Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mrdj007

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:02 pm

TYSflyer wrote:
mrdj007 wrote:
Hi there:

Does anyone knows when G4 is going to upload their seasonal routes for this Winter season? If you go to their website and try to book any seasonal route it simply doesn't let you.

Example:
BNA-SAV
FLL-CLE
LAS-LAX
PIT-SJU
MSY-LCK

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

If they are not uploaded at this time for the winter schedule it is highly unlikely that they will be operating this winter. G4 operates numerous summer seasonal flights that operate May through August but are unavailable the rest of the year. Several of these routes probably fall into that category. With that being said, it does appear that SJU-CVG/PIT/RDU routes are not returning this winter.

Thanks for your response. I thought the same. I think that for last year the flights were available since summer. Still they have the routes as seasonal in their interactive map. Thanks for your response and for the information. Regards!

flybaby

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:48 am

mrdj007 wrote:
Hi there:

Does anyone knows when G4 is going to upload their seasonal routes for this Winter season? If you go to their website and try to book any seasonal route it simply doesn't let you.

Example:
BNA-SAV
FLL-CLE
LAS-LAX
PIT-SJU
MSY-LCK

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Allegiant usually publishes their schedule about 7 months in advance in 3-5 month blocks. As such, they published the mid-Feb 2020 through mid-May 2020 flights back in late July/early August and the upcoming June flights would probably be published sometime around November. Outside of this usual pattern they appear to announce mainly new routes they will be trying out (rather than a resumption of seasonal routes). Old seasonal, yet probably-never-coming-back routes do seem to stay on their route map for a long time.

jgcotter

Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:52 pm

A320 N275NV is en route from BQN to CVG to enter active service. 52 x A320 active now at Allegiant.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N275NV

SaabFA71

Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:54 am

I'm waiting for G4 to announce MDT-SAV/MSY/CHS. Yes, I'm biased for MDT.
I used all of my sick days, so now I'm calling in dead.

lightsaber

Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:04 am

jgcotter wrote:
A320 N275NV is en route from BQN to CVG to enter active service. 52 x A320 active now at Allegiant.

With the 38 A319s, that puts Allegiant ahead of the 2017 aircraft count (89). Note:. Off:
http://ir.allegiantair.com/static-files ... 20dfc4d77f

With the 20% to 25% higher utilization, this is growth potential.

Lightsaber
I cannot wait to get vaccinated to live again! Warning: I simulated that it takes 50%+ vaccinated to protect the vaccinated and 75%+ vaccinated to protect the vac-hesitant.

cbphoto

Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:12 am

lightsaber wrote:
jgcotter wrote:

With the 38 A319s, that puts Allegiant ahead of the 2017 aircraft count (89). Note:. Off:

Lightsaber

Talks are of 120 aircraft on property by end of 2020, with 20 bases systemwide. I’m guessing they are eyeing another batch of Airbus about to come onto the market.
ETOPS: Engines Turning or Passengers Swimming

lightsaber

Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:45 am

cbphoto wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
jgcotter wrote:

Lightsaber

Talks are of 120 aircraft on property by end of 2020, with 20 bases systemwide. I’m guessing they are eyeing another batch of Airbus about to come onto the market.

Facinating. That implies someone worked out a deal.

I speculate that because leasing companies know a plane that won't be named is going to return to the skies, they were willing to work a deal. I'll go further and speculate some are GECAS owned A319s from EasyJet. Note: I know nothing. This is my reading of tea leaves, so to speak.

Do you have any links?

Lightsaber
I cannot wait to get vaccinated to live again! Warning: I simulated that it takes 50%+ vaccinated to protect the vaccinated and 75%+ vaccinated to protect the vac-hesitant.

WeatherPilot

Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:26 am

Does anyone here think G4 would be interested in Avianca’s A318s they’re getting rid of? I think they’re CFMs.

WaywardMemphian

Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:35 pm

They might as well establish a base ag MEM. Getting pretty sizable there.

lightsaber

Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:03 pm

WeatherPilot wrote:
Does anyone here think G4 would be interested in Avianca’s A318s they’re getting rid of? I think they’re CFMs.

No. Allegiant is only interested in A319s at fire sale prices. They have shown a willingness to pay a premium for A320s due to the greater revenue potential.

An A318 and an A319 have almost the same scrap value. Since A319s are being sold at scrap value (barely more in reality, for the paper) how could a plane worth less find a willing operating buyer?

I only speculate the GECAS is willing to sell G4 A319s for less because:
1. Allegiant is a long term operator
2. Dumping so many A319s will reduce the scrap value, hurting GECAS' portfolio value. Best to find an opperating buyer.
3. Putting dozens of CFM-56-5 engines on the market costs GE about $1.5 million per engine in lost parts revenue. It is best to keep engines turning from a revenue standpoint.

Nothing can be done on the A318s, their revenue potential is too low.

Lightsaber

jgcotter

Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:12 pm

jgcotter wrote:
6.8 year old Cebu Pacific A320 RP-C3271 is en route MNL-GUM-HIK-ONT-LCQ, and will re-register as N281NV. 55 x A320 on property now at Allegiant.

A320 RP-C3271 re-registered yesterday with the FAA as N281NV. It remains at LCQ for paint.

FATFlyer

Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:15 pm

cbphoto wrote:

Rumor I heard was they have committed to 12 new aircraft. If true that would still be a large increase in the fleet which was originally project to reach 100 next year.
Last edited by FATFlyer on Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

Janj

Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:57 pm

TYSflyer wrote:
With that being said, it does appear that SJU-CVG/PIT/RDU routes are not returning this winter.

What I've heard is that they'll be loaded in mid-October. But the schedules for the other routes are already loaded and there are no SFB-RDU-SJU-SFB/opposite routings like there were last year, and it's showing as a normal turn, so it doesn't make too much sense to me to load some flights first then alter them to load the rest.

flybaby

Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Janj wrote:
TYSflyer wrote:
With that being said, it does appear that SJU-CVG/PIT/RDU routes are not returning this winter.

What I've heard is that they'll be loaded in mid-October. But the schedules for the other routes are already loaded and there are no SFB-RDU-SJU-SFB/opposite routings like there were last year, and it's showing as a normal turn, so it doesn't make too much sense to me to load some flights first then alter them to load the rest.

Yeah, seems unlikely to me as well. The mid-October load is mainly for the mid-May through mid-Aug flights. Along the same lines, late July load is for the mid-Feb through mid-May flights and the March load is for the fall flights - mid-August through mid-February. Outside of this schedule they typically only announce brand new routes, albeit sometime at a pretty short notice before the commencement of service, as short as a couple of months. This seems to be their modus-operandi ever since the Lucas Johnson days (who left last year to become the route-picker for Neeleman’s new airline).
Last edited by flybaby on Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msycajun

Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:16 pm

lightsaber wrote:
WeatherPilot wrote:

No. Allegiant is only interested in A319s at fire sale prices. They have shown a willingness to pay a premium for A320s due to the greater revenue potential.

An A318 and an A319 have almost the same scrap value. Since A319s are being sold at scrap value (barely more in reality, for the paper) how could a plane worth less find a willing operating buyer?

2. Dumping so many A319s will reduce the scrap value, hurting GECAS' portfolio value. Best to find an opperating buyer.
3. Putting dozens of CFM-56-5 engines on the market costs GE about $1.5 million per engine in lost parts revenue. It is best to keep engines turning from a revenue standpoint.

Lightsaber

I wonder if NK might be looking to sell some 319s to G4 for cheap as part of their forthcoming major order. Rumor has it they have been looking closely at 220s as a 319 replacement.

cbphoto

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:12 pm

msycajun wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
WeatherPilot wrote:

Lightsaber

I wonder if NK might be looking to sell some 319s to G4 for cheap as part of their forthcoming major order. Rumor has it they have been looking closely at 220s as a 319 replacement.

While never say never, NK has the wrong engine type for G4. Though if a fantastic deal comes up, they have said they would consider IAE variants. Also, G4 is primarily looking for A320s at the moment.
ETOPS: Engines Turning or Passengers Swimming

MO11

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:44 pm

cbphoto wrote:
msycajun wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

While never say never, NK has the wrong engine type for G4. Though if a fantastic deal comes up, they have said they would consider IAE variants. Also, G4 is primarily looking for A320s at the moment.

Allegiant A319s need the 4 window exits to squeeze in 156 seats. Spirit's only have the pair of window exits, which limit the airplanes to 145.

If NK wants to sell A319s for cheap, send 'em to UA.

lightsaber

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:59 pm

cbphoto wrote:
msycajun wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

I agree G4 is primarily looking for A320s. For a $4 million price difference or so, they will take the A320 any day. I merely speculate A319s will be cheap enough. I'm sure if the best A320 deal were IAE, G4 would consider a batch. I doubt sincerely they would take IAE A319s.

At low thrust levels (low loadings), the fuel efficiency advantage of V2500s goes away. They are popular on A321s and did well on A320s. They are too much engine for the A319. As V2500s sell for more than CFM-56-5 engines, for the seller it becomes worth it at a higher price to scrap the A319. So I just do not see how G4 would be offered a better deal on IAE powered A319s as market forces will make them a worse deal.

My speculation is based on the quantity of A319s being upgauged freeing up capacity.

Heck, for all I know G4 is buying 20 ex-JetBlue A320s, except that scenario doesn't pass the 'sniff test' as other buyers would bid higher.

Allegiant is a very opportunistic buyer. They wait for deals. I speculate that Easyjet's 319s are available in bulk and that a Leasing company with an interest in both not suppressing used parts values and scrap pricing might offer a bulk buyer a deal.

But then again, G4 buying Saudia A320s surprised me.

Lightsaber

Buddys747

Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:41 pm

SaabFA71 wrote:
I'm waiting for G4 to announce MDT-SAV/MSY/CHS. Yes, I'm biased for MDT.

Those would be nice additions!
I’m concerned MDT-MYR isn’t coming back though, so they might be hesitant to start something new.

SaabFA71

Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:05 pm

I didn't hear about MDT-MYR being (or possibly being) discontinued. Hopefully it's not true and the flight will return next summer. MDT has been on a roll within the last year with passenger traffic being up and new routes added.
I used all of my sick days, so now I'm calling in dead.

flybaby

Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:26 pm

SaabFA71 wrote:
I didn't hear about MDT-MYR being (or possibly being) discontinued. Hopefully it's not true and the flight will return next summer. MDT has been on a roll within the last year with passenger traffic being up and new routes added.

I’m surprised they even brought back MDT-MYR this year. The loads on it last summer were pretty abysmal. This May they did a bit better (75%) but still not great (compared to customary Allegiant LFs).

tjwgrr

Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:45 pm

cbphoto wrote:

We are a G4 base here in GRR. Typically 2 aircraft RON, but beginning earlier this month we've had 4 aircraft RON, with 2 of the 4 sitting all day. I suspect it's very off-season for G4 and they're stashing extra aircraft at bases until schedules gear up again. I've also noticed them reposition aircraft from GRR to various cities for college football charters with the aircraft returning to GRR Saturdays. An example this past weekend was GRR-AZO-SYR out on Friday, returned SYR-AZO-GRR Saturday evening carrying the Western Michigan football team for their game with Syracuse University.
Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.

Buddys747

Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:35 pm

SaabFA71 wrote:

It’s not on the April-May schedule like his been in the past. I thought with the Thursday-Sunday schedule it would do well, but I guess we will see. It’s not even listed as an available option anymore.
BNA is doing well along with all the Florida routes. It just seems with all the ULCC at BWI now there are still a ton of people flocking there. But all in all the numbers are way up which is good!

flybaby

Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:49 pm

tjwgrr wrote:
cbphoto wrote:

We are a G4 base here in GRR. Typically 2 aircraft RON, but beginning earlier this month we've had 4 aircraft RON, with 2 of the 4 sitting all day. I suspect it's very off-season for G4 and they're stashing extra aircraft at bases until schedules gear up again. I've also noticed them reposition aircraft from GRR to various cities for college football charters with the aircraft returning to GRR Saturdays. An example this past weekend was GRR-AZO-SYR out on Friday, returned SYR-AZO-GRR Saturday evening carrying the Western Michigan football team for their game with Syracuse University.

G4 has two periods where many of their routes (even some year-round ones) go on a ~6 week hiatus. These start in mid-August and early January - basically right after the summer season ends and right after the winter holidays.

southwest1675

Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:05 pm

Anyone know how G4 is doing overall at BNA?
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

TYSflyer

Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:27 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Anyone know how G4 is doing overall at BNA?

According to BTS most recent data, G4 has an overall LF of 77.5% since starting BNA. It does appear to be increasing this year compared to last. My impression from watching their route network is that they are doing better with Nashville as a destination from smaller markets than servicing the Nashville market itself.

TYSflyer

Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:29 pm

tjwgrr wrote:
cbphoto wrote:

According to the G4 pilot forum, G4 will be a base for 4 A320s starting this month. So it appears that this is permanent.

jgcotter

Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:25 am

jgcotter wrote:
A319 CC-AIB (N338NV) ferried from MEX to SFB today. There will be 38 x A319 on property at Allegiant when it’s re-registered by the FAA.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CC-AIB
https://cdn.jetphotos.com/full/5/75095_1564972851.jpg
Photo credit: Victor Ambriz

A319 CC-AIB was re-registered yesterday with the FAA as N338NV. It remains at SFB. 38 x A319 on property at Allegiant.

lightsaber

Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:36 am

jgcotter wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
A319 CC-AIB (N338NV) ferried from MEX to SFB today. There will be 38 x A319 on property at Allegiant when it’s re-registered by the FAA.

A319 CC-AIB was re-registered yesterday with the FAA as N338NV. It remains at SFB. 38 x A319 on property at Allegiant.

Who in Chile was flying A319s with 4 overwing exits?

Lightsaber

MO11

Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:48 am

lightsaber wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
jgcotter wrote:

Who in Chile was flying A319s with 4 overwing exits?

Lightsaber

It's an ex-easyJet airplane that went to SKY Airline.

WeatherPilot

Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:07 am

Did G4 drop SYR-MYR? It's not on their map or bookable. I thought seasonal routes still stayed listed even though their aren't any flights.

jgcotter

Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:33 am

jgcotter wrote:
jgcotter wrote:

A319 N338NV ferried from SFB to VQQ on 10/4 for further induc work.

Buddys747

Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:10 am

WeatherPilot wrote:
Did G4 drop SYR-MYR? It's not on their map or bookable. I thought seasonal routes still stayed listed even though their aren't any flights.

I’m curious also, same thing shows for MDT-MYR. Other seasonal MYR routes are still listed.

TYSflyer

Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:12 am

Allegiant extended their schedule overnight to mid August for those that are interested.

Rememberthe80

Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:15 pm

Observation: Allegiant's Q3 financial call will be on 10/24/19 at 1430PDT. This is a Thursday, the first time in at least seven years it has not happened on a Tuesday or Wednesday and at a later time than the long standing 1330PDT slot.

jgcotter

Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:38 pm

jgcotter wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
6.8 year old Cebu Pacific A320 RP-C3271 is en route MNL-GUM-HIK-ONT-LCQ, and will re-register as N281NV. 55 x A320 on property now at Allegiant.

A320 RP-C3271 re-registered yesterday with the FAA as N281NV. It remains at LCQ for paint.

A320 N281NV ferried from LCQ to BQN on 10/14 for further induc work.

WeatherPilot

Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:32 pm

TYSflyer wrote:
Allegiant extended their schedule overnight to mid August for those that are interested.

Looks like SYR-MYR does return for it’s seasonal run. I thought the route started earlier than June.

Is this the furthest out that Allegiant has ever allowed for booking? I don’t ever recall Allegiant going out 10 months. Though, I may be conflating Allegiant with Frontier.

PVD757

Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:14 pm

PVD-CVG returns twice weekly and PGD goes up to 3x weekly, however SAV isn’t bookable next summer. Hoping G4 looks at JAX, ORF, CHS, or MYR from PVD for next summer.

jgcotter

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:53 pm

Saudi Arabian A320s HZ-AS20, HZ-AS21, HZ-AS22 and HZ-AS23, which were to have been N267NV, N268NV, N269NV and N270NV are no longer registered with the FAA. Since they’re now owned by ALAFCO, the Kuwaiti leasing company, I wonder if Allegiant is no longer taking them, based on previous experience with refurbing Saudia planes? They seemed pretty upset during the last investor’s update at how long the Saudia refurbs were taking. What do you all think?

lightsaber

Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:44 pm

jgcotter

Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:41 pm

A320 N280NV is en route from BQN to SFB to enter active service. 53 x A320 active now at Allegiant.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N280NV

danipawa

Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:26 pm

World Atlantic is taking 2 MD83 ex Allegiant..nice to see them flying again

Northwest1988

Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:53 pm

danipawa wrote:

That’s awesome! Any idea of tail numbers?

PacoMartin

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:10 pm

Is allegiant the only airline that formally has no connecting flights? It seems that other airlines like sun country, Hawaiian airlines (except for mainland or asia to interisland) don't have connections, but to the best of my knowledge Allegiant is the only one that states up front that they don't support connections.

tys777

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:12 pm

PacoMartin wrote:
Is allegiant the only airline that formally has no connecting flights? It seems that other airlines like sun country, Hawaiian airlines (except for mainland or asia to interisland) don't have connections, but to the best of my knowledge Allegiant is the only one that states up front that they don't support connections.

Are we talking in the US or world wide?

Also, SY do formally offer connections and will sell them to you.

cledaybuck

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:36 pm

[photoid][/photoid]
tys777 wrote:
PacoMartin wrote:

Are we talking in the US or world wide?

HA offers connections as well.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.

PacoMartin

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:45 pm

tys777 wrote:

I meant USA, but I guess you answered the question. I don't know if Sun Country, Hawaiian , and Frontier offer connections at only a single airport.

It always seemed like a clever business idea. Of course the airline can never grow beyond a limited size, but it seems as if it reduces costs dramatically.

Operational Income (2018) - excludes finance
14.59% Southwest Airlines Co.
13.52% Allegiant Air
12.36% Delta Air Lines Inc.
11.65% Hawaiian Airlines Inc.
10.56% Spirit Air Lines
8.49% JetBlue Airways
8.32% Alaska Airlines Inc.
7.98% United Air Lines Inc.
6.12% American Airlines Inc.
6.02% Sun Country Airlines d/b/a MN Airlines
5.56% Frontier Airlines Inc.

Operational Revenue (2018) in thousands $
$44,537,997 Delta Air Lines Inc.
$44,529,814 American Airlines Inc.
$41,303,230 United Air Lines Inc.
$21,965,049 Southwest Airlines Co.
$8,259,807 Alaska Airlines Inc.
$7,658,451 JetBlue Airways
$3,323,035 Spirit Air Lines
$2,827,216 Hawaiian Airlines Inc.
$2,155,858 Frontier Airlines Inc.
$1,596,808 Allegiant Air
$616,442 Sun Country Airlines d/b/a MN Airlines

tys777

Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:54 pm

PacoMartin wrote:
tys777 wrote:

I meant USA, but I guess you answered the question. I don't know if Sun Country, Hawaiian , and Frontier offer connections at only a single airport.

It always seemed like a clever business idea. Of course the airline can never grow beyond a limited size, but it seems as if it reduces costs dramatically.

Operational Income (2018) - excludes finance
14.59% Southwest Airlines Co.
13.52% Allegiant Air
12.36% Delta Air Lines Inc.
11.65% Hawaiian Airlines Inc.
10.56% Spirit Air Lines
8.49% JetBlue Airways
8.32% Alaska Airlines Inc.
7.98% United Air Lines Inc.
6.12% American Airlines Inc.
6.02% Sun Country Airlines d/b/a MN Airlines
5.56% Frontier Airlines Inc.

Operational Revenue (2018) in thousands $
$44,537,997 Delta Air Lines Inc.
$44,529,814 American Airlines Inc.
$41,303,230 United Air Lines Inc.
$21,965,049 Southwest Airlines Co.
$8,259,807 Alaska Airlines Inc.
$7,658,451 JetBlue Airways
$3,323,035 Spirit Air Lines
$2,827,216 Hawaiian Airlines Inc.
$2,155,858 Frontier Airlines Inc.
$1,596,808 Allegiant Air
$616,442 Sun Country Airlines d/b/a MN Airlines

SY and F9 offer connections at multiple airports.

danipawa

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:38 pm

Northwest1988 wrote:
danipawa wrote:

That’s awesome! Any idea of tail numbers?

N876GA and N872GA

PacoMartin

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:53 pm

tys777 wrote:
SY and F9 offer connections at multiple airports.

Then I am not sure what is their secret to their very high operational margin. First I thought it was the old jets, but they sold all them and now their fleet age is about the same as other airlines (2 years older than Southwest). Then I thought it was the lack of connections gave them a way to keep staffing very low. But if that was it, some other airline would have copied it.

It might be that they service airports the big 4 serves with anything larger than a regional jet. Although they scream low fares, there are so many fees that I think it ends up the same. But I would still use them because it beats driving 2 hours to a larger airport to take a 3 hour flight.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos