• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 10
 
User avatar
DL757NYC
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:07 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:21 am

I supposed If Delta wanted to they could find a shop to overhaul the MD-90 engines. It has a large fleet where a shop may do the overhauls to gain other contracts with Delta. My father sometimes does small jobs for a large client where the money isn’t worth it. However the other business that comes in from the client make it more than worth his effort. I don’t know if that scenario can take place. The MD-90’s are very young for the type of aircraft. They aren’t even middle aged as far as cycles are concerned. Then again Delta could easily replace them with second hand 737’s or A320’s.
 
777Mech
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:27 am

DL757NYC wrote:
I supposed If Delta wanted to they could find a shop to overhaul the MD-90 engines. It has a large fleet where a shop may do the overhauls to gain other contracts with Delta. My father sometimes does small jobs for a large client where the money isn’t worth it. However the other business that comes in from the client make it more than worth his effort. I don’t know if that scenario can take place. The MD-90’s are very young for the type of aircraft. They aren’t even middle aged as far as cycles are concerned. Then again Delta could easily replace them with second hand 737’s or A320’s.


Getting a shop that's willing to pay the money to get certified to overhaul the D5 is going to be hard pressed since it's an orphan engine. In the case of Air New Zealand, they can overhaul the D5, but in the space of that D5 they can make more money overhauling other V2500s that are of a common type.

Basically having the D5 capability is expensive, and they're passing that cost onto DL.

Delta is going to have to make a hard decision on the MD-90s relatively soon, whether it's to bring the D5 motor in house and fly the -90 past 2025, or just scrap the fleet.

I do think it will be the latter, and the writing is on the wall that ANZ wants no part of D5 overhauls anymore.
 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:48 pm

Looks like 7006 was in MSP Feb 6-17. That's generally long enough to get the C+ mods. Can anyone confirm?

TW870 wrote:
N515cr-

Thanks as always for compiling this informative list. Is there a reason that you don't put the A220 on the airbus list? I am guessing it is because it is a totally new fleet and not being refurbished. But since the 739 and 321 inductions are on there, I figured it would make sense to put the 220 on there. Either way, thanks again.

As for the MD-90 conversation, I know that upper management is saying they will re-enter, but I am also skeptical - especially now that the A220 delivery rate seems to be ramping up and they have already started to-off orders with the bump to 90 firm. The dollar figures for V2500 overhauls floating around these threads are very, very large, and if those figures are anywhere near correct I just can't see spending that kind of cash when they are basically getting a 739 and a 321 every week, and a 220 every other week. If the economy stays very strong I can imagine it would happen, but as others have said, the playing field has changed a lot since they originally conceived the MD-90 second hand program.


Thanks! Re A220s, no real reason other than I frankly haven't had time to mess with it. Will look into it as I get some time.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 3805
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:10 pm

n515cr wrote:
Looks like 7006 was in MSP Feb 6-17. That's generally long enough to get the C+ mods. Can anyone confirm?

Negative. Damage from tow equipment.
 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:42 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
n515cr wrote:
Looks like 7006 was in MSP Feb 6-17. That's generally long enough to get the C+ mods. Can anyone confirm?

Negative. Damage from tow equipment.

Ok thanks for clarifying!
 
TropicalSky
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:34 pm

 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:09 pm

3069 showing an exit from MCI today: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n369dn
 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:58 pm

3610 RTS today: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N310DE. 737-700 2Ku mods complete.
 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:43 pm

3917 has left MCI post-induction and should enter service tomorrow. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N917DU. Expect it to have scimitars.
3918 should exit soon.
 
PotatoPappas
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:57 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:59 am

n515cr wrote:
3917 has left MCI post-induction and should enter service tomorrow. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N917DU. Expect it to have scimitars.
3918 should exit soon.


Do you know why some of them didn't receive scimitars?
 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:17 am

PotatoPappas wrote:
n515cr wrote:
3917 has left MCI post-induction and should enter service tomorrow. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N917DU. Expect it to have scimitars.
3918 should exit soon.


Do you know why some of them didn't receive scimitars?

I can't remember off-hand, but I have heard that retrofits will begin for those that do not have them this year.

3017 showing induction exit tomorrow.
 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:10 pm

7006 RTS today with C+: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N865DA
7001 appears to be the next in for C+: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N860DA
7004 - not sure when she'll RTS. Has been in ATL since 2/17.
 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:59 pm

n515cr wrote:
3017 showing induction exit tomorrow.


Correction, 3071...

n515cr wrote:
7006 RTS today with C+: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N865DA
7001 appears to be the next in for C+: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N860DA
7004 - not sure when she'll RTS. Has been in ATL since 2/17.


7006 is back in service. Seatmap showing 212 in Y.
 
audidudi
Posts: 2064
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:34 pm

n515cr wrote:
7001 appears to be the next in for C+: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N860DA
7004 - not sure when she'll RTS. Has been in ATL since 2/17.

7001 is off to CDG later today, though it still could be next to go in. I saw 7004 at TechOps last night; it was still inside, and didn't look ready to exit yet!
 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:54 pm

3918 is back in service: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N918DU

audidudi wrote:
n515cr wrote:
7001 appears to be the next in for C+: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N860DA
7004 - not sure when she'll RTS. Has been in ATL since 2/17.

7001 is off to CDG later today, though it still could be next to go in. I saw 7004 at TechOps last night; it was still inside, and didn't look ready to exit yet!


Now looking like 7002 could be in for C+ rather than 7001, but I don't know.
Anybody know what's going on with 7004?
 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:38 pm

 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:00 pm

n515cr wrote:

Delivery ferry cancelled.

*******************************************************************************************
Fleet Mod Status 28 Feb 2019


777-200ER/LR Conversions to 7CD/7HB (J28W48Y220)
777-200ER (interim 7HD, final 7CD): 5/6 7HD (+1 in mod), 2/8 7CD (+1 in mod)
N860DA 7001 (entered Jan 1 2019; finished Feb 2 2019)
N861DA 7002 (entered Jan 10 2019; finished Feb 17 2019)
N862DA 7003 (entered Nov 28 2018; finished Jan 5 2019)
N863DA 7004 (entered Feb 17 2018; finished Jun 6 2018). ATL 2/17 for C+ mod
N864DA 7005 (entered Sep 18 2018; finished Oct 22 2018)
N865DA 7006 (entered Nov 16 2018; finished Dec 18 2018). C+
N866DA 7007 (entered Oct 24 2018; finished Nov 27 2018). C+
N867DA 7008 (entered Feb 4 2019; est. exit Mar 15 2019)

777-200LR (becomes 7HB, final 7CB): 1/1 7HB, 0/10 7CB (+1 in mod)
N701DN 7101
N702DN 7102
N703DN 7103
N704DK 7104
N705DN 7105 (entered Feb 25 2019; est. exit Mar 29 2019)
N706DN 7106 (entered Sep 6 2018; finished Nov 1 2018)
N707DN 7107
N708DN 7108
N709DN 7109
N710DN 7110


757 Status [Complete]
757-300: Complete (5801-5816)
75E -> 75S: Complete (6801-6818)
75A/75M -> 75H: Complete (5635-5649)
757/75X -> 75C: Complete (649-652, 654-655, 661-664, 666)
757/75X/75M -> 75D: Complete (658-660, 665, 667-676, 678-699, 5650-5657, 6700-6717)
Ex-Shanghai -> 75G: Complete (6819-6823)

Current configurations:
75S – C16W44Y108 (PMDL, International/JFK-CA, flatbeds in C, Satellite WiFi, PTVs)
75D – F20W29Y150 (AVOD/Sat TV, ISP, WiFi, new lavs/galleys/bins/PSUs/LED lighting)
75H – F20W29Y150 (AVOD/Sat TV, ISP, Satellite WiFi, new lavs/galleys/bins/PSUs/LED lighting, ETOPS)
75P – F20W41Y132 (AVOD/Sat TV, ISP, WiFi, new lavs/seats/galleys/bins/PSUs/LED lighting, winglets, and ETOPS)
75C – F72 (NBA/Charter configuration)


737 Status
73W – LED mood lighting, soft bulkhead between Y and F, 2Ku
738 – AVOD, updated lavs, and LED cabin lighting, 2Ku
739 – scimitar winglets (not all), Sat TV, 2Ku eventually

73W Cabin Refresh (3601-3610): 10/10 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi

737-800 Mods
738: 43/43 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi (3701-4743)
73H: 30/30 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi (3744-3773)
73A v2 (Ex-GOL) IFE/ISP mods: 4/4 complete. All have Sky Interior and 2Ku WiFi (3774-3777)

737-900ER Scimitar Upgrades/Sat TV/Induction: 82/130 complete, 36 without scimitar upgrade, 11 on order, 1 in mod. All have 2Ku WiFi (3801-3918)
N919DU 3919 (entered Feb 21, 2018; est. exit Mar 6, 2019) 2Ku WiFi


Airbus Mods/Induction
A220-100: induction (F12W15Y82), 2Ku
A319: F12W18Y96 -> F12W18Y102, AVOD, 2Ku
A320: F12W18Y120 -> P1: F16W18Y126 / P2: F16W18Y123
A321: induction (F20W29Y140), 2Ku

A220-100: 5/40, 1 in mod (8101-05)
N106DU 8106 Entered Feb 22, 2019; est. exit Mar 1, 2019
N107DU 8107 Showing delivery March 1

A319: 57 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi, (3101-3102, 3114-3149, 3151-3155, 3157-3166, 3168-3171)

A320: 62 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi, (3209, 3212, 3217, 3219-3245, 3247-3278)

A320s retirements: 7: (3210-3211, 3213-3216, 3218)

A321: 70/127, 0 in mod, (3001-3069, 3071)


B717 Mods: 91/91 complete (incl. 3 parked), (9500-9589, 9594)
Mods: DL seating config, WiFi, ISP


MD-90s: 65 total
Active MD-90s: 38
N906DA 9206
N907DA 9207
N908DA 9208
N909DA 9209
N910DN 9210
N911DA 9211
N912DN 9212
N913DN 9213
N914DN 9214
N915DN 9215
N916DN 9216
N917DN 9217
N918DH 9218
N919DN 9219
N920DN 9220
N921DN 9221
N922DX 9222
N923DN 9223
N924DN 9224
N925DN 9225
N926DH 9226
N927DN 9227
N928DN 9228
N929DN 9229
N930DN 9230
N931DN 9231
N934DN 9234
N935DN 9235
N936DN 9236
N941DN 9241
N946DN 9246
N947DN 9247
N950DN 9250
N951DN 9251
N952DN 9252
N960DN 9260
N962DN 9262
N963DN 9263

Inactive MD-90s: 27 (w/ storage/retirement date)
N901DA 9201 10/1/2018
N902DA 9202 6/25/2017
N903DA 9203 9/2/2017
N904DA 9204 7/15/2018
N905DA 9205 1/5/2019
N932DN 9232 12/24/2017
N933DN 9233 8/29/2018
N937DN 9237 8/13/2018
N938DN 9238 11/12/2018
N939DN 9239 11/15/2018
N940DN 9240 1/4/2019
N942DN 9242 2/3/2019
N943DN 9243 1/3/2019
N944DN 9244 12/12/2018
N945DN 9245 2/14/2019
N948DN 9248 10/14/2018
N949DN 9249 11/15/2018
N953DN 9253 6/3/2018
N954DN 9254 5/12/2018
N955DN 9255 4/15/2018
N956DN 9256 1/3/2018
N957DN 9257 2/28/2018
N958DN 9258 10/1/2017
N959DN 9259 1/15/2018
N961DN 9261 3/23/2018
N964DN 9264 2/28/2018
N965DN 9265 7/11/2018


MD-88s: 120 total
Active MD-88s: 79
N904DL 904
N905DL 905
N906DL 906
N907DL 907
N908DL 908
N910DL 910
N911DL 911
N912DL 912
N913DL 913
N915DL 915
N916DL 916
N917DL 917
N922DL 922
N947DL 947
N949DL 949
N953DL 953
N955DL 955
N956DL 956
N957DL 957
N958DL 958
N959DL 959
N960DL 960
N961DL 961
N962DL 962
N963DL 963
N964DL 964
N965DL 965
N966DL 966
N967DL 967
N968DL 968
N969DL 969
N970DL 970
N971DL 971
N972DL 972
N973DL 973
N974DL 974
N975DL 975
N976DL 976
N977DL 977
N978DL 978
N979DL 979
N980DL 980
N981DL 981
N982DL 982
N983DL 983
N984DL 984
N985DL 985
N986DL 986
N987DL 987
N988DL 988
N989DL 989
N990DL 990
N991DL 991
N992DL 992
N993DL 993
N994DL 994
N995DL 995
N996DL 996
N997DL 997
N998DL 998
N999DN 999
N900DE 9000
N901DE 9001
N902DE 9002
N903DE 9003
N904DE 9004
N905DE 9005
N906DE 9006
N907DE 9007
N908DE 9008
N909DE 9009
N910DE 9010
N911DE 9011
N912DE 9012
N913DE 9013
N915DE 9015
N916DE 9016
N918DE 9018
N920DE 9020

Inactive MD-88s: 41 (w/ storage/retirement date)
N901DL 901 2007
N902DL 902
N903DL 903 2008
N909DL 909 3/05/2015 (written off)
N914DL 914 8/25/2018
N918DL 918 7/07/2018
N919DL 919 3/25/2018
N920DL 920 10/30/2017
N921DL 921 8/19/2018
N923DL 923 3/22/2018
N924DL 924 10/30/2018
N925DL 925 9/15/2017
N926DL 926 5/29/2018
N927DA 927 8/10/2018
N928DL 928 8/28/2017
N929DL 929 1/05/2018
N930DL 930 12/02/2017
N931DL 931 5/11/2018
N932DL 932 9/15/2018
N933DL 933 9/28/2018
N934DL 934 7/01/2018
N935DL 935 11/21/2018
N936DL 936 12/9/2018
N937DL 937 12/21/2018
N938DL 938 11/1/2018
N939DL 939 9/23/2018
N940DL 940 11/13/2017
N941DL 941 9/18/2018
N942DL 942 9/7/2018
N943DL 943 10/31/2018
N944DL 944 11/2/2018
N945DL 945 11/18/2018
N946DL 946 12/15/2018
N948DL 948 1/19/2019
N950DL 950 1/28/2019
N951DL 951 2/18/2019
N952DL 952 1/3/2019
N954DL 954 2/15/2019
N914DE 9014 9/07/2017
N917DE 9017 10/20/2017
N919DE 9019 7/20/2018
Last edited by n515cr on Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
777Mech
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:08 pm

n515cr wrote:
n515cr wrote:

Delivery ferry cancelled.

*******************************************************************************************
Fleet Mod Status 28 Feb 2019


777-200ER/LR Conversions to 7CD/7HB (J28W48Y220)
777-200ER (interim 7HD, final 7CD): 5/6 7HD (+1 in mod), 2/8 7CD (+1 in mod)
N860DA 7001 (entered Jan 1 2019; finished Feb 2 2019)
N861DA 7002 (entered Jan 10 2019; finished Feb 17 2019)
N862DA 7003 (entered Nov 28 2018; finished Jan 5 2019)
N863DA 7004 (entered Feb 17 2018; finished Jun 6 2018). ATL 2/17 for C+ mod
N864DA 7005 (entered Sep 18 2018; finished Oct 22 2018)
N865DA 7006 (entered Nov 16 2018; finished Dec 18 2018). C+
N866DA 7007 (entered Oct 24 2018; finished Nov 27 2018). C+
N867DA 7008 (entered Feb 4 2019; est. exit Mar 15 2019)

777-200LR (becomes 7HB, final 7CB): 1/10 7HB (+1 in mod)
N701DN 7101
N702DN 7102
N703DN 7103
N704DK 7104 (entered Feb 25 2019; est. exit Mar 29 2019)
N705DN 7105
N706DN 7106 (entered Sep 6 2018; finished Nov 1 2018)
N707DN 7107
N708DN 7108
N709DN 7109
N710DN 7110


7104 is currently flying ATL-PVG, it should be 7105 that's in SIN currently.

Also the C+ mod should be taking place in SIN now, so they should be delivered as 7CBs.

I'm not sure about 7008, but we can just check the seat map on exit.
 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:19 pm

777Mech wrote:
7104 is currently flying ATL-PVG, it should be 7105 that's in SIN currently.

Also the C+ mod should be taking place in SIN now, so they should be delivered as 7CBs.

I'm not sure about 7008, but we can just check the seat map on exit.


Thanks. It has been one of those days. So 7106 will be the only 7HB. Any idea on the extra time with 7004?
 
NateGreat
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:22 pm

n515cr wrote:
n515cr wrote:

Delivery ferry cancelled.

*******************************************************************************************
Fleet Mod Status 28 Feb 2019


777-200ER/LR Conversions to 7CD/7HB (J28W48Y220)
777-200ER (interim 7HD, final 7CD): 5/6 7HD (+1 in mod), 2/8 7CD (+1 in mod)
N860DA 7001 (entered Jan 1 2019; finished Feb 2 2019)
N861DA 7002 (entered Jan 10 2019; finished Feb 17 2019)
N862DA 7003 (entered Nov 28 2018; finished Jan 5 2019)
N863DA 7004 (entered Feb 17 2018; finished Jun 6 2018). ATL 2/17 for C+ mod
N864DA 7005 (entered Sep 18 2018; finished Oct 22 2018)
N865DA 7006 (entered Nov 16 2018; finished Dec 18 2018). C+
N866DA 7007 (entered Oct 24 2018; finished Nov 27 2018). C+
N867DA 7008 (entered Feb 4 2019; est. exit Mar 15 2019)

777-200LR (becomes 7HB, final 7CB): 1/1 7HB, 0/10 7CB (+1 in mod)
N701DN 7101
N702DN 7102
N703DN 7103
N704DK 7104
N705DN 7105 (entered Feb 25 2019; est. exit Mar 29 2019)
N706DN 7106 (entered Sep 6 2018; finished Nov 1 2018)
N707DN 7107
N708DN 7108
N709DN 7109
N710DN 7110


757 Status [Complete]
757-300: Complete (5801-5816)
75E -> 75S: Complete (6801-6818)
75A/75M -> 75H: Complete (5635-5649)
757/75X -> 75C: Complete (649-652, 654-655, 661-664, 666)
757/75X/75M -> 75D: Complete (658-660, 665, 667-676, 678-699, 5650-5657, 6700-6717)
Ex-Shanghai -> 75G: Complete (6819-6823)

Current configurations:
75S – C16W44Y108 (PMDL, International/JFK-CA, flatbeds in C, Satellite WiFi, PTVs)
75D – F20W29Y150 (AVOD/Sat TV, ISP, WiFi, new lavs/galleys/bins/PSUs/LED lighting)
75H – F20W29Y150 (AVOD/Sat TV, ISP, Satellite WiFi, new lavs/galleys/bins/PSUs/LED lighting, ETOPS)
75P – F20W41Y132 (AVOD/Sat TV, ISP, WiFi, new lavs/seats/galleys/bins/PSUs/LED lighting, winglets, and ETOPS)
75C – F72 (NBA/Charter configuration)


737 Status
73W – LED mood lighting, soft bulkhead between Y and F, 2Ku
738 – AVOD, updated lavs, and LED cabin lighting, 2Ku
739 – scimitar winglets (not all), Sat TV, 2Ku eventually

73W Cabin Refresh (3601-3610): 10/10 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi

737-800 Mods
738: 43/43 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi (3701-4743)
73H: 30/30 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi (3744-3773)
73A v2 (Ex-GOL) IFE/ISP mods: 4/4 complete. All have Sky Interior and 2Ku WiFi (3774-3777)

737-900ER Scimitar Upgrades/Sat TV/Induction: 82/130 complete, 36 without scimitar upgrade, 11 on order, 1 in mod. All have 2Ku WiFi (3801-3918)
N919DU 3919 (entered Feb 21, 2018; est. exit Mar 6, 2019) 2Ku WiFi


Airbus Mods/Induction
A220-100: induction (F12W15Y82), 2Ku
A319: F12W18Y96 -> F12W18Y102, AVOD, 2Ku
A320: F12W18Y120 -> P1: F16W18Y126 / P2: F16W18Y123
A321: induction (F20W29Y140), 2Ku

A220-100: 5/40, 1 in mod (8101-05)
N106DU 8106 Entered Feb 22, 2019; est. exit Mar 1, 2019
N107DU 8107 Showing delivery March 1

A319: 57 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi, (3101-3102, 3114-3149, 3151-3155, 3157-3166, 3168-3171)

A320: 62 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi, (3209, 3212, 3217, 3219-3245, 3247-3278)

A320s retirements: 7: (3210-3211, 3213-3216, 3218)

A321: 70/127, 0 in mod, (3001-3069, 3071)


B717 Mods: 91/91 complete (incl. 3 parked), (9500-9589, 9594)
Mods: DL seating config, WiFi, ISP


MD-90s: 65 total
Active MD-90s: 38
N906DA 9206
N907DA 9207
N908DA 9208
N909DA 9209
N910DN 9210
N911DA 9211
N912DN 9212
N913DN 9213
N914DN 9214
N915DN 9215
N916DN 9216
N917DN 9217
N918DH 9218
N919DN 9219
N920DN 9220
N921DN 9221
N922DX 9222
N923DN 9223
N924DN 9224
N925DN 9225
N926DH 9226
N927DN 9227
N928DN 9228
N929DN 9229
N930DN 9230
N931DN 9231
N934DN 9234
N935DN 9235
N936DN 9236
N941DN 9241
N946DN 9246
N947DN 9247
N950DN 9250
N951DN 9251
N952DN 9252
N960DN 9260
N962DN 9262
N963DN 9263

Inactive MD-90s: 27 (w/ storage/retirement date)
N901DA 9201 10/1/2018
N902DA 9202 6/25/2017
N903DA 9203 9/2/2017
N904DA 9204 7/15/2018
N905DA 9205 1/5/2019
N932DN 9232 12/24/2017
N933DN 9233 8/29/2018
N937DN 9237 8/13/2018
N938DN 9238 11/12/2018
N939DN 9239 11/15/2018
N940DN 9240 1/4/2019
N942DN 9242 2/3/2019
N943DN 9243 1/3/2019
N944DN 9244 12/12/2018
N945DN 9245 2/14/2019
N948DN 9248 10/14/2018
N949DN 9249 11/15/2018
N953DN 9253 6/3/2018
N954DN 9254 5/12/2018
N955DN 9255 4/15/2018
N956DN 9256 1/3/2018
N957DN 9257 2/28/2018
N958DN 9258 10/1/2017
N959DN 9259 1/15/2018
N961DN 9261 3/23/2018
N964DN 9264 2/28/2018
N965DN 9265 7/11/2018


MD-88s: 120 total
Active MD-88s: 79
N904DL 904
N905DL 905
N906DL 906
N907DL 907
N908DL 908
N910DL 910
N911DL 911
N912DL 912
N913DL 913
N915DL 915
N916DL 916
N917DL 917
N922DL 922
N947DL 947
N949DL 949
N953DL 953
N955DL 955
N956DL 956
N957DL 957
N958DL 958
N959DL 959
N960DL 960
N961DL 961
N962DL 962
N963DL 963
N964DL 964
N965DL 965
N966DL 966
N967DL 967
N968DL 968
N969DL 969
N970DL 970
N971DL 971
N972DL 972
N973DL 973
N974DL 974
N975DL 975
N976DL 976
N977DL 977
N978DL 978
N979DL 979
N980DL 980
N981DL 981
N982DL 982
N983DL 983
N984DL 984
N985DL 985
N986DL 986
N987DL 987
N988DL 988
N989DL 989
N990DL 990
N991DL 991
N992DL 992
N993DL 993
N994DL 994
N995DL 995
N996DL 996
N997DL 997
N998DL 998
N999DN 999
N900DE 9000
N901DE 9001
N902DE 9002
N903DE 9003
N904DE 9004
N905DE 9005
N906DE 9006
N907DE 9007
N908DE 9008
N909DE 9009
N910DE 9010
N911DE 9011
N912DE 9012
N913DE 9013
N915DE 9015
N916DE 9016
N918DE 9018
N920DE 9020

Inactive MD-88s: 41 (w/ storage/retirement date)
N901DL 901 2007
N902DL 902
N903DL 903 2008
N909DL 909 3/05/2015 (written off)
N914DL 914 8/25/2018
N918DL 918 7/07/2018
N919DL 919 3/25/2018
N920DL 920 10/30/2017
N921DL 921 8/19/2018
N923DL 923 3/22/2018
N924DL 924 10/30/2018
N925DL 925 9/15/2017
N926DL 926 5/29/2018
N927DA 927 8/10/2018
N928DL 928 8/28/2017
N929DL 929 1/05/2018
N930DL 930 12/02/2017
N931DL 931 5/11/2018
N932DL 932 9/15/2018
N933DL 933 9/28/2018
N934DL 934 7/01/2018
N935DL 935 11/21/2018
N936DL 936 12/9/2018
N937DL 937 12/21/2018
N938DL 938 11/1/2018
N939DL 939 9/23/2018
N940DL 940 11/13/2017
N941DL 941 9/18/2018
N942DL 942 9/7/2018
N943DL 943 10/31/2018
N944DL 944 11/2/2018
N945DL 945 11/18/2018
N946DL 946 12/15/2018
N948DL 948 1/19/2019
N950DL 950 1/28/2019
N951DL 951 2/18/2019
N952DL 952 1/3/2019
N954DL 954 2/15/2019
N914DE 9014 9/07/2017
N917DE 9017 10/20/2017
N919DE 9019 7/20/2018

Could you start adding onto these updates the status of the 767-400ER mods? Also, isn’t the first 764 still on track to exit mods in April?
 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:43 pm

Sure, next go-round. Late March / early April I believe.
 
777Mech
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:06 am

n515cr wrote:
777Mech wrote:
7104 is currently flying ATL-PVG, it should be 7105 that's in SIN currently.

Also the C+ mod should be taking place in SIN now, so they should be delivered as 7CBs.

I'm not sure about 7008, but we can just check the seat map on exit.


Thanks. It has been one of those days. So 7106 will be the only 7HB. Any idea on the extra time with 7004?


Right. 7106 should be entering ATL in the coming days for P2, taking 7004's spot.
As for 7004, it's getting some extra maintenance done, but it will have C+ on exit.
 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:29 pm

 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:42 am

7004 showing RTS tomorrow
7106 is in ATL for C+ mods since yesterday.
 
777Mech
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:26 am

n515cr wrote:
7004 showing RTS tomorrow
7106 is in ATL for C+ mods since yesterday.


It'll be in ATL for a couple of weeks at least like 7004.
 
TropicalSky
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:48 am

Anyone has pics of the new configurations moving from 7HB-7CD

777Mech wrote:
n515cr wrote:
7004 showing RTS tomorrow
7106 is in ATL for C+ mods since yesterday.


It'll be in ATL for a couple of weeks at least like 7004.
 
justplanesmart
Posts: 707
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2001 3:25 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:23 am

Saw N916DU & N918DU today and can confirm both aircraft have split-scimitars. N917DU came in late Friday night, so I was not able to see its status regarding scimitars.
"So many planes; so little time..."
 
777Mech
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:55 am

justplanesmart wrote:
Saw N916DU & N918DU today and can confirm both aircraft have split-scimitars. N917DU came in late Friday night, so I was not able to see its status regarding scimitars.


The remaining 739s to be delivered will have SSWs installed.
 
flyboy80
Posts: 2014
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2001 8:10 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:49 pm

Supposedly the A321n begin arriving in mid to late 2020? When will the A321 deliveries be wrapping up- I presume around the same time? Delta's 321 configuration with space flex aft galley and lavatory complex and It's been rumored the 321N will have a standard airbus galley. I know the exit plan will be different without the 2L/R doors. Will Delta be reconfiguring the 321ceo as they take delivery to match the neo in configuration? It seems it would be a headache to operate 300 plus aircraft with two different configurations and catering specifications etc. I would also expect Delta, as proactive as they are, to implement a solution to the 321s lack of carry-on capability. I believe AA is installing the after market space bins on all 321s.
 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:18 pm

 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:53 pm

 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:21 am

 
pezzy669
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:43 am

DL is really drawing down the T-tails! I stopped travelling for work ~7 months ago (voluntarily) and back then I think they had only drawn down maybe a dozen of the -88's. Going to be a beige on beige spotting experience in ATL once those and the 757 are gone. Exciting days ahead said no one.
 
DeltaMD95
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:37 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:23 am

pezzy669 wrote:
Exciting days ahead said no one.


ATL is losing its personality by the week.
Did you know that a Boeing 717-200 is really a McDonnell Douglas MD95-30? ;-)
 
audidudi
Posts: 2064
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:40 am

n515cr wrote:

But it appears to still be at ATL, according to FlightAware, and has not entered service yet! DL1234 from ATL>AVL is currently operated by a B717, so I'm not sure what happened to N106DU, which according to FR24 was supposed to operate that flight yesterday!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N106DU
 
Cebo29
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:11 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:04 am

8106 in TOC2 hangar as of last night parked next to 3513
 
777Mech
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:28 am

Cebo29 wrote:
8106 in TOC2 hangar as of last night parked next to 3513


That it is, it still has to get an FDA inspection. There is one more parked out on the ramp as well.
 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:06 pm

7003 arrived in ATL yesterday and hasn't flown since. Most likely in for C+ mods. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n862da
3073 showing delivery flights ex-XFW tomorrow: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n373dx
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 5404
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:10 pm

flyboy80 wrote:
Supposedly the A321n begin arriving in mid to late 2020? When will the A321 deliveries be wrapping up- I presume around the same time?


There are supposed to be 321s delivered into 2021 - well after the first 321neo.
 
UGA777
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 3:40 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:48 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
flyboy80 wrote:
Supposedly the A321n begin arriving in mid to late 2020? When will the A321 deliveries be wrapping up- I presume around the same time?


There are supposed to be 321s delivered into 2021 - well after the first 321neo.


The last A321ceos will be delivered by the end of 2020. The fleet count will be at 97 at the end of 2019 and they have 30 to be delivered in 2020 along with a few Neos.
 
Oliver2020
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:39 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:37 pm

The final count according to the sec filings
A321 ceo 2019-32, 2020-27, 2021-3
A321-neo 2020-16 84 after plus 100 options
 
gsg013
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:17 pm

n515cr wrote:
7003 arrived in ATL yesterday and hasn't flown since. Most likely in for C+ mods. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n862da
3073 showing delivery flights ex-XFW tomorrow: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n373dx


7003 did indeed arrive into ATL yesterday on NRT-ATL N862DA we arrived just after it at terminal E. I saw it being towed later as you said believe it is getting C+ added.
 
gsg013
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:20 pm

From what we have been hearing the A220's IFE systems have been a real hit. Is there any possability that these systems could be retrofitted on some of the aircrafts that remain with the older small IFE screens? A perfect candidate for the retrofit's would be the 737-700's as they have a very dated IFE product and do happen to fly some of the longer 737 flights going transcon from ATL.
 
airlinereporter
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:34 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:54 pm

gsg013 wrote:
From what we have been hearing the A220's IFE systems have been a real hit. Is there any possability that these systems could be retrofitted on some of the aircrafts that remain with the older small IFE screens? A perfect candidate for the retrofit's would be the 737-700's as they have a very dated IFE product and do happen to fly some of the longer 737 flights going transcon from ATL.


The 767-400 will be getting the A220's IFE system, so I assume they could install it on the 737-700 as well.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 5404
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:04 pm

delete - point made by Oliver2020
 
gsg013
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:38 pm

airlinereporter wrote:
gsg013 wrote:
From what we have been hearing the A220's IFE systems have been a real hit. Is there any possability that these systems could be retrofitted on some of the aircrafts that remain with the older small IFE screens? A perfect candidate for the retrofit's would be the 737-700's as they have a very dated IFE product and do happen to fly some of the longer 737 flights going transcon from ATL.


The 767-400 will be getting the A220's IFE system, so I assume they could install it on the 737-700 as well.


Wow that would be quite something especially only having 10 737-700 in the fleet seems like not all that much investment to have essentially all 737 with an updated IFE product.
 
n515cr
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:37 pm

7002 showing RTS tomorrow on ATL-NRT: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N862DA
 
gsg013
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:50 pm

n515cr wrote:
7002 showing RTS tomorrow on ATL-NRT: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N862DA


Is it safe to say the 777 doing ATL-CDG towards the end of may will have the D1 suites? We originally booked with that segment on AF 777-300ER from JFK-CDG but now im considering changing to the ATL-CDG in D1 Suite. Are all the 777's going to be finished soon?
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 5404
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:11 pm

gsg013 wrote:
n515cr wrote:
7002 showing RTS tomorrow on ATL-NRT: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N862DA


Is it safe to say the 777 doing ATL-CDG towards the end of may will have the D1 suites? We originally booked with that segment on AF 777-300ER from JFK-CDG but now im considering changing to the ATL-CDG in D1 Suite. Are all the 777's going to be finished soon?


The final -200ER should have D1 suites within days. The refit to add back Comfort+ is likely to be done before summer flying. I would not bet all -200LRs will have suites before summer flying.
 
User avatar
compensateme
Posts: 3279
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:37 pm

gsg013 wrote:
airlinereporter wrote:
gsg013 wrote:
From what we have been hearing the A220's IFE systems have been a real hit. Is there any possability that these systems could be retrofitted on some of the aircrafts that remain with the older small IFE screens? A perfect candidate for the retrofit's would be the 737-700's as they have a very dated IFE product and do happen to fly some of the longer 737 flights going transcon from ATL.


The 767-400 will be getting the A220's IFE system, so I assume they could install it on the 737-700 as well.


Wow that would be quite something especially only having 10 737-700 in the fleet seems like not all that much investment to have essentially all 737 with an updated IFE product.


No, all of the 757, 73G and 738 that were already equipped with PTVs maintained their legacy system after they were refurbished. And most of the systems from retired 757 and 763 were pulled and recycled into aircraft being recycled (noteably, each of the 15 ex-NW 5600 series 757 delivered in ‘95 and ‘96). There’s more of them out there than what you think.

Most likely, when the early 1990s 320 and 757 are retired in the upcoming years, their (new) PTV systems will be recycled — either into secondhand aircraft purchases or late-model 737 and 757 configured with the older systems.
We don’t care what your next flight is.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 10

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos