Vegaschezhed
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:28 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:35 am

Allegiant to buy naming rights to new Raiders stadium

https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/ ... e-1816917/
 
jgcotter
Posts: 671
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:45 pm

6.9 year old Cebu Pacific A320 RP-C3270 just ferried MNL-GUM-HIK-ONT-LCQ, and re-registered as N280NV. 54 x A320 on property now at Allegiant.
 
User avatar
dabpit
Posts: 805
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:38 pm

It is official, the new Raiders Stadium will be known as Allegiant Stadium.
https://www.allegiantstadium.com/
https://www.raiders.com/news/raiders-al ... as-stadium
Carpe Diem
 
User avatar
william
Posts: 3135
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 1999 1:31 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:55 pm

dabpit wrote:
It is official, the new Raiders Stadium will be known as Allegiant Stadium.
https://www.allegiantstadium.com/
https://www.raiders.com/news/raiders-al ... as-stadium


Wow, that was a marketing coup of epic proportions.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 671
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:13 pm

A320 N279NV is en route from VQQ to SFB to enter active service. 51 x A320 active now at Allegiant.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N279NV
 
freakyrat
Posts: 1713
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Allegiant DIscussion Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:42 pm

freakyrat wrote:
SierraPacific wrote:
I wonder what the planning is like when it comes to adding international beach destinations or if it is even in the cards. I feel like flights to the Caribbean out of secondary airports could possibly be a niche for Allegiant.


Seasonal SBN-CUN has been in the works for a few years now.


SBN's FIS is now fully functional and can accept International airline arrivals. First flight cleared was an Atlas Air B747-400 Sports Charter carrying Liverpool FC out of Manchester. UK.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:37 pm

jgcotter wrote:
A320 N279NV is en route from VQQ to SFB to enter active service. 51 x A320 active now at Allegiant.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N279NV

I want you to know I come back to this thread just to find the insights on A32x additions.

Any insight into the hours various lines are running? Allegiant running average 7.7 hours per airframe tells me the new CEO were worth it.

I wonder if they should order a small number of NEOs? That takes a few lines running 10+ hours per day and enough 8+ to justify the new CEOs.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
WeatherPilot
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:51 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:27 am

lightsaber wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
A320 N279NV is en route from VQQ to SFB to enter active service. 51 x A320 active now at Allegiant.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N279NV

I want you to know I come back to this thread just to find the insights on A32x additions.

Any insight into the hours various lines are running? Allegiant running average 7.7 hours per airframe tells me the new CEO were worth it.

I wonder if they should order a small number of NEOs? That takes a few lines running 10+ hours per day and enough 8+ to justify the new CEOs.

Lightsaber


You got to remember too that G4 likes to bring the planes home everynight so that crew are in their own beds. This saves on having to put crew up in hotels. So I don't know how many more hours G4 could run before they start breaking their own policy.
 
astaz
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:42 am

WeatherPilot wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
A320 N279NV is en route from VQQ to SFB to enter active service. 51 x A320 active now at Allegiant.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N279NV

I want you to know I come back to this thread just to find the insights on A32x additions.

Any insight into the hours various lines are running? Allegiant running average 7.7 hours per airframe tells me the new CEO were worth it.

I wonder if they should order a small number of NEOs? That takes a few lines running 10+ hours per day and enough 8+ to justify the new CEOs.

Lightsaber


You got to remember too that G4 likes to bring the planes home everynight so that crew are in their own beds. This saves on having to put crew up in hotels. So I don't know how many more hours G4 could run before they start breaking their own policy.


If more east/west flying is added, which seems inevitable, crew overnights will become a reality. They are running out of ways to expand the airline, with the 10% growth they have projected. International will help for sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some crew overnights at some point.
 
Sean-SAN-
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2002 4:02 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:01 am

No need for NEOs just to increase block time, the current fleet is perfectly capable. Allegiant has actually done a small amount of overnights for a very long time, it just isn't a big part of the business. Overnights require a lot more overhead and logistics that just hasn't been worth the trouble, and doesn't work well with tactical day of the week flying they do.
 
Flyingstump
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:43 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:02 pm

So Allegiant has bought the naming rights to the newest and most anticipated NFL stadium in a city surrounded by fanfare, they've started construction on their own resort in a place where they will have a first-mover advantage, and they are intending to offer Allegiant Extra, a premium economy product which, so far, is better than any of the legacies (more legroom than Delta, United, and American, and WAY better than United (priority access and maybe alcoholic beverages).

For awhile, they've been positioning themselves as the hometown, family airline. Now they have a product that is as good or better than Frontier's stretch seating, their normal economy is better than Spirit's (30in vs 28in), and they only offer non-stop flights, and in addition, they're portraying themselves to the general public as a major carrier with their own resort and naming rights to the newest NFL stadium. So, for casual, leisure travelers, you see cheap fares on a "real" (ie. non budget) airline with no connection hassles. It's a no-brainer (or seems that way, at least).

Pretty neat. They're definitely making some moves.
 
Runway28L
Posts: 1789
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:49 am

Is G4 returning to PBI or I am reading things completely wrong? I see PBI-IND/PIT/CVG/AVL/USA/TYS loaded onto their site with service supposedly starting in November.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 2837
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:55 am

Runway28L wrote:
Is G4 returning to PBI or I am reading things completely wrong? I see PBI-IND/PIT/CVG/AVL/USA/TYS loaded onto their site with service supposedly starting in November.


You are reading right

BLV-SRQ
IND-TUS
SRQ-Fort Wayne

Also added. I am sure there is more.
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4067
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:08 am

Runway28L wrote:
Is G4 returning to PBI or I am reading things completely wrong? I see PBI-IND/PIT/CVG/AVL/USA/TYS loaded onto their site with service supposedly starting in November.


Add
TYS-SRQ
RFD-SRQ
DSM-SRQ
BLV-SRQ
SBN-SRQ
FWA-SRQ
SDF-SRQ
FNT-SRQ
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4067
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:29 am

Return to Fort Collins
FNL-LAS
FNL-AZA
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
sprxUSA
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:17 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:02 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Return to Fort Collins
FNL-LAS
FNL-AZA


What, did they build a tower at FNL? ;)
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:09 pm

Nice to see a couple of more adds for TYS. Nice little spoke for G4.
 
WeatherPilot
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:51 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:13 pm

With the addition of the 8 new routes announced today I was thinking of what more Allegiant could do on Florida's west coast. They have the west coast pretty well covered. That was until I realized Naples still has an airport. Allegiant is using PGD to the north to avoid RSW but what about Naples to the south. I think if Naples were willing to extend their runway I think 500ft it would facilitate an A320 loaded with enough fuel to make it to G4's most northern stations. We could see the same growth out of Naples as we saw in PIE, PGD and SRQ.
 
WaywardMemphian
Posts: 1236
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:21 pm

XNA/AZA added for November

MEM/PGD added as well.
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:05 pm

WeatherPilot wrote:
With the addition of the 8 new routes announced today I was thinking of what more Allegiant could do on Florida's west coast. They have the west coast pretty well covered. That was until I realized Naples still has an airport. Allegiant is using PGD to the north to avoid RSW but what about Naples to the south. I think if Naples were willing to extend their runway I think 500ft it would facilitate an A320 loaded with enough fuel to make it to G4's most northern stations. We could see the same growth out of Naples as we saw in PIE, PGD and SRQ.


The locals would have a field day with any kind of commercial jet service in Naples.
 
mcg
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:49 am

Re: Allegiant DIscussion Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:20 pm

jgcotter wrote:
Allegiant Airbus A320-200 N263NV has been de-registered by the FAA and re-registered as Kuwait Airways 9K-ALE, leased from ALAFCO, and ferried SAW-KWI 22 May 2019 for delivery to Kuwait Airways.

Of the 13 original Saudia A320 aircraft obtained by Allegiant, five have been placed into service; 258, 259, 260, 261 and 262, three have been transferred to Kuwait Airways; 263, 264, 265 and five remain in lengthy refurbishment in SAW; 266, 267, 268, 269 and JED; 270.

All 13 are now on lease from ALAFCO.


Am I correct in assuming SAW is Marquette Michigan? Who does the work there? Thanks in advance.
 
FATFlyer
Posts: 4843
Joined: Fri May 18, 2001 4:12 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:45 pm

sprxUSA wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Return to Fort Collins
FNL-LAS
FNL-AZA

What, did they build a tower at FNL? ;)


FNL has a remote, virtual tower opening, currently in testing phase. It is a FAA pilot project. There is not a tower but instead controllers will monitor radar and cameras from inside a modular building.
http://www.codot.gov/programs/remote-tower
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/money/2018/11/13/fort-collins-loveland-airport-test-virtual-tower/1975704002/
http://www.reporterherald.com/2018/11/02/remote-tower-project-at-lovelands-northern-colorado-regional-airport-nears-testing-phase/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
 
jgcotter
Posts: 671
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant DIscussion Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:23 pm

mcg wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
Allegiant Airbus A320-200 N263NV has been de-registered by the FAA and re-registered as Kuwait Airways 9K-ALE, leased from ALAFCO, and ferried SAW-KWI 22 May 2019 for delivery to Kuwait Airways.

Of the 13 original Saudia A320 aircraft obtained by Allegiant, five have been placed into service; 258, 259, 260, 261 and 262, three have been transferred to Kuwait Airways; 263, 264, 265 and five remain in lengthy refurbishment in SAW; 266, 267, 268, 269 and JED; 270.

All 13 are now on lease from ALAFCO.


Am I correct in assuming SAW is Marquette Michigan? Who does the work there? Thanks in advance.


You’re thinking of MQT/KSAW in Northern Michigan. In this case SAW refers to Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen International Airport serving Istanbul, Turkey.
(IATA: SAW, ICAO: LTFJ) where the lengthy Saudia to Allegiant conversions have been taking place. There are currently 4 x A320 remaining in the conversion process; HZ-AS20 (267NV), HZ-AS21 (268NV), HZ-AS22 (269NV) and HZ-AS23 (270NV). HZ-AS20 is already in Allegiant colors. Depending on how things go with the conversion, they may all be accepted and re-registered with the FAA for delivery to Allegiant or returned to the lessor ALAFCO for another customer, as the last four have been.
 
TYSflyer
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:55 pm

tys777 wrote:
Nice to see a couple of more adds for TYS. Nice little spoke for G4.

I was quite pleased with both adds, and they have both been announced as year round. Since G4 announced the base at TYS they haven’t added much new service outside of the summer seasonal DEN and PIT service. However, they are adding a third A320 to be based at TYS this month and that is opening up some additional opportunities obviously. Even with these 2 adds there are still some significant holes in the flight schedules for the spring that could be used for another new route or 2.
 
mcg
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:49 am

Re: Allegiant DIscussion Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:01 am

jgcotter wrote:
mcg wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
Allegiant Airbus A320-200 N263NV has been de-registered by the FAA and re-registered as Kuwait Airways 9K-ALE, leased from ALAFCO, and ferried SAW-KWI 22 May 2019 for delivery to Kuwait Airways.

Of the 13 original Saudia A320 aircraft obtained by Allegiant, five have been placed into service; 258, 259, 260, 261 and 262, three have been transferred to Kuwait Airways; 263, 264, 265 and five remain in lengthy refurbishment in SAW; 266, 267, 268, 269 and JED; 270.

All 13 are now on lease from ALAFCO.


Am I correct in assuming SAW is Marquette Michigan? Who does the work there? Thanks in advance.


You’re thinking of MQT/KSAW in Northern Michigan. In this case SAW refers to Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen International Airport serving Istanbul, Turkey.
(IATA: SAW, ICAO: LTFJ) where the lengthy Saudia to Allegiant conversions have been taking place. There are currently 4 x A320 remaining in the conversion process; HZ-AS20 (267NV), HZ-AS21 (268NV), HZ-AS22 (269NV) and HZ-AS23 (270NV). HZ-AS20 is already in Allegiant colors. Depending on how things go with the conversion, they may all be accepted and re-registered with the FAA for delivery to Allegiant or returned to the lessor ALAFCO for another customer, as the last four have been.



Thanks. It's can't be very often that a lessor delivers an aircraft to an airline and the airline declines to take it. This seems like a very unusual situation.
 
CanadianRedneck
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:44 pm

What gate(s) is G4 flying out of at PBI?
 
jgcotter
Posts: 671
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:01 pm

A320 N280NV is en route from LCQ to BQN for further induction preparation.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N280NV
 
freakyrat
Posts: 1713
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:18 pm

sprxUSA wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Return to Fort Collins
FNL-LAS
FNL-AZA


What, did they build a tower at FNL? ;)


It's a remoted tower run with closed circuit cameras.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 671
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:57 am

A320 N283NV is en route from BQN to IWA to enter active service. 52 x A320 active now at Allegiant.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N283NV
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:15 pm

I would expect at some point soon to see G4 announce service to XWA most likely to IWA. Seems like a natural extension to their service in the dakotas.

For reference, XWA is the new Williston airport opening in a few months. The old ISN couldn't handle more than a CRJ and even then those needed waivers due to apron weight limits.
 
Runway28L
Posts: 1789
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:11 pm

New promotional livery by Allegiant for the Vegas Golden Knights.

https://twitter.com/ktnv/status/1170039 ... 01825?s=21
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 5630
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:45 pm

tys777 wrote:
I would expect at some point soon to see G4 announce service to XWA most likely to IWA.


I'd bet on LAS before Phoenix-Mesa for the Williston crowd, but that's me.
 
jb1087xna
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:11 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:01 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
XNA returns in Feb

They hit a homerun with XNA/VPS

XNA and/or SGF would do well with TYS service. Believe it or not lots of the families in Ozarks come from east Tennessee and the areas

XNA would also do well with MSY.


Don't know why I'm just now seeing this post. I didn't realize they'd be flying XNA-VPS twice daily during the weekends for most of the summer. Pretty impressive, IMHO. Also agree about MSY.
Next up: XNA-ATL-PWM-ATL-XNA
 
Deltran757
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:17 pm

Runway28L wrote:
New promotional livery by Allegiant for the Vegas Golden Knights.

https://twitter.com/ktnv/status/1170039 ... 01825?s=21


Nice! Do you think the Las Vegas Raiders Will have a promotional livery at some point?
To see the world... One plane at a time
 
IAmGaroott
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:37 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:03 pm

Deltran757 wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
New promotional livery by Allegiant for the Vegas Golden Knights.

https://twitter.com/ktnv/status/1170039 ... 01825?s=21


Nice! Do you think the Las Vegas Raiders Will have a promotional livery at some point?


I've seen renderings of one from Allegiant, but no official announcements.

The real question is, who will the Raiders use for charter flights? I doubt they'll use 3 G4 A320s with those thin seats.
 
Runway28L
Posts: 1789
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:34 pm

IAmGaroott wrote:
I've seen renderings of one from Allegiant, but no official announcements.

The real question is, who will the Raiders use for charter flights? I doubt they'll use 3 G4 A320s with those thin seats.

The Raiders are using Hawaiian, which they have been for the past several seasons.
 
Deltran757
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:32 pm

IAmGaroott wrote:
Deltran757 wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
New promotional livery by Allegiant for the Vegas Golden Knights.

https://twitter.com/ktnv/status/1170039 ... 01825?s=21


Nice! Do you think the Las Vegas Raiders Will have a promotional livery at some point?


I've seen renderings of one from Allegiant, but no official announcements.

The real question is, who will the Raiders use for charter flights? I doubt they'll use 3 G4 A320s with those thin seats.


I’m pretty sure, they’ll still use Hawaiian Airlines for their charter flights.
To see the world... One plane at a time
 
lat41
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:23 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:01 pm

WeatherPilot wrote:
With the addition of the 8 new routes announced today I was thinking of what more Allegiant could do on Florida's west coast. They have the west coast pretty well covered. That was until I realized Naples still has an airport. Allegiant is using PGD to the north to avoid RSW but what about Naples to the south. I think if Naples were willing to extend their runway I think 500ft it would facilitate an A320 loaded with enough fuel to make it to G4's most northern stations. We could see the same growth out of Naples as we saw in PIE, PGD and SRQ.

Check runway weight limits and whether Naples has ILS. Besides, with RSW covering the area comprehensively, do we really need to water things down with Naples mainline jet service?
 
jgcotter
Posts: 671
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:57 am

A319 CC-AIB (N338NV) ferried from MEX to SFB today. There will be 38 x A319 on property at Allegiant when it’s re-registered by the FAA.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CC-AIB
https://cdn.jetphotos.com/full/5/75095_1564972851.jpg
Photo credit: Victor Ambriz
 
cbphoto
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:23 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:24 am

Just announced internally that another 12 Airbuses will be joining the fleet. Total committed fleet count is now 111. Anyone know where those buses are coming from?
ETOPS: Engines Turning or Passengers Swimming
 
BNAMealer
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:27 am

Would G4 ever consider buying some new A320neos?
 
jgcotter
Posts: 671
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:55 pm

6.8 year old Cebu Pacific A320 RP-C3271 is en route MNL-GUM-HIK-ONT-LCQ, and will re-register as N281NV. 55 x A320 on property now at Allegiant.
 
User avatar
monsoon84
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:57 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:25 pm

Does anyone know why there is an allegiant jet at KIWA missing the engines? There is also two jets parked behind the other that haven’t moved in a couple weeks.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:40 am

jgcotter wrote:
6.8 year old Cebu Pacific A320 RP-C3271 is en route MNL-GUM-HIK-ONT-LCQ, and will re-register as N281NV. 55 x A320 on property now at Allegiant.

That is interesting they were able to pick up such a young A320. I know G4 bought A319s from Cebu Pacific, have they bought other young (under 10 year) A320s ex-Cebu. Or leased (in Liu of buying)

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
FATFlyer
Posts: 4843
Joined: Fri May 18, 2001 4:12 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:31 am

Allegiant's N279NV and N280NV are also 7 year old A320s from Cebu.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:01 am

FATFlyer wrote:
Allegiant's N279NV and N280NV are also 7 year old A320s from Cebu.

Fascinating. I would love to know the purchase terms. I was under the impression G4 normally bought 12+ year old aircraft to minimize purchase price , excluding the small number of A320 bought new. For the right price, why not? Allegiant has increased utilization, so there is the revenue.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
User avatar
tjwgrr
Posts: 2417
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2000 4:09 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:24 pm

lat41 wrote:
WeatherPilot wrote:
With the addition of the 8 new routes announced today I was thinking of what more Allegiant could do on Florida's west coast. They have the west coast pretty well covered. That was until I realized Naples still has an airport. Allegiant is using PGD to the north to avoid RSW but what about Naples to the south. I think if Naples were willing to extend their runway I think 500ft it would facilitate an A320 loaded with enough fuel to make it to G4's most northern stations. We could see the same growth out of Naples as we saw in PIE, PGD and SRQ.

Check runway weight limits and whether Naples has ILS. Besides, with RSW covering the area comprehensively, do we really need to water things down with Naples mainline jet service?


APF longest runway is 6600 ft, with max weight allowed of 75,000 lbs. An empty A319 is around 78,000 lbs, and an empty A320 is around 82,000 lbs. Even if APF had the necessary runway requirements, as stated in an earlier post, the locals in Naples would not likely allow such operations.
Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.
 
flybaby
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:20 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:59 pm

lightsaber wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:
Allegiant's N279NV and N280NV are also 7 year old A320s from Cebu.

Fascinating. I would love to know the purchase terms. I was under the impression G4 normally bought 12+ year old aircraft to minimize purchase price , excluding the small number of A320 bought new. For the right price, why not? Allegiant has increased utilization, so there is the revenue.

Lightsaber


My guess is that they are buying used planes close to their D check intervals as that is a common point for airlines to shed equipment.
 
User avatar
mrdj007
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:47 am

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:40 am

Hi there:

Does anyone knows when G4 is going to upload their seasonal routes for this Winter season? If you go to their website and try to book any seasonal route it simply doesn't let you.

Example:
BNA-SAV
FLL-CLE
LAS-LAX
PIT-SJU
MSY-LCK

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
 
TYSflyer
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Allegiant Discussion Thread - 2019

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:36 am

mrdj007 wrote:
Hi there:

Does anyone knows when G4 is going to upload their seasonal routes for this Winter season? If you go to their website and try to book any seasonal route it simply doesn't let you.

Example:
BNA-SAV
FLL-CLE
LAS-LAX
PIT-SJU
MSY-LCK

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

If they are not uploaded at this time for the winter schedule it is highly unlikely that they will be operating this winter. G4 operates numerous summer seasonal flights that operate May through August but are unavailable the rest of the year. Several of these routes probably fall into that category. With that being said, it does appear that SJU-CVG/PIT/RDU routes are not returning this winter.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos