PSU.DTW.SCE
Posts: 7178
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:45 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:46 pm

777Mech wrote:
tjerome wrote:
n515cr wrote:

Apparently, 971 is in for a check so it can cover for 977, which had a collision with a tug and is being written off.


I had a feeling that plane would be a write-off, thanks for the update.


Yeah it was bad, even worse it was supposed to be one of the last ones to go.

I'm surprised DL is letting it sit out in the open on the TOC ramp with a giant hole in it and missing an engine.

Where on the aircraft did it take a hit? Was it a hole in the fuselage or wing damage?
 
ryanov
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:38 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:17 pm

I wonder if anyone will get a photo. Must have been some collision.
 
777Mech
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:16 am

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
777Mech wrote:
tjerome wrote:

I had a feeling that plane would be a write-off, thanks for the update.


Yeah it was bad, even worse it was supposed to be one of the last ones to go.

I'm surprised DL is letting it sit out in the open on the TOC ramp with a giant hole in it and missing an engine.

Where on the aircraft did it take a hit? Was it a hole in the fuselage or wing damage?


Just behind the radome on the starboard side.
 
tjerome
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:30 am

777Mech wrote:
tjerome wrote:
n515cr wrote:

Apparently, 971 is in for a check so it can cover for 977, which had a collision with a tug and is being written off.


I had a feeling that plane would be a write-off, thanks for the update.


Yeah it was bad, even worse it was supposed to be one of the last ones to go.

I'm surprised DL is letting it sit out in the open on the TOC ramp with a giant hole in it and missing an engine.


Oh yeah I know I saw the picture... Hope they'll put an -88 at the museum someday.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3202
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:19 pm

There's a few photos of the incident, read and signs for all.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
phantom5777
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:49 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed May 01, 2019 12:24 am

Hope they'll put an -88 at the museum someday.[/quote]

WHY?
 
n515cr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed May 01, 2019 12:30 pm

8112 to enter revenue service today: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n112du

*******************************************************************************************
Fleet Mod Status 1 May 2019


777-200ER/LR Conversions to J28W48Y220
777-200ER (7CD): 8/8 complete
N860DA 7001 (entered Jan 1 2019; finished Feb 2 2019). C+
N861DA 7002 (entered Jan 10 2019; finished Feb 17 2019). C+
N862DA 7003 (entered Nov 28 2018; finished Jan 5 2019). C+
N863DA 7004 (entered Feb 17 2018; finished Jun 6 2018). C+
N864DA 7005 (entered Sep 18 2018; finished Oct 22 2018). C+
N865DA 7006 (entered Nov 16 2018; finished Dec 18 2018). C+
N866DA 7007 (entered Oct 24 2018; finished Nov 27 2018). C+
N867DA 7008 (entered Feb 4 2019; finished Mar 11 2019). C+

777-200LR (7CB): 3/10 7CB (+1 in mod)
N701DN 7101
N702DN 7102
N703DN 7103
N704DK 7104 (entered Apr 3 2018; est. exit May 6 2018). C+ during mods
N705DN 7105 (entered Feb 25 2019; finished Mar 28 2019). C+
N706DN 7106 (entered Sep 6 2018; finished Nov 1 2018). C+
N707DN 7107 (entered Mar 23 2018; finished Apr 23 2018). C+
N708DN 7108
N709DN 7109
N710DN 7110


757 Status [Complete]
757-300: Complete (5801-5816)
75E -> 75S: Complete (6801-6818)
75A/75M -> 75H: Complete (5635-5649)
757/75X -> 75C: Complete (649-652, 654-655, 661-664, 666)
757/75X/75M -> 75D: Complete (658-660, 665, 667-676, 678-699, 5650-5657, 6700-6717)
Ex-Shanghai -> 75G: Complete (6819-6823)

Current configurations:
75S – C16W44Y108 (PMDL, International/JFK-CA, flatbeds in C, Satellite WiFi, PTVs)
75D – F20W29Y150 (AVOD/Sat TV, ISP, WiFi, new lavs/galleys/bins/PSUs/LED lighting)
75H – F20W29Y150 (AVOD/Sat TV, ISP, Satellite WiFi, new lavs/galleys/bins/PSUs/LED lighting, ETOPS)
75P – F20W41Y132 (AVOD/Sat TV, ISP, WiFi, new lavs/seats/galleys/bins/PSUs/LED lighting, winglets, and ETOPS)
75C – F72 (NBA/Charter configuration)


737 Status
73W – LED mood lighting, soft bulkhead between Y and F, 2Ku
738 – AVOD, updated lavs, and LED cabin lighting, 2Ku
739 – scimitar winglets (not all), Sat TV, 2Ku eventually

73W Cabin Refresh (3601-3610): 10/10 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi

737-800 Mods
738: 43/43 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi (3701-4743)
73H: 30/30 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi (3744-3773)
73A v2 (Ex-GOL) IFE/ISP mods: 4/4 complete. All have Sky Interior and 2Ku WiFi (3774-3777)

737-900ER Scimitar Upgrades/Sat TV/Induction: 87/130 complete, 36 without scimitar upgrade, 5 on order, 2 in mod. All have 2Ku WiFi (3801-3923)
N924DZ 3924 Entered Apr 29, 2019; est. exit May 12, 2019
N925DZ 3925 Entered Apr 30, 2019; est. exit May 13, 2019


Airbus Mods/Induction
A220-100: induction (F12W15Y82), 2Ku
A319: F12W18Y96 -> F12W18Y102, AVOD, 2Ku
A320: F12W18Y120 -> P1: F16W18Y126 / P2: F16W18Y123
A321: induction (F20W29Y140), 2Ku

A220-100: 101/40, 1 @ ATL for induction (8101-07, 8109-10, 8112)
N108DQ 8108 Entered Apr 26, 2019; est. exit May 5, 2019

A319: 57 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi, (3101-3102, 3114-3149, 3151-3155, 3157-3166, 3168-3171)

A320: 62 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi, (3209, 3212, 3217, 3219-3245, 3247-3278)

A320s retirements: 7: (3210-3211, 3213-3216, 3218)

A321: 76/127, 1 in mod, (3001-3075, 3077)
N376DN 3076 Entered Apr 26, 2019; est exit May 7, 2019


MD Fleet Status
B717 Mods: 91/91 complete (incl. 3 parked), (9500-9589, 9594)
Mods: DL seating config, WiFi, ISP

MD-90s: 65 total
Active MD-90s: 37
N906DA 9206
N907DA 9207
N908DA 9208
N909DA 9209
N910DN 9210
N911DA 9211
N912DN 9212
N913DN 9213
N914DN 9214
N915DN 9215
N916DN 9216
N917DN 9217
N918DH 9218
N919DN 9219
N920DN 9220
N921DN 9221
N922DX 9222
N923DN 9223
N924DN 9224
N925DN 9225
N926DH 9226
N927DN 9227
N928DN 9228
N929DN 9229
N930DN 9230
N931DN 9231
N934DN 9234
N935DN 9235
N936DN 9236
N946DN 9246
N947DN 9247
N950DN 9250
N951DN 9251
N952DN 9252
N960DN 9260
N962DN 9262
N963DN 9263

Inactive MD-90s: 28 (w/ storage/retirement date)
N901DA 9201 10/1/2018
N902DA 9202 6/25/2017
N903DA 9203 9/2/2017
N904DA 9204 7/15/2018
N905DA 9205 1/5/2019
N932DN 9232 12/24/2017
N933DN 9233 8/29/2018
N937DN 9237 8/13/2018
N938DN 9238 11/12/2018
N939DN 9239 11/15/2018
N940DN 9240 1/4/2019
N941DN 9241 3/3/2019
N942DN 9242 2/3/2019
N943DN 9243 1/3/2019
N944DN 9244 12/12/2018
N945DN 9245 2/14/2019
N948DN 9248 10/14/2018
N949DN 9249 11/15/2018
N953DN 9253 6/3/2018
N954DN 9254 5/12/2018
N955DN 9255 4/15/2018
N956DN 9256 1/3/2018
N957DN 9257 2/28/2018
N958DN 9258 10/1/2017
N959DN 9259 1/15/2018
N961DN 9261 3/23/2018
N964DN 9264 2/28/2018
N965DN 9265 7/11/2018


MD-88s: 120 total
Active MD-88s: 78
N904DL 904
N905DL 905
N906DL 906
N907DL 907
N908DL 908
N910DL 910
N911DL 911
N912DL 912
N913DL 913
N915DL 915
N916DL 916
N917DL 917
N922DL 922
N947DL 947
N949DL 949
N953DL 953
N955DL 955
N956DL 956
N957DL 957
N958DL 958
N959DL 959
N960DL 960
N961DL 961
N962DL 962
N963DL 963
N964DL 964
N965DL 965
N966DL 966
N967DL 967
N968DL 968
N969DL 969
N970DL 970
N971DL 971
N972DL 972
N973DL 973
N974DL 974
N975DL 975
N976DL 976
N978DL 978
N979DL 979
N980DL 980
N981DL 981
N982DL 982
N983DL 983
N984DL 984
N985DL 985
N986DL 986
N987DL 987
N988DL 988
N989DL 989
N990DL 990
N991DL 991
N992DL 992
N993DL 993
N994DL 994
N995DL 995
N996DL 996
N997DL 997
N998DL 998
N999DN 999
N900DE 9000
N901DE 9001
N902DE 9002
N903DE 9003
N904DE 9004
N905DE 9005
N906DE 9006
N907DE 9007
N908DE 9008
N909DE 9009
N910DE 9010
N911DE 9011
N912DE 9012
N913DE 9013
N915DE 9015
N916DE 9016
N918DE 9018
N920DE 9020

Inactive MD-88s: 42 (w/ storage/retirement date)
N901DL 901 2007
N902DL 902
N903DL 903 2008
N909DL 909 3/05/2015 (written off)
N914DL 914 8/25/2018
N918DL 918 7/07/2018
N919DL 919 3/25/2018
N920DL 920 10/30/2017
N921DL 921 8/19/2018
N923DL 923 3/22/2018
N924DL 924 10/30/2018
N925DL 925 9/15/2017
N926DL 926 5/29/2018
N927DA 927 8/10/2018
N928DL 928 8/28/2017
N929DL 929 1/05/2018
N930DL 930 12/02/2017
N931DL 931 5/11/2018
N932DL 932 9/15/2018
N933DL 933 9/28/2018
N934DL 934 7/01/2018
N935DL 935 11/21/2018
N936DL 936 12/9/2018
N937DL 937 12/21/2018
N938DL 938 11/1/2018
N939DL 939 9/23/2018
N940DL 940 11/13/2017
N941DL 941 9/18/2018
N942DL 942 9/7/2018
N943DL 943 10/31/2018
N944DL 944 11/2/2018
N945DL 945 11/18/2018
N946DL 946 12/15/2018
N948DL 948 1/19/2019
N950DL 950 1/28/2019
N951DL 951 2/18/2019
N952DL 952 1/3/2019
N954DL 954 2/15/2019
N977DL 977 4/26/2019, written off due to tug collision damage
N914DE 9014 9/07/2017
N917DE 9017 10/20/2017
N919DE 9019 7/20/2018
 
PSU.DTW.SCE
Posts: 7178
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:45 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu May 02, 2019 2:28 am

phantom5777 wrote:
Hope they'll put an -88 at the museum someday.


WHY?[/quote]
DL MD-88 is to ATL as the NW DC-9 was to DTW & MSP.
Like motherhood and apple pie, the MD-88 was such a backbone for so many decades to DL's ATL domestic network it has earned a spot in aviation hall-of-fame.
While AA will always be intrinsically be linked to the MD-80, DL is easily the #2 seed.

I will miss when they are gone, but I'm enjoying the fact my flying over the past 12 months has put me on an MD-88 almost every week.

Not sure what happened, but 997 has been AOG all day to day in ICT. It flew in last night on the RON, but they had to fly in a rescue flight this morning to cover the launch flight. N997DL was still on the gate this evening and looks to be ferrying back maybe at some point late tonight,
 
TW870
Posts: 932
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu May 02, 2019 3:04 am

United857 wrote:
Oliver2020 wrote:
PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
Without being able to easily search the archives, what was the reason for the change in the A321 configuration from 192->189->191.
From what I can tell is the only significant difference at the L3/R3 exit row 26?



The first ones were delivered with 192 seats, then the last row of seats on the right side were removed to install additional space for the rear galley 189 seats, then they found room for the 2 additional seats 191 seats at door L3,R3.

The 189 seat count was announced at the time as the reduction of seat on the Md 90 (160-158 )and A320 (160-157 )to add the addition to the rear galleys.
Which I believe the article said they were removing seats to make working conditions better for the flight attendants.


To add a little bit of detail on how this was done, the 192 version had the DEF seats in rows 26+ staggered half a row behind those rows in ABC. When they enlarged the rear galley for the 189 version, row 26 DEF was removed and the remaining DEF seats in rows 27+ were moved forward half a row to align with the ABC side. Then they realized they could mirror what they already had for 26BC next to the L3 door on the other side, so they are now installing 26DE next to the R3 door for the final 191 version.


Thank you for this very helpful explanation. So now on the permanent, 191-seat version, the excellent, extra legroom seats at 3R are gone since 26D/E have been shoehorned in. 27F has more legroom (because there is no 26F), but there is no aisle access. 27A is the best seat in the area, as you can walk around 26B/C and access the aisle since 26B/C are just aft of the lavatory and it is pretty easy to step in front of them. I flew on one of the 189 seaters the other day and remarked at how nice that 3R exit row is. But away it went!
 
PSU.DTW.SCE
Posts: 7178
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:45 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu May 02, 2019 6:55 pm

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
Not sure what happened, but 997 has been AOG all day to day in ICT. It flew in last night on the RON, but they had to fly in a rescue flight this morning to cover the launch flight. N997DL was still on the gate this evening and looks to be ferrying back maybe at some point late tonight,

What's up with 997?

It was AOG all day yesterday in ICT, after having to fly in a replacement MD88 to cover the 6am departure. Then late last night it flew a ferry flight ICT-MEM at 9,000 ft. and is now at MEM.
 
Fargo
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu May 02, 2019 10:15 pm

Sorry if this has been asked, but when will DL out D1 on it's 763's and A330's?
 
e7plnr
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2001 5:30 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu May 02, 2019 11:43 pm

8108, N108DQ enters revenue service today.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N108DQ
 
audidudi
Posts: 1936
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Fri May 03, 2019 3:51 am

e7plnr wrote:
8108, N108DQ enters revenue service today.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N108DQ

It actually ferried from ATL>DFW this evening, but as of this writing there are no further flights listed. The same thing on FR24.
 
n515cr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Fri May 03, 2019 4:22 am

 
n515cr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sat May 04, 2019 3:32 am

7104 is en route SIN-NRT from 7CB mods
8108 to enter revenue service tomorrow: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n108dq
 
n7371f
Posts: 1516
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sun May 05, 2019 4:43 am

Same issue with the M9K/32K refurbishments initially - not enough room for trash. Bags on trash and recyclables taking up floor space during in-flight with no where to stuff them.

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
Without being able to easily search the archives, what was the reason for the change in the A321 configuration from 192->189->191.
From what I can tell is the only significant difference at the L3/R3 exit row 26?
 
n7371f
Posts: 1516
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sun May 05, 2019 4:46 am

In regards to the great listing job on here, it should be noted that DL 739 A/C from 3900-on do not have the "live tv" or "Dish" dome installed atop the fuselage. 3900-on use Gogo's 2Ku live TV streaming...which if you've experienced can be up to 5 minutes delay.
 
n515cr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Mon May 06, 2019 6:20 pm

9246 ferried to SBD yesterday: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n946dn
3926 showing a delivery flight tomorrow: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n926dz
 
n515cr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Tue May 07, 2019 11:36 pm

3076 showing an exit from MCI tonight: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n376dn
 
AlexBrewster03
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 2:06 am

Quick question, but have all the A320 been retrofitted with IFE and whatnot? Or are there still some frames without it?
 
bpat777
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 1999 8:21 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 2:12 am

All A320/19/21s have AVOD
 
NateGreat
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 5:16 am

Seeing that N828MH has been at CAN for a full 4 months now, any word on when it will ferry back to the States?
 
bmibaby737
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:07 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 6:43 pm

On the FAA register, on 04 September 2018, SkyWest Embraer ERJ-175LL N262SY and N265SY operating for Delta Connection, were both changed to ERJ-175LR type. Which would imply that Delta/SkyWest added another 6 seats to these aircraft.

Can anyone confirm this was the case?
 
777Mech
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed May 08, 2019 8:58 pm

NateGreat wrote:
Seeing that N828MH has been at CAN for a full 4 months now, any word on when it will ferry back to the States?


It'll be leaving CAN the 24th of May and ferry to MSP.
 
n7371f
Posts: 1516
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 4:37 am

Yes on the registration change. No on the configuration change. Doesn't mean it won't happen. There are a lot of moving parts with DL/OO right now as numerous RJ9's are being retired from DL ops, a few more RJ7's and then additional RJ8 and ES4's coming aboard. Not privy to the final configuration plan as it does have to be concrete per the ALPA plan.

bmibaby737 wrote:
On the FAA register, on 04 September 2018, SkyWest Embraer ERJ-175LL N262SY and N265SY operating for Delta Connection, were both changed to ERJ-175LR type. Which would imply that Delta/SkyWest added another 6 seats to these aircraft.

Can anyone confirm this was the case?
 
ryanov
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:38 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 5:17 am

Recently read that Delta is limiting recline on the A320 fleet as a pilot program. Does anyone know if this already happened? Article indicates they should be about halfway through, I guess.

https://www.businessinsider.com/delta-c ... 20s-2019-4

I'm not planning to book flights on this fleet.
 
bmibaby737
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:07 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 8:10 am

n7371f wrote:
Yes on the registration change. No on the configuration change. Doesn't mean it won't happen. There are a lot of moving parts with DL/OO right now as numerous RJ9's are being retired from DL ops, a few more RJ7's and then additional RJ8 and ES4's coming aboard. Not privy to the final configuration plan as it does have to be concrete per the ALPA plan.

bmibaby737 wrote:
On the FAA register, on 04 September 2018, SkyWest Embraer ERJ-175LL N262SY and N265SY operating for Delta Connection, were both changed to ERJ-175LR type. Which would imply that Delta/SkyWest added another 6 seats to these aircraft.

Can anyone confirm this was the case?


Thanks for the information, N7371F
 
jbs2886
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 12:49 pm

ryanov wrote:
Recently read that Delta is limiting recline on the A320 fleet as a pilot program. Does anyone know if this already happened? Article indicates they should be about halfway through, I guess.

https://www.businessinsider.com/delta-c ... 20s-2019-4

I'm not planning to book flights on this fleet.


That’s a reason for me to fly them, I can get work done without excess recline into my laptop.
 
NateGreat
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu May 09, 2019 5:27 pm

777Mech wrote:
NateGreat wrote:
Seeing that N828MH has been at CAN for a full 4 months now, any word on when it will ferry back to the States?


It'll be leaving CAN the 24th of May and ferry to MSP.

Will it operate any specific routes before it begins JFK/BOS-LHR in November?
 
FSDan
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Fri May 10, 2019 12:06 am

ryanov wrote:
Recently read that Delta is limiting recline on the A320 fleet as a pilot program. Does anyone know if this already happened? Article indicates they should be about halfway through, I guess.

https://www.businessinsider.com/delta-c ... 20s-2019-4

I'm not planning to book flights on this fleet.


As of this summer, DL will rarely fly the 320s on routes longer than 2-3 hours. No redeyes that I'm aware of. Is recline really necessary for these types of missions? If they decide to roll the recline limit out to the 739 and 321 fleets, then I might question the decision - those aircraft fly a majority of the redeyes these days.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
n515cr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Fri May 10, 2019 2:31 pm

3924 entered revenue service last night: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n924dz
980 expected to ferry to BYH in the next few days (currently shows cancelled on 5/12).
 
User avatar
AviatorTravis
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Fri May 10, 2019 4:30 pm

n515cr wrote:
3924 entered revenue service last night: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n924dz
980 expected to ferry to BYH in the next few days (currently shows cancelled on 5/12).



Still shows it cancelled, however May change. I also heard that 980 is going soon as well, so we will just have to wait and see.
 
MSPNWA
Posts: 3148
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:48 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Fri May 10, 2019 5:42 pm

ryanov wrote:
Recently read that Delta is limiting recline on the A320 fleet as a pilot program. Does anyone know if this already happened? Article indicates they should be about halfway through, I guess.

https://www.businessinsider.com/delta-c ... 20s-2019-4

I'm not planning to book flights on this fleet.


Have to assume its well underway by now. Good reminder not to book the A320. It's shame too with the nice new interiors.

FSDan wrote:
As of this summer, DL will rarely fly the 320s on routes longer than 2-3 hours. No redeyes that I'm aware of. Is recline really necessary for these types of missions? If they decide to roll the recline limit out to the 739 and 321 fleets, then I might question the decision - those aircraft fly a majority of the redeyes these days.


There's a fair amount of A320 flights in the 3-4 hour range in the current schedule, and I'm not seeing any major shifts for the summer. Most A320 flights are over 2 hours. Add in another 30-60 minutes of time on the plane sitting at the departing and arriving gate too. Their mission profile is very similar to the A321 (minus the occasional A321 redeye), so there's no strong reason to say it's fine on the A320 and not on the A321. And either way time is an incomplete measure of "need". Why are we applauding an airline for further reducing a comfort item?
 
FSDan
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Fri May 10, 2019 6:38 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
There's a fair amount of A320 flights in the 3-4 hour range in the current schedule, and I'm not seeing any major shifts for the summer. Most A320 flights are over 2 hours. Add in another 30-60 minutes of time on the plane sitting at the departing and arriving gate too. Their mission profile is very similar to the A321 (minus the occasional A321 redeye), so there's no strong reason to say it's fine on the A320 and not on the A321.


After searching comprehensively through DL's schedules to compile the data for the "departures by hub and aircraft type" thread, my impression is that the 321s fly many more 3+ hour flights than the 320s do. Routes like MSP/DTW/ATL-SAN/LAS/PHX are almost entirely 321, with a handful of 739s and 757s mixed in. Most SLC-East Coast routes these days are 737/321/757 routes, along with the majority of MSP/DTW/ATL-West Coast routes. Everything from NYC and BOS to destinations west of Texas is also 737/321/757 territory. Same for SEA/LAX to pretty much anywhere east of the Mississippi.

With maybe a few exceptions, the longest routes the 320s will be flying this summer are up and down the West Coast (SEA-SAN, SEA-PHX, etc.), Northeast-Florida, and East/West Coast to Texas markets (particularly AUS and DFW). The 321s operate their fair share of short hops like ATL-Florida, LAX-LAS, DTW-GRR, etc., so the average stage length for the 320s and 321s might not be too far off, but the 321s still are much more common on long missions than the 320s are.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
n7371f
Posts: 1516
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 am

Going forward it's assumed the change to the high gross weight E75 indicates a configuration change with these aircraft to standard E75. Otherwise there's little reason to pay Embraer for the weight change. I know there's a future plan as it regards to OO but I don't have the specs on which aircraft.

bmibaby737 wrote:
n7371f wrote:
Yes on the registration change. No on the configuration change. Doesn't mean it won't happen. There are a lot of moving parts with DL/OO right now as numerous RJ9's are being retired from DL ops, a few more RJ7's and then additional RJ8 and ES4's coming aboard. Not privy to the final configuration plan as it does have to be concrete per the ALPA plan.

bmibaby737 wrote:
On the FAA register, on 04 September 2018, SkyWest Embraer ERJ-175LL N262SY and N265SY operating for Delta Connection, were both changed to ERJ-175LR type. Which would imply that Delta/SkyWest added another 6 seats to these aircraft.

Can anyone confirm this was the case?


Thanks for the information, N7371F
 
ryanov
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:38 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sat May 11, 2019 6:00 am

I’ve taken plenty of flights on the A320 longer than 2 hours. I don’t always recline, but I want the option when I want it. I use a laptop plenty and I can make it work fine even if the person in front of me reclines.
 
n515cr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sat May 11, 2019 6:18 pm

3925 showing induction exit today: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n925dz
 
Cactusjuba
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:06 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sat May 11, 2019 8:54 pm

They still recline, they just "optimized" the angle by a hand full of degrees so it's less intrusive to the row behind you. It's one of those things where increasing a comfort comes at the expense of another. They changed the angle because of customer feedback that it was excessive recline. And they can continue to take customer feedback if it's too little recline angle and add some back. They probably should have just said nothing. Few people would have really noticed the change, since both angles are still pretty shallow in Main Cabin.

I personally don't feel like a recline reduction of 10° to 5° makes any difference as far a sleeping is concerned. They're both too upright when I'm tired anyway. All they're good for is good slouching posture.
 
MSPNWA
Posts: 3148
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:48 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sat May 11, 2019 10:23 pm

FSDan wrote:
After searching comprehensively through DL's schedules to compile the data for the "departures by hub and aircraft type" thread, my impression is that the 321s fly many more 3+ hour flights than the 320s do. Routes like MSP/DTW/ATL-SAN/LAS/PHX are almost entirely 321, with a handful of 739s and 757s mixed in. Most SLC-East Coast routes these days are 737/321/757 routes, along with the majority of MSP/DTW/ATL-West Coast routes. Everything from NYC and BOS to destinations west of Texas is also 737/321/757 territory. Same for SEA/LAX to pretty much anywhere east of the Mississippi.

With maybe a few exceptions, the longest routes the 320s will be flying this summer are up and down the West Coast (SEA-SAN, SEA-PHX, etc.), Northeast-Florida, and East/West Coast to Texas markets (particularly AUS and DFW). The 321s operate their fair share of short hops like ATL-Florida, LAX-LAS, DTW-GRR, etc., so the average stage length for the 320s and 321s might not be too far off, but the 321s still are much more common on long missions than the 320s are.


A way to check your suspicion is to take a sample of 10-15 frames from each fleet and browse the flights they've taken. If you do that with the A320 and A321, you'll see what I'm talking about. For example, the Northwest-Texas/Florida routes are longer than they may seem. There's no firm logic to separate the A320 and A321 and lump the A321 with the 739, unless you're trying to justify something of course. This isn't an MD-88/90 situation where there's a clear difference in mission profiles.

And like I said before, time is an incomplete measure of "need". So nit-picking that a plane goes a max of 4 hours versus 5 hours is moot. Although I'm not advocating for using it, average stage length should be an important metric in this when longest routes is already included.
 
FSDan
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Mon May 13, 2019 4:28 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
FSDan wrote:
After searching comprehensively through DL's schedules to compile the data for the "departures by hub and aircraft type" thread, my impression is that the 321s fly many more 3+ hour flights than the 320s do. Routes like MSP/DTW/ATL-SAN/LAS/PHX are almost entirely 321, with a handful of 739s and 757s mixed in. Most SLC-East Coast routes these days are 737/321/757 routes, along with the majority of MSP/DTW/ATL-West Coast routes. Everything from NYC and BOS to destinations west of Texas is also 737/321/757 territory. Same for SEA/LAX to pretty much anywhere east of the Mississippi.

With maybe a few exceptions, the longest routes the 320s will be flying this summer are up and down the West Coast (SEA-SAN, SEA-PHX, etc.), Northeast-Florida, and East/West Coast to Texas markets (particularly AUS and DFW). The 321s operate their fair share of short hops like ATL-Florida, LAX-LAS, DTW-GRR, etc., so the average stage length for the 320s and 321s might not be too far off, but the 321s still are much more common on long missions than the 320s are.


A way to check your suspicion is to take a sample of 10-15 frames from each fleet and browse the flights they've taken. If you do that with the A320 and A321, you'll see what I'm talking about. For example, the Northwest-Texas/Florida routes are longer than they may seem. There's no firm logic to separate the A320 and A321 and lump the A321 with the 739, unless you're trying to justify something of course. This isn't an MD-88/90 situation where there's a clear difference in mission profiles.


My "suspicion" isn't based on a limited sample of past data points. I looked at every flight in the DL system on a representative summer day (I do realize there are limitations to that strategy as well, but for the most part DL isn't going to drastically change the routes flown by 320s and 321s from day to day, week to week, or even month to month within a given schedule season), and that's what I'm basing my statements on - future schedules. The 320s and 321s fly some of the same routes, absolutely, but when you look at the upper end (in terms of distance) of the routes each fleet flies, there's a noticeable difference. Trust me - I did all that data collection and noticed the difference in mission profiles well before DL announced anything about reducing recline on the 320s; I'm not trying to manufacture a difference for the sake of justifying anything.

Also, as a side note, this summer there'll be less of a distinction between M88/M90 mission profiles than ever. Certainly much more differentiation between 320s and 321s now.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
EMB170
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Mon May 13, 2019 4:39 pm

n7371f wrote:
Yes on the registration change. No on the configuration change. Doesn't mean it won't happen. There are a lot of moving parts with DL/OO right now as numerous RJ9's are being retired from DL ops, a few more RJ7's and then additional RJ8 and ES4's coming aboard. Not privy to the final configuration plan as it does have to be concrete per the ALPA plan.


Can anyone confirm this was the case?
[/quote]

I'm assuming RJ7 and RJ9 represent CRJ700 and CRJ900 aircraft, respectively. What, then, are RJ8s and ES4s? Are they the CRJ900s and EMB175s that only have 70 seats?

Thanks,
EMB170
IND ORD ATL MCO PIT EWR BUF CVG DEN RNO JFK DTW BOS BDL BWI IAD RDU CLT MYR CHS TPA CID MSP STL MSY DFW IAH AUS SLC LAS
 
FSDan
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Tue May 14, 2019 12:35 am

EMB170 wrote:
I'm assuming RJ7 and RJ9 represent CRJ700 and CRJ900 aircraft, respectively. What, then, are RJ8s and ES4s? Are they the CRJ900s and EMB175s that only have 70 seats?

Thanks,
EMB170


I believe you're correct on all of that.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
n7371f
Posts: 1516
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Tue May 14, 2019 3:31 am

Yes, this is correct.

RJ8 - SkyWest 70 seat CRJ900NG
ES4 - SkyWest 70 seat E175 Enhanced

FSDan wrote:
EMB170 wrote:
I'm assuming RJ7 and RJ9 represent CRJ700 and CRJ900 aircraft, respectively. What, then, are RJ8s and ES4s? Are they the CRJ900s and EMB175s that only have 70 seats?

Thanks,
EMB170


I believe you're correct on all of that.
 
n515cr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Wed May 15, 2019 1:34 am

3081 has exited induction and is en route to MSP: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n381dz
 
n515cr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm

3079 showing a delivery flight on 5/17: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n379dn

*******************************************************************************************
Fleet Mod Status 17 May 2019


777-200ER/LR Conversions to J28W48Y220
777-200ER (7CD): 8/8 complete
N860DA 7001 (entered Jan 1 2019; finished Feb 2 2019). C+
N861DA 7002 (entered Jan 10 2019; finished Feb 17 2019). C+
N862DA 7003 (entered Nov 28 2018; finished Jan 5 2019). C+
N863DA 7004 (entered Feb 17 2018; finished Jun 6 2018). C+
N864DA 7005 (entered Sep 18 2018; finished Oct 22 2018). C+
N865DA 7006 (entered Nov 16 2018; finished Dec 18 2018). C+
N866DA 7007 (entered Oct 24 2018; finished Nov 27 2018). C+
N867DA 7008 (entered Feb 4 2019; finished Mar 11 2019). C+

777-200LR (7CB): 4/10 7CB (+0 in mod)
N701DN 7101
N702DN 7102
N703DN 7103
N704DK 7104 (entered Apr 3 2018; finished May 3 2018). C+
N705DN 7105 (entered Feb 25 2019; finished Mar 28 2019). C+
N706DN 7106 (entered Sep 6 2018; finished Nov 1 2018). C+
N707DN 7107 (entered Mar 23 2018; finished Apr 23 2018). C+
N708DN 7108
N709DN 7109
N710DN 7110


757 Status [Complete]
757-300: Complete (5801-5816)
75E -> 75S: Complete (6801-6818)
75A/75M -> 75H: Complete (5635-5649)
757/75X -> 75C: Complete (649-652, 654-655, 661-664, 666)
757/75X/75M -> 75D: Complete (658-660, 665, 667-676, 678-699, 5650-5657, 6700-6717)
Ex-Shanghai -> 75G: Complete (6819-6823)

Current configurations:
75S – C16W44Y108 (PMDL, International/JFK-CA, flatbeds in C, Satellite WiFi, PTVs)
75D – F20W29Y150 (AVOD/Sat TV, ISP, WiFi, new lavs/galleys/bins/PSUs/LED lighting)
75H – F20W29Y150 (AVOD/Sat TV, ISP, Satellite WiFi, new lavs/galleys/bins/PSUs/LED lighting, ETOPS)
75P – F20W41Y132 (AVOD/Sat TV, ISP, WiFi, new lavs/seats/galleys/bins/PSUs/LED lighting, winglets, and ETOPS)
75C – F72 (NBA/Charter configuration)


737 Status
73W – LED mood lighting, soft bulkhead between Y and F, 2Ku
738 – AVOD, updated lavs, and LED cabin lighting, 2Ku
739 – scimitar winglets (not all), Sat TV, 2Ku eventually

73W Cabin Refresh (3601-3610): 10/10 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi

737-800 Mods
738: 43/43 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi (3701-4743)
73H: 30/30 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi (3744-3773)
73A v2 (Ex-GOL) IFE/ISP mods: 4/4 complete. All have Sky Interior and 2Ku WiFi (3774-3777)

737-900ER Scimitar Upgrades/Sat TV/Induction: 89/130 complete, 36 without scimitar upgrade, 4 on order, 1 in mod. All have 2Ku WiFi (3801-3923)
N926DZ 3926 Entered May 7, 2019; est. exit May 20, 2019


Airbus Mods/Induction
A220-100: induction (F12W15Y82), 2Ku
A319: F12W18Y96 -> F12W18Y102, AVOD, 2Ku
A320: F12W18Y120 -> P1: F16W18Y126 / P2: F16W18Y123
A321: induction (F20W29Y140), 2Ku

A220-100: 11/40, 0 @ ATL for induction (8101-10, 8112)

A319: 57 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi, (3101-3102, 3114-3149, 3151-3155, 3157-3166, 3168-3171)

A320: 62 complete. All have 2Ku WiFi, (3209, 3212, 3217, 3219-3245, 3247-3278)

A320s retirements: 7: (3210-3211, 3213-3216, 3218)

A321: 78/127, 0 in mod, (3001-3077, 3081)
N379DN 3079 Delivery flight scheduled May 17

MD Fleet Status
B717 Mods: 91/91 complete (incl. 3 parked), (9500-9589, 9594)
Mods: DL seating config, WiFi, ISP

MD-90s: 65 total
Active MD-90s: 36
N906DA 9206
N907DA 9207
N908DA 9208
N909DA 9209
N910DN 9210
N911DA 9211
N912DN 9212
N913DN 9213
N914DN 9214
N915DN 9215
N916DN 9216
N917DN 9217
N918DH 9218
N919DN 9219
N920DN 9220
N921DN 9221
N922DX 9222
N923DN 9223
N924DN 9224
N925DN 9225
N926DH 9226
N927DN 9227
N928DN 9228
N929DN 9229
N930DN 9230
N931DN 9231
N934DN 9234
N935DN 9235
N936DN 9236
N947DN 9247
N950DN 9250
N951DN 9251
N952DN 9252
N960DN 9260
N962DN 9262
N963DN 9263

Inactive MD-90s: 29 (w/ storage/retirement date)
N901DA 9201 10/1/2018
N902DA 9202 6/25/2017
N903DA 9203 9/2/2017
N904DA 9204 7/15/2018
N905DA 9205 1/5/2019
N932DN 9232 12/24/2017
N933DN 9233 8/29/2018
N937DN 9237 8/13/2018
N938DN 9238 11/12/2018
N939DN 9239 11/15/2018
N940DN 9240 1/4/2019
N941DN 9241 3/3/2019
N942DN 9242 2/3/2019
N943DN 9243 1/3/2019
N944DN 9244 12/12/2018
N945DN 9245 2/14/2019
N946DN 9246 5/5/2019
N948DN 9248 10/14/2018
N949DN 9249 11/15/2018
N953DN 9253 6/3/2018
N954DN 9254 5/12/2018
N955DN 9255 4/15/2018
N956DN 9256 1/3/2018
N957DN 9257 2/28/2018
N958DN 9258 10/1/2017
N959DN 9259 1/15/2018
N961DN 9261 3/23/2018
N964DN 9264 2/28/2018
N965DN 9265 7/11/2018


MD-88s: 120 total
Active MD-88s: 77
N904DL 904
N905DL 905
N906DL 906
N907DL 907
N908DL 908
N910DL 910
N911DL 911
N912DL 912
N913DL 913
N915DL 915
N916DL 916
N917DL 917
N922DL 922
N947DL 947
N949DL 949
N953DL 953
N955DL 955
N956DL 956
N957DL 957
N958DL 958
N959DL 959
N960DL 960
N961DL 961
N962DL 962
N963DL 963
N964DL 964
N965DL 965
N966DL 966
N967DL 967
N968DL 968
N969DL 969
N970DL 970
N971DL 971
N972DL 972
N973DL 973
N974DL 974
N975DL 975
N976DL 976
N978DL 978
N979DL 979
N981DL 981
N982DL 982
N983DL 983
N984DL 984
N985DL 985
N986DL 986
N987DL 987
N988DL 988
N989DL 989
N990DL 990
N991DL 991
N992DL 992
N993DL 993
N994DL 994
N995DL 995
N996DL 996
N997DL 997
N998DL 998
N999DN 999
N900DE 9000
N901DE 9001
N902DE 9002
N903DE 9003
N904DE 9004
N905DE 9005
N906DE 9006
N907DE 9007
N908DE 9008
N909DE 9009
N910DE 9010
N911DE 9011
N912DE 9012
N913DE 9013
N915DE 9015
N916DE 9016
N918DE 9018
N920DE 9020

Inactive MD-88s: 43 (w/ storage/retirement date)
N901DL 901 2007
N902DL 902
N903DL 903 2008
N909DL 909 3/05/2015 (written off)
N914DL 914 8/25/2018
N918DL 918 7/07/2018
N919DL 919 3/25/2018
N920DL 920 10/30/2017
N921DL 921 8/19/2018
N923DL 923 3/22/2018
N924DL 924 10/30/2018
N925DL 925 9/15/2017
N926DL 926 5/29/2018
N927DA 927 8/10/2018
N928DL 928 8/28/2017
N929DL 929 1/05/2018
N930DL 930 12/02/2017
N931DL 931 5/11/2018
N932DL 932 9/15/2018
N933DL 933 9/28/2018
N934DL 934 7/01/2018
N935DL 935 11/21/2018
N936DL 936 12/9/2018
N937DL 937 12/21/2018
N938DL 938 11/1/2018
N939DL 939 9/23/2018
N940DL 940 11/13/2017
N941DL 941 9/18/2018
N942DL 942 9/7/2018
N943DL 943 10/31/2018
N944DL 944 11/2/2018
N945DL 945 11/18/2018
N946DL 946 12/15/2018
N948DL 948 1/19/2019
N950DL 950 1/28/2019
N951DL 951 2/18/2019
N952DL 952 1/3/2019
N954DL 954 2/15/2019
N977DL 977 4/26/2019, written off due to tug collision damage
N980DL 980 5/12/2019
N914DE 9014 9/07/2017
N917DE 9017 10/20/2017
N919DE 9019 7/20/2018
 
n515cr
Posts: 1547
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Delta Aircraft Refurbishment Thread - 2019

Sat May 18, 2019 9:06 pm

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos