Oykie
Posts: 1909
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:21 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:31 pm

qf789 wrote:
Japan Airlines 788 JA848J departing PAE on a C1 flight

Image

https://twitter.com/PlanesAtPaine/statu ... 13058?s=20


Beautiful plane. I like it that there is still approximately close to 60 on order for the 787-8. I wonder if it will get any more orders down the road. United anyone? or even Delta? :-D
Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large, then go make that dream real - Donald Douglas
 
Sjtstudios
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:31 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:26 am

Momo1435 wrote:
danipawa wrote:
Hainan/Hong Kong NTU: 2 Biman, 2 Bamboo (Gecas frames 891, 911), 4 Vistara (887, 893, 905, 931) for the moment


874 was also a Hainan group NTU, originally assigned to Suparna, now delivered to UAE Presidential Flight. And I wouldn't be surprised if 898 will also go to the UAE, as they ordered 2 in August.


898 is unpainted sitting on the Charleston flight line. Likely one of the last unsold Hainan jets. There is another painted UAE plane on the flight line, likely LN 936 or 940. This is based on the other planes I’ve seen on the flight line over the past few weeks. The Allthings787 tables shows 936 getting painted in Ft Worth, Tx and 940 ready for delivery.

Edit: Reading above posts, 940 would be the next UAE plane. 936 is listed for Bamboo and is obviously getting painted accordingly.
 
Sjtstudios
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:31 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:19 am

nikeherc wrote:
Actually, it looks like Charleston is now keeping up with Everett, and they are working down their undelivered aircraft. 898 was for Suparna, and aircraft with higher line numbers than 902 are in test. Maybe Eva Air isn’t ready for 902.


902 was used in the EVA promotional video and photos. BSC posted a highlight of the in flight photo shoot. I would guess that with a longer timeline before delivery, they slid B1.

898 is unsold and currently does not have engines mounted.
 
8parktoollover
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:36 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:54 am

LY has just recieved it's first 788
Home- Ben Gurion International- Lod- Israel (TLV)
B737, B747, B777, B787, A319, A320, A321, A330, A380, EMB 145, ERJ 170, Bombardier q400, MD-88
Delta, American Airlines, United, US Airways, Air Canada, Air France, Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines,
 
Antaras
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:18 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:30 pm

Some Vietnamese articles reported that Bamboo will take Hainan's two USED / SECOND-HAND B787-9s from Hainan for 11 years. Those are MSN 62725 [B-206R] and MSN 62739 [B-1140], leased from Celestial Aviation. https://vietnambiz.vn/bamboo-airways-sap-thue-hai-chiec-boeing-787-9-khoang-mot-nam-tuoi-20190924112244536.htm
Does anyone have any other reliable confirmation, (for example, some insiders confirmation, or registration)?
If this is true, Bamboo will become the first second-hand 787-9 operator (or not, did any other carriers receive 2nd-hand 787s, except ntu airframes?)

P/s: In fact, no one sure that Bamboo will take 924 and 936. The registration was unknown, while Bamboo is saying that they will definitely receive their first B789 this month, before 2020.
Just another guy from Việt Nam :)
 
B787register
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 8:39 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:15 pm

Zipair Tokyo is the first taking one of Japan's JA822J
David C
 
User avatar
MoKa777
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:47 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:21 pm

B787register wrote:
Zipair Tokyo is the first taking one of Japan's JA822J


That's just an internal transfer, no?
Never be proud. Always be grateful.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4524
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:52 pm

MoKa777 wrote:
B787register wrote:
Zipair Tokyo is the first taking one of Japan's JA822J


That's just an internal transfer, no?


Yes, a few of their oldest (and heaviest) ones are being transfered to Zipair
 
ual747-600
Posts: 628
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 1999 12:57 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:54 pm

Delivery flight of line #938, 9V-SCO, 15th SIA 787-10 per allthings787

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SIA ... /KCHS/RJBB

UAL747-600
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 9293
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:43 am

Though this still needs to be confirmed by Boeing, 12 787's were delivered in November including 2 788's, 7 789's and 3 787-10's. Moving forward to this month there is a good chance a new record will be set for the number of deliveries in a month
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 17825
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:34 am

qf789 wrote:
Though this still needs to be confirmed by Boeing, 12 787's were delivered in November including 2 788's, 7 789's and 3 787-10's. Moving forward to this month there is a good chance a new record will be set for the number of deliveries in a month


How many 787s are expected to be delivered in December? If November was 12, that take YTD to 137 which is some 17 short of the production rate of 14.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 9293
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:03 pm

scbriml wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Though this still needs to be confirmed by Boeing, 12 787's were delivered in November including 2 788's, 7 789's and 3 787-10's. Moving forward to this month there is a good chance a new record will be set for the number of deliveries in a month


How many 787s are expected to be delivered in December? If November was 12, that take YTD to 137 which is some 17 short of the production rate of 14.


I am basing my answer on this

http://nyc787.blogspot.com/

21 787's however that is dependant on QR taking all their 787's, they were delayed due to Q Suites, there is also one for Suparna as well which is ready for delivery though unclear if they are taking that or if it is going to another operator. I actually count 20 on the spreadsheet with December delivery dates though they are going up to the 23rd of December so there could be a couple more, would think possibly LN953 for Turkish and LN955 for Norwegian being delivered, the 4 787's for Vistara wont be delivered until January so Boeing is likely to fall short of projected deliveries, the production rate was 14 by the end of the first quarter so their target would be around 162 frames for the year, that is working off 12 per month from Jan-Mar, then 14 per month for the rest of the year
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 9733
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:11 pm

scbriml wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Though this still needs to be confirmed by Boeing, 12 787's were delivered in November including 2 788's, 7 789's and 3 787-10's. Moving forward to this month there is a good chance a new record will be set for the number of deliveries in a month


How many 787s are expected to be delivered in December? If November was 12, that take YTD to 137 which is some 17 short of the production rate of 14.

In addition to several frames built but not currently delivered (the Hainan ntu frames), Boeing didn’t start the year at 14/month. The ramp up from 12 started at the beginning of the year with the rate reached during Q2.
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:57 pm

If you look at the number of frames loaded into assembly in 2019 so far the number is 152, that's just shy of 14 per month. Although this might drop a bit in December as this is usually a slower month for this aspect of the production. So this is very much in line with the going to 14 during the year.
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 26517
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:37 pm

And Production Rate and Delivery Rate can be mutually exclusive figures.
 
User avatar
kanban
Posts: 3984
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:00 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:29 pm

Boeing may arrange some paper deliveries with fly a ways in Jan. just to meet the goal.
 
B787register
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 8:39 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:21 pm

[twoid][/twoid]
Someone83 wrote:
MoKa777 wrote:
B787register wrote:
Zipair Tokyo is the first taking one of Japan's JA822J


That's just an internal transfer, no?


Yes, a few of their oldest (and heaviest) ones are being transfered to Zipair


Do you happen to know which ones they are transferring?
David C
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 17825
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Stitch wrote:
And Production Rate and Delivery Rate can be mutually exclusive figures.


Yes, I fully appreciate that, but over a whole year you'd expect the two to track pretty closely.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 26517
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:05 pm

Stitch wrote:
And Production Rate and Delivery Rate can be mutually exclusive figures.

scbriml wrote:
Yes, I fully appreciate that, but over a whole year you'd expect the two to track pretty closely.


Fair point, but as noted up-thread, the 14 per month production schedule has not been in place for a whole year. Though I will note even if that had been the case, we still have outliers like Qatar Airways, who have a very...mercurial...delivery schedule and other carriers who have been slowing or cancelling deliveries.
 
Tankdiver
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:07 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:17 am

Bamboo Airways VN-A819 posted by Gary Eaton via Instagram...

https://instagram-dm.com/p/B5l-HQjBCug

and some low res photos found on the internet:

ImageBamboo by Jimmy Vu, on Flickr

ImageBamboo by Jimmy Vu, on Flickr
 
User avatar
frigatebird
Posts: 1703
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:02 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:32 am

So this one is LN911?
146,318/19/20/21, AB6,332,333,343,345,346,359,388, 722,732/3/4/5/G/8,9, 742,74E,744,752,762,763, 772,77E,773,77W,788 AT4/7,ATP,CRK,E75/90,F50/70
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 17825
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:51 am

frigatebird wrote:
So this one is LN911?


I thought LN911 was going to Bangladesh Biman as S2-AJY?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
MEA-707
Posts: 3737
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 1999 4:51 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:10 pm

Antaras wrote:
Some Vietnamese articles reported that Bamboo will take Hainan's two USED / SECOND-HAND B787-9s from Hainan for 11 years. Those are MSN 62725 [B-206R] and MSN 62739 [B-1140], leased from Celestial Aviation. https://vietnambiz.vn/bamboo-airways-sap-thue-hai-chiec-boeing-787-9-khoang-mot-nam-tuoi-20190924112244536.htm
Does anyone have any other reliable confirmation, (for example, some insiders confirmation, or registration)?
If this is true, Bamboo will become the first second-hand 787-9 operator (or not, did any other carriers receive 2nd-hand 787s, except ntu airframes?)

P/s: In fact, no one sure that Bamboo will take 924 and 936. The registration was unknown, while Bamboo is saying that they will definitely receive their first B789 this month, before 2020.


I'd also think of the two Kenya Airways 788s leased to Oman Air in full livery and registration but since returned to the original owner. 2 VIP ones also had two owners already but not really operated by both (the Privatair and Deer Jet machines).
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 9293
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:00 pm

scbriml wrote:
frigatebird wrote:
So this one is LN911?


I thought LN911 was going to Bangladesh Biman as S2-AJY?


LN911 is for Biman as noted above. The Bamboo 789 is LN936, NTU Hainan

Image

https://twitter.com/BoeingSCspotter/sta ... 82720?s=20
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
MrHMSH
Posts: 2470
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:32 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:45 pm

Tankdiver wrote:
Bamboo Airways VN-A819 posted by Gary Eaton via Instagram...

https://instagram-dm.com/p/B5l-HQjBCug

and some low res photos found on the internet:

ImageBamboo by Jimmy Vu, on Flickr

ImageBamboo by Jimmy Vu, on Flickr


Very excited to see this one in SGN! Looks pretty damn good, though unfortunately it 'competes' with VN 787s which are gorgeous aircraft.

This one is an NTU, is there a breakdown of orders direct with Boeing and NTU from GECAS?
 
musman9853
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:46 pm

So if we're at 936 coming out, when will ln1000 be built?
Welcome to the City Beautiful.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 9293
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:18 pm

musman9853 wrote:
So if we're at 936 coming out, when will ln1000 be built?


Actually the latest to roll out which was yesterday is LN957, LN1000 787-10 destined for Singapore Airlines should be in final assembly about the second half of February
Forum Moderator
 
Antaras
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:18 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:22 pm

MrHMSH wrote:
Tankdiver wrote:
Bamboo Airways VN-A819 posted by Gary Eaton via Instagram...

https://instagram-dm.com/p/B5l-HQjBCug

and some low res photos found on the internet:

ImageBamboo by Jimmy Vu, on Flickr

ImageBamboo by Jimmy Vu, on Flickr


Very excited to see this one in SGN! Looks pretty damn good, though unfortunately it 'competes' with VN 787s which are gorgeous aircraft.

This one is an NTU, is there a breakdown of orders direct with Boeing and NTU from GECAS?


A direct order of 10 with Boeing, an unconfirmed MoU of another 20. Unknown if are there any orders with lessors. At this moment, Bamboo is 'looting' 924 and 936 from GE.
Just another guy from Việt Nam :)
 
Aircellist
Posts: 1531
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:43 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:05 pm

Question for geeks: I suppose the 787 will be the wide body that will have reached 1000 deliveries the earliest in its career… By how much?
"When I find out I was wrong, I change my mind. What do you do?" -attributed to John Maynard Keynes
 
danipawa
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:30 pm

Im confused, I though Bamboo ones were used Hainan frames....or they are adding ntu too ?
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:55 pm

danipawa wrote:
Im confused, I though Bamboo ones were used Hainan frames....or they are adding ntu too ?

It's a bit unclear right now, but it looks like they will get both the used Hainan frames through Gecas and these NTUs, either through Boeing directly or through another lessor. But please don't ask for some 'official' confirmation.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 9733
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:59 pm

danipawa wrote:
Im confused, I though Bamboo ones were used Hainan frames....or they are adding ntu too ?

There are rumors that Bamboo will take some used Hainan 787s in addition to the ntus from GECAS but nothing official as far as I know. Right now the only new current gen jets Hainan has gotten rid of are the 2 A350s they are leasing to SAA.
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:48 pm

In this article, published today on the Nasdaq website, it's mentioned that Bamboo will take delivery of 4 787s by the end of Q4 2020.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/bamboo- ... 2019-12-03

Unless 2 more Hainan NTU are going to Bamboo it will mean that they will take delivery of 2 used 787s.

We just have to be patient to see how this will develop, we should know within a couple of months how many 787 Bamboo will take right now.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 9733
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:06 pm

Momo1435 wrote:
In this article, published today on the Nasdaq website, it's mentioned that Bamboo will take delivery of 4 787s by the end of Q4 2020.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/bamboo- ... 2019-12-03

Unless 2 more Hainan NTU are going to Bamboo it will mean that they will take delivery of 2 used 787s.

We just have to be patient to see how this will develop, we should know within a couple of months how many 787 Bamboo will take right now.

By end of Q4 2020 Bamboo should be taking delivery of 787s from their direct order. That is probably where those 2 other planes are from since the link says they are from previously announced deals.

Edit: the link (now? I could have sworn it said Q4 before) says end of Q1 2020- which would indeed mean used planes or more new NTUs.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 9293
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:46 am

Turkish Airlines and Norwegian 789's at the fuel dock. Norwegian 789 no engines installed and wearing tail hero Irish Aviator James Fitzmaurice

Image

https://twitter.com/KPAE_Spotter/status ... 46432?s=20
Forum Moderator
 
musman9853
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:58 am

qf789 wrote:
musman9853 wrote:
So if we're at 936 coming out, when will ln1000 be built?


Actually the latest to roll out which was yesterday is LN957, LN1000 787-10 destined for Singapore Airlines should be in final assembly about the second half of February

Wow, that's quick. Thanks!
Welcome to the City Beautiful.
 
danipawa
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:07 am

ChAviation listed these 2:

Bamboo Airways 746 62739 B787-9 B-1140
Bamboo Airways 752 62725 B787-9 B-206R
 
Devin
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:50 pm

The image of the Bamboo -9 with the large shadow is from me. I'm @BoeingSCspotter on twitter. I would say I know a lot about Boeing SC and if anyone has a question feel free to ask.
CHS Spotter
 
Devin
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:52 pm

I have received images of United's 787-10 in new livery fully painted however unfortunately I am not allowed to share them. Most recent news I have on it is that its doing engine runs tonight, and its first flight is supposed to be on Tuesday of next week.
CHS Spotter
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2737
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:57 pm

Random question but how do Trent 1000s arrive to PAE and SC? I assume by air obviously but is there a specific cargo carrier?
 
Delta350
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:52 pm

Devin wrote:
I have received images of United's 787-10 in new livery fully painted however unfortunately I am not allowed to share them. Most recent news I have on it is that its doing engine runs tonight, and its first flight is supposed to be on Tuesday of next week.


Have there been pictures posted online?
Plane Spotter from the Magic City and Hartsfield-Jackson...(ATL)
 
Devin
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:42 am

ikolkyo wrote:
Random question but how do Trent 1000s arrive to PAE and SC? I assume by air obviously but is there a specific cargo carrier?


Volga-Dnepr carries them on their AN124 to PAE, but for CHS I'm actually not sure. We get random AN124's every once in a while but not as often as PAE. I wish I would know.
Last edited by Devin on Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHS Spotter
 
Devin
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:46 am

Delta350 wrote:
Devin wrote:
I have received images of United's 787-10 in new livery fully painted however unfortunately I am not allowed to share them. Most recent news I have on it is that its doing engine runs tonight, and its first flight is supposed to be on Tuesday of next week.


Have there been pictures posted online?


Yes, I and Gary have caught the unpainted one.

My image: https://www.instagram.com/p/B40ZjnEBDTH/

Gary's: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5rBUtfBgYz/

There is one image that I have found on the internet that I can share from a friend of mine of the painted one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5pF03lFxHm/

I have full fuselage images that have been sent to me by an employee, however I am not allowed to share them. All I can say is the new livery looks great on the 787. Rumor has it that its doing its first flight on Tuesday. When I catch it I can share my images. Will keep you guys updated!
CHS Spotter
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 26517
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:56 am

ikolkyo wrote:
Random question but how do Trent 1000s arrive to PAE and SC? I assume by air obviously but is there a specific cargo carrier?


I have seen flatbeds carrying them up Interstate 405 from SEA to PAE so I imagine they landed at SEA on a commercial 747-400F.
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2737
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:10 am

Devin wrote:
ikolkyo wrote:
Random question but how do Trent 1000s arrive to PAE and SC? I assume by air obviously but is there a specific cargo carrier?


Volga-Dnepr carries them on their AN124 to PAE, but for CHS I'm actually not sure. We get random AN124's every once in a while but not as often as PAE. I wish I would know.


I was under the impression the An-124s were typically GE deliveries. I guess there could be other flights.
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:07 am

Stitch wrote:
ikolkyo wrote:
Random question but how do Trent 1000s arrive to PAE and SC? I assume by air obviously but is there a specific cargo carrier?


I have seen flatbeds carrying them up Interstate 405 from SEA to PAE so I imagine they landed at SEA on a commercial 747-400F.

This is correct, see this tweet: https://twitter.com/sft_group/status/10 ... 6587424768

They truck them from Derby to STN from where they are flown to America.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 9293
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:09 am

Vistara 789 LN905 returns to PAE after a test flight (5 Dec)

Image

https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/12 ... 81185?s=20
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 9293
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:13 am

Japan Airlines 788 JA848J departing PAE on delivery to HND (5 Dec )

Image

https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/12 ... 24928?s=20
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 9293
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:15 am

Qantas 789 VH-ZNK taxi test and first flight (5 Dec)

Image

https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/12 ... 30304?s=20
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 9293
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Boeing 787 Production/Delivery Thread - 2019

Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:17 am

Japan Airlines 789 JA878J returning to PAE after a test flight to GEG

Image

https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/12 ... 30112?s=20
Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos