Fargo

Re: Delta Network Thread - 2019

Thu May 16, 2019 1:34 am

ERJ170 wrote:
Perhaps when the new T1 gates open up will provide the ability to add more flights.. but the service right now by DL and all the airlines is great right now. The US is well covered. Good international service. And all the routes are given time to mature. BOS May be getting over saturated, much like SEA... but it’s a fight for share so it’s a sit back and watch situation

Other than DFW, I think DL is in a good position at RDU. Maybe they could add AMS, but I don't really see a need for that. DL has other areas of their network where they could use TATL planes. RDU would be better off pursuing a FRA flight on LH IMO.

evank516

Thu May 16, 2019 1:35 am

Anyone know when we will see new A220 routes announced from LGA? I can't help but feel that LGA-MCI is on that list within the next year or two.

ERJ170

Thu May 16, 2019 1:52 am

Fargo wrote:
ERJ170 wrote:
Perhaps when the new T1 gates open up will provide the ability to add more flights.. but the service right now by DL and all the airlines is great right now. The US is well covered. Good international service. And all the routes are given time to mature. BOS May be getting over saturated, much like SEA... but it’s a fight for share so it’s a sit back and watch situation

Other than DFW, I think DL is in a good position at RDU. Maybe they could add AMS, but I don't really see a need for that. DL has other areas of their network where they could use TATL planes. RDU would be better off pursuing a FRA flight on LH IMO.

Kinda agree.. add DFW, MIA/PIT/MSY/RSW to daily.. add LAS/PDX/NAS/maybe BDA and we good... upguage some flights... we cool
Aiming High and going far..

AVLAirlineFreq

Thu May 16, 2019 3:12 am

DL has yet to really add much mainline at RDU beyond the hub spokes and MCO. That would be another way to grow.

ElroyJetson

Thu May 16, 2019 3:33 am

I am surprised RIC-DTW has not had mainline upgrade to 717 or A 220. NWA used to fly four DC-9 flights a day. There is certainly enough traffic to warrant it.
707 717 727 72S 737 733 737-700 747 757 753 767-300 764 A319 A320 DC-9-10 DC-9-30 DC-9-50, MD-82 MD-88 MD-90 DC-10-10 DC-10-40 F-100

gsg013

Thu May 16, 2019 4:06 pm

Cactusjuba wrote:
I recently listened to the Network VP lecture, and was able to chat with directly. I see a lot of things debated here, thought this might help:

767-300ER retirements from 2025-2030, but really want to retire them earlier than that so they don’t have to do a cabin refurb. Anxious for solution from BA/AB to come soon. 4% domestic growth, 2% international growth with 35 339 deliveries by 2023. First 9 for Asia, the rest for TATL. 330 fleet will enter cabin refurb 2021, after 764 fleet. SEA-HKG lost $20MIL a year, with a chance of re-entry at some unknown future point, but JFK makes better sense with finance industry link. BOS big focus of growth, more international to come. When SLC construction is complete, will have 55 total gates and possibility of a future ICN add. More upgauging from regionals to mainline in the western markets, expect more 220s out west. More East-West adds in general to strengthen market share in the West. Hope in future to be able to go beyond LGA perimeter rule to further West coast. Expect to hear back on HND soon. Expect future of GOL JV to highlight more ATL/South Florida-Brazil. On future ambitions in Texas, referenced only upgrading routes to other existing hubs from DFW & AUS, noting the existence of external hype about AUS.

Did they give any color on DL future in BNA?

FSDan

Thu May 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Cactusjuba wrote:
I recently listened to the Network VP lecture, and was able to chat with directly. I see a lot of things debated here, thought this might help:

767-300ER retirements from 2025-2030, but really want to retire them earlier than that so they don’t have to do a cabin refurb. Anxious for solution from BA/AB to come soon. 4% domestic growth, 2% international growth with 35 339 deliveries by 2023. First 9 for Asia, the rest for TATL. 330 fleet will enter cabin refurb 2021, after 764 fleet. SEA-HKG lost $20MIL a year, with a chance of re-entry at some unknown future point, but JFK makes better sense with finance industry link. BOS big focus of growth, more international to come. When SLC construction is complete, will have 55 total gates and possibility of a future ICN add. More upgauging from regionals to mainline in the western markets, expect more 220s out west. More East-West adds in general to strengthen market share in the West. Hope in future to be able to go beyond LGA perimeter rule to further West coast. Expect to hear back on HND soon. Expect future of GOL JV to highlight more ATL/South Florida-Brazil. On future ambitions in Texas, referenced only upgrading routes to other existing hubs from DFW & AUS, noting the existence of external hype about AUS.

Thanks for the details!

I'm glad to hear that DL is at least taking a look at JFK-HKG; while there's stiff competition and it's a long route, it's also very lucrative and would bolster DL's position among NYC business travelers.

With the first 9 339s being allocated for Asia, I wonder if we'll see a new route or two. SEA-TYO, SEA-ICN, SEA-PEK, and SEA-PVG require 6 frames to operate daily. SEA-KIX is probably better suited to the 763 (which can continue to be rotated into SEA from HNL-KIX as it currently is), but if DL decided that route warranted an upgauge that would take an additional 339. That leaves at least two frames to launch a route like SEA-TPE. Otherwise, I suppose the 339 could be used for LAX-HND, or maybe MSP-ICN.

Regarding East-West adds to strengthen West Coast market share, I'd think that means the likes of SEA-DFW, LAX-ORD, LAX-IAH, etc.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

FSDan

Thu May 16, 2019 5:04 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
DL has yet to really add much mainline at RDU beyond the hub spokes and MCO. That would be another way to grow.

They've actually been doing some. RDU-FLL is a daily 320 this summer, RDU-MCO sees 2x daily 717s and 1x 320, and RDU-BOS sees 3x daily 717s and 1x 320.

I think RDU-LAS is definitely a possible add, and I could potentially see a frequency increase to MSY (although I don't think that's a guarantee given that there are several LCCs on the route, and MSY is a stronger leisure than business destination).

BoeingGuy

Thu May 16, 2019 5:05 pm

FSDan wrote:
Cactusjuba wrote:

Thanks for the details!

I'm glad to hear that DL is at least taking a look at JFK-HKG; while there's stiff competition and it's a long route, it's also very lucrative and would bolster DL's position among NYC business travelers.

With the first 9 339s being allocated for Asia, I wonder if we'll see a new route or two. SEA-TYO, SEA-ICN, SEA-PEK, and SEA-PVG require 6 frames to operate daily. SEA-KIX is probably better suited to the 763 (which can continue to be rotated into SEA from HNL-KIX as it currently is), but if DL decided that route warranted an upgauge that would take an additional 339. That leaves at least two frames to launch a route like SEA-TPE. Otherwise, I suppose the 339 could be used for LAX-HND, or maybe MSP-ICN.

Regarding East-West adds to strengthen West Coast market share, I'd think that means the likes of SEA-DFW, LAX-ORD, LAX-IAH, etc.

SLC-ICN might be a possibility, but I don’t think an A339 could do it, could it?

jbs2886

Thu May 16, 2019 5:15 pm

FSDan wrote:
Cactusjuba wrote:

Thanks for the details!

LAX-Asia routes can switch to 339s, too. In fact, wouldn't 2x LAX-HND (maybe a ICN flight on DL) be 3 frames?

I, too, am hopeful for JFK-HKG! JFK-Asia is a major weakness for DL and I don't think KE is the full solution (although it helps a lot).

evank516

Fri May 17, 2019 12:19 am

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:

They had mainline to JFK for a while. Wonder why that went away?

Tan Flyr

Fri May 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Cactusjuba wrote:

Perhaps the comment regarding growth out west will include some long sought up gauges at FAT into SLC. No more CR2's Perhaps? Maybe a mainline to MSP? ( UA seems to have found a niche with the evening arrival from ORD and it turns to a red-eye back to ORD)
FAT is on a nice growth streak and so far DL seems content to sit on the sidelines...Sad.

EADSYABSOB73857

Fri May 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Cactusjuba wrote:

Very interesting, thanks for the insight.

I’m curious what additional international adds we’ll see in BOS... There are perhaps a few holes (especially if DL intends to build up BOS and fight for market share- which DL has clearly stated is their intention). Which additional markets could be added? DL has stated it will launch LGW in 2020, what else? Keep in mind DL, will experience growth constraints at Terminal A in BOS due to space, even with the extra gates they’re getting this year- they’ve almost maxed out the space and they still have some key domestic markets they still need to add. Especially if you bring in additional large aircraft for new international routes, DL doesn’t have many adds they can do based on space constraints. (Can anyone from the BOS Forum comment on this?)

MIflyer12

Fri May 17, 2019 12:41 pm

EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:
I’m curious what additional international adds we’ll see in BOS...

I won't assume that intl adds from BOS will be TATL. They cover the obvious spots given fleet (and fleet on order). I don't see them copying the 2000s strategy of CO from EWR and trying tertiary airports from BOS. (BOS-BRS! hah hah). Some established BOS-TATL routes are too thin for two carriers. Mexico and Caribbean are my guesses; longshot BOS-MXP.

Keith2004

Fri May 17, 2019 12:52 pm

FSDan wrote:
Cactusjuba wrote:

Thanks for the details!

They already have a 339 allocated to PDX-HND, per the DOT filing, not sure if that requires 2 frames.
But SEA-KIX and HNL-HND are good candidates

jbpdx

Fri May 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Keith2004 wrote:

They already have a 339 allocated to PDX-HND, per the DOT filing, not sure if that requires 2 frames.

A332 for HND-PDX.
trump is an illegitimate president, a traitor who must be removed.

Keith2004

Fri May 17, 2019 1:14 pm

jbpdx wrote:
Keith2004 wrote:

A332 for HND-PDX.

I stand corrected.
Major upgrade from 767 at least

flyboy80

Fri May 17, 2019 2:03 pm

What is the timeline with the A220-100 delivery schedule? I recall hearing that production was not up to speed and they don't expect it to be for quite sometime limiting the deliveries to like on or two a month. Only west coast 221 flights I see are out of SLC to Texas, but I imagine at some point they'll start moving into LAX & SEA as well. I'm not certain it's official, but eventually it seems like OO and the E75 will be the primary connection carrier for SLC/LAX/SEA. Perhaps the 221s will replace a substantial part of the Compass capacity with some routes gaining mainline.

FSDan

Fri May 17, 2019 2:32 pm

flyboy80 wrote:
What is the timeline with the A220-100 delivery schedule? I recall hearing that production was not up to speed and they don't expect it to be for quite sometime limiting the deliveries to like on or two a month. Only west coast 221 flights I see are out of SLC to Texas, but I imagine at some point they'll start moving into LAX & SEA as well. I'm not certain it's official, but eventually it seems like OO and the E75 will be the primary connection carrier for SLC/LAX/SEA. Perhaps the 221s will replace a substantial part of the Compass capacity with some routes gaining mainline.

Over the summer, besides SLC-IAH and SLC-DFW, there will also be 221s operating on SLC-SJC and SEA-SJC. In the Fall, there are 221s showing up on routes such as SEA-FAI, SEA-SFO, SEA-DEN, and SLC-SNA. No 221s from LAX yet, but the 717s are going back East and being backfilled by 319/320s.

RDUDDJI

Fri May 17, 2019 6:20 pm

evank516 wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:

I know they had a 757 (Int'l version) for a while to/from JFK to support the RDU-CDG flight before it upgauged. Not sure they've had it since then. Maybe an occasional 717. LGA at one point had an A320 round also, but they know business travelers prefer frequencies, so they've gone back to smaller planes more often.
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

Themotionman

Fri May 17, 2019 8:04 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:

I won't assume that intl adds from BOS will be TATL. They cover the obvious spots given fleet (and fleet on order). I don't see them copying the 2000s strategy of CO from EWR and trying tertiary airports from BOS. (BOS-BRS! hah hah). Some established BOS-TATL routes are too thin for two carriers. Mexico and Caribbean are my guesses; longshot BOS-MXP.

Agreed - I think we'll see ATL dehubbed before BOS-Tertiary Europe. Not enough feed, and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY smaller local market. If DL-Tertiary Europe is happening from anywhere its JFK (longshot ATL.)

evank516

Sat May 18, 2019 1:05 am

RDUDDJI wrote:
evank516 wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:

I know they had a 757 (Int'l version) for a while to/from JFK to support the RDU-CDG flight before it upgauged. Not sure they've had it since then. Maybe an occasional 717. LGA at one point had an A320 round also, but they know business travelers prefer frequencies, so they've gone back to smaller planes more often.

I've noticed quite a few upgauges lately from JFK. JFK-JAX is now 2x 717 and 1xCR9 and it used to be all RJs. They did a seasonal upgauge on JFK-SAV with 1x 717 and 1x RJ I believe. JFK-CHS is also seeing 2x 717 and 1x E175 today. I can't see why JFK-RDU can't justify a mix of mainline and RJs nowadays, especially with the heavy focus on RDU.

flymco753

Sat May 18, 2019 1:07 am

evank516 wrote:
RDUDDJI wrote:
evank516 wrote:

I've noticed quite a few upgauges lately from JFK. JFK-JAX is now 2x 717 and 1xCR9 and it used to be all RJs. They did a seasonal upgauge on JFK-SAV with 1x 717 and 1x RJ I believe. JFK-CHS is also seeing 2x 717 and 1x E175 today. I can't see why JFK-RDU can't justify a mix of mainline and RJs nowadays, especially with the heavy focus on RDU.
DTW sees no mainline to JFK as of now, its enabling DL to raise yields on RJ aircraft, and a QSI highly favors a B6 add.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

evank516

Sat May 18, 2019 1:09 am

flymco753 wrote:
evank516 wrote:
RDUDDJI wrote:

DTW sees no mainline to JFK as of now, its enabling DL to raise yields on RJ aircraft, and a QSI highly favors a B6 add.

DL2124 (717) departed JFK at 19:36 and is estimated to arrive DTW at 21:30. Mainline was recently reinstated and I believe they will change the 717 to an A220 in the fall.

adamh8297

Sat May 18, 2019 2:21 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:

Agreed, even with a "hublet" trying to fill a bank of TATL destinations wouldn't work. Lets see if BOS-EDI even works! I would say BOS-ATH is a better longshot too (largest unserved European market from BOS but also one of the longest and low yielding ones) but I think DY could add it for 2020. They could always run BOS-MAN with 757 instead of VS doing it too.

For Caribbean increasing BOS-AUA and adding BOS-SXM are the most likely. I think they stay away from other Dominican destinations since B6 has those on lock. I personally think any leisure destination in the Caribbean/Central America/Bahamas would work with a seasonal weekly from BOS: ANU, GND, BON, BZE, RTB, SJO, GGT.

For Mexico, it would be great to see DL try a Mexican leisure destination that isn't CUN: SJD, PVR or CZM. Even in 2011 the passenger counts were there for a seasonal weekly. Mexico isn't a big VFR market for Greater Boston so scrap GDL, MTY etc. B6 had a 55% LF in their first full month of BOS-MEX but that was with AM flying as well. Maybe DL tries to knock them out - Can an A220 fly BOS-MEX?
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

flymco753

Sat May 18, 2019 6:53 pm

evank516 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
evank516 wrote:

DL2124 (717) departed JFK at 19:36 and is estimated to arrive DTW at 21:30. Mainline was recently reinstated and I believe they will change the 717 to an A220 in the fall.
Only until mid-June for it to be cut again to all RJs. Yields are already high with mainline, B6 could mosey in at twice a day with E190s with the amount of vacancy the gate in DTW sees. I did a forecast on it, DL wont increase frequency and B6 has a stronger presence on the NYC side.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

evank516

Sat May 18, 2019 7:48 pm

flymco753 wrote:
evank516 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Only until mid-June for it to be cut again to all RJs. Yields are already high with mainline, B6 could mosey in at twice a day with E190s with the amount of vacancy the gate in DTW sees. I did a forecast on it, DL wont increase frequency and B6 has a stronger presence on the NYC side.

It comes back in the fall though with an A220 as of right now. I'm all for B6 jumping in on JFK-DTW. Maybe then DL will boost it to mainline altogether. I've said it before, and I hold true to my opinion that the lack of mainline on this route is highly inappropriate for hub to hub flying. This will probably end up all A220s once more come online if B6 starts it.

flymco753

Sat May 18, 2019 8:17 pm

evank516 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
evank516 wrote:

It comes back in the fall though with an A220 as of right now. I'm all for B6 jumping in on JFK-DTW. Maybe then DL will boost it to mainline altogether. I've said it before, and I hold true to my opinion that the lack of mainline on this route is highly inappropriate for hub to hub flying. This will probably end up all A220s once more come online if B6 starts it.
You're right, product is the only factor that would be bothersome for B6, otherwise they can capitalize on the use of their codeshare partners and cater to a business schedule that works with the NYC end. I also think that it would be more appealing to those on LI looking to travel for leisure purposes. A combination of these things make it appealing for B6 at some point. Also agreed about the lack of mainline, every other hub has a mix of RJ & mainline where this route is lucky to see a 717.

evank516

Sat May 18, 2019 8:26 pm

flymco753 wrote:
evank516 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

You're right, product is the only factor that would be bothersome for B6, otherwise they can capitalize on the use of their codeshare partners and cater to a business schedule that works with the NYC end. I also think that it would be more appealing to those on LI looking to travel for leisure purposes. A combination of these things make it appealing for B6 at some point. Also agreed about the lack of mainline, every other hub has a mix of RJ & mainline where this route is lucky to see a 717.

DTW is a great connecting point. I've done it a few times over the last few years and it's really easy despite the poor food options there. And coming from LI I really do prefer JFK over LGA, but I really don't like RJs so if I have to route through DTW I try to make that mainline flight work or I go to LGA or use MSP instead. I think once B6 sees its A220s delivered they will probably jump in on the action. They seem to do well enough on JFK-ATL, I don't see why JFK-DTW won't work if it really is that high yielding for Delta right now.

gsg013

Sun May 19, 2019 3:44 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:

I agree BOS-Caribbean should be popular! (BOS--MBJ/ NAS/ PLS) to name a few

gsg013

Sun May 19, 2019 3:49 am

evank516 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
evank516 wrote:

DTW is a great connecting point. I've done it a few times over the last few years and it's really easy despite the poor food options there. And coming from LI I really do prefer JFK over LGA, but I really don't like RJs so if I have to route through DTW I try to make that mainline flight work or I go to LGA or use MSP instead. I think once B6 sees its A220s delivered they will probably jump in on the action. They seem to do well enough on JFK-ATL, I don't see why JFK-DTW won't work if it really is that high yielding for Delta right now.

I cannot agree more with how great of a connection point DTW is! From BNA it is sometimes better to connect in DTW than in ATL (1hour 10 min flight vs 40 min BNA-ATL). From EWR it is just around 1 hour to DTW and then you can reach anywhere with one stop and avoid the mess that UA is at EWR.

flyfresno

Sun May 19, 2019 6:58 am

Tan Flyr wrote:
Cactusjuba wrote:

Perhaps the comment regarding growth out west will include some long sought up gauges at FAT into SLC. No more CR2's Perhaps? Maybe a mainline to MSP? ( UA seems to have found a niche with the evening arrival from ORD and it turns to a red-eye back to ORD)
FAT is on a nice growth streak and so far DL seems content to sit on the sidelines...Sad.

FAT is going all E175 in the fall. So that’s happening at least.

blacksoviet

Mon May 27, 2019 5:42 am

Will Delta ever serve secondary cities in Australia with the 777-200LR?

atal17

Mon May 27, 2019 5:43 am

blacksoviet wrote:
Will Delta ever serve secondary cities in Australia with the 777-200LR?

Unlikely considering the VA-DL JV.

Midwestindy

Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:55 pm

Officially a hub now
Delta Diamond Medallion and AAdvantage Gold for 2019

Fargo

Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:58 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Officially a hub now

Worst kept secret.

tlecam

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:34 am

deleted.
BOS-LGA-JFK | A:319/20/21, 332/3, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 787, 772, 744 || MD80, MD90

fun2fly

Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:29 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Officially a hub now

Quite a high number of leisure markets (LAS, Florida) vs. business markets surprised me. 150 flights/day is no joke however.

jplatts

Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:19 am

fun2fly wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Officially a hub now

Quite a high number of leisure markets (LAS, Florida) vs. business markets surprised me. 150 flights/day is no joke however.

There are still some more nonstop routes such as BOS-CLT, BOS-DFW, BOS-IAH, BOS-SDF, BOS-MEM, BOS-PHX, BOS-PDX, BOS-STL, BOS-SAT, and BOS-SAN that need to be added by DL at BOS.

Runway28L

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:32 pm

New A220 routes were loaded into the system yesterday:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... gust-2019/

DTW-AUS eff 21DEC19 (listed until 05JAN20)
JFK-RSW eff 21DEC19 (listed until 04JAN20)
JFK-TPA eff 21DEC19 (listed until 04JAN20)
JFK-PBI eff 21DEC19 (listed until 04JAN20)
LGA-RSW eff 31AUG19 (listed until 16NOV19)
LGA-MSY eff 31AUG19 (listed until 14DEC19)
SLC-ATL eff 21DEC19
SLC-LAS eff 21DEC19 (listed until 04JAN20)
SLC-JFK eff 21DEC19
SLC-SNA eff 02SEP19
SLC-SFO eff 31AUG19
SLC-SEA eff 21DEC19
SEA-DEN eff 01OCT19 (listed until 05JAN20)
SEA-FAI eff 01OCT19
SEA-PDX eff 21DEC19 (listed until 04JAN20)
SEA-SFO eff 13AUG19

So SLC, SEA, and NYC-Florida pick up more A220 flying. Very interesting to see SLC-JFK/ATL listed. SLC-JFK is a mix of B739/A321/B752 equipment. SLC-ATL sees B739/A321/B752/B753 equipment. Looks like a big capacity downgrade on both.
Greetings from KPIT! Check out my photos here: https://www.airliners.net/search?user=45 ... teAccepted

Legend757

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:46 pm

Runway28L wrote:
New A220 routes were loaded into the system yesterday:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... gust-2019/

DTW-AUS eff 21DEC19 (listed until 05JAN20)
JFK-RSW eff 21DEC19 (listed until 04JAN20)
JFK-TPA eff 21DEC19 (listed until 04JAN20)
JFK-PBI eff 21DEC19 (listed until 04JAN20)
LGA-RSW eff 31AUG19 (listed until 16NOV19)
LGA-MSY eff 31AUG19 (listed until 14DEC19)
SLC-ATL eff 21DEC19
SLC-LAS eff 21DEC19 (listed until 04JAN20)
SLC-JFK eff 21DEC19
SLC-SNA eff 02SEP19
SLC-SFO eff 31AUG19
SLC-SEA eff 21DEC19
SEA-DEN eff 01OCT19 (listed until 05JAN20)
SEA-FAI eff 01OCT19
SEA-PDX eff 21DEC19 (listed until 04JAN20)
SEA-SFO eff 13AUG19

So SLC, SEA, and NYC-Florida pick up more A220 flying. Very interesting to see SLC-JFK/ATL listed. SLC-JFK is a mix of B739/A321/B752 equipment. SLC-ATL sees B739/A321/B752/B753 equipment. Looks like a big capacity downgrade on both.

It's not a downgrade, it's an added frequency for both SLC-ATL/JFK.

flyboy80

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:52 pm

I see there's a LGB mainline flight to SLC in December as well, has there been mainline scheduled there in the past?

NateGreat

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:24 pm

With only two weeks from today until the A330neo inaugural on SEA-PVG, when can we expect to see cabin photos of the plane?

jagraham

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:32 am

Cactusjuba wrote:

If DL wants to retire the 763s before 2025, that's a lot of inductions in 6 years. Less than 6 years since neither AB or BA has a widebody TATL optimized solution now.

Why TATL? Both AB and BA have great TPAC solutions, so there is nothing to wait for TPAC-wise.

I can also infer that DL considers the A330neo and the 787 too heavy for what they want TATL-wise

And finally, even the A321XLR won't fill the 763 role for DL. But if BA keeps stringing DL and the others along like they did with NSA, I expect that they will start replacing some 752 TATL flying with A321XLRs. The question is how much patience does DL have?

dtwpilot225

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:34 pm

This seemed like a rather large delta update compared to what we normally see, do they do that a couple times a year?

MIflyer12

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:08 pm

jagraham wrote:
And finally, even the A321XLR won't fill the 763 role for DL. But if BA keeps stringing DL and the others along like they did with NSA, I expect that they will start replacing some 752 TATL flying with A321XLRs. The question is how much patience does DL have?

Averaged across the year DL doesn't have much 757 TATL flying, and the ones they have in the 75S lie-flat config are their youngest 757s. IMHO it wouldn't be worth another sub-type. What they see XLRs doing for new TATL destinations from JFK/BOS, or current 763 routes where they think they're running too many seats, are different questions.

jagraham

Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:30 am

I agree the 75S planes are the youngest 757s and DL may fly them till 2025 or so . . but the A321XLR can be ordered now. If DL is waiting for something from Airbus, it can't be the A321XLR any longer.

It does need to be said that DL is excellent with subfleets . . .

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos