Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2358
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:24 pm

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark:
to everyone commenting on BLV. Cantwell needs to grow a pair and tell G4 to stagger their flights instead of wasting even more taxpayer money
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
QXorVX
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:45 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:54 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:

24% out?! I knew PUJ was suffering, but not that much!


Someone, please explain the 24 out 93 in for PUJ. I have never understood that. Are people using connections on the way out due to the departure time of the non-stop?


The outbound was fairly early in the morning so not many connections could be fed thru STL that way. The inbound got in around 4ish, if I remember correctly, so it could bring some back. Also it was the last nonstop of the season so maybe less people were open to taking a connecting flight on the return since a nonstop wasn’t offered? Not really sure why it is SO low.


The post says one flight each way, so sounds like this is the last round trip of the season. Makes a lot of sense it would be very full bringing people home and nearly empty going down as everyone will need to connect home. This is a typical pattern of international seasonal service like this, mostly booked with tour operators and not as individual flights.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:55 am

QXorVX wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:

Someone, please explain the 24 out 93 in for PUJ. I have never understood that. Are people using connections on the way out due to the departure time of the non-stop?


The outbound was fairly early in the morning so not many connections could be fed thru STL that way. The inbound got in around 4ish, if I remember correctly, so it could bring some back. Also it was the last nonstop of the season so maybe less people were open to taking a connecting flight on the return since a nonstop wasn’t offered? Not really sure why it is SO low.


The post says one flight each way, so sounds like this is the last round trip of the season. Makes a lot of sense it would be very full bringing people home and nearly empty going down as everyone will need to connect home. This is a typical pattern of international seasonal service like this, mostly booked with tour operators and not as individual flights.


This definitely is how it works with apple vacations and those type of flights. I did figure Southwest has a pretty good chunk of people booking on their own or that would be fine with a connection coming back. Sometimes tour operators might have no return option, at least with Southwest you could get home If you took the nonstop down. But I don’t know enough background to say for sure.

It also is only one flight. Maybe it was really delayed or something and people took other flights. Hard to read to much into just one flight.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:51 pm

Allegiant has extended their schedule thru August 2020.
Jacksonville back in May 2x a week.
Myrtle Beach in June 3x a week
Others over summer (per week)
Destin 12x (double daily except Tues/Wed)
Punta Gorda/Tampa 6x
Orlando 5x
LAS/Sarasota/Fort Lauderdale 2x
Total per week 40 or +8 over last summer. Nice increase
 
dcaproducer
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:26 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:41 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Allegiant has extended their schedule thru August 2020.
Jacksonville back in May 2x a week.
Myrtle Beach in June 3x a week
Others over summer (per week)
Destin 12x (double daily except Tues/Wed)
Punta Gorda/Tampa 6x
Orlando 5x
LAS/Sarasota/Fort Lauderdale 2x
Total per week 40 or +8 over last summer. Nice increase


That's a 20% increase. Interesting.

On an odd note, just saw this job posting for a new airport director at BLV:
https://www.bnd.com/news/politics-gover ... 42448.html
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:13 pm

dcaproducer wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Allegiant has extended their schedule thru August 2020.
Jacksonville back in May 2x a week.
Myrtle Beach in June 3x a week
Others over summer (per week)
Destin 12x (double daily except Tues/Wed)
Punta Gorda/Tampa 6x
Orlando 5x
LAS/Sarasota/Fort Lauderdale 2x
Total per week 40 or +8 over last summer. Nice increase


That's a 20% increase. Interesting.

On an odd note, just saw this job posting for a new airport director at BLV:
https://www.bnd.com/news/politics-gover ... 42448.html


25% if we want to get technical
8/32=.25

But either way that big a jump surpises me after this year.
12x a week to VPS is great to see.

The airport director opening is curious.
 
dcaproducer
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:26 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:11 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
dcaproducer wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Allegiant has extended their schedule thru August 2020.
Jacksonville back in May 2x a week.
Myrtle Beach in June 3x a week
Others over summer (per week)
Destin 12x (double daily except Tues/Wed)
Punta Gorda/Tampa 6x
Orlando 5x
LAS/Sarasota/Fort Lauderdale 2x
Total per week 40 or +8 over last summer. Nice increase


That's a 20% increase. Interesting.

On an odd note, just saw this job posting for a new airport director at BLV:
https://www.bnd.com/news/politics-gover ... 42448.html


25% if we want to get technical
8/32=.25

But either way that big a jump surpises me after this year.
12x a week to VPS is great to see.

The airport director opening is curious.


Thanks for checking my math. I just took it from the 40, my error.
I think the airport is an odd operation and it will be interesting to see where it’s going.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:58 am

Another note.

Thru July BLV is at 202,000 passengers. Down 1.57% from last year thru July.

They keep saying 20% increase from last year for 2019 but I think just being positive is going to be good at this point.
 
dcaproducer
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:26 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:54 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Another note.

Thru July BLV is at 202,000 passengers. Down 1.57% from last year thru July.

They keep saying 20% increase from last year for 2019 but I think just being positive is going to be good at this point.


So if BLV did somewhere in the neighborhood of 45,000 in August, that brings them to about 247,000 through the summer season. Any idea what they did Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec last year?

2018 was 302,409. If they do their 20% increase that would be 362,890 for 2019. That means they'd need to have at least 115k passengers in the last four months of the year. Is that even possible with the flights available? I think it's very likely they can match the 2018 total.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:25 pm

2nd daily amazon flight is inbound today from CVG. In amazon paint.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:20 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
2nd daily amazon flight is inbound today from CVG. In amazon paint.

Outbound to ILN.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:58 pm

Since, I had a little time I figured out next summer which days would be the busiest and the time on the ground for each flights.

Sunday and Thursday will both have 9 flights and both days run the same schedule.

PIE 0750-0835
FLL 0915-1000
MYR 1110-1155
JAX 1133-1218
VPS 1354-1439
VPS 1448-1533
PGD 1859-1944
SFB 1937-2022
LAS 2044-2124

There are never more than two planes on the ground at one time and most of the time it is only one.

Not sure how bad they really need to add on to the terminal.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:47 pm

United's CRJ-550 will start flying from STL to Washington Dulles on March 29th.
It looks like all 3 daily flights will run on it. They had been scheduled on E135s

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... e-crj.html
 
pmanni1
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:17 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:23 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
United's CRJ-550 will start flying from STL to Washington Dulles on March 29th.
It looks like all 3 daily flights will run on it. They had been scheduled on E135s

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... e-crj.html


They start on one morning flight to ORD on 10/28 and bump up to three morning flights by next March.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:47 pm

Load Factors for July

Routes above 95% combined
G4 - LAS

Routes above 90% combined
AS - SEA
F9 - DEN/LAS/MCO
WN - CHS/RSW/LAX/LGA/OAK/MCO/PDX/SMF/SAT/SAN/SFO/SJC/SEA
UA - DEN/IAD
G4 - FLL/MYR/SFB/PGD/PIE

Full spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
 
dcaproducer
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:26 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:30 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Since, I had a little time I figured out next summer which days would be the busiest and the time on the ground for each flights.

Sunday and Thursday will both have 9 flights and both days run the same schedule.

PIE 0750-0835
FLL 0915-1000
MYR 1110-1155
JAX 1133-1218
VPS 1354-1439
VPS 1448-1533
PGD 1859-1944
SFB 1937-2022
LAS 2044-2124

There are never more than two planes on the ground at one time and most of the time it is only one.

Not sure how bad they really need to add on to the terminal.


Agree. The only think I wonder is if Allegiant has told the airport they want to add flights, but don't have the space.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Quincy has officially been approved by DOT to switch to Cape Air. So it will be back on the map.
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 707
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:00 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Quincy has officially been approved by DOT to switch to Cape Air. So it will be back on the map.


Great news! Send more of those new P2012s to STL! Can't wait to go for a ride on one soon. Such a good looking ride.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:16 am

Cape Air's 4 year extension at Marion was also approved. Adding BNA as well.

https://thesouthern.com/news/local/cape ... 0290d.html
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2358
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:31 am

Why the heck would they add BNA? Way to drivable and then reduces frequency to STL, which is important on short hops. If they wanted to add another city, it should have been ORD or ATL
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:49 am

stl07 wrote:
Why the heck would they add BNA? Way to drivable and then reduces frequency to STL, which is important on short hops. If they wanted to add another city, it should have been ORD or ATL


Owensboro did also. ATL and ORD made the subsidies/ticket prices too high. Guessing they just wanted a 2nd option to be able to say they fly to 2 airports. I think it runs 6x a day now to Marion. 1 or 2 is getting switched to Nashville. I’m not sure what it ended up being.
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 707
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:41 pm

stl07 wrote:
Why the heck would they add BNA? Way to drivable and then reduces frequency to STL, which is important on short hops. If they wanted to add another city, it should have been ORD or ATL


Totally agree. Makes no sense and I am sure that it will not do very well.
 
atrude777
Posts: 4380
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:28 am

Jshank83 wrote:
Cape Air's 4 year extension at Marion was also approved. Adding BNA as well.

https://thesouthern.com/news/local/cape ... 0290d.html


Took DOT forever to get this approved! Good Lord!

Jshank83 wrote:
Owensboro did also. ATL and ORD made the subsidies/ticket prices too high. Guessing they just wanted a 2nd option to be able to say they fly to 2 airports. I think it runs 6x a day now to Marion. 1 or 2 is getting switched to Nashville. I’m not sure what it ended up being.


Correct, it is still six daily to MWA only it’s now 4 daily to STL and 2 Daily to BNA.

stl07 wrote:
Why the heck would they add BNA? Way to drivable and then reduces frequency to STL, which is important on short hops. If they wanted to add another city, it should have been ORD or ATL


They wanted both STL and ORD, neither Skywest or Cape Air was offering that. Other airlines were offering STL and ORD but not at the frequency MWA wanted.

BNA was selected because while the drive distance was is short, the time to drive is horrendous due to traffic and construction on 24. We have many, many folks who drive to Nashville from Marion. On top of it American Airlines agreed to put their codeshare to BNA as well as STL out of MWA.

I am not happy with ththe selection myself. It should be STL six daily, split between STL and Chicago or Skywest’s 2 daily to Chicago.

In addition DOT approved CGI’s request to keep SkyWest/United for another two years with now two daily non stop flights to Chicago.

https://www.regulations.gov/contentStre ... ntType=pdf

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:59 am

^part of me is still surprised there wasn't more pushback at CGI because Air Choice One was so much cheaper. Sounds like being a single engine plane is what hurt them. Curious if Cape Air had bid if it would have been different.

I still am really curious to see what the they do with Decatur since Cape did bid it and last time they didn't let them have their skywest pick.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:59 pm

Article put out today has info on some airlines/airport managements thoughts on privatization. Most are emails from 2 years ago though.

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... yptr=yahoo
 
dcaproducer
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:26 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:51 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Article put out today has info on some airlines/airport managements thoughts on privatization. Most are emails from 2 years ago though.

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... yptr=yahoo


I think the entire privatization effort is what's stopping new airlines from entering STL. City officials don't get that. Just my outside opinion.
What would AUS or BNA look like right now if they started pursuing privatization?
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:42 pm

I hate looking too far out into a schedule because thing can and will probably change BUT

Starting Feb 13, United has a mainline A319 scheduled for one of the daily flights to Newark.

Starting June 4, it changes to 3x mainline and 2xE175.

If this actually holds it is great to see them putting bigger planes here.
 
maps4ltd
Posts: 542
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:25 pm

United filmed its CRJ-550 promo video a few days ago here in STL. It's seen parked at A21 or A19 and on the backside of the A concourse. Anyone booked on one? Seems like a nice option for STL-ORD.
Delta Gold Medallion
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2358
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:07 am

Wow, never expected UA to be the one to bulk up in STL and start caring about its product here. I guess since AA continues to cut back on inflight service and DL never adds anything despite adding new flights to every city around here, UA felt they may as well pick up some of the slack with the premium/business travelers
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
pmanni1
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:17 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:51 pm

I figured this might happen since they no longer have to share customers with WN to EWR. It was also a terrible offering to fly 50 seaters to an important business market like NYC and offer nothing but coach.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:56 pm

pmanni1 wrote:
I figured this might happen since they no longer have to share customers with WN to EWR. It was also a terrible offering to fly 50 seaters to an important business market like NYC and offer nothing but coach.


I think this is the main reason. I wasn’t sure if they would add a better product to pick up slack or just run more 50 seaters since there isn’t anymore competition. I was expecting 550s more than that much mainline. We will see if it holds.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:35 pm

 
PhilMcCrackin
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:54 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:15 am

Jshank83 wrote:


Diversion. I was wondering why a pax 744 would be coming to STL.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:43 am

PhilMcCrackin wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:


Diversion. I was wondering why a pax 744 would be coming to STL.


It isn't a diversion. It is coming into town to take the WWE wrestlers, workers, etc to Saudi Arabia for their Thursday event.
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2358
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:53 am

Jshank83 wrote:
PhilMcCrackin wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:


Diversion. I was wondering why a pax 744 would be coming to STL.


It isn't a diversion. It is coming into town to take the WWE wrestlers, workers, etc to Saudi Arabia for their Thursday event.

They have an office here?
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
STLflyer
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:08 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:58 am

stl07 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
PhilMcCrackin wrote:

Diversion. I was wondering why a pax 744 would be coming to STL.


It isn't a diversion. It is coming into town to take the WWE wrestlers, workers, etc to Saudi Arabia for their Thursday event.

They have an office here?


I think there was a WWE event here. According to Ric Flair's Twitter, it appears he may have been enjoying some of our finest ballet on the east side last night too.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:47 pm

STLflyer wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

It isn't a diversion. It is coming into town to take the WWE wrestlers, workers, etc to Saudi Arabia for their Thursday event.

They have an office here?


I think there was a WWE event here. According to Ric Flair's Twitter, it appears he may have been enjoying some of our finest ballet on the east side last night too.


Correct. WWE Raw was here last night.

Maybe that’s why it left an hour late. Lol.
 
PhilMcCrackin
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:54 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:39 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
PhilMcCrackin wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:


Diversion. I was wondering why a pax 744 would be coming to STL.


It isn't a diversion. It is coming into town to take the WWE wrestlers, workers, etc to Saudi Arabia for their Thursday event.


Flightradar shows it originally filed for Houston with a diversion to STL.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:12 pm

PhilMcCrackin wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
PhilMcCrackin wrote:

Diversion. I was wondering why a pax 744 would be coming to STL.


It isn't a diversion. It is coming into town to take the WWE wrestlers, workers, etc to Saudi Arabia for their Thursday event.


Flightradar shows it originally filed for Houston with a diversion to STL.



They had it LAX-STL before takeoff because I found it on Flightradar24 originally. Then it switched to Houston for some reason. Flightaware had to to STL the entire time then had it on its way to Saudi Arabia this morning while Flightradar24 had it still on the ground here. So Flightradar24 must just be screwy with atlas or that plane or something.
 
RJNUT
Posts: 1829
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 1999 1:58 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:03 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
^part of me is still surprised there wasn't more pushback at CGI because Air Choice One was so much cheaper. Sounds like being a single engine plane is what hurt them. Curious if Cape Air had bid if it would have been different.

I still am really curious to see what they do with Decatur since Cape did bid it and last time they didn't let them have their skywest pick.



DOT is also looking at connectivity when awarding these routes and Air Choice One offers none. I doubt they will be awarded any others until they develop interline relationships with some legacies.
 
Lexy
Posts: 1492
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:05 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:14 pm

stl07 wrote:
Why the heck would they add BNA? Way to drivable and then reduces frequency to STL, which is important on short hops. If they wanted to add another city, it should have been ORD or ATL



Really?? Have you seen the economic growth here?
Nashville, Tennessee KBNA
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2358
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:51 pm

Lexy wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Why the heck would they add BNA? Way to drivable and then reduces frequency to STL, which is important on short hops. If they wanted to add another city, it should have been ORD or ATL



Really?? Have you seen the economic growth here?

Qatar is having economic growth too. Should they launch Doha too?
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
Lexy
Posts: 1492
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:05 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:37 pm

stl07 wrote:
Lexy wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Why the heck would they add BNA? Way to drivable and then reduces frequency to STL, which is important on short hops. If they wanted to add another city, it should have been ORD or ATL



Really?? Have you seen the economic growth here?

Qatar is having economic growth too. Should they launch Doha too?


Huh? There's a reason those cities decided Nashville was a good fit for them.
Nashville, Tennessee KBNA
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:01 am

Frequency spreadsheet for STL/BLV for November.

November is a wonky month that has big swings for the holidays, especially this year with it being so late in the month. I still do November but I don't do a December one for the same reason.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:26 pm

Didn’t go thru the entire release but PIt finally goes to 2x a day. LGA bumped to 4x.
 
FlyBoy84
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 4:17 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:59 pm

Been seeing a lot of westbound landings going to RWY 11/29 versus the 2 closest runways. Gotta be some loooong taxi times back to the gates - especially to T2. SHEESH
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:06 pm

FlyBoy84 wrote:
Been seeing a lot of westbound landings going to RWY 11/29 versus the 2 closest runways. Gotta be some loooong taxi times back to the gates - especially to T2. SHEESH


One of the main runways has been closed for a few months (not sure if it reopened yet). So they have them landing on 11/29 (even though is seems like it wouldn't make sense) because then all the taxi traffic is going the same direction. Makes the flow better than going against each other.
 
atrude777
Posts: 4380
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:30 pm

Lexy wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Lexy wrote:


Really?? Have you seen the economic growth here?


Huh? There's a reason those cities decided Nashville was a good fit for them.


There is growth in Nashville, but this is an EAS (Essential Air Service) for Marion, Illinois, a 2 hour and a half drive. There is NO demand for Marion, Illinois to Nashville, TN.

Marion actually wanted STL and ORD, but no airline could provide the two cities with connectivity. Air Choice provided STL/ORD, but no connections, SkyWest could only offer ORD, Cape Air due to the aircraft being used could only offer BNA and STL. BNA was selected to offer a second option to offer connectivity beyond Nashville, they were not able to provide MWA-STL due to constraints in ORD.

Hardly anyone is booking Cape Air MWA-BNA just to go to BNA as a destination. Passengers will be booking on expedia.com MWA-BNA-XXX to connect onward.

I fully expect MWA-BNA to flop and will be shocked if they can get passengers flying only that route.

Why fly MWA-BNA, only to land and rent a car again, when you can drive it in 2 hours and a half. Maybe 3 with traffic?

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!
 
atrude777
Posts: 4380
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:34 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
^part of me is still surprised there wasn't more pushback at CGI because Air Choice One was so much cheaper. Sounds like being a single engine plane is what hurt them. Curious if Cape Air had bid if it would have been different.

I still am really curious to see what the they do with Decatur since Cape did bid it and last time they didn't let them have their skywest pick.


Keep in mind, the cheapest option didn't have to be selected.

SkyWest's Bid while not the cheapest was WELL below the capacity, and on a per passenger basis, SkyWest was the cheapest at per passenger rate for the subsidary.

I knew from the beginning that SkyWest would be selected for CGI because, it is still within the cost of the subsidiary, it offers connections, and it's jet service, and a reliable service (I know one can argue reliability).

We in Marion are extremely disappointed in the selection of Cape Air to BNA, we would have preferred Chicago or all flights to STL.

If you check DOT, a few letters of recommendations are all backing the SkyWest service to ORD on United out of DEC.

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:06 am

Went thru the new Southwest Schedule for April.

YoY Changes

+2
Sun DAL/RSW/TPA

+1
Mon-Fri BOS/CLE/DEN/DTW/BNA/LGA/PIT/SLC/TPA
Sat CHS/MKE/MCO/TPA/ECP
Sun ATL/BOS/HOU/MSY/LGA/MCO/SLC/SAT

-1
Mon-Fri CMH
Sat MSP
Sun CLE/SAN

Also EWR 2 daily is gone.

Mon-Fri 125 +6
Saturday 89 +2
Sunday 135 +10

Total flights 849 +42 (5.2%) - This gain is off the Pre Max grounding schedule for April 2019 so the actual percentage will probably be higher.

135 on Sundays will be the most ever scheduled on a day by Southwest
849 a week will be the most ever a week by Southwest just beating out the March 2020 schedule.

Last tab (only WN update)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos