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:43 pm

flyPIT wrote:
The topic of how Fed Ex's expansion will look like comes up from time to time. I'm not sure if these diagrams are new but I have never seen them posted. The expansion seems to follow what I expected - substantial ramp space between the new runway and I-70. Looks like they can roughly triple ramp space.

Other aspects of the master plan:

https://www.rsandh.com/projects/indianapolis-international-airport/

Looks pretty aggressive, especially the third picture, which looks like dozens of mid-rises.......
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

beerbus

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:15 pm

stlgph wrote:

oh yes, Concourse D was quite a busy place and lots of US Air Express props running around.

US had N/S flights to numerous midwest cities from IND. I flew a USAir Express Beech 99 to OWB, (the only passenger on it- and a non-rev at that) and there were N/S props to LAN GRR SBN FWA etc in the late 80's. I also flew US N/S to EVV on a 737, and to CLE on a BAC111 that left nearly full at 0600h.

At NW we had BAE Jetstream 131 3x daily service to MKE to feed our mini-hub there, and it did well. And 3x daily DC 9-10 to LGA during the same era..the yields were great....profitable on 50% load factors because of those yields.

We were jammed into the end of the A concourse. SRO sometimes. These gates had been formally used by EA and TW. We started to add flights and upguage after the RC-NW merger in October 1986

The Airport Director didn't like NW very much. Our share was growing monthly, and the airport had all their eggs in the USAir connecting complex at IND. NW threatened that.

For example, they wouldn't let us hang a jet way at the end of the A concourse, even though there was a door there, and it had previously been used with a jet way.

They wouldn't give us a reason that made sense......"congestion" was the given answer......So we had to jockey flights around, especially when we went to 9 IND DTW daily flights while protecting our market against new WN service in that market.

It was pretty petty......we hung a banner on the gate we sub leased from TWA promoting the new LGA service. They made us take it down....

I placed new MKE and LGA service placards on the counter- he made me take those down too. I asked him "aren't you in support of new service from IND"?

He shrugged- "you need permission to place any promotional material in the airport"

I asked him- "even space we have already rented"?

He said, "yep".

Over on the D concourse, another airline did the same thing with impunity......

There was reason that DL passed over IND to build their hub in CVG....

Indy

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:09 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Looks pretty aggressive, especially the third picture, which looks like dozens of mid-rises.......

I wonder how much of that is filler and how much of that is actually planned. I also wonder when all of this construction is supposed to take place.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

atypical

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:33 am

Indy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

I wonder how much of that is filler and how much of that is actually planned. I also wonder when all of this construction is supposed to take place.

This is obviously prior to FE's new construction plans. Who knows what the plans for IND are in that light, plus for the current plans for the area for the old terminal area. I would put this at a 2010 plan that is stale at this point. As Timbuk3 said, "The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades"

DeltaRules

Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:03 am

beerbus wrote:
stlgph wrote:

oh yes, Concourse D was quite a busy place and lots of US Air Express props running around.

US had N/S flights to numerous midwest cities from IND. I flew a USAir Express Beech 99 to OWB, (the only passenger on it- and a non-rev at that) and there were N/S props to LAN GRR SBN FWA etc in the late 80's. I also flew US N/S to EVV on a 737, and to CLE on a BAC111 that left nearly full at 0600h.

At NW we had BAE Jetstream 131 3x daily service to MKE to feed our mini-hub there, and it did well. And 3x daily DC 9-10 to LGA during the same era..the yields were great....profitable on 50% load factors because of those yields.

We were jammed into the end of the A concourse. SRO sometimes. These gates had been formally used by EA and TW. We started to add flights and upguage after the RC-NW merger in October 1986

The Airport Director didn't like NW very much. Our share was growing monthly, and the airport had all their eggs in the USAir connecting complex at IND. NW threatened that.

For example, they wouldn't let us hang a jet way at the end of the A concourse, even though there was a door there, and it had previously been used with a jet way.

They wouldn't give us a reason that made sense......"congestion" was the given answer......So we had to jockey flights around, especially when we went to 9 IND DTW daily flights while protecting our market against new WN service in that market.

It was pretty petty......we hung a banner on the gate we sub leased from TWA promoting the new LGA service. They made us take it down....

I placed new MKE and LGA service placards on the counter- he made me take those down too. I asked him "aren't you in support of new service from IND"?

He shrugged- "you need permission to place any promotional material in the airport"

I asked him- "even space we have already rented"?

He said, "yep".

Over on the D concourse, another airline did the same thing with impunity......

There was reason that DL passed over IND to build their hub in CVG....

The last footnote is an interesting one. I knew DL had considered a hub at DAY before deciding on CVG, but never knew IND was also in the running.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

Indy

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:29 am

I thought DL wanted a hub in IND but IND wouldn't lift a finger to help them. Not the only hub the old leadership turned down.

Midwestindy

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:40 pm

UA is adding the A320 to IND-IAD from Mid-August to Early October, slightly earlier this year
UA is going 2x mainline (3x daily) on IND-DEN, adding the 739 and 738 starting in Mid-August to Early October
+Sun only mainline to IAD and EWR in either April or May

F9 is going all A321 on IND-MCO from May-August

DL updated their Indy 500 schedule again
+1 frequency BOS-(4x RJ)
+1 frequency LGA-(6x RJ)
3x 752/2xB739/4xMD88-ATL
B739-LAX
A320/2xA319/B717/CR9-MSP
B752/3xB717/2xCR9/1xE170-DTW
CR9/CR7-RDU

Also seems that DL brought IND-MCO back to the B717, the A320 could potentially be added back later?

beerbus

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:28 pm

Indy wrote:
I thought DL wanted a hub in IND but IND wouldn't lift a finger to help them. Not the only hub the old leadership turned down.

Landing fees were a major issue. No relief was offered. CVG was significantly more competitive.

zackary747

Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:20 am

10 days until Spirit arrives. Has the check in counter been set up yet?
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr

GSOtoIND

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:12 am

I didn't see anything last week. I'll take a look tomorrow. The most logical place for them to set up would be next to AS (They only use half of their counter) or next to G4 where Onejet used to be.
zackary747 wrote:
IND. 2018: BOS/AUA/MIA/DEN Next: LAS/SLC/DEN

stlgph

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:20 am

Wasn't OneJet just one podium? I know it's Spirit and all but it would nice to see try just a little bit harder than that. Wouldn't mind seeing them go on the other side of Southwest either, just to mix it up a little and put something in that part of town.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Midwestindy

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:31 am

GSOtoIND wrote:
I didn't see anything last week. I'll take a look tomorrow. The most logical place for them to set up would be next to AS (They only use half of their counter) or next to G4 where Onejet used to be.
zackary747 wrote:

I can also check this week, I'm going to be going through the airport a few times this week.

Looks like this could be a really busy spring break period though, especially for the CDG flight

Midwestindy

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:59 pm

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/201 ... 985958002/

1. Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, California

2. St. Louis

3. San Antonio, Texas

4. Portland, Oregon

5. Pittsburgh

6. Sacramento, California

7. Cincinnati

8. San Juan, Puerto Rico

9. Columbus, Ohio

10. Cleveland

As with Pittsburgh and St. Louis, airport officials also consider Cleveland a "drive market" that presents the opportunity for air-service connectivity from IND. The Cleveland metro area is about 317 miles from Indianapolis by highway. Traveling by plane, however, will get you there in just under three hours or in 10 hours if you stop in two cities in between. Connecting flights stop in Detroit; Chicago; Raleigh, North Carolina; and Washington, D.C., among others.
Also worth noting

Other metro areas that lack daily nonstop flights from IND include San Jose, California; Nashville; Memphis, Tennessee; Virginia Beach, Virginia; Providence, Rhode Island; and Milwaukee.

San Jose: This metro area has about 1.9 million people, and is about an hour's drive south of San Francisco and Oakland, both of which receive direct flights from IND.

Nashville, Milwaukee and Memphis: These other "drive markets" lack direct flights from IND. Nashville is about 289 miles from Indianapolis by highway, and Milwaukee is roughly 279 miles away. Air travel times to both cities range from about three hours to 10 hours with layovers of varying lengths in between.

Virginia Beach, Virginia, and Providence, Rhode Island: You'll need at least three and a half hours to get to these East Coast destinations from IND. Maximum air travel times for both cities are about 16 hours and nine hours, respectively. Passengers can connect to others flights at airports in Detroit, Newark and Philadelphia, among other sites

COSPN

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:39 pm

Who is the ground handler for spirit ? It makes sense to be next to their counter office, FSS handles AS , quantem takes care of G4 , and simplicity F9 ..

jplatts

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:05 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/2019/03/05/indianapolis-nonstop-flights-here-are-the-10-largest-u-s-cities-without-them/2985958002/

5. Pittsburgh

7. Cincinnati

9. Columbus, Ohio

10. Cleveland

While DL used to serve CVG nonstop from IND back when DL had a hub at CVG, DL will probably never bring back IND-CVG nonstop service since (a) DL has significantly downsized its CVG operation and (b) Greater Cincinnati is within a 2-hour drive of Indianapolis.

There are a few WN nonstop routes out of CLE, IND, and PIT that currently do not have any nonstop competition, including CLE-MKE, CLE-STL, IND-MCI, IND-SAN, PIT-BNA, and PIT-STL. WN might possibly be able to make IND-CLE and IND-PIT nonstop service work if WN is actually doing well on CLE-MKE nonstop service since (a) WN is unlikely to face nonstop competition on the IND-CLE and IND-PIT routes, (b) IND is located in a larger metro area than MKE is, (c) WN already operates nonstop routes out of CLE, IND, and PIT that do not have any nonstop competition, and (d) travelers are already familiar with the Southwest brand in the CLE, IND, and PIT markets.

CMH is unlikely to ever see nonstop service from IND since Columbus, Ohio is within a 3-hour drive of Indianapolis.

GSOtoIND

Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:45 am

Midwestindy wrote:
GSOtoIND wrote:
zackary747 wrote:

I can also check this week, I'm going to be going through the airport a few times this week.

Looks like this could be a really busy spring break period though, especially for the CDG flight

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bup89AyFViY ... pm1t8da5eh

It looks like they'll be next to G4 in the space formerly used by OneJet. The old signs are being taken down and those boxes on the counter are new. Judging by the logos on the packing tape, there's some computer equipment inside of them.

Also, the big monitors over the checkpoint entrances are up and running.

(I copied the link from my Instagram post because it's past my bedtime and I'm lazy)

zackary747

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:02 am

GSOtoIND wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
GSOtoIND wrote:

It looks like they'll be next to G4 in the space formerly used by OneJet. The old signs are being taken down and those boxes on the counter are new. Judging by the logos on the packing tape, there's some computer equipment inside of them.

(I copied the link from my Instagram post because it's past my bedtime and I'm lazy)

Ahh the Indy ULCC trio.

Midwestindy

Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:51 pm

https://www.indianapolisairport.com/abo ... aight-year
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/st ... th-america

Indy Airport Named ‘Best Airport’ in North America for Seventh Straight Year

Midwestindy

Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:08 am

GSOtoIND wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
GSOtoIND wrote:

Yeah, it looks like NK will be where J1 was, they had a bunch of boxes piled up on the counter (presumably for signage purposes). I should have taken a picture of it. Still no update on gates though, but I'll check back Saturday and Monday

Also I love what the airport is doing with signage:

zackary747

Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:08 am

Midwestindy wrote:
GSOtoIND wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Yeah, it looks like NK will be where J1 was, they had a bunch of boxes piled up on the counter (presumably for signage purposes). I should have taken a picture of it. Still no update on gates though, but I'll check back Saturday and Monday

Also I love what the airport is doing with signage:

The signage does look nice. Yeah be sure to take photos of Spirits check in counter whenever you get the chance. It would be nice to see how that is coming along. I am also sure some signage might be added at their gate as well.

Midwestindy

Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:09 pm

Next Saturday will be a mad-house in customs: DL CDG-IND 5:40 PM, G4 PUJ-IND 5:55pm, WN CUN-IND 6:15 PM

I wonder if they will try to use A3 for Int'l arrivals, since all the F9 flights leave before 5:30 PM

GSOtoIND

Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:28 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Next Saturday will be a mad-house in customs: DL CDG-IND 5:40 PM, G4 PUJ-IND 5:55pm, WN CUN-IND 6:15 PM

I wonder if they will try to use A3 for Int'l arrivals, since all the F9 flights leave before 5:30 PM

I don't think the international arrivals hallway extends out to A3 since that gate is on the end of the building. Hopefully they can get the Allegiant towed off the gate in time. 20 minutes should suffice to get pax and bags off. I'm sure they'll do the other service back on one of their own gates.

GSOtoIND

Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:30 am

Last observation from tonight: a crew was setting up Spirit's ticketing area. The self-service kiosks were in place when I looked. That stant-up promotional banner that's been in Civic Plaza was moved over to their area as well.

zackary747

Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:59 am

GSOtoIND wrote:
Last observation from tonight: a crew was setting up Spirit's ticketing area. The self-service kiosks were in place when I looked. That stant-up promotional banner that's been in Civic Plaza was moved over to their area as well.

Did you get a photo?

kindeham

Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:33 am

Midwestindy wrote:

That's going to be a zoo. CDG-IND is pretty much full that day too. I wonder if there are any plans to make some temporary accomodations?

stlgph

Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:14 pm

If needed, the Delta 767 can also come in, unload, and head over to A16 for departure.

I would imagine trying to use A3 and form a "human wall" to direct people coming off the gate into the gate and down to customs for A4/5 would be a cluster especially if the 767 is going OUT and people are already starting to gather and line up.

Question though - is there a ground level gate which takes people from the tarmac into the customs area, i.e. as if they were coming off a bus? Just curious if parking at A3 would still be an option and then having them walk over and come in a door that way.

Midwestindy

Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:36 pm

stlgph wrote:
If needed, the Delta 767 can also come in, unload, and head over to A16 for departure.

I would imagine trying to use A3 and form a "human wall" to direct people coming off the gate into the gate and down to customs for A4/5 would be a cluster especially if the 767 is going OUT and people are already starting to gather and line up.

Question though - is there a ground level gate which takes people from the tarmac into the customs area, i.e. as if they were coming off a bus? Just curious if parking at A3 would still be an option and then having them walk over and come in a door that way.

GSOtoIND wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

I don't think the international arrivals hallway extends out to A3 since that gate is on the end of the building. Hopefully they can get the Allegiant towed off the gate in time. 20 minutes should suffice to get pax and bags off. I'm sure they'll do the other service back on one of their own gates.

I correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there was a provision that allowed for A3 to be temporarily converted into a int'l arrivals gate if need arouse.

I guess if push comes to shove WN will have to wait an extra 10-15 minutes. I doubt they will tow the CDG flight. But, probably the bigger issue will be the security wait times with 500-600 people arriving in a pan of ~30 minutes, if there is even room in the facility for that many people at once

zackary747

Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:12 am

So the airport has done a year in review video last year and the year before (and maybe before then as well but I can't remember). Does anyone know if the airport is going to make one for 2018? Considering it's already March I doubt it but I thought I would ask just in case anyone knew a definite answer.

pmanni1

Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:37 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/2019/03/05/indianapolis-nonstop-flights-here-are-the-10-largest-u-s-cities-without-them/2985958002/

2. St. Louis

3. San Antonio, Texas

4. Portland, Oregon

5. Pittsburgh

7. Cincinnati

8. San Juan, Puerto Rico

9. Columbus, Ohio

10. Cleveland

As with Pittsburgh and St. Louis, airport officials also consider Cleveland a "drive market" that presents the opportunity for air-service connectivity from IND. The Cleveland metro area is about 317 miles from Indianapolis by highway. Traveling by plane, however, will get you there in just under three hours or in 10 hours if you stop in two cities in between. Connecting flights stop in Detroit; Chicago; Raleigh, North Carolina; and Washington, D.C., among others.
Also worth noting

Other metro areas that lack daily nonstop flights from IND include San Jose, California; Nashville; Memphis, Tennessee; Virginia Beach, Virginia; Providence, Rhode Island; and Milwaukee.

San Jose: This metro area has about 1.9 million people, and is about an hour's drive south of San Francisco and Oakland, both of which receive direct flights from IND.

Nashville, Milwaukee and Memphis: These other "drive markets" lack direct flights from IND. Nashville is about 289 miles from Indianapolis by highway, and Milwaukee is roughly 279 miles away. Air travel times to both cities range from about three hours to 10 hours with layovers of varying lengths in between.

Virginia Beach, Virginia, and Providence, Rhode Island: You'll need at least three and a half hours to get to these East Coast destinations from IND. Maximum air travel times for both cities are about 16 hours and nine hours, respectively. Passengers can connect to others flights at airports in Detroit, Newark and Philadelphia, among other sites

I don't know why they consider IND-PIT at 6 hours to be a drive market. Just not sure who would ever start service between the two since airlines have gotten away from spoke to spoke. IND-STL may be a drive market but it would open up a lot of easy connections on WN to smaller cities like OMA, ICT, TUL, OKC, LIT.

Runway28L

Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:36 pm

pmanni1 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

2. St. Louis

3. San Antonio, Texas

4. Portland, Oregon

5. Pittsburgh

7. Cincinnati

8. San Juan, Puerto Rico

9. Columbus, Ohio

10. Cleveland

Also worth noting

I don't know why they consider IND-PIT at 6 hours to be a drive market. Just not sure who would ever start service between the two since airlines have gotten away from spoke to spoke. IND-STL may be a drive market but it would open up a lot of easy connections on WN to smaller cities like OMA, ICT, TUL, OKC, LIT.

With Via Air hopeful of their PIT “focus city”, it wouldn’t shock me if they end up on the route at some point.

IND-STL, as well as IND-BNA, seem like obvious adds for WN.

zackary747

Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:22 pm

Runway28L wrote:
pmanni1 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

2. St. Louis

3. San Antonio, Texas

4. Portland, Oregon

5. Pittsburgh

7. Cincinnati

8. San Juan, Puerto Rico

9. Columbus, Ohio

10. Cleveland

Also worth noting

With Via Air hopeful of their PIT “focus city”, it wouldn’t shock me if they end up on the route at some point.

There have been rumors that Contour would start up IND and fly to STL and BNA. Haven't heard much about them since then.

Midwestindy

Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:47 pm

zackary747 wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
pmanni1 wrote:

There have been rumors that Contour would start up IND and fly to STL and BNA. Haven't heard much about them since then.

^^^ If the rumor does come to fruition, I wouldn't be surprised if BDL, PIT, MKE, MEM, and maybe some others follow. Ultimate expressed interested in CLE-IND too, so there is some interest in connecting the regional dots, the real question is whether or not it will be successful.

WN is significantly trimming its IND operation by 10-12% capacity starting in the summer, so I doubt they will add BNA/STL in the near future.

pmanni1

Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:05 am

Midwestindy wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
Runway28L wrote:

^^^ If the rumor does come to fruition, I wouldn't be surprised if BDL, PIT, MKE, MEM, and maybe some others follow. Ultimate expressed interested in CLE-IND too, so there is some interest in connecting the regional dots, the real question is whether or not it will be successful.

WN is significantly trimming its IND operation by 10-12% capacity starting in the summer, so I doubt they will add BNA/STL in the near future.

STL airport director recently stated that tops on their list to get are IND, ORF, SDF & RIC. WN is up to 50 destination in STL and she has a great track record of convincing WN to keep adding destinations.

Midwestindy

Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:11 pm

pmanni1 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
zackary747 wrote:

STL airport director recently stated that tops on their list to get are IND, ORF, SDF & RIC. WN is up to 50 destination in STL and she has a great track record of convincing WN to keep adding destinations.

We'll see ,it could happen in the future, I just don't see it in the next couple of years. IND-STL for connections is redundant with IND-MDW/MCI/LAS/DAL/DEN/e.t.c already serving east-west connection follows through IND

AA just updated its June schedule today:
DFW will be 4xB738/1xMD80
ORD will get 2xB738
PHL keeps the A319 but loses the evening flight
DCA stays all 76 seater +1 CR7, CLT stays with 2x mainline
LAX loses the 2nd daily flight for June, wonder if it is gone after this month

This is how it shakes up in terms of outbound seats for 06/21
Carrier--Outbound Seats--Percentage of seats
WN--5278--29.10%
DL--4574--25.22%
AA--3806--20.98%
UA--1999--11.02%
G4--1374--7.57%
F9--416--2.29%
NK--364--2.01%
AS--178--0.98%
AC--150--0.83%

By August WN and DL will likely flip, with WN hovering around 4000 outbound seats per weekday

UA is also decreasing the IND-SFO to 1x daily on Tuesdays, but making the Wednesday routing 2xB739. With no competition (other than WN to OAK), I wouldn't be surprised if UA decreases this route to 1x daily outside of summer, to jack up the prices.

Finally, DL is increasing IND-JFK to 3x daily for November, numbers on the IND-CDG must have been decent for November to allow for the increase. With WN gone, DL will have a stranglehold on the NYC and BOS markets

COSPN

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:03 pm

Looks like FSS will ground handle Spirit out of A20 and the former OneJet counter

NorfolkSpotter

Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:21 pm

I’d like to see G4 try IND-ORF

Midwestindy

Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:11 pm

Preparations are underway for Thursday, I took these pictures last night

Also, it looks like UA is using A4 for arrivals now, I am in the process of using up all my extra UA miles before they expire, and when I arrived we had a last second gate change to A4. I also saw another E145 Remotely parked near A3. Are they out of gate space?

I think this was my first time arriving at A4

Btw busy week coming up for IND news,
Wednesday--Board meeting minutes should be released (this time will likely have details of all the new shops)
Thursday--Southwest Schedule Extension(won't see much but it will still be interesting), T100 data is released (update on CDG loads), Inaugural NK flight
Friday--Board meeting

jplatts

Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:31 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
We'll see ,it could happen in the future, I just don't see it in the next couple of years. IND-STL for connections is redundant with IND-MDW/MCI/LAS/DAL/DEN/e.t.c already serving east-west connection follows through IND

There are a few places in between STL and DEN that aren't served nonstop from MDW such as DSM, LIT, TUL, and ICT, and WN would be able to offer 1-stop connecting service to these destinations from IND through STL if WN added IND-STL nonstop service.

However, I agree that IND-STL is redundant for connections with IND-MDW/MCI/LAS/DAL/DEN/etc. for most of the connections, including connections to Texas and destinations west of the Midwest.

Midwestindy

Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:50 pm

https://d1j6zi7czwjuok.cloudfront.net/i ... EBSITE.pdf

Shop proposals very impressed by the airport here:
Sun King Brewery-microbrewery concept-Concourse B

The Farmer’s Market- feature products that are endorsed by Indiana Grown, which is an Indiana Department of Agriculture branding initiative that encourages consumers to buy and eat local products. This 3,382 sq. ft. space will showcase Indiana products in a market setting with which takes passengers on a journey from Hoosier farms to tables-Concourse B

Side by side in Concourse A:
Bento Sushi- a concept which will offer fresh, made-to-order sushi, as well as grab and go sushi options
Bub’s Burgers-a locally owned and operated burger brand that is home to the Big Ugly, a 1.5-pound behemoth cheeseburger challenge that is famous for taking down food athletes across the country

Hot Box Pizza-Civic Plaza

Harry & Izzy's-This proposed Agreement with SSP will include a 1,697 sq. ft. expansion of the Harry & Izzy’s (H&I) concept in Concourse A. The existing H&I space is 3,450 sq. ft. and is set to expire on December 31, 2023. With this proposed expansion, SSP is requesting a new 10-year term for the overall 5,147 square foot location. To enhance the customer experience, the bar will be extended to include a raw bar featuring their famous shrimp cocktail with a wine display added to showcase the wide selection of wines available. SSP’s strategy in creating this larger space will allow for more seating capacity which translates into increased customer satisfaction and increased local brand presence with a potential for increased revenue to the Airport. In 2018, sales for the current location almost surpassed $5 million and was listed in Forbes magazine as one of the “6 Great Reasons to Visit America’s Most Underrated City Right Now. The intent is to elevate customer experience through expanding the bar presence, creating a cocktail sauce mixing station, offering a grab and go window and providing more seating for passengers.

Starbucks-HMS has proposed four (4) Starbucks locations, one in each of Concourse, one in Civic Plaza and one in Baggage Claim. The Starbucks in Baggage Claim will include a news and convenience component called, Circle City News.

Indiana Pacers Courtside Club-The Pacers Club concept will give visitors a “court-side” view of Civic Plaza and feature a menu inclusive of the Indiana Pacers player’s favorite dishes. The Pacers Club will showcase an interactive pop-a-shot basketball game and Indiana Pacer’s memorabilia that will introduce Pacers basketball to a whole new generation of travelers.

Circle City Beer Garden has been proposed as the microbrewery/craft beer tap room concept-This open concept will provide visitors a chance to sample Indiana-made craft beers with a menu that offers tapas and small appetizers featuring the famous local charcuterie company, Smoking Goose.

Tinker Coffee-Concourse B-Not much explained here....

Social Cantina-Concourse A-a sit-down Mexican cuisine concept. A brainchild of Indiana native Nathan Finney, Social Cantina features a tequila wall, salsa flights, 12 kinds of tacos and on-tap Margaritas. Passengers will be delighted to discover this concept that offers a twist on ordinary Mexican cuisine with authentic flavors found at the heart of the street fare style food served here. Social Cantina will be located at the end of Concourse A.

Stacked Pickle-Concourse A-Stacked Pickle was established in 2010 by former Indianapolis Colts player, Gary Brackett and offers a fully immersive sports environment, complete with multiple projectors and plasma TV’s which allows fans to view multiple games from all angles

Shake Shack-Concourse B-IND will feature the first Shake Shack in Indiana and will offer this popular roadside burger dining experience to delight passengers for the next ten years.

Ben’s Soft Pretzels-Concourse A and B-With unique flavor combinations and breakfast options served on their famous pretzel rolls, the addition of Ben’s will ensure that passengers “Have a Pretzel Day.”

Indy

Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:24 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Stacked Pickle-Concourse A-Stacked Pickle was established in 2010 by former Indianapolis Colts player, Gary Brackett and offers a fully immersive sports environment, complete with multiple projectors and plasma TV’s which allows fans to view multiple games from all angles

Actually it was founded by Chris Long. Brackett came in after the fact. Just stating a correction to the information :-)

Midwestindy

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Indy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Actually it was founded by Chris Long. Brackett came in after the fact. Just stating a correction to the information :-)

Haha, don't shoot the messenger!

Midwestindy

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:11 am

NK announcing more IND routes Thursday....
https://www.theindychannel.com/news/loc ... -las-vegas

zackary747

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:49 am

Midwestindy wrote:
NK announcing more IND routes Thursday....
https://www.theindychannel.com/news/loc ... -las-vegas

I bet TPA and FLL are in the mix.

Midwestindy

Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:43 pm

RSW and TPA loaded into November

zackary747

Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:21 pm

Midwestindy wrote:

Where are you seeing RSW? It's not on the dropdown for me.

Midwestindy

Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:27 pm

zackary747 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

zackary747

Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Well, my computer is drunk then. No FLL surprisingly but maybe the runway construction is why.

stlgph

Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:51 pm

look closer come fall.

7am - Ft. Myers
7am - Tampa
8pm(ish) - Las Vegas

nothing to Orlando.

Midwestindy

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:20 pm

September Int’l
IND-CDG-63.4% 45,426 pounds of cargo
CDG-IND-64.0% 218,469 pounds of cargo

IND-YYZ-68.4%
YYZ-IND-68.7%

Dec LFs
G4
IND-FLL-95.9%
IND-LAS-92.2%
IND-SFB-91.9%
IND-PIE-89.5%
IND-PGD-87.9%
IND-SRQ-87.0%
IND-JAX-81.1%
IND-AUS-72.3%

AA
IND-MIA-88.2%
IND-PHX-86.8%
IND-DFW-86.7%
IND-LAX-83.7%
IND-CLT-81.9%
IND-JFK-78.3%
IND-LGA-77.9%
IND-ORD-77.2%
IND-DCA-69.3%
IND-PHL-67.3%

AS
IND-SEA-82.7%

DL
IND-RSW-94.5%
IND-ATL-88.5%
IND-SLC-88.0%
IND-LAX-87.1%
IND-MCO-83.8%
IND-RDU-80.2%
IND-BOS-79.6%
IND-MSP-78.5%
IND-JFK-76.8%
IND-LGA-76.3%
IND-DTW-76.2%
IND-SEA-68.8%

F9
IND-DEN-93.4%
IND-LAS-92.7%
IND-MCO-90.4%
IND-SAN-80.0%
IND-RSW-77.4%

UA
IND-IAH-89.7%
IND-DEN-88.2%
IND-EWR-88.1%
IND-ORD-81.9%
IND-IAD-81.7%
IND-SFO-77.1%

WN
IND-PHX-95.6%
IND-LAS-92.8%
IND-LAX-91.1%
IND-MCO-90.3%
IND-FLL-88.6%
IND-DEN-88.1%
IND-TPA-82.3%
IND-HOU-81.8%
IND-ATL-81.7%
IND-RSW-81.0%
IND-DAL-80.6%
IND-BWI-79.3%
IND-BOS-77.5%
IND-MCI-77.5%
IND-AUS-72.0%
IND-EWR-71.2%
IND-MDW-68.9%
IND-OAK-64.9% Probably shouldn’t be run on a 738 in the winter…..
IND-MSY-51.7%

Overall it looks like LFs were either above average or below, not much in between. Obviously business markets will be on the low side due to it being December.

stlgph wrote:
look closer come fall.

7am - Ft. Myers
7am - Tampa
8pm(ish) - Las Vegas

nothing to Orlando.

A bit confused on that, so that means they need two gates I'm guessing.

Also the flight times don't line up yet
LAS-IND 5:25 AM
TPA-IND 12:40 PM
RSW-IND 12:55 PM
MCO-IND 7:30 PM

Midwestindy

Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:30 pm

zackary747 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
zackary747 wrote:

Well, my computer is drunk then. No FLL surprisingly but maybe the runway construction is why.

https://www.ibj.com/articles/72943-spir ... dianapolis
“When Spirit announced in December it would enter the Indianapolis market, Kirby said, the airline had Tampa and Fort Myers in mind as additional destinations.

“We already had in the back of our mind that we would start with additional markets if we saw strong demand out of the gate,” Kirby said.

That turned out to be the case, Kirby said—most of the Las Vegas and Orlando flights from Indianapolis for the next few weeks are already fully booked.”

“When it enters a new market, Spirit’s strategy is to start with its strongest destinations, Kirby said. Orlando and Las Vegas are Spirit’s No. 2 and No. 3 markets, respectively.

Spirit's top market is Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Kirby said, but the airline decided not to launch Indianapolis-to-Fort Lauderdale service because that Florida city is on the East Coast, which is not as popular with Indianapolis travelers.

“The Indianapolis marketplace really likes the west coast [of Florida],” Kirby said.”

"We've seen such strong embracement of our service that we have confidence that we can continue to expand at Indianapolis," Kirby said

“IND officials said the airport awarded Spirit the New Entrant Carrier incentive, a package that includes $50,000 in marketing support.”

“Airport officials announced last month that passenger traffic has increased to a record 9.4 million passengers in 2018. The addition of new routes is a focus for the airport, which added a nonstop flight to Paris last year and indicated it would seek international air service to the Asia-Pacific and Cancun, Mexico.”

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos