Buffalomatt1027

Re: Upstate New York Thread - 2019

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:59 pm

maximairways wrote:
What's interesting to me about the newly opened The Club at BUF, they built it rather large and with showers. Having a good lounge is key to transatlantic service. So this may be preempting a potential service.

BDL for example opened the Escape Lounge around the time Aer Lingus began service. Though its not very big, and doesn't have showers.

Unfortunately, I do not see transatlantic service coming here anytime soon. Thomas Cook, WOW, and a couple other discount airlines seem to be struggling big time and falling into bankruptcy. Norwegian might be next. Those airlines seemed to be the type of airline that BUF would be targeting.

We know legacy carriers like Delta, Americans, United would drop dead before they would have any kind of Transatlantic service out of BNIA.

Maybe Jetblue but that seems like a stretch.

I definitely agree with you though, the way the club was designed, it was built for that type of service.

jworks158

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:45 pm

Buffalomatt1027 wrote:
maximairways wrote:
What's interesting to me about the newly opened The Club at BUF, they built it rather large and with showers. Having a good lounge is key to transatlantic service. So this may be preempting a potential service.

BDL for example opened the Escape Lounge around the time Aer Lingus began service. Though its not very big, and doesn't have showers.

Unfortunately, I do not see transatlantic service coming here anytime soon. Thomas Cook, WOW, and a couple other discount airlines seem to be struggling big time and falling into bankruptcy. Norwegian might be next. Those airlines seemed to be the type of airline that BUF would be targeting.

We know legacy carriers like Delta, Americans, United would drop dead before they would have any kind of Transatlantic service out of BNIA.

I definitely agree with you though, the way the club was designed, it was built for that type of service.

Is an Aer Lingus A321LR, or Icelandair 737MAX8 really that far of a stretch?
(A359,A343/A346,A332,A319/320/321,A220-100)(B788,B772,B762,B752,B744/B748,B732/B737/B738,B717)(E190,E145)(CRJ100/200, Dash 8-200)(MD-83)
JB,UA(C5,EV,CHQ,AX),AA(EGF,ZW,AX,PT),DL(OH,YX),FL,WN,LH,BA,AF,AZ,IB,VX,CO
https://my.flightradar24.com/theorangetechie

Buffalomatt1027

Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:09 pm

jworks158 wrote:
Buffalomatt1027 wrote:
maximairways wrote:

Is an Aer Lingus A321LR, or Icelandair 737MAX8 really that far of a stretch?

Aer Lingus only flights to major US airports besides hartford. Maybe an outside chance?

Icelandair - I know they had major cutbacks to the US due to the MAX. I wonder what will happened when the MAX comes back But again, they only show Major airports they fly out of.

I think those planes can make a direct flight though.

And this might be one of the dumbest things I will say- I think BUF / NFTA should go after an Asian and Indian air carrier. Go to Niagara falls and see the visitors that come.

SyracuseAvGeek

Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:53 pm

Amazon might be opening a distribution center in Upstate NY (near Syracuse or Albany, hasn’t been decided yet). Anyone think this could open up the possibility of new nonstop routes to the region?
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."

cosyr

Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:03 pm

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
Amazon might be opening a distribution center in Upstate NY (near Syracuse or Albany, hasn’t been decided yet). Anyone think this could open up the possibility of new nonstop routes to the region?

We might start seeing Prime Air in addition to FedEx and UPS.

aeroc

Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:21 pm

Anyone know why AA was flying a 737-800 from ROC to MSY today? Plane had ferry flight number from ORD.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL ... /KORD/KROC

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL ... /KROC/KMSY

CallmeJB

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:08 pm

aeroc wrote:
Anyone know why AA was flying a 737-800 from ROC to MSY today? Plane had ferry flight number from ORD.

A veteran's flight to the WWII museum in MSY:

https://www.garysinisefoundation.org/ev ... he-public/

aeroc

Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:08 am

CallmeJB wrote:
aeroc wrote:

A veteran's flight to the WWII museum in MSY:

https://www.garysinisefoundation.org/ev ... he-public/

This is wonderful to hear! I love seeing this. Thank you for the information.

WeatherPilot

Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:39 pm

According to a new study Syracuse Airport had the second largest decrease in average airfare costs in the country. Average airfare fell 11.1% compared to a year ago. The only other airport with a larger decrease was Long Island MacAthur where average airfare fell 18.2% over the past year. The airport with the largest increase in average airfare over the past year was Chicago-Midway at 6.6%.

Great news for SYR!!

teneriffe77

Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:52 pm

Speaking of SYR I noticed a Metro on the ground at SYR that seems to be operating long flights involving flying back and forth cross northern NY and I can't figure out who really owns it?

WeatherPilot

Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:02 pm

teneriffe77 wrote:
Speaking of SYR I noticed a Metro on the ground at SYR that seems to be operating long flights involving flying back and forth cross northern NY and I can't figure out who really owns it?

It’s probably Wiggins Airways doing cargo runs between SYR and PBG. They usually use an EMB110 but maybe they had to borrow a Metroliner from their parent company Ameriflight.

Buffalomatt1027

Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:12 am

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

The Buffalo area has an Amazon distribution center and we did not get any additional nonstops or anything even close. Prime does not fly here either.

Dalmd88

Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:36 am

Buffalomatt1027 wrote:
SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

The Buffalo area has an Amazon distribution center and we did not get any additional nonstops or anything even close. Prime does not fly here either.

The one proposed for Syracuse is massive.
https://www.syracuse.com/business/2019/ ... mazon.html

WeatherPilot

Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:37 am

Buffalomatt1027 wrote:
SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

Except the one proposed for Syracuse would be the second largest warehouse in the world.

teneriffe77

Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:09 am

If you look at flight aware the path that plane has been flying is a lot of back and forth over a long period of time so there's no way that plane is doing normal cargo flights

WeatherPilot

Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:34 am

teneriffe77 wrote:
If you look at flight aware the path that plane has been flying is a lot of back and forth over a long period of time so there's no way that plane is doing normal cargo flights

Oh, it’s doing new ‘satellite’ imagery for the area then. A lot of Google Maps, Bing Maps, Apple Maps and other private or government mapping programs actually use imagery from planes not satellites.

Buffalomatt1027

Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:49 pm

Dalmd88 wrote:
Buffalomatt1027 wrote:
SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

The one proposed for Syracuse is massive.
https://www.syracuse.com/business/2019/ ... mazon.html

Okay, did not know that. That is really cool.

ROCDLFAN

Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:27 pm

With this weeks OAG thread, it looks like AA metal is finally returning to ROC. Starting in January 2X A319 on CLT and 1X CR9. Despite the cut to 3X daily from 4X daily, that’s actually still a capacity increase of about 30 seats, and more importantly, it just makes so much more sense.
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos